Browse Sage Timeslips Reviews

Easy way to keep track of all attorney billing statements, as well as client payments.

It is easy to keep track of attorney time, things happening with each individual file, and client bills.

Pros

Each attorney can have their own form of the software and enter their specific entries. You can see all client bills from the past and present. There is an easy screen which shows each client's balance, last bill cycle, last payment, their address, phone number, and how much interest they are accruing. It is easy to enter your time entries and generate client bills. You can also generate all client's who haven't paid, last time they've paid, how much they owe now, and past due balances. You can also enter "notes" with each individual client to keep track of their payments and cards, etc.

Cons

There are a lot of different functions in the software that I don't know how to use or what their purpose is. The office manager has a lot more control over the program so employees can only access certain things. The items I can access were difficult to learn since the buttons are spread out. Some functions that I use left often are harder to remember where they are located. My least favorite thing about the program is that it is very slow and constantly freezes. I have to then wait several minutes to use anything else on the computer, or I have to manually exit the program a few times before it will work after freezing.

Roger from Law Offices of Roger R. Munn Jr., LLC

Meets My Needs, But Frequently Wonky

While certainly not perfect, it remains better than the competition and meets my needs- frustrates me, but I'm still going to be buying the software.

Pros

Easy to use, good layout, and intuitive.

Cons

The program gets wonky pretty often- it doesn't always like anti-virus software, tech support is god-awful, cost keeps going up, and even calling tech support, they haven't been able to eliminate locked screens/info. Also, when you print a History Bill for court to submit to judges, it prints out titled as "Adjustment Note" in large bold lettering, so trying to explain that it is actually a History Bill to a judge unfamiliar with TimeSlips goes nowhere and they are very reluctant to accept it!!!

Reasons for Choosing Sage Timeslips

Because the other products were not as good a fit

Reasons for Switching to Sage Timeslips

The TimeSlips wonkiness bothered me so I switched to QuickBooks (which wasn't easy) and only after the switch did I learn that QuickBooks will not add interest every month (it has to be added manually), so I made a quick retreat from QuickBooks back to TimeSlips

Melinda from Stonemar Realty Management

Buyer Beware - Frequent New Versions and Very Long Waits for Tech Support

Pros

I use it only for basics and it would have bee fine for that if they actually supported it. Even with Support the wait times were ridiculous. I was on for 3 hours and 5 minutes with them last week. Took 30 minutes just to get to a live person who could help.

Cons

Timeslips keeps "upgrading" software I do not need an upgrade for - and after 3 "upgrades" you have to pay for a new version or they cut off tech support (which suggests a financial incentive on their end that would explain the frequent upgrades). You do not get tech support for 3 years (which would be reasonable) - if they upgrade 3x in a year (which they have the right to do per the person I ultimately spoke with) then you have to incur substantial cost for a new version. Also, when you have tech support - the wait times are insanely long. As lawyers, we generally bill by the hour. In addition to my 3 HOUR experience last week, I was just on again this morning for 17 minutes before anyone live even answered. Then, that person needed to transfer me to someone but kindly agreed to stay on the line. They were on for about 5 minutes and finally they gave up and said they would send an email to that department to call me back (I am not holding my breath . . . ). This whole situation is crazy - they actually have software that will call you back if you hit "1" - but this option was only offered to me once (last week) and only after I'd been on hold for 15 minutes. BEWARE and do your diligence before purchasing this product.

Lynn from Buskey Law Offices

Served its Purpose Well

My overall experience with Timeslips was positive. It was a little expensive, but not in comparison to other billing software programs out there. It was relatively easy to use, and we produced attractive and accurate bills for clients. It was only when my firm structure changed that Timeslips could not accommodate us for a reasonable price.

Pros

I found Timeslips to be relatively user friendly. I used it when I was in a partnership with another attorney, and our monthly billing seemed to run smoothly. I had come from another firm that used Tabs, and I found that Timeslips was less complicated overall to use.

