All Houzz Pro Reviews

Outstanding Customer Support and Lead Generation

Danielle

Reviewed April 2022

All-in-one great software

So far my experience is great. I'm looking forward to transitioning to this platform permanently for our business needs.

PROS

Easy functionality and business management especially with estimates.

CONS

No dislikes so far. The software is easy to understand.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Needed more function options to handle business complexities. Also the design software.

Danielle

Keeping it Real

Being able to run Design and Construct business in the one program is ideal. There are areas for improvement, however overall it has given our clients a better user experience for being able to better communicate our design and build ideas, proposals and updating clients about the project during construction.

PROS

Love that it has the option to provide a well rounded service from start to finish in handling clients from lead stage, to design, quotation proposals and build management. Not many options out there that combine design and construction components in one program.

CONS

Leads that come through are hit and miss. A lot of scam leads. However, have had some very successful leads. Needs little better handling and efficiency across the system and better user friendly interface for the app.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

That it co-ordinated both design and build together

Molly

Reviewed March 2024

Great Customer Service

I am at a 50% right now. There are features that I love, and again, features that surprisingly are absent.

PROS

I've found the online chat feature on Houzz to be incredibly helpful. It's become my go-to whenever I have questions while browsing the platform.

CONS

Several features that I believe should be standard offerings are either absent or require cumbersome workarounds within the Houzz platform. Despite being assured that user feedback is integral to driving improvements, none of the suggestions I've provided have been implemented to date.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

Honestly, Houzz had a booth at KBIS. The person working at the booth was convincing. Although not honest with what I was signing, she was good at getting the sale.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

The product was too basic. I needed a more robust system.

Hi Molly - we are constantly gathering input for new features and we add them based on the number of designers asking for them. I'd love to hear your list and share with you what on your list is coming soon. Please don't hesitate to reach out - Chloe

Replied March 2024

Javier

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great Platform For Architects and Designers

Overall we are very happy with Houzz and hope to be able to continue being one of their Houzz Pro clients.

PROS

I like how it has evolved into a design focused platform, and how its focusing on helping professionals manage businesses. Our primary interest in Houzz was to have an additional portfolio that could be easily found by prospective clients. Next our focus was keeping up to date with customer satisfaction. Currently we have found better and better clients who have found us through Houzz. This company has definitely focused on improving itself.

CONS

The cost is a bit too high for us currently.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

We focus mostly on the marketing value of houzz, not the project management aspect.

Robert

Houzz Pro Changed our business for the better

Thoroughly Impressed and would highly recommend!!

PROS

So many features to discuss: the scanning and website and customer service is amazing. They do their best to help and that is important

CONS

Could be a little better at allowing user to self customize certain fields

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Wanted a higher caliber client mix for the company

Elizabeth

Houzz Pro Review

I am a fan of Houzz Pro Review! It has been very helpful to me and my business. The features, the functionality, and the ease of use. I've used several project management software programs and I cannot recommend Houzz Pro Review enough.

PROS

Houzz Pro Review has helped me streamline my small business, making proposals and invoicing simple.

CONS

Not a lot of help in the beginning. I asked for a walkthrough in setting up my account and was basically told to go look at training videos. I felt like they were all over me, hounding me when they thought I might use the software for website and marketing but when it turned out I only wanted the project management software the customer service fell off real quickly.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

Other than studio designer, I looked at Monday again but I wasn't really all that impressed.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Hated the platform. Not user friendly. I didn't think the accounting was worth it.

Hi Elizabeth - that's definitely not the onboarding experience we are looking to provide - please reach out to me so we can get you a training session ASAP. Chloe

Replied April 2024

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Fair, but won’t renew

I am almost finished with my year of using Houzz Pro, and do not plan to renew. The referral system invites comparison shopping and often are not ideal clients.

