• Pros

• "I like everything about this software! Easy to access and use, super convenient!"

• "The app is really great, and I like it more than zipforms and docusign on the go. "

• "Easy of use and ability to use it from anywhere in the world."

• Cons

• "It can be a little difficult to get the hang of at first, but the customer support team is great to help learn the ropes."

• "The cost is a bit cumbersome for our small brokerage, however, it does pay for itself as long as we have business. "

• "It takes a little too long to get customized forms returned for use, but overall, I think they do an amazing job."

Browse dotloop Reviews

Heather from Buildingpahomes.com at Iron Valley real estate of Central PA

An essential for a real estate agents!

Excellent!!

Pros

The mobile app on this system allows me to create and share documents quickly and from anywhere. Documents auto fill with transaction information When opened and already has signature places assigned for buyers and sellers to sign. I can share to email or text a document to their phone for immediate signatures. The task lists and reminders are essential to my every day business. And activity log helps me track activities of lenders and other transaction parties so I can see if they view documents or when someone has signed. Push notifications from the mobile app let me know immediately when someone has signed a document so I can share it to the appropriate party. Messaging with in the app allows me to be able to keep all transaction emails messages and notes in one place. I can add pictures of deposit checks or scan multiple documents from my phone directly into the file.

Cons

I have to add an email for each roll including the opposite party which I don’t have access to

Josh from The Results Team

Making Transaction Management Manageable

As mentioned above, Dotloop allowed our small team to transition away from paper-based processing to a fully digital solution. Our team was able to closer over 100 transactions per year with a single adminsitrative transaction coordinator thanks to its templates and task tracking systems.

Pros

Dotloop has a clean, intuitive interface (especially after their most recent design update). It helped our small team clear over a big hurdle of allowing our ops team to efficiently manage transactions while simultaneously allowing our agents to check on progress with as little friction as possible. Dotloop made it possible for our team to finally forego paper files and transact fully in the cloud.

Cons

Despite multiple attempts, our team never really trusted the more complex features of Dotloop (individual user permissioning in particular). Whether user or system error, we had several instances where non-team users were seeing notes, documents, or contact information they should not have seen. As a result, we used Dotloop for internal processing only, which means we had to look elsewhere for client-end solutions.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

Dotloop came highly recommended by other brokers in our firm. In addition, Dotloop seemed (at the time) to be the most standalone product—the other options required us to change our workflow to fit their system, as opposed to their system conforming to our way of doing business. Dotloop was much more flexible in this regard.

Lena from Redux Realty LLC

Overall the experience is great. Easy to use and navigate.

Pros

I like the ability to see all the documents together when I am in a loop. Very easy to add and edit documents. Shortcuts are my time savers. The links to "how to" video are super helpful and can be shared with other users

Cons

If the fields overlap by accident, the documents can't be saved. It doesn't provide exact place/ page that has overlapped fields, rather just mentions letter and a number with an error message that that document can't be saved.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

it was already set up when I joined the company

Kathryn from Keller Williams Realty

Very clunky software

This is a computerized solution to a paperwork issue....unfortunately the designers do not understand the Real Estate business which varies throughout the country. California is probably the most document-heavy transaction process in the US. You'd think they'd design a system that would work in CA because then it will work for all of the other states.

Pros

I don't have to copy pages of documents for a physical file.

Cons

Can only enter one item per category. But in Real Estate we may have 5 or 6 amendments, 3 contingency removals, etc. In this system, you enter Contingency #1. Then when you have Contingency #2, you must join 1 and 2 together in your computer and then load this new scan which eliminates the earlier submission. How stupid? Why not allow more than one item to be submitted in any category?

Response from dotloop

Replied March 2020

Hi Kathryn, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience using dotloop. You can upload as many of any document as needed. When uploading documents, you are not required to add them to an existing placeholder setup by your broker. You can upload the documents directly into the Loop and keep them separate from the other copies. For example, you may upload Contingency #1 and add it to the placeholder. When you need to add Contingency #2, add it to the Loop and do not replace Contingency #1. This way, you can have both contingencies visible in the Loop. Kathryn -- hopefully the above info is helpful. Please call into support if you encounter more issues.

