What are dotloop users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using dotloop software through verified user reviews

• icon"You can appreciate the ease and simplicity of the software."
  • icon"I like the cost - so much cheaper than the software we were using."
  • icon"You can adjust the specific order of your documents so that the most important ones are at the very top. Clients find it easy to use, they can electronically sign documents right from their phone."
  • icon"My only complaint is they are no longer working with Keller Williams after this month. I'm going to miss having access to it and have even considered paying for it personally."
  • icon"Everyone in my company is leaving DotLoop because of the conflict of interest and the way Zillow has stabbed us in the back as agents."
  • icon"The only bad experience, or what I would suggest looking into, is how a couple has to use two different emails."

Browse all dotloop Reviews

• Have you used dotloop and would like to share your experience with others?

Tigran

Nice software for real estate deals

Heather

An essential for a real estate agents!

Excellent!!

Pros

The mobile app on this system allows me to create and share documents quickly and from anywhere. Documents auto fill with transaction information When opened and already has signature places assigned for buyers and sellers to sign. I can share to email or text a document to their phone for immediate signatures. The task lists and reminders are essential to my every day business. And activity log helps me track activities of lenders and other transaction parties so I can see if they view documents or when someone has signed. Push notifications from the mobile app let me know immediately when someone has signed a document so I can share it to the appropriate party. Messaging with in the app allows me to be able to keep all transaction emails messages and notes in one place. I can add pictures of deposit checks or scan multiple documents from my phone directly into the file.

Cons

I have to add an email for each roll including the opposite party which I don’t have access to

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Dotloop has so many possibilities & features that other systems do not offer and functions easily specifically on a mobile device!

Dotloop is a Must Have for Realtors Everywhere

Dotloop is an excellent program for real estate transaction management. It enables a Realtor to create a Loop (like a folder) and manage the real estate deal or prospect from beginning to end. It is intuitive, user-friendly and simple to learn. Dotloop has everything a Realtor needs to create documents, get them signed, and ready for compliance review, all in one easy program.

Pros

Dotloop is easy to use and has features that Realtors cannot live without. From drafting forms with ease to collecting electronic signatures to compliance, Dotloop has it all. Dotloop integrates easily with many other Realtor software programs and tools. And, Dotloop is a much better value when compared with competitors.

Cons

Areas for improvement - the ability to search for a loop by Contact name, the ability to do reporting, the ability for two or more signers to use the same email address for e-signatures. Often times couples or family members share an email account. Asking a buyer or seller to create another email account for the purposes of signing often results in a long explanation and frustration on the part of the customer.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

Dotloop is more cost effective and has very similar and even identical features to the alternative products. Also, Dotloop integrates with many programs Realtors use every day.

Gina

It's Okay....

I has to use this software while I was on a team. I was happy when I left the team and didn't have to use this any longer. I'm sure it's a good program, just not to my liking. I had to figure out how to use other programs of this type, and this one I just couldn't get it right.

Pros

dotloop does allow for file sharing, but I found it to be just a little confusing. I just never really got the hang of it. I like other programs much better.

Cons

To me, dotloop was way too confusing. I don't like this software since I found it not to be very user friendly. I know that other people I have worked with like this software, but I could never quite fully figure it out. Not in my top 10.....

Reasons for switching to dotloop

My company requires we use this software.

Response from dotloop

Hi Gina, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding dotloop. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience in using our software. I know there's a learning curve whenever people switch to a new product. With that in mind, I'm curious, did you go through any of our on-boarding videos? Thanks, Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Replied September 2020

Bryan

February 2022

Dotloop is better for the agent than for the person signing.

Some quirks. Such as if you fill out a contact within the loop, then dotloop will only remember the name and email outside of that loop. If you want that contact to be in your system with all their info, then you need to exit the loop, go to contacts, fill out the date, and press ok once and then when the screen refreshes then press save. If you don't press this twice, you won't save the data. But at least when you do this, then all the data for the contact will save. Why this is so and so convoluted, I have no idea. But it's been like this for almost a decade and I've asked about it.

