(1,298)

1,298

• Pros

• "This software is easy to use and I love the functionality"

• "I used other products but this software is amazing for free and it works perfect I can easily track all my tasks"

• "I like the way it organize all the task. The filters are PERFECT. Clickup just redesign everything and it's super fast, I like it very very much! big thanks"

• Cons

• "So far the mobile experience could be improved on the app. Its a work in progress but definitely could be made more user-friendly."

• "The software user interface is a little hard to navigate initially, but you can get used to it pretty quickly."

• "- could still use some optimization when loading lists (observed in Safari) - it is a bit jittery, but that's just me nitpicking. :) "

Browse ClickUp Reviews

Matthew from Tagticians

Finally a project management tool that is easy to customize and use

Very positive. They have good promos that will let you get started with a 'permanent' discount. Their customer support is superb and overall I feel confident that their future roadmap will help them improve ClickUp even more.

Pros

The suite of features offered make it easy to tailor ClickUp to your on requirements. As a solo contractor I do not work in large teams, but still need a power project management tool to help me in my daily acitivities. ClickUp does this while keeping the price realistic and attractive for single users. Their new 2.0 version has improved the UI significantly and in combination with their integrations I am able to automate a lot of work saving me a bunch of time.

Cons

The number of features can seem overwhelming sometimes, especially when setting up your workspace for the first time. I would like to see their Google Chrome plugin also in the mobile Gmail app so that I can create tasks on the go. Mobile integration is poor forcing you to swith between apps to create tasks.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Flexibility in the product. Sometimes I need boards, other times I need lists. I can invite guests to ClickUp at no extra costs which both Trello cannot do, without them being only an observer. Todoist is simply too limited as a project management tool, but I used them for many years prior to switching.

Sharon from Integrity Partners Inc.

Got Mutiple Projects - Get ClickUp

I've tried several similar programs. While the layout is comparable across them, ClickUps calendar integration along with the ability to add subtasks AND checklists make it a clear winner for me to track multiple projects for multiple clients.

Pros

Multiple view of information allows me to see data across projects a breeze. The mobile app has great functionality and is not limited to one view like some competitors. What I appreciate most is that the calendar of dated tasks easily integrates with the calendar on my mobile device so I have all of my dated activity in one spot!

Cons

The free version was recently updated to reduce functionality under this plan. Even solopreneuers will need to upgrade to the Unlimited Plan to get the benefits of the program.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

As a consultant, I have a need to manage multiple projects for several clients at a time. To get the same functionality that ClickUp provides I would have had to pay for multiple users, even though I only need one user.

Lorin from Customer Intelligence Institute

Best in Class Contender

We've had experienced with many different project management and productivity platforms. ClickUp is relatively new but we were delighted to find it. We needed something that we could customize to our workflows, and I actually wanted something that I could use personally as well. So far ClickUp has been perfect. Usually platforms that try to do too many things wind up with a mediocre service. With ClickUp, it there are a surprising number of features and capabilities, all that perform very well which is something I haven't seen before in a single platform. The interactions with customer support have been phenomenal and I like that they share their core values on the marketing site. Set-up was also very easy. Because ClickUp is a fairly robust platform relative to some other apps out there for smaller teams, I took a little more time than I usually would to onboard and watch the set-up videos, but it was still under 30 minutes. It was fast, easy, simple and gratifying to customize, and it's meeting all of our needs so far. To top it all off, the Freemium plan is unbelievably robust, and the paid version is more affordable than in seems it could be. This company is doing a lot of things right and I would definitely recommend them.

Pros

- Customization - Clean interface - Ease of use - Customer support - Ability to to embed files/urls into tabs - Calendar integration - List view/board view - Freemium plan is incredibly robust, low-barrier Premium plan - Great desktop app

Cons

Interface could be slightly more streamlined Maybe a better name than ClickUp? There's really not that much not to love so far!

Best value Most customization Most relevant capabilities

Bhavesh from Ekahal

Amazing tool for task management

We use ClickUp as a project and task management tool. We are a consulting firm that manages multiple projects at a time with different people responsible for each. As we also work with freelancers for some of the assignments, it is very easy to manage their tasks also via Guest access.

Pros

The flexibility it provides in terms of access management, task creation, and task tracking. The option to view the tasks from an individual (task performer) perspective and also a view that helps manage the project as a whole with multiple tasks and subtasks.

Cons

The one area of improvement can be in terms of the reports it provides. Currently the reports seem very limited and may have scope for improvement.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp was the most flexible and provided great value for money. With ClickUp 2.0, we don't feel the need to explore other options

Andreas from sPeople

Clickup is packed with features, but it needs some polishing

Clickups main strength is to give the user full control over how they want to manage their tasks and checklists, while also give the option to viw them the way they prefer it. There is a bit of a learning curve with clickup, but one you get the hang of it, clickup has the possibility of saving a lot of time (for example with recurring tasks for us). For the productivity freaks like me, clickup is an uncut diamond that need a lot of polishing (mainly better styling in terms of visibility of featues - especially for people with bad eyesight like my girlfriend - but also in terms of using the screen space as optimally as possible). I hope that with time the styling gets updated such that new users can get the same enjoyment out of this system as we have when we applied our own styling to clickup.

Pros

I like that there is so many ways you can customize and view you tasks, which was vital for my girlfriend and i who uses clickup for managing our daily lifes together and for our jobs. The primary reason we switched to clickup was the ability to make recurring tasks, such that we could keep track of maintenace tasks in our home that doesn't have to be done every week. Before i managed this manually for us, but now we have automated this with clickup. In combination with this we wanted to have one system to manage all over our tasks, reminders and notes, which clickup can do for us. We also wanted to be able to switch views, bacause my girldfriend wants to see tasks in a list view, where i prefer a board view, which was what the main thing that convinced my girlfriend to switch over from trello, which doesnt have this feature.

Cons

The main problem we have with clickup is the overall styling and layout of clickup. Mainly many of the colors in the app is too neutral and often just different shades of grey, which makes it hard to distinguish one thing from another. Also the acitivity overview in each task is WAY to big, and it would be cool if this was made an optional thing to view, which was hidden at default or could be set to hidden in the settings because we rarely use it. Lastly the individual elements on the views and for each task has way to much padding around them, which makes it such that you almost cant see any of the important (in my opinion) things on each task, whick is the checklists and the subtasks, which gets pushed out of view when you are rolled to the top of the task, especially when viewing things on a laptop. This also applies to list view, where the tags (which is also hard to read for my girlfriend with bad eyesight) could be moved out to the right instead of being underneath the task name to fill less on the screen so more can be viewed. To try and make up for these problems, i have actually made my own styling to clickup (i am a system developer myself in my daily job) to solve many of the isues we have with it. When these things are solved, clickup becomes much more intuitive and user friendly to us. We hope that with time the styling will improve such that we dont have to make out own styling, but in the meantime we get around these issues by this method.

Skyler from Skyler Bird Web Design

ClickUp Has A Lot Going For It!

I use ClickUp for todo lists, documents, and the occasional time tracking related to tasks I'm using ClickUp for.

Pros

ClickUp puts everything I could want in one place. It keeps me from scattering to several different apps to do related tasks and is great for productivity.

Cons

ClickUp is a very busy app. There is so much going on that it's easy to get lost in the thing. It can be overwhelming even after months of using it and I feel like there are probably better ways to present the app to make it a little more digestible.

Edward from Centro GEN

One of the best if not the best software for Project Management

Truly useful and truly makes collaboration manageable and measurable.

Pros

What I liked so much about this software is first it is available online, via an app or through a browser extension. I have used so many project management software in the past and the particular thing I liked about click up is how it simplifies departments (spaces), projects, sub-projects, tasks, sub-task all together in one hood. You can also assign people, to tasks and the thing that makes it really shine that i don't find in other PM software is the ability to assign dependencies; that is task B cannot start if TASK is is not yet finished. For me this makes full circle specially if you are so OC about Gantt charts. I use clickup with my team to always be communicating effectively in a granular fashion. ClickUp is hands down really good!