PROS

I like the kitchen, layout tools for cabinetry

CONS

I find Houzz Pro to be cumbersome, and seems to lack common stock options.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

The marketing aspect had potential the rendering are a bit better, but way more expensive.

Hi Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear you won't be renewing. We'd still love to have more input on what you find difficult to use and the stock options you expect to see, thank you - Chloe

Replied March 2024

Santiago

Reviewed April 2024

Houzz Pro is on its way to becoming the number one construction management platform

It has been great I love its design and 3D tools it has a lot of functions and it is easy to use and set up. Its marketing platform is very useful.

PROS

Integration with marketing, design tools.

CONS

It is slow, it does not have a lot of integrations, or access to use APIs, webhooks and other type of data for sales as well as it needs better time management and cost management features like geotagging for time slip.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

The marketing integration of Houzz with Houzz Pro and some its very nice tools for design.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Lack of takeoff features, although it had lots of integrations it seems it was built from a general CRM instead of a Construction CRM

Marcie

Design, 1 employee

New Houzz user

It's been a great experience. The training videos are great. If I get stuck I just refer back to the videos.

PROS

I like Houzz Pro because it has everything a Designer needs in one system.

CONS

I do not like that there are only leads or Clients in the system. And you cannot pick and choose who to send emails to. You have to send a campaign to the whole group. I like to send an email to certain zip codes or too one Management group. I haven't discovered how to do that yet.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

Salesforce did not have the room planner or the doll house view that I needed.

Jesenia

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

This is great!

My experience with Houzz do day has been awesome!

PROS

I love Houzz because it’s so organized and easy to keep track of my invoices and estimates.

CONS

I honestly can not say enough good thing about this platform. I personally love everything about it!

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Houzz was a better decision for our company. Running a Kitchen and Bath showroom, we needed a platform that would get our business out there and Houzz was the way to go!

Vanessa

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Great software for Interior Designers

Overall houzz is a very valuable tool for my business, and helps our design firm source and track products for our clients

PROS

Our team uses Houzz Pro to source product for clients, track billable hours, send proposals to clients, invoice clients, create purchase orders, and track products through installation. Essentially I view Houzz Pro as a fantastic PRODUCT MANAGEMENT software.

CONS

Some things I dont like about Houzz Pro; it could be much more robust when it comes to helping a manager of a larger design firm manage time and billable hours, etc. I wish there was a dashboard where I could see real time info on who is clocked in for billable time, how many billable hours our team has recorded for the month or year, as well as sales data reporting. I used to own a boutique and used Quickbooks Point of Sale and it had an amazing dashboard where I could customize the reports and see all sorts of important info as the business owner. All that data is inside Houzz but there's not an admin dashboard that at a glance gives you data reporting. Also the CRM feature could be better.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

I actually use Asana in tandem with Houzz Pro. I chose Houzz Pro over Mydoma though because I personally liked the interface more.

Vicki

Reviewed March 2023

HP... a work in progress!

We do like the system overall! The client facing system is professional; however, there are several enhancements we are waiting for to make this a one stop shop for our clients and our projects.

PROS

We love the room boards and file storage.

CONS

There is a LONG way to go to get the Selections Reports we need without doctoring the documents we export from HP. Also... the online payment options are confusing and have caused us to look foolish as it is not easy to navigate for our clients.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

Getting into the systems and trying them!

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Houzz Pro was MUCH easier to use and Interior Design Focused.

Matthew

Reviewed April 2023

Beware, not the end all that you are promised.

Pressure, a word that accurately describes the sales tactics after you subscribe to purchase the extras needed to supposedly make it all work.

PROS

3d plans, estimating. And customer info management.

