Browse Planyway Reviews

Blanca from Umutu Marketing

My main tool

Just love it all the way!

Pros

What I love the most about Planyway is the way I can move around my cards on the calendar. I am sure this feature is every marketer’s favorite since very frequently we need to change daily priorities. Planyway is THE tool!

Cons

The fact that it doesn’t move all the way to full screen when using it with Trello. But the tool care of that issue on their own web platform.

The moving cards!

Reasons for Switching to Planyway

Trello didn’t allow the tool to be on full screen mode

Jacob from Practice Promotions

Perfectly affordable alternative to Trello's more expensive features.

Marketing organization - visualizing project outflow as well as milestones and smaller deadlines all in one place

Pros

My primary goal here was adding dates to checklist items & showing multiple boards together in a calendar to organize projects. It does that very well and since starting they've added more features I haven't even had time to fully utilize. Repeating cards are great too. As a director I feel this makes my trello board much more powerful without paying Trello Pro prices for a large team

Cons

Early on it seemed glitchy- sometimes hard to get certain settings working. To their credit though I feel that has improved drastically over the last few months. The hardest thing now is actually having so many settings and possibilities I have to choose how I want my team to use it and actually keep them doing so.

Reasons for Choosing Planyway

It works with it, but we chose this over paying for Pro level features in trello so my team could use it even if other departments don't.

Louis from Ossultans

LW Review

Pros

Easy, seems intuitive to use. Can easily plan.

Cons

Doesn't appear to be enabled on Trello mobile app

Reasons for Choosing Planyway

Have personally used Trello for years. Professionally have used others, but Plananyway meets immediate needs, and provides simplicity, meaning less time planning and more time doing. I think other try to do too much, and be all things to all people.

Chris from EMILY Revolutionary Marketing Group

Planyway

Good. Able to track but need additional granularity. For small businesses this is key.

Pros

Calendar aspect. Ability to see the calendar over time and tasks.

Cons

I need a project management capability where we can see tasks over time and subtasks.

sander from tallinna reaalkool

Planyway review

Overall, i am satisfied with this product and i will recommend it to other businesses as well.

Pros

The Planyway is a team calendar managing software which helps you and your team to plan and manage your working schedules and plans. Also the functionality of this software helps with cooperation and helping to reach your teams goals and targets thanks to good time management and time organising.

Cons

The software is not free, if you want to use all the features and also learning how to use the full potential of this software can take some people quite a significant amount of time.

Arthur from Fleetcor

Excellent Productivity Tool

Great tool - still discovering all the things it can do!

Pros

The Gannt view is fantastic for visualising projects over a yearly period and the Time Tracking is super useful as you can really plan on a micro-level and also see how long you spent on each task.

Cons

When you add a start time to a Card in Planyway it doesn't backfill to Trello.

Reasons for Choosing Planyway

1. Price: Planyway is a lot better value for money than other solutions available on the market. 2. UI and functionality: after reading a few guides on the Trello blog and elsewhere I got a much better feeling of Planyway's UI, ease-of-use and functionality than other like solutions. 3. Planyway is specifically designed to add-on to Trello whereas other products seem like they are basically trying to replace Trello usage with an in-house external solution. We wanted to use Trello as it's easy to pick-up so it made sense to go with something that partners well with it.

Meghan from University

Industry: Research

Integrating my to-do list and planner

Great. I feel like I can keep track of all my tasks and when to do them.

Pros

Unlike other apps, planyway allows me to drag items from my to-do list into dates and times which is vital for my planning.

Cons

Right now I’m working from home and it has been great. However, I have had issues with being more mobile with the system. The phone app version sometimes misses tasks and crashes. It’s also hard to see on my tiny phone. Maybe I will need to use my laptop.

Reasons for Switching to Planyway

Got overwhelmed by just lists without an integrated calendar component.

jennifer from Beach oak designs

Get your time blocking on!

I really like that I can time block my day in calendar view, and I like the custom repeating card feature

Pros

I like the 3 different views (calendar, timeline, timetracking)

Cons

Sometimes not obvious where the trello cards are

Cost, ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Planyway

I find this integrates better with trello and I can change things in real time

Jordanna from Jordanna Bubar Communications

Social Media Scheduling made easy

Very convenient, FREE tool for social media management that keeps everything organized

Pros

I manage multiple clients' social media accounts and Planyway has made planning each social media calendar so easy! I love being able to look at the calendar view and drag and drop ideas from my Trello boards to schedule different posts.