Cons

We had some problems with Timeslips after closing our office and changing to remote only offices. We had been using it on a server, and when we tried to change that, it caused a lot of errors and we lost a lot of time trying to make it work. Ultimately, one partner stuck with Timeslips on his system, and I went to another cheaper software product instead of purchasing a second instance of Timeslips. It was frustrating that I had to start from scratch with all client data in the new system, but I don't really fault Timeslips because it certainly worked as needed when we purchased it for our server in the office.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Timeslips

We chose Timeslips because we had been frustrated with Tabs, and we found that Timeslips was a little cheaper at that time. It performed everything we needed it to, and it was relatively easy to use to produce bills and simple reports.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Timeslips

I had used Tabs at a previous, larger law firm and chose not to continue to use it when I left to set up my own firm. My recollection is that Timeslips was cheaper, and it certainly performed every function we needed for our small firm. Tabs at the old firm was always a problem, and we had an administrator that purportedly knew how to use it. We did not want to continually struggle with the functions as we did with Tabs, especially where we would not have an employee dedicated to the use of the billing software (we were basically on our own to make it work).

Chris from NorthgateLaw.com

Going To Clio

After using it since around 2000, I'm going to Clio. The screens are easier to read. It manages your entire practice easily. It is more economical. One does not run into the update ripoff robbery by Sage. The final straw is the Windows side of my MacBook Pro overloaded so I could not get on the internet (that is a complaint about Apple making hard drives only 512 gig in size...at least now you can get an 8 terabyte hard drive if you can wait for it to be shipped from China (hopefully Coronafree)). So when I revised the partition of Bootcamp, it wiped off Timeslips. I had made several backup copies. Now I have to buy 2020 to be able to get my data from Timeslips. Its the last money they'll get from me.

Pros

It allowed me to keep track of time and billing when nothing else was available.

Cons

It or your computer invariably crashes every 4 years and Sage won't let you redownload the version you have been using. Thus, you have to buy an "update" at $1,200.00 or more. The screen is structured so the print is too small. I have gone to Macs around 10 years ago so I have to run it under BootCamp because it is a Windows only program. Until recently it was not cloud based.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Timeslips

No because nothing else was available back then. Now I'm going to Clio which is easier to use, read, and covers everything I need. And their tech support is 24/7.

Autumn from JSMG

Industry: Law Practice

Good program but with some flaws

I've used them for years and it is functioning accurately.

Pros

I like how the program has so many functionalities with respect to running reports and merging with other programs

Cons

The customer service is difficult to reach and you almost always have to call in vs. doing a chat. The size of the typing constantly changes as you type which is annoying. The template for the actual bill cannot be viewed and changed within the bill its self, you must do it while in the template and without seeing the actual function until you switch the viewing screen which is a pain when you need to see if you should move something a bit to the left or right or up or down.

HELEN from Piedmont Law Partners

Sage Timeslips - Clunky and Ill-Suited for the Small Shop

Not good. The product was expensive, so I could not easily switch to an alternative once I realized how hard the product was to use. The options were limited when I first purchased the product. I've since moved on to a much better solution.

Pros

Once I figured out its quirks and counter-intuitive aspects, it generally worked. B

Cons

I paid way more than I should have for the many features that simply were not necessary for my small law firm. I found the product very difficult to use, and always had a hard time solving the problems I encountered.

Soncerie from Kugler Ning Lighting Design

Sage TimeSlips User for over 20+ Years

Better suited for other industries , Customer service started tanking, Wes still the Best they have in the Support Services area.

Pros

Ease of use after you figured out the bugs after every years upgrade.

Cons

Bugs after every years upgrade and that it was just narrow could not really bend for what architects/Designers need to track time and Bill projects.

I actually left Sage Last year and Moved to another product

Sage Timeslips

I used Timeslips to capture time to bill to clients. I found the program difficult to use, too many features for most users and the updates were too expensive.

Pros

It is a well know program, from a reputable company and it has been on market over 15 years.

Cons

1. Complicated to setup, 2 Difficult to use, 3. Too many features for most users, 4. Expensive and 5. Updates are expensive.