Pros

Much easier to use than zipforms and docusign for the agent.

Cons

Signing for the buyer or seller not near as easy as docusign. There you just press start and it takes you to the next place to sign. Then you click finish. All done. With dotloop the signer must scroll and search for the proper places to sign or fill out. So this is more prone to unfilled documents than with docusign. Also, dotloop doesn't offer the simple date function that fills out the date when it's signed like docusign. You must manually choose a date and if the date is tomorrow when they sign and you filled out today then you have lost time for their termination option because it started when i filled out the date rather than when the customer signed. And because it is hard to get signers to fill out fields, it's almost impossible to get the signer to fill out the date, so it's easier just to guess and fill out the date you think they'll sign.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

Ease of use, intuitive (for the most part), very customizable and easy to create templates for frequently used forms. This is something you cannot do in docusign. Docusign says you can, but what they call a template is extremely limited in functionality. I can fill out all the commonly used fields ahead of time and save that as a template so that I only need to fill out the specific info for that property. You cannot do this in docusign.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Dotloop offers more flexibility for the agent/broker to customize.

Chiketa

March 2022

Best signing app I’ve tried.

Pros

It’s easy to make changes and my documents as an agent are already on template.

Cons

I didn’t like when I left my agency I couldn’t get access to my documents on my new account. But I just had to ask the previous company for access and they granted me limited access so I can download docs.

It was easier

Adele

Keeping me on Task

Saving time scanning documents.

Pros

sharing documents with the necessary people

Cons

I would like to be able to make a spreadsheet of the houses I have under contract for an investor without leaving the platform. i.e. Address, Price, Earnest Money, etc. I know it is the little boxes but this client would like a spreadsheet to remind him of what he is working on and the close date all on one sheet.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

The company switched and it is free to me.

Powerful Tool for Transaction/Real Estate Business Management

Overall, it's been a pretty good experience, and they seem to be improving it here and there -- and the customer service is helpful.

Pros

Dotloop is one of the most intuitive programs out there for real estate transaction and document management and digital signing. It's easy for both me and my clients to create and sign documents on the go, which is an absolute MUST in this hot market!

Cons

It would be great if Dotloop could incorporate the business side of the real estate industry into the program, as well, such as adding a function to track agents' income, commissions, etc., and the ability feed information into other external programs.

Maria

May 2022

Dotloop is very convenient

I find dotloop very easy to use and beneficial to my business .

Pros

Easy to use and add, request signatures, and collaborate.

Cons

Sometimes when a mistake is made can't correct in software.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Easier to collect simultaneous signatures

Ani

March 2022

Affordable and easy to use

I have access to all possible contracts, addendums and any other forms I could possibly need with a click of my mouse. I can do it on a computer or my phone. It can't be any easier than this. It's all available all the time. I haven't had any down time and a CSR is available to answer any questions whenever I need it. My experience has been positive.

Pros

Real Estate has so many different contracts based on county and city. They change randomly and DotLoop makes sure they are all up to date and I don't have to worry that I'm using anything outdated or incorrect. It makes my job easier and neater and within the law. This is key to working in real estate.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like yet.

Lois

Dotloop

Pros

As a person who isnt very tech savvy, it was quite simple to navigate through and pick up how to use this software.

Cons

I’m not using it enough to post negative comments

Yehuda

A happy Dotloop Customer

Pros

It works fantastically well for realtors.

Cons

I would love to see the interface a little more updated.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

DocuSign has to many steps you have to do to send a document.

Maryann

The top choice for electronic record management, transaction management and storage.

I love dot loop for the ease of use for both the customer and the business owner. It is easy to navigate and is available whenever I need to access it. I especially like that I can access it using my phone.

Pros

The software is easy to use with end users able to use the system within a very short period. The learning/educational resource is extensive and the support is available whenever I need them. The Dot Loop support team are very knowledgeable, and guide me through all my questions and needs. This system can be accessed from anywhere including through a phone app 24/7. Additionally records are secure and meet compliance regulations for record management. Ability to customize forms, make templates of frequently used documents, pull reports and more make this a smart choice for businesses.