Cons

It'd be nice if there was an option for calendar integration (like Canadian holidays, etc) so that I could see right in Planyway if anything important was coming up to post about.

Trello with Planyway was available in a Desktop app, Asana is only web based

Gustavo from Pearl Remodeling

Planyway is an awesome tool!

Playway helped me outline all the tasks I need to complete. In addition, it also kept a good track record for my boss to see what I have completed.

Pros

It is super easy to use! I love how it can integrate with Google calendar. You can easily keep track of projects, meetings, and deadlines all in one place.

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do is to integrate with google drive. However, you can get away by doing so if you put the links of your documents in the calendar.

Reasons for Switching to Planyway

Slack is too complicated and the interface is all over the place. I like the simplicity of Planyway.

Swiss Army Knife For Project Management

Pros

I like that it is easily accessible from a chrome browser and that I was able to integrate google calendar and Trello boards. I also like that time tracking is easily adjustable all through the extension.

Cons

Sometimes the connected boards don't match to the timing in planyway. I would like to see planyway integrate with jira for better time tracking on tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Planyway

I needed a system that would work together and that was easily accessible by browser extension.

Emily from Wright Way Design

Industry: Graphic Design

The perfect add on to Trello

Being able to easily schedule our important tasks and sub tasks is a huge part of keeping the business running and so far, Planyway has been the only app that has let us plan to the minute. While other apps let you pick a day, Planyway lets you pick the hour, and also easily pick the amount of time you block for each task. The drag and drop ability makes this all very fast and easy, no mucking round with date and time boxes, just drag it into the time slot on the calendar and you are done. We also love that there are so many updates and that the Planyway team is always working on making the product better.

Pros

Being able to drag and drop trello cards directly into the calendar slot in which I intend to do them Full view of all unscheduled tasks Right click to easily check off/archive tasks Ability to repeat tasks Colour coding to separate tasks by their context Can schedule sub tasks and keep them attached to one master trello card (huge pro!)

Cons

Doesn’t work too well on ipad/iphone App doesn’t show everything and is clunky and hard to use Sub tasks don’t sync to Google Cal - this wouldn’t be a problem if the app version had a decent calender

Response from Rubius

Replied August 2020

Hi Emily, We appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to tell you that we're working on mobile app improvements and have a plan to add check-lists items there as well. That'd be awesome, if you could describe in more details the things you're missing about Planyway mobile app. Thanks!

will from Self Employed

Good but can much better

Pros

It's good for me to manager too many board with difference team and my personal items also it's very good for time mangerment and task managerment

Cons

I know I have too much task and board to made loading speed low , and select items only can "Ctrl" select one by one for delay some project and it's can't bulk edit or export excel but I know there haven't pecfect thing at the world , hope can later can add export "Planyway" to excel ( which mean export planyway list items only ) and if can bluk edit ( like airtable or bridge24 ) and I hope that have APP version coming too

Response from Rubius

Replied August 2020

Appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to say that last week we ran some procedures to increase the loading speed in the app and have a plan to do more optimization work, so Planyway can work faster. Also, we might have a solution for exporting data before CSV export is released. Please, connect our support team.

Kyle from Clemson University

Industry: Chemicals

How I use Planyway

Overall, my experience with the Planyway application as my plug-in for my Trello board is very positive! I definitely recommend this application to anyone that uses Trello for day-to-day tasks or project management. The detailed calendar view is very useful and beneficial to me because I can assign a task to each hour, or however long I choose to do so. The Planyway application adds value to my time management capabilities and allows me to not only plan my day but also, reorganize it when necessary. I like the Gantt chart view of the application, but I wish it was more robust and functioned more like the more common Gantt chart applications available.

Pros

I really like that I can quickly plan my day, by dragging various tasks (i.e., cards) in my Trello board (and from my other boards) to my Planyway calendar. I can also quickly rearrange them and give them different priorities. I like that you can label the cards in your calendar with various colors and you can see the color on the front of the cards, along with the assigned priority. I like that I can add a checklist to my cards, directly from the Planyway calendar, as well as select my custom fields options. I like the ability to incorporate very simple Gantt charts in my Planyway view. This is nice because it enables me to see, on a large scale, all of the tasks that need to be completed along a timeline.

