• Pros

• "I love how easy it is for all users to read and understand. Both technical and nontechnical individuals have commented on this product and how it increases efficiency within the team. "

• "Easy to set up and very straight forward licensing. It helped to gain multi-user editing and visibility across the different teams."

• "Easy to use, visual interface, scheduled reporting."

• Cons

• "It's a glamorous spreadsheet GANNT chart, although it's great, it hasn't revolutionized project management and you can ultimately cope with it."

• "Needs a darker background as can sometimes be a bit intense on the eyes Needs more colours Can often be a bit glitchy The filter system doesnt work The saved button has been removed "

• "It can sometimes be a bit clunky to update certain parameters but nothing that can’t be dealt with "

Browse Ganttic Reviews

Juan Carlos from ERM: Environmental Resources Management

It is a easy to use platform, fast to open and update.

I prefere no to provide details here.

Pros

Easy to use and access, several users on the same process, excelent to share schedulling. Easy to add resources and filters, new users are easily added as well. Edition rights are very customizable for every user.

Cons

Still trying to master the views specially when you have long list of resources and change the date, you have to scroll down again to find the resource you are interested on.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Juan Carlos! Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Just one trick to avoid scrolling would be to use the filtering function and filter out the resource name without scrolling down. I hope this helps.

Jeremy from Chubb Fire

Ganttic Review

saving time with live updates to the technician workloads and not requiring to send them schedules and amended schedules

Pros

changing required details for large job scales and rescheduling small jobs between technicians

Cons

restricted options in views to see technicians workloads together

Reasons for Choosing Ganttic

Response from Ganttic

Replied January 2020

Hi Jeremy! Thank you for your feedback. To be honest, I believe that we have the functionality you are looking for: A) For seeing technicians workload together, we would advice to group your technicians with the help of resource custom data fields: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/resources-custom-data-fields B) Maybe you do not have the permissions to see that information? Either way, if something remained confusing, feel free to write us at anytime from info@ganttic.com or book a free demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Chris from Carlsenfritzøe Handel AS

Easy to use ERP, cheap and efficient, great to customise to your company needs.

Pros

Easy to use nice task/calendar overview Sharing and app function Customise user rights Customised to with own specifics

Cons

Would be really nice to add files to a task ( pdf, jpg, sheets etc) Would be nice to customise app notifications. Now it's just a on/off function, this leads (in my case) to a notification every time a user as much as views a task.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Chris! Thank you for the feedback you provided. One option to add tasks would be to use the task custom data field (Type: Link) and attach via link the files you need. Karl

Kiri from Chubb

Ganttic Review

Overall good and easy to use

Pros

Visibility of all resources is and able to filter per resource

Cons

The search function is a bit long winded to use - can this be made easier to search within Ganttic

Response from Ganttic

Replied January 2020

Hi Kiri! Thank you so much for your feedback. I guess in the beginning our search function might get a bit time to get used with. However, in Ganttic you can filter out almost everything. Thus, there is always this thin line inbetween providing as many functionalities as possible and UX. However, we appreciate your feedback and I will foward this to our team. PS. Attaching a short article about filtering: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/customization/filtering-1 I hope this helps. PPS. If you need additional help you can at any sign up for a demo: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Scott from KHI Medical

Love Ganttic

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

Pros

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Cons

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Scott! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

THOMAS from RightVows Technologies

Great tool for project management and resource planning

Our planning and resource management is made easy with the adoption of Ganttic.

Pros

Great tool for visualized resource planning, project management and tracking of work hours. We are really interested to use this tool as it helped us gain more control over our resources and utilize them wisely. The time tracking UI and planing feature is a great tool for small and medium size companies where employee management is a crucial task.

Cons

The overall functionality set needs more improvement as it have some issues with the time tracking. It needs more QA before rolling into production.

