• Pros

• "Incredibly easy to use and includes all the features I need for my business in one product"

• "- easy to use - easy to manage - fair price - good support"

• "Great user interface Reporting tools Value for the money"

• Cons

• "There is some structure to the design that works well for us but does present some inflexibility as well."

• "The price listing still a little bit high, need to reconsider"

• "It used to be that there was no easy way to see which tasks had been viewed or commented on but the new feature changed my only con!"

Browse Intervals Reviews

Bill from Grey Visual

Finally found an integrated Project Management and Time Tracking tool for web designers!

Intervals is just so fast and flexible. For a web designer, it's hard to imagine that one couldn't benefit by using it. We've been using it for several years now. Every system has its learning curve. But this one is pretty easy! Written by designers.... for designers! They knew the territory and made it easier for the rest of us.

Pros

Might sound funny...but probably my favorite thing is the email queue that allows me to forward client requests directly into a project for time keeping. I use it constantly. It really helps when you're busy to "keep the flow going"! But honestly, there are so many conveniences with Intervals. And it's so fast and smooth!

Cons

I wish there were an easier way to attach sales tax to individual tasks for "non-web"projects. Right now you have to make a separate project for print projects like logos or brochures. It's easy enough to do, but we are always lookijng for "easier" :-) These print projects inevitably come along with web design if one has the skills.

The best time & project tracking system for our consulting business

Over 20 years, we've gone from Excel-based time reports to one or two other systems in our office. They all were not that great but got the job done. Then we tried Intervals and it was like a breath of fresh air. It is an easy to use (once you get used to it and go through the training), logically laid out system, that is reliable and has good support. Our whole firm has used it for over 5 years. It has evolved nicely during that time. The company that makes it seems to be led by good people. I've introduced several other firms to it and they have been happy with it also.

Pros

First, we've been a user for 5+ years and Intervals has been rock-solid. No disasters, no corrupted data, etc. Second, the system is very logical in how you work with it Third, Time entry is a breeze, which makes billable time tracking across a group of 30 people much easier to do, because we get good participation from our team members Fourth, the ability to export any report to Excel, PDF, etc. is fantastic. Every app should provide consistent output format in various file formats, if that makes sense. No matter which export format you choose, it looks like it should when it is displayed, printed or emailed, etc. Fifth, I think their support is great, although we don't need to use it much given how easy it is (once you get used to it) Sixth, these guys don't rest on their laurels and instead, continually improve the software

Cons

It has needed a mobile app for a long time. We've been waiting for it for a couple years. I've heard it is coming soon, I'm guessing early 2019. We'll see. It absolutely needs one more access level for managers, project managers and executives. It kind of has two of the three, as well as a couple others, but this has been needed for a while.

Rod from Panalysis

Nice but needs more

We are are active users of this service but there are many things that it doesn't do well. We find that getting this integrated with our other systems is a challenge and that other products on the market are beginning to offer attractive features. As changing platforms means that we need to change our business practices we are not looking to move (at least in the near term) but at some point other features may attract us to other platforms. One challenge is integration with our accounting software Saasu. The ability to invoice within Intervals is OK but it isn't an accounting tool. There are many features that would be useful and I have suggested adding tags to all of the levels as a feature request in the past so that we can better identify groups of tasks or projects. Reporting isn't great and we find that we have to export the data and use other services to get the reports that we need. New features don't seem to appear that often which does make me wonder whether this service is seen more as a cash cow for the company than an actively developed service that will maintain its competitive edge over time.

Pros

Price point is good. It is easy to use.

Cons

Lack of features, difficulty in integration

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We understand how integrating Intervals with third-party tools can be a challenge, and it's one of the areas we are improving. We've recently launched a few more integrations, and we're currently evaluating which ones to add next. Our goal is to continue adding the features and integrations that will benefit the majority of our customers the most. We'll be taking your notes into consideration as we do so. Thank you, again, for sharing.

Clark from RidgeRun, LLC

RidgeRun Engineering Review

The tool is excellent for cross / site, global task management, time tracking and invoicing for time billed on an hourly basis. We also sell software and had to work around some issues to reflect invoices for software sales in the system. We are really looking for request tracking, estimating and resource planning in the same intuitive, simple method as the other features. Intervals folks are fantastic at customer support.. Great rating for the features that exist!

