All dotloop Reviews

Tigran

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2022

Nice software for real estate deals

Bryan

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Dotloop is better for the agent than for the person signing.

Some quirks. Such as if you fill out a contact within the loop, then dotloop will only remember the name and email outside of that loop. If you want that contact to be in your system with all their info, then you need to exit the loop, go to contacts, fill out the date, and press ok once and then when the screen refreshes then press save. If you don't press this twice, you won't save the data. But at least when you do this, then all the data for the contact will save. Why this is so and so convoluted, I have no idea. But it's been like this for almost a decade and I've asked about it.

PROS

Much easier to use than zipforms and docusign for the agent.

CONS

Signing for the buyer or seller not near as easy as docusign. There you just press start and it takes you to the next place to sign. Then you click finish. All done. With dotloop the signer must scroll and search for the proper places to sign or fill out. So this is more prone to unfilled documents than with docusign. Also, dotloop doesn't offer the simple date function that fills out the date when it's signed like docusign. You must manually choose a date and if the date is tomorrow when they sign and you filled out today then you have lost time for their termination option because it started when i filled out the date rather than when the customer signed. And because it is hard to get signers to fill out fields, it's almost impossible to get the signer to fill out the date, so it's easier just to guess and fill out the date you think they'll sign.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Ease of use, intuitive (for the most part), very customizable and easy to create templates for frequently used forms. This is something you cannot do in docusign. Docusign says you can, but what they call a template is extremely limited in functionality. I can fill out all the commonly used fields ahead of time and save that as a template so that I only need to fill out the specific info for that property. You cannot do this in docusign.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Dotloop offers more flexibility for the agent/broker to customize.

Josh

Reviewed October 2019

Making Transaction Management Manageable

As mentioned above, Dotloop allowed our small team to transition away from paper-based processing to a fully digital solution. Our team was able to closer over 100 transactions per year with a single adminsitrative transaction coordinator thanks to its templates and task tracking systems.

PROS

Dotloop has a clean, intuitive interface (especially after their most recent design update). It helped our small team clear over a big hurdle of allowing our ops team to efficiently manage transactions while simultaneously allowing our agents to check on progress with as little friction as possible. Dotloop made it possible for our team to finally forego paper files and transact fully in the cloud.

CONS

Despite multiple attempts, our team never really trusted the more complex features of Dotloop (individual user permissioning in particular). Whether user or system error, we had several instances where non-team users were seeing notes, documents, or contact information they should not have seen. As a result, we used Dotloop for internal processing only, which means we had to look elsewhere for client-end solutions.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Dotloop came highly recommended by other brokers in our firm. In addition, Dotloop seemed (at the time) to be the most standalone product—the other options required us to change our workflow to fit their system, as opposed to their system conforming to our way of doing business. Dotloop was much more flexible in this regard.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Top Producer is an old piece of software, and the age showed around the time we switched to Dotloop in 2017. We attempted to use Top Producer's transaction management solution, but it just wasn't up to par with what Dotloop was offering (either in feature set or usability).

Aryn

Reviewed October 2023

My go to resource

I find the platform reliable and something i always am coming back to, to ensure my systems stay organized and up to date. And while I find there are some technical glitches I often am able to work through them.

PROS

I like that i am able to connect with my clients and share information quickly and efficiently. There are a multitude of well thought out features that have ensured efficiency and ease of use.

CONS

When working on documents, oftentimes it jumps back to the first page for no reason, after clicking on a text box or signature. I also occasionally have trouble sharing multiple documents with people because some documents have been shared with a limited group. I dont think that should hinder my ability to share a selected group of documents at once.