Cons

It can get a little overwhelming at first..it's just expansive as it is. I wish that there's like a user guiding system simply because clickup created its own jargon.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

It suits our needs as an organizaiton specially in tracking the progress of our projects.

Micha A. from Centrum Jzykw Obcych EFFEKT

Fast development

It allowed me for better structuring my data in comparison to previous service I was using.

Pros

Without any doubt ClickUp possesses a lot of features and the speed of introducing new ones is very fast.

Cons

ClickUp is slow, especially if you change spaces or have views. I hope one day it'll be better. One other thing I don't like is that the UI is being changed almost every month (position of menu items, buttons, etc) which makes it difficult to use after each change. I understand that it's because of introducing new features but getting used to UI is tiring.

Jared from World's Pantry

A Great Time Management Tool

ClickUp allows for a learning curve when first implemented but once understood it will move tasks along and create for a more seamless team projects.

Pros

ClickUp allows for employees to have a task system that is laid out simply and also allows for cross sharing between teammates. Additionally it allows for a breakdown between tasks which is useful for breaking up tasks between teams or individuals.

Cons

ClickUp has great functionality but takes time to learn how to use effectively. Expect most people to not understand how to use immediately, but once learned it allows for a more productive workspace.

James from Our Daily Bread Ministries

Brilliant Project Manager

This has allowed us to track all of our ongoing projects and subtasks in a way where each user can see their task list, and get cracking.

Pros

Love the flexibility ClickUp allows - card layouts, tables, lists, deadlines, etc. All of the information you enter translates across, plus individual users can see only their tasks to use as a task manager!

Cons

I thought there was going to be a fair amount of setup required to get up and running, but after spending not that much time we were up and running

Fred from Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute Foundation, Inc.

A real boon for our planning and implementing activities

The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

Pros

We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

Cons

There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Informal Project Management Software

Overall ClickUp is pretty good. I certainly have no outstanding negatives to mention, I simply haven't found it to be anything like indispensable, yet. I would be delighted if it turns out to be useful enough to become so, but so far ClickUp is just a slightly more sophisticated list manager.

Pros

ClickUp is immediately accessible to the new user, and offers the functionality that I was looking for in what I'm calling 'informal project management software'. In my work I am regularly tasked with solo projects that often stretch out over months, solving business infrastructure challenges and forwarding long-term wants to bring the desired outcomes to fruition. I needed a tool that allowed me to record the extremely varied elements without having a structure that forced me to adapt my adaptations to the tool. ClickUp is flexible enough to use in this context. I had tried a fair amount of other solutions which didn't work for me, for whatever reason. So far so good with ClickUp

Cons

I'm using the free tool, and so am lacking access to some of the more powerful tools, like Gantt Charts. I have not yet bonded sufficiently with ClickUp to take seriously the idea of paying for it; it is currently just a pretty to-do list. That's the minimum I need it to be, but if I get interested in some of the other tools who knows?

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I had tried Trello, Any-Do List, Remember the Milk, Google Keep (which I still use but not for to-do/task management) but none were really doing what I wanted in the way I wanted it done. Neither does ClickUp, so far, but it comes closer to (or is less distant from) my vaguely imagined ideal.

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

THE project management tool (after having tried several others)

ClickUp has quickly become the tool I manage most of my business tasks, projects, and work. There are only a couple of tools I use on a daily basis and that help move my business forward and ClickUp is at the top of the list!

Pros

There's plenty of things I like about ClickUp. What stands up for me is its user interface and, among other things, the ability to easily switch the dashboard view from Task List and Calendar to Board (Kanban-like). There's so much one can do in terms of organizing the project management spaces and products, as well as features and options you can add to and activate for specific tasks labels, due dates, assignment and dependencies (great for when you have task B that can be completed only after task A has been completed). And ClickUp has something I consider a MUST for a project management tool, but that some still don't have, a smartphone and tablet app.

Cons

ClickUp has quite the variety of features and this may feel a little bit overwhelming, especially when starting out with the tool

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I was drawn by its array of features and design

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

Innovative project/task management software with plenty of power, even in the free tier

I'm impressed overall although I'm not sure I'm going to switch from Todoist. Having task dependencies is pretty tempting though. Definitely anyone looking for a task/project management for teams should look very closely at Clickup. If any of your team has aging eyes, however, trust me they're going to protest.

Pros

I have to say I'm impressed with so much power being offered for small teams for free: Things like email notifications, a slick Android/iOS app, dependencies for tasks (almost never free), file attachments for tasks (ditto), integrations (Todoist and Slack are the two I checked out), generous allocation of projects. This is a thoughtfully designed app for teams with enterprise-level features for everyone. At first it might seem like a negative that time tracking isn't native to the app but since so many adopters are probably already using a dedicated TT app, the tight-enough integration with third-party apps like Toggl is a good idea. Plus Clickup has a Chrome extension. See below for caveats. I also liked being able to minimize tasks to the bottom of the screen. Other members of the the team, such as managers, can watch tasks without those tasks being assigned to them. This is unique to Clickup, I believe.

Cons

The tagline for the app is One app to replace them all and the strain of accomplishing that shows in the webapp's complex UI. Don't get me wrong, the devs have done an impressive job with basic onboarding, in general, and with cramming so many features on-screen. However there were times I either felt lost or wondered about the various spaces and panes that weren't being used. I kept finding features that But the worst thing about the UI is the text size and the too-light accent colors. Too many UI elements were in the lightest gray imaginable that could still be perceived. Not at all optimal. Some more themes would be appreciated. I can't see being happy using the app every day because of this. Also, a tiny tiny little flag that indicates a high priority task is kind of a joke. Maybe lightly shade the whole task? The Android app , on the other hand, is better if not ideal. I'm not used to different type sizes within a pane. I disabled the Chrome extension because when it was installed it kept crashing my other extensions and its massive CPU grab led to my having to Powerwash my Chromebook.

Practical alternative for small teams on a limited budget

Pros

- Free hosted version available - Can organize tasks into different lists - Good amount of flexibility with custom statuses and lists - Easy to import existing data from lots of other tools

Cons

- Rigid hierarchy of spaces / projects / lists is unnecessary for smaller projects and potentially limiting for larger ones - Transitioning tasks between lists isn't as smooth as it could be

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I considered JIRA among other options because it has good functionality for managing a backlog separately from active works in progress. The hosted version is cheap and they do have a self-hosted version that doesn't have a recurring fee, but I was trying to avoid paying a monthly fee and I didn't have a spare machine available for the self-hosted version. ClickUp gave me the functionality I was looking for without having to pay a monthly fee, so it was a better choice for me.

Hannah from Mifiel

A full-featured solution for all your team's project management needs

By allowing our whole team (from marketing and sales to design and development) to manage their projects from one place, ClickUp makes it easy to collaborate across teams and gives everyone visibility on what's going on across the whole company. It has become the "single source of truth" for the team and effectively eliminated the need for using various redundant product management tools.

Pros

I love that it has pretty much all the features that any kind of a team might need, and as such, it can be the one product that the whole team can agree on using. Prior to using ClickUp, our team used Jira, Trello, and a number of other tools for managing products/projects within different areas, which created siloes of information that prevented the team from collaborating efficiently and effectively. Other project management tools that we explored (Asana, Monday.com, Basecamp, and Airtable being some of them) generally faced opposition from our development team because they didn't seamlessly integrate with Bitbucket/Github and lacked detailed features that'd allow them to accommodate it to agile/scrum flows. While these other tools may have offered a simpler, more streamlined experience, what our team was looking for was customizability (without sacrificing on usability) and ClickUp was the perfect balance between the two. We also love how customer-centric ClickUp is (as you can see from their awesome feature requests page (https://feedback.clickup.com/feature-requests) and how they're so focused on continuously launching new value-add products that their customers really want and need. I'd definitely recommend the tool for startups that are trying to reduce information silos and promote collaboration between teams.

Cons

The complexity of navigating through all its features, which inevitably comes as a byproduct of the breadth of the product's features (which I actually consider to be one of its biggest advantages). Although I personally find the product quite easy to use, I've heard the feedback from various team members that they find it difficult to understand how to use all the features and that they find it a bit overwhelming at times. There will definitely be a learning curve for some, but it helps for the leadership team (or the team that is implementing it) to first define how the tool should be used and help the rest of the team get onboarded on this recommended way of using it.

