• Pros

• "Easy to use, great interface, managing workflow is made easy"

• "It is very simple, intuitive, and easy to use."

• "It is simple to use. My favorite part is the built-in timer on the bottom left. This is great for pomodoro time management. "

• Cons

• "The swimlanes are a paid feature which are a nice to have but not critical. You also can't move completed tasks any past date you wish. But these are not big deals"

• "Nothing really, it does its job well. I do wish it had a mobile app instead of just a web interface, would encourage me to use it more on my phone. "

• "The tool almost has too many feature making it more complicated then it needs to be. Maybe if there were more intervention with time sheeting or scheduling we would get more more use of the tool."

Browse KanbanFlow Reviews

Scott from Predictable Hire

The best kanban flow experience, and flexible enough to do just about anything!

This is the best way to visualize tasks and manage work flow. By having an ongoing list in things to do today, any of my team members can go in and pull a task into "Doing Now" - that + pomodoro timers that assign to each task means I can literally see where all the time in my day goes, and visually see how things are moving through the pipeline.

Pros

KanbanFlow is an amazing piece of software, and truly flexible for whatever you need it for. It allows you to visually manage any process, but our company uses it most heavily to monitor our WIP (work in progress) and to manage tasks across multiple users. This allows us to take a quick snapshot of what's being worked on now, what needs to be done today/this week/this month. It also allows us to create an overall work flow ranging from this minute to strategy coming in the next months. We have also used it to track deals in our pipeline but we ultimately switched that to Hubspot CRM because that includes deal values and forecasting while still retaining the Kanban Board aspect. Probably the best part though, and the reason I always come back to KanbanFlow instead of any other Kanban Board is the pomodoro timer. This is the best place ever to use a pomodoro timer for a few reasons: 1) You can assign your pomodoro timer to specific tasks, so it's incredibly easy to later look back and see I spent 5 hours 20 minutes on this task. 2) You can look at your pomodoro statistics. I have no idea how much work I did today until I look at my pomodoro statistics and compare them to how well I normally do.

Gabriel from NetRom

Fast tool for managing Agile teams

We've used this tool (both the free variant and paid subscription) for managing multiple projects in the past. The software is extremely user friendly and everyone from developers to clients loved it. KanbanFlow is heavily oriented on managing large numbers of concurrent work-in-progress tasks (Kanban), so it's dashboard is a collection of swim-lanes depicting the current progress. It allows for registering individual user accounts and assigning these to Agile boards. The developers loved it as it is extremely simple to create a task, to update it's status or to record work. The management & clients liked that they got an easy overview of everything that was getting worked on. The paid subscription, while adding additional functionality and removing some of the limitations, is mostly focused on reports creation and task analytics - the latter was especially appreciated since it makes it easy to highlight time-hogging stories or tasks. All-in-all this was immensely helpful for agile teams; more so when looking at the pricing - while KanbanFlow does not come with all the bells and whistles, it provides a solid feature set for a fraction of the price of other Agile trackers (e.g.: JIRA)

Pros

- Lightweight interface focused on speed, that manages to provide all functionality up-front - Easy to log work hours & easy to export reports - Task management can be easily grouped on multiple boards & teams - It's (paid) analytics feature does provide valuable management information.

Cons

- The free option lacks the possibility to integrate with other mainstream software (however the paid version works with many various services) - Does not allow for on-premises installation, all information is stored on their own servers/cloud. - Workflow customizations are not possible.

Shajid from NHS

Great workflow organizer tool

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use, great interface, managing workflow is made easy

Cons

all works well, user experience is great

Easy to use, better kanban tool than Jira or Monday.com

Leanne from Dance Fusion Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Clarity for daily workflow

Great to assign task for staff so when they arrive for the day the communication of any additional task is there in their Kanbanflow ready. Team member can be given clear instructions from one console without being on site.

Pros

The software is set out so that you can see clearly what tasks are assigned for the day. By assigning tasks with Avatars and colour codes team members can clearly see the tasks they need to undertake for the day making the workflow pattern for the day run with ease.

Cons

You can't see an overview of all the boards on a whole screen.

Simplicity, clear layout.

Sam from Azure Consulting

Lightweight and Free to Use Kanban

It is has been a positive tool for organising my personal workload and communicating it with my team

Pros

The product is free and it is simple. It's lightweight, multi user nature makes it easy for teams and users of varying competency with IT

Free and simple

A very simple kanban board.

The free plan has no limit on the user which is a great feature for me. My team can have unlimited time boards and tasks. I highly recommended kanbanflow.