Cons

One thing that I would like to see with the Planyway calendar is an Android app that is connected to my Trello app that allows me the same capabilities and features that the web interface implements. As for both the calendar and the Gantt chart view, I would like to see a snapshot of the card with more details by hold my mouse cursor over the card. The snapshot should include information such as the checklist of items that have not been completed on the card, or a few of the custom fields options that have been selected. The ability to have a simple Gantt chart is nice, however, it would be useful to be able to link tasks together in a specific order showing their dependency on one another. It would also useful to have an automatically moving, or responsive milestone. In which the milestone would move in response to the movement of the dependent task. Therefore, the milestone would always remain before the task or after it. Overall, I would like to see a more robust Gantt chart application that I could implement. I believe this is one area of development that Planyway is lacking and needs to invest more time in.

Anieka from NDISC

One of the best Trello features

I love Planyway. I think it's literally one of the most powerful Powerups that Trello has. My suggestions are small in comparison with everything it does offer. I have recommended Trello to probably over 20+ people, and have converted about half to all Trello users. Each person, I tell. If you don't buy the business version of Trello, that's fine because Planyway is now included with Trello, but if you're managing multiple things like me and want to see it all in one place, use Planyway. If you're going to buy anything, purchase Planyway.

Pros

A place where you can combine all of the boards so you don't have to go to each board to see what you have going on is amazing. I love the versatility, ease of use, and the simplicity of Planyway. The fact that is goes so well with Trello is definitely a plus. I think without the extension, it only comes up as a pop up, which is unhelpful, so the extension is the lifesaver. I tell people, if they buy anything using Trello, it's the Planyway calendar.

Cons

I do not like that Planyway is first a pop up without the extension. Also I would like to have a feature we could add assignment dates to tasks within a card. I do a lot of event planning, but some events simply don't need a whole board, they just need to live in one card. Each card has checklists, and I would have to drag the entire card without being able to see specifics about the task that actually needs to be done. Are mini tasks a thing? Is this a ridiculous notion?

Nika from School of Visual Arts

Makes the view for all my projects so simple!

I juggle multiple large projects that are extremely time-sensitive on my own and this has brought so much ease to see the big picture and prioritizing tasks and meetings to keep the team on track.

Pros

I love the sync feature. This was the main reason I started using it and it has helped me be able to share calendars with my team. People I work with didn't want to download an entire system but this program allows me to manage my projects and calendars and I just have to share the calendar link once and they are in the loop. This simple task and the multiple boards on one calendar view was a nightmare before I started using this.

Cons

I haven't really come across anything I don't like yet. Still setting up my system since I need to use it a bit differently.

Dale from Equisolve

Love the product!

Interdepartmental vision on projects as they move through our production queues has increased efficiency and awareness as to how the company is doing at any given moment in time.

Pros

Integration was very easy and the product itself was initially very easy to learn. The ways in which this has increased efficiency for our team is insane! Directors can easily see a project's status and the team's overall bandwidth now more than ever. Designers are notified within trello of a task, then they can easily see when they're scheduled to work on it in the same place.

Cons

The only area for improvement that we see is allowing an easier experience when it comes to dragging and adjusting assignments across multiple days. It is very common for our project timelines to shift around - as a result, we may need to add a day or extend a task by several days (or conversely, reduce time when a rush project drops in our queues). Currently, it seems as though there is a very small selection area for the user to go into planyway and easily achieve. It'd be great to see the current avatar/profile pic that exists on the right-most part of a scheduled task on the calendar be a simple and easy way to extend that task's dates. Basically: make dragging to adjust (extend/contract) date ranges as simple as it can possibly be.

Ruth from Research

Industry: Research

Planyway

Planyway is fantastic for my current use. I would love and would pay more for added functionality.

Pros

1.Time logging function is a great capability 2.Works great with trello and maintains some of the functionality in trello like adding checklists 3. Calendar prints exactly as it is displayed on web interface making planyway very user-friendly 4. Planyway is very compatible with google calendar and integrates very nicely with it making google calendar way more functional than it is without integrating with planyway 5. For an individual whose work has multiple components and varying timelines planyway is a priceless tool. I would pay more for added functional because this tool is so indispensable for me. Planyway makes project management extremely easy and seamless!!!