Reviewed June 2023

Generally Effective and Simple to Learn, But Pricey and Not Without Idiosyncrasies

At the end of the day, in real estate we just need something to keep us organized and keep up with the fast pace of modern transactions. Generally speaking, Dotloop allows this to happen via a simple user interface that most clients can figure out. There are probably more features to the software that I don't use (and perhaps, am not even aware of) but for my needs it's just fine. As I described previously, there are some things about it that make me want to tear my hair out, but having identified these annoyances, I'm usually able to avoid them and advise my clients on how to do the same. Would I switch to a different program if something better came along? Probably, in large part because Dotloop is more expensive than many of its competitors, and in the more than half-decade I've been using it, I've never seen the software updated to address some of the same problem areas that have been plaguing it all along. But as I said, it's 95% functional for my needs and I already know how to use it, which counts for a lot.

PROS

There are a lot of e-signature software programs out there right now. Many of these -- including Dotloop -- are pitched as specific to real estate transaction management, although there's no conceivable reason they couldn't be used in other contract-dependent industries as well. Having tried several of these programs, I've now been a consistent Dotloop user for at least five or six years, possibly longer. Part of that is simply because I've come to know the software and it's what I am comfortable using, which ultimately saves me time. But it really is straightforward, with an attractive user interface and great organizational capacity. I love being able to create folders within folders, to re-use Loops when clients return for multiple transactions, and to archive documents that are not being used. Basic functions like document splitting, renaming, saving, sharing and downloading are very easy and work as intended.

CONS

As much as I like the software, it has a variety of quirks that cause me varying levels of irritation. I've learned a few tricks to keep the quirkiness to a minimum, but the program can still be truly obnoxious at times. One of my biggest pet peeves is when another agent wants to share documents with me from his/her Dotloop account; for instance, a buyer's agent sends me an offer for a property I have listed. If this buyer's agent shares it from her Loop (rather than just attaching a PDF to an email) Dotloop frequently creates a brand new Loop on my dashboard -- or worse, asks me to "sign up" for Dotloop because the agent has shared it to some variation of my email address that isn't technically my Dotloop address. So in a best case scenario my Loops become disorganized, and in a worst case scenario I can't even look at the offer unless I make a new account or ask the other agent to re-send. Many agents I know have this very same complaint, to the point where we have started adding comments in our MLS listings that say "Do NOT submit offers via Dotloop; email a PDF instead." Dotloop has some other quirks, including not saving signatures if two parties (say, husband and wife) are signing at the same time from their respective computers or mobile devices. I have to tell my clients "Make sure one of you signs completely and THEN the other one of you can do the same."

Reasons for switching to dotloop

The switch was not my choice initially. At the time, I was with a company that had been using Docusign for all of its transactions, and when they switched to Dotloop, the agents had very little choice. But I used it for long enough to become comfortable with the software, and when I moved to another company and had the opportunity to select a digital signature and transaction management platform for myself, I chose to stick with what I already knew.

Vicki

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Dotloop pricing strategy is missing huge market potential.

Overall, dotloop has a much easier learning curve and fits my needs much greater than other options, particularly with in host signing for older clients. It is easy for clients to figure out esignatures and walks them through it thoroughly.

PROS

This software is the most user friendly that I have found for real estate transactions. It offers in host signing which I use all the time. It is so easy to review history and see where I am in the middle of negotiations.

CONS

The pricing strategy is either free or $300. There are so many agent that do not need unlimited transactions. A lower priced option for a limited number of transactions is needed. I help many newer agents that love this software but can't justify $300 when they may only do 20 transactions per year.

Reason for choosing dotloop

I like dotloop better as it is easy interaction and very user friendly, for both client and myself.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

I was told that Dotloop had a program for a limited number of loops at less than $300. That is incorrect or I may not have switched.

DAwn

Reviewed November 2023

Use dotloop for all your e-Signings

Being a post closer in a title company, this app has saved me time, and re-signing fees. It is so simple and easy to use, very very user friendly, and I don't have to explain how to use it on the other end. My clients love dotloop compared to other apps out there. I highly recommend this product and could not work one single day without it!

PROS

It's so simple to set up, manage and send. You just add the person that needs to sign, or receive a copy, drag and drop the document, click on what needs to be completed, and you're done.

