• Pros

• "I like the great look and feel of the design, as well as the many features it has. "

• "It's incredibly easy to use, and because it's a well thought out product, it is flexible enough to most or all of my roadmapping needs."

• "It's really easy to use the software, I didn't even need training, I could figure it all by myself."

• Cons

• "This is good for when I know features will be on the roadmap, but doesn't work as great for me to future plan or plan higher level then break down. "

• "The integration with Jira can be a little tricky at times, but other than that its really great."

• "At times it can be a bit slow...when I'm dragging things around quickly it can take a second or two to "catch up"."

Browse Roadmunk Reviews

William from Viasat

A great product for visual representation of complex timelines

This product is perfect for showing complex timelines with multiple swimlanes, owners, and dependencies. it's also very easy to update thanks to the import export functionality.

Pros

The ability to show a timeline on a display for a presentation and work with it in real time.

Cons

It's difficult to train people on as the database backend isn't what people intuitively understand.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

I needed something that could maintain 10+ user accounts for over a dozen programs across the enterprise. This gave a graphical output that showed the complexity without losing the viewers in the details.

Amy from Capital One

I love It!

Overall fantastic. Folks on chat are always nice and helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent and always helps us.

Pros

I love love love how simple it. If you have a team that shys away from Agile because the act of doing Agile practices is cumbersome, this is the answer of the tool you want to invest in. Your team can easily add, move and remove items without it being a chore. Further, no need to manually add or duplicate individual views onto a team view. This was HUGE for us. I set up my team board master views to automatically pull from folk's individual boards and I can see everything in one place. No more Jira, no more excel sheets or Version One. Everything is intuitive and allows us to put more focus on the work rather than doing time consuming tracking.

Cons

Just a few minor tweaks: 1) Always have a warning message to double check if someone wants to actually delete items. Especially if it's an item that is sourced in a Master RM view. 2) Would love if there was a better way to show Completed items, without deleting them, but also not having them stretch the Swimlane view. As I continue to move things to Completed, they stretched the view making it harder to see things so I had to then create a view just for Completed items. I don't love that but it will do for now. 3) Coming from the trail was helpful as I already has the templated that the trial set me up with. But as my peers joined and hadn't done the trial, it was a whole new ballgame getting them set up from scratch. Regardless if someone does or doesn't do the trial, could you always preset the template? This would help keep folks engaged and not fear the tool because of the level of effort it takes just to get set up.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

We've tried Jira lite version, we've tried Version One, we've even set some templates up on Excel...holy cow all of which are SO manual and have large room for errors and mistakes. This takes all of that away and puts in place something simplified.

Michelle from Signpost

Easy to use, but very slow

Easy to use, but overall we were not able to use this as our sole roadmap solution.

Pros

It's easy to add items and drag/drop items to adjust timelines on roadmaps. Creating different views from the same list of items is a time saver.

Cons

It's not easy to customize the look of each view, or the columns/headers and sub-headers. Adding items to a view are sometimes immediately filtered out, so you have to hunt the items down and update them to meet the filter criteria so they appear on your roadmap. The software itself if slow to load and almost impossible to edit while sharing your screen in a meeting.

Steven from Ion Group

Superb Roadmap Product - Huge

We are currently publishing our 2020/2021 product roadmaps to the customer base and it was important to be able to use a tool that was effortless , functional and could produce professional looking roadmaps. I have gone through several iterations of the roadmap and RoadMunk cater for such amendments so well. I saved literally weeks worth of time. Overall it is a fantastic product and I will be using for a long time to come. A final note, the customer service and help sections are exceptionally good. You can tell a lot of effort went into the support capabilities of the product and it really shows.

Pros

The software is very easy to use in particular being able to create multiple views using the same data set. This is extremely helpful when trying to create an internal and external view of the roadmap. Secondly, the ability to move items around seamlessly is invaluable. I can switch an item between initiatives, extend the timeline or move it to later in the year in a matter of seconds. I used to use Visio or PPT to do this and I would spend significant time re-drawing and formatting the roadmap. I save so much time with Roadmunk. Finally I really like the presentation of the roadmap, it looks professional and sharp. The ability to republish and send clients and stakeholders a link, is very useful.