Eva from E.W

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great app for staying on top of my workdays, tasks and projects

Clickup has become the easiest way for me to organize my tasks per week because I can easily customize the lists-features to my needs. The best thing is that I can move all items around between lists per drag and drop (I created two lists, each with the five working days of the week: "Week A" and "Week B", because this is the best way for me). I can also plan out whole projects aside from my weekly schedule or combine the two. All lists appear in a neat sidebar. This way I can focus completely on the tasks for each day without having to look a the whole week. To distingish between jobs, I just tag them with different names and colors. And if a task is completed, I can check it "done" and it's gone. I really get stuff done now without getting stressed out anymore by constantly seeing my whole workload in front of me. Thank you, Clickup team!

Pros

I really like organizing my jobs and tasks with Clickup (free version) because it's a both simple and highly customizable app. As a freelance journalist I often have to switch a lot between many jobs and clients. If I don't stay organized, I can easily miss tasks with Clickup I can really stay on top of it and quickly change my plan day to day if something unexpected comes up. I mostly work alone, which is why a lot of other project management apps (which are mostly designed for teams) aren't right for me. Clickup allows me to do both. The software works nicely both on my desktop and my smartphone. I can create tasks and organize them in individual lists, tag them and create subtasks. I can also add due dates or estimated times to each task if I need to, so I can plan both my to dos for the week and my (realistic) workload for the day.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything major, but like any great app Clickup's still missing some features :-) First and foremost I'd love a german version of Clickup. A real inbox to organize email and create tasks from it directly in Clickup would also come in handy (via IMAP and for any email provider, since I don't have either Outlook nor Google Mail). I would also like to rename the default (required) statuses and disable the "undo" popup in the left bottom corner, because it's really annoying when I remove a lot of tasks at once (they overlap my lists so that I can't use them until the popups disappear after a while). And last but not least: Some tasks are "in progress" for a long time but still far from "done". For example I sometimes work on just one text for many hours and I can't add any subtasks to that task. So I'd love to have a progess bar or circle to manually add the percentage I've already accomplished in each task (like in 10 % steps or so). This would greatly increase my motivation :-)

Luis from Cryptic Butter

Highly Versatile for Personal Use and Teams

ClickUp is the only free application that is powerful enough to work primarily as my personal productivity system. I use it to track my daily routines and remember to complete tasks by certain dates. Moreover, I've found it incredibly useful to outline processes and systems through subtasks and checklists, to help me create each blog post. Consequently, it is very simple for me to go through my checklists which probably saves my time and mental energy. Furthermore, it acts well as a huge database of things I need to do.

Pros

Due to a rich collection of features, ClickUp is very flexible thus a great app for the personal productivity system of a power user: I think it is best suited as an all-in-one place to put task items and have them organised. For instance, you can view tasks in a board, calendar, or list and view different scopes at different levels of task organisation. Also, custom fields allow further customisation of tasks, with templates to preserve ideal skeletons of tasks. Moreover, navigation is easy with various search functions and their respective hotkeys. The notepad (in the app and the browser extension) is great for remembering ideas and converting them into tasks later, since it saves a lot of time. Having apps on multiple platforms makes it convenient to use, alongside an abundance of integration opportunities (namely Google Calendar and PomoDoneApp, which is especially powerful when using tools such as Zapier. Official documentation, as well as a place to request features, are useful, too.

Cons

While certain features can be enabled/disabled between different "spaces", the vast number of features and controls can be, to some extent, intimidating and overwhelming. For this reason, it is a good idea to spend some time getting to know the software and how to use it. For example, I've found the recurring tasks to be quite confusing due to the sheer number of optionseven for a simple daily recurring task. As a result, I've had to document when to use each setting for myself. With that said, I would like to see recurring tasks become even more intelligent by having recurrences depend on the "type" of day as well as the ability to suspend recurring tasks. This could be useful for a student with schooldays and non-schooldays, for example. Additionally, the notepad browser extension is unnecessarily floating above each webpage, so it would be better if it could be accessed solely by the extension button in the browser toolbar.

James from Texas Heart Institute

Robust, fully customizable project management tool

My overall experience has been fantastic. ClickUp has been a great tool that did exactly the things that I wanted. I want to view each project by it's Kanban Board, but then view each day's tasks in a list. ClickUp does that. I have totally different status flows for Marketing Projects than I do for Design Projects, and another totally different status flow for Print Production. ClickUp let's me set project specific Statuses - so my marketing project can be "Running" and my print project can be "At Printers". This is HUGE in my world. I want to assign Priorities within a project. Done - Priority Flags are native in the free version. I want to make a checklist that repeats on every marketing campaign, so that we have a QC checklist before we hit go on any campaign. And I want to save that checklist so I don't have to retype it on every project. Done - Checklist templates are native in the free version. I want to have nested tasks that have to be completed before other tasks can be cleared, and I want to see what subtasks are blocking projects. Done - task dependencies are native in the free version. I hope by now you're noticing a pattern here. If you're at all unhappy with your current Project Management Software, try ClickUp. It probably fixes the exact thing that you don't like about your current software.

Pros

My Quick Rundown of Pros - Very Robust System. Has tons of functionality - Fully Customizable. With a bit of tweaking it becomes your own custom project management software. - Great Customer Service. Very responsive with tons of help to get everything customized just for you. - Keep Adding New Features. What was already a robust system keeps getting new tools and features. - High Quality Free Version. They don't skimp on features for the free version. Most everything is included. The ClickUp Team basically took all of the things I hate about other project management tools and fixed them. Some tools only allow Done/Not Done. Some are only Board Views. Some are only Task Views. Some don't have a chat feature. Some don't let you make your own categories. On and on it goes. ClickUp does everything. Literally everything. And it's all customizable. Everything can be tuned to exactly the way I need it. If you like board views, you can have board views. If you like list views you can have list views. If you want a project status called "Waiting for Margaret's OK" you can do that. You can set ClickUp to fit your exact, custom needs. It's really incredible. The ability to customize everything to exactly what you need makes all of its robust tools actually work for your specific situation.

Cons

The best thing about ClickUp, full customization, is also it's Achilles Heel. There is a lot of stuff to customize and set up in order to get the software really running optimally. You can do just a simple Done/Not Done set up, but that seems like kind of a waste considering the options you have available. All that set up takes time and a lot of tweaking and adjusting even after everything is set up.

Cherry from Cherry Wong Photo

Industry: Photography

For artists and small business owners, best of my top 5

I hope they will keep on making it better, I want to see this app thrive, and as my business grow, I am interested to join more advanced plan.

Pros

I tried Monday, Quora, Trello, and Asana, I was going to paid for Asana and I asked a few photogrpaher friends. Someone suggested ClickUp. The name sounds too basic for me I thought, but then I realised its very similar to Asana, but easier to see everything. For someone who is dyslexic and easily get lost in a sea of words, Clickups layout helps me to keep multiple projects organised. My challenge of finding the right organisational app is that I am doing the sales and marketing, social media, providing the service and getting the money from clients. I need an app that allows me see different layers of project and be able to put them into calendar EASILY. It will list out tasks that dont have a due date yet. You can put the starting date, due date and estimated time. What I need most is goal setting, it has multi style goals you can set. This is a paid service on Asana. This app although has some minor problems, but its just mild inconveniences. I love how they sneakily look at other apps and what they are doing right and what they are lacking. I feel like other apps are just shutting their eyes and designing something that they love. This app is simple to use, as an artist and a small business owner, this app helps me to feel in control of a mountain of minor tasks.