Pros

Simple task management and time management in a great web based tools. Intuitive, not over featured which is the plague of many tools. Good reporting, fantastic customer support

Cons

We really would like a simple customer inquiry, estimating and resource planning front-end with the same simple interface, not over featured, but covering the 80% of common requests. Invoicing should have an ability to have non-labor invoices kept out from the labor reporting. Payments made on non-labor items seem to subtract from the outstanding balance report which is what is used to determine which customers have outstanding labor items to bill. This has lead to some time against customers projects to not get billed. We have worked around it in a clunky way by creating "For billing purposes only" projects. All these extra projects take from the number of active projects which drives our license cost, but is necessary to avoid missing billing for labor spent on projects

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We've been considering some lightweight estimating and resource planning tools, so thank you for sharing how that would be useful. we'll be sure to update our roadmap if we move forward with any of them. Meanwhile, take a look at the request queue, found under the Tasks tab, for managing customer inquiries. We've also added a lightweight resource allocation report that may help with resource planning.

Mark from Communication Mark

Very Pleased

I purchased Intervals for my small business to make it easier to track and assign tasks. We previously had a system that no one (including me) used because it was not at all intuitive and was a poor fit with what we needed. I looked at a lot of other systems, including BaseCamp, Asana and a few others that are commonly recommended. Intervals was the best fit for what we were seeking.

Pros

The biggest 'pro' is that everyone (!) who works at my business uses it and finds that it is very intuitive. Everyone agrees that it makes our work easier and is a pleasure to use. It is very affordable for the features it offers and the numbers of projects/tasks that you can create a big selling point for me was that I could get everything that I needed for about $50 or so per month, without worrying about immediately outgrowing the system. Intervals is very forgiving when errors are made it warns you when you are about to leave a page without saving, for instance, but doesn't bombard you with alerts that aren't needed. It has plenty of room for saving documents and allows comments to be made in Intervals via any email address. It stood out from some other software in that it is also more customizable. Their customer service is excellent, and you can tell that they actually use the software and have thought through and learned what works and what doesn't. A fully-functional timer / timesheet system is another big plus.

Cons

Intervals introduces new features every quarter or so one of the latest is adding files through drag and drop. The lack of drag and drop used to be the biggest con for me, since I upload files often. So, no longer a con. That system could be a little more streamlined, and there are some file management features that I'd like to see improvements on (and which I've recommended to Intervals staff  I love that you can do that and that they actually listen!), such as the ability to organize files into folders (each task sort of acts like a folder, so this is not a big issue in most cases sometimes we have 50 files attached to a task so we have to scroll a bit). Also, the interface design is a little less contemporary than some others. However, these are all very minor, picky issues in comparison to what you get with Intervals software that more than does its job and offers more bang for the buck than its competitors.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Mark, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate your feedback on document uploads and the interface. It's very helpful feedback. In regards to the interface, we've recently launched a new look, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Jessica from IDEA Analytics

Industry: Research

Small business lifesaver

I manage multiple contracts, different periods of performance, different small teams, different pricing s has done it all for me. I don’t stress when I do invoicing. Ease of reports and estimations for business proposals. Can’t say enough good things

Pros

1. Documentation and responsiveness from support. Customer service means everything to my clients, so another company that performs this way to keep me operational is excellent. 2. Ease to implement, change and operate. This is a no fuss-get business done platform. If you’re looking for bubbly themes and widgets, go elsewhere. This streamlines the management of your work in a professional way for all industries, and let’s you focus on doing your life’s calling 3. Pricing and performance. Every year or so I look at what is out there. I consider moving to something that may be a tad more expensive thinking I will get something different. Doesn’t exist for the small business team (in my opinion). Pricing has stayed consistent and reasonable for small businesses and doesn’t sacrifice on the first two items mentioned here!

Cons

Nothing I can think of...other than doing the work for me!

Istvan from Advancetech SRL

September 2016

Very good task management tool

All our activity is based around Time Task. We are using it as incident management tool for IT support and it does a decent job for a more than a fair price.

Pros

- easy to use - easy to manage - fair price - good support

Cons

- it would be nice to have the possibility to set alerts for a specified date and time - it would be nice to be able to restrict users to set only allowed task statuses

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Istvan, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate your ideas on how we can use date and time alerts and more in-depth user restrictions. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

George from Franklin Street Valuation Advisory

Great product.

We have been using for over a year now and the platform works great. There are some reporting issues we would like to see added but overall Intervals works wonderfully and fits our need.

Pros

Web based platform and ease of use.