CONS

I did not find anything I didn't like about dotloop.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Ease of use. Less complicated and more user friendly

Ryan

Reviewed July 2023

Ryan’s review

Dotloop provides a huge convenience for clients to be able to sign from their phone or computer anywhere they are. Gone are the days of having to drive across town just to get a signature or initial that may have been missed…not that I ever miss any…lol :0)

PROS

Dotloop is very widely used in my market so it makes it easy to transact on both sides of the deal with the other agent. I enjoy the features like document splitting and being able to customize the documents

CONS

Nothing I can think of that I don’t like.

Reason for choosing dotloop

I’ve been using it so long and always very pleased with the functionality

Anuj

Reviewed November 2023

Dootloop FTW!

Overall experience has been phenomenal. My company offers other signing software for free but I'd rather pay for Dotloop. That says a lot!

PROS

I like how you can manage multiple projects within Dotloop. I also like how you can handle multiple documents organized within a project. It's been essential for my real estate business

CONS

Logging in! I always forget my password. Lol, honestly, there isn't much to dislike about Dotloop.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Pricing & Project Management are better with Dotloop.

Marnie J

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Dotloop makes my job easier!

Excellent would highly recommend.

PROS

Ease and security. Easy communication and collaboration.

CONS

Mobile app can be a bit difficult but works in a pinch.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

My company made the decision, but it was very welcomed!

Reviewed March 2024

DotLoop for Real Estate Brokers

PROS

Ease of use, documents and signing all in 1 place

CONS

Lena

Reviewed June 2020

Overall the experience is great. Easy to use and navigate.

PROS

I like the ability to see all the documents together when I am in a loop. Very easy to add and edit documents. Shortcuts are my time savers. The links to "how to" video are super helpful and can be shared with other users

CONS

If the fields overlap by accident, the documents can't be saved. It doesn't provide exact place/ page that has overlapped fields, rather just mentions letter and a number with an error message that that document can't be saved.

Reason for choosing dotloop

it was already set up when I joined the company

Audrey

Reviewed October 2020

Thank Goodness For DotLoop!

Make my life so much easier, organized and I love how I can go back to even closed transactions and pull up an archived file if needed. I love how it tracks my production and transaction history.

PROS

I love how DotLoop captures all my transactions in one easy to use place. The dashboard on Dotloop is the best thing for real estate since email!

CONS

The only function I'd I have any issues with is when adding new people to a new transaction. I use the same title company over and over but for what ever reason when I start typing her name it does not pull the rest of her info from my contact list?

Reasons for switching to dotloop

More actual transaction management with DotLoop, not just an e-signing program, so very much more!

CLAUDIA

Reviewed July 2020

DETAILS

The organization of the properties.

PROS

i LIKE THIS SOFTWARE BECAUSE EVERY LOOP HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE LISTING AND WE CAN KEEP IT BERY ORGANIZED FROM ME AND THE BROEKERS, WE ALSO CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE COBROKE THAT CALLS AND THE CLIENTS THAT SAW THE PROPERTIES. I LOVE THAT WE CAN PUT THE DOCUMENTS OF THE PROPERTIES AND DIRECTLY FROM OUR PHONES AT THE APP.

CONS

THE DETAILS OF THE HOUSE (THE THREE POINTS) ARE NOT VERY ACCESIBLE AND in the phone app you have to click 3 times to access the details. it will be better to have ONLY the information filled at one of the 4 options such as task, the bell, people and documents. I was expecting that every change, new listing, every new information at the loop, the agents will get notified, but I have to go to whatsapp company chat to informed the changes, and then make the changes to dotloop.

Reason for choosing dotloop

we check other real estate options, but they were too expensive and the organizations was not as I need.

Jo Ann

Reviewed January 2020

Great Product!

My over all experience has been wonderful! I love that I am able to see what all the agents in my office are doing from my phone or desktop. Being a Realtor, we are always on the go, so having the accessibility from the app is HUGE for me. I am able to help any agents who have questions, or need me to review a file right away instead of having to make them wait until I get back to the office.