Cons

Cost is a little high as compared to other electronic systems. Also adding additional users is possible but I wish the pricing were a bit lower if we are already and established user.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

We had more positive feedback from our team when they completed a demo of all the systems available. Dot Loop was the top choice among our users.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Form Simplicity does not have the built in intuition and is not as easy to prepare contracts and documents. Also sharing among the team is not as easy as I would like.

Jessica

Keeping me and my clients in the loop!

Of all the real estate technology, software, tools, apps available and there are thousands I’m sure, Dotloop is by far my most important tool as a real estate agent. When I first started my real estate career I literally had no idea what documents I needed to complete. My brokerage offered dotloop to all its agents. So I added my first loop, selected the option for residential seller, and voila—all the forms that I needed to have complete were right there in front of me. Had I not had dotloop, I would not have been able to complete that first deal on my own. I had never been shown what paperwork was needed. And it was so easy to use. Everything I needed was right there and so easy to use. I have since changed brokerages and dotloop made the swap super easy. I’m a bit of a tech geek and want to know all the features a software provides. So I always check for user manuals. And I loved that they offer a PDF manual. I later learned about the Certified Looper Course. I enrolled and completed the course and received my certification. The tips and tricks I learned in this course had saved me countless hours managing my transactions. I can’t say enough good things about this software. It’s my most important tool.

Pros

Most liked features include: Ease of use for user and their clients; secure; ability to add new interactive forms; export client contact information; integration with Zillow, Gmail, etc.; Co-Op docs; AUTOFILL;

Cons

A feature that I would like to see added is within each loop you have a calendar tab that you can select. Once selected you see 3 full calendar months- the entire current months calendar, previous month and following month. You can toggle back to previous months or ahead to future months. The calendar shows all the key dates related to that loop both past and present. It pulls all the key dates from all the forms within the loop to give you a birds eye view of deadlines, expirations, etc. For example, a buyer loop would show the date offer was made, offer expiration date and time, offer accepted date, inspection period from start day to final day, anticipated closing date, financing contingency dates, extension periods, final walkthru date, Date of appraisal, Warranty start and end dates, etc. The system would provide you and your client with email and or text alerts for upcoming or expired dates. One click and you see a 3 month view of all the key dates for that loop.

Broker offered Dotloop.

Josh

Making Transaction Management Manageable

As mentioned above, Dotloop allowed our small team to transition away from paper-based processing to a fully digital solution. Our team was able to closer over 100 transactions per year with a single adminsitrative transaction coordinator thanks to its templates and task tracking systems.

Pros

Dotloop has a clean, intuitive interface (especially after their most recent design update). It helped our small team clear over a big hurdle of allowing our ops team to efficiently manage transactions while simultaneously allowing our agents to check on progress with as little friction as possible. Dotloop made it possible for our team to finally forego paper files and transact fully in the cloud.

Cons

Despite multiple attempts, our team never really trusted the more complex features of Dotloop (individual user permissioning in particular). Whether user or system error, we had several instances where non-team users were seeing notes, documents, or contact information they should not have seen. As a result, we used Dotloop for internal processing only, which means we had to look elsewhere for client-end solutions.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

Dotloop came highly recommended by other brokers in our firm. In addition, Dotloop seemed (at the time) to be the most standalone product—the other options required us to change our workflow to fit their system, as opposed to their system conforming to our way of doing business. Dotloop was much more flexible in this regard.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Top Producer is an old piece of software, and the age showed around the time we switched to Dotloop in 2017. We attempted to use Top Producer's transaction management solution, but it just wasn't up to par with what Dotloop was offering (either in feature set or usability).

Renee

Great for teams & assistants

Dotloop helps us stay accountable, dependable, and flexible with streamlined systems.