Carol from RE/Max Results

Dot Loop

Dotloop has been very easy to learn and to use. It keeps my paperwork organized digitally and easy to access.

Pros

This program was very easy to learn. I was previously using DocuSign so it was not difficult to learn the new system. I find it easier and more user friendly than Docusign.

Cons

Actually, I don't have any complaints with this system. I had problems setting it up as I had an existing Dotloop under my previous companies but tech support fixed this promptly.

Vicki from EXP Realty

Dotloop pricing strategy is missing huge market potential.

Overall, dotloop has a much easier learning curve and fits my needs much greater than other options, particularly with in host signing for older clients. It is easy for clients to figure out esignatures and walks them through it thoroughly.

Pros

This software is the most user friendly that I have found for real estate transactions. It offers in host signing which I use all the time. It is so easy to review history and see where I am in the middle of negotiations.

Cons

The pricing strategy is either free or $300. There are so many agent that do not need unlimited transactions. A lower priced option for a limited number of transactions is needed. I help many newer agents that love this software but can't justify $300 when they may only do 20 transactions per year.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

I like dotloop better as it is easy interaction and very user friendly, for both client and myself.

DAVID from The Full House

Solid document management software

I've been using it for years for real estate sale transactions, lease-ups, signing property management clients, and personal document management (like executing forms for applications).

Pros

Dotloop makes it easy to track documentation on real estate transactions. You can create and edit templates for fast document prep and even apply old templates to new document versions. It also lets you upload additional forms for a transaction like existing leases, receipts, etc. Search functions are good and the document editing options are decent.

Cons

Sometimes when another party in a transaction invites you to interact with docs in Dotloop (and they are also a user), it can create redundancies which are a pain--multiple loops with the same or similar names, and each loop has different versions of the same documents.

Jo Ann from Gould & Associates Realty

Great Product!

My over all experience has been wonderful! I love that I am able to see what all the agents in my office are doing from my phone or desktop. Being a Realtor, we are always on the go, so having the accessibility from the app is HUGE for me. I am able to help any agents who have questions, or need me to review a file right away instead of having to make them wait until I get back to the office.

Pros

I love that I am able to communicate with all of my agents and see what transactions are going on even if I am out showing property! My favorite feature is the app. It has saved so much time while I am on the go!

Cons

The only bad experience, or what I would suggest looking into, is how a couple has to use two different emails. I have ran into situations where the couple only has one email and it make's it a bit of a challenge. Other than that, I have been enjoying Dotloop.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

Because the over all user friendly experience I had while testing the product and the over all user reviews was why I chose to use this product vs. the competitors.

Yehuda from Kwsp

A happy Dotloop Customer

Pros

It works fantastically well for realtors.

Cons

I would love to see the interface a little more updated.

Justin from Fruh Realty

Quick to get and easy to use

Pros

Adding signatures and parties to documents is so easy. I just started using dotloop but it took me all of 30 seconds to understand how to operate the site.

Cons

I havent found anything that I dont like about this software.

Renee from The Home Team at Cressy & Everett

Great for teams & assistants

Dotloop helps us stay accountable, dependable, and flexible with streamlined systems.

Pros

We are a team of three agents and one assistant. We work remotely most of the time and our assistant works from home. Dotloop helps us to all stay in the 'loop' with new listings and sales. We are able to work from anywhere with an internet connection. The phone app allows us to work without a computer! We have the ability to set up custom templates with all of the documents we want each agent to use during all listings and sales. It also integrates with our CRM for easy importing of contacts.

Cons

The app could use some additional features but the lacking features are definitely not enough of a hindrance to keep us from using it on a daily basis.

Response from dotloop

Replied October 2019

Hi Renee -- thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! It's great to hear how the mobile app is helping your team manage your transactions. And we're thrilled to hear that you're connecting dotloop to your CRM to streamline the transaction management flow. Helping you integrate with other real estate software is a priority here, and your review reaffirms the work we put into our API efforts and partnerships. Thanks again Renee!