Cons

lack of reporting options for my profession

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We sincerely appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that Intervals is working for most of your needs. We do our best to make the reporting flexible enough to handle a wide variety of use cases. But we understand we can't hit them all. Please feel free to reach out to us at support@myintervals.com with ideas on how to make the reports better. Meanwhile, we do have two options that might help plug in some of the missing pieces. One is the option to export report results to Excel, where the data can be modified more. The other option is our RESTful API, which can be used to extract raw data for building custom reports.

Amir from Rainer Comuunications

good, but could be better...

i've been using intervals for a few years now. basicaly, it answers our needs, but the main thing I feel missing is an integration to services like zapier, which are the only way to sync with our sales CRM... second, i think the task view should be much more intuitive. thanks!

Response from Pelago

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are considering integrating with Zapier and appreciate the feedback. We have been rolling out more and more integrations and Zapier has a good chance of making the list. Regarding the task listing, we are actively working on overhauling the user interface and the task listing will be changing. If you have any specific questions about the changes please contact our support team (support@myintervals.com).

Intervals is a cost effective answer for project management

Intervals is a web-based PM tool that can be accessed from anywhere by team members. Project creation, tracking, updates, costing etc. are easily and quickly accomplished on this tool.

Pros

Intuitive, extremely user-friendly project management tool. Project creation, task creation, duplication and cost-related features are outstanding.

Cons

This is a terrific PM product; so much in fact, that the wealth of other features were almost too overwhelming (and not every feature was used.)

Andre from NovaSyst

Rock solid - powerful - affordable - Project management tool

We have been using Intervals for 6 years and it is still the perfect tool for our engineering company. We trust this tool as our central (and only) hours worked database. We use it to bill our customers, to pay our employees and to follow the progress of of our projects too! It has performed flawlessly for 6 years and it is simply fantastic!!!

Pros

- Cloud-based. A must for us as our employees can work from where ever they are - Reliable - never lost data or obtained a bad report - Powerful - The data in the database can be analyzed in many different ways as provided by the built-in reports. Easy export to external processing tools if necessary. - PERFECT for project-based companies. Perfect!

Cons

Not much. Some may find it more complicated than simpler tools, but that is the price to pay to enjoy a professional grade tool...

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Andre, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Paul from Buhler Versatile

September 2016

The Best Project Management software available.

We spent 2 months researching all the available software programs and none could meet all our requirements with the exception of Intervals. This software is so simple that our entire company use sit. We set it up in a day and it was operational 2 days latter. The training was simple so all the users felt comfortable in learning it and then advancing to the more powerful features of the software. It was become the base of communication for the company and drives efficiency in reducing non value added activities. Whenever I have a question on a feature or our data, I usually get an answer within an hour. Very fast response.

Pros

It is so simple and yet so powerful. I love the reporting and the communication updating. Costs. Their costing model work very well for us. Project updating. Its real time and I am always up to speed with the latest updates on the projects. Timesheets. The method of tracking progress using timesheets is an extremely powerful tool.

Cons

I hope this software lasts forever. I cant ever image life without it. Downloading of large data can be better but I can manage

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Paul, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate your feedback. In regards to downloading data, we are continually making optimizations to speed up downloads. If a particular area is slowing down, please let us know so we can focus our efforts. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Nichole from Scientific Games

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

September 2016

Great all around Product! Highly recommend!

We began using Intervals several years ago when our In-house Creative Services team outgrew the Excel Spreadsheet. We were inputing data, tracking project, etc. through Excel and then time tracking through Harvest. It was very redundant with an excessive amount of data entry for each task that came in. We were looking for a simple solution, easy input, and time tracking. Intervals had all of the feature that we needed. It's worked very well.

Pros

I like most the external request queue. I will often send emails to this as a reminder and has made tracking projects and submitting projects very easy. No complicated forms to fill out. I like the ability to run times and input data at a later date. The reports have been very helpful for performance review and project audits.

Cons

I would like it to be more adaptable to forms and collaboration with online users. It is hard to get everyone to always change statuses and track time - but I think that is a people training issue. We don't invoice so it would be nice to maybe turn off some of the functionality that we don't use. Would love to get some training or webinars on how to better use this software.

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Intervals so thoroughly. We truly appreciate it. We know what it's like to outgrow Excel. It's part of the story behind how Intervals was born. As for adaptability, we've got some ideas brewing on how to add more collaboration features in the future. If you have any more ideas you'd like to contribute, feel free to reach out to us at support@myintervals.com

Thomas from sthot systems

September 2016

Single most important decision to enhance my business

Since I use the the time management of intervals customer satisfaction has greatly increased due to better delivery timing. Moreover I was able to adjust pricing and project cost calculations neatly, having great statistics and overviews of previous projects at hand. I would recommend this tool to everyone who offers services to customers and works on his/her own account. I reckon to have increased my income by more than 30% due to this valuable software.