Response from Ganttic

Replied November 2018

Hi Thomas! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. We are glad that you are seeing so many positive sides in using Ganttic. Thank you also the cons you brought forth. We agree the issues with time tracking - just in its conceptual sense Ganttic is not exactly meant for direct time tracking purposes. However, many of our clients use this for that and we are all the time improving this functionality. To continue, thank you also what you borught forth about QA. We are the moment updating this and I did forward your feedback to our Helpdesk. If you have any more additional questions / remarks, feel free to contact us at anytime.

Vaibhav from ERM

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use, functional

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use, MIS, customisation customer support web link could be used from anywhere ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Vaibhav! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

Laura from exagens

Easy to plan with, easy to share

Pros

What I like in Ganttic is that anyone can create tasks and dependencies easily and understand a planning within a glance thanks to its structured and colorful UI. Another advantage is that it is web based and thus doesn't require a specific software.

Cons

Some advanced features are missing (like always keeping the same timespan between 2 tasks when one of them move forward or backward), but overall it does a very good job for project and portfolio planning.

Response from Ganttic

Replied December 2018

Dear Laura! Thank you so much for your kind feedback. You can use timespan (in our sense "lag time") when you are moving tasks forward. For example, you can set that the time span inbetween to dependent tasks is always 2 days. Unfortunately this does not apply when you are moving tasks backward. However, I will give you heads up if this comes to our development plans.

dickson from university of zimbabwe

ganttic review

allocation of resources has always been a thorn in the fresh for most project managers. this at times leads to wastage of staff time, pilferage of materials end so on, but with a plan by ganttic, you can only bring necessary resources to site when required.

Pros

it gives you a bird's eyeview of your project. its ability in as far as resource allocation makes project management looks easy as tasks and resources are well planned and execution jus follows the cleared path.

Cons

may lead to reluctance in management of the project as project manager may be satisfied by the plan and gives false comfort which eventually leads to project failure (comfort zone)

Response from Ganttic

Replied January 2020

Dear Makombe, We just wanted to thank you for the constructive feedback. When we can help you with any questions in the future in regards to resource planning, feel free to get in touch at anytime.

Nick from Talents|KCA

Works very well with our senior management team to plan our workflow for our team

Pros

Easy to share amongst the team. Easy to learn in the first place and update. Good to see our team's workload by team, person or by project. The price point makes it a very attractive option. Only tries to do one thing well.

Cons

It is a little clunky - not as slick looking as some other options. Big jump in price between the cheapest options and the more expensive ones

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Nick! Thank you for the feedback that you provided. Oe option to make the price step smaller would also be to use the option to archive the resources. Thus, you do not need to hold active all the resources that you do not use all the time.

giuseppe from Boraso

A few thing missing, otherwise great tool

We are a team of 3PM and 4Head of function using Ganttic every day to coordinate a team of 40 professionals working on about 20 projects. The software allows us to forecast resource usage on a 3 to 6 months time span. While the information it provides is valuable, Ganttic still lacks some automation and better reporting tools. It also could use some usability tricks to make data entry faster. For example: - it is not possible to group one or more tasks of one of more resources and move the group forward or back in the calendar. Moving resources one by one is time-consuming. - if you span a resource task on more than one week the software considers weekend as working time. At the very least it could ask if you want to consider the weekend as working time or not, Or the software could provide a general setting to avoid tasks being spanned over weekends. Going around this problem is time-consuming. - the software does not consider 9-18 (with one our break) workdays. This way, when creating a task that lasts one day, you'll have to manually pick 09.00 as starting time, 18 at closing time and then you have to tweak the effort percentage to show 8 hours of work. You'll understand this is time-consuming too. - The software shows resource overlaps but has not a general setting that allows the user to choice whether time overlaps are actually a good thing or a bad thing. In the second case, a warning could be thrown allowing different projects manager to solve the overlap. This would save time. - Reports have improved but are still quite difficult to read and tweak. - Ganttic lacks a form to allow users to declare how much time they spent on planned tasks, thus automating effort calculation and allowing for better/faster reporting of planned time against effective time. There may be other issues I am not aware of at the moment. Despite that, we still find the software useful and correctly priced.