PROS

I love that I am able to communicate with all of my agents and see what transactions are going on even if I am out showing property! My favorite feature is the app. It has saved so much time while I am on the go!

CONS

The only bad experience, or what I would suggest looking into, is how a couple has to use two different emails. I have ran into situations where the couple only has one email and it make's it a bit of a challenge. Other than that, I have been enjoying Dotloop.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Because the over all user friendly experience I had while testing the product and the over all user reviews was why I chose to use this product vs. the competitors.

Jessica

Reviewed December 2020

Keeping me and my clients in the loop!

Of all the real estate technology, software, tools, apps available and there are thousands I’m sure, Dotloop is by far my most important tool as a real estate agent. When I first started my real estate career I literally had no idea what documents I needed to complete. My brokerage offered dotloop to all its agents. So I added my first loop, selected the option for residential seller, and voila—all the forms that I needed to have complete were right there in front of me. Had I not had dotloop, I would not have been able to complete that first deal on my own. I had never been shown what paperwork was needed. And it was so easy to use. Everything I needed was right there and so easy to use. I have since changed brokerages and dotloop made the swap super easy. I’m a bit of a tech geek and want to know all the features a software provides. So I always check for user manuals. And I loved that they offer a PDF manual. I later learned about the Certified Looper Course. I enrolled and completed the course and received my certification. The tips and tricks I learned in this course had saved me countless hours managing my transactions. I can’t say enough good things about this software. It’s my most important tool.

PROS

Most liked features include: Ease of use for user and their clients; secure; ability to add new interactive forms; export client contact information; integration with Zillow, Gmail, etc.; Co-Op docs; AUTOFILL;

CONS

A feature that I would like to see added is within each loop you have a calendar tab that you can select. Once selected you see 3 full calendar months- the entire current months calendar, previous month and following month. You can toggle back to previous months or ahead to future months. The calendar shows all the key dates related to that loop both past and present. It pulls all the key dates from all the forms within the loop to give you a birds eye view of deadlines, expirations, etc. For example, a buyer loop would show the date offer was made, offer expiration date and time, offer accepted date, inspection period from start day to final day, anticipated closing date, financing contingency dates, extension periods, final walkthru date, Date of appraisal, Warranty start and end dates, etc. The system would provide you and your client with email and or text alerts for upcoming or expired dates. One click and you see a 3 month view of all the key dates for that loop.

Broker offered Dotloop.

mark

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Dotloop the best document/signature tool avaiable

Best signature/document file system available. The technical department is always quick to respond and correct any issues that arise. We have only had one instance of downtime and it was resolved within an hour and there was a workaround provided so we did not have to wait totake care of our business.

PROS

Loops and sharing make this tool a must have for every real estate professional. The ability to collaborate with multiple clients and peers is amazing.

CONS

template editing should be easier to set up on the client side, but the team at dotloop does a great job setting up your documents.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Ease of use and implementation

Martine

Reviewed October 2020

Use it everday

I have found dotloop pretty easy to use. I appreciate having templates at my fingertips and that I can create folders within each file to keep documents sets separated and me, better organized.

PROS

Dotloop has made this realtors life a little easier in being able to access all the templates I need for my mls system. Every form I could need is readily available and for the most part, my clients have found it easy to navigate.

CONS

Titles on templates - I would like it if the title popped out as I scrolled over them. Sometimes the only way I can find a specific addendum that I don't regularly use is by adding it to my file so I can see the full name of the document (and then archiving the unused documents afterwards). Also, on some documents the signing portion is automatically filled in and I don't want it to be (the Radon response is automatically set up so the client can sign every line, this has caused problems if I miss removing one - I don't know if this is something that's been set up by my mls or dotloop has done automatically though).

Hi Martine, thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on dotloop, especially the area where you'd like to see improvement around titles on templates and the signing portion. I'll relay your feedback to our product team. Thanks again! Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Replied October 2020