Josephine from Remax Edge

Useful and Easy to use

I a trying to find a way to make it a little ore cost efficient since we have so many users already. Its not but I do wish it was a little better for the broker trying to supply the system for its agents.

Pros

We have been using dotloop for a while after going through many different CRM's and dotlloop is the best one so far. It can be used for digital signature, paperwork filing & compliance records, messaging inter office and with clients, and for tasks. It is a product we use on a daily basis and has been an integral part of our operations.

Cons

Just like every real estate software it doesnt do everything and that is ok but of course the functions of noot being able to upload picture files is sometimes difficult.

more user friendly

Anne from ROYAL LePAGE Northern Advantage STEWART TEAM, Brokerage

OUTSTANDING TEAM FINCTIONS!

Makes daily tasks easy and stores all in one place for all people within our organization including our Stagers and Professional Photographer. We have Templates and task lists for all to be keep up to date on what needs to occur next!

Pros

We have customized this product to work for us in every area of our daily tasks as a Team. Dotloop helped load customized Templates that optimize the availability of all forms that may be required in any instance while at a desk or on the run. Our Team os growing and the ease of use for all from Admin to Accounting to the Salespeople and Owner is bar none the finest system available. We have tried other programs and all pale in comparison to this one. This is much more than an e-signature system. It is auto e-storage and has accountability for all signatures and contracts that pass through its system.

Cons

There really is nothing that we do not care for!

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

It is a simple and provides all the customization options to handle every part of our every day from Accounting to the professional stager and photographer, listing and marketing, sales people, to the Owner. All Team members find it easy to use and rely on it daily!

Sharon from Pinnacle Real Estate Partners, Lake of the Ozarks

Real Estate

Overall experience has been exceptional. The cost/benefit is spot on. Affordable and easy to use. It is truly the only product that I have been able to use with confidence on my phone. Living on the Lake of the Ozarks, we are out on the water all the time. I could not imagine trying to do my job without this product.

Pros

I am not very tech savy, and frankly just scared of technology. Dotloop is super easy to use on my laptop and also my phone. I like the fact that all parties get the information at the same time and can sign whenever, it does not have to go in order like some. I also really like the ability to see where things are at with the activity button. Customer service has been amazing. I have never had that over long wait. The reps have always been English speaking and well educated, easy to talk to and understand, and they understand me.

Cons

I wish I could get the same benefit from the software as a single user, that teams get. I would like to have folders for buyers and sellers that house the same 4 documents that are needed on each. I would also like ability to put old loops into folders.

Shaylah from Keller Williams Complete Realty

Easy for Real Estate Clients to Use

Pros

My clients find this very easy to use from their mobile devices.

Cons

I started with the trial version. But I wasted some loops on practice and when I went back to erase them and use them for real loops, it made me purchase a full version even though I only had 1 or 2 official loop that had been sent to clients for signing. I wish I could copy and paste text boxes as they are often redundant. I also wish the text boxes weren't so finicky - if you need to edit the text after leaving the box, sometimes you need to actually erase some text before you can retype (maybe just on my computer - MacBook Pro). Also, maybe I am doing it wrong, but it is annoying when a document is mostly signed and then somebody notices a small typo or edit and once i touch it the signatures are all erased. It would be nice if instead of erasing everything, it would pings the signees to ask them to initial the edit and perhaps restricted downloading the document until all edits were acknowledged by all signing parties.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

I use dotloop as my preferred signing software because it was a part of my realtor package when I joined my brokerage. Now it is the program that I am most comfortable with so I continue to favour it.

Jean from RE/MAX Connection Realtors

Impressive Software with Everything You Need for E-signatures in one platform

We have become a Paperless office thanks to Dotloop. No more file cabinets taking up 1/2 of the office space. Every file is saved in Dotloop and emails and misc docs are emailed right to the loop.

Pros

Easy to use and setup and I can turn any PDF into an electronic document. Every signature and initials are date and time stamped. Easy for clients to understand and use on their computer, tablet or Smartphones. The ability to Email contracts and docs directly to a loop is awesome and saves our agents a lot of time.