Cons

1. I love the time logging function!!! It seems that it would not be too complicated to make it automated such that it would auto-calculate amount of time spent on a particular trello card or trello board over a specified period rather than the user having to enter this information. Time logging data is only viewable in the calendar option yet it would be more useful to have an option where the data is available outside of the calendar abs can be customized to display time spent on a particular card or board or list over a day, or month, or even year for individuals or organizations who are working on improving their efficiency or need to incorporate this data in other aspects of their work. 2.The mobile app on apple and android is not fully functional - not every event that loads on the web version of the calendar loads on the mobile apps so the user has to rely on the web version and is at risk of missing events. The web version is only visible on mobile platform through google chrome on iPhone but isn’t fully functional that way either - hard to scroll.

Sergey from DP Technology

Planyway as my Personal and Team planner (task tracking and team timeline)

I am 2+ year user of Planyway, almost from its launch. Usually, products with the time become bulky, hard-to-use and overload with useless functions. I like the way of Planyway developing. There are clean interface, focus on the meaningful functions and fast response on each click. I start my day and falling asleep with Planyway, it is an essential part of my life. My team also loves it, the developers and marketing both.

Pros

- Simple and easy in use - Task and calendar seamless workflow - Personal and Team calendar combination - Google Calendar 2-way synchronization - iOS app - JIRA plugin for software developers - Native for Trello users - same data - Team timeline view to estimate workload and deadlines

Cons

- A separate web version is still in beta (faster than in Trello, but less functional a bit), so I mostly use Chrome extension or Trello PowerUp either - I would love to use Planyway on Android like it has for iOS - I would also have Chat with the team members I hope the developers will fix it soon.

Meg from Moglea

Planyway is a game changer

We've loved it. We transitioned from using Wunderlist (with everyone having their own lists) and now everyone on our team uses Planyway day. It's perfect for seeing the big picture and sharing tasks.

Pros

It is easy to use for our team. We use it to manage everybody daily task and it's perfect for everyone to see what everyone else is working on. The LANES are a game changer for us.

Cons

I wish the user lanes were available on the phone ios app.

Brad from Genesys IT Solutions Inc

Amazing Tool

works very well with in its limitations. Needs some broader view to help it grow.

Pros

We use this tool to organize our team across multiple boards and schedule remote technicians. Easy to read on the PC.

Cons

No ability to sync to exchange calendars. Need to buy a 3rd part power up to do so. No android mobile app. Tech people use Android not stupid iPhones.

Karen from Karen Design Consulting

Efficient Task Management

Great for quick ramp-up time to manage projects big and small and connecting project task management to Google Calendar is the best reason to use Planyway.

Pros

Turned Trello into project management tool that can compete with the other existing industry standards but without all the configuration overhead and super easy to setup. Desktop browser plugin and mobile app does everything I need to quickly access my tasks and see my work schedule. It's also perfect for planning trips/vacations with others where you want to attach Trello cards as time blocks on the schedule on Google Calendar.

Cons

There's no browser plugin for Firefox for Opera.

Kris from Studies Weekly Inc.

Industry: Publishing

90% of the tool I was looking for

Good easy to use tool for me and great for planning and strategizing with my team. It is just short of 'great' due to the cons I listed above. Without broader 'view only' access to share our timeline with more people (who aren't user/editors) I worry some stakeholders are going to want to move are critical planning information to another, more open platform. I don't want to pay for a bunch of additional users when they just need to reference Planyway and I don't want them editing information.

Pros

I love how easy it is to move tasks around to create an ongoing project timeline rather than a gantt chart. The different view options are great and I use the list view most. Zooming in and out to see daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly views is critical for me. I already use Trello so integrating with that tool is helpful and I really like that I can pull multiple boards into one view.

Cons

I hate that the date bar along the top isn't frozen in place. When you have multiple lanes and they extend down I can't see the date relationship anymore and it makes the tool much less useful. This biggest complaint my company has is the inability for many people to see it with a shared view access. A few of us edit and update our project timeline but then we show it to stakeholders during meetings. It is so helpful when everyone is looking at it and strategizing but when the meeting is done nobody else can see it. You can print it but it doesn't look the same. A 'view only' user group would be so helpful. I would also love to have the Trello checklists provide a progress bar you can see on the task (not broken out as separate tasks like the checklist currently work on Planyway).

