• Pros

• "Easy, lovable, does exactly what it should. The like feature as well as comments is super cool!"

• "Easy to use in email. Inside the tools I use already and easily customizable. I also love how nimble the interface is. "

• "The clean interface and the ability to track down when I did what I did. Sometimes it feels good to go back and see what I did on a certain day 3 years ago :-)"

• Cons

• "The new version helps with team tasks management. But I don't really use those features, I wish there are ways for me to toggle it for solo use."

• "It's simple, the best thing and the most intriguing thing because any change would make it a bit better but would also be a con."

• "Would prefer to have some emojis added. I wish there were more cons I could add, but the software is good the way it is, so I don't have anything more to add."

Browse IDoneThis Reviews

Jeremy from Unites States Air Force

Industry: Military

Capture your completions

Simple and streamlined way to capture my daily thoughts and completions as well as end of week incompletions that I can mark especially. This saves me from having my own system and keeps it easily accessible and easily captured so I can focus on doing. Tracking completions for me hasn't helped me celebrate wins, notice patterns in my work and moods, and focus on doing and not on random distractions or details like many productively systems I've tried.

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with my productivity system

Cons

Really does everything I want with. I issued but if I had to say something - Don't have ways to link other productively files that I use like excel to have everything in one place.

Keith from Village Bible Church

Excellent for team building and communication

Team building and team communication.

Pros

My team is spread out between different locations and schedules. Rarely are they all together at the same place and same time. iDoneThis has greatly improved our communication and team work as it makes it easy to communicate what is being done and gives the team the ability to interact with the posts. The team is much more informed about what is happening in general, and there is more synergy when people end up working on the same project without knowing it. It is also a great way for the team to encourage each other and give suggestions along the way. We love it. And it's easy and quick to use too - also critical to the success of something like this. Also customer service is excellent!

Cons

The software is fairly mature but is still in development so there are some features that we love that have disappeared while new versions are developed. The daily email journal is a very powerful feature, but currently social components (likes and comments) are not showing up effectively, the email is being clipped by Gmail and images and videos embedded are not displaying. These are all being worked on by the development team, however, and I expect them to become strengths again soon.

Good tool to monitor teams activity

Pros

My favorite aspect of this tool is that not only help you to have an overview of the projects/tasks your teams are working into, but it allows you to have a full view of the daily obstacles the team members have during their day to day work. Many other platforms are very good is project planning but fail in implementing a feature that accounts the unexpected tasks of the day to day, which part part of the work of fast moving industries of today. This fast sharing of the status of the work allows you to be more connected to the team and issues to be solved faster

Cons

Trial period is extremely short as it is just 3 days. To have a good understanding of the potential of the tool and the benefits that can bring to the team, a normal team would need at least from a week to 10 days of trial

Diego from Sperantus

The experience since the new UI upgrade hasn't been good

improved team communication

Pros

Keeping the history of all 'dones' Keeping the team in sync every day Replying via email Ability to interact via likes and comments

Cons

Email reply not always work - some times it skips some of the 'dones' Daily email digest design should be more compact Likes are not being notified When adding a comment if the main 'doer' replies to the comment the commenter doesn't get notified unless it was tagged. The price is too high for the type of service it offers The UI is slow when filtering by my own 'dones' and they are displayed as a long list instead of groups by date (so I can easily identify what I did each day and paginate through that) The option to set the digest/reminder time for each member seems to be no longer available in a central

Madhav from Hubstaff

Simplest daily stand up tool

Pros

Helps me and my team plan weekly tasks and then easy to send updates across the entire team. I don't have to add a manual update on my channel every week.

Cons

A) I think they've stopped working on bettering the app. Their chrome extension hasn't been updated in years. B) I wish I could just reply to the email with what's done instead of needing to login everytime to update my tasks. C) Make it possible to access iDoneThis office.