Cons

As an administrator I would like to have the ability to move agents from one office location to another. We've also had issues where the sellers agent and the buyers agent both make their own loop for one transaction. Things then tend to get confusing for the agents and clients.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

For all of the amazing features offered in Dotloop.

Shelia from PoweRMark Properties

DOTLOOP REVIEW

Great to use and easy to use. I Love I can set up my own groups for forms such as listing folder and buyer folder and all the docs are right there that I need for a transaction. I love that I can attach PDF files to send to folks who are not in the system.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how the forms autopopulate. I like that when a client signs it automatically comes back to me in the system and I am notified.

Cons

It is great system and I would not change anything as it has worked out very well for myself and my clients.

Response from dotloop

Replied November 2019

Hi Shelia, thank you so much for taking the time to share why you like using dotloop to get your real estate deals done!

ilona from Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices

DOT LOOP is the best!

I have found customer service to be exceptional! I always get my answers.

Pros

This is the most user friendly signing system I have used. I am always so relieved when I find the agent on the other side of the transaction also has DOT LOOP.

Cons

I do not like that I lose all my contacts and contracts if I switch brokerages. You must rely on the previous broker to allow the transfer of "MY" information. There is a work-around. I paid $10.00 to another service which allowed me to transfer all that information BEFORE my previous broker shut me down.

Emily from KW

A Great Tool For Contract to Close

Overall, we were very happy with this system. The only reason we switched to docusign as a company was because Keller Williams did not want to be associated with Zillow, and Zillow bought out dotloop.

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate and use when preparing documents and sharing them to clients for e-signatures as well as cooperating brokers.

Cons

We experienced this very infrequently, but there were times when the system would glitch and lock the client out from signing a document. I think it was due to the document originator still being logged in or open on that document.

Monica from real estate sales force

Dotloope Rocks!

Pros

Its easy to use and understand. the versatility, I can use it from my laptop, tablet or phone and its user friendly and its great when you need to integrate everyone in the deal. Love and recommend it to all

Cons

nothing

Roy from RE/MAX of Valdosta

I Like Efficiency.

The main benefit is the efficiency and professionalism I wrote about above. I can get more transactions done with less effort, which gives me more time to develop more business.

Pros

My clients like the results we get with Dotloop, and when my clients are happy, I'm happy. Specifically, I want to make the most of each minute of my workday. Dotloop makes it possible for me to prepare real estate documents such as Listing Agreements and Purchase & Sale contracts and get them to my clients for their electronic signature in a matter of minutes. My clients never have a problem with the signing, and I have documents back just as quickly as I sent them out. I like the feature that allows me to add documents from my files and then add text and signatures to those documents. I think typed text looks much more professional than handwritten text, and if you saw my handwriting, you'd agree.

Cons

If I could come up with a legitimate suggestion to improve Dotloop, I wouldn't hesitate to share it, but I can't think of anything I don't like about the software.

Brianna from Keller Williams

Dotloop makes us so much more efficient!

Dotloop is a great tool for real estate transactions, and it makes our day-to-day workload much more manageable!!

Pros

Dotloop is great for staying organized. The templates section can be broken into folders, which makes for easy real estate transactions! For example, if we have an Estate sale, we simply add to a loop all items from our “estate sale” template folder. When I save in the template folders, I fill out each item with necessary fields (i.e. date, text box, signature prompt, etc) so that it is ready to be used when added to a loop. Our clients also find Dotloop user-friendly and are able to complete their paperwork using Dotloop as well!

Cons

The only “issue” I can recall is that when entering contact information for people into Dotloop, it will attempt to fill in the fields for you. This is great, except if it fills the fields in inaccurately. For example, if a husband and wife share an email address and you are trying to add the wife but the husband already had been entered into Dotloop before, it fills the husband’s information in. This is easy to fix, but just know that it can happen.

Dotloop saves so much time and money

Dotloop has saved us so much time and money, and I could not imagine ever having to go back to getting signatures the old fashioned way. In addition, both myself and my boss can access documents from anywhere we have an internet connection, so it has kind of acted as a cloud server for us as well. Overall, I really love this software, it has made my job so much easier.