Response from Rubius

Replied August 2020

Hi Kris, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm happy to tell you that we're planning to add the option for View only mode in the future as well as the progress bar for check-lists. Also, thank you for letting us know that fixed timeline would be a better option, we'll report our dev team on it and solve this issue. Meanwhile, note that the timeline header stays frozen when you choose to view the timeline on the side of the boards (choosing Left or Right orientation).

Helen from Bright RED

Good but can be cumbersome

Helps with scheduling multiple projects

Pros

The ability to switch between projects in the planner

Cons

Not user friendly on mobile. It would be good to view and edit the planner from a mobile.

Sam from Calvin University

Planyway was a gamechanger for me

Pros

I'll be completely honest and say that managing my time does not come naturally to me. One thing I've learned about myself is that lists simply aren't enough. I've used Trello for years, but at some point a list (or 10 lists) isn't helpful because it doesn't force me to decide when I will do each task or how long it should take. Planyway was an absolute gamechanger for me in this regard. Putting my trello cards into a calendar that could also sync with my iCalendar was such a big step for me in helping me plan my days and weeks. Now, when I am putting things into my Trello lists I can immediately slot those tasks into gaps between meetings, classes, etc., and realize when I've put too much on my plate for the day or week. To-do list meets calendar: gamechanger.

Cons

Sometimes the sync features are finicky, and there are little things like not being able to use all of the Trello keyboard shortcuts from Planyway, but I understand nothing is perfect.

SHAWN from Cook Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Planyway review

Helps tremendously to organize tasks, the drag n' drop of existing cards and creation of cards on given days is pretty useful. Setting up repeating tasks is nice. Overall it's the right level of UX complexity to fairly easily help me organize tasks, assign them to different days, and just manage home and work tasks. Nice job, not sure though how difficult it'd be to tie-in to Trello a bit more on the Mobile side.

Pros

Desktop browser version: I like how easy it is to create cards, drag and drop on to days, open up the cards, setup repeating tasks, very easy to use UX, like it's tie-in with Trello, overall very helpful tool that I use daily to organize at home and work tasks. Mobile: very easy and straightforward UX

Cons

Mobile: Maybe I just haven't delved into this feature if it exists, but not being able to view details about the trello card's comments/details is a bit of a bummer. Desktop: Nothing as of now, it's working exactly as I'd expect/want it to work for my organization needs.

Part of A good Task Management System

All in all Planyway lets you take your Trello organization to the next level which has really helped me personally. That being said I do find that my Trello board is a mess now, but I also look at it much less frequently given my reliance on Planyway.

Pros

The desktop interface (web) is pretty straight forward and easy to use. The UI design doesn't get in the way of the use of the product. The integration with Trello works well. The repeating card feature is much better than what you have to work with natively in Trello.

Cons

The mobile experience leaves something to be desired. Personally I use shortcuts on iOS to push new tasks into my Trello account, but if you did not have that setup I could see wanting a faster way to take in new tasks/cards. Additionally there is no way to limit the hours of the day displayed on mobile, making navigation even more cumbersome. The drag and drop is buggy on mobile and I have been unable to get it to work. I haven't really attempted to use the iPad version after my experience with the iOS version. Additionally having to go back to my Trello board for search is annoying.

Mateus from MSUM Wellness and Recreation

Free version for small companies

Ok anyways exceeded our expectations, being a necessary tool for our daily operations as well as for event planning for the future. It definitely made my life easier, both as a manager and and as a worker.

Pros

The calendar is visually appealing, with a great number of tools and functionalities that make the life of any manager that has a lot of content to organize, a lot easier. Being able to assign team members to tasks, color-code activities and put reminders, mostly connected to trello, are features that really helped not only myself, but my team to stay on top of things.

Cons

The connection with trello had a few issues right away, as for example, a team member connected their account but wasn’t able to see the calendar for days. It eventually was fixed, weirdly without anything specific being done. It seems as it just took a while to connect, time though that we had to improvise other tools for that team member. The lack of the reoccurring dates feature in the free version (when you create an event and select what dates that will repeat) in the free version, really pushes you to buy the paid service. This tool ends up being necessary for any company that has a higher traffic of posts and content.

Shelby from Chappell Surveying Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Helped, very much.

Planyway has helped us to get organized and plan our field and office mapping further out -- giving us better financial forecasting and our employees fair warning for when they may be going to the field. Planyway has also helped us communicate about specific projects, leaving notes and progress checklists for the next person to work on the same project without that individual needing to be present at the office that day. It has saved us hours of time!