Cons

The performance of the application at time can be slow however not to the extent that it would put me off using it. I found the formatting to be a little challenging at first, I needed to copy some of the templates however after I learned how to do that, I was fine.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

I found Templafy very useful when used with PPT however I would spend a long time re-formatting after making amendments. I really needed a product that focused on Roadmaps.

Matt from LifeOmic Inc.

Great for what I need - high-level prioritization and roadmapping

Pros

I like that it is stupid-simple to use, and lets me do high-level prioritization. I needed a tool where I could look globally at all of our epic-level initiatives and move them around as needed to have prioritization and trade-off discussions with leadership.

It was simpler.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Trello was great if you wanted more detail, but it was just too detailed and in-depth for what I needed.

Adam from Axcient

Easy to use visualization tool

We needed a way to effectively communicate our product roadmaps internally. After using a number of internal and external tools, we landed on Roadmunk. The 'master roadmap' feature is critical for our teams as it allows us to aggregate component level roadmaps into broader product, product portfolio and company roadmaps. The tool also allows us to easily align roadmap initiatives with company and department OKRs for full visibility and tracking.

Pros

Very easy to start a new roadmap manually or by csv import. Once started, timeline visualizations can be created instantly and configured to view what your audiences deem important.

Cons

It would be nice to see team members activity as they make roadmap updates either via notifications or a history view.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Easier to use; Nicer visuals; Slightly less expensive.

Rich from Oseberg

Industry: Oil & Energy

Roadmunk Rocks

Best customer support from any company I have ever encountered. Their overall Product Management culture is also exemplary. I use Roadmunk not only for their awesome product but as a benchmark every day for our client support and product teams!

Pros

Ability to use Roadmunk as feature prioritization tool (and getting better!) and then automatically create beautiful and functional visualizations from same Item list. Terrific for communal efforts and exec/customer presentations.

Cons

Lack of font support (without having to use markup language) for Item Descriptions... needs better formatting control. Lack of ability to “create JPG etc” of Item list. Need for presentations of product feature list. (CSV export not helpful for this, sorry!)

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Ability to just as easily “swap priority story cards” and also have powerful integrated roadmapping and project management tools and visualization.

Great Roadmapping tool that allows for flexibility for our complex organizational reporting

Great customer service, and they continue to make improvements. Researched other road-mapping tools this year and didn't find anything that quite met our needs the way they do.

Pros

The management of ideas and getting them on the roadmap is fairly easy. I am on a product that then combines to other roadmaps for a whole picture for management, so my updates auto combine to their views.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Prodpad wasn't meeting our needs for the time line visual for execs.

The best tool I've found to manage prioritization.

Pros

I am a PM who tons of internal clients and all of them believe their projects are the most important (naturally!). This has been a great way to show the sheer number of projects in flight and enable prioritization discussions.

Cons

It's not really the software's fault but due to strict security regulations in my industry we haven't been able to standup the Jira integrations like we wanted.

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

Easier management and clearer timeline views.

Karen from PicsArt Inc.

A robust roadmapping tool but takes time to get used to

I am still learning the tool but so far it has solved a lot of problems and made my life easier in day to day work.

Pros

So far my favorite feature is the option to have different views for the same roadmap. It's easy to manage your roadmap, make changes and share with other teams and basically anyone who has interest. It makes the roadmap very easy to view and understand, and in the process of creation prioritizing items becomes much easier because of the high-level view. I see an option to integrate Jira which seem extremely useful but I haven't got to it yet.

Cons

It takes time to get used to Roadmunk. The most annoying part is probably it taking time to process changes and sometimes canceling an action because it still didn't load your previous action. In short it is sometimes slow.

Duh.

