Planyway Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Data is always accurate and well presented in a calendar format. The ability to move Trello cards with ease of drag and drop functionality makes this software a winner for our company."
  • icon"I love that it keeps me organized with all my projects and that it integrates with my Google calendar."
  • icon"I love the ease of use and the beautiful interface, The best aspect is seeing multiple boards/cards on the same timeling."
  • icon"One of the difficulties (aside from my lack of application) is with cards that are either ongoing or will take several discontinuous blocks of time."
  • icon"The biggest struggle with this software is the inability to use it on my phone easily."
  • icon"Syncing errors when you lose connection or having to reconnect multiple times."

Browse all Planyway Reviews

• Have you used Planyway and would like to share your experience with others?

Zach

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Clean, Concise, Convenient

Olympia

With Planyway I Can Plan, Plan, Plan Away!

Pros

I love that it integrates as a power up on Trello and as a google chrome extension with additional features that the stand-alone power up doesn’t.

Cons

I don’t like that many features that I love about the chrome extension are not available in the power up. I must be on a desktop/laptop computer in order to access those features, for example, seeing the cards and the Planyway calendar in a split screen.

Reasons for switching to Planyway

The Planyway calendar features are far better.

Nika

Makes the view for all my projects so simple!

I juggle multiple large projects that are extremely time-sensitive on my own and this has brought so much ease to see the big picture and prioritizing tasks and meetings to keep the team on track.

Pros

I love the sync feature. This was the main reason I started using it and it has helped me be able to share calendars with my team. People I work with didn't want to download an entire system but this program allows me to manage my projects and calendars and I just have to share the calendar link once and they are in the loop. This simple task and the multiple boards on one calendar view was a nightmare before I started using this.

Cons

I haven't really come across anything I don't like yet. Still setting up my system since I need to use it a bit differently.

Reasons for choosing Planyway

Simple and worked. So far, I can trust this system.

Reasons for switching to Planyway

I set up my items in asana and just after I spent a lot of valuable time getting everything going I logged in one day and couldn't access any of my work, project boards, etc. I contacted Asana for help and they weren't really helpful and wanted me to download a whole other program to figure out how to solve the issue. I had paid for a year upfront and then this happened. This all happened while I was in a 3 month stretch and I just didn't have time to sit on the phone with them all day. I just had to find something and thankfully it worked one day and I was able to export all my info. I couldn't trust the system or the customer service and I, unfortunately, wasted my approved budget on this program since they could work with me. I am paying out of pocket for planyway but I feel it is worth every cent and plan to stick with it.

Planyway

Good. Able to track but need additional granularity. For small businesses this is key.

Pros

Calendar aspect. Ability to see the calendar over time and tasks.

Cons

I need a project management capability where we can see tasks over time and subtasks.

Patricia

Industry: Computer Games

September 2022

Exemplary Customer Suppoer

When I began having issues using Planyway for Trello after a Chrome update, I could not ignore the impact and disruption of my daily workload and flow. Over the course of multiple email exchanges and shared screenshots, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Planyway's Customer Support was able to identify the issue and share the exact solution I needed to resolve the problem. She was friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. She's a credit to the team and turned what was initially a very frustrating experience into an illustration of exemplary customer support.

Pros

I use the Chrome Plugin for Planyway on Trello on a daily basis, across multiple projects. Between the task and project management and progress tracking, the software has really elevated how useful Trello is for me.

Cons

Calendar docking broke after the most recent Chrome update. The reason was not clearly communicated.

Blanca

My main tool

Just love it all the way!

Pros

What I love the most about Planyway is the way I can move around my cards on the calendar. I am sure this feature is every marketer’s favorite since very frequently we need to change daily priorities. Planyway is THE tool!

Cons

The fact that it doesn’t move all the way to full screen when using it with Trello. But the tool care of that issue on their own web platform.

The moving cards!

Reasons for switching to Planyway

Trello didn’t allow the tool to be on full screen mode

Meg

Planyway is a game changer

We've loved it. We transitioned from using Wunderlist (with everyone having their own lists) and now everyone on our team uses Planyway day. It's perfect for seeing the big picture and sharing tasks.

