All Kanbanchi Reviews

Mohammad

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Great tool to help get things DONE!

I would highly recommend it to anyone I know.

PROS

-What makes Kanbanchi so great is how easy to use. -Works perfectly with google platforms, gmail, google drive, etc... -Ability to chat and upload files on the same board or task.

CONS

Limited options and features such as: -Time frame for each board if we can have more on it to customized. -Email notification title should be showing on which board it is related to, something easier to read that you don't need to open the email to check which board is it related to. -Problems when assign boards from gmail directly, when add-ons activated

GOOGLE. Easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Kanbanchi

Kanbanchi is connected to GOOGLE.

JH

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Very Functional with Google G Suite

I work for a nonprofit and you manage many responsibilities. This has helped me organize my projects with ease. I manage projects from advertising, public relations, social media content, video development, market analysis. The learning curve is small. It is really a user driving experience and the customer service is... They get back to you with solutions! I am very pleased

PROS

Integrated into G Suites with no problems Integration with G Mail, easy to assign a task to the Kanbanchi board Calendar integration, I did not have to use a third party and or pay for an expensive platform such as Smart Sheet. I can see my projects on Google Calendar Attaching files is very simple. Easy navigation and can change views to look at project status. I can See my Kanbanchi Board on My Google Drive! I then selected the Kanbanchi board so it appears in my Google Workspace

CONS

At this stage, I currently do not have a like least. I need more time to work with it.

Reason for choosing Kanbanchi

I am a single user and will expand to a small team. This program works very well with the Google platform, seamless. Training of other users will be easy because of the native feel within Google and I do not have to have a third party app for integration! When working with non-techi personnel, setting up third-party apps for a tool is more headaches. With Kanbanchi, my headaches are gone and have reduced my training time with new users. Very simple to use and effective

Reasons for switching to Kanbanchi

I was looking for a project management tool that would reside in G Suites and that I did not have to use a zapier or IFFFT to link my calender or other google products to

Miguel

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Miles away from the competition

Unpleasant, buggy and not really enjoyable

PROS

The tools is pretty straightforward to use and works more or less like every other Kanban type tool. The tools work mostly fine.

CONS

It doesn't feel stable, on multiple occasions I had to rewrite and entire comment because I clicked away from the card or even in the card itself. Design-wise it's a bit confuse and has way to many options on the first level of selection. The cards formatting shouldn't be enabled on click as this usually interferes with the attempt to click on links

Hi Miguel, thanks for sharing your honest feedback. We value each review and are always happy to discuss the possibilities of improving the app with our users. Please feel free to connect with our Support support@kanbanchi.freshdesk.com.

Replied December 2021

Amit

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Kanbanchi for running an effective kanban board

Overall, Kanbanchi is very popular within our devOps team. However due to the expensive costs, only a limited set of users have edit-access to the board, & this curtails the collaboration.

PROS

Ease of implementation. Integration features. Day-to-day usability.

CONS

The cost per seat is ridiculously expensive.

Payson

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Gantt Chart for the Win

I am not a native tech user but the ability to interact with our information in a visual way has been really helpful. Their customer service is extra ordinary, especially for the tech challenged amongst us.

PROS

The ordering of the information in a visible, modular way is a gods’send for the neurodiverse.

CONS

I’m not sure what is involved with developing for iOS specific apps for use on iPhones, iPads and Apple Watch but imagine it must be too much trouble for the moment. More native iOS integration would be helpful but not a deal breaker as you can use it in browser based way. That being said. considering the imperfect integration (from a user point of view) of native iOS apps with themselves over varied Appple devices, maybe they are better steering clear!

Reason for choosing Kanbanchi

The integration with Google Workspace (fka G Suite) which we already use and the Gantt chart functionality

Sylvia

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

For the price is good. I hope still under improvement.

It has been ok.. hasn't been very practical to import my tickets, I waste a lot of time creating or editing one by one at the beginning of every sprint. If wasn't for that, this would be perfect.Thank you for your hard work.

PROS

Easy to use daily, very good visually, makes things easier to visualize. Also the other admin tools, like Gants, burn down, tasklist and swimlanes. I like them all.

CONS

The way to import tickets from csv is a nightmare! It is not easy, it is not practical, is not complete. I still have to manually change things one by one, because I could never import the estimation or the tags. I can't import either personalized fields, or use my template card for importation. I really hope they improve this very important functionality.

Reason for choosing Kanbanchi

Our company uses Google Enterprise. I would have gone with Trello, but they wanted to keep it on the Google platform. I still think that Trello is a bit more versatile. But I think Kambanchi supply our needs for now.

Micha

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Good overall

Overall it was good & the platform covers our need so far & it's a bit more expensive than other platforms

PROS

It offers what we need in terms of project management, task management & tracking and it is compatible & integrated with G suite

CONS

Not sure, maybe the time tracking for tasks, but that is to be tested again.Also it's a bit more expensive than other platforms

Reason for choosing Kanbanchi

because it is fully integrated & compatible with G suite, google workspace

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Very user friendly and preferred over Jira

Very positive. All departments have adopted.

PROS

It's very Google-like and that made it easier for my team to adopt. Tried using Jira before and my team struggled with it so adoption was low. We're not a tech company and this suited us much better.

CONS

Adding users and licenses is not intuitive at all. I would like to see resolution types added to completed tasks. I would like to see this company add a product like Confluence to their range of products.

Reasons for switching to Kanbanchi

More intuitive interface and user experience.

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

One of the best kanban board software I've tried

This is helping me streamline day-to-day tasks as well as keep track of everything that needs to be done with each of my manuscripts during the publishing process.

PROS

It's easy to use and its templates make it easy to streamline processes. Checklists and due dates, along with priorities, make it easy to keep track of what needs to be done and when.