Pros

It allows visualizing multiple projects and the interplay of resources on those multiple projects. It is useful up to 6 months of forecast, with some tweaks it could go further.

Cons

Usability can be improved. Lots of inputs required to allow a faithful representation of the plan, rather time-consuming.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Giuseppe! Thank you again for finding your time for the feedback. Will try to answer the issues you had. 1) Are weekends considered a working time or not depends on your Ganttic settings. If they are not but they are shown in the Gantt charts, then these two days are not taken into consideration in calculations. 2) Similarly, from the settings you can set the working hours and you do not need to do it again manually. 3) We have improved reports a lot recently and have also added the charts option. I hope this helps and feel free to contact us at anytime.

Thomas from Joy Global

Ganttic Review

I have been using Ganttic for a couple years now I think it is a great tool and I would never want to go without it. the web version of Ganttic I am really impressed with, the Ganttic app I really expected more. What the app does have is great I was expecting to be able to see the schedule for all of the guys as a whole instead of just seeing the individuals schedule that you click on also I was expecting to be able to make schedule changes on the app version as well. Maybe I am wrong and you can do all of this stuff I just got the app and haven't played with it much so I could be wrong here. Thank you.

Pros

being able to schedule multiple people on the same job and also looking at an expanded view and seeing 1-2-3 weeks ahead

Cons

I wish that when I have multiple resources on one task I could change 1 individual resources timeline and not affect the others. For example, I have 3 employees scheduled for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday on one job, when I need to change just one of those 3 employees to say work only Monday and Tuesday I have to delete that task from that resource and create a new one to show only the two days instead of the three.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Thomas! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I just wanted to give you heads up that this is possible in Ganttic. For this you just need to use the checkmarks next to a resource. Does this work for you?

Todd from Menard Group USA

Quality scheduling app keeps our operations planning humming

After looking wide for a solution to scheduling our approximately 75 employees and almost 100 major pieces of equipment, Ganttic provided us exactly what we were looking for. At the beginning when we were getting set up, the support team reached out and Skyped with us, guiding us through adding our first resources and planning our first project. Since then we use the web app on a daily basis to update changes from the field and track upcoming operations for schedule conflicts. The easy drag-and-drop nature of re-scheduling allows us to quickly edit projects and have all the connected resources come along for the ride. Having multiple users with various permissions ensures system access to other employees but control of editing to just a handful of administrators. We love the report exporting features as well, to create weekly hand-outs for our scheduling meets.

Pros

Real-time updates across logins - when one person makes a change it's immediately displayed on other computers without any apparent conflicts or synching delay.

Cons

The iPhone app doesn't provide the views that are useful for us - would be better if it more closely mirrored the website experience.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Todd! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I am happy to tell you that we are making our web site step-by-step mobile responsible. We will keep you updated and I hope this will solve long-term the only issue you brought forth.

We use Ganttic for project team resourcing.

Pros

Great price. Great as a resource tool. Amazing customer service, we made a catastrophic mistake in our account and the highly responsive service rep was able to load a backup within a few hours. I would recommend this tool to friends and other companies.

Cons

My biggest frustrations are: 1) The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members. 2) The inability to "split" blocks of time. Example: I assign a 4-day block of time to 1 resource. Then another resource becomes available and I want to move 2 of those hours to this new resource. I should be able to click on the block of 4, click "split" which would break the block up into 2 blocks of 2 hours, then I should be able to DRAG that 2hr block to the new resource. 3) The reports are extremely lacking. I either want the option of a basic .csv export of my allocations or I want a streamlined display of our ganttic data. Currently reports give me a ton of fields and rows that don't display well and cloud the actual data.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi! Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will try to answer your questions. 1) Drag and drop is one of the strengths of Ganttic. Could you please elobarete what does not work? 2) For this we do not have a perfect solution that fits your needs. However, you could use the task copy function and then drag it till the right time period. Would that work for you? 3) We have the option to download the report as a CSV. Now we also added visual reports. All the data you have in Ganttic can be taken out via reports. What kind of information would you like to take out further?

