• Pros

• "It is very easy to use, Easy to track the product development progress"

• "easy to install and its on php. anything we need we can have it changed by our developers themselves. the customer service is great. "

• "What I like most about Orange is the usability. It is very useful for small businesses or office for common or simple tasks to show accountability"

• Cons

• "I definitely wish there was more to it. I would be willing to spend a tad bit more to be able to customize it more. "

• "Takes a while to learn what all is possible with the software Mobile app isn’t too useful, I usually end up signing on through my browser"

• "The only con I can think of, is that the web version isn't responsive. Having it responsive would make it easier for clients that don't have the mobile app easier for them to use while on the go."

Browse Orangescrum Reviews

Cherri from Discount Coffee.com, Inc

Have used many, many different Project Management Software, and this so far has been the best!

Pros

My oversea's project team has been using this software to keep tickets working, communicate back and forth, and set deadlines. I love the way you can just respond back thru the same email that notified me of the communication and not have to log into the actual software and find the ticket to respond. I wish more support companies used this program. Nothing is more frustrating than getting an email that my ticket has been responded to, but I can't see the comment or respond without first logging into the software. OrangeScrum works so well, I almost never see the ticket dashboard. Now that is perfect!

Cons

As and end user, I have found nothing I don't like about the software. I only wish more support programs used it. I am a big RackSpace fan, but I hate their ticket support system...OrangeScrum would fix that if only they would give it a try.

James from The Web Design Hub, LLC

Fantastic Project Management System

Orangescrum made it extremely easy for us to keep track of our projects, keep our clients updated on their projects. It also gave us a way for clients to submit all of their content for their projects and by doing that, it cut down on the number of emails we would get with project material. Having all of our project material in one location made it easy for everyone involved with any project, to stay up to date with new files and changes.

Pros

The ease of use is the thing I liked most about this. My clients are very comfortable with the layout and platform.

Reasons for Choosing Orangescrum

- The ease of use. - The ease of setup. - Ease of navigation. - Amazing dashboard layout. - Ease of customization.

Narshion from Kemri Wellcome Trust Research Programme

Industry: Research

Excellent experience and fit for purpose

Excellent. I would recommend it to anyone anytime. It is the go to software for all project management, task management and resource tracking needs. It has very elegant interfaces and a modern look and feel. Technically it does the work it was intended to do really well and much better than many tools out their.

Pros

OrangeScrum is my favourite project management software. We have used it for 3 years now and it always performs better. What I like it best for is their Scrum module which has implemented the Agile Scrum methodology perfectly well. The software is easy to use and self paced starters can get along quite easily. At the moment we use it for advanced functionalities including time tracking and resource management for our large multi-site environment.

Cons

Everything looks great and okay, the only area I would like to see improvements on is the reports. Probably a do it yourself report generation module would be ideal but that has been compensated by the fact that one can extract the data via API and use their statistical tools for advanced reporting. Otherwise the basic reports are sufficient for most of the use cases.

Reasons for Switching to Orangescrum

We needed a light-weight, web enabled project tool that could be easily accessed by users remotely and in different places without much configuration hustles. We also needed an all in one software suite for our Agile teams, task-oriented management approach and general purpose tracking tool. We have deployed this tool in a data centric core business line of work that has heavy lifting of data cleaning and query management and it has delivered to its promise really well.

Andrew from SmallDot

Riddled with bugs, poor UX, unresponsive/uninterested support

Unifying the team, creating accountability, better organizing projects and tasks, creating threads in tasks that help keep stories recorded.

Pros

This is a very robust system when it works. Tons of features. Very flexible. Well designed, VISUALLY. Good pricing.