Pros

We are a team of three agents and one assistant. We work remotely most of the time and our assistant works from home. Dotloop helps us to all stay in the 'loop' with new listings and sales. We are able to work from anywhere with an internet connection. The phone app allows us to work without a computer! We have the ability to set up custom templates with all of the documents we want each agent to use during all listings and sales. It also integrates with our CRM for easy importing of contacts.

Cons

The app could use some additional features but the lacking features are definitely not enough of a hindrance to keep us from using it on a daily basis.

Response from dotloop

Hi Renee -- thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! It's great to hear how the mobile app is helping your team manage your transactions. And we're thrilled to hear that you're connecting dotloop to your CRM to streamline the transaction management flow. Helping you integrate with other real estate software is a priority here, and your review reaffirms the work we put into our API efforts and partnerships. Thanks again Renee!

Replied October 2019

Josephine

Useful and Easy to use

I a trying to find a way to make it a little ore cost efficient since we have so many users already. Its not but I do wish it was a little better for the broker trying to supply the system for its agents.

Pros

We have been using dotloop for a while after going through many different CRM's and dotlloop is the best one so far. It can be used for digital signature, paperwork filing & compliance records, messaging inter office and with clients, and for tasks. It is a product we use on a daily basis and has been an integral part of our operations.

Cons

Just like every real estate software it doesnt do everything and that is ok but of course the functions of noot being able to upload picture files is sometimes difficult.

more user friendly

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Dotloop had more features.

kat

Fantastic program

I love it. I can't understand why someone would use anything else. It works perfectly with our needs and it makes the whole " work smarter not harder" saying, true.

Pros

It is made to make Real Estate Agents life easier. Easy to use and manage. Visually friendly. I got my brokerage to change because it is seamless and intuitive for our job.

Cons

If you have an account you can not merge with other accounts. Once you leave a team, if you paid for your membership you should be able to take it with you.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

You have a storage system that makes sense. Easier to use.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

It is much easier to use.

Kerra

A Business Lifesaver, Daily!

We can't say enough good things about our experience with dotloop. To put this in perspective, the brokerage we are with provides a free document management program, but we pay additional to continue using dotloop - we love it that much! It is easy to use, keeps our data safe, and streamlines our daily process.

Pros

Dotloop is extremely simple to get started with, and simplifies our real estate business daily. Our entire team is able to collaborate, no matter where we're calling our "office" that day, and we can securely store, manage, share, and sign documents. Our clients have also commented on how easy the software is to use, and they love being able to sign their documents digitally rather than meeting us at the office every time there are documents to be signed.

Cons

The only hiccup we've run into with this software is when our office introduces new documents they want us to begin using. Sometimes it's an extra step to add the new docs to our form library and prepare them for filling/signing, but the good news is this only has to be done once, and then they remain available for future use.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

Dotloop had better features and was easier for our team members to use when we compared the two.

Julia

February 2022

DotLoop is My Go To!

Overall, it is my preferred platform!

Pros

DotLoop has it all! You can do everything you need to in one system and it is so convenient! Signature platform, transaction management - it is great!

Cons

Sometimes the signature fields and templates can be a little clunky, but with practice you get the hang of it and it is not a large inconvenience.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

It is the most user friendly platform that works!

Reasons for switching to dotloop

My office wanted a compliance/review feature for more transaction management rather than just a signature platform.

Vicki

Dotloop pricing strategy is missing huge market potential.

Overall, dotloop has a much easier learning curve and fits my needs much greater than other options, particularly with in host signing for older clients. It is easy for clients to figure out esignatures and walks them through it thoroughly.

Pros

This software is the most user friendly that I have found for real estate transactions. It offers in host signing which I use all the time. It is so easy to review history and see where I am in the middle of negotiations.

Cons

The pricing strategy is either free or $300. There are so many agent that do not need unlimited transactions. A lower priced option for a limited number of transactions is needed. I help many newer agents that love this software but can't justify $300 when they may only do 20 transactions per year.

Reasons for choosing dotloop

I like dotloop better as it is easy interaction and very user friendly, for both client and myself.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

I was told that Dotloop had a program for a limited number of loops at less than $300. That is incorrect or I may not have switched.