Hans from Primestream Corporation

Simple but efficient

My task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!

Pros

Web-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure

Cons

I had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

Response from Ganttic

Replied January 2017

Hi Hans! Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic Hope that helps!

Jason from JJCA

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Staff Time Planning Tool

We use Ganttic to coordinate and plan staffing for an office of 25 architects. It works well for us because everyone can fill out his/her own row for a couple of weeks in advance of staffing meetings and then we can fill in blanks and move projects around during our weekly staffing meetings. No other tool has been as helpful.

Pros

Ability to view graphically people's time allocations and potential conflicts or down times.

Cons

It's a little tedious. We don't manage time periods down to 15-minute intervals so that level of precision is not needed. For those who use the website regularly, it is not an issue.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Jason! Thank you for the feedback. Just to give you heads up that from the settings you can change timing options and set default time interval for example to and hour or a day. I hope this helps.

Bruno from MENARD

Great planification tool

For our activity in construction, our flexibility is a key point. But for this we need an easy planification tool for our ressources (equipments and staff). And thanks to Ganttic we are able to track our ressources per day and to have a better estimation of our needs and that's a great advantage! When we need a new feature, they were able to do modification and propose good evolution and that's really good.

Pros

flexibility in terms of number of users.

Cons

Possibility for each user to save his own modification for the beginning and end date

Response from Ganttic

Replied January 2017

Hi Bruno! Thank you for the review! We are happy to see that Ganttic gives you the advantage you need! Regarding the con you wrote down, you can check out our helpdesk articles for user rights (administrators can control if a user can edit tasks or not): http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users/user-types-and-default-rights-1 and if there's a need, you can change the rights for each project: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/projects/special-permissions

Sylvain from LOC Software

Ganttic - Team Management for Software Development

As a Software Development Coordinator, I couldn't do without it. Managing a Team of 27 in a very dynamic software development context, with hundreds of tasks, using a standard Gantt chart isn't quite efficient. Ganttic allows us to manage resources, workload, and availability at a glance thanks to Ganttic. It is so easy to add tasks with multiple dependencies, from Analysis to Dev, testing, and QA. Move things around, plan, use color coding for project Status or Phases. Creating reports on a jiffy, managing holidays, vacations and what else. Probably the only software from many others required in my daily tasks, that I really like using. Now, an API would make Ganttic a killer app!

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility. Reliability. Cost. Usefulness.

Cons

An API would be great to have.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Sylvain! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to announce that API is in our development plans. I will give you heads up if I have more information about it.

Rahul from Hogarth@Santander

Industry: Graphic Design

Ganttic - A must for organised people!

After we started using Ganttic a few years ago we have grown to love every aspect of the scheduling tool. It's great for planning, logging, and pulling reports on all aspects of our choosing. Customer support is quick and efficient, and I love the way they strive to make improvements. I recommend trying Ganttic, you'll be hooked especially once you see how competitively priced it is. 10/10

Pros

Ease of use, price, and functionality

Cons

When you move a job from one resource to another or edit it the notes icon indicates it's been read when it hasn't

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Rahul! Thank you so much for the feeback. I believe that the issue you brought forth has been resolved now :)

Brad from Fluid Dynamics

Industry: Chemicals

Brad Peters with Fluid Dynamics

We use Ganttic for scheduling our resources. It has become a necessary and vital part of our business operations. We now are able to clearly see any complications in scheduling to meet customers expectations. Ganttic is a valuable tool for our business.

Pros

Ease of use, access through the internet, value

Cons

Insert function not available. To insert a task in an occupied time slot requires all the later task to be moved manually to make room for the insert. Would be desirable if later tasks automatically moved to allow for the added task.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Brad! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We will forward this to our development team and will give you heads when we have any development in this regard.