Cons

No commitment to fixing issues with the software even though they are pointed out and promised to be fixed. I tried to be as considerate and thoughtful as I could -- asking if maybe I was doing something wrong... I sent them the screenshots they asked for... we did a screen-share. Nothing. Poor user experience design -- things in weird places, notifications keep happening for things from a YEAR ago. You mention this to them and they don't care. They just repeat back to you the way you are currently supposed to use it instead of considering the fact that you should not have to click one place on the TASKS area to access all the tasks. And that the over all experience is just confusing as some other people have mentioned. Filters not working, bad and unintuitive design and structure to certain features or screens. No awareness of UX strategy at all. Don't care about the user. Just care about bringing on customers. Suspicious name dropping on their website about what brands use their software. Pretty sure this is not used by Uber when this team cannot even fix a defective task filter feature in 30 days. How am I the only one that found out that if you filter by a task status it not only shows the wrong count, but doesn't show ALL of the tasks in that status? Trial was buggy, even. Locked features within days from when I signed up for it even though these features were supposed to be unlocked. Told them about it -- they didn't care.

Reasons for Choosing Orangescrum

Orangescrum seemed to be more established and have somewhat of a communicative team. I guess that stops after you become a customer after the trial.

Reasons for Switching to Orangescrum

Thought this would solve some project management requirements we've needed. It does, but slightly recklessly. We're committed to it hoping they will fix the issues and having OrangeScrum is better than having nothing.

Justin from Penguin Herder

Excellent all-rounder

The biggest bonus for me is the sheer simplicity with which I or my clients can quickly raise tasks and can then stay in the loop as to progress & status. It is the life-blood of my company without which I would struggle to keep track of the work.

Pros

I like the wealth of information available in the summary dashboard as well as the different views for the task list which I find particularly helpful when filling out timesheets. Overall it is incredibly easy to use and customise, and a great aid to tracking the daily TODO list.

Cons

The only thing that really bothers me is the very limited WYSIWYG formatting options when adding comments to a task, in particular the lack of a preformatted/code option and/or text colour. Admittedly I am using the free version but that does seem like a pretty basic requirement. A small gripe would be that the addons seem a little overly expensive hence I have learned to live without them.

Reasons for Choosing Orangescrum

Orangrscrum simply offered the most out of the box. As a startup, my primary concern was for a self-hosted option with a low cost or better still free, as I did not want to get tied into an expensive product that turned out to be not a good fit for a startup. The second requirement was that the first requirement should not force a compromise on the essential feature set.

Reasons for Switching to Orangescrum

I had used osTicket before that I recall being good albeit quite simple and wanted something that offered more features. Then I was in an organisation using JIRA but when I left this was just far too big and clunky for working at the coal face of support without enough new development projects to justify it.

Jose from Inventure Corp

Good and powerful project management solution

Pros

Ease of implementation is a powerful factor on thi software. It is very easy to manage, support most of features needed by any company. There are many add-ons you can get for an affordable price. UI is pretty good too

Cons

I didnt really noticed any cons. The product works just as described.

Reasons for Switching to Orangescrum

It can run in a hosted server. No need for docker implementation

Max J. from Infinity Digital Agency

A Unique Experience When Compared To Other "More Traditional"

Pros

Our agency has been through just about every other project management platform there is. Seriously, mention one, and we have used or at the very least demoed it. The ones that we liked were crazy expensive, and the ones that were more reasonably price were only a little better than excel. OrangeScrum has a delightful blend of affordability and features. I love the dashboards and views that are available. The Kanban view makes it easy for our teams to coordinate. I can take the resource manager and better coordinate the timelines/deadlines for our clients. One unique feature that I have come to love is the "Daily Catchup" which allows me to get an automated summary of everything that was accomplished by my staff during the day. We are not a large company, but sometimes managing team and daily tasks can get a little unwieldy.

Cons

The biggest issue that I am having with the platform is the billable time. OrangeScrum allows you to set certain tasks to "billable". It's great but in order to create an invoice, you need to access each "project" individually instead of a global view of all billable items. If we could get that straightened out, I think it would be a huge improvement!

Christian from LPM Academy

LPM Academy Review

An application that is easy to use in the beginning, which above all also supports projects with international teams.

Pros

Clearly structured and self-explanatory user interface for PM experts. Not overloaded with functions and therefore well applicable for SMEs. The hybrid approach (classic & agile) is in the spirit of the times.

Cons

Unfortunately you have to buy some useful modules to complete the application.

Reasons for Choosing Orangescrum

Basic functionalities are free.

Reasons for Switching to Orangescrum

Not all required functions.