Cons

Calendar is my least impressed function. Its so difficult to create a block of time and assign a task to the time. There are so many buttons to click and you need to press done after inputting the date or time value, if you forget, which you will, because no other calendars work that way, you will mess up the start and back due date, then you will have to start doing it all over again. I stop using this task to calendar function because of how clumsy it is. I wish it can be more like google calendar. Drag a block of time, you can shorten it or lengthen it. Yes, on ClickUp, if you wish to change the time you have set you need to do the clumsy process all over again. It wastes so much time. I love the start and due dates value, but I would also love the actual working date/time value. Because the prospect may contact me on 2019/03/23 at 12:00 and the project must finish (due date) by 2019/04/22 at 13:00; I may actually just work On: 2019/03/28 13:00-18:00 photo shoot 2019/03/29 11:00-14:00 editing 2019/04/12 15:00-18:00 final edit I wish there is a time log. You can see your tasks on google calendar, but you wont see your google calendar events on Clickups calendar. Sometimes the buttons are not that responsive, I have to click a few times for the radius button to be clicked on the check list. Which checklist and to do list look similar but they each has a different set of function, I wish they just combined them.

Keri from marketing

It's never Monday with ClickUp - It always feels like a fantastic Friday!

Again, I can't tell you enough how pleased I am with ClickUp! As mentioned in my cons (which really weren't cons), I mention thoughtfully setting up your CU instance. Well... I didn't take my advice and thoroughly messed up my account. I contacted the CU service chat option and was helped by a literal expert CU employee. Not only did he unravel my stuff, he gave me some great tips and found out that he's one of the "teachers" on the CU YouTube videos that I love so much. This was great news because like most, I've has less than stellar support via chat. Not with ClickUp - everything they do is top notch. I love using ClickUp for work, so I thought I'd create a space for my side-hustles and even another space for my household calendar and projects. Three months later and I've kept up with those spaces and even added my husband as a user! While he doesn't use all of the options, I have connected his Google calendar to our household projects and it's made so much difference! We even have our bills and budget stuff in CU. I'm sold on CU professionally and personally, so much so that you'd think I worked for ClickUp in sales. :) This is a solid system - don't wait, dump your other PM applications and sign up with ClickUp!

Pros

I've been a user of almost every project mgmt system available. While all have their benefits, I found myself using at least three platforms for PM. They were, Monday.com, Trello, ZenDesk and we'd pepper in communication with Slack. Monday.com was our primary system and it lacked so much in the way of customizing my boards, columns and data associated. Additionally, I never felt like I had a place where all of my project items lived. With ClickUp, I have it all - including adding goals and associating tasks to them. On a regular basis the CU team releases new and exciting features. The cost is so minimal. I am in love with ClickUp!

Cons

I really don't have any cons to list. The only thing I can mention is that you USE the help documentation and even better are the YouTube videos on the CU channel. Because the application is SO ROBUST, it can take some focused time when setting up your instance of CU. The key is to understanding the hierarchy of teams, spaces, projects, lists/task, etc. Once you have that down, you can really dig in with custom fields, colors, goals and more. I recommend that you spend the first week setting up CU in small "time chunks", also, start with a pre-made template, play around, see the output and then work backwards to customize for your company. Also, you've got to indoctrinate your users with training and the benefits (time saving, $ producing, better systems, etc), or like any system, it will just be an expense and yet one more application that isn't being optimized. Have at least one CU champion on your team so that they can be a resource for the others.

Chris from Magnifi

Best Project Management Tool I've Ever Used

I use ClickUp exclusively as a solo user for my personal projects at the moment, although I'm trying to sell the idea to my employer to move a small team toward this to replace our current project planning and bug tracking solutions. I was so impressed that I upgraded to the Unlimited paid plan and intend to be a lifelong customer. I absolutely love ClickUp and highly recommend it to everyone.

Pros

-Packed with features and options; advanced features are called "ClickApps" and can be turned on/off by an admin, depending on the team's needs. -Beautiful UI, with relatively intuitive layout -Lots of view options: by Time (i.e. a calendar), List, Kanban board, Box (cool idea I haven't seen before), Gantt chart (paid feature), and Reports. -I love how they allow you to minimize a task to pin it to the bottom of your window for easy access. I regularly pin my top 3-4 tasks I need to urgently work on, which could otherwise get forgotten (although their reminders and notifications system is quite robust, those help too). -The notepad feature is such a great idea. Perfect for having a convenient way to jot down rough notes, which you can later convert to a task if desired. -Fast development team: features and improvements are rapidly added. -Unlike a lot of their competition, they listen to users and are transparent with their roadmap: ClickUp uses a feature feedback tool called Canny to let users suggest and vote on features/improvements/bugs (see clickup.canny.io/). They also publish their roadmap, with regular updates, so you know what is coming (see docs.clickup.com/features/roadmap). I regularly check both of these pages and absolutely love this. -ClickUp's Support team is amazing. Large amounts of written and video content get posted regularly to teach you how to use various features. And if you get stuck, their Support team responds very quickly.

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve to figuring out how best to fit their many levels of hierarchy that groups of tasks can follow: ClickUp offers spaces, projects, project lists, tasks, sub-tasks, checklists, and "checked lists" (an alternative to bullet points within a description box), as well as tags and the newly-introduced goals. With all these options, it can certainly be confusing on how to structure your to-dos. My advice is to 1) watch as many of their support videos as you need to understand what they offer and 2) use only what you know you immediately need, then ignore other features until you see a need in your projects.

John from Reinvention Group LLC

Amazing New Project Management Platform

My workflow is pretty typical for a solopreneur. I have different kinds of projects that I put into different "Spaces" (kinda like "departments" or "divisions"). Then within each Space, I use the Lists (i.e. Lists of Tasks) to define a particular Project (yes, it may seem a tad confusing, but it does make sense within the platform). Then under the Lists, I add the Tasks for each step to complete the project - along with one additional level of SubTasks if I need to drill down one more notch. Very thoughtful attention to how things actually work. So, for Recurring Tasks, they've looked at most/all of the ways you could implement this feature, and given you an extensive set of options for what happens when an instance is completed and then needs to recur - so you can actually apply some conditional logic to a recurring task, vs just having it pop up on your calendar at regular intervals. Oh, and of course there's calendar integration, as well as an internal calendar. I love this feature: In the Calendar view, all your undated tasks are listed on a column on the right. Just drag the task over to a date you want to do it and populate ("calendar block") your calendar. If you have designated a time duration for that task, you can drop it onto a specific start time. How intuitive is that!

Pros

ClickUp gets it right - and the price is unbeatable: currently FREE for most features. I am not a shill. I don't work for ClickUp. I am not an affiliate. I am just a solopreneur, ex corporate exec with a mania for organizing tasks and using technology to support my work process. I've tried Asana, Wrike (still have my very expensive yearly subscription...), Trello, Todoist, NirvanaHQ, Facile Things (yes, I confess, I'm a GTD aficionado), and I've trialed a bunch more (Zoho, Teamwork Projects, Airtable,Podio/Monday, Hive). ClickUp has them all beat in my view. First, they are an upstart with an ambitious roadmap that they're delivering on. Beautifully designed UI, smartly thought-out hierarchy, list or kanban views (and you don't have to choose as in Asana), analytics, time-tracking built-in, good use of colors to tag and visualize. Oh, and did I say Gantt charts? With dependencies? Within each task, ClickUp is not that different from Wrike or Asana - nor should it be. It's about how you can access those tasks, understand what you should be doing today, and then be able to assign tasks, track them, message and collaborate with co-workers. It also integrates with everything, including Slack of course, plus other time trackers if you're already subscribed, and yes, they do have a Zapier integration. Plus, support is lightning quick, and they have video after video after video on their YT channel if you want to see something demo'd and walked through. I could go on..

Cons

Haven't found any negatives. But you might find something.

Ovidiu from OVS Websites

Best Project & Task Management out if dozens I've tried

Better productivity, less stress about missing key information on the multiple concurrent projects I run as a freelancer web developer / designer. Clarity into where each project is, what to do next, what's holding it back, what I'm waiting on from clients. The ability to plan my week with the calendar view, and store key info about a project in it's descriptions (not in a task) - stuff like links to resources, and logins, media from clients, etc. I love the freedom it provides by just giving you all the building blocks you need to organize your work, and not restricting you into "one best way" of doing things. Love the elegant, clean, functional and intuitive interface - it really makes it a pleasure rather than a chore to have to update my projects.