Response from IDoneThis

Replied March 2018

Hello Madhav, Thanks for your review! Our email reminder system still works, please contact us by chat or email so we can get this up and running for you. Recently we have included new features such as assigning tasks and we continue to grow our productivity tool. Let us know if you have any questions. Regards,

Olga from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

A simply and elegant tool

I use it as a diary, to keep track of my productivity from day to day. It's very effective and gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

Pros

It's very simple to use and very effective in its functionality. It allows me to email in the tasks that I accomplished and to keep track of them via the calendar. I also love the reminders, included in the email, of what I accomplished on the same day weeks and months ago.

Cons

I'd love to have it as an app for my phone.

Joshua from Asian Film Archive

I have been using idonethis since 2014 and it does what it say it does really well. Can't be wrong.

Helps me keep track of what I've done daily.

Pros

I use it to keep track of what I've done via the daily reminder email. It allows me to export all of the tasks in CSV annually. This way I get an overview of what I have done. It really helps me to have a good idea of my productivity.

Cons

Great to improve time management skills

This is a very good product - which helps maintain transparency within our company.

Pros

Our team is pretty much spread throughout the world and in different time zones. Since we have implemented this platform, it has helped everyone not only stay informed, but what had been accomplished and what still needs to be done. Having everything transparent, teammates are able to see what is still on our plates and help out if they think they can.

Cons

The only thing I have to say that is negative about this is the design. It can be at times a little hard to navigate and it is not very intuitive at first. Once you learn how to navigate within the app, it's easy, but initially is a bit hard

Sebastian from binaerdesign(er).de

Perfect chance for a daily reflection

I use idonethis for many years as a daily reflection tool. Both for business and for private use. It helps me to identify patterns and to check my output.

Pros

- I could use it via email reply - It sends me things I wrote last year - I could export it via calendar - It reminds me every evening

Cons

- The website interface is a little bit oldschool and slow (but I use e-mail replys anyway)

Audrey from Penn State University

Quick task tracking for life and work

It's incredibly easy to use, just type into a field whatever it is you want to track. I use it to track everything from general work tasks to what season/episode of shows that I've watched in a given day. It helps me keep track of where I left off especially when I'm watching several shows at the same time (afaik, Netflix is the only service that gives you watch history). You can export your data into an Excel file and customize your notifications such as get weekly updates and/or daily reminders.

Pros

You can use hashtags to help organize for later searching/aggregating.

Cons

I don't have any complaints, actually! You get a lot with the free version.

Great For Looking Back

I don't use I Done This for business but my daughter-in-law does and she's the one who started me on it. So I can't say anything about my business experience with it, but she loves it. As a personal user, I would be very upset if they discontinued the personal page, because it's like having a short journal to keep track of your life.

Pros

I have the personal version and I like that I can see that I actually accomplished something in a day. And if I need to check back on when I did something, the search feature is a great help. I Done This almost feels like an easy, short journal, helping you to remember and capture what you did in any particular day.

Cons

I've been using this about 4 years and can't say there's anything I don't like. The app was really wonky but I mostly use the web site on my computer so that didn't matter to me. Although it's nice to hear they're coming out with a new app.

Lisa from oil and energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

I've used this app for years!

I have literally been using this on a daily basis since 2011. It started as a reminder that i was actually getting smaller important tasks done at a time when i was completing a massive project. From the birds eye view I wasn't making a lot of progress but tracking this on a daily basis helped me realize that i was really chipping away at it. Now I use it mostly for reminding me of all the great things I've done when i put together those mid-year and year end reviews. i always run across accomplishments I had completely forgotten about.

Pros

This is a stellar way to keep track of what you've gotten done which is particularly helpful when preparing for a performance review. I love the feature that looks back in time although i wish that it would look back longer than a year to see what i was doing at that time.

Cons

the typing is a little clunky and editing of an entry can be a pain.

John from Airsupply Tools

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Managers use of iDone

Again, because the comments section does not work easily, problem solving is difficult. The primary use of this program is as a call report. Team interaction is cumbersome.

Pros

Easy to share events and thoughts quickly and in real time.

Cons

The comments area is porly designed. No edit capability and it clearly gets no attention from the designers. Actually, from a managers view point, the comments area is the most important. Even for a sales team, a sales person often reaches out for ideas fro the team and those ideas are very difficult to share. It seems as though the designers do not see the value of comments. I have complained about this issue for 3 years now with absolutely no result and certainly no improvement. Because of this I would be reluctant to recommend the use of this program.