Pros

I love how easy the software is to use. I had to hold a brief meeting to explain how we, specifically at our company, would be using the software. But I never had to explain how to use the program. Everyone got it right away.

Cons

One thing I wish Planyway could do is allow for multiple dates for one card. Sometimes we have a field project that we want to put on schedule for this Tuesday, and next Monday alone. Planyway will only allow us to schedule it for several consecutive dates.

Andrew from Brooklyn New School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Super helpful for curriculum planning

Pros

I use Planyway with Trello to keep track of and plan curriculum units for my second grade classroom. It has absolutely changed and strengthened the way that my team and I organize our curriculum and make sure that we are on track in the way that we intend to be. Planyway allows us to see our curriculum ideas, lesson plans, trips, etc, in one glance and then move things around so easily. We can see what is coming up, what did not get done when it should have, etc. We can sequence lessons easily by moving cards around on the calendar, and we can see all of our ‘boards’ - math, science, literacy, etc - at the same time, so we can see how everything fits together in a school day. Before using Planyway, all of these things were much more difficult and time-consuming.

Cons

I only wish that there were - somehow - an easier way to use Planyway on a mobile device - a tablet or phone, because I often want to check and adjust things on the fly or while commuting to or from school. There is a mobile app, but the functionality is quite limited when compared to what I can do with a full browser. Also, I sometimes find myself confused about which month I am looking at in calendar view. It is not hard to figure out, of course, but it takes a little more attention than I am used to with other calendar apps.

Sergey from WakeUp

Splendid!

Pros

I like it's multy functional, support Trello, but of all it let me store tasts and calendar meetings in different flows so i won't miss anything. I was searching for smth like this for years!

Cons

Unfortunately now i need to go on pause with you because my team started ro use Miro for synchronisation, but i wish to come back here to Planyway - it's super quality convinient! May be you will make widget for Miro?

Holly from booj

Planyway Helped Streamline Our Content Calendar Process

Pros

I love how integrated Planyway is with Trello. Before our team discovered this product, we were duplicating our content calendar on an external calendar, manually making any changes we made on Trello — but Planyway made it easier to sync our dates across the board. Now, any change we make, we just have to make once. I also love being able to view our content schedule in a calendar view to easily visualize the month, drag cards to different dates, and color code our content for each client.

Cons

I don't like how using multiple labels on a card affects the color that appears in calendar view. To combat this, we've made all of our "secondary" labels that determine the card's production status black, since the black label never affects the color that appears on the calendar.

Bree from M.F.S. Mobile Fleet Services

Keeps us organized!

Pros

How easy it is to customize, set up and use. Those who struggle with technology pick up on this program so easily!! The ease and simplicity is amazing. The integrations are the icing on the cake. We’ll be using it for years to come!

Cons

We would like to see the desktop software show both the weekly view and lists view at the same time. In the mean time we will stick to the chrome extension.

Planyway gives Trello the functionality that Trello is missing.

I have seen planyway grow into what it is today. The calendar is very powerful but is still limiting as you can't use it across multiple devices and platforms with trello and is limited to a desktop computer running chrome with the planyway extension and trello.com open in the browser. The mobile experience should be the same as we need access to our boards and planyway items regardless of device type.

Pros

I love the start and end dates and 2 way calendar sync with icloud and google calendars. This is top notch! This is worth the monthly payments alone.

Cons

The user management, billing interface is very weak. I also don't like how you HAVE to use it with Chrome and an extension and how it doesn't work on mobile devices yet unless you use the planyway app which is limiting. I want all trello and planyway functionalities in the trello app, planyway app, all web browsers, etc.

Glen from Financium

SImplified Desktop for Multiple Trello Sections

As noted above.

Pros

The ability to see all my scheduled cards in various layouts, month, 3 days, etc.

Cons

I cannot seem to book time with my clients from the Planaway calendar functions meant to sync with Google. Let me know a workaround as this fault make me need to bridge back into Google Calendar or miss meetings.

MEHJABEEN from MH Label

Planyway for trello

Planyway is literally a lifesaver! I Heavily depend on Trello and the ability to maintain all of my due dates across Trello and all my calendars onto a master calendar saves me so much time and increases productivity. It makes my Trello functionalities 10x more useful by giving me access to more features.