Pros

I wasn't even asked to write this review, I just like the software so much I wanted to give some appreciation to the team behind it and also help others find the product. 1. Awesome design - I really like my software to have a good interface, and ClickUp has the best I've seen. Elegant, clean, non-cluttered, intuitive, functional. 2. Flexibility - you can organize your work however you see fit, while giving you all the building blocks to do so. I, for example, created just one project inside of ClickUp for all my ongoing Website Design & Dev. projects, each of them being a list inside that project. I still have enough depth because of sub-tasks ans check-lists. Also, I have two more lists called Admin (for admin tasks) and General (for small tasks that don't fit in a project, like support requests) 3. A pleasure to use: this is a corollary of 1 and 2, but I have to mention it here because I always had trouble sticking to whatever system I was trying to get to work. If the App you're using doesn't make checking and updating it daily (at least) a completely friction-less and pleasant experience, then you're a lot likely to "forget" or procrastinate updating it, and things get lost and deadlines get missed. ClickUp nails this. I've never missed a beat ever since I've started and am building up some nice routines around it. Even the daily email digests are clean, to the point and useful 4. Price - IT'S FREE with full features.

Cons

I spent about 10 minutes trying to come up with something negative, and all I found was some functionality that I'd like to see added to the Android App: the ability to sort tasks in the list (by due date, priority, or both). You can do this on the web or desktop app, of course, but I couldn't find this on the mobile app.

Sasha from Rise2Learn, LLC

Amazing To-Do List + Project Management

I think the best thing with ClickUp is that every person on your team is able to see exactly what they have on their to-do list rather than sorting things in a certain bucket or category. I think also because you are able to organize different things in multiple ways it really allows you to organize all the task lists. Unfortunately, this makes it sometimes more cumbersome to hop around but the beauty is that you can sort and filter in a very powerful way so if you combine things with due dates and tagging the right people then it makes the tool very powerful.

Pros

This is probably one of the best to do lists or project management tools out there for teams that are very affordable and reasonable price. It also allows you to sort and filter things in a powerful way which makes it less cluttered like Asana or Trello. Although I do think those other tools do have their place in the world, but Trello is maybe a bit more for just a smaller one or two person team and we found that over time things get a little bit lost since you can't sort and filter things based on the person that is tagged with the item. Asana gets a bit cluttered and very difficult to learn. We found that with Clickup it was a nice balance and we've worked with many other tools in the past as well like Wrike, Basecamp, but it seems like clickup is the one we've enjoyed the most, it's been the clearest, and the easiest to learn.

Cons

My biggest wish is to be able to get Gannt charts eventually with Lookup. Seeing things on a visual platform or seeing how long things take will be a great way to plan release dates or when thing should be scheduled out a little further in time or earlier. Other than that the tool is quite amazing where it is. There's always improvement in little micro things that'll get updated but as far as the big features I think the only one that's missing is the Gannt chart for our business needs.

Isa from Moromi LLC

Amazing SoftwareSuper excited about future device updates

Doing my best to learn how to use the system as efficiently as possible, and trying to figure out how to have the device apps be useful to me. Proud user, committed to supporting ClickUp as an avid user, and really excited to see where you take it. Thank you guys!

Pros

ClickUps feature set is extensive, the service is incredibly modular and the desktop interface offers great filtering and task views. I'm a huge fan of the list views and filtering, with favorites. I love the icons for managing timelines. The two way sync with GCal is lovely. The service teams are amazing, and I feel truly cared for by real people. Watching the app grow and being involved in feedback on the development is cushy, encouraging and really wonderful. I really get the feeling like ClickUp gets greater just based on watching how quickly the features are evolving and being released.

Cons

I'm consistently frustrated with both the iPad and iPhone apps. The notifications don't really make sense because I have so much going on at any given time, and I can get up to far too many notifications for one task if all the fields are updated. This becomes quickly disorienting as they don't group and it winds up becoming challenging to see what are "chats" which need immediate response and what are other less important notifications. Most frustrating is that filtering seems to have errors on devices, and the views aren't conducive to productivity like the desktop app is, there are glitches, and mainly the apps don't feel like they fully take in mind they fully take in mind the user scenario for that device. Given the update cycles and feature releases I have a lot of faith in the developers ability to revisit their apps and the ability to embrace design and UI from a user perspective to make it great tool for productivity and organization.

Nathan from Crystal Helix

The hands-down best project management tool on the market, by a wide margin.

Huge amounts of time saved, and plenty of delight from the UI.

Pros

I love everything about ClickUp. I've used a large selection of alternative PM software (e.g., PivotalTracker, Jira, Target Process, Wrike, dozens of others) and ClickUp is my favorite of all of them. ClickUp has a robust feature set which matches all of my needs, including excellent hierarchical task management, time tracking, GitHub/Slack integration, configurable kanban/scrum workflows, etc. The team adds new features frequently, and which features get added are chosen as a direct result of community involvement via suggestion and voting. However, feature completeness isn't really a competing factor; there are so many alternatives on the market that you'll find this feature set elsewhere too. Where they excel is in their attention to user interface and user experience. ClickUp is a delight to use and looks beautiful. Finally, the customer service from ClickUp is fantastic. My first day using the project (at ClickUp's initial release to the public) I found a bug with time tracking that was a barrier to entry for me. I reported the issue, and they had it fixed by end-of-day. This service has proven to be a consistent fact.

Cons

Nothing. No, really, the software is really so good that I can't think of a single reasonable complaint about the product. If I really had to nitpick, my only unreasonable complaint is that they don't offer automatic migration from Assembla (yet), which has prevented me from transitioning over my final client who has hundreds of tickets they don't want to lose.

Tatiana from Egalite International, NGO

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Best Project Management Software Ever

We are using ClickUp for a year and love its features and team. Since we have bought our first paid accounts in 2019, ClickUp team made a great progress in navigation functions, reporting options and integration. We used many PM apps before, but never met such a responsive and dedicated team, which works hard on clients' needs, process feedback and always improves the software. New functions, interfaces and reports allowed us to cut our project management and planning time twice and pay more attention to the needs of our beneficiaries.

Pros

Task navigation system, task tracking function, inbox and reporting are my favourite features on ClickUp.

Cons

Time tracking is not very comfortable so far. You need to manage the in-built time tracker manually from Chrome or buy and integrate additional software.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp presented the most user-friendly and more "intuitive" interface and suggested the best price.

The best software I've used in years

There is a bit of a learning curve and understanding how to properly use their Spaces, Projects, and List feature will trip you up quite a bit for the first month, but soon after figuring out the setup, you figure out that it has pretty much every feature that other PM softwares have so a comparison table with Clickup and others would just be full of check marks. I love that there is a way to provide direct and recorded feedback to the platform and that it's very transparent on what the team is working on. Because their customer service is so active, you're able to feel peace of mind they're working on intelligently improving the software bit by bit. There is a little lag and bugs here and there, but I'm not sure how much they can do about the lag without a large overhaul and the bugs are resolved fairly quickly. No only that, the support team will even let you know when it's fixed or ping you for more feedback using live chat. I have strong trust in this product and team!

Pros

The customer service is phenomenal. They've built something that allows the user to give direct feedback to product. The transparency of the feedback makes it easy to know they're actually working on it and not dismissing your input. Because there are votes to the platform, if the request is obscure, it's obvious as to why the feature isn't being worked on at the moment. The price can't be beat and the community they've built is always coming up with ways to discuss how to better utilize the product. The software release schedules are so incredibly fast, there are sometimes feature releases that come out before I have time to document a request for them.

Cons

It's a bit laggy compared to Asana and there are some weird interactions that get confusing at times. I've still not yet used any of the calendar or gantt features so I would say that it would be helpful if there were more onboarding on that front. Even though Clickup has all of the features of Asana, something about Asana just made it easier to use. And the Chrome extension could use some UX improvement, but they're soon releasing a complete redesign. Finally, I can organize all of my tasks for every client easily, but keeping track of all of them is a different matter. Luckily, they're rolling out a new Inbox feature that I'm dying to see.