Lake from Angel Law

I used it for many years and would strongly advise against using it.

My overall experience has been extremely negative. I would not recommend this to anyone, except perhaps a very large organization that requires this level of customizability, has its own servers and IP department, and is willing to spend a lot of money. It is astonishing that it has been so consistently buggy, and, despite being very expensive, doesn't appear to be improved and maintained very actively. Steer clear.

Pros

It has many features and is highly customizable.

Cons

I've used many versions of it for many years, and every version has been chock-full of bugs. It's very expensive compared to competitors. It must be hosted locally, rather than in the cloud, as modern software of this sort would generally be. Usage and customization is extremely complex often requires that you hire an expert.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Timeslips

We've been using it for years. The plan is to move over to a better billing and time-tracking software once we choose which one that will be.

Linda from Schiller & Florence, CPAs

Have Used TimeSlips for Years

We are comfortable with it. Our office has been using this software to track individual user hours and role rates for decades. I am quite sure our accounting software has a time feature, but we are happy with TimeSlips.

Pros

In our accounting office, we have used TimeSlips since I have been there (over 18 years). We have only updated our version once during that time. It is a basic time, expense, and client tracker. We are a small 3-person firm, and it meets our needs. We haven't updated our version since 2011, so our product is no longer supported. There is a quirk in our version, but I have found a workaround, and the savings in not being required to upgrade our software is worth the workaround.

Cons

Customizing the templates is difficult, and for some reason this year, the "billing assistant" box cannot be moved or minimized once it is opened (this is a 2017 glitch--had not experienced till this year).

Ashleigh from C&M

Works well keeping time to bill for attorney time, paralegal time and/or expenses!

It keeps our time accurately. Somewhat costly.

Pros

I enables us to keep accurate time records of billable and non-billable time for attorneys, paralegals and/or expenses! There are tons of ways to customize what your bills look like. I love that you can review your timeslip entries prior to final billing.

Cons

Some of the customization features they have we would like to use on our final bill but it is rather difficult to manipulate the format to look the way you view in your mind. Also, it isn't the easiest to look at the pre-bills there is a lot of information on the pre-bill and looks a little crazy at first glance, but then after you take time and get used to it, the prebill is actually easy to understand!

Jerry from Harle & Scheff, PLLC

Down The Rabbit Hole

It is more flexible than the software we were using. Otherwise it is archaic, convoluted, ill designed, inflexible and inelegant software to be avoided if at all possible.

Pros

It's breadth of functionality....which would be fine if all that functionality were useable.

Cons

There is very little I do not dislike. The software makes my life immeasurably harder. It is confusing to setup. The screens are hard to read, and badly laid out. The ability to change something if you discover it did not do what you thought it would is sometimes non-existent and if it exists, arcane to discover and use. The number of potential steps in the billing process is ludicrous, and each step has its own set of rules and strictures. The help screens are ludicrous, rarely address a common problem and meaningful customer service virtually non-existent. The software offers few chances to simply eliminate things that are unwanted. I don't need two nicknames for every person, task, activity, etc. In fact, I don't need any. Why not simply offer a screen that says, do you want to use nicknames, and if the user says no...eliminate them. One would normally think you would want the time slip you open to default to today, without having to make a choice, and give you a choice to change to a different date, but no...One would think that if you wanted to round to the nearest x minutes you could make that choice as a default, and change to something different on as needed basis... I have rarely used a software program that leaves me as apoplectic and heightens my blood pressure as much as this one. There are numerous much more usable programs on the market, and had I been asked before purchase, I would have chosen one of them.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Timeslips

The software we were using had the opposite problem from Timeslips. It was supremely easy to use, but lacked any range of functionality and flexibility.

Tiffany from Fischer, Rust & Stock, PLLC

Great billing program!

Great software to assist in monthly billing!

Pros

Timeslips has features in place to prevent editing of old bills - I will say that sometimes it is ok to edit bills but for the most part we want our bills to remain the same as they were when they were sent to the client and Timeslips will only allow editing of the last approved bill which helps keep our bills as they were when they were submitted to the client.