Pros

After using kanban boards I felt like it solves every problem in my work. I like the simplicity of kanbanflow which helps me to create a board that helps organise my projects and save so unnecessary work. When working in a team I prefer to get all the latest info, and when I saw the board I can see all the latest updates from my team. A time tracker is something very essential for me. I already have used half a dozen time tracker. The free plans have no limit on user nor time.

Cons

I don't like the reporting, which is a bit complicated.

Time tracking.

Kathy from RGA Creative Enterprises, LLC

Free version review: Extremely Nice for Free

Pros

Setting up the boards and using them is extremely easy to do. I have used it for client work - to keep track of the time I have spend on each aspect of each project and this has been very useful for that.

Cons

I am working with the free version - and so this might be available in the pro - but I would really like to have my tasks auto populate onto my MacBook calendar so I can coordinate tasks with meetings and the rest of my planning.

Agile Kanban Board

Kanbanflow is really a very good alternative to the current project management system. The main feature sets are free of cost and price per user is also very cheap. Integration with other applications is also available.

Pros

As a kanban board, it is just a very sleek looking board. I love how simply I can visualise my plans to the customer and involve them in the workflow. The board is super easy, with sorting it is really simple to get all the work by day. Time tracking is a feature that is not so useful as we do work at the site and just add the work status to this field. But when editing photo or video it came alive and give a solution for tracking billable time. I am not a fan of task limiting but subtask and taking a break is just as we need a lot of hydration and sometimes we suffer from dehydration.

Cons

Filter and tags needed to be improved to sort and get all the task according to the specific tag are essential for my work.

Bruno from Studio Hyperset

KanbanFlow is a great tool with a great price

Pros

It's free version already comes with valuable functions. It's board view is easy and great to handle project tasks with support to collaboration and time tracking functionalities.

Cons

It repeat task functionality could be better, showing just what is next to be done, but it only show all the future tasks, which make some tasks to appear in the wrong time.

assistant of productivity

Pros

This is my favourite Kanban tool. Easy to use and has the ability to easily use from mobile. Thanks to this I do not have to have small tasks to do in my head and motivates me to action. I honestly recommend it as a free tool.

Cons

The graphic layout is quite old and we do not have any additional features besides basic ones.

Daniel from Ultimate Software

Excellent and Easy to Use Kanban product

I have so far only used the free version, but I have thought many times I should buy the premium version if for no other reason than to support this great company and product. But with the free version I have all I need. I just use this for personal use. Where I currently work, they're already invested in Atlassian JIRA, so I can't influence them to purchase KanbanFlow, but if I am ever at another company or job where it comes up, I would enthusiastically recommend KanbanFlow. (Because compared to JIRA, KanbanFlow is so much easier and faster to use). I use this to track my Personal To-Do's and to track my Work To-Do's. I'm a software developer and when I get hot and heavy on a large complex project, I break down the work into tasks on cards, and it helps me organize and focus so much more. It's very easy to set up a board and add cards to it. I use the subtask checklist a lot, and I sometimes use the color coding too. It's so easy to move cards around the board. I haven't needed or tried to track history on a card, or track time, but those features (especially the time) seem to be available. The mobile website is great too, and I am able to move cards around or add/edit cards using chrome browser on my andriod phone, and it works surprisingly well.

Pros

Easy to use and fast. Setting up a board, adding entries to it, moving them around, is incredibly easy, intuitive, and fast.

Cons

Adding labels is a little slow. I wish I could add labels to cards more quickly and easily. As a result, I don't use the labelling feature much.

Ronald from Myron Manufacturing

Productivity boosted!

KanbanFlow helped us organize a large set of tasks for a team of 19 people. Management also was able to create their own boards so we can keep track of different situations and on different levels. We never encountered problems setting up accounts and the site is always available and stable. We would be lost without it at this point! Users can activate e-mail notifications when a task is assigned to them which is useful if you ever have a reluctant users that says too much "I wasn't checking the board during the day".

Pros

*How easy and intuitive it is even for people that has never used something similar *Includes so many useful features that have covered so far all situations we have encountered to keep track of the tasks *Allows to manage different boards which is awesome for management *Setting up accounts is quicker than you can imagine *Makes you stay so organized that it's impossible to stop using it *Stays efficient even with large teams

Cons

*Doesn't allow me to remove the colors I'm not using on the bottom legend without entering the settings menu. Just a little detail that could be easily implemented. *There's no role in the boards that allowd users to only see it without editing rights. I guess it's linked to the concept of the metodology but it's been needed in a few opportunities.

