Nifty

Nifty Reviews

RATING:

• icon"You can also track time, control workloads, integrate your calendar, subtasks and all the good stuff that you want to see on a product like this."
  • icon"Also, we love the integration with Google docs. Very well done and lets you collaborate on certain documents even without inviting to Nifty."
  • icon"The user experience is actually quite good. They have a well-designed product that is easy to use and seems to be well thought out."
  • icon"The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task."
  • icon"After signing up, we found that with a lot of tasks, Nifty bogs down and has to take a lot of time to load things. Moving things around is sluggish and painful."
  • icon"The calendar view is still a bit basic. I miss having tasks in different colors to prioritise and time-block properly."

All Nifty Reviews

Alberto

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Miguel

October 2022

Nifty could remove the use of emails with clients and teammates to manage projects

I use Nifty with several clients and I am very happy because we have been able to drastically reduce using email and WhatsApp.

Pros

-File manager -Integration with Zoom -Unlimited guests accounts -Time tracker -User real-time messaging system -Spanish translations/interface

Cons

-The automation they offer is basic. -The calculations and formulas are basic.

Reasons for choosing Nifty

-Spanish language -A lot of good reviews from other users

Reasons for switching to Nifty

At the time I tried Ora, it was a little buggy and the learning curve for the clients I invited was too high.

Erik

May 2022

Excellent & affordable project management tool

I use Nifty to run a fairly large team of volunteers and interns, who are essential to helping us get our work done. There is no way we could afford licenses for all these occasional users, so the guest allowance really helps. And besides that, the usability of the tool is excellent.

Pros

Nifty is a great tool. Its feature set is comprehensive and intuitive to use. We've tried Clickup, Asana and Monday and for whatever reason, those other tools just never took with our team. I love the collaborative "nifty documents". And the mobile app works great - duplicates the website experience very well.

Cons

Guests cannot chat with each other - only the account admin. So it's not quite a Slack replacer, which we really wanted to get away from. They can talk in the Discussions area of a project, however. Also, you have to attach a google document by creating it FIRST inside Nifty. It doesn't work well to try and attached a pre-existing google document when you are in Nifty. Also, I'd like more markup features on the Nifty docs pages - like highlighting, and a better commenting experience.

Reasons for choosing Nifty

Better feature set, better pricing, easier to use - more intuitive

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Monday was unnecessarily complicated and also rather expensive.

Aninda

November 2022

Not recommended

It was okay-ish

Pros

This is a very lightweight application to manage your small team only

Cons

This is missing a whole lot of modern features which other companies are offering and the UI/UX experience is a little bit rundown.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Trello usage was a bit unfriendly for my team members.

September 2022

An easy and complete project management saas that doesn't try to be everything !

Nifty is helping us stay organized, keep at the top knowing what, when, who, how everything happens.

Pros

There's regular updates. Not only new functionality. They are actually listening to feedback and getting existing functionality better regularly. Nifty is a project manager. It doesn't try to be "everything", which many others are trying to do nowadays, losing quality and coherence.

Cons

There is a learning curve and you will have to take a little time in Nifty before you can really enjoy working with it.

Higher cost.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

We tried Ora which wasn't getting updates quickly enough for important points for us, like permissions for different users. It was simpler, but lacked some functions. Asana was really good, but Nifty was way less to use.

Alberto

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Nifty has been an awesome PM tool for the price point. When compared to other cloud based PM tools such as basecamp, asana, and others this one is the way to go and the many things they have been improving on.

Pros

Nifty makes Project Management so simple for our team. It provides multiple views either Kanban, List, or others to properly manage a team. Also, the learning curve is very small compared to other robust PM software. The collaborative ability within projects and tasks with Google integration (doc, sheets, etc) is a game-changer. I really like the ease of seeing everything going on and the easy manner in which moving tasks are. The UX and ease of use for this software is top of the line. Especially in dark mode.

Cons

The cloud-based software can be slow sometimes but definitely nothing to go crazy fussing about. Either way, I believe the Nifty team is working hard to improve it. Also, it would be great to have a CSV upload of tasks/projects.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Value for pricing is better for us with Nifty.