Cons

I wish it were incorporated with a practice management software and the price was more attractive. I also wish the program support was better. Often we have to call an independent consultant and pay them more money to fix issues.

Lexi from Ryder & Phelps, P.C.

Carried our firm for a while, but we needed a change

Pros

The software got the job done for us for many years.

Cons

Not user friendly Not accessible via the web

Gary from Redenbacher & Brown

While easy to enter time with Timeslips, it is far too buggy. Go with another program.

Well...it does track my time and gets bills out, but not without a large amount of aggravation.

Pros

Easy to enter data into Timeslips. It is full featured if you can figure out the features. You'll like the program at first - until it starts giving you problems - and it will.

Cons

Horrifically bad support. It's a buggy program with frequent problems. There is a general rule with software - if they charge for support, it means it's buggy and a frequent problem. Timeslips is no exception. You rarely get through. Instead they take your phone number promising to call back. But they will only call back once, so you might find yourself on a merry go round trying to connect. Database is frequently corrupted requiring verification and repairs although the transition to the Firebird database seems to have helped. I started using Timeslips years ago and the only reason to continue is that of the fear that my data cannot be accurately transferred to a decent program. Most recent problem is poor compatibility with Outlook 2016. Whenever Outlook is open, text entry into the description field of a timeslip lags badly. While there are a lot of reports, figuring out which report and how to get the info you want can be challenging. You can modify layouts for bills, etc., but the user interface for doing so is from the dark ages.

Randall from Randall B. Shorr, Attorney at Law

Timeslips failed to evolve

Initially good, but deteriorated to the point I switched to another, better, cheaper and easier program.

Pros

I used this product for 20+ years through many versions. It was a decent time and billing system

Cons

Over time, the product become more and more expensive, support was difficult to obtain and there were many other competing products that were so much better. I switched to another solution about a year ago.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Timeslips

At the time, it was the best option for me.

Robin from Craig Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

This company is sketchy af

20 years ago, they were a decent company and put out a decent product. Now they have built in glitches, designed to take your system down 12 months after you purchase their product so that your billing information is held hostage until you pay them the required amount.

Pros

It is simple to enter the time in. My employee pick up on entering the information fairly quickly.

Cons

I purchased the program, and not a subscription. You can count on the fact that in 12 months after you purchase the subscription, you will suddenly and magically begin to have glitches. Then they will tell you that that version of the program is no longer supported, therefore you have to spend some random amount of money to upgrade to a version that is supported. Some years this is been $400, some years it has been over $1,000. Meanwhile they hold your information hostage with the built-in error message/glitch that they have included in the program to start appearing within 12 months of your purchase. Run from this company. They will hold your billing information. They will tell you this is not their problem. If you chose not to run from this company, you better pay the extra ransom money for the service plan, but beware, eventually they will just give you the advise that you need to upgrade again.

Susan from MacDonald & Hicks, PA

Industry: Law Practice

Although pricey, the functions meet our firm's needs.

Consistency throughout years of use.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, and the features meet our needs. The coordination of upgrades and database transfers was relatively painless. It coordinates with our MS Outlook, as well.

Cons

Technical support has been poor in our experience. Additionally, the cost is prohibitive to upgrading as often as should occur. We have experienced issues with incompatibility with some of our other software, as well.

Michael from Sides & Ferkovich

Timeslips has gone to a two obsolescence factor from 3 years. As a 10 user firm that is outrageous.

We have used for almost 30 years and did not want to change do the hassle of changing. Do to their change in obsolescence policy, they have motivated us to change. Not enough to make it worth purchasing every two years. That is a ridiculous obsolescence factor.

Cons

Beware, technical support is very poor and expensive. 2 year obsolescence policy on software. Some features like advance payment never worked correctly. Google the software and read comments regarding problems with software.

