• Pros

• "It is very easy to use, Easy to track the product development progress"

• "easy to install and its on php. anything we need we can have it changed by our developers themselves. the customer service is great. "

• "Very good service, fast. Excellent support, very quick responses and they help you to solve problems (not that there are much problems, but it is good to know they help out when you need them)."

• Cons

• "I definitely wish there was more to it. I would be willing to spend a tad bit more to be able to customize it more. "

• "Takes a while to learn what all is possible with the software Mobile app isn’t too useful, I usually end up signing on through my browser"

• "The only con I can think of, is that the web version isn't responsive. Having it responsive would make it easier for clients that don't have the mobile app easier for them to use while on the go."

Browse Orangescrum Reviews

Cherri from Discount Coffee.com, Inc

Have used many, many different Project Management Software, and this so far has been the best!

Pros

My oversea's project team has been using this software to keep tickets working, communicate back and forth, and set deadlines. I love the way you can just respond back thru the same email that notified me of the communication and not have to log into the actual software and find the ticket to respond. I wish more support companies used this program. Nothing is more frustrating than getting an email that my ticket has been responded to, but I can't see the comment or respond without first logging into the software. OrangeScrum works so well, I almost never see the ticket dashboard. Now that is perfect!

Cons

As and end user, I have found nothing I don't like about the software. I only wish more support programs used it. I am a big RackSpace fan, but I hate their ticket support system...OrangeScrum would fix that if only they would give it a try.

James from The Web Design Hub, LLC

Fantastic Project Management System

Orangescrum made it extremely easy for us to keep track of our projects, keep our clients updated on their projects. It also gave us a way for clients to submit all of their content for their projects and by doing that, it cut down on the number of emails we would get with project material. Having all of our project material in one location made it easy for everyone involved with any project, to stay up to date with new files and changes.

Pros

The ease of use is the thing I liked most about this. My clients are very comfortable with the layout and platform.

Reasons for Choosing Orangescrum

- The ease of use. - The ease of setup. - Ease of navigation. - Amazing dashboard layout. - Ease of customization.

Sagar from Acumen Physician Solutions

Makes agile teams more efficient

Managing sprint and release cycles to track the progress if product development. So far satisfied with the product.

Pros

As an organization, we moved to Agile about a year ago and we use Orange Scrum to track our sprints and iterations. Gives a very clear and visual progress of our sprint work. Orange Scrum provides different graphs to indicate the progress of the product development and helps us create individual tasks to reach the goal set by the product team

Cons

The tool is awesome but the only thing I would like to point out is we can have more options and configurations which are customizable in nature more specific for our team

Safiq from Chipware Technologies Pvt Ltd

Nice and Easy PM Tool

Pros

Easy to install and configure on any platform including window, mac, ubuntu or debian.

Cons

Time tracking and user management should be added to the base pack itself

Jason from Bunnell Associates

Great idea, poor execution

Disappointed. I made the recommendation to use this and paid for the premium version, but that has made me look bad.

Pros

The price was the primary reason I tried this software. The price is low comparatively.

Cons

I have consulted with a dozen companies and have used half a dozen project management tools and this is probably my least favorite. No intuitive way for a manager to see outstanding tasks for employees s)he is responsible for. No intuitive way for a user to see tasks are outstanding regardless of project, but can only see outstanding tasks for a project. Cannot group tasks in a project. Cannot asign sub tasks. There is an issue with login. Someone else on the team complained about the issue. Now I am struggling with the same issue.

Mohit from DM

Amazing product in market

Amazing experience

Pros

Perpetual License, amazing addons, innumerable features

Cons

Nothing as of now, it just has perfect functionality, easy to setup

Sithik from USIS TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD

Good product for a startup to medium enterprise with limited budget

Pros

Scrum vs Kanban Dashboards Reports Custom task types

Cons

I would say improvement areas instead: Roles Management, Integrations, Quick create options for project and tasks

Reasons for Choosing Orangescrum

Attractive commercial model

Success on new installation of OrangeScrum

Pros

The ease of use and installation, main functionnalities are very useful

Cons

I was not able to customize appearance at first use

Petr from IIT Group Ltd.