Zhuravlev from Eltechnika

Very useful tool for production planning. Simple and straightforward.

Hundreds of people work and receive assignments in a system with the ability to instantly change the products that should be done at a given moment, depending on the arrival of components, design documentation and number of employees. This link makes our production very flexible and mobile.

Pros

Ease of operation, good visualization. Ability to customize for your enterprise. While this is the best in operational planning for the ratio of labor to the result.

Cons

Poor integration with the Russian language in terms of imports. I would like more functionality in terms of monitoring the execution of tasks (spent time performing tasks)

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Andrey! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I can imagine that it might cause problems that our service is in English only. However, our support is more than happy to help you with any issues that might emerge.

Robert from Damovo Global Services

Quick and easy - getting things done!

Reduction of communication noise. Easy way to work on a central version of resource schedule.

Pros

We use Ganttic to schedule resources for number of projects (customer site visits). Its super easy to define the projects and add resources. Tool allows you to quickly get things going. Keeping the resource schedule information and ability to share it with customer brought the management of this area to next level. Lot less email/communicator noise. Also I am very happy with the customer support - they are very responsive and always willing to help.

Cons

Only two - mobile application is not so easy and flexible and there is no UNDO function. Once you delete something you have to do it again or contact support to get it from backup (it works, tested!).

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Robert! Thank you for the feedback. Now we have created the UNDO option. I hope this works for you. All the feedback that you can provide is appreciated.

Kristen from BI Worldwide

Technical Lead

This program has taken our chaotic schedule and wrapped it into an easy to read tool that can be accessed from anywhere. I would recommend this to any technical team that manages both production support as well as project implementations.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility on the main view to show more detail.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Kristen! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We really appreciate it. About timeline, you can use filters and amend the views how you would like. Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/timeline Would be more than happy to assist you further in this regard if you need our assistance.

Alia from Umbra

Great project management tool!

Pros

Easy to get started with and amazing for tracking asset (either physical assets or employees) to manage allocation. Great for team tracking with events!

Cons

We haven't done much pushing the limits of what's possible on Ganttic and don't have much experience in its overall flexibility or tying in with other tools

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Alia! Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided. If you want to discover Ganttic more, feel free to schedule a personalized demo of Ganttic from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo Would be more than happy to introduce functionalities and possibilities of Ganttic that you might have missed.

Joshua from Kircher Design & Build

Project Scheduling for the remodeling industry.

We've been using Ganttic for our scheduling for a couple of years now. Most scheduling systems schedule by assigning resources to projects, but Ganttic allows us to schedule the projects to available resources. They are also constantly adding features. The latest we've implemented is an automatic email to our subcontractors of the schedule so as to keep them informed.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Joshua! Thank you again so much for the good feedback. Feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any questions or recommendations.

Kat from Imagination

Essential Tool

Ganttic is a great product. It is easy to use and due to its visual interface, there is no steep learning curve for users. It is effortless to integrate with Google platforms and the scheduled reporting means data can be picked up by other tools. We really like the continuous release method which allows new features to be added quickly. The support response is superb. The product is ideal for global teams with updates being seen across the tool in real time.

Pros

Easy to use, visual interface, scheduled reporting.

Cons

The lack of API's mean full integration isn't possible yet.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Kat! Thank you for your warm feedback. API is in our development plans. Will get back to you when we have more infromation about it.

Mike from IntegrationWorks

Great management tool

I've used Ganttic in a previous organization so when I moved I knew it was a great tool. It's simple to add and remove resources and to assign time and projects. Reporting has come a long way and now has some great features.