Pros

I work as a transaction coordinator for a real estate agent, and Dotloop has revolutionized the way we do business. The best feature of this software is the ability to digitally sign paperwork, which saves us so much time and money. Many times, we go back and forth negotiating a contract, and we need initials and signatures each time we make a change. Rather than having to physically meet up with clients, we are able to acquire signatures quickly and easily via email.

Cons

Sharing a loop can be confusing. I rarely share my loops with other agents for fear of them having access to and changing things they shouldn't and vice versa.

Julie from KW

Best Document Signing Out There!

I use dotloop to run my real estate transactions. Clients love that I can send things directly to their phones for an instant signature.

Pros

I love dotloop! It is incredibly easy to use and accurate! Can't say enough good things about it.

Cons

My only complaint is they are no longer working with Keller Williams after this month. I'm going to miss having access to it and have even considered paying for it personally.

Phyllis from Logos Real Estate

Dotloop makes it easy to have clients all over the country!

I am able to conduct real estate transactions with ease electronically which cuts my time down from printing out, getting signatures, faxing or delivering documents, etc. The time saved is worth everything! Dotloop gives me more options of use than zipform and is much easier to use. I am also able to take another agent's document and easily edit it in dotloop as a PDF.

Pros

Dotloop is very user-friendly and has almost every feature needed to handle real estate transactions from start to finish.

Cons

The least favorite thing is that when executing a Residential real estate contract, the last agent needs to insert the execution date, or the last date the contract is signed. Dotloop doesn't let the realtor make changes without wiping out signatures. This One item Only needs to have edit capabilities for the realtor OR it should automatically enter the execution date as the date the last party signature is input. This slows down the process GREATLY and takes out the electronic factor because the realtor has to save the final copy as a PDF, write in the execution date, and upload as another PDF - before sending to title, lending, clients, etc. - Filling in this date before final signature does not work because signature timing rarely coincides.

Judy from RE/MAX Real Estate Group

No need to carry files with me & What a time saver

I have great experience in getting any questions answered when I called in

Pros

No need to print, easy to get documents signed and the best thing is everything is available to me 24/7 as long as I have my phone, iPad or computer.

Cons

I wish I had gotten it sooner. I no longer have to drive all over town just to get a client's signature.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

I love the ease of use for Dotloop

Karli from Keller Williams

Very Useful

In the age of technology, it seems so prehistoric to have to print out documents, sign them, and scan them. I am thankful for DOTLOOP for allowing my clients to be able to log in and sign documents in real time. This bit of software has allowed me to get offers to other agents quickly and to perform all of my necessary tasks without having to worry about my printer not having ink, or that someone may not have received a document. I love the feature that shows you all outgoing messages, and that reminds me of what tasks I have yet to complete.

Pros

My FAVORITE feature of this software is that it is paperless. You cannot get better then not having to fumble around with a sometimey printer. I can complete, or upload any document that I may need to work with from anywhere in the world. And my clients and I have access to these documents for life. They also appreciate that they can easily sign as well from their phones/ipads/tablets, etc. It really does make the Real Estate experience 100 times more pleasurable.

Cons

The one con to me about this software is that it does not intuitively see the blanks on the documents that you upload. Which means you have to add each respective text block, date block, signature, intials, each time which can be time consuming.

Liz from Rose and Womble Realty

Dot Loop Usage

As with a lot of things, I hated it when I started it. Now, I'm good with it. Once you learn it, you'll love it.

Pros

This is a good program for having everything in one place. You make a loop and add everything to that loop that pertains to the item you are doing. Since I am in real estate, the listing and sales of that listing can go into one loop and you don't need to search anywhere but in that loop for what you need. You add contacts and can get paperwork digitally signed. You don't need to keep paper. Great for paperless files. I can go from listing to closing on a house and have everything right there. Even getting the agent paid. Send what you need to the accounting department and wa-la....it's done. It keeps an activity log for each loop so you can go back and look to see if you missed something or not.