CONS

Not being able to use it offline is one drawback, since there is no way install it direct onto a computer.

Reason for choosing Kanbanchi

Ease of use and features offered.

Reasons for switching to Kanbanchi

Kanbanchi just seems smoother and less reliant on adding extras to each board. Visually, it's easier and more appealing than Trello as well.

chris

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Perfect for these times

My overall experience has been super positive and I'm hoping that we will adopt Kanbanchi across our entire organization. When I'm finally able to return to my workplace, I'm taking Kanbanchi with me.

PROS

While I am sure to have benefitted from using Kanbanchi previous to the Covid-19 pandemic, I was getting by without it because my normal day-to-day schedule and priorities were largely dictated by my teaching schedule. When I found myself working from home and with much more time to focus on neglected projects and new ideas, Kanbanchi came to the rescue. It has allowed me to easily generate and organize my long term and daily objectives, share them with my project partners, and track my time on each task.

CONS

As a newer user, I'm not sure I'm even aware of all the features Kanbanchi includes, and at this point don't feel that anything is missing.

Reasons for switching to Kanbanchi

Drag trial ended and I've found organizing tasks with Kanbanchi easier.

Reviewed June 2021

Kanbanchi - all in one tool for project management

A good project management tool, especially if a person is using agile methods. Somewhat uneasy with managing monumental projects.

PROS

Very easy defining of resources; straightforward overviews, immaculate support.

CONS

Complex integration with other suites like Google Workspace or Office 365

Better tool.

Alan

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Our Bread and Butter for Staff Retention

Kanbanchi provided us with a simple platform to track staffing for a unit of 191 staff, team by team. We were able to track issues such as active or inactive statuses, Within those status groups, timelines in which they were scheduled to return to work, FML and COVID related leave outcomes as well as attrition and retention

PROS

The interface provides a quick and easily customizable platform for use in evaluating multiple metrics and processes at the click of a mouse!

CONS

Based on the past several updates, I would have to say they have both listened to and facilitated many of the changes we had recommended to their CS team .... (Easier movement of boards, attachment and photo uploads, time stamping to track when milestones or timelines have been met, etc.)

Reason for choosing Kanbanchi

We tested other Kanban structured products but based on our needs which are noted above, Kanbanchi was hands down the winner for what we were seeking

Ellen

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Teacher Perspective

Overall, Kanbanchi has been very useful for my students in planning and executing their projects.

PROS

As a computer science teacher, I help my students learn to manage a project through the use of Kanbanchi. Students list the features that they need or want to add to a program and then plan how and when it will be done. They utilize the priority settings to target what is most important, collaborate and assign tasks in their group, use check off lists, store their assets and version control. Students report that they feel that they feel more in control and less overwhelmed when they use this product.

CONS

As a "free for education" I don't have access to the Gantt charts and having sub cards which I would really like to be able to utilize with my students.

Ellen

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Can't do without this program!

My experience has been fantastic. I've used it for several different jobs and Kanbachi has made it possible to stay on top of EVERYTHING, including helping me schedule necessary follow up tasks after primary tasks have been completed. I could not do my job without this program.

PROS

The Kanbanchi Board is the only way I stay on top of the many tasks I need to do, both in this job and previous jobs! It enables me to plan my day, my week, and even the entire year, and keep my task list organized and make sure I'm on top of everything. I use it to plan out all of my weekly and monthly tasks for the year and it keeps me from forgetting anything! Being able to check off each item as I go really keeps me motivated and on track.

CONS

There are no cons to this software for me, other than sometimes it bugs me about linking it to my google account, which I don't want to do. When that happens, it can then be tricky to bypass the prompt and get to my board.

André

Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Great, functional app to connect students in project-based learning.

- Greater transparency in our group-based and project-based activities for student leadership programs. - More engaged team members, having always up-to-date information concerning project progress

PROS

- Easy to connect to student Google Apps for Education accounts, which don't always allow easy access to other apps like Trello or Slack - Very functional and easy to use, all features are well integrated and the app seems very resilient - Great support, quick responses to email tickets and impressive turn around time for feature request implementation

CONS

Knowing that the software continues to grow continuously and features are added, here are notes and feature requests : - the commenting section seems hard to access. We love that we can collaborate on boards, especially since it's so seamlessly connected to Google Apps. However, it's hard to discuss things within Kanbanchi. Perhaps inline messaging within comments, or a notification system for new messages within cards a user follows. - more granular permissions to allow certain users (in this case, students) to be limited in functionalities (assigning or un-assigning others to cards, deleting cards or columns, changing tags, changing wallpapers and other UI elements, etc.)

Kelly

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

The project management application for everyone

I am happy to log in and use this app every single day at work. It definitely helps organize our workflow in ways we did not think we even needed until it was offered as a tool on kanban.

PROS

With color customizations, priority tags, and column grouping, absolutely anyone could find a way to make use out of Kanbanchi for organizing their workplace hundreds of different ways.

CONS

At times I’m not able to see all information on a card, especially if it is older or has a lot of information on it

Stephanie

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Kanban Assessment

After learning the program, it is extremely useful and helpful with organization. still a bit cluttered, but very efficient and customizable

PROS

I like that all projects can be viewed at various stages, with levels of priority, and the ability to customize each, such as with checklists and notes. It's useful for teams of people working throughout the software.

CONS

There is a learning curve, and projects can become confusing when multiple components in each have difficulty being broken down. the search tool can be a bit tricky sometimes, and perhaps more tiers of access could be useful

Melissa

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

review

very reseptive and helpful with trouble shooting

PROS

checklists timelines multiple board prioritzation

CONS

sharing files for users w multiple email addresses that work same boards

ease of use