Anne

OUTSTANDING TEAM FINCTIONS!

Makes daily tasks easy and stores all in one place for all people within our organization including our Stagers and Professional Photographer. We have Templates and task lists for all to be keep up to date on what needs to occur next!

Pros

We have customized this product to work for us in every area of our daily tasks as a Team. Dotloop helped load customized Templates that optimize the availability of all forms that may be required in any instance while at a desk or on the run. Our Team os growing and the ease of use for all from Admin to Accounting to the Salespeople and Owner is bar none the finest system available. We have tried other programs and all pale in comparison to this one. This is much more than an e-signature system. It is auto e-storage and has accountability for all signatures and contracts that pass through its system.

Cons

There really is nothing that we do not care for!

Reasons for choosing dotloop

It is a simple and provides all the customization options to handle every part of our every day from Accounting to the professional stager and photographer, listing and marketing, sales people, to the Owner. All Team members find it easy to use and rely on it daily!

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Webforms was OK but not an all in one product. Transaction Desk was a requirement of our contract with a new Brokerage but we broke that portion of the contract to stand firm and return to Dotloop!

Sharon

Real Estate

Overall experience has been exceptional. The cost/benefit is spot on. Affordable and easy to use. It is truly the only product that I have been able to use with confidence on my phone. Living on the Lake of the Ozarks, we are out on the water all the time. I could not imagine trying to do my job without this product.

Pros

I am not very tech savy, and frankly just scared of technology. Dotloop is super easy to use on my laptop and also my phone. I like the fact that all parties get the information at the same time and can sign whenever, it does not have to go in order like some. I also really like the ability to see where things are at with the activity button. Customer service has been amazing. I have never had that over long wait. The reps have always been English speaking and well educated, easy to talk to and understand, and they understand me.

Cons

I wish I could get the same benefit from the software as a single user, that teams get. I would like to have folders for buyers and sellers that house the same 4 documents that are needed on each. I would also like ability to put old loops into folders.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

When I was with a Brokerage of about 200 Realtors, the company switched to Dotloop. I have moved and now work in a much smaller organization and automatically signed up so I could continue using Dotloop. I know it, I like, I trust it.

Cindy

Review of DotLoop

Basically, besides the email signature roadblock, my experience is good. I understand there is a learning curve and I'm working on it. Please continue to have your representatives available to support clients on the phone. A "live" person comes in so handy in stressful situations. I definitely value this option.

Pros

The product offers many valuable features. The sharing of tutorials is great and the DotLoop service team is excellent. It is VERY important to be able to speak to a knowledgeable representative on the "phone."

Cons

Signing documents for our older generation who is not computer savvy is definitely a roadblock. I've run into this situation several times. DocuSign has a way around this hurdle. Can DotLoop improve on this feature? Also, having a menu option for Hot Keys such as copying check boxes would be great. I did print off the Tip Sheet, but it would be helpful to have an on-screen option rather than searching on a website.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Baird & Warner changed the product.

Martine

Use it everday

I have found dotloop pretty easy to use. I appreciate having templates at my fingertips and that I can create folders within each file to keep documents sets separated and me, better organized.

Pros

Dotloop has made this realtors life a little easier in being able to access all the templates I need for my mls system. Every form I could need is readily available and for the most part, my clients have found it easy to navigate.

Cons

Titles on templates - I would like it if the title popped out as I scrolled over them. Sometimes the only way I can find a specific addendum that I don't regularly use is by adding it to my file so I can see the full name of the document (and then archiving the unused documents afterwards). Also, on some documents the signing portion is automatically filled in and I don't want it to be (the Radon response is automatically set up so the client can sign every line, this has caused problems if I miss removing one - I don't know if this is something that's been set up by my mls or dotloop has done automatically though).

Response from dotloop

Hi Martine, thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on dotloop, especially the area where you'd like to see improvement around titles on templates and the signing portion. I'll relay your feedback to our product team. Thanks again! Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Replied October 2020