Bryan from Hero K12

An excellent way to celebrate small wins across a remote team

Pros

Helps team members understand the daily plight of their coworkers. Helps us celebrate small wins across the team. Keeps a record of our team progress over time. Allows new team members to integrate into our culture quickly. Holds each other accountable for getting tasks complete. Fosters transparency and open culture, no closed doors.

Cons

The software interface is radically simple. you enter your done's, hit enter, done. The admin interface could use some work. Billing and plan updates are not overly easy to manage. Reporting is very limited, especially when you want to report one individuals done's over time. Also a challenge to report team done's over time. would like to see more graphical data visualization for our ongoing work.

Such a helpful program!

See above.

Pros

I use IDoneThis for both personal and professional reasons. I spend a few minutes every night entering the highlights of my day. I include trips I take that I can use for mileage reimbursement. It also helps me remember when I went to an appointment, or took care of a grandchild, or went to a particular event. I love it!

Cons

I don't have any complaints. I would like to be able to easily capture all my calendar entries as an ongoing diary of my life. I know you can download it to an excel file, which is fine. But, if there were a way to have them compile a monthly/yearly day-by-day account that I could save in a pdf or print, that would be cool. But, I'm happy with what I have.

Michael C. from Aerospike, Inc.

Helps me stay productive

This is a good product. It keeps me motivated as it instills a desire in me to want to report my successes and even my not so successful accomplishments.

Pros

This is an easy tool to use to view my teams accomplishments and doings. From this information I can leverage or assist on projects for which they are tasked or completed. I can communicate to my team my daily accomplishments, and share any future planning. The comments help as I can gauge what others may think and get feedback.

Cons

Comments can't be deleted. Let's have some fun with emoticons or similar items. Might be a bug but I added some accomplishment somewhere in the middle of the night(11pm?-1am?) and it appeared on the wrong day.

Kathleen from Pathways Transition Programs, INC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent Task Recording Tool

I appreciate the export to a CSV file feature... this very easily allows me to provide my management a monthly recap of accomplishments.

Pros

I use the free version to record my own task/done list at work via the Mac App integration (I can log in using my Google acct with a single click). The app just sits on my desktop where I can easily make entries as my day progresses. I especially like having the ability to #tag keywords for easy recaps of particular types of tasks.

Cons

No complaints... although it would be great to have the option to enter single entries (like the old Mac App) vs. adding to a list (smaller footprint on the desktop).

Joan from Professional Medical Fulfillment

IDoneThis is a great solution for keeping our team members connected.

I am a remote team leader so this software keeps me connected with my team. It also allows me to respond to their to-do (or done!) items, offering suggestions, assistance, or congrats!

Pros

Our tasks and goals are completely transparent now, and we can respond to other people's items, ask questions, and offer suggestions and help. As a team leader who works remotely, I feel more connected to my team members and I have a better handle on their pain points - and I can celebrate their successes, as well. IDoneThis allows me to be in the loop on things that I might otherwise miss.

Cons

It duplicates tasks and I'm not sure how to clean that up. On the day the tasks are scheduled, my to-do list looks fine. But when I review a previous day (or when the summary is emailed to me) I often see a long list of duplicated tasks.

Jo from JoLeath dot com

Quick and Easy

Pros

I use this system for tracking income and travel as well as accomplishments. I usually use the 'reply' function on the evening email, and it is fast and simple and stored where I can access it. The fact that I can go to my calendar and search for specific keywords allows me to coordinate information easily and verify dates when necessary.

Cons

The only complaint I have ever felt is when I get distracted and don't complete the daily list. Needing to catch up with three or four days of neglected iDones is 100% my own fault, and I find it sufficiently onerous that I don't neglect it for longer periods.