Pros

The syncing ability with gmail calendar accounts

Cons

syncing errors when you lose connection or having to reconnect multiple times

Alistair from Noetica

Planyway Review

Pros

Integration with Trello which was already in use.

Cons

Too easy to click in the wrong place and be taken back to a board as opposed to a Gant chart

Kim from NNAF

Using Planyway in a Remote non-profit

We are a fully remote staff of 50+, and we were looking to Planyway to help us connect our Trello boards - which include department/individual work plans and project planning

Pros

I like that I can view cards on different calendars, from different boards, and in different ways (i.e. by members, board, etc.). I appreciate that I can use the Chrome extension to view Planyway without leaving the Trello webpage. I'm managing access & training for a remote staff of 50+, and it gives folks the ability to customize by their teams, departments, and as an organization.

Cons

I don't like that the unlink due dates doesn't seem to work - when first placing a card on the calendar, I find more often than not the due date links to the date & when I try to remove it, it tends to remove all dates, including Planyway's. This has made it difficult to suggest the setting to my staff. I'd like the ability to save a few views of our cards on the calendar - for example, our departments organize by quarters but individually by week, so it would be nice to be able to flip between the quarterly view (gantt view by quarter) to a weekly view quickly. It would be good to be able to duplicate a config, like a set of boards + calendars, rather than having to set it up separately for each team member.

Rick from Shepherds' Support, Inc.

Integration and Visability

We purchased Planyway primarily for its connectivity and the integration between Trello and Google. We wanted something that would synchronize our activities and deadlines developed in Trello with Google Calendar and our team views. It has also allowed us to visualize the Trello tasks in an easy to read Planyway calendar format and make adjustments as needed. We are still evaluating its use for the other members of our team.

Pros

Planyway's integration with Trello via a powerup was quick and easy. I really like being able to see my Trello activities and deadlines on my google calendar. While Trello has a power up to sync with Google, it requires a good bit of time to appear. Not so, with Planyway. It syncs live and that is very helpful. I also like the milestones feature to identify key moments and the Gantt Chart view.

Cons

While the iphone and ipad apps work well, I wish that there was a way to view a full week or month calendar on these devices like there is in the Trello app or the web browser.

Tahmi from Tahmi Inc

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Must have add on for Trello

Pros

Since most of my appt/calendar items are in a Gmail calendar, it was really great to find a tool that would show Trello and Gmail items together on the same calendar. When open on the side of my working board I have a comprehensive view of everything that needs to be done which really helps me feel in control on those super busy days. Plus they are always adding new functionality to the program which is appreciated. This is not a developer that put out a one time piece of software then forgot about it.

Cons

Not a Planyway issue, but troubleshooting Google Calendar settings made me learn a lot more about admin settings for my domain than I really wanted to learn, lol!

Rosemarie from OpenMoves

Helpful Calendar tool for Trello

I find it easy to use and manage. I especially like the filtering options and the ability to combine boards

Pros

Easy to read, clean interface and easy of updating

Cons

Would like an easier way to export the calendar

Nathan from Flux Power

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great Tool, but lacks what I'm looking for

Planyway makes it easy to track my time allocation to tasks. But actually *using* that data to train my own machine learning models is difficult since I can't seem to be able to pull it from Planyway programmatically. *Please* make Planyway's metadata accessible through an API, be it Trello's or a dedicated one.

Pros

I use the Time Tracking feature on a daily basis. Being able to plot out what tasks took up my time and when lets me make sure I'm attributing my full workload to tasks.

Cons

I adopted Planyway with the intention of using the raw data myself. Unfortunately the metadata that Planyway gives the Trello cards is not in an externally readable format.... or at least I haven't figured out how to render it legible. Trello's API is *very* clear and well made. 3rd party visualization tools like PowerBI are simple enough to build on it. I want to be able to pull the time tracking entries from Planyway and correlate them with my own data from RescueTime to try and identify tasks that particularly suffered from interruptions and distractions. The way Planyway saves this data onto Trello makes this difficult.

Response from Rubius

Replied June 2021

Hello Nathan, thank you for sharing and for your kind review. Please get in touch with us at support@planyway.com, and I'll let you know how to pull the Planyway data for your machine learning models.

Hitesh from Codesatva Technolab PVT. LTD.

