Rippling

Rippling Reviews

1,781 Reviews

1,643

• icon"Everything I need to relate payroll, time off, insurance, is in the same application and its ease of use and navigation is outstanding."
  • icon"The ability to send over time off and have it documented. I also love the dashboard, the cleanness, and seeing team member updates is amazing."
  • icon"I love how easily accessible all of my payroll, benefits and apps are. The app is a great feature as well."
  • icon"Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service."
  • icon"Probably more of our problem, but the birthdays are not up to date."
  • icon"The downside is just figuring out which ones to add in."

Browse all Rippling Reviews

• Have you used Rippling and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,770 reviews

Misty Marie

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Rippling is Magical

Amanda

Employees Time & Attendance Management Platform

Pros

Rippling track both billable and non-billable hours to enhance compliant reimbursement.

Cons

I find nothing that can be classified as a flaw since this tool has automated over 60% of manual HR and payroll processes.

Nancy

You will love Rippling

Benefits administration and multi-state payroll compliance are the primary reasons we chose the Rippling PEO model. The ultra user-friendly and modern app-based platform just takes it over the top in terms of ease of use and scalability.

Pros

Our employees love Rippling. It allows employees to self-serve and is very much a time saver in a startup company where we do not have a full-time dedicated payroll or HR resource. It is modern and cohesive one-stop shop for all things Payroll & Benefits. Many features are included that we have not even taken full advantage of yet. Overall it makes us feel more legitimate as a company and less concerns with compliance or payroll errors.

Cons

Some of the templates (such as offer letters) are tricky to customize (fonts/formatting,etc.) For this reason we have not fully utilized or deployed, and that was one of major selling features.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Paychex was terrible that's all I can say. We were shopping for a PEO, and Rippling was among the best values and highly recommended by colleagues.

Great Software, Great Features, Terrible Support, Terrible Pricing

My overall experience is blah. I was so excited at first, since, it really is a great platform minus the costs and severe lack of anyone there caring about your company.

Pros

The pros are that everything I need the software to do, it does, and does well.

Cons

The cons: It's near impossible to get any sort of support, it's hard to find how much you're being charged and for what, you get charged for things you don't even use, and that you literally cannot use because it's broken on their end, yet they won't refund or apply the money in credits towards next billing cycle, I can go on and on about how terrible this company is when it comes to the fact that all they want is your money, more of it, then more and more, and they don't care about anything else.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

A salesperson from Rippling sold me on it.

Great step up from Quickbooks Online Payroll

It makes it easier to hire employees, run payroll on time everytime, deal with the payroll taxes and fillings, and do basic management of employee laptops.

Pros

We purchased this after getting frustrated with Intuit's online payroll and there being errors and the customer service being useless. In comparison the customer service at Rippling has been amazing, the onboarding was smooth - I was assigned a dedicated onboarding rep who met on Zoom with me to custom-tune the software to my needs. I love that this makes onboarding easy with workflows - collecting t-shirt size, upload profile photo, eSign contracts and training, etc. All the stuff a large company would do for under $2000 per year for a company of 10 people. It is a great value. Also the MDM of company laptops is great.

Cons

No MDM for mobile phones and Windows clients can be buggy, no Okta SSO integration, and support can take a day or two to get back to you sometimes. Honestly not many cons; the software is great for the price.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

It was cheaper and more geared towards small under 50 user businesses.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Intuit has awful customer service, and their product would randomly quit running payroll and require a verification that would take sometimes 1-2 weeks. It messed up our direct deposit schedule and I had to fly back early from vacation once to get manual checks printed. Never had an issue with Rippling.

August 2022

Ease of Use with the Customization options we needed!

Rippling has allowed us to grow our team, benefits offerings, and payroll complications without having to increase human capital. In short, it has simplified our HR function for all parties within our organization.

Pros

It has been one of the most user-friendly experiences we have ever come across. Including being a previous customer with some of the large PEO companies out there. The level of customization with apps is unparalleled from our experience. Employees and Admins alike, love it since our implementation.