Sheena from Second Mile Mission Center

iDoneThis does the remembering for you

Pros

This service makes it EASY to track every little task and project I complete. I've been using it for six years. That means if I'm doing first quarter planning, I can go back and look at what I did the first quarter the last few years and see what I can repeat and how I can build on the past. The more you advance in your career, the less you can rely on your memory. iDoneThis does the remembering for me. I often forget my accomplishments, but iDoneThis lets me go back and reflect and see how I've grown. All I have to do is reply to an email iDoneThis sends me every day, and it enters my completed tasks for me. If you don't track what you've done, it's almost as if you didn't even do it. iDoneThis adds tremendous value because it tracks and helps you measure your progress. I recommend this to anyone who will listen.

Cons

Would be nice if I could figure out how to integrate my calendar with iDoneThis.

Awesome product to keep track of daily dones

I have been using iDoneThis for several years now to keep track of what Ive accomplished every day, its great to look back on dones from the past! It super helpful with weekly reviews to go back and see accomplishments for the week and also end of the year reviews. Highly recommend iDoneThis to anyone who wants to be more effective in life!

Pros

- Keeps track of daily dones, which are way more inspring that to-dos - Daily reminders with a digest of last days done and a done from some time in the past (week, month, 3 months, 6 months or year back) which is always interesting to look back at.

Cons

- None as of now! This is truly a remarkable tool.

Angela from Music - Self Employed

Industry: Music

Keeping Track

I'm a musician, music therapist and writer simply keeping track of daily work. I don't work with a team, but I use 'I Done This' to note thoughts and ideas about work and life in general as well as noting the work I've done that day. It's easy to search past entries to review ideas and this takes away some of the fear of losing ideas that might have mileage.

Pros

The 'I Done This' software with its daily reminder email makes it simple to note each day what I've done, as it's easy to forget the detail in a busy life.

Cons

I use the software at a pretty basic level and there's nothing that annoys me about it.

Larry from Denison University

My Favorite Software

I have used IDoneThis for over 5 years and am very pleased with the software. Being retired and out of the mainstream, I do not use or need the team function.

Pros

I am able to have a daily record of important (and some not important) items that occur in my life. I am able to access the program easily and record an item. I'm also able to edit an item thereby following to a conclusion or correction. I also appreciate the search function in which I am able to find occurrence(s) that happens years ago.

Cons

I am unable to sync with my iphone or ipad.

Good for tracking what you've done

Using IDoneThis really helps me feel like I've accomplished things during the week.

Pros

As a knowledge worker, I would often look back on the week and feel like I hadn't gotten anything done. IDoneThis helps me track what projects I've worked on as well as all of the other daily tasks that get thrown in. IDoneThis is easy to use, easy to access, and I really like that you can enter dones and to-dos manually, as well as via email reminder.

Cons

I like the calendar feature, but don't like that I can't click between dates or see, overall, what I've done in a length of time. I have to click on each individual date to see what I've done for the day and that can be quite slow and cumbersome.

Randy from R. L. Martin & Associates, Inc.

Great Way to Track Your Days

It's simple and easy to use and I like the reminders near the end of each day to go in and enter what you did for the day. I love it.

Pros

Easy way to jot down what you've done for the day. I add to it everyday. It's a great way to be able to look back and find what you did on a particular day.

Cons

There's no reordering of what you entered. I like to enter things in the order they happened, but sometimes you forget something and want to add it in later, but there isn't a way to do that without deleting stuff and adding it back.

Phil from Close.io

Great concept, pretty good execution

Pros

The concept is great for remote teams: in place of a daily standup, have a clear way to log what you did each day. This is useful even for people to do individually for themselves to help keep track of where their day went, but becomes especially useful for transparency in remote teams. There are also some nice mechanisms for feedback/encouragement through the ability to "like" coworkers items.

Cons

The email digest is pretty useless in its current form, which was one of my favorite parts of their pre-redesign service. And the main site could be much faster... needs some serious optimization. And more focus/love could be given to integrations.

Zak from Photograpgy

I'm a big fan

Pros

I've used iDoneThis for a long time now, and the thing I like most is the simplicity. It allows me to keep track of what I've done in a quick and easy manner. The ability to go back in time and see what I was doing on a specific day years ago is great.

Cons

I wish I could reorder my dones on a day! There's some real functionality features that I find lacking that I think could improve the platform while still maintaining its simplicity and ease of use.