Sridhar from Ace Micromatic Mfg Intelligence Technologies

Industry: Industrial Automation

Project Tracking using Orangescrum

Orangescrum has been quite simple to use and support is great and responsive. Our management needed cost effective and flexible project management solution that will help us track all projects and track resource utilization of our teams spread across different locations. Orangescrum Cloud solution is ideal for small and medium businesses to manage and track their projects. Orangescrum team has been truly responsive to our needs and customize the solution for our needs.

Pros

Time tracking of individual resources on tasks , daily resource utilization, mobile app

Cons

Need improvement on Root causing of reasons for planned vs actual variance and taking corrective and preventive actions and Better Dashboards for top management about project status

Cost, Flexible to our needs, Responsive customer support

Dennis from Ninjalane

Industry: Computer Hardware

Finally a good task tracker

So far I really like it

Pros

When I set out to find a task tracker I found plenty of Cloud based services that seemed to do what I wanted but I really needed to have more control. As a programmer and designer I wanted something that not only worked but that I could also plug into my local systems. OrangeScrum seems to allow me to do that, the addons are a single cost and the self hosting option seems to be priced right.

Cons

It took me a couple days to get the community edition installed. I'm using Slackware 15 (bleeding edge features) and had to downgrade some packages to get OS installed. Installation took awhile as the instructions would assume it to work perfectly out of the box. Granted my distro was not "supported" but its just a web app, you don't need a package to make it work and I'd like to have some instructions to aid in those efforts.

Reasons for Choosing Orangescrum

Self hosting option and one time purchases for add-ons. I'm not sure how updates will be handled and i hope they will be free or reasonably priced.

Shakila from Lucid Technologies and Solutions

Interesting to explore new functionalities of OrangeScrum

Save time Accuracy No reminders required Successful accomplishment Meeting hassle free deadlines Review one's own performance Increase productivity level Choice of selecting tasks without even missing one Keep track on team accomplishment Self encouragement Maintain and manage - Task to do list Time management

Pros

Reports are the new feature that has been added. We have Cloud version installed and really these feature is very useful to get accurate and average reports of tasks and no:of days spent for a particular task of a project in a fraction of seconds. Functionalities of the sub-features under 'Reports' are extremely fast and useful for a software company like our's. Resource Utilization page and weekly status are used frequently to capture daily tasks report..

Cons

I would suggest if Task# or its title is present in "Resolution Time Report" would be fine. because it already has average days and total no:of days to resolve the tasks with no:of tasks, if just an identification is linked to this feature it would be more transparent to extract reports immediately....

Joseph from NLS Banking Solutions

No system has ever made Project Management simpler and enjoyable like OrangeScrum, its just amazing

Time tracking feature has enabled us balance our resources thus enabling project delivery within the stipulated timelines.

Pros

Provides a step by step tracking of the entire project making it possible to plan well in advance your resources to avoid any delays.

Cons

The fact that OrangeScrum is usually unstable and keeps crushing makes it very difficult to work with.

Prince from 01Alchemy

If you're searching for a modern and open source project management tool OrangeScrum may be the best

Pros

OrangeScrum simplifies your project management life: it makes easy to handle all aspects of your projects. You can easily manage tasks, create a direct communication between team members, assign resources and tasks to a particular person and keep track of your expenses. It combines project management, task management and collaboration in a unique Open Source platform giving you total control over your projects. - Open source. - Resource planning and team member reminders via daily updates - Easy to use - Easy to custom - Available in 3 options: Community, Cloud and Enterprise - Inexpensive

Cons

Many things are paid, as a open source software I have expected some of the good features can be free like invoice & Client Management. - Portfolio management not available - Have to pay onetime off for extra features - Facing database connection error so many time - Sending email to the admin not creating task or ticket (only adding email reply into the same task)

Robbin from VANI

Great service, very good support

Pros

Very good service, fast. Excellent support, very quick responses and they help you to solve problems (not that there are much problems, but it is good to know they help out when you need them).

Cons

Not all features we needed are accessible in control panel, but their support team help out quickly to resolve issues.

Robert from Nagalakshmi Solutions LTD

Easy to learn and use and has simplified my day to day running of the HR department in the company.

It simplified the running of the HR department due to the functionalities it possesses.