Diego from The Veritas Law Firm

Is time for Timeslips to embrace the new tech age

I only used it for three years and the hardest part for timeslips was separating separate matters. In my overall experience, I will give 2.5 out of 5 stars. I don't understand why the company hasn't invested in upgrading their overall user experience.

Pros

The Pros of Timeslips were the reports and time tracker, otherwise, I believe is time for Timeslips to either embrace a new era of technology or get left behind.

Cons

It is desktop-based only. No cloud functionality and the only way to connect to it is by using RDP if you have a separate desktop and laptop that you take home. The navigation still looks like is from the 90s and even with their most recent editions, they were unable to change the user interface. Also, I was never able to find a way to convert the invoices to LEDES format.

Reasonable software for professional services firm

We are stuck using this software as itis what is in place at this time.

Pros

It has flexible billing rate structure, outlook integration, ability to import external data and detailed time entry screens

Cons

Very poor features for remote time entry in comparison to every other competitor. Reporting features are limited to create custom financial reports. No project management features.

Brian from Penino & moynihan, llp

Industry: Law Practice

This is our daily billing program

Good. Very good. I would recommend it for other mid sized firm's.

Pros

Its ability to collate different info easily is a huge help. I also like the variable security,because diff people need different access

Cons

The "bong" notification when I spell a word wrong. It is a little off putting, but I guess it will s necessary

Ryan from Asiatico & Associates, PLLC

Good, but not Great

Our firm used TimeSlips for over five years; however, we changed to TimeSolv a few years back because TimeSolv has a newer updated interface and is more user friendly.

Pros

TimeSlips does what you need: keep your time and allow easy forwarding to clients.

Cons

TimeSlips is not the most user friendly or updated pieces of software programs.

Barbara from Law Offices of Barbara Klein

Easy Billing Reports

If does what you need it to. I prefer it over most billing software I have used in the last 10 years.

Pros

Easy data entry. It's hard to make a mistake without the software correcting you. Reports are easy to run as well.

Cons

No customer service, just a giant book as a reference (thank goodness for YouTube). It is not really user-friendly, but once you find out how most of it works its a great software.

Brauna from McCauley Lyman

Industry: Law Practice

Timeslips is usable but has many issues

Pros

We like the invoices it produces and it is able to calculate discounts for early payment, which we offer.

Cons

It is expensive. We need an outside consultant for help. It can be wonky and the developers either ignore you or are very slow to fix things.

professional billing

Pros

we use this for billing hourly time for professional services - it offers a discount for prompt payment that no other software has

Cons

it is a little buggy and seems to require annual updates to continue functioning and it is too expensive for what it is

Angela from Strobel & Hanson, P.A.

For the most part this program is easy to use but has its flaws

Pros

The ease of finding what you want when you want it and ease of the ability to search within the program

Cons

It is not easily manipulated and you not able to change things once you have submitted. it is very difficult in that aspect

Sarah from Sarah Monfreda Accounting

Software for Law Firms

This is a good software for law firms looking to track all time and expenses, and create invoices and statements for clients. It allows you to track client IOLTA transactions and balances easily. Be aware that this does not take the place of accounting software.

Pros

The ability to record draw downs, in Trustee account prior to invoicing is nice. It is also easy to correcting prior entries made (in time and expenses as will as funds transactions and payments received).

Cons

I find the report feature to be somewhat clunky and the labels for them not very descriptive. The software is also rather pricey.

Kieran from Meridian Solutions Group

Learning Curve but worth it!

Pros

Functionality and features are unmatched. I've looked for products which can do automatic time capture/billing and have never come across a product as feature rich as Timeslips. The support from Sage is also EXCELLENT. I can't help but stress this, whether it's technical support or product usage Sage is topnotch!

Cons

Up until Timeslips 2017 was released it has been a struggle as the software itself was in need of an update. But, with the latest release most if not all of the software issues were taken care of!

Steven from Steven B. Shapiro Attorney-at-Law

TimeSlips

I use it because of inertia and the time cost of switching and risks are great. But I would not recommend it. Their approach seams to be the customer is always wrong.