Julie from Semafores, Inc

We use this as a daily journal of work done for our small startup team.

It definitely helps keep my distributed team motivated and in sync with each other at a reasonable cost. It also provides a useful history to be mind for IP research and work done for investor inquiries. That's why I want the reporting features bumped up.

Pros

It's easy to use. I wish there were a decent mobile app for it. I'd like to see more thorough reports. Like being able to export all the entries for a particular user, for a particular time frame into a nicely formatted PDF. Patterns of use for each individual over time would be nice. You kind of have that, but not quite what I was thinking.

Cons

I really don't like the mac app. It's really a PWA in a headless browser. So, if my internet connection hiccups, so does the app. And it tends to make it a little slow. I'd like to see it as an offline first app which only connects to the internet when necessary

Meher from Aerospike

Room for improvement, especially around notifications across the board!

Pretty good overall... does help the team.

Pros

Does what it is supposed to in general...

Cons

Wish had better options for being notified... if I do comment on someone's done, I would expect to at least have the option to be notified to any responses on that 'thread' (rather than remind folks to add an @mention). Reminders are also a bit too quick to disappear for folks not updating (for example when on vacaction, one would have to get back and reset reminders...).

Timothy from Web Inspect Inc

A Great Tool

Pros

Writing about your work is one of the best ways to keep your work tangible and to be able to hit your goals. IDoneThis makes it incredibly easy to keep an ongoing log of your work, and also to keep a better big picture view of things.

Cons

It seems pretty basic. It used to have some more tools for visualizing your work over time, but they removed all of those some time ago, and it's basically just a calendar now.

Alex from CSSM- Shield Storage

Great Communication Channel

It keeps me informed, and is such an easy to use platform for anyone.

Pros

I like the new platform vs. the one I used in 2014-2016, being able to load goals and check them off is a feature I find really beneficial. Training a new employee to use Idone is more than simple. If they have ever used a social media platform, they can navigate this one just as easily.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes, I really like Idone.

Very simple to use tool for tracking your work.

Great for using with teams and individually. Simple to report on activities done and status updates on projects.

Pros

Great simple tool for tracking work and projects. Simple reporting on what has been done. Great mobile app for iOS (only version I've used).

Cons

Set up and initially very manual. Once activities entered are repeated, it is substantially easier to track.

Response from IDoneThis

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your review. Look out for our mobile App soon! ETA November 1.

Sheena from Second Mile Mission Center

I've been a customer since 2013. No complaints. Easy to use. Good price point.

Records of what I've done. I can see what's working well and where I'm getting the most payoff.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use. At 4 p.m., I get an email that asks me about my dones. All I have to do is take 30 seconds to reply. From doing this, I have years of records of things I've done that are easily searchable, that I otherwise may have forgotten. Sometimes I open the website and directly type my dones. I use my records to plan ahead, pad my bio, and also to celebrate the depth and breadth of what I've done in a given amount of time. It's like a tree is falling in the forest, and now everyone can see it!

Cons

Sometimes I desire more functions, like tracking my time spent on tasks. But maybe the benefit of not having this is iDoneThis' simplicity.

Simple, easy-to-use app to track goals completed each day

Pros

The software is very simple and easy to use, making it painless to track what I complete every day. This helps me reflect on how I spent my time and plan out what I need to do next.

Cons

I wish there was an iPhone app! It would also be cool to integrate with RescueTime so that my time and goal tracking is all in one place.

Enjoying the usage

I am keeping a track of all things I do and even set goals so that can close them one by one.

Pros

Cons

The lack of a mobile app. Sometimes it helps to go to the mobile and type out something which I can't in this case.

Lus from Tynker

I write done my personal achievements every day

Pros

It turned into a very useful habit, every day I actually look back on the day and think about what I did and how I did it. It also works as a personal journal, that let's me look back at what I got done on any given date.

Cons

Can't turn off daily digests, as an individual user (no team). No Android app (that I know of). The ToDo functionality I never got to use.

Bob from MedImage

Keeping track of exercise

Good

Pros

Easy to enter daily log. The monthly calendar shows me how many days of the month I missed in a graphical form. I try to exercise every day but want to at least do 6 days a week. I've had a couple of perfect months so far.