Pros

Timers at the bottom of the page counting every single second needed for a certain task. Task management with calendar. "Summary" and "Break it down" reports with possibility to create a nice and customisable pdf-version for customers.

Cons

Total rates inside projects are always calculated based on time and hourly rate. It could be interesting to be able to assign a total cost independently.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Thomas, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. Wow! 30%! That is great news. We've heard this from other customers as well and it never ceases to make our week. We appreciate the feedback on tracking project costs and we've added this idea to our notes. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Whitney from Digital Bard Video

September 2016

Get as granular as you want

We've been using Intervals since we were a 3 person studio and find it a solid, reliable way to keep track of project time and tasks. The team finds it easy to learn and use, and i like the variety and options of running reports. Only recently did we start using the "subtasks" checklist to group items together and not drive ourselves crazy - a great move. We will set up templates using this method, to give each new similar project a good head start on what needs to be done, in what order, and in what time period. I appreciate being able to set time estimates so the producers know how they are tracking against budgeted time. The new dashboard helps us get a big picture of the budget. I hope the next evolution of this tool will allow for improved PPM (Project Portfolio Management) so the project managers can see where we have gaps in our schedule and an opportunity to shift work around or accept more.

Pros

Reliable up time, easy to learn, variety of reports available

Cons

Can't really manage the portfolio of projects (seeing across team members and tasks to understand where we have capacity).

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for the review and feedback. It's great to hear how Intervals is helping your agency. I wanted to point out a relatively recent report we created, called the Resource Allocation Report. This report will provide some lightweight resource planning help. It works by dividing up the task estimates across the days its scheduled and the people assigned to complete it. This should help seeing current capacity across tasks and projects. Regards, John

Alisa from Red Earth Design

September 2016

The best time- and task-tracking software around

Intervals has changed the way we work. As a distributed company, our team members are located across the globe. Intervals allows us to follow tasks together, track their status, assign them to each other, set up milestones and timelines, and keep track of everything, including tracking our time, in one place. It's easy to use and the best software of its type that we've used so far. The Intervals team listens when we ask for specific features, and updates the software to make it better and better. I love how easy it is to use and to keep track of our projects and tasks.

Pros

Ease of use, responsiveness of the Intervals team when we have questions or suggestions. Being able to track time and generate reports in the project management software helps us easily track our projects.

Cons

There is one feature I'd like to see, optionally emailing a team member about a particularly urgent task or one where the team member is a follower vs assignee. But that's a minor quibble, compared to all Intervals has to offer.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Alisa, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on how we can make Intervals better. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Zsombor from MultiBase

September 2016

TimeTask is the best project management tool with time booking functionality

After trying several time booking and project management software this is the best one that brings together these two things. I am using it for more than 8 years now. It is just great, for small projects and for bigger ones too.

Pros

1. Time tracking, easy to track time 2. Simple interface 3. Very nice pricing model 4. Nice API, you can take all your data and do whatever you want with it 5. The request management system is pretty good 6.

Cons

1. Very fixed, cannot be configured to custom needs (custom fields would be great) 2. Mobile client for easy time entry would be great 3. Invoicing is not very flexible to cover all needs 4. The user rights / roles system could be a bit better organized 5. The attachment handling could be done better

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Zsombor, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate your feedback. We've added your ideas to our feature development notes. But I also wanted to let you know we are in the early stages of developing a mobile client. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Kevin from GEMsoft7 Ltd

Does What It Says It Will Do

We used Intervals for several years and have never encountered a bug. It replaced an in-house product. The management types like the reporting and dashboard facilities. For ordinary users it is straightforward to enter time and navigate around. The problem is getting users to do it regularly - but that is a problem with the humans not the software! There are lots of power-user features (e.g. saved searches) that we adopt over time. There's probably lots more that we could pick by reading the help but as engineers we never read manuals! We have integrated it via its API with our in-house issue tracking software: the integration was a little awkward but once set-up hasn't given us any problems. Technical support has been quick and friendly. In summary: it's a quality product that does what it sets out to do well.

Pros

Ease of use. Simplicity in the UI with power-features not far away

Cons

Nothing. I wish more software was this straightforward (and I'm looking at you Microsoft Office...)