Pros

Generally, it covers all issues I need for billing efficiently and maintaining comprehensive records.

Cons

The program is buggy. It has always crashed. It is expensive. Moreover, there are occasional balance errors and no way for a user to fix those errors without calling TimeSlips and paying for customer service which is poor. When upgrading, there is a 30 day fee customer service period but it may be difficult to reach someone and the calls seem to be engineered so that there will be continued questions after the the 30 day period. The support period ends after a short period even though most ot the yearly upgrades are incremental.

Brenda from Ms.

Have had this product for 20+ years. No longer.

NONE

Pros

NOTHING. It's gotten harder and harder to use over the year, customer support is incredibly expensive and it seems to go into planned obsolesence every few years so I have to buy the newest version. For example all of a sudden a trust account feature didn't work anymore which others reported as well, and the "fix" was to buy the latest version.

Cons

The software is difficult to use, and the company would not make a MAC version, so after years of the cumbersome running it inside a VM, I decided to change to another program. Bought the "legacy" program so I own it -just in case I ever need the archived information and changed to Timesolv. Now Sage sent an autorenewal and is trying to charge me for a service plan, saying I missed the 7 day period to cancel the autorenew--but I only got the email 3 days ago --a friday, and called monday am. Charged it to my credit card and won't reverse the charge. In my opinion a very bad practice and one I will take to small claims if the credit card won't reverse it.

Alyssa from Kolar & Associates

Easy to Use

Sage Timeslips is a great product and it is so user friendly!!

Pros

The ease of having all clients in one master list and being able to open multiple windows within all at once.

Cons

The only thing that isn't great is that you cannot list two of the same name, so you will have to differentiate who is who so that you can add clients with the same name.

Stefanie from Dellutri Law Group

Outdated - Not the best customer service

Overall, the new firm that I am with does not use this program and I am so happy for that. It CAN and WILL get the job done for you, but there are a ton of other programs out there that can get you more bang for your buck in my opinion.

Pros

Very basic and easy to navigate for the most part. It was easy to teach other employees how to learn the system because it was very cut and dry.

Cons

It is outdated and needs a lot of work. The functions that it has can be updated and improved to make it better. It seemed like certain features you'd have to click 10 steps to get to something that could easily be in a drop-down menu. It just isn't the greatest layout and way to use a program. Also - the customer service is only there for you if you buy a very expensive addition to your software package. So, even if you have a basic question they wont help you, and there are little to no helpful posts online if you try to Google a problem you have because I don't think a ton of people use the program.

Joy from Izbiky & Langer PLLC

Difficult to navigate and learn

Although our firm used it for many years, our attorneys found it difficult to use and hard to navigate. Sometimes errors were completely unable to be corrected. We switched to TimeSolv and it is so much easier to learn and use.

Pros

I like the way you can navigate between time entries, and the ability to use the spellcheck and replace tools makes it easier to make broad changes to multiple entries.

Cons

It is completely unintuitive. We had to have one dedicated person handle all of our billing entries because our attorneys found the program confusing and difficult to learn.

Meredith from Law Practice

Great for Small Firm

Pros

Easy to keep track of time for clients and self

Cons

Sometimes easy to make errors that are copied over to other slips

Ken from Inteserra Consulting Group

Industry: Utilities

It's OK

None at this time as we have begun utilization of a different product.

Pros

I can't really say as I was "born" into it as it was already in use when I joined the company.

Cons

Expensive, inability to incorporate with Enterprise software, imports had to be in ascii, and limited account manipulation; hard to create sub clients under a parent.

When you elimnated everything else, you choose Timeslips

we can invoice our clients

Pros

It enters time. It enters expenses. It supports funds accounting. It makes invoices. It has basic reporting

Cons

The mobile app stinks. The support is not great. The reporting feature is limited so you cannot create 1 report of an entire client's WIP, AR, Invoices, Funds and budget. The interface is slow. The built in backup service chokes file server performance, The interface has not changed in 15 years. There is no hosted option. Don't choose this software.