Bobbie from Navis, LLC

Industry: Maritime

Pleasantly Surprised Every Time I Use Roadmunk

I am the sole user on our team, and the only one 'playing' with the product to get the most out of it. I don't have very much time, but when I am able to dedicate attention to entering our broad-ranging roadmapping wishlist items, I always walk away a little bit delighted and a little bit excited about what we'll be able to show. It does take strategy to make decisions about what fields to include, and that is the tough part to figure out. I scheduled office hours for a 1:1 coaching session, and it was incredibly helpful. The consultant 'got me' exactly. Just the right amt of info for that moment. Of course I'll have more.

Pros

Roadmunk strikes the right balance between allowing you to add custom fields your data and providing prompts and formats for you to include common fields for roadmapping. One example is the ability to toggle between setting dates and putting in buckets. Hand in hand with that is a UI and nomenclature that is on-target and mostly avoids introducing confusion. Care was obviously taken in this respect. I can also say that the sharing options (to HTML, etc.) are what absolutely seals the deal. Stakeholders can have access to the (constantly updated) product without forcing them to have accounts.

Cons

Sub-items are sluggish to add and move around. As someone who is a power user of Gannt charting programs, it's a little bit of a challenge to get used to the way sub-items work in Roadmunk. I would like to see the ability to configure views so that you can roll up all sub-items under a parent and treat the parent as the only thing that matters in that view. That said, I'm really glad the functionality is included, and I'm optimistic about the evolution. I also don't like how pale and small some of the UI elements are. I have some mild visual impairment, so the colors help a lot. I would like to see the ability to scale up or down the ratio of colored area to text size.

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

At the time we made the choice, we didn't know (and still don't, really) whether we wanted just a roadmapping tool or a project tracker. But the sharing options were the deciding factor. I can easily share any view and any number of views with any stakeholders, and they don't have to log in anywhere extra. For administration, the spreadsheet export/import is very impt too. Another positive is the modern look.

Catherine from CBC/Radio-Canada

My two cents about my Roadmunk experience

Roadmunk is a tool that I use to give me an overview of several timelines or key dates that can impact other project. I also create specific visual for timelines and monitoring tasks for different type of projects.

Pros

What I like the most is the way that I can feature the work plan, phases on a timeline or on a swim lane by listing some items. It's also very nice to have the possibility to add sub-items, it makes everything so much clearer.

Cons

What I like the least about the software is when I need to change the features of my timeline or swim lane, I feel that the menu on the left is not that user friendly. Also, my work is full of diversity and even tho I can understand the bonus of not having always to replicate fields while starting a new roadmunk, in my position every map is built for a different project that has a different team, or tasks, so it becomes difficult to create and identify which field is for which roadmunk.

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

I chose Roadmunk for the price and the ease of working with the product (Even tho I said earlier it can be more user friendly, I think it's already great). The final look of the product (timeline or swim lane) was also very important for me, specially if I need to present the process of a project to my boss or a client. But above all, the two main arguments that played in the decision were the security certification for the software and the fact that the company is Canadian.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

I feel that the over all Gant Chart tool was not as appealing for the user. It's not easy to work with and it's not aesthetically pleasing.

Lisa from NantHealth

Easy Roadmapping

This tool achieves the ability for my team to be able to quickly update and manage the roadmap and create different views to address questions and needs of our company and clients. I really love this tool and all the options I have.

Pros

I love the ability to create roadmaps and views on the fly. I can update the data easily and create new views that address the needs of my business and help the teams I work with visualize the roadmap in different lenses. It's easy to use and the new sub-topic option is perfect for the types of complex products and feature sets we manage.

Cons

The only thing, which I hope is addressed in a future release, is the ability to view the sub-topics on the timeline view of the roadmaps in sub-lines that are linked instead of the current hover option. When printing and/or sharing, we need the ability to show those items on the timeline view in detail as well.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Needed something that didn't require us to manage roadmaps and formatting in powerpoint, heavily manual processes.

Joseph from Kiite

Best looking roadmaps in Sales and Board Meetings

The team is very responsive to requests, they're quick to help us get the most out of the tool, and I'm always happy to refer them!

