What are Hubstaff users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hubstaff software through verified user reviews

1,238 Reviews

• icon"It is easy enough to use. The menu is user friendly and there are not too many levels."
  • icon"Task delegation and tracking its progress is made easy by Hubstaff. Whether you have an online task or a task that require some field work you can track the task progress using this application."
  • icon"It's nice because you can config the hourly rate of the collaborator, and when the team member starts the timer, it automatically starts to calculate the total amount of money gained on that period."
  • icon"It is sometimes prone to crash or log you out automatically which makes tracking hours more difficult."
  • icon"This software needs some serious TLC if it's going to accuse someone for not doing something when it is obvious they are."
  • icon"The only complaint y a user interface problem, sometimes when you minimize and open the tool again, it may not display the buttons correctly, and it might be required to close it and reopen it."

Browse all Hubstaff Reviews

• Have you used Hubstaff and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,217 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,217 reviews

Jen

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

The ONE software you need to track your remote staff

Andreea

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

March 2022

Great for tracking time and measuring performance

its a really nice tool to use, to check the team performance, best hours to work, check what apps they use more and what are redundant, see dead time, and make adjustments. very good for remote global teams.

Pros

Easy to use, can show you various dashboards. it gives you an idea of what hours you are more efficient so you can better plan your time.

Cons

Would like to be able to not have 0 % during a zoom call as although we are not clicking, using the mouse, we are in a meeting so that time is not 0% or idle.

Response from Hubstaff

Hey there, Andreea! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so pleased to hear that you have found Hubstaff useful for your team. Low activity during video calls and meetings has been something that some of our customers have complained about, in the past. In order to tackle this, we introduced the option to have activity tracked to projects be removed altogether. So, your team may benefit from having a project called "Meetings", to which time can be tracked without affecting the activity by it being too low. As we aim to make our product even better, we would like to invite you to submit your feature request to https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/. You may also send us an email at support@hubstaff.com and we'll be glad to assist you! Thanks and have a lovely day!

Ewan

The best solution for integrated task management and thorough time tracking and reporting.

Very happy I moved from Time Doctor to Hubstaff. Huge improvements on all areas and a satisfying product to use. The experience is so good that I find myself wanting to stay with Hubstaff regardless of whether my need for time tracking reduces.

Pros

- Integrated Task Management platform (Hubstaff Tasks) allows for agile style task management that feeds appropriate tasks to user's timers. - Nice user interface - Good reporting functions - Thorough tracking options - Client/project budgets - Very good Customer Support

Cons

- I discovered some bugs during usage (which the developers have ironed out) - Time off / holiday allowance policy function is a great addition, but doesn't allow enough granularity as decimals of hours (or minutes) can't be used.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

Combination of functionality (thorough time tracking and agile task/project management), pricing, user experience and reviews.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

More accurate and granular control of task management needed. Also felt that Time Doctor was outdated from a UI perspective.

Response from Hubstaff

Hey Ewan, hope all is well with you and thank you for the kind words. You can now request time off exactly down to the minute. Cheers!

Replied January 2022

April 2022

Hubstaff App Review

This app, is the best of it's kind and I believe that, I'll use it for a long time.

Pros

The app is very easy to use. The ability to take screenshot of worker's screen is great. Very customizable. I like the fact that it's free for a single user.

Cons

At a point in time, it gives different recorded times. A different time sent via email from the actual recorded times.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

Per reviews, hubstaff was the best so I decided to give it a try.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Toggl was not working to my expectations...

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Paul, thank you for providing your input regarding our product. When it comes to the daily emails that get sent out automatically by our system, there are a couple of reasons to consider for why they can appear to be incorrect. Firstly, the hours displayed in those emails are always in the organisation's timezone, and not in the member's own one. So, if there is a big time difference between the two, for example organisation having EST (New York) and user CST (Shanghai), then the hours tracked can appear to be incorrect due to the big difference between timezones. Also, if the user's Hubstaff tracker has not been able to upload all of its tracked data as intended, then the summary report will only display hours tracked and uploaded to our servers at the time of the email being sent out. We do encourage the usage of the timesheets area to more accurately see the hours worked by the members of your team. On there, information can accurately be seen in both timezones.

Replied April 2022

Dejan

Productivity booster

It is a great product if you spent some time explaining the advantages to your colleagues. Otherwise, I might be seen as a tool that violates personal privacy and narrowly measures company productivity.