Lucia

Industry: Publishing

May 2022

Ottimo strumento per gestire il flusso di lavoro e organizzarsi al meglio

La mia esperienza complessiva con Nifty è comunque molto positiva, lo utilizzo da molto tempo e mi trovo molto bene. Quindi lo consiglierei ai miei colleghi.

Pros

Mi sono affidata a Nifty perché avevo urgente bisogno di organizzare bene il mio lavoro, che stava diventando sempre di più. Grazie alla creazione di vari progetti, all'inclusione di membri del team ma anche di "ospiti" che possono lavorare a singoli progetti, oggi riesco ad avere una panoramica delle cose da fare.

Cons

L'unico incoveniente finora riscontrato è con l'assistenza. Due volte contattata, due volte non ha risolto il mio problema, né in fin dei conti risposto alla mia domanda, lasciando le cose in sospeso.

Reasons for choosing Nifty

Al momento dell'acquisto, era in promozione (credo fosse stato appena lanciato) e io non avevo ancora tantissimo lavoro, l'ho preso pensando al futuro e di fatto ora mi torna utilissimo. Quindi risparmio + ottimo strumento lavorativo.

Ufuk

Industry: Cosmetics

June 2022

Having used them all - Nifty is the best!

Pros

Speaking about around 8 year agency experience as a Project Manager I have tried them all: JIRA, Trello, Asana, Monday and so on and so forth. I must admit that when leaving JIRA aside since it's for a different purpose IMO, nifty is the best among them! It's even that good that internally we don't use teams or slack anymore since it also offers a chat function.

Cons

Nothing to add here. There's really nothing bad about this software. There used to. When cloning a Milestone you'd only clone the milestone without the tasks associated with it. That problem does not exist anymore and the team has developed such awesome features of which I didn't know I need them. But I do. Every day!

Reasons for switching to Nifty

For Asana we paid 149$/month per User. At nifty we pay 149/month for 50 users. Any more questions?

Oyekunle

October 2022

Asana + Trello in One!

I have been using nifty for a couple of months and I've gotta say, it's AMAZING!!! Moved my whole team to nifty and now, we no longer need slack for communication. We can even hop on zoom directly from nifty!

Pros

Love the task management and the fact that you can have discussions per task. It keeps everything nice and tidy

Cons

Sometimes, the mobile app glitches but it's in no way a problem as it rarely happens

Reasons for switching to Nifty

I needed an all in one task management software and Asana + Trello had some limitations I did not find in Nifty

Eusebio

July 2022

A really promising application

I want to use it with my daily project and task manager. It has some edges to polish (improve that Spanish translation for example) but it is really promising.

Pros

It is loaded with features and functionalities. Translated into many languages and with app for iPhone and iPad. I really see a promising future for it if they keep working hard on it.

Cons

The interface is excessively overloaded. It should be more configurable so that only what you really need is visible. The Spanish translation could be improved.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Pricing and PRO features for small teams (1 person)

November 2022

Great projet planning tool

Very good planning and management application. its can helps to deal with project management issue

Pros

Nifty is a collaborative project planning and management plaftorm. the platform can support discussion and tasks planning. Nothing to say about the platform. it's user friendly

Cons

you can not perform certains features as you will do on trello

Francis

February 2022

One of the best scheduling tools for project management: Nifty

I turned on MFA for accessing Nifty account. I used Google Authenticator as the MFA app. When I changed the iPhone from iPhone 12 to iPhone 13 ProMax, the data was transferred from iPhone 12 to iPhone 13 ProMax successfully. Unfortunately, the data in the Google Authenticator, which includes the NiftyPM credential, cannot be recovered. Therefore, I ask Nifty for help. Your Nifty staff immediately caught my problems and report to engineers to see if the MFA can be reset. Well, although the waiting time is long, the problem finally got solved happily.

Pros

Nifty is one of the most sophisticated platforms which can be used for group collaboration. Online essential activities of projects can be effectively delivered, monitored, and control in Nifty. Nifty's progress bar is fantastic. The project members would be able to communicate instantly. The UX and UI designs of the platform are incredibly amazing. When any users faced any difficulties, the Nifty team always offered the communication channel for us so as to reach Nifty staff for any quick help.