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

My favorite Kanban webapp

Pros

All the basics of Kanban are available in the free tier. For a freelancer working with a single client, as I've done in the past, the free tier is probably all you need to get things done. I used Kanban Flow extensively for about 20 client projects, and then started using Slack. I've recently come back to KF, however, because it's much easier to stay focused and see how far you need to go to finish. Free tier includes unlimited boards, and that's awesome. The webapp is wicked fast on Chrome. I mean really really fast. Premium tier is fairly priced. Powerful premium features. The app gets lots of attention from devs and is updated frequently.

Cons

Administration of boards is a bit tedious, requiring several clicks, and then clicks back to start over with a fresh board. I can't find any way to increase the font size, other than zoom in Chrome. Advanced functionality isn't free, and I imagine if you're a business with more than a couple team members, you'll need the premium tier.

Ling Ling from Pronoun

Industry: Publishing

Free version works great as a daily to-do list if you work online

Planning vertically (aka using a vertical list) seems to work better for me so I was glad to be introduced to Kanban Flow, and that they offer a permanent free version since, at first, I just wanted to test it out -- I've been using it ever since.

Pros

These are based on the free version. * Offers free and premium version (the free version works great for me) * Acts like a vertical to-do list * Offers different colors so you can color code if you'd like * Offers the ability to add subtasks * Can set multiple reminders * Can be shared with other users. * Links are hyperlinked.

Cons

These cons are limited to the free version. * Different colors are offered but the options are limited. * The default "In Progress" section always expands each task automatically when you first sign on or refresh the page. * Reports aren't available if you don't use pomodoro (there is a log though that shows up to the past 14 days). * I tend to end up only using the "In Progress" column as a running to-do list. * Can't attach files in the free version. * It'd be nice if we could add sub-sub tasks.

Great and easy-to-use software that helps me stay organized at work every day.

It helps me stay very organized and on top of things with big and little tasks at work. Whenever I remember something that I still have to do I'll just quickly add a reminder or task for myself or the team in the appropriate column. That way I never forget anything I have to do and stay productive.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the design and how easy it is to use overall. It is exactly what I would expect from a software that helps me be productive and keep my workflow organized. It's incredibly easy and convenient to quickly add a tasks or reminder, even on the busiest of days, so it won't slip your mind. And I love the flow of columns you can move your tasks through as you're trying to get things done.

Cons

I think the actual design is a bit dated, I just don't love the look of the software as much compared to what else is out there.

Jeff from Schaefer Flight

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great but light on features

It has been my personal and work task list for the last few years. It has been very useful at keeping me organized and focused.

Pros

Cons

You can add a checklist to a kanban card but you can't put subchecklists inside of a checkbox. I often like to break out complex tasks with further levels of detail and this would be a nice way to do it.

Fantastic Swimlanes!

Clear visual project management and excellent time keeping tracker for each task

Pros

Kanban flow is a visually pleasing and ever expanding process app. I use it for all my project management and especially love the pomidork timer function. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software

Daniel from Vidak

Industry: Furniture

Basic Kanban Tool

I wanted to experiment with kanban task boards, and this was a great initial platform. I have since moved on to using another product with more features, but kanbanflow is definitely worth looking into for a basic, easy-to-use solution.

Pros

Compared to other kanban software, this one is really simple and easy to use. Get rid of the sticky notes on a whiteboard and use this instead! Very easy learn and start using. I used the free version, which was great for my needs. However, you can also go on subscription to get the full raft of available features.

Cons

If you are looking for a kanban with lots and lots of features, you may find kanbanflow a bit lacking. It's real strength is its straightforward and easy-to-use design.

Josh from DNSFilter

Stellar task manager, better than Trello

I am using this now as my full-time task manager. It does two things very well: simply lays out all of your cards, and allows you to time your work on each of your tasks. I like that the pomodoro timer isn't "fake". It is tied to whatever task you are working on, and you can easily switch tasks mid-pomodoro, and the appropriate time is logged to each task. So at the end of the week I can see by color, by label etc how much time I spent on everything. I only have two minor gripes. One is that the UI is starting to get dated, the other is that recurring tasks show up again after you mark them complete. This is not a bug or anything, its just annoying to see it pop right up again. It feels like I was robbed of my gold star of completion. For now, I have an external system setup instead, on a cron job. So these tasks get posted to the API and show up on the board.

Pros

I liked the pomodoro timer as well as the simple layout.

Cons

Completed recurring tasks get put immediately back onto the board. Would love the option to hide them until near the time it recurs.

The Easiest Kanban Software

KanbanFlow has helped our team stay on the same page and increased our efficiency, productivity, and communication.

Pros

KanbanFlow is easy to use. The UI is easy to look at and the software is easy to learn. The program is pretty simple, yet it's very capable of handling just about anything you throw at it. It also connects to Outlook, which notifies other team members when they have a task due.