Pros

easy to use, stable desktop app, great visualizations and statistics, many possibilities for integration with another tools

Cons

some functionalities within this product are not fully customizable (e.g. idle time is set to min of 5 minutes), more flexibility would be great (e.g. you can`t enable or disable idle timer or disable manual adding/editing records within specific project/task.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

This tool provides more options and comes with some important features that we haven`t found anywhere else.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Dejan, Thanks for your feedback! We absolutely agree that it is important to have a conversation with your team in regards to the software and its capabilities to ensure they are on the same page and do not feel that it invades their privacy. We understand that this type of conversation can be difficult and time consuming so we put a guide together to help with the transition https://support.hubstaff.com/transition-your-business-to-hubstaff/ If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help. Thanks again! Sarah

Replied August 2019

Alexandra

Great for time tracking for yourself and when working with others

Improve productivity. Keep track of work and time input into different projects and clients. Evaluate value per time.

Pros

I love the fact that it helped me organize myself, get a reality check about the way I spent time and what type of work was productive (or not)

Cons

The way it adjust time - for collaborating jobs cutting on minutes is not fair as that time can't be invoiced to anybody else then the targeted project or client.

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you for your review, Alexandra! Your feedback is appreciated, I will be sharing it with our product team.

Replied July 2021

Diane

Constantly Rated As Poor Productivity Even When Working Hard

My overall experience with this software is a very poor one. While I appreciate what you're trying to accomplish with the software, especially for remote employees such as myself, it just isn't working out for me personally. As I said earlier, it's going to wind up costing me my job because the software is telling my management that I'm not working when I am. The software also doesn't account for things like needing a lavatory break or taking our (legally required) paid time breaks. If I were to take my 30 minute paid time breaks every day, my productivity would just sink into the teens. There's also no way to account for meetings or times I am on the phone where I am still being productive and working but since I am not clicking anything or typing it thinks I am sitting doing nothing.

Pros

I like the way Hubstaff is designed. It's intelligent and user-friendly. It's sleek and very polished and up-to-date with modern design standards and as a user I am easily able to access the dashboard and different features and see the differences in productivity from minute to minute, see the screenshots, see the tracking points, etc. From the perspective of direct user experience, it's ace.

Cons

However, my qualms with Hubstaff far outweight its superior design structure. The program, to me, is broken. No matter how hard I work, I have never had a day above 40% productivity - and that only happened once. I am usually rate in the mid to high 20s, even on days when I am busting my butt to get work done. I don't know why I am having these problems with the software, because I know I am working, I know I am getting work done, but why am I being rated so poorly? This software is going to wind up costing me my job, and that makes me furious.

Response from Hubstaff

Hey Diane, Sorry you aren't having a good experience. Let me explain how Hubstaff tracks activity, and if you still think you should be getting a higher score, please contact our 24/7 support team at support@hubstaff.com. Your activity levels may be lower or higher depending on your responsibilities. Manual and mobile time tracking can also lower your productivity levels so include a note to your employer letting them know what you were working on. Here is a helpful article about how activity levels are tracked: https://support.hubstaff.com/how-are-activity-levels-calculated/

Replied February 2019

Roldan

March 2022

Using Hubstaff for 5 years more. Seem it has improved!

Really just fine. What more should I look for as a freelancer who just need to track time for a project. Then send a a simple invoice at the end. As far as I'm concerned, I have a good experience with the app. If I have to suggest, maybe as a UX/UI Designer, they can enhance the looks an feel of the software to make it more professional and appealing to users.

Pros

Straightforward. Just the thing you need, you'll find it. Pretty much like any other time tracking software - as freelancer it has screen capture, invoicing, offline tracking and all...

Cons

It's just straight forward. Maybe they can add quick chat for client. Instead of additional login to browser when you need to quick communicate with your client.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

I'm switching from Hubstaff and Time Doctor before. But eventually, stayed with Clockify. I don't know but Clockify is just a the right cocktails of simplicity, interface appeal, reliability and being slick.

Response from Hubstaff

Hey Roldan, thank you for submitting this review for Hubstaff! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Hubstaff for your time tracking needs. We want to continually improve the platform and our offerings, so we do welcome all feedback onboard. Please feel free to go to https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/ and add any ideas for features to be implemented.

Mahmoud

March 2022

One of The Best Time Tracking and Productivity Monitoring Tools!

I have been using Hubstaff for a couple of months now, and I am so glad that I found it. It has helped me become more productive, track my time and bill accurately, and respond to my manager the way I want. This tool is so helpful that I would recommend it to anyone who's looking to increase their productivity!

Pros

Hubstaff is the best time tracking software out there right now. It's easy to use, has all the features I want and it's so affordable. Definitely worth checking out!

Cons

I really like Hubstaff. I use it to track my time and my team's time without having to be on the clock all day. The only thing is that it doesn't integrate with other apps, so I often have to switch back and forth between Hubstaff and other programs.