Pros

It is easy to use for our team. We use it to manage everybody daily task and it's perfect for everyone to see what everyone else is working on. The LANES are a game changer for us.

Cons

I wish the user lanes were available on the phone ios app.

Reasons for choosing Planyway

I haven't found anything quite like it. It's perfect for our production team.

Karen

Efficient Task Management

Great for quick ramp-up time to manage projects big and small and connecting project task management to Google Calendar is the best reason to use Planyway.

Pros

Turned Trello into project management tool that can compete with the other existing industry standards but without all the configuration overhead and super easy to setup. Desktop browser plugin and mobile app does everything I need to quickly access my tasks and see my work schedule. It's also perfect for planning trips/vacations with others where you want to attach Trello cards as time blocks on the schedule on Google Calendar.

Cons

There's no browser plugin for Firefox for Opera.

Reasons for switching to Planyway

Offline-access (Trello app) combined with Google Calendar integration.

Rick

Integration and Visability

We purchased Planyway primarily for its connectivity and the integration between Trello and Google. We wanted something that would synchronize our activities and deadlines developed in Trello with Google Calendar and our team views. It has also allowed us to visualize the Trello tasks in an easy to read Planyway calendar format and make adjustments as needed. We are still evaluating its use for the other members of our team.

Pros

Planyway's integration with Trello via a powerup was quick and easy. I really like being able to see my Trello activities and deadlines on my google calendar. While Trello has a power up to sync with Google, it requires a good bit of time to appear. Not so, with Planyway. It syncs live and that is very helpful. I also like the milestones feature to identify key moments and the Gantt Chart view.

Cons

While the iphone and ipad apps work well, I wish that there was a way to view a full week or month calendar on these devices like there is in the Trello app or the web browser.

Reasons for choosing Planyway

Price and Features. It was the easiest to integrate and offered the features that we were looking for at a reasonable price.

Clean, Concise, Convenient

Planyway helps us integrate our Trello calendar into our Google calendar

Pros

I enjoy the cleanliness of the the style, and the ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see more features that allow for tagging team members, assigning tasks, and other forms of custom communication.

Reasons for choosing Planyway

Planyway was a lot more simple to use and cheaper

Swiss Army Knife For Project Management

Pros

I like that it is easily accessible from a chrome browser and that I was able to integrate google calendar and Trello boards. I also like that time tracking is easily adjustable all through the extension.

Cons

Sometimes the connected boards don't match to the timing in planyway. I would like to see planyway integrate with jira for better time tracking on tasks.

Reasons for switching to Planyway

I needed a system that would work together and that was easily accessible by browser extension.

Emily

Industry: Graphic Design

The perfect add on to Trello

Being able to easily schedule our important tasks and sub tasks is a huge part of keeping the business running and so far, Planyway has been the only app that has let us plan to the minute. While other apps let you pick a day, Planyway lets you pick the hour, and also easily pick the amount of time you block for each task. The drag and drop ability makes this all very fast and easy, no mucking round with date and time boxes, just drag it into the time slot on the calendar and you are done. We also love that there are so many updates and that the Planyway team is always working on making the product better.

Pros

Being able to drag and drop trello cards directly into the calendar slot in which I intend to do them Full view of all unscheduled tasks Right click to easily check off/archive tasks Ability to repeat tasks Colour coding to separate tasks by their context Can schedule sub tasks and keep them attached to one master trello card (huge pro!)

Cons

Doesn’t work too well on ipad/iphone App doesn’t show everything and is clunky and hard to use Sub tasks don’t sync to Google Cal - this wouldn’t be a problem if the app version had a decent calender

Reasons for choosing Planyway

Asana did not offer the same scheduling abilities.

Reasons for switching to Planyway

We had already started using Trello as it gave us a better view of all of the tasks. Planyway made it even cleaner and easier to see an overview of everything as well as just the task for the day ahead.

Response from Rubius

Hi Emily, We appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to tell you that we're working on mobile app improvements and have a plan to add check-lists items there as well. That'd be awesome, if you could describe in more details the things you're missing about Planyway mobile app. Thanks!