Pros

Ease of use, value for money, reporting

Cons

Strong visual colours could be better as pastels

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Mike! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I feel that now we have solved the issue with colors :)

Alejandro from DGI Geoscience Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

Good resource management tool overall

Move on from an excel sheet

Pros

- Good customer support - Good for scheduling resources - Customs reports - Custom charts - Unlimited users - Access profiled users

Cons

- No team communications - No file attachment feature for resource sheet - No batch operations - Some UX bugs

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Alejandro! Thank you for the feedback that you provided and I am glad that Ganttic works for you. I will try to answer the questions that you had. 1) Like in all SaaS services bugs sometimes occur and we are sorry that this has happened with you. Usually they are fixed within one working day. However, if this problem still persists, feel free to contact us at anytime with this issue. 2) For team communication we feel Ganttic is best utilized when it is shown during team planning meetings. In addition, team collaboration in the Ganttic sense means that everybody can see the planner in their predefined settings - thus, you can be up to date what your team members and department is doing. 3) For file attachmend for a resource we would recommend to create a new resource custom data field that is "Link" type. And with this you can attach all the information you need via link to a resource profile.

Manuel from Serenata IntraWare GmbH

Ganttic proved to be the better alternative than all these old-school Excelsheets for resource mgt.

Visibility about resource situation across teams.

Pros

Cons

Quite hard to learn initially, making it hard for new users without proper introduction. The requirement to drag'n'drop to create a new entry is counter-intuitive, especially as click and right-click do not trigger any action.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Manuel! Thank you for the feedback. If you still have some things that confuse your users, we would be more than happy to help you guys from the customer support side. Feel free to book at anytime a free personalized Ganttic demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Francois from LOC Software

Industry: Supermarkets

Great resource management tool!

Finally able to know quickly who is available in 5 weeks for example. Having to manage 28 development resources, I have no clue how we were doing this before without Ganttic!

Pros

Visual, intuitive and drag and drop approach.

Cons

The refresh rate is clumsy sometimes.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Francois! Thank you for your feedback. I feel that the refresh problem might be also connected with the speed of your internet and how large is the time period of your view that you are viewing. However, we are constantly improving the refresh rate and please tell us when you will encounter similar problems in the future.

John from Felsomat USA Inc.

We are new users and this shared scheduling solution has helped us by have increased visibility

Were are more organized and this our helps our customers and employees

Pros

Visibility by multiple departments and our team in the field via their mobile phones. This allows our team to get updates on their schedules and provide status or add notes as needed.

Cons

I can not go back, If I make a change and then want to go back, to the previous schedule prior to the change, I cannot.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi John! Thank you for the feedback. I hope that you are satisfied with the undo function we added :)

Peter from Need+Mannerfeldt Group AB

Great tool that have helped us with our efficiency

The tool has completely changed our business and made us more profitable. I just miss three things: 1. follow-up on archived projects (without the first need to dear chive them). 2. The Bigger field for describing a project (maybe attach pictures) 3. Generate project number.

Pros

Showing use of resources to the whole organization

Cons

See comment before about my 3 wishes.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Peter! Thank you so much for your feedback. Will try to answer the questions you had: 1) With link type of field it is possible to attach photos and also files. Would this work for you? 2) One options for that would be to use project custom data fields.Would this work for you?

TJ from Amplio Systems

Ganttic is the answer to a large install team scheduling and planning

This software's benefit to us is allows us to forecast upcoming installation project and see when we need to hire contractors and/or additional resources.

Pros

It's been a really great tool for scheduling our teams. We can push the calendar to them as well there is an app. The last tool we had was only computer accessible not helpful to the guys in the field. We have really made use of this tool in our planning out when we can fit jobs into our ever changing schedule. It's feature filled and very flexible.

Cons

The biggest con was that you could change the schedule from you calendar feed for each person. There are few people this is fine but most of our integrators really should only be able view it not edit it.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi TJ! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I believe that the solution for the problem you brought forth would be just to set different user permission for editing. Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users

David from Cogiscan

All we need is within Ganttic

We are a company with employees across the planet. We need to know where each employee travels to which customer, so we can schedule all our planning.

Pros

In a quick view we see what we need to see

Cons

We can not create events in batch for each resources

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi David! Thank you for the feedback you provided. If you want to create an event (task) for a batch of resources then next to each resource we have checkmarks. Just check them while creating a task. This should solve your problem.