Cons

The training. I learn new things everyday. Training can't be done in just one sitting. There is so much to learn and you really need a good instructor. Most of it is easy, but still, I would like more training. The support team at the 800 # is great! You can't ask for better support.

Shane from Coldwell Banker Real Estate

All Day, Every Day

Pros

Dotloop is a piece of software that has been pivotal to the existence of my business for over 4 years now. It is an incredibly easy to use platform with great integrations and flexibility. I have been forced to use other services (like AppFiles) by clients who didn't have Dotloop and the difference is night and day. If you are in need of a document sharing system for Real Estate, hands down the best option available is Dotloop.

Cons

While I love most everything about this platform, I do wish there were most customization options for "white label" styling, allowing the end recipient to have a more clean "in house" feel. If they could include some ability to customize the front end and the notification emails, that would be awesome.

Katie from Coldwell Banker REA

Helps with ease of transaction

No need to drive across town for signatures, faxed docs are hard to read and speeds up the transaction processing. Love the auto fill abd template features!

Pros

Easy to use, upload docs, guides signers through documents. Easy to track progress and see if/when recipients have opened the documents

Cons

I wish it allowed me to set signing order. I.e. when I want to have buyers sign, then sellers agent receive, etc by setting that all up from the start. Right now, I have to resend to other agents after buyers sign. Same thing with leases, I want tenants to sign then once I'm done with verifications on my end, I can open and sign.

Victor from The Kinderhook Group

Lacking Some Basic Features .

In general it’s great. But they seem to have stopped improving it for users. But they keep adding more ways for Zillow (which owns DotLoop) to mine every bit of information about every transaction you do. Oh also I had been paying for DotLoop myself. When my agency started proving it for all agents, there was no way to move all of my deals to the DotLoop which I now get provided by my brokerage. That’s totally lame.

Pros

Having all of my documents for each deal in one place is fantastic.

Cons

There are not enough choices for what stage the transaction is at. For instance on a real estate purchase deal the choices for status are Pre-offer, under contract, withdrawn, sold, terminated or archived. Where is “accepted offer”? Or “under attorney review” etc. or maybe just let us customize our own status? But that’s impossible too.

Michele from Keller Williams Realty

Easy to Use

Pros

I like the dashboard of Dotloop. Each listing has a tile where it gives you a brief overview of the deal you are working on. It helps when managing a transaction. I like that you can upload multiple documents are at time and that you can store templates in the loops. I also like you can save multiple documents as and create a single PDF of all of them.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike about Dotloop execpt for the fact that you cannot mass export all of the data in your loops at a time. You have to pay for a service such as Dropbox do to this for you. The only work around is manually exporting everything one by one.

Response from dotloop

Replied October 2019

Hi Michele, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about dotloop. Glad to hear you like the layout and functionality of the dashboard and tiles. We also appreciate your comments regarding not being able to mass export all of your data -- we'll make sure to take that feedback into consideration. Thanks again!

Karon from Reese & Co Real Estate

Dotloop is the best software file management system!

It creates a perfect paperless system for our office, and the ease of the electronic signature feature is fabulous! Dotloop is very responsive and has ongoing training and help.

Pros

I like the ability to customize our forms, the ease of electronic signing, and the file management system. It's the best!

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

It's a better system than the others.

Ashwin from Engel and volkers

Best software to maintain software

It is amazing. Things are made so easier and we need not keep a traditional track of paper works and dotloop makes everything easier and well maintained.

Pros

Easy to add different transactions and it allows digital signature which is so helpful to get contracts prepared.

Cons

Nothing in specific. Everything is easier and also our sales agents love using dot loop instead to traditional paperwork.

Nasim from LifStyl

Great customer Service

I was worried to lose my previous documents on dotloop when I was switching company but that had been solved with my my previous brokerage.

Pros

Dotloop makes my life much easier as a real estate person. Easy to use and customer service folks are always available to help and they are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

All went well. The only thing I am concern in future is that I use dotloop for my personal organization and documents. That is something they advertised to me before I use dotloop. If I need to switch company in future we have to have broker's permission to be able to use and keep our folders. I wish we still be able to keep our folders no matter what. especially the personal ones.