Replied August 2020

will

Good but can much better

Pros

It's good for me to manager too many board with difference team and my personal items also it's very good for time mangerment and task managerment

Cons

I know I have too much task and board to made loading speed low , and select items only can "Ctrl" select one by one for delay some project and it's can't bulk edit or export excel but I know there haven't pecfect thing at the world , hope can later can add export "Planyway" to excel ( which mean export planyway list items only ) and if can bluk edit ( like airtable or bridge24 ) and I hope that have APP version coming too

Response from Rubius

Appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to say that last week we ran some procedures to increase the loading speed in the app and have a plan to do more optimization work, so Planyway can work faster. Also, we might have a solution for exporting data before CSV export is released. Please, connect our support team.

Replied August 2020

Kyle

Industry: Chemicals

How I use Planyway

Overall, my experience with the Planyway application as my plug-in for my Trello board is very positive! I definitely recommend this application to anyone that uses Trello for day-to-day tasks or project management. The detailed calendar view is very useful and beneficial to me because I can assign a task to each hour, or however long I choose to do so. The Planyway application adds value to my time management capabilities and allows me to not only plan my day but also, reorganize it when necessary. I like the Gantt chart view of the application, but I wish it was more robust and functioned more like the more common Gantt chart applications available.

Pros

I really like that I can quickly plan my day, by dragging various tasks (i.e., cards) in my Trello board (and from my other boards) to my Planyway calendar. I can also quickly rearrange them and give them different priorities. I like that you can label the cards in your calendar with various colors and you can see the color on the front of the cards, along with the assigned priority. I like that I can add a checklist to my cards, directly from the Planyway calendar, as well as select my custom fields options. I like the ability to incorporate very simple Gantt charts in my Planyway view. This is nice because it enables me to see, on a large scale, all of the tasks that need to be completed along a timeline.

Cons

One thing that I would like to see with the Planyway calendar is an Android app that is connected to my Trello app that allows me the same capabilities and features that the web interface implements. As for both the calendar and the Gantt chart view, I would like to see a snapshot of the card with more details by hold my mouse cursor over the card. The snapshot should include information such as the checklist of items that have not been completed on the card, or a few of the custom fields options that have been selected. The ability to have a simple Gantt chart is nice, however, it would be useful to be able to link tasks together in a specific order showing their dependency on one another. It would also useful to have an automatically moving, or responsive milestone. In which the milestone would move in response to the movement of the dependent task. Therefore, the milestone would always remain before the task or after it. Overall, I would like to see a more robust Gantt chart application that I could implement. I believe this is one area of development that Planyway is lacking and needs to invest more time in.

Anieka

One of the best Trello features

I love Planyway. I think it's literally one of the most powerful Powerups that Trello has. My suggestions are small in comparison with everything it does offer. I have recommended Trello to probably over 20+ people, and have converted about half to all Trello users. Each person, I tell. If you don't buy the business version of Trello, that's fine because Planyway is now included with Trello, but if you're managing multiple things like me and want to see it all in one place, use Planyway. If you're going to buy anything, purchase Planyway.

Pros

A place where you can combine all of the boards so you don't have to go to each board to see what you have going on is amazing. I love the versatility, ease of use, and the simplicity of Planyway. The fact that is goes so well with Trello is definitely a plus. I think without the extension, it only comes up as a pop up, which is unhelpful, so the extension is the lifesaver. I tell people, if they buy anything using Trello, it's the Planyway calendar.

Cons

I do not like that Planyway is first a pop up without the extension. Also I would like to have a feature we could add assignment dates to tasks within a card. I do a lot of event planning, but some events simply don't need a whole board, they just need to live in one card. Each card has checklists, and I would have to drag the entire card without being able to see specifics about the task that actually needs to be done. Are mini tasks a thing? Is this a ridiculous notion?

Dale

Love the product!

Interdepartmental vision on projects as they move through our production queues has increased efficiency and awareness as to how the company is doing at any given moment in time.