Cons

Nothing really it had been great across the board.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Overcomplicated software and ever-increasing fee structure.

Justin

Industry: Defense & Space

Review for Ripping from an Employee POV

My company did my onboarding process via Rippling and it was super easy. They also notify us of benefits and payroll/PTO through the platform, so I check it regularly. Never had any issues with it. From my experience, works a lot better than competitor platforms.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use. Fast and responsive. Streamlined. A cut above online HR platforms from a UX point of view.

Cons

Nothing, really, I haven't had any problems working with it. I will say, I can't vouch for things from an admin/management POV as that's outside my realm of duties. But, strictly from an employee standpoint, it's great.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I don't remember what we used before but it wasn't very good. I want to say it was ADP. Rippling has been a drastically better experience for online HR management.

Anthony

Industry: Information Services

August 2022

A great product making life easier for startups

Pros

It's a product with a complete toolset that makes life easier for startups. From HR management of a global team, to easy payrolls - it really covers everything we have needed until now!

Cons

Integrations sometimes ask for many permissions without you knowing why it needs it.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Adding team members from locations outside the US was much easier and straightforward with Rippling.

Rippling is the easiest and most comprehensive HR & Payroll software out there

Having used many other payroll/HR services in the past, I'm overall a huge fan of Rippling. They offer way more under one umbrella than any other service out there.

Pros

Ease of use with hiring/onboarding, very straightforward payroll process, simple access to individual state tax laws, easy navigation in employee database

Cons

It can be difficult to get instant replies from support, but once you do hear back they're generally quite helpful.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Access to a lot more built-in features that competitors don't have.

Margot

July 2022

Great set up with lots of support

Pros

Tylre who helped onboard our nonprofit was so responsive and helpful!! Its a game changer having all our payroll in one place for our small non profit with lots of international contractors.

Cons

So far I love it. I had some minor issues with my account not allowing me access to the help feature. But that was resolved.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

They were unable to pay all our contractors based on their location

Jose

August 2022

Rippling is the most modern tool out there in its class, almost its own league

Overall experience is great

Pros

Hard to find a tool that integrates so well with other tools

Cons

Onbording took a bit more time that expected, as have to enter data to properly setup integration with other tool

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I switched from TriNet as they introduced frees, went from zero to "thousands" per month

Rippling Review

Great overall experience.

Pros

Time and attendance / clock in clock out methods are very easy to use.

Cons

Could be better on fixing bugs and having non wifi capabilities in our field.

March 2022

A lot to like, but if you need payroll be wary

As I mentioned, on the HR side of things, it is fairly easy to use Rippling. Payroll has its positives, until something goes wrong and then it is the worst nightmare and time suck that you will experience with a payroll software. As you can tell I am pretty frustrated. This isn't my first time that I have searched for other alternatives. I am considering other options at this point. Somehow the last five times I went through this they came through in the end but not before exhausting me, their customer and my accountant. It's not fun to rack up bills fixing the mistakes for software that I am paying for. If I change it will be to one of the payroll services with phone support.

Pros

Rippling on the whole is fairly easy to use and employee friendly, until you get to payroll.

Cons

The customer support setup is dreadful. Again, the people are nice, but the way it is handled is not acceptable for payroll. Payroll needs to have phone support as it is a time sensitive issue. I have been through all their growing pains, and feel like I should be compensated for debugging their software. They brought taxes in house and now several tax forms are late, again! There is no transparency with your payroll taxes or payments. I reached out to my account representative and his email address is no longer valid. ARGH. The inability to ever reach them via phone is a huge negative and the email support ticketing system is ridiculous if you have payroll questions. Also several of my open issues were never resolved, and they were over a broad range of issues involving payroll, pto, and insurance, yet they closed all the tickets. Again, promises promises on anything that isn't working correctly. The funding may be rolling in for Mr. Conrad, but they are losing grasp of the basics, as well as the items that used to function properly. At some point the reviews will not be so kind if this continues. If they resolve customer support I would be a much happier customer.