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Kevin, thank you for the encouraging review. We're glad to hear that Intervals is a good fit for your business. I wanted to point out that Intervals has a new look. It's called Modernistic and is a theme that can be found in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

Brian from OC Creative

All that Project Management AND a bag of chips

Seriously, running a fast-paced, and fast-growing creative agency isn't easy. I've seen our average "active" Intervals projects double in less than two years from around 20 to about 40 at a time. After hours of comparison we chose Intervals more than 3 years ago and I haven't looked back since. The competition didn't have the level of detail I (we) required.

Pros

Intervals offers us the ability to set custom statuses, priorities, worktypes and SO much more. Dig down to the granular detail with their graphs and charts. As we grow, our team continues to utilize more and more of their unique functions.

Cons

Other than not having a mobile phone app yet, this project management tool rocks!

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Brian, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate your feedback and wanted to let you know we are in the early stages of developing a mobile app. And, we've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Tom from TLR Consulting Services

September 2016

Great solution for our needs

I first became aware of Intervals when I worked on a client project. From there, I signed our company up and find it to be an excellent tool to track time, log hours, and produce both internal and client reports. Its flexibility and ease of use put Intervals in a class all its own in my opinion. Works great for our needs

Pros

The ease of use to create client tasks and then log time according to the task. Each time log has a description, which is very helpful to our clients so they can see how their billed time was spent.

Cons

We have found no cons regarding how we use Intervals. If we were to expand our use into other areas we are not currently using, we may encounter functionality that is not as expected.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Tom, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Cynthia from PointShop/WTE Solutions

Great Time Tracking Management for Development Shops

We've tried so many time tracking systems and Intervals has been meeting our needs for our software development, project manage and support teams for about 3 years now.

Pros

easy of use and flexibility to really address our needs in time tracking.

Cons

would like ability to tie specific tasks together to be able to show A needs to be done before B. there are workaround using task statuses, due dates and milestones, though.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Cynthia, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate your thoughts on tying tasks together and we can see how that would help with your workflow. We've made note of this idea. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Lukas from CIC - Corporate Image Consulting

We are using Intervals since many years and overall we are very happy with it.

Pros

We really like that it's not just another ticket system, but also can be used as time tracking and project management-tool.

Cons

We would like to see more customization features - we have a lot of users which don't want to go very deep into a new software and the loads of features is way too complicated for them. For example, it would be great to have an option that a project haven't got any modules or milestones and then none of these options would be shown.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Lukas, thank you for the thoughtful review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We can understand how limiting the interface to only what's being used could be helpful. We'll add this idea to our list of potential improvements. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Sharon from AS Design

Happy Intervals User Since 2009

Before using Intervals for my project scheduling, time-tracking and invoicing, I was using a combination of Basecamp and Freshbooks. Since I switched over to using their software in 2009, I haven't even considered another product. Intervals has given me all the tools I need to for managing my freelance graphic design business and I haven't had any problems, to date. Whenever I've had software questions, their customer service has been very responsive. And, they're constantly adding new features, before I even realize I want them -- let alone need them!

Pros

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Sharon, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

James from Clark Land Design, PLLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Conceptually, this is excellent project management software

Budget management, time tracking, project management, invoicing

Pros

I like the fact that time tracking, project management, task management, and invoicing is all tied together. The idea of pulling all these elements together is genius!

Cons

Currently, I use the software primarily for tracking my time and invoicing clients. My biggest beef with the software is that it does not give you the option to track your time with start & stop times. I jump between projects and tasks quite a bit during the day. Many times I don't have time to start or stop timers because I'm on the go. I usually update my time at lunch and at the end of the day by thinking back over the past few hours, and entering it into a spreadsheet in time blocks. For example: From 8:30 am - 9:00 am I worked on Project A doing project coordination. From 9:00 am - 11am, I worked on Project B writing a report... The spreadsheet allows me to enter my time in blocks of a day, but then I have to transfer those hours into Intervals. This is inefficient and duplicates effort, but I need to be able to enter it in time blocks in order to be accurate. I usually don't have time to enter time into both programs in a day, and so it ends up sliding to the end of the month. If intervals allowed you to enter hours in start/stop time blocks, then I could skip the spreadsheet and have realtime feedback on my budget. The absence of this one feature significantly reduces its effectiveness and functionality for me. If the developers would create this one feature, I would have no complaints! It would save me hours of time and I would always know where my budgets stood.