Cons

Nifty has done an excellent job in developing the software tools. Not much thing to complaint here. What I dislike is that there is not online tutorials or documentations (even no user manual). With the manual, it helped the efficiency of the delivering the projects. I have to spend time and effort to learn how the Nifty works. I have a group of undergraduates and postgraduates who would like to try Nifty. Any training materials, or video samples (not the youtube), can be sold or gave to the Nifty Fan like myself. Anyway, offering the tools or add-on for reporting functions will be great.

Diego

Amazing project management software

I simply love Nifty. It is my day to day management tool and makes my life so much easier. I would say is something in between Trello and Asana. It is more much more advanced than Trello but keeping it's simplicity and has pretty much the same features than Asana but with a better UX.

Pros

You can change views to see your tasks in a Kaban view, task list, milestones, Gannt project view, etc. But the best thing is that you can have a calendar view with all the tasks of the day/week/month. It has a really good UX and a mobile app to manage everything from your phone. It allows you to see either the teams workload or only your workload which can be especially useful for project managers. It also has many collaborative speaces. You can have conversations either at a task level or at the project level. You can share there links, files, resources... and it also has a specific workspace to share files and have all the project files that you need in one space.

Cons

Overall it has a great UX but there's a few things that could be improved. The calendar view is still a bit basic. I miss having tasks in different colors to prioritise and time-block properly. However, the product has a roadmap and is constantly impoving so I'm sure this is something we will see soon.

Simplicity, UX, features and price

Reasons for switching to Nifty

More features and better price

Better than most out of the gate

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png. The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests. All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them. The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Reasons for choosing Nifty

Notion has terrible task management and onboarding is a nightmare due to the complexity of the platform. We looked at a lot of other platforms and none of them had the kind of document creation and management that we are looking for.

Viktor

Intuitive, feature-packed project management app!

Nifty is already helping improve productivity since switching from the previous, slower app. As we're working on pivoting our business, it's nice being able to track everything and know what we need to work on now. Plus, support is helpful when I need them without long delays.

Pros

Nifty has a very intuitive UI/UX, so it was easy to jump in and start using it right away. Only a few things required me to look it up in documentation or contact support. And support is fast and helpful. It also has almost everything one needs to manage projects, with more stuff on the roadmap for this year. Compared to the previous project management app, Nifty is fast. So it's a lot easier to manage everything without waiting seconds for the data to load. I hated waiting on task info to load previously, and now with a click, it opens the panel and data is already there. I also like how the task panel is organized, with an easy way to add custom fields as needed. I can easily add files (including Google Docs) to tasks, add comments, and change all other info on the fly. One, somewhat hidden, feature I like is markdown parsing in task descriptions and comments.

Cons

My biggest con is that Nifty isn't accessible as of this writing. You can't tab navigate and the color contrast in the light and dark themes is low, doesn't meet WCAG AA standard. So people with certain disabilities won't be able to use Nifty. I've already told support about this, so hopefully, they'll improve/fix this. Other cons are temporary since they are on the roadmap - API, annual recurring tasks, integration with GitLab, CSV import. Should be all implemented by end of 2020.

Reasons for choosing Nifty

We've used these over the last few years. Nifty was the right price and the right feature set that we needed. It's easy to use and support is fast and friendly.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Plutio is a nice app, but it's a business management app with project management functionality. They're adding a lot of features we don't need while project management isn't prioritized. So we decided to go with a dedicated project management app to get features missing in Plutio as of this writing: milestones, dependencies, native mobile apps, ability to group projects (Nifty calls it portfolios), and overall more stable experience. Plutio can be buggy with each update, more like a stable beta version. Nifty is also a lot faster than Plutio.

Agni

Very easy to use but powerful

We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools. Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros

This is what our team liked about it 1. Easy leaning curve 2. Chat feature within the system. 3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group 4. The design is great. 5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom) 6.integration with Github. 7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion. 8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons

These are few of things we didnt like 1. No integartion with Gitlab yet. 2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy. 3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's 4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow.. 5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Reasons for choosing Nifty

better pricing , nice design and easy to implement.

Design and Chat feature