CONS

Does not mesh well with quick books Canada. We participated in an hour long survey for a 100.00$ credit. It took 8 messages to support and 3 months to recieve.We have been ghosted on asking to cancel for 3 weeks now. FYI they cancel support tickets after 48 hours.Change orders are horrible, FYI will not hold up in a Nova Scotia court. Unable to adjust invoices if posted. Lots of spam.They promise you the moon only to find out you need to pay +600.00$ more a month to use the lead generation part.Pricing increases of 40$ this month per user.Better solutions exist for less money. It's really not Canadian friendly.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

The promise of lead generation through the product was not advised until 1 week later we needed to sign up for the lead program at $600 a month plus for 12 months

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Promises of an all in one solution.

Ricardo

Reviewed May 2023

Every thing is at my fingertips.

Absolutely the most comprehensive and complete management app I have used, currently.

PROS

The start-up tool and the photo measurement tool. Very easy to use.

CONS

An accounting tool like Quickbooks but part of the Houzz Pro management package. Maybe integration of financing options for potential clients. It would completely overtake the market. It would put Houzz Pro in a position of exclusivity no one could dismiss.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

While these other product are very valuable in what they offer: accounting software, financing options for clients and crm programs, Houzz Pro has done a far superior job in the estimating/invoicing/pricing/online payments and the communication platform for messaging between clients and contractor.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

The catalog of services in the estimating area of the product.

Marlena

Reviewed October 2021

We love Houzz Pro

Love it!

PROS

It has everything we need to successfully run our business.

CONS

There were some frustrating glitches happening when Houzz took over Ivy but they seem to be worked out for now.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

We were looking for a product that was specific to our industry and this is it! It has everything you need to run an interior design business!

Hi, Marlena, thank you for the review and recommendation! We've put a lot of hard work into improving Houzz Pro since its debut and we're happy to hear you agree that it's come a long way. -The Houzz Pro Team

Replied October 2021

Anne Marie

Reviewed January 2022

Overall happy

Customer service is responsive - usually able to get in touch with someone in a day or so.

PROS

that its user friendly. It does have many nuances that I have had to figure out the hard way, but that is true of any program.

CONS

I have mentioned these issues else where and super hopeful they will be addresses in time.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

My doma barely had any funtionality, Studio Designer was too complicated with way too much room for error. I have been very happy with Houzz and excited to see the new funtionality when it launches soon. I don't love the connection to Houzz. I don't use Houzz as a marketing tool as all. Its also confusing to clients as to what Houzz Pro is and how its related to Houzz for consumers.

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Anne Marie! Could you give us an idea of some of the issues you'd like to see addressed that you alluded to in your cons? -The Houzz Pro Team

Replied January 2022

Reviewed October 2021

Landscape Designer & Houzz Pro

My overall satisfaction would be a 9 out of 10 rating. As I mentioned in my previous message about the "cons," with Houzz Pro unable to provide a client app is why I am only rating this a 9 out of 10. Other than this I am extremely satisfied for now with Houzz Pro. I am really curious to find out if there is anything on the IT side in hopes of a new app development coming out any time soon.

PROS

I love that everything you need from start to finish for my projects are all stored through the Houzz Pro dashboard. It doesn't matter how large or small the scale of my projects, Houzz Pro seems to have everything I need in order to properly manage projects.

CONS

I do wish there was an app feature for my clients to use. The homeowners that trust me to take on their large projects are extremely busy people as well, as some are CEOs and CFOs to large companies. The larger projects require way more management which requires way more communication between myself and my client. These extremely busy homeowners would benefit from an app for them to log in and see their dashboard, messages, documents directly from their phone or tablet with just a hit of their finger. This is the largest request I am receiving from my clients and I agree with them, that a homeowner app for houzz pro would be crucial in leveling up my customer satisfaction which ultimately will increase my overall satisfaction with Houzz Pro.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Houzz Pro was able to integrate both the marketing/advertising and the project dashboard together. Using this has allowed more leads come through my pipeline than what I was seeing before.

Hi, Daniel, thank you for your review and recommendation! We actually do have a dashboard that your clients can access on mobile! As they use it, we would love to hear your and their feedback on how we can improve it. -The Houzz Pro Team

Replied October 2021