PM tool that helps

Pros

We have chosen this one for the ability to develop our own extensions and make changes required for our line of business

Cons

Responsiveness, that is so far the biggest issue we have with the product

Chase from Windsor Sales inc

Industry: Wholesale

Orangescrum gets the job done

This has helped us get our projects in order and on time

Pros

Easy to use Fast Feature rich Easy to administrate

Cons

Certain modules are not included by default.

Max J. from Infinity Digital Agency

A Unique Experience When Compared To Other "More Traditional"

Pros

Our agency has been through just about every other project management platform there is. Seriously, mention one, and we have used or at the very least demoed it. The ones that we liked were crazy expensive, and the ones that were more reasonably price were only a little better than excel. OrangeScrum has a delightful blend of affordability and features. I love the dashboards and views that are available. The Kanban view makes it easy for our teams to coordinate. I can take the resource manager and better coordinate the timelines/deadlines for our clients. One unique feature that I have come to love is the "Daily Catchup" which allows me to get an automated summary of everything that was accomplished by my staff during the day. We are not a large company, but sometimes managing team and daily tasks can get a little unwieldy.

Cons

The biggest issue that I am having with the platform is the billable time. OrangeScrum allows you to set certain tasks to "billable". It's great but in order to create an invoice, you need to access each "project" individually instead of a global view of all billable items. If we could get that straightened out, I think it would be a huge improvement!

Shakila from Lucid Technologies and Solutions

Interesting to explore new functionalities of OrangeScrum

Save time Accuracy No reminders required Successful accomplishment Meeting hassle free deadlines Review one's own performance Increase productivity level Choice of selecting tasks without even missing one Keep track on team accomplishment Self encouragement Maintain and manage - Task to do list Time management

Pros

Reports are the new feature that has been added. We have Cloud version installed and really these feature is very useful to get accurate and average reports of tasks and no:of days spent for a particular task of a project in a fraction of seconds. Functionalities of the sub-features under 'Reports' are extremely fast and useful for a software company like our's. Resource Utilization page and weekly status are used frequently to capture daily tasks report..

Cons

I would suggest if Task# or its title is present in "Resolution Time Report" would be fine. because it already has average days and total no:of days to resolve the tasks with no:of tasks, if just an identification is linked to this feature it would be more transparent to extract reports immediately....

Joseph from NLS Banking Solutions

No system has ever made Project Management simpler and enjoyable like OrangeScrum, its just amazing

Time tracking feature has enabled us balance our resources thus enabling project delivery within the stipulated timelines.

Pros

Provides a step by step tracking of the entire project making it possible to plan well in advance your resources to avoid any delays.

Cons

The fact that OrangeScrum is usually unstable and keeps crushing makes it very difficult to work with.

Prince from 01Alchemy

If you're searching for a modern and open source project management tool OrangeScrum may be the best

Pros

OrangeScrum simplifies your project management life: it makes easy to handle all aspects of your projects. You can easily manage tasks, create a direct communication between team members, assign resources and tasks to a particular person and keep track of your expenses. It combines project management, task management and collaboration in a unique Open Source platform giving you total control over your projects. - Open source. - Resource planning and team member reminders via daily updates - Easy to use - Easy to custom - Available in 3 options: Community, Cloud and Enterprise - Inexpensive

Cons

Many things are paid, as a open source software I have expected some of the good features can be free like invoice & Client Management. - Portfolio management not available - Have to pay onetime off for extra features - Facing database connection error so many time - Sending email to the admin not creating task or ticket (only adding email reply into the same task)

Robbin from VANI

Great service, very good support

Pros

Cons

Not all features we needed are accessible in control panel, but their support team help out quickly to resolve issues.

