All ClickUp Reviews

LOVE It!

Lihini

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

ClickUp to make tracking better

PROS

It’s easier to setup but a bit complicated to understand. But once you do, it’s only a matter of time that you get the hang of it. It has everything a project management needs.

CONS

At a glance it looks complicated. Took some time to understand and work around it.

Valериа

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

A robust tool at a very good price

PROS

I love that it has multiple features, it is a robust tool.

CONS

There is room for improvement in terms of intuitiveness and user-experience, and occasional bugs arise from time to time.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

It wasn't my decision, it was our manager who decided to switch to Clickup

Claire

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Decent Tool, Poor Service & Annoying Upsell

It was great initially while we're testing it out, even paid up-front annual for an upgrade to their Unlimited plan. Then it went downhill from there. Our team is small, will likely keep shopping after this if their service is poor as such.

PROS

I was quite pleased with the tool - it helped a lot with productivity and scheduling tasks with my team. I've used other collaboration tools and found Clickup working the best for our needs.

CONS

The tool is quite complex to set up and learning curve is huge compared to others - they try to do a lot, maybe too much. The upsell technique is quite annoying too. Worst of all is their service. When I filled out the contact form to reach out to sales, heard back within minutes. Replied back to my concerns on upsell, didn't hear back for days.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

I tried Notion and others, but Clickup seem to worked the best for project management purpose of my firm. I'll likely have to incorporate other tools as some work as well.

Nia

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

I absolutely love ClickUp! Have Been Using it for Years and Won't Go Back!

I'm a ClickUp Stan! I use ClickUp for just about everything and don't plan to stop anytime soon. It works amazingly and is the first thing I recommend to clients.

PROS

The functionality of it is amazing! It works great and functions at top level

CONS

It's a learning curve for some of my clients so sometimes it takes some additional hand holding. But once they get it, they love it!

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I wanted a more high powered tool with bells, whistles, and shiny features!

Marc

Architecture & Planning, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Easy, intuitive and visual with plenty of scope for customisation.

Overall, I'm happy with Click Up. I was able to log all my projects and break them down into bite sized chunks, tack and manage them efficiently an effectively.

PROS

Click Up is simple and easy to learn; you can be be more efficient from day one. Yet it is powerful enough to cope with the most complex and demanding projects with multiple ways of viewing an analysing your data.

CONS

For more complex tasks the user interface can sometimes be a little clunky and not as intuitive as I would have hoped. But on the whole I was able to find what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Click Up offered so much more than Trello.

Pauline Yehn

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Clickup Review

It was average but maybe it would have been better if there's training support on how to simplify click up's project management concepts/features

PROS

how extensive it is in the project management perspective.

CONS

parallel to how extensive, it can therefore be overwhelming and heavy to the eyes

Reason for choosing ClickUp

Clickup was the one being used by the team already

Furkan

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Perfect for task management

PROS

I like the intuitive design and the structure of the tasks.

CONS

I think time logging mechanism could be better.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Notion was a bit slower compared to Clickup.

Constance

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

ClickUp keeps us going!

PROS

My team is virtual. Without ClickUp's emails, scheduling and status updates, we would have no idea what the other person had done and it would make communication a longer more tedious process. I can sleep knowing that my team member has marked all items "complete" each day.

CONS

The new update makes the screen harder to see on the calendar version. We use the calendar most and it makes it annoying to not be able to see the whole month.

Shreya

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Happy to use Clickup

PROS

My most favorite thing was functionalities provided in description and comment box, specially the list it shows after '/' character. I mostly used that for numbering about attachment. it is really easy to use at implement not only at work but also at personal level. in clickup you can only create 5 spaces in a single workspace if you are using free account but you can create numerious workspaces with single account which can have 5 spaces each for free forever plan.

CONS

There is nothing I dislike about Clickup.

Monica

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Great task management tool

As a consultant, I have a number of projects for different companies that I work on at once. There are a number of project and track management tools out there and Clickup is the one I like the most because it has all the features AND a clean distraction-free design.

PROS

The clean and easy-to-use design and abundant features.

CONS

There is little support but the app is easy enough that it isn't really crucial.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

ClickUp has more features on the free version than other platforms.

Laura

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

ClickUp is the best way to productivity

ClickUp's extensive features make it ideal for businesses who need to automate procedures and workflows and may serve a wide variety of customers. This works wonderfully for us as a business. For businesses with fewer customers and fewer personnel who need transparency and procedures, it may be overkill.

PROS

ClickUp is used to efficiently monitor tasks and time spent. ClickUp has been a fantastic assistance in supplying documentation and tracking right time on each work, as well as keeping the data logged securely so that we can examine it at any time.

CONS

It would be wonderful if the recurring tasks were less buggy. Automation software that makes use of pre-existing applications. Having a Reminder System That Works Outside of the House.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Before we started utilizing ClickUp, there was almost no transparency when it comes to employees knowing or comprehending their daily duties. It was also difficult to meet deadlines since project managers lacked the information they needed to see the status of their projects at a glance.

Fred

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

A real boon for our planning and implementing activities

The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

PROS

We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

CONS

There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

The boards of Trello are an interesting concept, but ClickUp seems to be a more natural way for us for viewing tasks. What is great, though, are the other options to view tasks that are similar to Trello if needed, but we are not bound by that.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

We liked Rukovoditel, but it really required setting up everything from scratch. That allowed us to really have just what we wanted, but as a small team with limited tech skills, it has been really helpful to have a program that has most of what we need built in and functioning in ways that we just don't know how to set up in Rukovoditel.