Pros

It has time-sheet and punch in/out functionalities that make it easy to monitor employee activities on a daily basis.

Cons

It experiences frequent downtime thereby making it impossible to execute important HR functions like leave approvals.

We're using OrangeScrum to manage projects and task lists

Project Management and Task Management Software that is easy to manage at an affordable rate.

Pros

What I like about OrangeScrum is that it has a great user interface that allow you to easily manage projects, monitor tasks and that the open source/community edition has plenty of features. Another great pro is that it's self hosted and you're not storing your complete data set in the cloud.

Cons

So far I've not been really able to determine any noticeable cons on this software other than that the software was running unstable after installation. We had to apply some manual code fixes to fix this problem, but it was minor.

Simple project management and tracking tool

great for managing simple project assignments and tasks

Pros

We used orangescrum to manage our project tasks and collaboration. It was fairly simple to install and use, once you understand the basics of project management

Cons

We found the email alerts to be too many and redundant. Customization was also not simple, which eventually led to the application being under utilized by the team, who preferred to use the help desk application

Mohit from DM

Amazing product in market

Amazing experience

Pros

Perpetual License, amazing addons, innumerable features

Cons

Nothing as of now, it just has perfect functionality, easy to setup

leser features

Tanurima from English Helper edu tech pvt ltd

Awesome

Awesome

Pros

Product is easy to use, and helps in daily activity

Cons

There are too many features, It gets quite confusing if some one try to do find something new

Hari from Chipware Technologies

Good tool for project maintenance

Pros

It is very easy to use, Easy to track the product development progress

Cons

There is no big cons. UI can be simplified.

shoki from Pagoda Labs Pvt. Ltd.

its been great so far and we are adding more plugins to it

Pros

Cons

least is non that i can think of. if the prices were a bit lower for the ad-ons, it would be much popular in emerging markets and developing countries.

Yvonne from Nyamwaro Event Organizers

Makes it very easy to manage and keep track of projects.

Orange SCRUM is the best solution for project collaboration within a team.

Pros

Orange scrum includes an all in one screen covering all modules from project planning to visual project presentation. It is also very simply to understand and use.

Cons

It is harware specific in that it only coveres mac, android, iphone and windows. There is no local coverage for linux users apart from the web-based application which not every user will prefer.

Ryan from Tapestry Technologies

An alright project management solution

Team Project Management

Pros

I like that orangescrum has a lot of customization and has good manageability. Our instance is installed on a dedicated sever on our environment which gives us a lot of control over access

Cons

I dislike that it feels like the product feels out of date compared to other solutions. Also, you have to set this product whereas a lot of other similar products work right away without any setup time

jefffery from BHPG

Industry: Online Media

Good, but...

Overall I believe Orangescrum is a good tool in comparision to many of the other options on the market. This is great for small teams that do not use or are not accustom to using a CMS or CRS.

Pros

Cons

Least liked about "Orange" is the mobility. The frame work/structure of responsive web elements lack and the only option to use mobile app which is available is to pay for executive add-on product. I find myself having to adjust my mobile device to view the structured fields.

Self-Server/Open Source option

Bimlesh from Changia Solutions LLP

Good application

Pros

Tracking and assigning Task are organised and delegation to team is organized and tracked properly

Cons

Some times things get complicated to make some stuff work, for normal users its difficult to capture the problem

Elmar from openpix

It is a great easy to use tool to take control of my development projects.

Pros

OrangeScrum has all necessary features for project control, is user friendly, easy to use and free source. So you can use it as self-hosed free version with the basic features or as a cloud solution. In both ways you can upgrade the system with a lot of extra premium features for your daily work. The customer support team is great and experienced.

Cons

A lot of features are still available as pro elements / add-ons. They are not really expensive, but if you need some of them - you costs can grow up rapidly. The add-on combos/bundles are not free to choice what whould be nice for the customer. If you are using the Cloud solution the user arelimited to 10 in the smallest package and can also grow up fast. So the price model was not so clear for me

Piotr from eSalsa

Really good opens source software. It helps organizing projects.

Pros

Easy to use, yet full of functionality. Different ways to view projects and tasks. Mail notifications. Project reports.