Robert from Nagalakshmi Solutions LTD

Easy to learn and use and has simplified my day to day running of the HR department in the company.

It simplified the running of the HR department due to the functionalities it possesses.

Pros

It has time-sheet and punch in/out functionalities that make it easy to monitor employee activities on a daily basis.

Cons

It experiences frequent downtime thereby making it impossible to execute important HR functions like leave approvals.

We're using OrangeScrum to manage projects and task lists

Project Management and Task Management Software that is easy to manage at an affordable rate.

Pros

What I like about OrangeScrum is that it has a great user interface that allow you to easily manage projects, monitor tasks and that the open source/community edition has plenty of features. Another great pro is that it's self hosted and you're not storing your complete data set in the cloud.

Cons

So far I've not been really able to determine any noticeable cons on this software other than that the software was running unstable after installation. We had to apply some manual code fixes to fix this problem, but it was minor.

Simple project management and tracking tool

great for managing simple project assignments and tasks

Pros

We used orangescrum to manage our project tasks and collaboration. It was fairly simple to install and use, once you understand the basics of project management

Cons

We found the email alerts to be too many and redundant. Customization was also not simple, which eventually led to the application being under utilized by the team, who preferred to use the help desk application

shoki from Pagoda Labs Pvt. Ltd.

its been great so far and we are adding more plugins to it

Pros

Cons

least is non that i can think of. if the prices were a bit lower for the ad-ons, it would be much popular in emerging markets and developing countries.

Yvonne from Nyamwaro Event Organizers

Makes it very easy to manage and keep track of projects.

Orange SCRUM is the best solution for project collaboration within a team.

Pros

Orange scrum includes an all in one screen covering all modules from project planning to visual project presentation. It is also very simply to understand and use.

Cons

It is harware specific in that it only coveres mac, android, iphone and windows. There is no local coverage for linux users apart from the web-based application which not every user will prefer.

Ryan from Tapestry Technologies

An alright project management solution

Team Project Management

Pros

I like that orangescrum has a lot of customization and has good manageability. Our instance is installed on a dedicated sever on our environment which gives us a lot of control over access

Cons

I dislike that it feels like the product feels out of date compared to other solutions. Also, you have to set this product whereas a lot of other similar products work right away without any setup time

Elmar from openpix

It is a great easy to use tool to take control of my development projects.

Pros

OrangeScrum has all necessary features for project control, is user friendly, easy to use and free source. So you can use it as self-hosed free version with the basic features or as a cloud solution. In both ways you can upgrade the system with a lot of extra premium features for your daily work. The customer support team is great and experienced.

Cons

A lot of features are still available as pro elements / add-ons. They are not really expensive, but if you need some of them - you costs can grow up rapidly. The add-on combos/bundles are not free to choice what whould be nice for the customer. If you are using the Cloud solution the user arelimited to 10 in the smallest package and can also grow up fast. So the price model was not so clear for me

Piotr from eSalsa

Really good opens source software. It helps organizing projects.

Pros

Easy to use, yet full of functionality. Different ways to view projects and tasks. Mail notifications. Project reports.

Cons

Most of the functionality uses ajax. Therefore sometimes you have to refresh the page to get the updated data. It doesn't have good support for other languages (for example task titles or descriptions are converted) Time spent on project can only be saved as fraction of base 10.

Toni from Limbic

Great features and a very good price

Pros

Ease of use, very good customer service and an affordable price. We are using Orange Scrum for an year after a deep research for a good and affordable online project management tool and we are sure now that we chose the right one.

Cons

The interface design is sometimes not as eye-catchy as in other similar but more expensive online project managers.

Nurman from PT.Sarana Pactindo

Review OrangeScrum Feature and Support

I was greatly helped by the Support Orangescrum team.

Pros

User Friendly, AddOn very complete, and assist us in managing the project

Cons

sometimes find mistakes or bugs on orangescrum old version

Tricia from Sports Info Solutions

Very robust and simple to use. Has a lot of features right out of the box.

