What are Lucidchart users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Lucidchart software through verified user reviews

1,430 Reviews

• icon"I like that I can make any type of chart and it's super easy to use. I prefer this to any other ones I've used in the past."
  • icon"I love that this program is easy to use - as someone who creates a lot of process maps and manages a lot of projects, Lucidchart is a wonderful too."
  • icon"I have also categorized it my diagram type and project type. Lucid just allows you to configure anything you can think of and that is what makes it super powerful."
  • icon"This bad user experience could have been avoided by simply letting me know beforehand."
  • icon"Sometimes the arrows from one action box to the next get a bit wonky and crazy. Not the end of the world, but slightly annoying sometimes."
  • icon"My only complaint is that Lucidchart mixes notation from Crow's Foot and Chen's notation, making some aspects of the design slightly confusing based strictly on the theory of ERDs learned in class."

Browse all Lucidchart Reviews

• Have you used Lucidchart and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,402 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,402 reviews

Quick and Easy Mind Maps

Axel

Creative and useful

I have used Lucidchart to create diagrams and flows of many kinds of projects. It is a great software to visualize data and processes

Pros

This software has every possible features and tools to let creativity and hardwork flow.

Cons

I have nothing to complain. Very useful software

Lucidchart is a Great Web-Based Alternative to Visio

We use it for technical architecture diagrams, business process mapping, flowcharts, swim lane diagrams, etc.

Pros

Easy to use. Free to use. Ability to collaborate with others and store on Google Drive. Web based, so no local software needed on your computer.

Cons

I feel like it doesn't have as many as shapes as perhaps Visio does.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Visio became too expensive. Plus, you need it installed locally since there is no web version.

OK Option

Pros

This software can be used to chart, diagram and track workflows, network diagrams, project management, etc. It's versatile and is fairly powerful.

Cons

There is a learning curve that makes this user-unfriendly to non tech savvy users. More complicated than competitors and difficult at times to find basic features and functionality.

Samuel

February 2022

This might be the most intuitive User Interface...EVER

The first time I presented a chart I made with the free version - a simple, clean 1-page flow-chart - to colleagues, C-level officers in other departments immediately asked if I had graphic design background (I do not), and then asked what I used to make this and how can we get it! It really did lead me - through my consideration of my own designs - to new insights about business processes that I had been managing for several years.

Pros

Remarkably easy to go from no experience with production or design of charts to making professional-looking outputs that will wow your colleagues. Even the free version can put our really incredible-looking product with east. I cannot overstate how intuitive the UI is - anyone with a willingness to explore even the features will be richly rewarded. The collaboration tools are on par with those in MS Office or Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Cons

A stand-alone app would be nice, but perhaps that is just me being old-fashioned. This web-based version works just fine for me in Chrome, though I cannot vouch for other browsers.

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

Cheaper, straightforward pricing, easier to use for non-specialists.

Rob

Industry: Information Services

May 2022

A powerful tool for collaboration

Overall I have had a very positive experience with Lucid Chart. It has allowed me to work in a more seamless manner when it comes to cross-team collaboration.

Pros

Lucid Chart makes it easy for me, as a remote software engineer, to collaborate with the UX team and discuss design and workflow implementations. It allows me to gain access to information in a sleek sophisticated way and makes it easy to exchange information with relevant parties.

Cons

Lucid Chart is full of features that ensure the learning curve to fully using it is steep. If the documentation was a little better it might have made this process easier.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

This decision was made by the product manager.

Sheryl

March 2022

Chart my Organization

Overall it was so easy to use. I will use it again for other opportunities.

Pros

This was so easy to use. I couldn't believe it.

Cons

It was difficult finding a way to add a title to our organizational chart.

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

It looked easy and had a trial use.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

We wanted to make an organizational chart easy.

Gaurav

April 2022

Value for money, great features for creating complex architectural diagrams

Overall, lucidchart is a must have tool if you are in a product engineering team where multiple teams collaborate on designing architectural diagrams and procedural diagrams. The tools is less expensive and definitely a value for money

Pros

1. Its integration with third party tools including atlassian products and gsuite helps in overall project management. 2. Share button, using which diagrams can be shared with the permissions enforced on it. 3. Built in templates to get started easily 4. Security, as it is encrypted 5. Export option 6. Easy to use, simple but powerful interface and less expensive

Cons

1. Sometimes auto update and resizing becomes difficult. 2. Formatting the shapes 3. Export has limited options

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

Less expensive and more built in templates. Easy to integrate with collaboration tools

Nicole

Lucidchart is awesom

Great, love it.