Pros

The export options cover *all* my bases. We embed views of our roadmaps in our board decks, in sales playbooks, and share them during internal meetings. Having all the options they have makes it *super* easy to manage a single roadmap and share different views with different stakeholders.

Cons

I wish it were easier to collect more end-user feedback, as that would help us eliminate other tools in our software stack.

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

The focus on roadmap publishing and updating makes it super easy to keep my stakeholders on the same page. Other tools focused more on collecting user/customer feedback, which we were already good at.

Michael from Covea Insurance

Roadmunk is excellent

Great company to do business with. very quick to support when needed.

Pros

Roadmunk is an easy to use collaboration tool. it makes it really easy to story map products and customer journeys with stakeholders and developers. using a user story map gives context to requirements in the wider product.

Cheaper and standalone

Marcela from Furukawa Electric Latam

Product Roadmap

Pros

It is customizable and easy to use. We enjoy very much the exports options, like the URL export.

Cons

The date range is always changing. It could be better if we could setup the beginning and end date of all roadmaps by default. For example, the template should be the FY (april to march) and we must show 2 FY in every roadmap. But if a project started in 2015, when we change colors or filters the range gets back to 2015. Also, the reviewer plans should be more acessible.

Summet from OPTrust

Industry: Investment Management

Easy to use Roadmapping

Overall it's a very dynamic application and enthusiastic team which backs it. They are definitely making an impact in the start-up community. This has created a significant impact to our organization to support our Digital Transformation.

Pros

Roadmunk was very easy to setup and had a great starter set of templates. Support is very good and the team is very professional. They have been able to provide an answer to all inquiries. Overall, we have not found many bugs with the program. This creates very attractive boards for executive leaders

Cons

Limited in enterprise planning features and configurable layouts. Due to the design of the software, we cannot adjust the size of headers and items easily. There is no way to do detailed weight for prioritization and fields do not have configurable dependencies (i.e. if Yes, then allow a list of choices) or calculations between fields. User administration is limited and also does not display well on smartphones. Although dated - better functionality for printable copies of roadmaps is referred

Sushant from Caregility

Easiest decision to go with Roadmunk. Simply the best value for money!

Good quality UI/UX, simple yet very effective and powerful sharing methods and absolutely worth the investment of time and money!

Pros

Ease of Integration with existing JIRA boards Organization Theme and Color Scheme on Different Views VERY straightforward UI/UX for both users and admins

Cons

Need more features around customizing Gantt Charts for showing trend lines and swim-lanes.A Need some additional icons for milestones and tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

I've reviewed about 6-7 different tools for Roadmapping tools ranging from one of the very sophisticated ones like AHA! to the simple roadmaps that JIRA provides, I cannot thank enough that I found Roadmunk which was a perfect balance between both

Ivan from Electronic Arts

Industry: Computer Games

Expensive, but worth it if you're serious about roadmaps

Great, as a PO I'm on it every day. Amazing communication tool, helps me keep myplan together.

Pros

Great visualization features. Very easy to use. Ability to create multiple views. Ability to change display of data on the fly - I've done that several times during a meeting to answer questions from stakeholders.

Cons

Ability to document initiatives can be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

Roadmunk is truly designed for roadmaps

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Excel was a terrible solution for maintaining roadmaps. Roadmunk turned it around for me. I also tried using Portfolio for a while, but it was not an adequate tool for roadmaps, Portfolio is really designed for scope/capacity decision making, not roadmaps.

Audrey from ACEP

Great for stakeholder alignment

Pros

Helps teams visualize priorities and capacity which makes it easy for alignment and clarification. Very easy to learn as you go in terms of which view works best for your team. They seems to be trying to make small continuous improvements throughout the year which is nice.

Cons

Sometimes changes don't take which can be frustrating. A bit expensive so we have to limit how many people actually have an account. Wish there was a way to collect ideas from folks that don't have access but don't want to install a plugin.

Tom from BigHand

Great piece of kit.