Filip

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Flexible, Intuitive & Full of Features

Now that I’ve used it for almost a year, I feel very confident in its abilities. It took me a while to understand how to use all of its functionalities but it wasn’t hard, it just took time. Now I can build really useful systems with it, from client portals to even advanced relationship management and client engagement solutions. I’ve set it up so it’s useful to me and my team but the overall feeling is that it drives me to do work rather than to track time or check on tasks or look at reports. It really focusses all members to complete tasks!

PROS

I really like how it allows you to create any structure. Using spaces, folders and lists, I can segment clients in different spaces, organize projects in folders and use lists for project stages. I like how they offer many templates (I recommend every newbie to start from there) with ready functionality like agile project management or even a light CRM. I also like to use their native apps on desktop and mobile because they’re intuitive and easy to get into.

CONS

One must have some experience with productivity tools to get into the useful features. Because the system offers such a high level of flexibility, it demands an organized and streamlined implementation to get the best benefit out of the product. Although extremely easy to configure, one needs to have experience in generating reports to understand how to build the dashboard widgets optimally. A lot of time can be spent on understanding how the system works and at the beginning it feels like nothing is happening.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

ClickUp gives me the best value for money over all other products I investigated. I needed a tool that gives me all functionalities for one price, not to be very expensive and to have high level of automation capabilities. ClickUp also has very good control over the entire process i.e. when configured properly, it also guards me from making mistakes by choosing an easier option and causing havoc in the organization.

Rudolf

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Best of all for tasks and project management

PROS

I've tried them all, both the well-known project management tools and the newer ones, more document-oriented. ClickUp has the absolute best development team, listens to their community's voting platform and reveals new features every week. At the same time, their packages are reasonably priced, so affordable for many. We run a small real estate development company with ClickUp.

CONS

Their UI could be cleaner and their mobile app should be relaunched for sure. With their latest implementation of 'Automation' it looks very promising, and I hope they can keep up with the new players and make ClickUp more document oriented.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

While I like the document-oriented approach of the other apps, ClickUp has one of the most mature task and project management products.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

While Asana is known for being slow in their development, ClickUp actually implements the features their users are asking for.

Bakari

Media Production, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

ClickUp: The Best Task Management Application I’ve Ever Used

It was pretty easy to get started using ClickUp, though it has many features to learn and use. I also found it pretty easy to transfer my many of project lists in Todoist over into ClickUp.

PROS

I've used over eight different task management applications over the last 10 years, and finally ClickUp solves 90% of my path management needs. It seems like ClickUp offers new features and updates on a nearly weekly basis. It includes several different ways to view tasks and projects, as well as the ability to keep track of goals and milestones. I like how I can easily create templates for projects, tasks, and lists, as well as archive lists for later use. The development framework for ClickUp allows developers to keep adding features to the application, but at the same time maintain the core user interface. Though I don't use ClickUp as part of a team, it does come in handy when I invite and share projects or tasks list with guests. ClickUp may be more than what many people need, but it is one of the best applications I pay an annual subscription for.

CONS

I wish ClickUp allowed for assigning reminders to individual tasks rather than assigning universal reminders to all scheduled tasks.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Though Todoist is a nicely designed application, it provides on a few ways to view projects, and it doesn’t include built-in automations.

Patrick

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

So far, the best project management software (I've used a few)

Overall I'd say I'm very satisfied, productivity has boosted and I can keep things more organized. It's super easy for me to create a task, assign it, decide a timeframe for it (have it appear on my Google Calendar) and have an overview (and email digests) of all the work to be done. I recommend it for anybody from a big project manager, to a single person just organizing day to day choirs.

PROS

As its tagline states "one app to replace them all", ClickUp does a great job at offering features I'd otherwise previously be using 2-3 different apps for. I used to have an app for tasks, another for time tracking, and other methods for sharing media and messaging, I now use ClickUp for all of these things. I have recommended it on all projects I've worked on, and have yet to meet a team that did not find it valuable enough to make a switch to it.

CONS

It's still relatively new, so there are a couple of things that need 100% fixing here and there, for example, I've found the desktop app a little annoying sometimes when it needs to update and I had to change the shortcut icon on my taskbar (as if the update changed the program .exe file), but as mentioned, it's new so I guess somethings are to be expected.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I found more features in ClickUp and more ease of use of them.

Hey, Patrick! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review! We're so happy to have you here from Trello and to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp! We'd love for you to post your ideas regarding our desktop app to our feature request board(s) and describe what it would help you to achieve or accomplish better than today the more detail the better to help our Product team really understand the impact! Our Product team keeps a close eye on ideas posted here to plan future releases and gauge interest, so every vote counts! Have an amazing and productive day!

Replied June 2022

Gabriel

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Feature rich, maybe too rich

Overall it's a really nice tool to work with; In my personal opinion, it is way better than devops and more customizable than JIRA. And I guess it wasn't only me; the team also felt comfortable enough that we even started using it for retrospectives.

PROS

I liked that every one of us (we were a 10-men dev team featuring 2x QA, SCM, PO and DEVS) was able to create as many customized views and lists and what-not. Aggregation worked amazing - especially when grouping things together for exports and reporting Sub tasks - we used that alot for "task-scoping" (basically task breakdown) and on the business plan it also allowed us to assign hour estimates

CONS

Two things over here: - we were on the Business pricing plan - we could have worked with Unlimited, except that there was this one feature (resource vs. task allocation) that we really needed; it was kind of annoying to have to switch to the next tier just to get this one little thing working - customizations - ClickUp allows you to pretty much configure EVERYTHING, so it made it a bit hard to set it up properly. I remember that we figured out at some point that we can disable things at list level, but this only got rid of part of the problem.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

We had previous experience with them; JIRA was a pretty solid choice, but it's pricing makes it rather expensive; devops - just no :)

Kelly M