Cons

I wish I could subscribe to it on my calendar app so I could easily see what I did for a given day.

Tim from Marquette University

Lightweight, minimal and easy to use to keep track of your productivity

Easy tracking of small wins and milestones

Pros

I've been an iDone this user for years, and it lets me keep track of the small wins day to day to keep my project motivation up, and also show progress over weeks, months and years.

Cons

I wish I could embed photos or video directly in my "done" lists, so I can go back and use them in social media posts later.

David from Limberlost Consulting, Inc.

Consistent reminder

Keeps me on track.

Pros

It's a consistent reminder to me to record my thoughts at day's end.

Cons

If I miss a day and then try to enter that day's thoughts on, for example, the following day, the day/date defaults to the current day/date rather than to the previous day/date. There are larger issues in the world but it is an irritation.

Jose from Slice

One of the most useful software in my life

Pros

I love that with a single email I can keep track of everything I have done in the day and searching for something it's simple as putting a word or going to a specific date in the calendar online.

Get things done

A simple service for everyone to plan and report their activities, without being naggy. A mail is sent everyday asking what was done, and you only need to reply; then, a digest containing all replies is sent to everyone in the team.

Pros

Daily automatic reminder and daily digest of the team activities

Cons

A bit pricey, specially for the plus and enterprise plans.

Great Utility for Tracking Activity

Pros

The daily emails so that can respond with dones allows me to easily track my daily activities and log them so that can review monthly.

Cons

They have had periodic bugs with replies not being caught by the system. Also I would like to be able to print a monthly report to place in files. But the only option is a csv export.

Christian from 42Angelitos

I just do it

Pros

It is good to list what you have done at the end of a day. I am capturing all activities I can remember including private ones. It is the modern way of having a diary.

Cons

Daily remembers via email let me focus on what remember. If I do not remember much then maybe i have to change behavior next day

Dorothy from Architecture Foundation of BC

I rely on IDoneThis

I use IDoneThis as a journal of activities, which has great value to me. I have found the search capability very useful also when I need to research something.

Pros

It is simple, clean user interface, and does the job I want reliably and without fanfare.

Cons

This may be a reflection on me, but it does what I want it to and nothing more.

Share what you've achieved within teams and enjoy transparency

We replaced daily stand ups and inform each other via iDoneThis within the international multi-location team.

Pros

Cons

We need a mobile app for iOS & Android. We need faster UI performance (I'm using the Electron App for MacOS).

Everyday

This software is my reminder of what I have achieved, rather than a seemingly never ending list of what I need to do. It's reminders of those achievements is my primary reason to keep using it.

Pros

Ease of use, email reminders, clean UI. It just works!

Cons

It would be nice to have an attachment option for photos of achievements, docs etc.

Matt from Sporting Goods

Industry: Research

Mr

Pros

The ease of the daily email response system. Without that I probably wouldn't have stuck with it for so long.

Cons

I'm just a personal user and don't care about the team features so I wish I didn't have to see them. I understand that's the direction of the company though so it doesn't bother me too much.

Sean from PJV Ltd

Idiot proof

I've used it for years as a quick and easy way to record time spent on various tasks/jobs. I don't need a complex timesheet app with loads of bells and whistles, so IDoneThis is perfect for me.

Pros

Really simple to use. The email prompt is a genius idea.

Cons

Calendar view for reviewing entries is not as easy to use as it might be.

Sandra from bookscover2cover.com

Industry: Writing and Editing

I like I Done This because I can keep track of the tasks I accomplish during the day. It helps with an orderly day's work.

Pros

No bells and whistles and easy to use. You get onto the site, input your data, and you're done.

Cons

I can't compare it to other software, but I find I Done This quick and efficient.

Fran from Fitness Within Reach LLC

Useful though I use it only as an individual

Pros

So simple. I only use it via email. It is a good concept that helps me appreciate the fact that I do a lot in a day, even if it's not all work- or money-earning-related.

Cons

I can't get it to stop sending me a digest. All I want is the what did you get done today email -- not a digest.