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Mahmoud! We're so pleased to hear you find Hubstaff easy to use and has helped you to be more productive! Hubstaff has a number of third-party integrations available to help with your organization. If the app you're looking to integrate is currently not supported, you may submit a feature request through https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/ so that we may look into it. Alternatively, you may also send us an email at support@hubstaff.com. We'll be happy to assist you! We look forward to hearing from you, Mahmoud!

Maria

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Time tracking for architects & engineers

Pros

Time tracking, HR features, url /app tracking, project management, good gps tracking, great 1 on 1 customer service.

Cons

Customization of PTO replenishment can be improved since some of employees PTO are based on contract date. Screenshot on ipad / tablets needed.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

Good time tracking, HR features, url /app tracking, project management, great 1 on 1 customer service.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Need better project management software with hrl & app tracking.

Abhishek

Industry: Computer Networking

Great Online Time tracking management tool

Overall it is good but it should only capture the time worked but the employee is not his right to privacy by keeping tabs on him by capturing the screenshots and all.

Pros

It is very good at tracking the project and time it also captures the screenshots and cursors and key pressing which ensures the work is done on a particular day. It is very easy to use and easy to deploy on the system.

Cons

Major Con is the security part it captures the screenshot of the user's laptop which tampers their privacy as well as it captures the keys pressed and mouse pointers as well as the logs of browsing which lead to a major threat to the personal space. sometimes it crashes and skips the time on its own which is very annoying.

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Please note that Hubstaff offers employers the option to disable screenshots and input activity for their employees if they want to. To disable screenshots, please follow the steps in this article: https://support.hubstaff.com/how-to-disable-hubstaff-to-stop-capturing-my-screen/ To disable input (mouse/keyboard) activity, you can go to Settings & Policies -> Features -> Activity -> Record Activity and turn it off. If you have any questions, please email us at support@hubstaff.com.

Edwin

December 2021

Hubstaff the Lifesaver

Pros

Hubstaff has helped us to increase the productivity of our employees during the covid time since we all were working from home . The software is beautifully integrated and is very easy to use.As an administrator, we can track employees' productivity, screenshots and indeed it also helps us to collate data during our review meeting with the team.

Cons

The software is good the only thing the Hubstaff team needs to work on is to have a local (based out of India) customer care person.

Zachary

Winning with Hubstaff

Great experience. Love the company and the staff.

Pros

We have an overseas team of Filipino employees that are amazing and Hubstaff really helps us with Time and Activity tracking. They are so trustworthy, but it's nice to know that they are actually doing their jobs correctly. The screen capture software enabled us to solve an internal dispute about managing some finances and resulted in one employee being let go and another employee promoted -- all this was verifiable because of the time tracking as well as activity tracking software.

Cons

I would really like it if more integrations were allowed within the Hubstaff standard program. The functionality for the price should be included.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

It aligned more with our goals of time tracking and employee monitoring.

Georgi

April 2022

Great software for business

Pros

This software makes my work a lot easier. It tracks worked time, counts what should be paid to employees, shows the productivity of each user, and a lot more extras. The interface is easy to use. The support is quick and qualified.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that I do not like.

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you so much for your kind words, Georgi! We're so pleased to hear you find Hubstaff helpful! We are always striving to be the best in this space, and the best for our customers... So to hear that you're happy with what we have to offer - Well, you just made our day! Thanks again, Georgi! Have a lovely day!

Replied April 2022

manu

February 2022

Productivity on the fingertips

Pros

Its ease of use, useful information is right on the dashboard.

Cons

generating reports for individual employee.

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Manu, Thank you for providing us with the review of our platform. In order to ensure that you are getting the most out of your Hubstaff plan, we can assist you in setting up the reports as you need them for your organisation. You can have a look at the following support article for explanation about how reports work - https://support.hubstaff.com/reports-overview/ If you need more specific assistance about how to set up reports for your organisation and staff members, please send us a ticket via support@hubstaff.com with the desired report(s) and we will be more than happy to get that created for you

Daynia

Has saved us hours on payroll

Hubstaff provides online time tracking and monitoring for all of our international contractors. Managers are able to see what their activity and performance looks like giving them better insight into what is working well. The payroll automation has been one of the biggest benefits as we were running payrolls manually through Wise. The integration has saved us hours on payroll and gives managers better insight into how much their employees are working.

Pros

The automation with Wise to process payments to employees. The screen capture has been very helpful for us when we have run into issues with security or performance.

Cons

I wish it was easier to set up the PayPal integration. We have tried to set it up about 5 separate times, all unsuccessfully. I wish it had a little bit better employee management system, similar to what you would find in a HRIS.