I trialled a number of roadmapping products before eventually selecting Roadmunk, most of the big names. I found that for my needs almost all of the competition were hellishly complicated - I didn't need the strategy/business case definition in there, I don't need a JIRA integration, and I'm not managing hundreds of roadmaps. I was able to very quickly get up and running with Roadmunk and in a very short period of time got to what I needed - a view of the future which I could present to the Board to get sign off on the roadmap. I've since started using it for more than that - i plan in our architectural/platform roadmap, I use it to work out which of my team to assign to products, and so on. It's really powerful. My one qualm with the product is that the bulk of the dev/new features seems (understandably) to go on stuff for large customers, and isn't always relevant for my needs. But as I say, the product as it stands helps me a lot. Noah & the team have been super helpful whenever I've needed anything, too.

Pros

Cons

Can be difficult to use in presentations without a lot of work on the colouring.

Alex from Set Scouter

Best roadmap software ever

Love Roadmunk and their software, they do a great job making it easier for everyone.

Pros

The user experience and onboarding is absolutely brilliant. This is simply the best planning software for small-to-medium technology companies.

Cons

No initial cons to discuss about Roadmunk. They are very receptive to feedback and their customer support is excellent.

Jason Taylor from CBT Nuggets

Decent Visual Roadmapping Tool

We wanted a bird's eye view of big picture work and progress thereto. Roadmunk did the job, but at a cost. We ultimately moved away in favor of plug-ins to give us the functionality while retaining the visibility.

Pros

It's very flexible for iterative project management and has a good timeline visualization for a large scope perspective on complex initiatives.

Cons

It's a little pricey . To get the most out of it you need to bring more people into the fold, so the price goes up. But it's not a comprehensive tool for breaking down specific tasks. So if you're in a shop that drives work through Jira tickets, for example, but also need to use Roadmunk for mapping you're in a rough spot- either pay a bunch to have Roadmunk visible to everyone, or pay just enough to have it for product owners, in which case you lose the transparency. Ultimately, we decided to use Atlassian plug-ins to achieve the same goal.

Jay from ALSAC

Simplicity & Flexibility

Roadmunk is the easiest and most flexible tool for creating visually compelling roadmaps. I have used them with technical teams, business teams, and executives - each audience needs a slightly different view and Roadmunk makes it easy to tell your story across those audiences.

Pros

The flexibility - being able to pivot into different views without recreating the roadmap is a lifesaver. This allows you to speak to your audience's needs and get buy in. Also, the tool is easy to update and incorporate feedback. Another big plus is shareability - my stakeholders have a link to the roadmap in their inbox before the meeting is over thanks to Roadmunk.

Cons

I would love to see a stripped down mobile view that could be used to reference information on the fly.

Roadmunk is the ultimate way to organize and share your roadmaps

The ability to take my roadmaps out of Google Docs, OmniGraffle, or Sketch and turn them into something that I could maintain and share makes everyone happy, especially the teams making decisions based on the roadmap.

Pros

The flexibility! There are so many ways to configure your roadmaps and provide different views of the data for different stakeholders. The ability to combine Roadmunk with Jira has been very helpful for my team. The roadmaps just look great. I received a lot of help from the staff when asking questions and they even offered a training session.

Cons

While it does roadmaps very well, I would more comfortable with a lower price point and potentially different options for user levels. I've been stumped by the user interface a few times and have found that it is NOT infinitely flexible. I think it is deceptively restrictive - it looks like you can do anything, but you can only do a lot. Like many SaaS apps, the sales funnel was very automated and I received an abundance of emails.

Bryan from charterUP

Solid Product, expensive for whole team access

Positive experience, its a solid product. I will continue to use it for my single user but it could definitely be doing more for my organization.

Pros

Easy to create new items Quick changes to timelines Nice visuals for roadmapping CSV Import and Export is nice

Cons

Update more than one row for a start/end time Cost is a big reason we haven't been using it more for investor presentations JIRA integration wasn't seamless when I tried it.

JIRA integration, free trial

Michael from Datacom

Great look and feel!

We are trying to use it to mark out roadmaps at a high level and feed items that needs to be implemented into JIRA.