Tami from Cutler Real Estate

Dotloop has Changed the face of Real Estate Transactions forever!

Dotloop is my number 1 go-to Real Estate product for working with agents and others on transactions. I am able to communicate, send documents, make requests and have a record of it all. There is no better product on the market for our industry.

Pros

Dotloop keeps everything in a transaction organized. It allows agents, admins and coordinators view everything and stay compliant, view history and communicate with record.

Cons

While I recognize why it isn't a feature, I do wish there was a way to delete unnecessary documents. There should be a way for the system to recognize blank documents or send notification to the other parties if you are deleting a document that was previously shared with them,as a safeguard.

I use this to manage and maintain real estate transactions for multiple real estate agents.

Getting signed contract documents quick and efficiently.

Pros

I like that everything is organized by loops and that you can auto populate information just by filling out a form and it fills out the information for you so you don't need to go in and do it yourself. I like the convenience of having it done for you and notifying you when something has been signed. I also like that you can upload templates so that you can fill out the information in DotLoop rather than in a PDF.

Cons

I don't like that when you are an admin for your company that everyone else that is an admin receives the signed document and I don't like that you can't opt out of certain agents signed documents when they are completed. I wish there was also an easier way to transfer your loops with all of your paperwork to one account to another.

Arielle from RE/MAX Real Estate, LTD.

Dotloop files makes transactions easy

Pros

Dotloop can be accessed from anywhere. This is great for real estate agents as they are able to pull up their files on the go, even from a mobile device. Electronic signatures also create the opprtunity for almost instant signatures without have to be present with the client. As long as your client has an email address, you can share documents, sign and store documents, and even have admin profiles to keep agents compliant with the Real Estate commission.

Cons

The only issue I have run into is an agent having difficulty uploading documents that are not a .pdf file. Unfortunately, dotloop will only accept PDF files.

Anna from CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate

Streamlined All Aspects of Our Business

We have used dotloop for about 3 years and more recently integrated some of our office processes into the loops. Now our agents can see (real-time) what our administrative staff is doing in the loop, through the use of workflow statuses and task lists.

Pros

I love the ability for the agents and the staff to be looking in the same place for the same information.

Cons

dotloop is still new enough that they haven't been able to think through every nook and cranny of the real estate business. However, they are doing a phenomenal job of being at the leading edge...and I look forward to what they'll grow into.

Response from dotloop

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the review, Anna!

Kayleigh from Bricks & Mortar Real Estate Co.

5 Stars!

Love it!!

Pros

Super easy to use and makes my work a lot easier and efficient.

Cons

No complaints to say I like anything “the least”

Response from dotloop

Replied September 2019

Hi Kayleigh! Thanks for the kind words about how dotloop makes managing your real estate transactions easier and more efficient.

Ashley from Real Estate

Dot Loop Review

Bottom Line, its easy and SO organized. Can be as detailed or as vague as you want it to be!

Pros

That it is literately all there. They are able to be titled as I want, they are able to have the folders all with in, and its the EASIEST system. You can't go wrong.

Cons

The only thing I find hard, is with a team some of the messages that are sent out the other team mates can't see and since I created a check list I am the only one who can add it to a loop even if I don't create the loop the other team mates can't add that check list. I have to wait for my invitation in order to go in and add that list when we all use it.

Ian from Real Estate

Dotloop is perfect for my business

Pros

Easy to use well-integrated product. Excellent Customer Service.

Cons

Haven't had any negative issues with my use of dotloop.

Scott from Southwood GA Homes

Virtual Admin Support

Overall, Dotloop is the only software that allows me to organize all docs into folders that are kept in one place AND allows me to complete electronic signatures. It is a virtual filing cabinet and so much more.

Pros

I like how easy files can be added, removed, re-ordered, edited, shared & signed.

Cons

I would love to have the added feature of being able to highlight & create comments on documents that can later be removed. This would be extremely helpful to give clients brief explanations about contract language or to highlight what I need them to read, etc. I would also like for an option to be added for sharing a document in the following way: When the first person signing has finished, the document automatically gets sent to the next person in line and so on. Right now, the document can be shared to multiple parties all at once but there are times when I need the signed version of a document to be sent to a party who doesn't need to also sign but just needs a copy of the signed document.