Pros

I love that it integrates with confluence

Cons

Lucidchart is great but it needs more BPMN symbols

Integration with Confluence

Mihajlo

Industry: Program Development

April 2022

Project your solutions in a creative way

I have a great experience with Lucidchart. I use this software on a weekly basis. It’s just amazing.

Pros

Lucidchart can simplify the way you share your opinion about a new solution, new design or a process that can help your team understand your creativity in finding solutions. From my point of view the most amazing thing about this software is how fast you can prepare your diagrams or process through a chart.

Cons

The thing that bothers me the most about this software is how the premium options and the price of them are not available for all users.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Easy and faster to create your charts.

Kristofer

Industry: Chemicals

The facility is in Lucidchart

Ease and comfort, I don't use any other program when it comes to making diagrams, I'm so used to Lucidchart that I can't change it honestly, it's very easy to use.

Pros

The ease of adding elements is amazing, as well as the quality of working together in real time, it does not take long to reflect what someone else is doing, everything is fast, the tools that are given and the freedom to do whatever there is in terms of diagrams.

Cons

It could be your file limit in the free version, you can only work with three files, and when you make a new one the others can only be read. Another bad thing is that they do not save the user settings in some tools, such as arrows.

Lucidchart: The Best Diagramming Software

Overall, Lucidchart is an excellent diagramming software and offers impressive features at a very reasonable price. For its ease of use, sharp look, and great value, I would wholeheartedly recommend Lucidchart to anyone who needs to create a diagram.

Pros

Lucidchart is definitely one of the best diagramming software out there and it is very beginner friendly. This is shown in the fact that 99% of the Fortune 500 companies use LucidChart. There are countless templates to choose from that look professional and clean. The web app is incredibly responsive and smooth to use, which can be experienced when resizing and moving elements on a canvas. The user experience is really good all around and the user interface is straightforward and intuitive. There are also mobile apps available which is useful to have. Not only this but Lucidchart also has great collaboration features that allow users to work together on a diagram in real time. Moreover, Lucidchart has many keyboard shortcuts to make work a lot more efficient and fast. They are quite conventional among diagramming software so it took me very little time to learn. There is also a layering feature in Lucidchart which intuitively allows you to create diagrams within diagrams. In diagrams, there are also smart diagrams which keep your diagram clean and tidy.

Cons

Lucidchart does not have any desktop apps which may be a disadvantage but the web app can be used offline and is as fast as any desktop app. Also the customer support is not great as other competition and there is no easy way to contact the support.

Easy to use business process mapping software

Overall pretty good and easy to use software for business process mapping for anybody that needs to pump out process maps fairly quickly. You can quickly churn out process maps with a relatively small learning curve and can access your saved diagrams through any browser.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use business process mapping software that can be used through the browser. I was looking for a MS visio replacement to run workshops with and this met my needs. I like the pre-built templates and the fact that i can have my colleague update the same business process map at the same time im using it (only available if you upgrade). The ability to publish to a MS visio format and a weblink is also useful. You can access the software directly on your browser as a SAS so it doesnt require any installation of software which makes it convenient if you're jumping between computers (it allows you to access your diagrams anywhere since its stored on the cloud)

Cons

-There's some minor glitches when mapping out business process lanes and performing some of the tasks. Formatting the process maps can be annoying sometimes and it does not have all the formatting customizability that a more robust business process mapping tool like MS visio has. Sometimes the browser is not responsive if you go idle for too long. -I don't like the fact that users need to register/create an account if I want to share the published link with my business process maps to them -Costs are kind of a turnoff because I'd rather pay a one time fee rather than a subscription cost since its not every day you'll be using this software

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

cloud based software with no installation required; can be accessed through browser

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

couldn't get visio installed on my company issued laptop on time but needed to map out several business processes so i used lucidcharts instead

Maciej

Industry: Translation and Localization

One of the best mind-mapping tools on the market

Lucidchart is easy to use out of the box, has tons of features making it useful in basically every use case I can imagine. No cheap customer lock-in. You can easily export your projects and switch to another tool.

