Browse Miro Reviews

Maszni from Astro

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro has a digital whiteboard that we really need to make the online discussion session more meaningful.

Satya from Berkley Insurance Company

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.

Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end

I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros

Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons

Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions Slow pace of feature development No offline capabilities

Andoni from fiRZT Arquitectos

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage. It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas. It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace. I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand. Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile. Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork. In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas. I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro. Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture. I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference. It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

João from emergn

Lifesafer since we all add to work remotely

It was a lifesaver on my team remote work, I'm so happy with this tool that even if we go back to the office I will still going to use it

Pros

ease of use, learnability, collaboration features, integrations, and community templates and help

Cons

there are some minor bugs when using the text tool (on copy and pasting, when we need to use the spell checker), either than that I don't have any complaints

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I've liked it from the first time I've used Miro, after some time I had to use Mural for a client project and my experience was significantly lower

Juliane from ID Personal English

Game change

All in all Miro has changed the way I work and interact with my students. I use the platform 8 hours a day and I am just in love with it, mainly now that Zoom and Miro are integrated. Considering the fact that Miro was not planned for language teachers use, it is a great tool.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is the fact that my clients can have free access to every single class I have ever taught them and they can interact and send me their doubts at any time of the day. The templates I have easily created using the customized dashboard changed completely the way I teach my students. I can use a variety of tool as kaban, mind map and others that allow me to teach more exciting class.

Cons

What I like the least about Miro is the fact that the platform does not allow me to add MP3n files to my boards, which would make my classes even more atractive.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I chose Miro because I teach one-to-one classes and all the other boards kind of followed a standardized tool which would make my lessons look the same and that`s not the way I teach.

Anderson from Evoluum

The best whiteboard

The Miro is the best virtual whiteboard. Fantastic tool for any type of work. For example to quickly design a software architecture and share it with everyone at a meet.

Pros

The power and ease of sharing ideas to an agile squad.

Cons

Have more models of visual objects and variations of objects.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Due to the simplicity and ease of use of Miro.

Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards

Fantastic, I recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I love that it allows multiple people to see what we are working on. It's great for a variety of functions like mind mapping, brainstorms, and flow documentation for applications.

Cons

Nothing really except would love to recovered deleted teams boards.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Freehand didn't have enough features and customizations that Miro had.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Batterii was too clunky, slow, and was overly complex.

R.Manoj from Loopin

All in one tool for collaboration, ideation and planning

My overall experience with Miro is super cool because the product me to achieve my tasks as a UX designer in eery product building journey very easier because of its intuitive and easy to use features.

Pros

The Collaboration feature that Miro provides has enormously helped me to easily conduct Retrospective sessions without any hassle.It also acts as a knowledge base for the product, design and marketing teams to know more about the product's ideation and it's planning.

Cons

I feel the cost per extra participant for the collaborative session is costlier as it is an extra charge other than the subscription price.So kind of dynamic pricing plan for startups would be really helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I choose Miro over the alternative products as it supports wide variety of use cases which can be used by multiple teams in a company.

Hasan from Proximie

Industry: Medical Devices

Miro for Product Management

Pros

Miro is exceptionally powerful but incredibly intuitive. The combination of freedom and creativity that is allowed through Miro makes so it always the most space for ideas to flourish and be organized.

Cons

Only that its not as embedded into companies as it should be. Often lower quality products are used because enterprise companies have pre-established solutions. I want Miro to be everywhere and pitched to everyone.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Simplicity and easy of entry for my colleagues and myself

Terrific idea management software

Overall, a terrific experience that allowed our team to move ideas around in novel ways, leading to interesting new findings.

Pros

My team used Miro primarily to aggregate ideas from disparate teams we were working with. Miro served as a much needed upgrade from a shared document where ideas would get lost, never to be found again as the document grew and grew. We really appreciated how easy it was for guest users to join us, and they found the basics to be quite intuitive. We were productive within five minutes of the other teams joining.