Dave from Key Computers

Very simple to use, good value for money

Giving everybody with access the visibility of what tasks each member of staff had in the development team has been hugely positive.

Pros

Visual representation of workload makes it easy to manage and capture information at a glance. Timelines change often and it is also very easy to move tasks from person to person, and to different dates

Cons

A couple of features, namely managing dependencies between tasks work but feels a little clunky and difficult to use.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Dave! Thank you for the feedback. What did you feel was confusing about dependencies? Would be glad to hear your feedback.

Charles from Broadcasting company

Love the software!

visually manage my team's time

Pros

I have been using Ganttic for a couple of years, and despite my that organisation has forced us to use another tool, I went back to it to me going for my team easily.

Marianne from Debut Communications

Great resource tool with flexibility to make it what you need it to be.

Pros

There's a lot of room for customization in this software - so you can create what you need to to suite your needs. Dependencies are an added feature.

Cons

Task colours seem to change pending what calendar view you're looking at. The filtering at the top can be confusing. Wish there were templates/samples one could view and assess best approach to take in Ganttic. Leaves so much to the person using it - that examples would help.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Marianne! Thank you for the feedback that you provided. I will now try to answer the questions that you had: 1) I feel that the colors the problem was that after hitting "Apply" you did not save the view. When you have saved the view, then the colors do not change. 2) Thank you for the good advice. I will talk with the management in this regard. Moreover, we are more than happy to go through everything that might still be confusing, for this, just sign-up for a free Ganttic demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Leonie from Abseil Access Ltd

As first was daunting however its very simple and easy to use, great product has everything we need

Pros

The option of being able to print the reports, it's very important in our job to have this information on hand and this software allows that.

Cons

Was quite daunting at first glance as it looks messy and difficult to understand, I didn't find it easy to learn at first.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Leonie! Thank you for the warm feedback. Ganttic might be taunting in the beginning but we always recommend to use our support as often as you need. And if something is stlll confusing, feel free to book a free personalized demo at anytime from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Alan from Performanta

Great Resource Management Tool

Initially, Ganttic was heavily geared towards project resource mapping, but as it has developed, it's morphed into a solution capable of catering to general resource management - now they just need to get calendar integration and they'll be the perfect solution!

Pros

Ease of use, graphical interface

Cons

no integration to outlook, no real auditting (easily available)

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Alan! I guess as you know, now we have also the calendar integration, both with Outlook and Google. I hope this works for you :) Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/google-calendar-synchronization

Fredrik from Callenberg

Industry: Maritime

Excellent support when needed

Every time that support has been needed it has been given precise and in good time. The only thing that could be useful is a rollback function, preferable to cancel all that have been done the last login.

Pros

Ease of use, quick overview

Cons

No rollback (that I know of)

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Fredrik! Thank you for the feedback. We have now implemented a new function called "UNDO". Does this solve the challenge you were faced with?

good features, tracks history, Simple to use

clearer resourcing all colleagues can edit at the same time

Pros

Like having project tabs tracking history easy to view colleagues work or by teams Can also specify non working times such as lunchtime Can also have tabs for departments

Cons

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi! Thank you for the feedback you provided and glad you found many positive aspects about Ganttic. Now about the cons that you brought forth. 1) Could you further explain how the filtering does not work? Filtering is one of the most powerful functions inside Ganttic and we have not had feedback that it doesn't work. Thus, we are happy to any input in this regard. 2) Samewise about save button. Where was it removed? :) Would be happy to assist you in any questions that you might have still.

Emma from King James

Surprisingly great!

I was reluctant initially to go Digital, but have found it a great tool for scheduling and for the sharing of information.

Pros

Usability. Sharing of information. Info is mobile on the laptop.

Cons

Sometimes there is a 'click' delay.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Emma! Thank you for the feedback. I believe that now all the performance related issues should be solved :)

Helge from Sunstall

Great Resource Planning tool!