Pros

Cons

It is not quite as straight forward as it seems to use at the beginning. Especially when we need to figure out the details of how it should sync with Jira

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

Because of the well done user interface and vast amount of features.

Kenny from Walt Disney Imagineering

Great Tool for Creating Visual Roadmaps

As a product manager, Roadmunk makes it very easy to create multiple representations of my roadmap for my different stakeholders. What used to take hours in other tools (like powerpoint or Illustrator), is now automatic.

Pros

The ability to create visual roadmaps and publish them is fantastic. There are so many ways to slice and pivot the data to create exactly the view you're looking for. Even the formatting options are plentiful. And the ease of editing from within the visualizations is great. (Editing from within the timeline view is my favorite!)

Cons

The idea management tools are good for organizing ideas, but aren't great for receiving feedback directly from users. I want my users to be able to submit their own ideas to the system, comment on other users ideas, and up/downvote those ideas to help prioritize them. I then want to be able to tie this to my roadmap.

Yannick from www.Namaste-Welfare.org

FINALLY! THE roadmap product I have looking for, since years...

Honestly, after decade of Project Management and multiple PM + Gantt charts software, even having tried PowerPoint & Excel "high-level roadmap graphs"... NOTHING ever was really working... gantt have typically bad design... PowerPOint or Excel can create nice design, but there is no data behind it... no automation, no easy update... And when it comes to Product Roadmap... usually same problem, but hopefully some people GOT IT there, and designed NICE LOOKING & "sexy" charts/roadmaps... but too often there are totally disconnected from data and can not be updated easily... just pure design... So, long story short: after months of intensive research, I FINALLY found RoadMunk!! The nirvana for me: I could design & present super SEXY Roadmaps... AND construct them based on data, allowing me to pivot dimensions easily and show subset of the roadmap. Sexy AND Powerful! The unique feature of RoadMunk? The MATRIX view of the data, in addition to the Roadmap view... Fantastic, could not live anymore without it. Honestly, I searched hard... there nothing better there for representing nice-looking and adaptable high-level Roadmaps! Highly recommended

Pros

NICE LOOKING & "sexy" charts/roadmaps AND based on data allows to pivot dimensions easily and to show subset of the roadmap. Unique feature of RoadMunk: the MATRIX view of the data, in addition to the Roadmap view...

Cons

no direct integration with backend data (Excel, google sheet, Jiira)

Brent from WineDirect

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

An easy to use, and flexible roadmapping software.

We have several different roles wanting to know where different projects/initiatives are at. Roadmunk gives the power to the product team to create a view of the roadmap for everyone. From swimlanes to gantt chart style roadmaps - it's great!

Pros

You can create many different "views" of your roadmap tailored for different audiences (C-level, developers, department managers, etc.) so they see what is relevant and important.

Cons

I wish it had a feature intake/request aspect to it, but it doesn't currently.

Raya from Abilis Solutions

Industry: Public Safety

Great software

Overall the experience is very positive, very good and fast feedback from the support, even though I have an issue to get some exact dates (or at least quarters) on when certain features get released.

Pros

Cons

I find the software to be buggy, as well as I find the performance deteriorates when there is a lot of data.

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

Ease of use, attractive price, support

Chrystie from Financial Services

Feedback from

Pros

Intuitive Visually pleasing Easy to teach

Cons

Formatting - it is hard to see the label title on your timeline view. I wish there was a way to wrap text so you can see the entire label It also is a little clunky how it lines up on the swimlane view and overlapping tasks are on different lines, but then later tasks can be on a previous line In swimlane view, I wish a label could straddle over a couple of quarters or buckets vs having to select if you want it in the month it is ending or beginning

Thomas from Lemvigh-Muller A/S

Easy to work with

We use it for internal and external communication about our roadmaps. Product Owners use it for planning and forecasting delivery dates.

Pros

Roadmunk is fast, does not require any installation of software and supports nearly everything we need in a roadmapping tool. The UI is easy to understand and requires a minimum of training. I also like how new features keep arriving, many of which cover issues we have had.