Cons

Most of the functionality uses ajax. Therefore sometimes you have to refresh the page to get the updated data. It doesn't have good support for other languages (for example task titles or descriptions are converted) Time spent on project can only be saved as fraction of base 10.

Nurman from PT.Sarana Pactindo

Review OrangeScrum Feature and Support

I was greatly helped by the Support Orangescrum team.

Pros

User Friendly, AddOn very complete, and assist us in managing the project

Cons

sometimes find mistakes or bugs on orangescrum old version

Andres from NGenious Solutions, Inc.

Product does not match literature, screenshots, or functionality expected

When we asked for customization, they were not transparent about what would or would not work on our self-hosted version vs. their cloud version. They tried to be responsive at the beginning, but it is clear that they are a small company and do not have the resources or expertise to support this tool. Support has been limited even with us buying customization of the tool. We are just now starting to use it after over 5months of having it installed because the company does not do proper QA testing. Every time we have reported a defect or issue, they have broken other functionality while attempting the reported fix. They don't even do regression testing and put the ownership on the client to do that. To add insult to injury, also though their product has fallen very short of expectations and was not Production-ready for months, they refuse to begin the support period from that point in time. Instead, they had started it from when it was purchased, irrespective of our requests. At this point, we have already limited the usage of this tool internally and are working on a replacement

Pros

The interface during the demo period when we were using the hosted cloud solution.

Cons

There are features that have not worked as expected, like reporting, forecasting, reoccurring tasks, actuals calculated incorrectly, 404 messages. Especially the resource forecasting which does not work. The limitations that they did not mention when we asked early on, such as multiple holiday calendars, multiple working schedules.

Toni from Limbic

Great features and a very good price

Pros

Ease of use, very good customer service and an affordable price. We are using Orange Scrum for an year after a deep research for a good and affordable online project management tool and we are sure now that we chose the right one.

Cons

The interface design is sometimes not as eye-catchy as in other similar but more expensive online project managers.

Sithik from USIS TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD

Good product for a startup to medium enterprise with limited budget

Pros

Scrum vs Kanban Dashboards Reports Custom task types

Cons

I would say improvement areas instead: Roles Management, Integrations, Quick create options for project and tasks

Attractive commercial model

Tricia from Sports Info Solutions

Very robust and simple to use. Has a lot of features right out of the box.

Gives a small to medium sized company an easy way to get organized and increase efficiency.

Pros

Easy to get organized and set up tasks and projects. Subgroups are helpful. Time reporting is a really nice feature. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

Links don't always take you to the right places, and the executive level reporting needs improvement.

Safiq from Chipware Technologies Pvt Ltd

Nice and Easy PM Tool

Pros

Easy to install and configure on any platform including window, mac, ubuntu or debian.

Cons

Time tracking and user management should be added to the base pack itself

Jason from Bunnell Associates

Great idea, poor execution

Disappointed. I made the recommendation to use this and paid for the premium version, but that has made me look bad.

Pros

The price was the primary reason I tried this software. The price is low comparatively.

Cons

I have consulted with a dozen companies and have used half a dozen project management tools and this is probably my least favorite. No intuitive way for a manager to see outstanding tasks for employees s)he is responsible for. No intuitive way for a user to see tasks are outstanding regardless of project, but can only see outstanding tasks for a project. Cannot group tasks in a project. Cannot asign sub tasks. There is an issue with login. Someone else on the team complained about the issue. Now I am struggling with the same issue.

Asana is too expensive.

Sagar from Acumen Physician Solutions

Makes agile teams more efficient

Managing sprint and release cycles to track the progress if product development. So far satisfied with the product.

Pros

As an organization, we moved to Agile about a year ago and we use Orange Scrum to track our sprints and iterations. Gives a very clear and visual progress of our sprint work. Orange Scrum provides different graphs to indicate the progress of the product development and helps us create individual tasks to reach the goal set by the product team

Cons

The tool is awesome but the only thing I would like to point out is we can have more options and configurations which are customizable in nature more specific for our team

Daniel from Gary Plastic Packaging Corp

Industry: Plastics

good while it lasted

pretty cool tool

Pros

ease of use was pretty good and I love the daily catch up

Cons

had to click on too many buttons to move to different screens

Success on new installation of OrangeScrum

Pros

The ease of use and installation, main functionnalities are very useful

Cons

I was not able to customize appearance at first use

Camille from NETIDATA

A MUST HAVE

Pros

This was exactly what we was looking for. It really fits our daily needs.