Cons

Given the smaller scope of our project, we did not run into many issues with deploying Miro. My primary desired feature would be a more comprehensive export-to-spreadsheet option, but the logistics of developing that are no doubt challenging.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Previous history having used Miro, guest users, free Education account, super versatile.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Needed a better way to visualize information - needed the space to move around!

yahya from National School of computer sciences

Best sketch board platform I've used

I've been using miro for more than a year now, and it helped me a lot in my projects repports which have many diagrams to make.

Pros

I has all the features that I need at work, like adding photos and exporting boards The premium version has very powerfull tools like video chat and voting. I will not search for another sketchboard website because this the best one

Cons

I want to export my images with a transparent background, I think this is missing

Reasons for Switching to Miro

because It miss many features like adding photos into the boards.

Ronald from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú

Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!

I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO. Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool. I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works. oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros

The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons

The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro has all I want in a single tool: - works online - storage for PNG drawings, like a library - works nice with my pen tablet - wide variety of colors - control over background color and contour color - work with text and geometric figures - connect objects - group elements - fix elements and lock them in the background - my students can write in the board during the class

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach

Pros

I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to. The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place. Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it. In particular, there are two features I like about Miro. Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few. You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too. Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic! Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas. The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

Veljko from Zuhlke Engineering

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to. The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool. Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc. What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Trello is pretty limiting in terms of organizing ideas, collecting notes etc - every input has to conform to the column, it has to come in specific order, with only text visible (as far as I know). When collecting inputs, it's important for people to feel unconstrained, and our experience shows that we got much more honest responses via Miro.

Anthony from Darien Public Schools

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards. For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students -Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business -Great alternative to SmartBoard -Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to. -Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect - Users need to be taught how to use

Syamir from Pejabat Pendidikan Daerah Klang

Flexible digital whiteboard

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Any.do don't have feature for whiteboard and we have to switch to Miro to use this feature.

Sohaib from &facts

Industry: Market Research

Simply the best whiteboard software available

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard. Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place. Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Remco from stichting Education Warehouse

An enhanced digital whiteboard with the freedom of a whiteboard allowing you to do so much more.

Planning and organizing, decision making, collaboration, brainstorming. I finally have a planning tool that works for me.

Pros

I've looked far and white for methods to do my project planning and tracking. Using the visuals Miro offers me is beyond anything i have found thus far. I finally get my plans in order and get more things done. Both for myself as for my team. Use it heavily to visualize dependencies, use size to signal importance, colors for status (to do-working-done) and use tags to mark technical debt. Zoom out to have the bigger picture like the decision trees, guiding principles. Zoom in and find the details for the daily job, mark your technical debt and more.

Cons

Because the interface doesn't get in your way, starting might be a little hard. I've had no problem with this myself, but found colleagues requiring some time to master Miro.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro is good at what it does; I can harmonize my way of working with Miro and that's a perfect fit for me and my team (all visually inclined thinkers). It's not that we have the most elaborate planning/brainstorm/schematizing/... tool ever, but we *finally* have one that works for us.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro has done it for me. It allows me to simply do what i want, and to convey my thoughts and planning to others. It has become instrumental to my thinking process in preparation for a lot of things. It helps to have a visual as a story-telling aid when conveying something new.

Faruk from iAge Technologies, Inc.

Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration

We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros

As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons

Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.

Cynthia from The Jerk Researcher

Now I Can't Live Without It

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I felt like not only did Miro offer mind mapping elements, but in many ways it was easier to use, since I could connect other elements (like stickies, shapes, etc.) to one another easily. There were also so many other features to Miro that simply weren't included in something like MindNode.

Jael from Onsweb

Great online collaboration tool

Miro kinda saved me when I didn't have any alternatives in facilitating my creative sessions when Covid hit. I was able to implement it very quickly and it resonates to most of the users I have so far introduced it to. Great tools and templates to make work efficient.

Pros

It is a very reliable collaborative tool that provides a very intuitive user experience even for the most digitally challenged users. Most of all, it makes many dreadful meetings more fun.