Gives a small to medium sized company an easy way to get organized and increase efficiency.

Pros

Easy to get organized and set up tasks and projects. Subgroups are helpful. Time reporting is a really nice feature. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

Links don't always take you to the right places, and the executive level reporting needs improvement.

Daniel from Gary Plastic Packaging Corp

Industry: Plastics

good while it lasted

pretty cool tool

Pros

ease of use was pretty good and I love the daily catch up

Cons

had to click on too many buttons to move to different screens

Gordon from Nagalakshmi Solutions LTD

Orange scrum is a superb system that has enabled our team to work in collaboration on projects.

Pros

It enables project progress tracking on each of the project modules. It assists in time management to ensure projects are completed in timely fashion. It simplifies human resource tasks such as time sheets, attendance and leaves.

Cons

The software has a lot of unresolved bugs, Which makes it very difficult to setup correctly and this is also reflected during system usage where the system may crush and causes loss of useful data.

Emily from UCA

Very simple project management software, amazing for start up companies.

Pros

I really like how it is extremely easy to use. Especially for its price point, you can get a lot out of this software.

Clotilde from UENSA

Take control of your project and tasks efficiently.

Pros

I was very impressed with the ease of use of its interface and all its features to manage projects. It is a platform that can be customized to our needs. It maintains a technical support that offers assistance to any requirement. A very important fact for those who manage their projects using other platforms, is that it offers a specialized service in migrating data from their projects to OrangeScrum.

Cons

The software seemed quite stable, flexible in its use, but they have many more benefits that are only applicable to your project as long as you acquire the payment license, of which there is a wide variety at affordable prices and according to the importance and complexity of this tool.

adam from Insurity

Quick, Easy to use, Great Value

Pros

*On-Prem - coming from an IT company, keeping all your data local and protected is a massive benefit to any organization. *Fast and easy to use interface (New UI) *Easy and clearly visible tasks that need to be completed. Allows our team to quickly gage task that need attention to get projects completed faster.

Cons

as of right now, I have not found any major issue with the software. Easy to setup which make life a breeze when your a small shop.

Arun from Letsservice pvt ltd

Best to use

Pros

Easy to use , user friendly can one can use very easily

Cons

we have not seen any problem till now so no crons

Kanishka from Pristine Solutions (Pvt) Ltd

Use of orange scrum

Overall it good software but sometimes hard to connect to main server

Pros

Graphical interface ,easy to plan and log task which is assigned

Cons

Have problems with hosting with system and user having trouble in logging time

Syed Saqib from Worldpay

Wonderful platform to work on

I would totally recommend this for startups with ~500 employees

Pros

Very user friendly interface and an eye candy as well Works like a charm Monitoring the user activity is very easy Totally customizable that can suit everyone's needs Open source for small organizations

Cons

Sometimes we get lost in navigation Confusing for first time users Nothing more which I can think of.

Oluwatobiloba from Biosec Solutions

I must say the customer service is very remarkable. I am actually very impressed

It helps my project manager to manage her projects as well as get notifications. And I have the opportunity to customize the software to the company needs

Pros

It allows self hosting. And it's free source. I like the fact you can redesign it to whatever you want from it.

Cons

It has certain limitations without premium features. It has a few needed add-one disabled on the free software

Great PM platform for team projects

Pros

Gantt chart feature Kanban board User management

Cons

It would nice to have more billing options for small student team projects

willy from PACS LTD

Nice

Pros

Have all the features to do with construction

Cons

Nothing wrong with it all the features regarding construction are here

Hardik from Akhila

opensource version test

Pros

easyness of the software and usecase is very good.

Cons

installation guide needs lot of improvements.

Brian from Aiqua

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Clumsy with poor customer service

Keep looking, your team deserves better tools.

Pros

Basic ticketing system didn't require a big learning curve. Most things were where there should be.