Cons

Sometimes navigation between the diffent panes can be confusing

Price. Ease of use.

Kamil from Survicate

Very cool tool for planning a big pictire

I get a big picture of what is going on in the company, and I can communicate the big picture to our team.

Pros

I like how I can plan my team initiatives and present them easily in different views, different dimensions.

Cons

Some technical stuff, like the fact that it need to reload everytime you make a change. I am also missing dependencies a lot in that.

Mike from Hanover Insurance

Great and Easy to Use Product!

Great experience! Would recommend and have recommended to colleagues.

Pros

This software allows you to very easily track deliverables future and current. I would recommend this product to anyone that manages a large program.

Cons

Two factor authentication should be an easily configured item on this tool to protect the data.

Eric from Planswell

Everyone's on the same page

As our company was growing, a lot of the stuff that had been communicated implicitly wasn't getting shared with the team, and it was harder to become aligned. Using Roadmunk helped everyone on the team to have visibility into our upcoming priorities, and give input on them. It's really helped us to knock down the silos.

Pros

The visibility and shareability are key. For the technical and marketing etc teams to just make their project management software open to the rest of the team sounded great, but it gave zero understanding, as it gets too far into the weeds to be useful. Being able to simply layout the high level course and share it around was a huge asset.

Cons

All the software in this vertical is fairly expensive on a per user basis, but in the end, anything less expensive lacked the individual focus on roadmapping.

Anand from Choice Hotels International

Very helpful roadmapping tool for Enterprise Architecture

Excellent customer support and followup to ensure that I was successful using the product

Pros

Ease of use, deployment and low threshold to adoption (intuitive interface and features reduce need for training and reasonable user licensing fees)

Cons

Need support for additional formats to download and port the roadmaps.

Lubomír from Banking Software Company

Great design, value for money and approach to the work with data

I really like it, I think has a good pricing and works well for smaller-mid scale scenarios.

Pros

- I really like the design and I think it is quite important that the exported roadmaps do look clean and pretty as they are shared with external stakeholders. - Also like the approach to the work with data, where each item (feature) has many fields (attributes) and you can order/look at your data-set across different fields (per dev teams/software component/ month of realease...). You can also save these views so you can switch between them easily

Cons

There is only one single big issue with Roadmunk and thats performance. The JIRA synchronization work well, but if you have projects with lower hundreds of epics (and higher hundreds of stories), you will be forced to make sacrifice and to choose higher level look. They are on it supposedly, so hopefully this will improve

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

Design, value for money and the mentioned data approach

Thomas from e-Boks

User friendly and easy to create your company´s roadmap

By using Roadmunk we now have a clear and complete roadmap that provides overview and allows us to focus on the critical stuff.

Pros

It is very easy to use, has the features and capabilities that is needed and that you can tailor roadmaps to fit your strategy.

Cons

That you have to pay $5 per month per reviewer. I lack the option to "flag"/visualize features on the roadmap with a risk of delay

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk

Functionality, easy to get started and better visual presentation

Stephanie from The Adecco Group

Brilliant road-mapping tool

I had to organise an internal conference with approx. 300 participants. The planning started at the beginning of the year, whilst the conference only took place at the end of the year. The core team for this project consisted of more than ten people, who had to manage over a hundred work streams. Roadmunk was the perfect tool to keep track of all the little details and the overview. The tool was very easy to work with and helped a lot to keep this project on track. I can highly recommend it to anybody who has to plan a project, may it be small or large.

Pros

- Easy to use - Great overview - Customisation - Interlinking of timeline overviews

Cons

- Alerts? - I would need to be able to print the timeline on a A3 format

Justin from Morneau Shepell

Clarity for everyone!

Easy to use and valuable. Like to use it, but it would be nice to see some different templates.

Pros

I love that I can share online versions of my roadmaps, and that they come out looking super organized and clean.