Julio from Canny Networks

Intervals - Potential for more

Wish this had notification and escalation for invoices tied to a portal rather than email or PDF invoices. Also additional PM features such as GANTT charts and sub tasks

Pros

Integrating light PM into a time tracking tool

Cons

Invoicing needs to be fleshed out to include escalation and notifications plus links to portal payment options

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Julio, thank you for the thoughtful review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We can understand how more powerful invoicing would be helpful. Thank you for sharing your ideas on invoicing. We'll add this idea to our list of potential improvements. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Dmitri from cGIS

Industry: Oil & Energy

Yes, I gave it all five stars

What we really appreciate is attention to details. One of the best user interfaces (UI) out of many web applications we used for the last 3 or 4 years. Very intuitive. Reporting tools are priceless! Overall a great application, would recommend it to anyone wholeheartedly!

Pros

Great user interface Reporting tools Value for the money

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Dmitri, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Rodrigo from VIA Consulting S.A.

Good value for money. Useful.

My company is using TimeTask for more than 7 years. Its not completely adequate to our activity, but we take advantage form lots of features.

Cons

We are a consulting services company. Our business management uses some concepts that are not available (yet) in Time Task. We use cost rate and billing rate to manage our projects. TimeTask is not ready, yet to let us manage our project based on the margin generated by those two rates. So we dont full explore all the features. Also, it would be interesting to have expense report forms for employees (like the time report forms). We charge the projects with expenses from our employess.

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback on cost rates and billing rates. We can see how these features would help your business management needs. We're always looking for ideas on how we can improve our software, and we'll make note of these suggestions. Thank you, again, for reviewing Intervals.

Stan from PathIgniter

Almost perfect

Ive been using Intervals for time keeping for my small company for several years now. I know that Intervals does much more than I use it for. However for my purposes it seems adequate. My staff wants me to switch to Harvest or even basecamp, I like you guys and continue.

Pros

Time tracking, timer, ease of task assigning, reliable

Cons

Sometimes employees cant figure out where and how to enter their hours and their hours get lost. If they dont use the specific tasks, or task criteria, I dont see their hours. Its weird I know

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for weighing in with your feedback, Stan. We appreciate the feedback on the time tracking usability. We are currently working on redesigning the interface and we are improving on time tracking in the process. If you'd like to be a beta tester please reach out to us at support@myintervals.com. We'd love to find out more about how we can help employees understand time tracking better with our redesign.

Benoit from Propharmact

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Propharmact

A central repository for Contract definitions and time reporting. SaaS mode allows accessing the database wherever our consultants are.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive, keeps track of our activity since years while proposing powerful data mining tools such as "report / summary"

Cons

The main weak point for us is not having the choice of unit of measure for times. Actually we base our proposals and contracts on days, not on hours...

Guilherme from PH DESIGN

Quality and consistency with low price

Intervals was a key tool for establishing processes within the company, along with our customers. The cost-effectiveness of Intervals is the best for time tracking and project management tools.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Guilherme, thank you for the glowing review, and for your years of continued business. We wanted to let you know we've launched a new look. Check out the Modernistic theme in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

Ross from Promethean Editions Limited

Good robust project management software

We've been using Intervals for 5 years; it was the first SaaS app we started using. It works well for our small business; we have a core team of 5 FTE and 100s of projects.

Pros

Speed and robustness

Cons

It's look is a little dated

Response from Pelago

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it. Regarding the look, we are actively working on updating the user interface. If you would like to be part of the beta tester group please email support@myintervals.com to be added.

September 2014

September 2014

Amazing tool!!!!

I became a user of this tool 5 months ago. I am a Computer Science Engineer and have been involved in project management for 15 years. I was looking for a project management tool for our 30 people company because we manage more than 500 projects per year. This search took me more than 8 years, testing ALL kind of tools. Some of them were good but none of them fit us 100% (or, at least, 85%). I am a SaaS believer and this was one point I was not going to avoid. I found Intervals and gave me a great feeling since the first time. The user interface is very intuitive so that our learning procedure was easy for all kind of our users. And second point was functionality. The data model is perfect and you are able to manage all kind of situations without a problem. Reports are wonderful and you are able to get all kind of important information to decide whether a client/project is interesting or not. Other of our requirements was tracking time. And this is something that this tool allows you without any problem. We were also looking for a tool that uses a Calendar view, because it gives users the possibility to organize themselves in an easy way. This is something that works great in this tool too. There´s much more we can say, but I recommend you to test it and decide by yourself.

Pros

Calendar view. Data model. Tracking time. Reporting. Performance (never shuts down...). User interface. Support (when you propose or notify a bug, the answer is surprisingly fast!!).

Cons

Approving time tracking permissions.

Dave from KP LLC

Industry: Printing

Intervals

Intervals moved our team away from tracking development on individual spreadsheets and brought us into a place with transparency.