Great system with great features

Pros

I like that I can organize billing for different types of clients and have the invoicing reflect those different payment arrangements accurately.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is formatting the invoice templates. I had some trouble getting the format exactly how I like it.

Jeffrey D. from BeyondCounsel, LLC

Sage Timeslips: The bane of our law firm's existance

Pros

While called the swiss army knife of billing systems, we found Sage Timeslips to be bloated, buggy and confuszing. The best part of the software for our office is that we don't use it anymore1

Cons

Support was awful. We spent a small fortune maintaining it, and paying consultants to fix it.

Andy from R. A. Millar, PC

Excellent time billing & trust accounting Program

I have been a Timeslips user for 26+ years

Pros

Ease of completing multiple slips for same client. Easy to start a new secretarys on your billing program.

Cons

Too much repetition finalizing and printing the final invoices. It would also be nice to have a default-type time slip.

Nicole from Interactive Management, Inc.

Time Tracking Software

Pros

It was nice to have an electronic way to track time and client work. You can set-up multiple users and multiple clients.

Cons

If you have multiple users it can get expensive as each person accessing is required to have an individual license.

Tom from Zimmerman Law Offices

Beware - you must buy new versions every year or else lose technical support

Pros

No technical support unless you spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your software each year (even if you offer to pay for it).

Cons

If you do not spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your software each year, they will not provide any technical support (even if you offer to pay for it).

Timeslips is not our software of choice

Pros

Timeslips is a commonly used piece of software for law firms that has many features

Cons

Timeslips is not the easiest software to use in this day and age of cloud-friendly and mobile apps

Andy from R. A. Millar,PC

Industry: Law Practice

Timeslips are priced out of the market

I used timeslips for over 20 years. Priced out of my range.

Pros

nothing at this point and have switched to a reasonably priced system.

Cons

Price for value. too spendy. harder to train staff

L from Perry IP

Industry: Law Practice

Needs a consultant to operate

I've used this for years. It's designed so that only trained consultants can set it up for you. Virtually no customer support. Very difficult to get reports from and to use in general.

Pros

It accommodates the many matters an intellectual property lawyer has (unlike other practice areas)

Cons

Difficult to use; complex to operate.

Rick from Rick Dyson Boulder Divorce & Family Law

Industry: Law Practice

This has got to be the most difficult, non-functional and frustrating software on the planet.

Pros

When it works its ok to enter time, etc. There really aren't many other pros.

Cons

You have to update every year to get this to work properly and there is absolutely NO customer support . This program is really bad. Do NOT buy it.

KELLY from GENE GEORGE & ASSOCIATES

Industry: Oil & Energy

Takes too long for employees to enter time.

It was okay to use, but doesn't provide any workflow conveniences. If we are willing to pay extra for this kind of service, we want more functionality. Our workflow should be faster with this service, not slower.

Pros

Easy to understand where to enter time and navigate through each week.

Cons

There's no way to complete multiple tasks (you either have to use a global setting so that each time entry is automatically completed or you have to complete each one - there's not in between option). My boss couldn't invoice through this software - he was generating each invoice manually which is unacceptable.

Kelsey from Hurst Design

Sage Timeslips Review

Easy to use, easy to time track a good tool for a smaller company.

Pros

Very easy to use and track time. Easy for employees to use with minimal training.

Cons

The upgrades were a little hard to keep track of, seems like this happened a lot and there were costs involved.

Tiffany from FR&S PLLC

Legal Billing Option

I used Timeslips for many years before switching to a new program for billing and I do miss some of the safeguards in Timeslips. Our new program does not lock bills once they have been printed as drafts. Timeslips has this option and we miss it! There is nothing more confusing than having a draft bill printed and approved, only to go into the program and find someone has added, deleted, or otherwise made changes to the bill. My biggest complaint with Timeslips is that they do not have very good customer service/support. It always seemed that I would have to locate and "hire" a certified Timeslips consultant to get any direct assistance with issues. This can become costly!