Cons

As an admin it is difficult to manage my team. Currently it is very hard to control the type of membership of people in my organization. I have paid members, free members, trial members, free non-team users and everything in between. It seems like I cannot find a proper approach to have people join as a free member, it just happens, or doesn't. Also, it's a bit annoying that opening a board results in the 'hand' tool by default, while there are many other navigational tools available. Set the normal cursor as default instead?

Easier in use

Spartak from Dodo Pizza

Industry: Restaurants

Miro - online service of my wet dreams

I work on product marketing and menu development in fast growing international Dodo Pizza chain. Miro help me to: 1. Manage our menu position, their relations, groups of product 2. Manage the ingredients (photo, price, descriptions) 3. Create new recipes - much easier when you all ingredients visually in front of you at the same time 4. Create a marketing campaign for products - marketing materials and references, photos, videos, collages for designers, marketing channels and the actual pictures of other stuff that will be used in that channel 5. Design a new restaurant - all visual references for decoration, equipment, layout of the kitchen, all inventory references. New store+menu+marketing projects are HUGE, Miro helps to gather all the small details together, keeping all my team members on the same page at the same time. It is absolutely vital to have all visual and strategy mindmap info in front of your eyes, and to able to update it easily. Miro is the best platform for this.

Pros

So lets start with what I like: 1. Miro is the best thing for mindmapping projects and strategies 2. Easy to add multiple images and make some small but necessary editing 3. Super cool for vusial analysis. My job includes menu analysis of QSR chains, Miro make it much easier, a billion times more efficient tool that others

Cons

Cons: 1. Tables are available but editing mechanics is 3/5, need to be improved. 2. Hard (or even impossible) to add videos on your Miro board, thus its not easy to make fully packed reference board for let's say your product or project, or even presentation

The best in shared whiteboards

Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros

As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done. It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons

Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at. Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

functionality

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Neither of the other options work outside meetings.

Zuhairah from Shopee

Best apps for discussing idea together

Pros

It is easy to get messed up and losing focus when people discussing idea together, especially when we discuss it online. Miro has space for digital whiteboard, that anyone on the discussion session can use it to draw and express their ideas better with the help on the whiteboard. The visual element help me to explain my idea clearly.

Cons

It would be better if Miro is offered its stand alone software for the desktop version. For now, Miro can only be used by accessing it from the web browser. I am using Chrome web browser, and it consuming the computer resource too much and making all the other software that i open goes slow as well.

The best organizer

I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros

Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons

I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro is far more convinient for that type of content I regularly have to deal with.

Suhailah from 7-Eleven Malaysia

Miro upgrade discussion session on the next level

Pros

My team and I often using Miro as our visual aids when we are online discussing on project or planning a project flows, as it has a digital whiteboard that work very well. The participant can collaborate on the whiteboard to add input or draw on it for something that are hard to explain by words.

Cons

It will be vary bad if someone accidentally delete the canvas or the whiteboard as everyone that has access on the canvas will also has a permission to delete it. There are not option to recover the canvas back and we had to start everything from the start if it does happen.

Stella from Summit Media Inc.

Miro is my pandemic best friend.

I've been using Miro actively for about a year now and I can say that it's definitely upgraded and changed its game since I started. I've been openly recommending it and talking about it with peers and colleagues. It's a great tool and I can't wait to keep using it.

Pros

Miro is a great whiteboarding tool that is, at the core, easy to use and navigate. And, it's a joy to explore the tool as well. It's very friendly in a sense that it doesn't intimidate new users (as platforms like Adobe or Figma might), which is great when you're collaborating with people who aren't from design teams. The implementation of the miroverse and being able to explore a multitude of templates has been one of my favorite updates thus far. It's allowed me to understand and see the potential of Miro beyond what I tend to use it for. I find the timer tool (with the music update) to be extremely effective when I facilitate workshops internally or with people from other teams as well. The snap to grid tool is awesome.

Cons

I don't know why I can't increase font-size beyond 288px. Sometimes when I'm whiteboarding and really in the zone, I don't think about my dimensions or sizing and I get really frustrated when I size up the text and the textboxes elongate and enlarge automatically. I also don't know why I can't make the text inside sticky notes bold, and why there are only two font options for them.