Shwetank from Neural Engineering Lab, IIT Guwahati

Industry: Biotechnology

Awesome Product - Must have if you want to declutter your worklife and project management

I am a Machine Learning Engineer working on applications of AI in medicine and physiology. Mostly, I would be handling my projects using traditional pen and paper methods. However, it became too tedious and staring at those sheets of paper would start giving me headache. I tried apps like Trello and Asana but they were all rigid in how they let you organize your data and very non-user friendly. But, once I saw a youtube video by Thomas Frank in which he recommended this app and described its flexibility. I gave some time to learn using this app and it has been very satisfying experience for me. All my work projects are highly organized and I have started it to use it to organize my personal life expenditures. No more papers and clumsy to-do lists. Just clean and simple management using Clickup.

Pros

I really love the flexibility Clickup provide for the management of all my projects and personal life activities. I can adjust the tasks, subtasks, and checklists the way I want. You don't need to bend yourself to adjust to the Clickup environment, instead it moulds itself according to your management style. It just flows with you.

Cons

While the product is flexible, there is a certain learning curve for learning to use all the features of the environment effectively. Though, I think that is common among all the project management apps. One thing I least liked about Clickup is that it's Android app is very slow and takes time to get updated. It doesn't even run without a data connection on the phone and it gets problematic when signals are weak. I tried previewing some images I uploaded and it took a lot of time. A partial offline setting like Evernote where it saves your frequently used documents offline would be very helpful. Also, the tasks of doing budget and money management in projects are not done quite smoothly in the app. Maybe, a separate plugin for finance based tasks will be really helpful. Guys, your product is fantastic and I have high expectations for your team. You are doing really great work. Your motto of making the world more productive really resonates with the way many productive people want to lead their lives. I happily recommend this app to anyone who asks me about the productivity issue. So, I will hope that you will improve this minor issue.

Sheila Marie from SMS Accounting & Bookkeeping Services

Great productivity tool!

With ClickUp, I'm able to streamline our processes & minimize if not totally eliminate those tasks that easily falls into the cracks. It helps my team focus on priority tasks but at the same time reminds us to deal with low key ones.

Pros

I'd been a user of other tools & somehow it always lacked something which I found in ClickUp. To think that I'm using the free version! It is user-friendly. Even those non-techie persons can easily use the app. I can say that this is the lovechild of Asana & Trello. I love the fully customizable feature so it works for every type of teams. Even for a free version, I can integrate it with my other apps like Xero, Toggl, & Slack. It helped me a lot as I'm just in my start-up stage & cashflow is crucial.

Cons

Since I'm using the free version as of now, there are some reports that I don't have the access yet but would love to have in future as it will help me improve my billing to clients.

Chas from EDIFY Background Screening

Industry: Information Services

ClickUp helps EDIFY Background Screening stay one leg UP on the Competition

Overall, this is an excellent application and does the foundational things we need where others fall short. Our employees love it and remark how it keeps us all informed so that multiple touch points with clients become seamless. Also, the checklists are great and help with projects that repeat on a weekly basis. We also like the fact that the Click-up folks send out regular updates and a listing of proposed features and enhancements and give an indication as to progress of work to add new stuff. Love it, and hope they keep the same philosophy of execution as they grow.

Pros

1- Ability to see all outstanding projects & tasks in one place. 2- Ability to assign multiple people to a task. 3- Can create reoccurring checklists which is very helpful for new client signups where we have a specific set of steps we have to execute in sequence. 4- Reminders... Reminders... Reminders 5- Can "stage-gate" a project to at-a-glace know where we are in the process. 6- Tagging others in comments is a very cool feature to keep everyone that needs to know in the know. 7- Having the ability to assign a comment to a specific person and then that person can resolve the comment once addressed. (This is a great feature to handle one-offs that aren't quite tasks but important enough to make sure it gets addressed by the right person.) 8- Can set up an email filter to automatically send tasks to Click-up (although this has to be done thru a 3rd party at the moment which is a CON for me. I'd like to see this feature become direct.) 9- Ability to make projects private or share with specific people instead of the whole team. 10- Customer support has been outstanding and very responsive.

Cons

1- Inability to send tasks directly to Click-up from a Gmail filter... (Right now have to use a 3rd party service but Click-up advises this is in the works.) 2- No Firefox app yet. 3- Sometimes notifications on the mobile app are confusing because when you click on one it opens the whole lists of projects and tasks and you have no idea which one the notification is associated with.

Andrew from The Gamesmen

Amazing what they give you on the free plan!

Took a few days to get my head around how best to use their fancy hierarchy - but once I realised it's just a way to group tasks into groups so you can work on what needs to get done for a particular project, and then use the 'view all' feature combined with the 'me' option to see all tasks assigned to me across every project & list - in board or list or calendar view, sorted however I wanted (by date or priority) - THEN I fell in love with ClickUp.

Pros

Their Workspace > Project > List > Task > Subtask / Multiple Checklist hierarchy stands out as a killer feature - yes it'll take a second to get your head around, but once you get it you won't go back. Eg. I use spaces to separate things that won't mix (ie I won't be assigning tasks to people outside the space, eg. Personal task management space vs work space - managers also have their own 'head office' space). Sub tasks are not second class citizens.... they are treated as regular tasks - so support all available features such as task assignment, start and end dates, estimated time, priority etc... CUSTOM Task status' - anything from simple 'open > completed' to 'open > researching > in progress > stuck > for review > complete' - make your own and colour code! Views for everyone's personal taste - list view, board view, or celendar/time view - something for personal preference, or suitability towards the project at hand. Version control on task descriptions! No more regrets when co-workers accidentally edit/remove important content. Watch status - for when managers need to keep an eye on tasks they've assigned or are interested in getting updates on. Box view is a great way for managers to get a quick overview of who's got how many tasks of each status - eg... who has the most in progress, who has the most stuck, who has the most unstarted tasks etc... Flexible and in depth notification settings for all kinds of events. Web, Mobile& Desktop apps. Public Roadmap!

Cons

No Board View for Subtasks within parent task main window. No Dark Mode in iOS app.

AJ from Legal Services

Test Title Please Ignore

ClickUp has helped me with personal time management, collaboration with different departments, and on projects/tasks that fall outside our normal workflow. It doesn't matter that Marketing has different needs, we can still share information and updates in a way that is more persistent and managable than IM or e-mail.

Pros

Keyboard shortcuts, sane categorization, customization of statuses. I moved away from Asana to ClickUp. It is not at all able to compete with the heavyweight IT-focused helpdesk/service desk applications, but I think that is a strength and rather than a weakness. Rather, it facilitates a more e-mail/slack-style communication and is the exact tool necessary for unstructured information and processes that don't justify the resource expense of a dedicated tool. Heavyweight CRM and service desk applications do one thing exceptionally well, and do everything even slightly outside that dismally. ClickUp easily flows into all the gaps surrounding different department cultures and workflows, and provides a flexible glue between those disparate core operations tasks.

Cons

Mostly, missing features from Asana. There's no easy way to create custom views like you can in Asana. By assigning a task to multiple areas, I could create different workflows and views rapidly, and have different teams work on the same tasks with a view tailored to their needs.

Luk from Fotolukis.cz

Industry: Photography

Killer tool with killer team

Just go for it :-). It can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.

Pros

I like the great capability and flexibility ClickUp has. It allows me to manage my personal life/tasks as well as my personal business activities. I have been looking for a long time for a solution, that would allow me to store arbitrary tasks, notes and eventually assign the due dates and such. Furthermore I wanted it to be able to seemlessly sync with my Google Calendar, so that I still can edit events in the calendar, like adding reminders and locations, that would be preserved, when I change the event date in the task manager app. This would seem like a small and simple thing, but ClickUp is the only one that I found (tried circa 25 services) that could do this. Simply, I was looking for something, that would allow me the flexibility and customizability of a pen and paper, yet having the convenience of an online service I can have everywhere with me. Today I use it everyday to plan what am I going to tackle in the future, plan upcoming days and without any aditional work, having it all in my calendar almost instantaneously.