Cons

Not all roadmaps are linear. I'd love to see the ability to build cycles in different structures (maybe similar to smart art)

Filip from Fuel srl

A nice timeline, but not great

Pros

It's not easy to use, seems easy but isn't, a good part is that it looks nice to put it on a business plan or whatever

Cons

Well as said the software is not easy to use, and offer one feature, timeline, oh and also something similar to kanban view but not really kanban

Michelle from Morneau Shepell

Roadmunk review

Enjoy it for creating roadmaps

Pros

Display of timelines and milestones is easy to view and share

Cons

Sometimes takes long to load once you have made updates

Julie from Morgan Stanley

Good software but could improve for efficiency

Overall, it's a good product. I like working with it. But I just feel that the tool need more polish on little things to make our life easier and decrease the number of hours we are spending creating our chart.

Pros

The visual. It' s easy to customize your view.

Cons

Painful to select the dates! Could have a copy paste opiton or we could type the dates instead of selecting it from the calendar. When you are working on a yearly roadmap, it's painful. This is not so easy to drag the different project, program, around. Dependencies management is weak. The visual is bad, the way we link the two task together is weird. I would like to be able to display Sub-task on the chart.

Peter from Morgan Stanley

Agile roadmaps on steroids

Benefits realized by using Roadmunk is the ability to speak the same visual language between teams when interacting with roadmaps.

Pros

Crisp views of even the most complex roadmaps with different dimensions to slice by; vibrant color schemes, easily embedding.

Cons

Integration with some other tooling (like custom jira farm or custom wiki software) took more time than anticipated.

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Ease of use - just having the functionality really needed.

Robert from RW Consulting

Solid Roadmapping Tool

The program provides a solid capability to demonstrate a project's roadmap, which I use to show from a feature point of view, a timeline and a milestone view. I can create a URL at the click of a button that users can view without a license. It's an interactive program and I still have much to learn, but in just using the basics, I have found it solid and useful.

Pros

The best feature for Rodmunk is the ability to provide a URL for your roadmap that users can see without having to have a license. This way, others int eh company can follow progress with just clicking on a link which saves on time and I don't have to send email updates.

Cons

The interface is a little clunky at first but has a very quick learning curve. There are many features I have still not learned to use but will with time.

Diego from Qontigo

5 starts for the integration with Jira

Extremely useful reporting views of Jira progress (at project, epic and component level).

Pros

The main use for Roadmunk in my organization is to provide visibility of Epic progress, conflicts and potential risks on the progress of our development intiatives. Integration with Jira has been incredibly useful as we can provide exposure of progress to upper management on very comprehensive way and it provides tools for open discussions. These would have been very difficult using native Jira reporting tools.

Cons

My organization has a complex structure and providing reports or view access to different level of users has been a challenge, but I believe it's based on the nature of our own structure and not a flaw in the platform.

Jules from Kubion

Industry: Information Services

Lots of customization

Better planning, better collaboration, transparancy and clarity!

Pros

Love the jira integration, the flexibility to setup your own fields, views. Good pricing, value for money!

Cons

I'm missing the option to get user feedback on ideas generated by our customers.

Flexibility and price

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk

Jira is too heavy and requires lots of administration

anuj from Bell Canada

A great way to visualize your companies long term strategy

visualize and align the business on a single long term strategic roadmap that involves a lot of crossfuntional project owners

Pros

1. UX is well done 2. customize views

Cons

1. be able to copy and paste timeline items so that I don't need recreate them (especially useful for when I have very similar timeline items that need minor tweaks after copying them).

Sebastian from Visit Group

Industry: Information Services

MIssing parts

We need a roadmap tool and Roadmunk is the best we found, but not perfect. We are not sure if we'll continue after this first year ended.

Pros

It's looking very good and are easy to use in workshop

Cons

We are working with external customers in Roadmunk. - Few Users type. Need more (Admin, Read/Write, Read etc) - We are missing possibility for reviewer (customer) to add items. I.e customer has their own roadmap, they cant add possible items for us to work with together and to include in Roadmunk roadmap. It's wrong process to do it with Ideas. - Missing possibility to add pictures in Description and comments. - Sometimes hard to understand the menu when you are in a roadmap and want to go to another.