Pros

The software is easy to set up, administer, and customize to reflect the way our business works.

Jenny from Self-employed

Flexible time and task management software

Intervals helped our team organize our projects and keep the scope under control by accurately tracking our time and comparing it to estimates. It also allowed accurate invoicing and reporting for happier clients.

Pros

Intervals stood out because it made it easy to break down large projects by tasks and keep a close eye on the scope. We've had projects fail due to scope creep before and Intervals really helped to nip that in the bud. We really liked the ability to manage tasks by milestone, allocate resources, and set a budget for each project. Comparing the estimated time to the actual time taken on each task has been tremendously helpful and we are now much more mindful of how we spend every second of our time. Speaking of time, the time tracking feature is very complete and allows us to accurately invoice without shocking our clients with unexpected billings.

Cons

The UI looked like it was designed purely by developers, but the team has been working hard at revamping the entire thing and it now looks a lot cleaner and professional. We also struggled to keep our inboxes clear with the hoard of email updates we'd get from Intervals.

maria from SCS

we have been able to meet our needs as a start-up with ease and really no issues. Very helpful

Pros

the The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.

Cons

I understand from other users that without the full admin rights, the actions are sometimes more restrictive so finding the right permissions to non admin users is sometimes challenging.

Supi from 27 Technologies Private Limited

Generally very nice. Simple and Intuitive

the outstanding amount limitation is a real problem since it gets cumbersome to list out the hours for a particular month, group it into various worktypes since the charges are different and then calculate the total amount manually for a particular period. would be wonderful to have that feature. Otherwise it has been a overall good experience

Pros

Simplicity Affordability user roles client management

Cons

no option to view the outstanding amount up until a certain period !! for e.g. I have no option to view the outstanding amount till August or september

Response from Pelago

Replied September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. I wanted to point out a few features that show the outstanding amount in real-time. First is the Estimate vs Actual page. The link is in the left column of the project profile. This page will show the actual hours compared to estimated ours, and calculate the outstanding amount. The Project Landscape report includes this information as well. If neither of those are what you are looking for, please reach out to us at support@myintervals.com so we can assist you in accessing this data.

Jeff from Kaleidoscope Pictures

Our tried and true time tracking system for small buisness

Pros

We have been using this for for over 8 years and it has all the features we need to keep us working and billing properly

Cons

Cost. Wish it cost less or had other billing options for use to utilize. The design could use an overhaul

Krista from High Level Thinkers

Can't Live Without Intervals!

I couldn't live without intervals. I use it every second of every day for my job and I can't imagine a better software. I especially love the constant updates and upgrades the team provides!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, so intuitive!

Phil from ENOSERV

More powerful than I know

Intervals is a great tool to track your projects, hours, tasks, etc. For us, it is a very easy tool to see our multiple projects and track our time across all of them. I do know that we are barely scratching the power of Intervals, but what we do use is great!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Not knowing all what it can do

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Thanks for the review, Phil. We're glad that Intervals is a good fit for your organization. In case you haven't noticed, we've launched a new look. it's called Modernistic and should make Intervals even easier to use than before. It can be found in the Themes section under Settings & Defaults. Cheers, John

February 2012

Michael from Imbue Creative

February 2012

The Perfect Time Tracking and PM Solution for Our Agency

We looked at a lot of cloud-based time tracking and project management solutions before choosing Intervals. None of them had everything we needed in one place. Almost 2 years later, we still feel we made the right choice and recommend Intervals without reservation. It does what you expect, and much more, and is an absolute bargain for what it costs.

Pros

Has all the features we were looking for and more (time tracking, tasks, data export, Quickbooks export). Easy to teach to new hires. Customizable so it works with our workflows. Mobile version is also great when we're on the road. Robust reporting.

Cons

There are so many reports that we often can't remember which ones do what, but that's not really a con; it's more our issue. If Intervals had more robust file sharing capabilities, it could replace another service we use, which would be great.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Michael, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We appreciate your feedback about reports and file sharing. We can see how better organization and file sharing would be an improvement, so, we've made note of these ideas for future development possibilities.

Stephen from Everything Mary

Wonderful time tracking tool for independent contractors!

Overall I would highly recommend this tool to anybody looking for a project management/time tracking tool.

Pros

This is a wonderful time tracking tool for independent contractors! I've yet to find a tool that has as simple to use time tracking feature as intervals. We've used this across our organization for years.

Cons

I am not the biggest fan of the mobile functionality, it needs some work. The desktop view is excellent.