Maisarah from Digi Telecommunications

Coolaborate ideas on digital whiteboard

Miro has aiding us when we have a online meeting and discussion session. We have a better understanding and more easy to present our idea to our team using visual sketch and we have achieve more using this software.

Pros

Miro is very easy to access and collaborating on whiteboard with my colleague is so simple as it get. We have a online brainstorming session on the whiteboard, and everyone can pitch on idea and start adding draw it into the board in real-time.

Cons

It will take some times to get expert and familiar with all the feature and shortcut in this software. The board is saved on the platform, with minimum software are compatible to be exported to. The only option to save the board and export it to other software is by saving it to PDF.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro has a better whiteboard support and easy access from mobile device.

Masturah from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Miro is good with digital whiteboard

Pros

I really like that there are not limitation on Miro usefulness as it has been a great additional software that has help me and my team to express our idea on the virtual discussion. It work seamlessly that now we can't have online meeting without it anymore.

Cons

The text search feature is too slow when i searching for any text or notes that i use on the whiteboard. Sometime, it will even returning result that are not related with the keyword that i have entered and left me frustrating.

Predrag from Etik Sales Excellence

Industry: International Trade and Development

Consultant using Consultant plan

I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros

Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards. Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board. Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons

Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants. I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution. There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I explained in Pros. section. Mostly because of Shared screen options...

Jonathan from Stupak Las Vegas

Excellent tool for workshops and Design Thinking

Overall great tool for remote whiteboarding and meetings. Miro is part of my Design stack along with Notion (wiki and documentation), Whimsical (flows and wireframes), and Figma. It's a great brainstorming and ideation tool to use in the beginning of the Discovery process.

Pros

- Awesome templates from the Miro team - Great integrations with my other main tools - Awesome design sprint and workshopper features like voting, timers, and "bring to me" - Easy to use for external stakeholders

Cons

- $3 day pass for consultants is a weird pricing model - Would like better grid snapping and X, Y coordinates similar to Whimsical

Reasons for Choosing Miro

The designers I follow were using Miro and they just have more educational content showing off their product. Also they have a generous free forever tier as opposed to a trial only.

Richard from iKhokha

Daily Miro user

Have been able to map out UX processes and product strategies.

Pros

It is a quick way to collaborate on planning and UX processes and research with team members as well as a great way to present findings or planning.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag when working with large Miro files with very large amounts of data.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro's video chat functionality, better overall features

Miro's video chat functionality

Jack from Maynooth University

Teams experience

Overall really positive its made collaboration on design projects while working remotely a breeze. Almost good enough to replace F2F if i'm honest. I've recommended Miro to a few people think it would be great if it integrated with MS teams too in an ideal world but even still a great stand-alone tool.

Pros

Love the tools available overall. So easy to get started on a design project and collaboration is slick and painless. Also a little detail i like is that when you paste a link onto a board it appears as a little window instead of just a messy link, really nice little detail.

Cons

The whole teams system could do with a change. Its very messy at the moment, especially using the free version when you can only edit 3 boards in a team at once. Who owns boards isn't always obvious and it seems like the Just Me section isnt working properly (for me at least) as I am seeing everybody's boards instead of just my own

Reasons for Switching to Miro

This was may more versatile and allowed for greater collaboration, even just using the free version with limited boards, it was still a better experience than google's products

Matt from SPS Commerce

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Miro is Awesome!

The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros

Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons

The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

Super quick to learn and get value.

From day 1, this product has solved so many issues for me in tra slating and collaborating with clients. Highly recommend.

Pros

Miro is super easy to use even for the most non tech oriented. Easily map out ideas, translate complex ideas into actionable images... it's a blank canvas. Virtual whiteboarding at its best.

Cons

The Asana integratuion isn't ideal but I think it's more Asana's limited API so no big points off for that.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Needed something more approachable and cross platform/device to vcater to multiple clients.