We are using Ganttic since 18 months and are very happy! It's easy to use and provide the flexibility we need. We have a fast-paced environment!

Pros

Flexibility and scalability.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Helge! Thank you again for your warm feedback. Feel free to contact us if any questions shall emerge.

Bill from Crestline Construction

1st review

Would like to be able to copy tasks/projects to multiple people/resources.

Pros

Ability to sort resources many different way

Cons

Can not copy tasks/projects to multiple resources

Response from Ganttic

Replied January 2017

Hi Bill! Thank you for the review! Great to see that Ganttic's resource grouping feature is helpful to you! As a bonus, you actually CAN assign tasks to multiple resources. You can find a helpdesk article here: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/assign-tasks-to-multiple-resources

Roland from Eco Installer

Very useful software for managing our company resources

We've been using Ganttic as a company on and off for the last 2 years and found it very useful for managing our engineer's diaries.

Pros

The resource view

Cons

Printing options

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Roland! Thank you for your feedback. For printing you need to use your web browser printing options. Are you having problems with that?

Casey from FMS LLC

Good software to streamline the planning process

Pros

Like the drag and drop planning. I like the highly customizable forms and reports. Software is relatively easy to use and is not too bloated, allowing it to do what it does best, Resource Planning. I I also like the sharing options and allowing multiple users to have access to the software and no hard pay wall to do so.

Cons

There is no UNDO feature. Also do not like that there is no option to remove WEEKENDS from the scheduling. I constantly have projects run into weekends when we are trying plan out resources. Which requires you to manually go into the task and move to the next weekday.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Casey! Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to tell you that now we have the undo function. In addition, you can also remove the weekends from the settings.

Nataraj from ERM India Private Limited

We use Ganttic to plan resource schedules, improve visibility of availability and generate reports

Pros

I like that fact that it is web-based, easy to use, accommodates customized data and can provide access to all individual resources to update their own schedules. The support team is also very responsive.

Cons

Reports can also have the option for graphs etc. so we can look at group or individual stats at a glance. Currently we can extract the data and have to create pivots or charts on excel.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Nataraj! Thank you for the feedback! Now we have created the visual charts option in Ganttic: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/reports/visual-reports Does this option works for you?

Amazing product

We have grown to a size where we have to manage resource allocation across a large number of projects which is really easy with Ganticc thanks to the variety of views and the ability to schedule per project or seeing what’s going on elsewhere

Pros

It was really easy to set up - quick to get going and good help available where needed. I loved the regular emails with tips on how to get the best out of it. I like the various views and the ability to create unlimited guest accounts giving visibility to people across the business

Cons

Response from Ganttic

Replied April 2019

Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to turn to us in the future at anytime shall additional questions emerge. Karl

Brian from Portland Kettle Works

Industry: Machinery

Production planning for stainless tank shop

Pros

Ease of use for simple projects. The reporting tools are easy to work with.

Cons

Lack of templatization and ease of use for repetitive task for different customers.

Response from Ganttic

Replied December 2018

Hi Brian! Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are happy that our reporting tools fit your needs. Good news are that the templates will come next year. We will keep you posted with developments in this regard.

Ronald from Vertafore

Easy to use interface, easy to read layout. Was able to get off the ground running with no training

Able to schedule resources easily and effectively.

Pros

Really like how easy it is to see the calendar layout and change what I'm looking at - weeks to months, etc.

Cons

Setting timing on tasks can get confusing, times get overwritten depending on your order of clicks. For example if want a task to only take up part of a day, I want the task to show over the course of the full day, but the duration of the task may only be 4 hours. To get these settings to 'stick' sometimes takes a couple tries.

Response from Ganttic

Replied October 2018

Hi Ronald! Thank you for the feedback. I can imagine that the task settings might take time to get used with in the beginning. However, what could make it easier is when you define from the settings your default timing preferences. Then you do not need to change them every time.