Screenshots

Jisselle

I have used Hubstaff for over 2 years

I love it! Still use it and recommend to other colleagues.

Pros

I like that it comes with the integrated time doctor, detailed reports for the team activity & productivity, as well as the recruitment Hubstaff Talent platform, I'd say it's the best remote hiring platform. Have found many employees from there.

Cons

There's no payroll integration with Payoneer. It's tough to do payroll with limited options.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

Hubstaff Talent & Task Manager.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

The freelancer platform was better. Upwork is too costly to post jobs.

Nicole

March 2022

Good tracking tool with screenshots

Pros

Can track what the employee is working on. Can see how long they were idle.

Cons

Not really very reliable. Just have to move your mouse and it will show that you are working

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you for submitting this feedback, Nicole. We are sorry to hear that you are not finding Hubstaff to be as reliable as you had anticipated. A user just moving the mouse will be enough to have the time tracker be kept in an active state and not enter idle time. However, with the combination of screenshots, app and URL tracking, managers are able to get a much fuller picture about what is, and isn't, going on as someone is tracking time. Please feel free to contact support@hubstaff.com if you feel that there may be someone that is having suspicious activity, as they are tracking time, and this can be investigated further from our end.

Barak

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

A must tool for anyone that works with Virtual Assistants

I'm the owner of SellerFrame, an automation and outsourcing agency. A large part of our work consists of recruiting and assigning Virtual Assistants for our clients. The most important features are screenshots of the VA's computer, and tracking idle time. We found that these 2 features are sufficient in keeping the VAs in track. Most employees, no matter how honest, will experience a drop in motivation after 2-3 months of work, and will have a hard time keeping themselves fast paced. These 2 features, combined with the VA knowing that his activity is tracked, help maintaining a high level of performance over months and years. We highly recommend to all our clients to install Hubstaff from the first day of the VA's work, and use it for as long as the VA's a part of the organization.

Pros

Cons

We feel that the software is a bit too complicated, too many clicks and screens to get to what we need (tracking and basic reporting). The pricing is a bit too high, but as long as it doesn't increase we're not pushed to search for alternatives (which are plenty out there).

Artem

Industry: Program Development

Very good product, no regrets

Pros

Very good product, no regrets. We use this program every day and see who is doing what and it improves work.

Cons

We use this program every day and see who is doing what and it improves work.

A honest review for Hubstaff - Time tracking app

It has it flaws, but in overall we like using Hubstaff because of all the options it provides.

Pros

The best thing that we've found out in Hubstaff that by adding the tasks in Asana they can appear in the time-tracking app. Also after doing the tasks the work time automatically gets posted in the Asana. That's a time saviour.

Cons

Some terms are different from the other apps and at some point, it's very strict that you can't put down custom task/to-do names in the app itself where the time would still count like in Toggl.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

This app has screen tracking, better integrations.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

This app has screen tracking, better integrations.

Deborah

Hubstaff review

I use hubstaff for all kinds of jobs that clients offer me and it has served me very well in terms of organization and practicality.

Pros

The time control over the activities to be carried out is excellent, I recommend it.

Cons

The cost could be a little more affordable but somehow it delivers what it promises.

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Deborah! I just wanted to drop a quick reply to say thank you for the recommendation! The feedback we get from our customers keeps us dedicated to making sure we deliver what we promise. Don't worry, if you run into any concerns, just send us an email at support@hubstaff.com and we'll be glad to assist you! Thanks and have a lovely day!

Amanda

February 2022

Simple

Pros

Tracking and time keeping in an easy to use format

Cons

sometimes you have to restart to get the screenshots to function

Response from Hubstaff

Hey there, Amanda! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so pleased to hear that you have found Hubstaff easy to use. When there are no screenshots or they have yet to be uploaded, it is usually due to internet connectivity issues. And this usually involves restarting the app to fix it. If you're having some issues, please don't hesitate to drop us a message at support@hubstaff.com, and we'll be glad to assist you! Thanks and have a great week ahead!

Replied February 2022

Amanda

Hubstaff is an awesome tool for a small business!

We love Hubstaff. Since implementing it we've had every employee log in daily to keep track of their time and screen activity whether in the office or at home. No issues with it and we've been using it for well over a year now.

Pros

We happened upon Hubstaff when we were searching for a tool to help track time of employees who were working at home as well as the need for activity monitoring.

Cons

There is nothing that we really don't like about Hubstaff.

December 2021

Great time tracking for remote teams

Pros

We use Hubstaff as time clock software and if we have a problem with the employee it is good

Cons

I would like more features integrated into the product.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,217 reviews