Pros

Integration was very easy and the product itself was initially very easy to learn. The ways in which this has increased efficiency for our team is insane! Directors can easily see a project's status and the team's overall bandwidth now more than ever. Designers are notified within trello of a task, then they can easily see when they're scheduled to work on it in the same place.

Cons

The only area for improvement that we see is allowing an easier experience when it comes to dragging and adjusting assignments across multiple days. It is very common for our project timelines to shift around - as a result, we may need to add a day or extend a task by several days (or conversely, reduce time when a rush project drops in our queues). Currently, it seems as though there is a very small selection area for the user to go into planyway and easily achieve. It'd be great to see the current avatar/profile pic that exists on the right-most part of a scheduled task on the calendar be a simple and easy way to extend that task's dates. Basically: make dragging to adjust (extend/contract) date ranges as simple as it can possibly be.

Reasons for choosing Planyway

The integration with trello is obviously huge as we use trello for our main Active Project board. Allowing teams to integrate a calendar that also offers the ability to schedule projects via date ranges is just...huge for us. Thank you.

Ruth

Industry: Research

Planyway

Planyway is fantastic for my current use. I would love and would pay more for added functionality.

Pros

1.Time logging function is a great capability 2.Works great with trello and maintains some of the functionality in trello like adding checklists 3. Calendar prints exactly as it is displayed on web interface making planyway very user-friendly 4. Planyway is very compatible with google calendar and integrates very nicely with it making google calendar way more functional than it is without integrating with planyway 5. For an individual whose work has multiple components and varying timelines planyway is a priceless tool. I would pay more for added functional because this tool is so indispensable for me. Planyway makes project management extremely easy and seamless!!!

Cons

1. I love the time logging function!!! It seems that it would not be too complicated to make it automated such that it would auto-calculate amount of time spent on a particular trello card or trello board over a specified period rather than the user having to enter this information. Time logging data is only viewable in the calendar option yet it would be more useful to have an option where the data is available outside of the calendar abs can be customized to display time spent on a particular card or board or list over a day, or month, or even year for individuals or organizations who are working on improving their efficiency or need to incorporate this data in other aspects of their work. 2.The mobile app on apple and android is not fully functional - not every event that loads on the web version of the calendar loads on the mobile apps so the user has to rely on the web version and is at risk of missing events. The web version is only visible on mobile platform through google chrome on iPhone but isn’t fully functional that way either - hard to scroll.

Sergey

Planyway as my Personal and Team planner (task tracking and team timeline)

I am 2+ year user of Planyway, almost from its launch. Usually, products with the time become bulky, hard-to-use and overload with useless functions. I like the way of Planyway developing. There are clean interface, focus on the meaningful functions and fast response on each click. I start my day and falling asleep with Planyway, it is an essential part of my life. My team also loves it, the developers and marketing both.

Pros

- Simple and easy in use - Task and calendar seamless workflow - Personal and Team calendar combination - Google Calendar 2-way synchronization - iOS app - JIRA plugin for software developers - Native for Trello users - same data - Team timeline view to estimate workload and deadlines

Cons

- A separate web version is still in beta (faster than in Trello, but less functional a bit), so I mostly use Chrome extension or Trello PowerUp either - I would love to use Planyway on Android like it has for iOS - I would also have Chat with the team members I hope the developers will fix it soon.

Jacob

Perfectly affordable alternative to Trello's more expensive features.

Marketing organization - visualizing project outflow as well as milestones and smaller deadlines all in one place

Pros

My primary goal here was adding dates to checklist items & showing multiple boards together in a calendar to organize projects. It does that very well and since starting they've added more features I haven't even had time to fully utilize. Repeating cards are great too. As a director I feel this makes my trello board much more powerful without paying Trello Pro prices for a large team

Cons

Early on it seemed glitchy- sometimes hard to get certain settings working. To their credit though I feel that has improved drastically over the last few months. The hardest thing now is actually having so many settings and possibilities I have to choose how I want my team to use it and actually keep them doing so.

Reasons for choosing Planyway

It works with it, but we chose this over paying for Pro level features in trello so my team could use it even if other departments don't.

Brad