Joseph

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

From a Users Perspective

Rippling has by far been the smoothest experience I've had handling my benefits, payroll, onboarding, etc. Login and password requirements are sensible, Multi-factor-auth is available and encouraged, activities/actions users can take are clearly labeled and easy to find, and once you, say, click into payroll, it's fairly obvious how to do what you need. Rippling is quite comprehensive in it's scope, and it's execution is stellar. Unlike similar platforms I won't name, none of it feels slapped together or like someone didn't want to pay for extra feature X so there's a big gap in the program. I've quite enjoyed it. It has its issues, like it's telemetry and it's reliance on Chrome. however, neither of these are dealbreakers, imo. The telemetry is clearly centered around user interface interaction, which no doubt is how they've made their UI/UX so intuitive. My primary concern as a user of this software is that should a company go all in on rippling, that I'd be tracked by my employer without my consent with that telemetry down the line.

Pros

- Clear and intuitive UI/UX - Informative Context Everywhere -- Benefits onboarding was well laid out and easy to compare options -- Paystub breakdowns and explanations are awesome -- User profiles actually helpful - Orgchart Just Works. - Healthcare management is easy.

Cons

- Reliance on Chrome: I've noticed some site features don't behave quite right unless I use a Chrome based browser, and their Employee Home product only works as a Chrome extension, there's no site-based experience for it that I've found. So if you aren't a chrome user, you have to install and keep open an extra browser if you want to take advantage of that without migrating from your current preferred browser. - Site bloat. Initial load of their site is takes 4-5 seconds on my gigabit internet, and clicking around the site results in multiple 5-10 second load times. It can feel unbearable waiting for a page that's just text to load. And then if I inspect the page, A single page of text took over 12 megabytes (post compression) to load. - Tracking/Security. Rippling makes a call back home with what appears to be quite detailed telemetry every 3 seconds, sending not just mouse events like clicking, but the specific place on the page you clicked, hovered, or even scrolled to. Not to mention logging everything you type, every field you type it in. And there's no obvious way to disable this. This in of itself is a security problem for me. One solace is that this tracking is well implemented. Secure forms that should not be tracked are not logged over the wire. However, everything else seems to be.

Sherine

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though. I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Brock

Industry: Animation

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Alysha

I am excited to implement Rippling !

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Rippling's platform was the most user friendly as customizable. Rippling also offered us an all-in-one platform at great price. I am very satisfied with the platform so far and would recommend it highly!

Reasons for switching to Rippling

The customer support at Paychex is segregated so you have to call a different numbers for every issue, which consumes a great deal of time. The platform is also not very customizable, especially for the price. Lastly, as a new administrator for the platform, it was like pulling teeth to get training and information about what package our company signed up for as well as the pricing breakdown.

Ryan

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot. From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform. Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Completeness of vision and breadth of capabilities. Gusto was P2 in the end, and while the overall product UI is more compelling, the IT management capabilities of Rippling (while coming in at a price premium) pushed them ahead.

Derrick

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Lindsey

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations! Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT. The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

Antoinette

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

Douglas

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Forward thinking on app integrations and great user interface

Reasons for switching to Rippling

ADP really has one offering -- payroll -- and they are awful at it. I'm still baffled at how a company can be so incompetent at the one thing they do...and also grow to the size they have.

Response from Rippling

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Replied January 2020

Scott

Industry: Publishing

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I ran into a number of issues where Zenefits support was slow to respond, then inflexible and unhelpful. In the end even my request to cancel Zenefits was ignored so long that it passed my renewal date and they tried to force me to pay for another year's service. It's a little strange that two companies founded by the same person could have such different service values. Glad I'm with Rippling.

Letha

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Response from Rippling

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Replied December 2019

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Really came down to having a system set up employees on everything from one single platform that connects to EVERYTHING we use. Salesforce logins, phone system set up, computer security and purchasing, adobe, MS and tons more. Super smart business model and clean easy to use software that kept getting better every week we looked at it.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Additional integrations and more customized options. Computer security and software provisioning. Gusto was great for simple payroll but Rippling blew them away with the rest of the services.

Response from Rippling

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Replied October 2019