Darla from SUNRISE Realty

Love Dotloop

Pros

Keeping files in order and easy to use. Ease of sending to clients

Cons

Nothing, I like everything about the product

dotloop is relatively user friendly, but it needs some work

For my position, I use dotloop to make templates for homeowner contracts. To make these templates, I simply place text boxes, checkboxes, signatures, initials, and dates into their respective places within our company's own documents; however, I find that the process is extremely tedious and time-consuming. In the future, I hope that dotloop implements an "auto-fill" feature where they are able to "read" your uploaded documents and automatically fill in what is required to a certain extent.

Pros

dotloop is relatively easy to use and is very straightforward. Making folders, "loops" for specific properties, and templates just takes a few simple clicks. It is seamless to share these documents with potential owners and track their progress through the signing process.

Cons

My company creates our own paperwork for contracts that requires a lot of tedious and time-consuming work within dotloop. It is somewhat difficult to keep everything uniform and clean within the templates because this software does not provide guides to where you are placing different fillable fields. For example, one of our contracts has a series of checkboxes that are very difficult to line up with each other.

ANGELA from RE/MAX All Star

All of your documents in one place

This is a great way to become paperless. All files are submitted electronically, and stored for life.

Pros

Nothing is ever deleted, only archived. Able to share docs for signatures. Able to upload company forms to be "fillable". Able to submit docs to the office for review. Able to basically go paperless.

Cons

If you need signatures from 2 people that only have 1 email, it can cause a problem, especially with the older generation. When submitting docs for review, often the entire folder comes thru. This makes it time consuming for the reviewer to sift thru docs that should not have been submitted.

Carmen from Howard Realty Group

easy and convenient

dotloop has made it easy for clients to sign contracts at their convenience without having to leave work or home.

Pros

convenience for the client. they don't have to leave work or get a sitter to watch the kids to meet with me for last minute changes to the contract. they review changes from their phone, click click and it is approved. they appreciate the convenience and the ease of service

Cons

there is nothing that I don't like about the software. the software is easy to navigate. and the tech support are always helpful and they make me geel less stupid about the things I don't know.

Mildred M. from Keller Williams Realty Gold Coast

Using DotLoop for Secure Transactions

Very satisfied with DotLoop. It provides the functions for templates and the secure way to have documents signed, makes it a winner.

Pros

We use DotLoop as part of the Keller Williams Realty Gold Coast transaction management systems for listing and selling real estate. It offers the extensive use of business developed templates and secure signatures. Also has ability to send documents multiple ways, which is handy for different skill sets of clients.

Cons

Making sure that the right permissions are assigned to the correct set of users. You just have to be careful on the setup.

Sherri from Keller Williams Realty

Amazing Dotloop

Fantastic! Really like this software and how easy it is to share documents with other parties.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, and archiving ability. Very easy to use once I learned the basic concepts. Pulling in documents to my loops were very easy, the autofill options were great, and the back and forth between documents and also between loops took minimal effort.

Cons

Only con I can think of is that most other agents seem to use Docusign, and so when I would send them something through Dotloop, even as a PDF, there seemed to be complications on their end. Not sure why but I would often have to end up downloading the file and emailing it. As Keller Williams agents, we don't pay to use this software as that's paid by corporate. Not sure what the cost is that an average user pays.

Response from dotloop

Replied November 2019

Hi Sherri - thanks for taking the time to share your dotloop review! Glad to hear that we're helping you manage your transactions with ease.

Anthony from Links Residential

Links Residential Review

Overall the software is very user friendly once you build out the templates the way that you want. Our agents really like how easy it is to share documents for e-signatures.

Pros

Very easy to use and the customer success managers do a great job with the onboarding training.

Cons

You are unable to suspend a user, you can only remove them. As the admin I should have the ability to set the company default information for all users so that they do not have to manually do it themselves. Also merging loops is difficult because I always get an error message.