Pros

Abundance of features, which makes this software so versatile. You can basically use it for every task and project. I mainly use it for mind-mapping and brainstorming, but it's also equally useful for taking notes, story-boarding, gathering ideas, presenting, drawing graphs, schemes and organisational charts, Gantt timelines, or even team building (it works great as an online whiteboard). What I really love is ease of use and multitude of features. Every time I wish I could do something, it turns out it's possible. Seems like developers really thought about everything and listen closely to their users and use cases. Also, you don't really feel that the software is locking you in--you can export your projects to similar software/platforms, e.g. Visio.

Cons

Getting to know some features takes time and energy, documentation and tool tips have some space for improvement. Also, licencing model could be more friendly for small companies or people who use it as backup/auxiliary software only (en entry level paid subscription model).

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Abundance of additional features, ease of use, short learning curve, user-friendly UI.

One of the most innovative diagramming collaboration tools out there!

The business problems I've been solving with Lucidchart is to create process maps and value stream maps to clearly outline the detail so that it is easy for developers and designers to glean from. It allows me to add a lot more perspective and content so that critical details don't fall through the cracks. Excellent for real-time collaboration and to even have brainstorming sessions.

Pros

The features I like most about this software is the easy set up and I can get going right away. The quick virtual tour is very helpful when it comes to knowing all the different available features. Collaboration is awesome in real-time. Excellent customization available. I have my own template sets and custom shapes that I use most often saved to my favorites. I have also categorized it my diagram type and project type. Lucid just allows you to configure anything you can think of and that is what makes it super powerful. Version history feature and status label on the diagrams comes in handy to track revision control as well. Layers are one of my favorite features because it allows to showcase multiple views of a diagram without taking up too much real estate and is so easy to show/hide based on user preferences. The different ways to share and collaborate like publish links, pdf, png, hyperlinks etc. are super useful to share and collaborate on documents even if the feedback giver is not proficient with Lucidchart.

Cons

The community is not very helpful. The moderation of the community can be better and it would be nice to have specific channels than one open community as most of the content I see there is irrelevant to me. Notifications are easy to miss and doesn't really catch your attention. It's not possible to share folders within a Team Folder which is constraining because then I have to share the whole workspace with someone that I don't want to just so they can access a specific folder or file. Permissioning is tricky as it works sometimes but doesn't work other times. I have to do some extra manual work to pretty up the diagrams and make it fit the canvas all while the content can still be read and visible. It would be nice if that was automated.

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

It was a company wide decision.

Makes Process Mapping Fun

It's been a great tool for our team over the years to help colleagues put their ideas and processes into visual form.

Pros

Lucidchart has some incredible functionality that makes it easy to not only prepare a great flowchart to go into documentation but also to layer in relevant information based on the party that needs to see it as well as allowing the user to present the materials easily to a group of people or to share the work with others.

Cons

At present there aren't many complaints. Minor issues with formatting shapes often come up, but that's primarily when I want to treat Lucidchart like a design tool such as InDesign rather than using it for creating process maps and doing other diagramming work that doesn't need the level of detail that ID or Photoshop provide.

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

Both were offered through our organization on a trial basis for a year. Our project manager came to work for us a Visio user but after using Lucidchart (reluctantly at first) he quickly realized the benefits of switching to Lucidchart.

Kishore

My Review after using Lucidchart.

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations. The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

Pros

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES: - Flowcharts - UML - ERD - Wireframing / iOS Mockups - Network Diagrams - Org Charts - Mind Maps - BPMN POWERFUL & EASY TO USE: - Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality - Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx) - Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost - Dedicated support team to address your questions BUILT FOR COLLABORATION: - Real time collaboration - Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators - Powerful version control and revision history - Group chat and comments - Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites SECURE & RELIABLE: - All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption - Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers - 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers - Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements ROBUST FOR ADMINS: - Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users - Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation - Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

Cons

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Easy to use charting software with a wide range of advanced features

I was able to create flowcharts for marketing processes and export them to PDF for sharing with my client with a minimum of fuss. The outlay is small compared to a fully-fledged application like Microsoft Visio, even though it seems to have a similarly large feature set.