Cons

Of course, there are a few thing I don't like, but nothing can be perfect, right. But the reason, why I don't really care about these things is the great feedback system, they have setup. It is almost like a community forum, but much more efficient and clear, where every single day the team looks for a new things to implement or fix. In my short time on ClickUp (1 month), I have already reported many feature requests and one bug. The bug was fixed within 3 days and feaure requests are being monitored and are planned to be done, while others are implemented to the platform continuously. Anyway... what I am missing the most is for the Android(maybe IOS) App to work offline and having a Trello-like view of the tasks. The former is marked as "In progress" in feature requests though and there is a workaround for the latter.

Jenn from The Creative Entrepreneurs L.A.B., LLC

A new star in project management tools

My transition from Asana/Trello to ClickUp was, overall, simple and straightfoward. I was able to import my Asana projects into ClickUp, make some modifications to fit the new system, and I was off to the races. Because of the gannt chart feature, I've got all of my projects for this year mapped out in realistic timelines and I'm now actually an entire week ahead of schedule - and we're only a week into the year! ClickUp has definitely been a game changer in my business.

Pros

This tool is so flexible! They combine the best of tools like Asana and Trello and then add even more goodies. They recently rolled out guest account management and gannt charts and that's put them in a new league. Other tools offer gannt charts, but I haven't found one that offers the flexibility of ClickUp without making you pay for 5 accounts even if you're the only person using the tool in your business. ClickUp is a much more feasible option for small businesses while offering even more value. Win-win! Another bonus is the fantastic support team. When they released the guest management feature, several of us freelancers who use ClickUp expressed concerns about the limitations that had been made for those of us who only have one person in our business and thus one ClickUp account seat. The ClickUp team responded right away and updated the feature with a compromise that not only made it a great feature for us users, but which I think also increases the value of ClickUp even more! Given the wide array of features (with even more on the way!) and the wonderful support team, I'm now a loyal ClickUp user.

Cons

There might be a bit of a learning curve for some, but if you've used other project management software like Asana, it's not significant. They have great help documentation and their support team can guide you to a solution if you run into any obstacles. I did have some issues with the time tracking extension on Chrome, but the support team looked into it and resolved it for me like champs.

Joanne-Aka from Tribe of Pan VR

Using Clickup in Film & VR Company

It is great. It has many levels to manage projects, lists, tasks, but it is not visually overwhelming. It is also easy to use, no matter what is your preferred way: calendar, lists of tasks or kanban - all your projects you can see in any of those views. I tried probably every project management software (and various paper planners), nothing worked that well. Clickup still has some little stuff that could be a bit better, but overall it is really amazing. And on top of that their client service - they react fast, and it is not a bot... ;)

Pros

Pretty and easy to set up and use - the most important thing for starter, cuz I need to like opening it - to open it in the morning, every morning. It has kanban statuses and boards, like in Trello, but you can also switch the views to lists and calendar, it has tasks, subtasks and checklists. you can add different deadlines to them. WHICH IS BRILLIANT! It has tasks dependencies. And yes, it has gantt. It also has internal time tracking (crucial for production company to evaluate next time how much it takes us to work on planning, shooting, editing, vfx, grading... And I can show it to client (adding guests) Calendar sync (with Google - 2 ways, although I cannot put the tasks directly in Google Cal for it to be synced, I have to do it in the app, but then any changes I can already do in Google. Goals directly connected to my tasks - I can add set of tasks/projects to current month's goals and check the progress Creating milestones from lists of tasks - makes i possible to see today's focus

Cons

- Goals are not easy to edit, if I wand to copy from May to June, let's say, but keeping the May intact, to see what I did in one and next month - Those milestones from lists - I cannot simply drag them in calendar view, need to edit on each list's level (a lot of clicking...) - No mindmaps (apparently: yet, it's planned, so waiting very much!) - Gantt - it's great to have it, although it still needs some work

Great project management system

Overall the platform has been great to stay organized and have visibility into what others on my team are working on. @ mentions are amazing too! That way someone can tag you to a comment or a task and you will be notified.

Pros

The amount of customization is amazing. You can set the dashboards up in a variety of ways to allow you to have a dashboard that works for you.

Cons

Not as easy to use as some of the other project management systems on the market currently. However, they seem to always be making updates to the system which has helped.

Elias from Do it Center

Awesome software for Project Management

I've being testing other great apps, but this one really fitted perfectly for me and my team. I will definitely will move to a paid version when necessary.

Pros

Great UI/UX You can use it over the browser and also they have Windows APP, Mac APP, Mobile APP, Chrome Extension Very easy to use and setup and they have documentation and video guides that helps you find the best way to use it for your business type. They allow you to manage your projects with different methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc.) They have pre-build setups depending on your business type (Marketing, Content, Development, etc.) Also have integrations with important apps like Slack, google Drive, calendar and dropbox.

Cons

I can't say anything for now, I'm using a free version with my small team with ALL the functionalities activated.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Pricing, Easy of use. Monday.com still a great tool.

RaSheem from Emagine Reality

ClickUp Review

Currently, as I just joined, I am only using it to delgate tasks and maintain order in my day. I plan to utlilize more of teh advanced functions and automate many of the processes and procedures of my businesses to create a higher level of operational efficiency, while reducing mistakes.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I like the Chrome extension and the ability to create tasks quickly. I like the option to add a note to an item within the Chrome browser. The granularity (Teams > spaces > projects > lists > tasks > subtasks along with various board styles) of the platform allows you to be very flexible with how you want to use the software and meet your individual needs. I really like the various views. I love the fact that the free version is very well featured.

Cons

There are not many things I don't like. However, there are some features that I wish were available, like: 1) Have the ability to see ALL of your own tasks (when you click 'Me') across everything, TEAMS included. Because I am an owner in a hadful of businesses, so I have a hand full of Teams. It would be lovely to click ME and I can see what I have to do for the day. Currently, I have to go to each Team individually and click ME, then in my head prioritize my day. 2) Whether on a mobile device or the Chrome extension, when adding a task, You need to click the destination of that task or use the search box to find the destination. It would be nice to be able to create a new destination right there, while creating the task. 3) This last item is somewhat built upon the 1st item. I have multiple Teams created, because I have mult entities, it would be nice to have a simple checklist function that is uncategorized, and I have the ability to move them and categorize them at some point later when I have time to think and plan what I really need to do with that particular task. This feature would need to span across Teams.

Geoff from Golden Hills School Division

ClickUp should be on everyone's radar as the new standard for productivity and project management

ClickUp helps me stay organized in a way that no other program has been able to do for me. It is extremely configurable, is constantly being developed, and helps me keep on top of tasks I've delegated or expect others to complete.

Pros

I appreciate the huge effort that ClickUp puts into customer service and constant development of the program. I first looked into ClickUp in August 2017, but it was not yet developed enough for my needs. It has since not only met my needs, but surpasses them, and I've been a happy client since April 2018. I've started using ClickUp for everything I need to get done at work. If it will take me longer than 10 minutes to do, it gets added as a task. There is a very handy Chrome extension that makes task creation and time logging really simple. Rather than depending on snoozed emails or an in-the-moment triage of what I need to work on, I use ClickUp to keep myself organized. My previous to-do app was not being developed (at least, there were no significant features being added), I couldn't involve my colleagues, and the flow didn't quite fit the way I work. With ClickUp, there is significant weekly development, I can assign tasks to others, and I can configure the program to fit my workflow precisely. On top of all this, it is at a great price point compared to many of the other options out there.

Cons

My dislikes would be very minor and may become moot in the very near future. The app only loads some of the tasks that would appear on a page (to keep loading quick, I imagine), which means that when I want to view all my tasks I have to scroll down, wait for more to load, scroll down again, wait for more to load, and so on. There are also a few cases where it takes too many clicks to get things done, although I find that's constantly being improved. Finally, the Android app is a bit tedious to use.

David from The World Needs A Father & Stellenbosch Gemeente

The Best Productivity Solution I've Found

I've been messing around with productivity platforms for about 10 years now, and I can say with unqualified confidence that ClickUp is the first platform to offer me everything I need, in the way that I need it at an affordable price. Every other system I've reviewed or used (Trello, Nozbe, Asana, ToDoist, Producteev etc.) was good enough, but all either lacked the features I need for my workflow or hid them behind hideous paywalls. Add to that the fact that the support team is stellar and they genuinely consider feature requests? Man, I can't recommend this software highly enough.