Cons

It could be improved with more custom fields.

Gordon from Nagalakshmi Solutions LTD

Orange scrum is a superb system that has enabled our team to work in collaboration on projects.

Pros

It enables project progress tracking on each of the project modules. It assists in time management to ensure projects are completed in timely fashion. It simplifies human resource tasks such as time sheets, attendance and leaves.

Cons

The software has a lot of unresolved bugs, Which makes it very difficult to setup correctly and this is also reflected during system usage where the system may crush and causes loss of useful data.

Emily from UCA

Very simple project management software, amazing for start up companies.

Pros

I really like how it is extremely easy to use. Especially for its price point, you can get a lot out of this software.

Clotilde from UENSA

Take control of your project and tasks efficiently.

Pros

I was very impressed with the ease of use of its interface and all its features to manage projects. It is a platform that can be customized to our needs. It maintains a technical support that offers assistance to any requirement. A very important fact for those who manage their projects using other platforms, is that it offers a specialized service in migrating data from their projects to OrangeScrum.

Cons

The software seemed quite stable, flexible in its use, but they have many more benefits that are only applicable to your project as long as you acquire the payment license, of which there is a wide variety at affordable prices and according to the importance and complexity of this tool.

Petr from IIT Group Ltd.

PM tool that helps

Pros

We have chosen this one for the ability to develop our own extensions and make changes required for our line of business

Cons

Responsiveness, that is so far the biggest issue we have with the product

Reasons for Switching to Orangescrum

Complexity of the existing system was too high to effectively manage our agile teams

Chase from Windsor Sales inc

Industry: Wholesale

Orangescrum gets the job done

This has helped us get our projects in order and on time

Pros

Easy to use Fast Feature rich Easy to administrate

Cons

Certain modules are not included by default.

Erik from Hospital & Health Care

Best tool i've found

Pros

It is very simple and open source. We are a small Team, so we searches something that is easy to use. The tool is perfekt for us. The installation was very simple and quick. It was very important to find a tool that is not bind to a cloud system. Good job OrangeScrum!

Cons

Nothing found yet! The only thing I'm still searching is: "Where can i change the exchange Server settings?". But that's not very important for me.

adam from Insurity

Quick, Easy to use, Great Value

Pros

*On-Prem - coming from an IT company, keeping all your data local and protected is a massive benefit to any organization. *Fast and easy to use interface (New UI) *Easy and clearly visible tasks that need to be completed. Allows our team to quickly gage task that need attention to get projects completed faster.

Cons

as of right now, I have not found any major issue with the software. Easy to setup which make life a breeze when your a small shop.

Arunachalam from Lucid

Orange Scrum

Pros

I don't find anything as a pro in this software as the other softwares in the market provide good feel than this.

Cons

Very slow in performance Cannot handle the load UI is not user-friendly. Hard while switching between tasks of different projects

Arun from Letsservice pvt ltd

Best to use

Pros

Easy to use , user friendly can one can use very easily

Cons

we have not seen any problem till now so no crons

Kanishka from Pristine Solutions (Pvt) Ltd

Use of orange scrum

Overall it good software but sometimes hard to connect to main server

Pros

Graphical interface ,easy to plan and log task which is assigned

Cons

Have problems with hosting with system and user having trouble in logging time

Ricky from Ventrop Engineering

Good project managment

Pros

Easy to use, organize, manage and assign task to employees. Quick overview of task status and hours spent on task.

Cons

Customizing the layout is was not an easy task.

Syed Saqib from Worldpay

Wonderful platform to work on

I would totally recommend this for startups with ~500 employees

Pros

Very user friendly interface and an eye candy as well Works like a charm Monitoring the user activity is very easy Totally customizable that can suit everyone's needs Open source for small organizations

Cons

Sometimes we get lost in navigation Confusing for first time users Nothing more which I can think of.