Ryan from Fullstop360

Industry: Graphic Design

The Best Collaboration Tool for Small to Midsize Businesses

For me, it has been a good experience. It didn't take me long to learn how to use it. I was able to understand it and started working immediately. Overall, it's thrilling to use the large canvas and try different tools. Pen tool, different shapes, and templates make it really stand out.

Pros

We were introduced to Miro by a client who hired us to revamp their company profile that had some 23 slides to edit. Based in different parts of the world, Miro came in handy to help us complete the challenging task. Initially, a board was created and used to collaborate on the project. I loved how convenient it was to import files, add comments, annotate text, and get help from a number of tools. The best thing about Miro is that it has a huge template library and it is equipped with many helpful graphic elements, shapes, and what not! We used the free version that allowed us to create three boards and we made a good use of them. Generally speaking, it is apt enough for anyone to use the trial version and decide on buying the premium version and enjoy full access with more freedom. Long story short, Miro was a great help for us to successfully complete the project. Thumbs up

Cons

The only con in my opinion is that it can be tricky for a new user. You need to learn and practice before taking full advantage of the application. If you don't know how to use it properly, changing the size of text and adjusting other graphic elements can be difficult. Another thing that I don't consider as a con but some people might think the other way - Miro enables to create really large boards that can be confusing - zooming-in and zooming-out is the key to work efficiently.

Sri from Unissula, Semarang, Indonesia

MIRO facilitates fun and engaging learnings with its online collaborative whiteboard

Miro has been facilitating fun and engaging learning experiences as well as providing almost infinite possibilities to improve students' creativity and collaboration in doing class projects. It's great as we can use MIRO for both synchronous and unsynchronous learnings. Would recommend it to colleagues and broader communities.

Pros

I have been falling in love with MIRO since the first day I used it. My students and I have been using various templates in MIRO which are relevant to the subjects we are learning such as SWOT, Kanban, Retrospective et cetera... My students seem to enjoy real-time collaboration, putting their ideas on sticky notes, and adding many forms of resources (video, images, links, pdf) on the boards. Learning each other ideas written on colorful sticky notes and seeing the dynamic motions of the participant cursors (with our names on them) makes us happy and energizing, which improves our learning motivation. We can also use Miro outside our scheduled class times which is also helpful. Other points why I like Miro are its excellent supports and PD opportunities. MIRO provides many resources and supports that can be accessed straightaway from the whiteboard as well as from its website. MIRO Communities are good places for users to learn and share their experiences in using the platform, troubleshooting, as well as for making a wish (via wishlists). For PD opportunities, MIRO regularly holds webinars with experts from many industries as Speakers, to share the best practices on how they use MIRO to support their projects.

Cons

I think most features that I need for my teaching purposes have been fulfilled, a few are in the wish lists (such as the ability to zoom objects when we hover our mouse ), so I am very confident to use MIRO with my students. So far, I have not experienced any issues yet.

Ahmet Can from Melike Altinisik Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

It's too much expensive

It's a unique tool to have around when you deal with creative processes however it's too costly to upgrade and you can't expend your usage throughout your business.

Pros

I generally like the idea of having a canvas where we can freely work aND see the whole work in one look. Other than that, there're great templates to play with and they help greatly when you don't know how to work. I also like that everyone can work at the same time and it works smoothly.

Cons

It's too way much expensive. Just because of it's price, I tended to look for other software what miro tries to do but not as good as miro. Although we appreciate as a studio and would like to continue using in business levels, we look for other options. Rather than price, interface is not smooth as expected from it's work environment. You accidentally move lots of thing and takes too much time to correct what you've done. I don't understand why we can't lock everything...