Pros

It was very easy to get up and running with Lucidchart - the enormous collection of starter templates meant that I was able to find a similar chart to the one I needed to create and get the right objects loaded up straight away. The interface is very similar to a desktop application, despite the fact that it's running in a browser - it even has keyboard shortcuts. There are tons of features and integrations that I never even got around to using, as my charting requirements were quite simple.

Cons

The sheer range of features available in the software was a little daunting at first. A simpler interface for people who only need a subset of features might be a helpful addition.

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

The lower cost was the initial reason, but after using Lucidchart for a while, I believe it offers a better user experience.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

I didn't want to invest in a new licence of Visio, and found that Lucidchart had all the features I needed for a much smaller financial commitment.

Matthew

Beats Vizio Hands Down!

I am responsible for projects that are needed to enhances processes for my department, and Lucidchart has made this a million times easier than it was when I used Vizio. I also have to create the process flows for my staff, and again this has made my life so much easier, and given me a lot of time back in my which is simply priceless!

Pros

The ease of use, and pre-made templates for all things 'flow' are phenomenal. I used to use Vizio, but Lucidchart is so much easier, and intuitive, to use. I use for everything from org charts to project/process flows - have even used to make a floor plan for our department.

Cons

There is nothing I have come across yet that would be a negative from me. I have used templates from almost every section and have others throughout the organization using it now too.

Reasons for choosing Lucidchart

Again, it was the sheer ease of use, and jam packed features of Lucidchart that made it stand above the rest. Basically, if you need flowchart software, then Lucidchart just can't be beat!

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

I needed an easier solution. Vizio was tough to get folks used to using, and had a steep learning curve that Lucidchart just did not have. The templates in Lucidchart were also a big sell in switching, as the training documents ones literally walk you through how to best use them as they are being built.

Lee

Industry: Computer Games

Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!

In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pros

Pros First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price plans available (including a FREE Plan) there is an option for you to get your own online storage which is great to keep all your charts and diagrams available online to access in a pinch, but if you need a chart or diagram download there are many different download options available including one of my personal favorites the .png format. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re a student there is a free upgraded account you can get.

Cons

Cons If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

Lucidchart - great tool for diagrams

Lucidchart has been an easy to learn, useful diagramming tool. it's extremely simple to integrate with atlassian tools which makes it all the more valuable for my organization. There are minor quirks of the tool, but overall, a great value for the price.

Pros

being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. it integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

Cons

responsiveness can lag at times; however, the ease of accessibility outweighs any slowness. the "canned" color fill selections could be improved for efficiency in customizing content. Lastly, the user interface is not as intuitive as other programs. I often find myself having to use the help/search box to find out where to find a specific feature/funcion.

Stephen

Great tool for collaborative process mapping

Very happy and have been recommending Lucid to other organizations.

Pros

Ability to share maps across team members across time zone is terrific. Acting as the central repository, we have eliminated the emailing of files between members and the attendant issues with version control. I am looking forward to trying to use "layers" which i have seen in a demo but not actually tried yet. Commenting and ability to call out team members to comment (with the "@name" feature is great. UNLIMITED collaborators is a massive WIN !

Cons

It can be difficult to easily select text inside shapes or grouped objects - this often necessitates triple clicking or multiple double-clicking. It would be nice if Team Folders was available in the basic subscription, not having this has driven us to have a single large document with multiple sheets/tabs. Large documents are slow to load and manipulate.

Need to collaborate

Aaron

Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool.

Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams. I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product. I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options. 2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options. 3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users. 4) Easily lock down access to documents. 5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from 6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Cons

1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Software license requirement of Visio. Limited collaboration options.

Helps understanding overall system flow and for presentations

I truly recommend Lucidchart to everyone. It helps students and as well as professional.

Pros

I used Lucidchart for multiple purposes. Firstly, i used it during implementation of database schema designing. It provided me an overall picture and the conflict with the keys that may arrive. I also used to create data flow diagrams and use case diagram. This way i could understand the flow of a system from each layer to the other and i found this quite useful. Whenever there was an enhancement, i just used it to see the different perspective.

Cons

There was nothing that i did not like about this software. I found it helpful with the variety of charts i could use.

Kent

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

Pros

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

Cons

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,402 reviews