Ben from Immaterial Labs Ltd.

Industry: Chemicals

Excellent value for money

Pros

Brilliant tutorials, exceptional customer support. Getting started was far easier than the products I tried before

Cons

I find I still manage to spend a lot of time 'managing my project management', rather than doing actual project management. Having used a couple of other software packages though, I honestly think this is mostly just in the nature of the work rather than anything from Intervals

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Ben, thank you for the review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We understand what it's like to spend a lot of time managing projects. We hope Intervals helps cut down that time. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that might help streamline projects. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Lucille from Lucille McHenry Litchfield LLC

This is my second round with Intervals. I love it.

Pros

Easy to use. Great reporting. Lots of options. Easy to share info with others. Invoicing function is great. Repository is great.

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Lucille, thank you for the glowing review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Alexey from Radio Gigabit LLC

Intervals review experience

We are using Intervals mostly to collect timesheets in our company from the employees.

Pros

- easy of use and navigation to setup the system - easy to use by employees to report time - automated invoicing feature - licensing model, you paid for the product not per company person

Cons

- use roles: it will be good to have additional role of manager that can view only selected projects and can approve timesheets

Response from Pelago

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding managers, you are correct that only administrator level users can approve timesheets but which projects managers have access to can be controlled. With resources, executives, and managers you can control which projects they can see. Only administrator level users see all projects.

Leif from We Invent it

I have used Intervals for many years now, there must be a reason...

Being an R&D Manager this on-line tool has helped me a lot in my work. Project planning, task management, time tracking, graphical presentation, tables and lots of useful tools; It's all here. I have used it in various companies and the own one-man consultancy. I appreciate That it is easy to change the plan and cost as the needs change in terms of the number of projects and co-workers. Sometimes I have looked for alternative similar solutions but found Intervals being very good and cost-effective for my needs. I can always show good facts for senior management or customers when needed. It's easy for the team to allocate, prioritize and manage tasks with Intervals. I really recommend it!

Response from Pelago

Replied July 2017

Leif, thank you for the thoughtful review and your years of commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. And we appreciate the recommendations! We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Liz from Vanguard Communications Group

An accommodating team that provides excellent customer service

Intervals is very easy to use and intuitive. The level of customer service that the Intervals team provides is really my favorite part of the experience. If you have a question, recommendation or comment, the Intervals team is very easy to get in touch with and responsive. The team also listens to your recommendations and provides guidance or edits to the system based on your needs.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. There is more than one way to accomplish something and features that simplify what you're trying to accomplish.

Cons

From my experience, Intervals is not the best software to use for accounting purposes. I'm still learning my way around the software though.

Pamela from Dynamic Corporate Solutions Inc.

DCSI Review

Overall this tool has done what we need it to do. I would like to see QuickBooks integration at the click of a button. Also, without a 'live chat' or phone number to call, customer support in inadequate.

Pros

The price and ease of installation.

Cons

Lack of customer support

Response from Pelago

Replied April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Intervals. We appreciate the feedback. We do our best to provide quick responses using email support, but we can understand how a live chat or phone number may be more adequate. We've made note of this idea. Meanwhile, we'd love to hear more about how we can make our QuickBooks integration more intuitive. Please feel free to follow up with us at support@myintervals.com

Intuitive, comprehensive task management software

Pros

I've been using Intervals to keep track of tasks for the past year now and I can say that it is very easy to use and learning navigation is a breeze. There hasn't been any major issues around missing tasks/data or malfunctioning. Very pleased with being able to drag and drop files.

Cons

Since my marketing team has switched around, there are inconsistencies within Milestones/tasks, but I suppose that's more of a user con (i.e. there is no way to fix if old tasks do not follow the same format as new projects/tasks). Communication between tasks and larger milestones can be difficult and less intuitive to follow, especially if the Milestone spans several months work.

Tad from GreenSource Consultants

Love that it captures everything and reports so well

Records time.

Pros

Reports are easy. The system forces me to record time in an orderly fashion. Reports come out beautifully. I do like how, if it is set up correctly to begin with, the tasks wind up right where they are supposed to be and clients are clear about what work has been done given the reports.

Cons

It is cumbersome to get to tasks in projects. The "filtering" process as a way to find tasks or projects is a little too many steps.

Jennifer from B2W Software

Intervals has helped us manage the projects we work on with external teams.

Pros

It helps us easily communicate updates and changes that need to be made to campaigns, while notifying everyone working on the project at one time.

Cons

There isn't much flexibility within the tool, and it is hard to find tasks, projects, and documents at times.