One of the best customer service

I am using the Planyway from a very long time. I run a small team of software developers. Planyway helps me to get organized my team and my projects at the same time. I am able to maximize my team's performance by using planyway agile method. In addition, Planyway comes with a great UI and smooth operations. Even it provides some keyboard shortcuts for faster actions which are missing in original trello.

Pros

- Different views of the tasks - ease of use - Great UI - Keyboard shortcuts for quick actions - compatibility with trello - realtime data update

Cons

- I am sorry as I have nothing to say about cons

Karen from Karen Petch Bookkeeping Ltd

Excellent software - perfect for my business

At last I have found a way to show my tasks on a calendar view, with syncing to google calendar, the ability to import other calendars, recurring tasks, etc, integrated with my trello account. Every other optino I tried enabled me to have a task list, but I had to create events if I wanted to put them on the calendar. With planyway I can have one list, viewed as a task list in Trello, but as events in Planyway. I have searched a lot of software options to find the exact solution I was looking for, and Planyway finally enabled me to do what I needed.

Pros

The integration with Trello Easy to use Affordable price

Cons

There is nothing I don't like - it does every thing I need

Ability to have task lists (trello) shown as events on a calendar

Ability to have task lists (trello) shown as events on a calendar

Alex from Danner Digital

Must have extension for Trello

Pros

I have been looking for a good solution to track Trello cards using a calendar besides the built-in option they provide. Since the integration of checklists, custom fields, and most of the other features Trello offers outside of Plannyway, it has everything you need to keep your business in order.

Cons

I don't have many complaints since you integrated the checklists and description.

Natalia from FeltAlchemist

Pros

You can see all tasks from different boards on one calendar. Convenient addition of new tasks.

Cons

I couldn't figure out the Gantt chart. More Free Features

Difficult program to use

Response from Rubius

Replied June 2021

Hello Natalia, thank you for giving Planyway a try and testing it during the trial period. You can group cards on the timeline by the assigned member, label, list and even board. If you disable grouping, you'll get the simple timeline, which represents the Gantt chart. We'll be glad to help in case you have any questions, please feel free to reach out at support@planyway.com

Clean, Concise, Convenient

Planyway helps us integrate our Trello calendar into our Google calendar

Pros

I enjoy the cleanliness of the the style, and the ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see more features that allow for tagging team members, assigning tasks, and other forms of custom communication.

Martin from GD Identity s.r.o.

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Some title :)

Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bring it to our company few years ago. Now, every head managers/head production guys using it on daily base.

Pros

- full cooperation with Trello and Google calendar - multiple board view - lots of views - member, day, ... - planning task in trello - great overview all tasks - ios app ...

Cons

- i use team members view - more cooperation/intuitive creating tasks - when i create new task in member lane. - it is minimalist look (it is great), but sometimes it looks immense - it wants some color categories, better visible diveders between list/voards...

Gareth from Brazilliant

Review of Planyway by Gareth Butcher

The overall experience has been great, allowing me to see and manage all my projects, tasks and appointments in one go for a high cost-benefit ratio.

Pros

To be able to see, create and edit the tasks and projects from Trello, together with my calendar events from all my calendars within the timeline view. As well as the opportunity to place starting and end dates, together with attributing tasks/responsibilities within checklists on Trello cards.

Cons

I don't like the fact that on occassions within the timeline view, links are lost to boards on Trello and calendar events on connected Google calendars disappear or are not saved. I would also like to see the possibility of automatically creating links to meetings on Google Meet when creating a new Google calendar event within the timeline view.

Response from Rubius

Replied June 2021

Hi Gareth, we're happy that your overall experience with Planyway was satisfying:) but I'm sorry to know that you've been having some issues with the timeline and Google integration. Could you contact us at support@planyway.com, so we could investigate this? There's indeed no possibility to link Google Meet when creating events in Planyway, but that's definitely something we'll consider.

Tori from People's Church

Helpful for daily and long-term planning

Planyway and Trello have been game-changers for our team's project management systems. We're able to get a realistic look at what we have going in the coming weeks, plus we're able to adjust projects months in advance based on everyone's capacity.

Pros

I love being able to keep track of what my team is working on and get live updates as they finish projects. We're able to plan long-term by linking Planyway with our Trello project management systems. I'm able to get a great view of what our team will be working on in the coming months and make adjustments early.

Cons

As of right now I don't have any cons.