Reasons for Choosing Miro

It's UI is better although it has it's own problems.

francesca from Allianz Spa

Ideale per teamwork

Con il ricorso allo smartwork sempre più le persone si trovano a lavorare da casa o quantomeno distanti gli uni dagli altri, per cui gli strumenti tradizionali - come la flip chart - non possono più essere utilizzati. Ho iniziato ad utilizzare Miro proprio per mantenere le sezioni classiche di brainstorming all'interno del gruppo con flipchart e post IT virtuali. Nel mio caso specifico solitamente creo uno spazio virtuale che vado a suddividere in più sezioni (argomenti) dove, per ciascuna sezione partecipano persone diverse. Generalmente utilizzo Miro per le sessione di brainstorming dove, post approfondimento su argomenti di stampo diverso, ciascun componente del team scrive le proprie idee su un post it virtuale e lo incolla sulla lavagna virtuale. I post IT sono di diverso colore, in modo tale che ogni persona può identificarsi con un colore diverso. Al di là di queste funzioni base, Miro ha diversi format di lavoro che possono essere personalizzati, ad esempio dà la possibilità di votare virtualmente le idee più apprezzate pubblicate sui post IT virtuali.

Pros

Miro è una piattaforma facile da usare sia per chi crea lo spazio di lavoro che per i fruitori finali. Praticamente sostituisce la flip chart fisica con uno spazio virtuale dove le persone possono interagire tra loro. L'aspetto che preferisco è l'enorme spazio, praticamente infinito, che permette di suddividere diversi team anche se il progetto è unico (quindi anche creando un'unica stanza, lo spazio al suo interno può essere diviso in modo tale che diversi gruppi possano lavorare contemporaneamente senza disturbarsi l'uno con l'altro). Miro offre un breve video introduttivo che aiuta a comprendere meglio le funzioni della piattaforma e a creare uno spazio di prova per gli utenti che non hanno mai utilizzato la piattaforma in precedenza; seguendoti passo a passo.

Cons

Nella versione gratuita possono essere creati al massimo tre spazi, problema che però è facilmente bypassabile suddividendo uno spazio in più sezioni.

Ilija from Always Vertical

Vital To How We Collaborate

Pros

"I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. " Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

Suhaila from Astro

Manage idea with Miro

I mainly use it for the digital whiteboard to help me gives a better idea presentation to my team. Overall, i really love to use it daily with my team.

Pros

I really like working with the digital whiteboard as it help me to express my ideas in visual presentation and people can understand it more easily with the visual presentation. Collaborating on idea is the best to be done with this software.

Cons

A training is a must with this software, as some of the feature is not easily to be mastered on how they are working and what the tool can do. After all, it is only a little set back compared to the benefit that i receive.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro been better in managing my notes and ideas.

Randy from Atlantic BT

Essential tool for creative collaboration remotely

I'm basically doing workshop brainstorming, process mapping, and similar that I would have previously done on a white board or easel sheets in Miro. There are a couple of unforeseen benefits to this: - The results are much neater than live sessions - It's easier to create report-ready output (this was always a tedious aspect of traditional methods). - It's enabled me to create more visual presentation of many aspects of my work that I had not before. (their template library helps with this as well).

Pros

My team does a lot of user research and design - which is incredibly difficult to do without collaboration - traditionally in a conference room with a whiteboard, post-it notes, markers, easel pads, etc. I was seriously worried about how we would be able to do this effectively in a pandemic all working remotely. Miro has been tremendously helpful in facilitating such remote yet collaborative, creative workshop sessions. No tool will overcome all the challenges associated with that, but my team has learned how to leverage Miro to make these online workshops much more effective than they would have been without. We didn't search for a tool like Miro until the pandemic, but now I use it for so many things I can't imagine giving it up whenever things return to "normal."

Cons

Some aspects of the interface and using it I don't find intuitive. For all the hours I've used it now, I still get tripped up once in a while in what I consider some 'clumsy' interface decisions.

Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool

I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pros

I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Cons

I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

Vinicius from Qualyteam

Enhanced canvases

I was introduced at Miro by a colleague in a workshop, we started using in a group of five people e build a roadmap for a project together, we have use it even when we are not together in class because of the remote function. And it was clear to me that it is an essential app for planning steps.