Cons

It's not pretty. There are other options that are more pleasing to look at, but that should not make you avoid it.

Joseph from Grant Community High School

This tool is a great way to keep organized

Pros

We have been using this to keep our team up to date on where our various projects are progress wise, and make sure everyone knows what they need to do.

Cons

It would be nice if there were some charts and reports that could be run like there are in a few alternative tasking apps (like Wrike). However, KanBanFlow has been great.

Dorothy from OriGen Biomedical

Industry: Medical Devices

Easy Task Manager (free version)

By writing down all tasks and color coding them by role, I have learned which things are taking up a lot of my time. I have created columns for "Waiting on Someone Else" and "Redirected From" so I can see where tasks are stalled for reasons beyond my control.

Pros

The customization of columns and colors are perfect. I set each work role as a different color so I can tell at a glace which role a task belongs to. I enjoy dropping things in the Done column. I use this as a communication tool with my supervisor by sharing my board.

Benjamin from Barberville Baptist Church

My #1 Product Recommendation for 2019

I work multiple jobs in addition to owning a business. This software helps me manage everything from personal finance to client communications.

Pros

I use KanbanFlow every day to manage my life. It is user friendly and integrates with other products I use like Google Calendar.

Cons

User interface isn't particularly attractive.

This is one of the first things I look at every day and love it!

Pros

It is very simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

Cons

There isnt anything I dont like about this software.

Good Tool for team collaboration

Overall the use of kanban boards has given us a great start in organising outlet workloads equally and providing individual and team accountability. Its a great tool as a starter but need to as you would expect be used along side other applications.

Pros

We use the tool frequently to manage team and project tasks, we find the rocccurong task settings really useful for mapping monthly and weekly tasks! You can assign tasks to individuals which can be shared and filtered as needed. The card can list a number of subs tasks making it really clear on track g process as they move across the board swim lanes.

Aimee from Rise and Shine

Excellent task management for busy people!

Pros

My favorite thing about Kanban Flow is the Pomodoro Timer. It keeps me focused and on task. It allows me to work in sprints and knock a bunch of tasks off my list - it's a fantastic productivity tool.

Cons

The version I use isn't as nice-looking as other tools.

Andrew from NSI

Excellent kanban

Pros

Simplify the communication with others on some projects able to see at a glance anything that needs attention through color coding Integrated to google calendar

Cons

cannot add custom field only tags are available cannot change to other view ( list view, calendar view, etc) cannot switch kanban view to other details (view by topic, view by member, etc)

KanbanFlow keeps me organized!

Pros

I love KanbanFlow -- it's a simple and easy design and helps keep me on task! It's the best to-do list I've ever had!

Cons

Nothing -- I love KanbanFlow and will continue to use it.

Scott from Strong-Bridge Consulting

Used it to develop a Kanban Board for a software development process.

Solved our problem at very low cost.

Pros

Easy to use. Demo version allowed for proof of concept in one day. Provided a number of fields that fit directly to our requirements.

Cons

It would have been nice to have the ability to rename certain fields to suit our local conventions and names. Also, there is some difficulty deleting values from selected fields.

Tom from Grant Community High School

Keep an active list of all the things going on in one place

This software keeps my personal and professional life organized. Not only myself but for my team members.

Pros

This is the single best software that has improved my organizational abilities and keeps me on task. It allows me to see a visual representation of what needs to be done and what's been completed in a visual manner that easy to understand.

Cons

Not sure because I use the free version of hte software, but it would be great to have more colors to identify categories.

Bill from Texas Storm Kenpo Karate

My Opinion

Overall I LOVE this software and will continue to use it for years.

Pros

I love this software. It is easy to learn and use!

Cons

I own a self defense studio and wish that I could adjust the length of the breaktimes to match the length of my classes. Some are 45 minutes and others are 60 minutes

Good for group project management

Very good project management software.

Pros

It has worked well of us when managing multiple projects with many different collaborators. I like that I can control what the different columns are called and that everyone has their own dashboard

Cons

I think the price is a little high for what this software can offer. I feel like its a little to limited on what it can do, I think its a great idea that they could take further to incorporate more of like a to-do list feel.