Cons

For a good workflow software, Gantt chart interactivity is crucial and Orangescrum's is clunky & buggy. Making date changes was a roll of the dice if they'd save or not & screen resizing issues made it unworkable. Tried but couldn't get the rest of the team to buy into it & we moved onto more polished workflow software.

Benjamin from Buy The Way

I had some questions about direct sharing tickets, the support easlily guide me through.

Pros

The app is easy to use, human-first and can be used by any IT profile (manager, products owners, developpers, customers ...)

Cons

Some features could be more accessible, the global use of Orangescrum still really easy and nice to use.

joe from Windowware Pro

Couldn't be happier!

The support staff went over and beyond to help me set up my copy and install the add-ons I purchase. Worth every penny!

Pros

This software looks amazing and works beautifully.

Cons

Nothing. I can't find a single issue that I could complain about.

Muhammad from ProjectX

Nice easy and Good for Startups

Pros

Free and opensource, the ui is simple and intuitive, configurations are simple

Cons

Lagging in a few fields, some of the important features are not free where as they could have been.

Shraddha from Sharda University

Best product for freshers

Pros

It is very useful for the students. As students who don't have keen knowledge in the field of project management can easily learn important skills. It is very beneficial. It has useful demo also for many options.

Cons

It just need to have some detailed description of options like one line definition for task group and task.

Jonathan from KLJWTech

Industry: Computer Networking

Great Project Manager

Love it so far

Pros

Easy to install and nice UI, overall nice addition to IT systems

Cons

Expensive add ons, hard to justify for a small company that wants to track projects.

Phil from Phixed Borkenhagen Mgge

OrangeScrum Community Edition

Pros

- free - nice layout - easy use - all features needed

Cons

- some settings hard to find - no real administrator layout - docker version limits setup possibilites

Mathew from ATLANCIS Technologies

Industry: Publishing

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use User interface Workflows Database schema

Cons

Inability to incorporate billing and payment. New users unable to signup on their own.

arun from JD

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good..!

Pros

i very liked to dashboard, custom task type creation and etc

Cons

addons cost very high and need to clear the issue customer itself

Valerio from Wallace Solution

Does what it promises

It allows me to take control of my development projects. We are currently evaluating it and I think it can be an option against the popular Atlassian Jira. I think that to achieve a significant cost savings, it should be used in groups of 10 or more users.

Pros

OrangeScrum is a software that has all the necessary features for project control softwares. I like that the registration is very simple, the price is easy to understand and perhaps for teams of many people can reduce the usual cost of this type of software. It includes time log, generation of invoices, control of tasks, assignment of responsible, management of the status of each task within the project. It has a Gant view and another Kanban view.

Cons

What I do not like is that at the design level it does not look modern and maybe it can improve in that sense; however, it works as it should. Another thing that I do not like is in the subject of the invoice, I can not change the location of the elements of the invoice to adapt it to my current invoice scheme. Similarly, the invoices are not intended for a public outside the United States, for example, for the Latin American market it is necessary to include fields within the invoice that do not exist in this application.

Rana from Rura Technology

Simple and easy to use project management tools. Really love the quick and responsive support!

I can handle and monitor the progress of my projects through websites and mobile devices.

Pros

Simplicity and easy to use. Has many add-ons and very modular. The people behind this product support are excellent, they provide quick responses to problems I had before. For me this product is best value for money to spend on project management tools.

Cons

Its too bad the application written in PHP. There is no option to personalize themes through configuration panel. I also cannot found a documentation to write an add-on.

Jay from Cordeos Corp.

Industry: Computer Networking

Difficult and buggy

Headache

Pros

This is a pretty good start to much needed open source, self hosted option for project management software platform, but....

Cons

Wow this web application is horrible under the hood. Terrible documentation, difficult to safely install and customize, even worse security and super buggy. Plus their website and business approach is like a late night infomercial... Buy buy buy... Now now now! Nothing about this project inspires trust for professionals looking for a good project manager tool.