Pros

Responsive and beautiful. It's not only visually pleasing, it's the best app to do personalized boards and diagrams.o Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. The app focuses on real-time collaborative work, great for remote teams. The canvas has different kind of templates like: diagrams, mind maps, workflow board, etc. Which makes it much easier to create according to the desired visualization for each type of work. Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. A diversity of integrations with major work tools, Google, Trello and Slack are my favorites

Cons

The mobile version performs smooth, but works only for visualization, I can't even delete a template. The app is very functional and good to use but also has some limited features compared to the web version. I can't leave a project to create a new personal template. Which forced me to create a new account with another email.

Catalina from HubTec

Brainstorming tool

Miro is a great app to work collaboratively with partners to discuss new ideas or materialize process and networks

Pros

I like the versatility it has to work alone or in collaboration with colleagues or outsiders. It's very intuitive and easy to use for brainstorming sessions. Great tool. Mind maps are also easy to use

Cons

The format options could be included in a toolbar or an upper bar in order to easy customize the shapes/comments/figures/etc

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Broad options to work with

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Because it was a downloaded app and did't allow you to work online with others. Complicated and no t user friendly

Peter from LetsBuild

Power up your professional life and store your mind in the cloud

Structure your thoughts, insights, user research, designs, mockups and entire project design process. There's a ton of 'power ups' add ons that let you customise Miro for your usage.

Pros

It's super flexible, fairly easy to use once you get into the set up of the application. It's a great way to gather all your thoughts and later structure them if you need it in a more presentable format. I rarely do Google slides presentations anymore, because Miro is a better work tool, and it doubles down as a presentation tool as well.

Cons

It's a business tool, but the boundaries between what a professional does within the business and personally become less and less apart. As example I've kept a board to gather all my knowledge of my trade, and thus I would like this to become my own board. You can sign up multiple accounts but there's no easy switching between them on the desktop application.

Mateus from PETComp

Industry: Research

A must-use collaboration tool for any team working remotely

Pros

Before discovering Miro, working remotely with my team was sometimes quite difficult. Before the pandemic, when working together we would usually use a sheet of paper or a whiteboard to express ourselves. We'd create diagrams, brainstorm together, sketch some screens for a software... Even though common and popular collaboration tools really help us, none of these tools gave us as much freedom as a whiteboard or a blank sheet of paper. Until we found Miro. Miro not only gives us this freedom we longed for, but it has incredibly useful features such as frames, post-its, shapes, text, integration with other platforms... The word seamless is perfect to describe how easy it is to start using it. Yet, the vast amount of features make me feel I'm still at the tip of the iceberg and it can help me with so much more. Inviting people to a Miro team is easy, sharing a board with a large group is also very easy.

Cons

Miro unfortunately is a bit heavy for low-end machines and lags a bit when used by people with older computers. Also, it requires a good internet connection so whenever people suffer from bad connectivity, Miro ends up not being that useful.

Chetan from Freelancer

A great product for whiteboarding and problem-solving

I have used a lot of different tools for whiteboarding and Miro just shines out as the best among all.

Pros

Ease of logging with Google account. 3 free boards to get started. Prototyping and wireframing library. But, what I use the most is mind-map and Sticky notes. Absolutely love the ease of use and simplicity of the software.

Cons

Sometimes, a click automatically adds another sticky, I know this is a feature but when I am trying to go to open white space in whiteboard, it just adds a sticky which wasn't my intention. Next thing Miro should definitely work on is RAM management and the efficiency of tool when a board gets heavy.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Ease of signing in and making it easy to invites teammates. And, availability of 3 free boards.

Pearl from Phoenix Labs

Industry: Computer Games

The best digital collaboration tool of the pandemic era

Pros

The most useful feature of Miro is the enormous canvas and bevy of quick and intuitive tools to generate ideas immediately. Miro can intake many different media types and offers smart commands & shortcuts that make it simple to manage huge amounts of info/media on a board -- many of these commands borrow from other classic digital design tools, so the learning curve feels natural if you're coming from tools like Figma or Sketch. It's also easy to share work with others and collaborate together!

Cons

On the enterprise plan, it could be easier to manage "private" boards separately from public boards. Moving boards between teams could also be more clear and easier.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I used to use Mural at my last organization on the team/enterprise plan, but after I left, I started using Miro for personal use because of its free plan.