October 2014

Shahid from NTES TECHNOLOGIES

October 2014

Good combination of Pomodoro and Kanban

I had been using online Kanban tools for project and task management among different teams in my organization for last several months and things were going well but the problem I had been facing was the lack of Timeboxing. I explored and studied about the Pomodoro technique and Flow. After reading through it and downloading a few nice Pomodoro timer applications, I realized that an integration of Kanban and Pomodoro could be good combination to get the tasks done in timely manner. I wished there had been a tool available with both techniques combined and luckily I found KanbanFlow, a perfect combination of Kanban and Pomodoro tools. I have started using it and going to implement in my organization very soon. Although it's a very nice tool but there's always a room for improvement. The user interface design can be improved to match some other similar tools and few other features can also be added. A native mobile app along with Pomodoro timer would add a great value to it. I wanted to give 4.75 but as it accepts only whole numbers so I am rounding it off to 5.

Best kanban board

Pros

So the free version is great. All functions needed for personal Kanban are there.

Cons

It is a pity that swimlines function are paid. Mobile version could be an app not webpage

Volodymyr

Easy and fast Kanban Flow

Pros

This is the best solution I've ever seen. Please add multilingual (Russian, Polish). I can help with the translation. Thank you so much! Don't stop!

Cons

In the free version, you need to make it available to attach files - at least up to 10 MB. I would like to see a special application for iphone.

Jamie from Wake Up With Leads

Great for task management!

It has been a great and simple to use task management software. Has helped productivity in my business.

Pros

I love its clean user interface and it is so easy to use. I also really like the timer function. This software provides a better experience for task management than competitors like Trello.

Cons

I really have no complaints about this software. It is easy to use and I prefer it over other task management software.

KANBAN Easy Tool

Overall a great experience in using this Tool

Pros

This tool is greatly helpful in creating KANBAN work flow. Easy to maintain tasks and assign to various team members

Cons

This tool can slightly improve in usability

Patricia from theprintersgroup, llc

Industry: Printing

This works fantastic for my business needs - went through 10 or more software

I'm able to keep up with my workflow and manage my task better.

Pros

Easy to customize, shows me everything on the board, don't have to open another section to see more details.

Cons

Ability to select colors for the column HEADER versus the task and more vibrant colors. Just started with the program so I need more time to make additional comments.

Paul from OpsLogik Solutions

Review of KanbanFlow

Pros

It has a completely free version, with limited functionality, but enough to get the basics of Kanban implemented without any additional fees.

Cons

The functionality of the software on the free version is very limited, obviously. The paid version has more functionality but there is no customization possible (that I'm aware of).

Andoni from AndoniSilva.com

Best alternative to Trello

Pros

It's simpler than Trello and has some features that make it very good to organize all your tasks. It's integrated with pomodoro timer which is great!

Cons

Not any cons found for this... I'd just suggest to add some extra features to the free version

Tony

Organize your day

Pros

Hi, so this kanbanflow is new for me, but it helps me organize my day. I put days in colums, and many taksk to done them.

Cons

It could look a little bit better. More clean like material desing.

Brandon from Health Insurance Innovations Inc (HIIQ)

Strong tool, hopefully they'll keep focusing on new features.

It's a good tool but could improve the UI and card features with adding images, links, text styles and attachments. There are better alternatives but KanbanFlow could be a great tool if they keep improving.

Pros

It's easy to use and helps us keep on track. The UX is better than average. There's good control over notifications.

Cons

The UI could be improved a lot like in how things are diplayed on the cards. There are design hierarchy issues. Also there are alternatives that offer more features. Adding links, images, attachments etc. involves using markup. It would be so nice to have interface features that allows my to apply text effects more simply like bold, italic or changing color. More text editor tools and being able to attach images or files without using markup would be great. I never love user-based pricing even though so many companies do it.

September 2015

Al from Metro Nashville Public Schools

September 2015

We were asked to use this application at work, for project management

Pros

If you are used to Kanban methodology, this is very straightforward to use. It is a decent project management tool if the team is committed to it.

Cons

It seems antiquated. Not very intuitive for first-time users. Some important functionalities like calendar view are hard to find. It is also difficult to direct-message, particularly on mobile devices.

Justas from Present Connection

Not as good as the alternatives

Pros

Easy to use task system Capable permission and administration tools Nice color coding, allows to mark importance, or differences between tasks

Cons

Outdated UI makes administrating the tasks a bit of a pain. There are certainly better alternatives on the market

Paid Plans Are the Best

Good. I think it's a middle of the line product.

Pros

I like that when you use it you can easily move tasks around between the bord section and everyone can do this visually together.

Cons

Some of the features are limited when it comes to looking at how much your team is accomplishing and tracking progress.

November 2015

ritwik

November 2015

David from URBANISTA Brokers Inc.

KanbanFlow is okay!

Pros

The app ran nice and smooth. So performance was not much of an issue. I did like the overall look of the app!

Cons

Overall its was okay! I have used many other tasks managers I prefer to this app, but not a bad one! I'd still use it with no issues!