Pros

Innovative approach to task management software, capturing the best of Kanbanand list-based platforms, with additional extras thorn in for good measure The customer support is superlative (they are fast and friendly, and take bug reports and feature requests seriously) The software is flexible enough that it can be used for simple tasks but complex enough to scale to huge, layered multi-disciplinary projects Their pricing structure is the best that I've found for what they offer

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike about it, but I have found when introducing it to other less "productivity platforms are fun!" people that they regard the learning curve as a bit steep. It's not that there isn't ample onboarding tools, but the structure of the software is far more complex than a quick to-do list, which scares some people a bit. Then again, that is to be expected for software that is capable of handling the levels of complexity that ClickUp can. So definitely not a negative in my book.

Ernesto Enrique from Bandit. The most wanted talent

Best task manager in market

Pros

It's difficult to me choose one or two features because ClickUp is fulled of unlimited features and posibilities. The most loved feature I must say the views, Caleandar (sync'd with Google), Board (Kanban Style with custom columns OMG I LOVE THIS ONE) and List!.... The way I can create a task using / commands allows me to create a task very very fast without mouse, this is an unique feature. I have to mention the Mobile App, it's really awesome, another apps lack in features vs their webapp but ClickUp have unlimitless features in the mobile app too. Lest talk about design, the position of items makes readability much more easier than another apps even with tons of info for every screen of the app. Finally I have to mention dark theme, love it!

Cons

This app is really amazing, as a Web Developer I need to mantain every task very well organized. I tried a bunch of another apps before ClickUp and after weeks of testing I fall in love. But yes, I have to mention 2 things that they could do better, Light Theme es very very light, the app looks very cheap in light theme even with high contrast, I dont like it... Second thing is the load time, it's pretty slow to me, yes, I know the app have too many things to load and no problem with that but I wish the minimize to tray feature doesn't close the task because if I maximize the app open it again and that takes the same amount of time than open a task not in my tray.

ClickUp 2.0 is everything I've wanted

ClickUp's newest update is incredibly AMAZING! It is awesome to have a project management tool that TRULY integrates with other tools inside of the platform. It's been the tool I've been dreaming of for foreverrrr!

Pros

I love how well it integrates with other software I use. The new 2.0 version integrates with Google Docs + Airtable RIGHT INSIDE THE PLATFORM. Game changer. I also love the ability to remap my due dates from a project or list level!

Cons

Because it's so flexible, sometimes it can take a few more clicks than I'd like to have everything at my disposal.

Camille from Nusprout

ClickUp is one of the best - constantly being updated with new features

Pros

Easy to use for non-techy persons. It gets complicated only when you activate all the features and its options at the same time, otherwise, ClickUp is very versatile and easy to use. And their support is really helpful. What's a product without good support team behind it anyways?

Cons

Extreme lack of Automations compared to alternative like Teamwork.

Katie from Writing and Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Pretty damn good free version for a freelancer freshie

I'm a freelance content writer, content strategist, and copy-writer. I'm also helping clients launch small-time portfolio websites and mini-businesses on Insta. A jack of all trades, master of some. Why am I telling you this? Because it gives context to my answer to your question which is that for a solo multi-variety-tasker, I think ClickUp does a grand job of keeping things in order. I can't vouch for the team options, but I can say that treating click-up like a personal planner really helps calm anxiety and effectively time-budget my projects. Thanks :)

Pros

It's got a lot of options but isn't a super messy or cluttered interface. I like the variety and depth (projects, lists, subtasks) and the dynamic nature of the product. And that's all at a free level. When I can afford to, I'm amped to upgrade and make use of the Gantt charts and other Premium features as I use the platform more and start to plan more complex projects. Plus I'd be happy to support the dev of this product but I'm hanging on to my pennies just now cos I've just started out proper freelancing. and lemme tell you, this income rollercoaster is *wild*.

Cons

Perhaps these features are something I'd experience with Premium, so I appreciate I may be requesting features that already exist - otherwise: 1. The duplicating features are embedded in the actual task itself - that's frustrating and time-consuming. I'd prefer it if I could bulk copy/paste/edit tasks. 2. I like working with colours and visuals - more colours please!!!! They are emotionally triggering. I'd especially like to colour code my tasks that I 'HATE' doing with something engaging like a nice warm green. 3. Pie charts that show the amount of time spent on average/ on specific days/weeks/quarters on certain projects/tasks. 4. Visuals that show predicted time/actual time for work completed vs actual time taken Otherwise - it's fab. Thank you! You keep me sane.

Sam from Sam DiNicola Digital

Best Project Management and Productivity Tool Out There

Amazing, couldn't run my business without it.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about ClickUp. The functionality is great and very robust in the free version. I know many business owners who use it and don't need to upgrade to the paid version because there is so much functionality in the free version. You can create different spaces with multiple projects within a space and multiple lists within a project. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people with a start and end date. Recurring tasks are sophisticated and you can set based on date or nth of the month. There are also task dependencies when you're working on larger projects.

Cons

Their UI can be a little intimidating, especially for more visual people. But they are rolling out a ClickUp 2.0 soon that I have heard fixes a lot of those issues.

Great for task management and organization!

I have had a great experience with Clickip. It has been a great investment in my firm. It has made my internal processes streamlined and "written down". I also love checking off done!

Pros

I love the user interface and the way Clickup is structured. The way the tasks can be organized, kept track of, and marked off is great.

Cons

Sometimes it looks a bit "cluttery" (might be the view I use mostly), and seems hard to engage in new ways to utilize the product.

ClickUp helps me stay organized and manage my time and tasks

I'm a librarian at a public library. I don't remember exactly how I discovered ClickUp. We use gMail. It's ok. But ClickUp is more my task driver and kind of where my working brain for certain things is deciding it rather be. I do like that ClickUp has some integration with google calendar, but I haven't really figured it all out yet. Still a new convert, but I use it nearly daily. Customer service is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

What I like is that I can collect all the data for my projects in one place. Not only that, but I can have different focuses with their corresponding projects all under one account. Unlike Google Drive, Clickup gives me a more easily viewed and functional layout that is just appropriate for my style of working. I'm a beginning user so I've yet to even use it to its full potential. However, I read what others say and look forward to integrating some of the functionality of the software that I've yet to truly discover.

Cons

One of the strengths of ClickUp is its powerfulness as software and the many ways it can be implimented. At the same time, this gives it a learning curve. In the beginning, I got impatient. Now I realize, much like when I was learning the MS Office suite- it's impossible to learn it in its entirety just for the sake of learning it. I realize I will learn things as I need to know them, and then I will truly understand them. So I'm a bit over my initial frustration, and just taking my time more getting to know ClickUp.

ClickUp Review

Help me to organizad better my schedule, pending task, the project that Im in caharge and send me alerts when a task mis overdue so is very healpfull Ive been only used for a couple of weeks but I keep it a lot, and you can check it on your phone with the app.

Pros

I love how you divided the work universe, I mean first the space, you can have you own space and a space for your team, then you have projects that you can share or make it private, and finally the lists from different kind of task in that project I also like it that you can creat subtask and check list, I really really love it the check list I havent used it yet, but the fact that you can make recurring is great Other think I enjoy is that is very visual and friendly the interface, eye love is born, keep that in mind

Cons

You cant organize all the columns, e.g. If I want that the first column be Priority or a Custom fields I cant, or if I want to change the order, first Name, Second priority and at the end the due time. I know you can organize the custom fields clomunm but not all. Also you cant organize rows easily, I mean if I have 5 tasks and the 1 y want to put in the four place, 3 in the second place I need to do more than 2 moves. In my very humble opinion you should let ous to organize the columns and rows impn our ways and more easily. I dont know if this can be done, but it would be great, to add progress column (to se how much advance you have in that task) and a location column or to have this option in the task (e.g. I have differents projects with the same client but in differents citys) The checklist stuffsthat you already did should stay scratched and visible. I think the same with the subtask I hate when you put the mouse cursor on a task, he task move it because apear the rename and sub task icons

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,449 reviews