All Sling Reviews

Best Value for your money

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Excellent time management tool

Using Sling, we're able to correspond with our staff more effectively and schedule more efficiently. It keeps payroll costs in budget and keeps employees happy...No complaints!

PROS

In my office, we have a different platform already in place for time tracking, but Sling was recommended to us as a scheduling service. It works great! At no cost, we can allow our employees to request hours, we can assign shifts, and we can communicate schedules to our staff. It's helped us to keep our payroll costs in check at no additional cost. If we had the opportunity to switch to Sling for actual time tracking as well, we'd probably consider it.

CONS

No cons. I like the features, the interface, and the pricing model. If there's any con at all, it's that Sling can give information so freely that it at times becomes redundant.

Beth

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

A Game Changer for Our Smaller Company

Overall experience with Sling has been great. As I said earlier, its deployment has brought our company into a new age with communication, timeclocks, and scheduling.

PROS

I originally went looking for an easy, free scheduling app. I happened to find Sling and immediately loved the way I could customize positions and make schedule templates. I then saw how Sling offered a timeclock, which our company really needed. We relied on Excel sheets for our employees, so using a timeclock app was like bringing us out of the dark ages. We use the Newsfeed all the time to communicate policy and procedure changes as well. It has changed the way we interface with our employees.

CONS

I would really love to see more customization for things like the timeclocks and working hours. For example, we are an umbrella of companies. We have physical properties that are staffed with managers and assistants (Great Atlantic Management), we have a Home Office staff (Great Atlantic Companies), and we have a maintenance staff (Great Atlantic Contracting). We also have some properties that are unmanned, so we have no computers at that location. So, it would be fantastic if we can choose the mobile timeclock for just certain employees (like our Contracting crew and the unmanned helpers). Our Contracting crew also works 10 hour days, so when they request a vacation day, it needs to be a 10hr block, but I can't tell the system to use 10hrs for this position vs 8hrs for that position unless I choose the "partial day" option, which cuts down on the convenience of the app. It would be GREAT if the "Position" option allowed more features, like enable different timeclocks, enable different working times, etc. Most companies have different departments that require different hours, etc., so being able to customize this would be very helpful.

Reason for choosing Sling

Timesheet Mobile was very customizable, so I could choose who was going to use the mobile timeclock vs a kiosk but there was not a real communication hub with them. If they had offered that feature, I probably would have went with them instead.

Stephen

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Excellent with limitations...

As a scheduling software great. no need for the extra features.

PROS

Easy access to distribute schedules and messages.

CONS

Private messaging. Users can private message each other within Sling. If these messages take a negative turn. Sexual Harassment or something else. There is no way no monitor these messages. Unless a screen shot was taken there is no proof, because if the either of the user deletes the message it is gone.

Free

Reasons for switching to Sling

They made a small charge because I had over 10 employees I had 12.

Rebecca

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Using Sling changed my life

Sling has been absolutely, hands down the best software we have ever adopted. I never feel frustrated with it and it helps save me time and irritations. My employees love it too! Best decision ever!

PROS

I love how easy it is to create a schedule and see what employees are not available, it makes completing the schedule painless and quick. I also love that you can complete it as non-published then once you are ready publish it to your employees. The notification feature telling employees when you schedule them and then again reminding them they are schedule is fantastic; my employees love that feature also. Being able to use the integrated time clock is also a great feature. There are just so many feature and customizations that it would be an asset for any type of business at any size.

CONS

I absolutely love this software. The only thing that would be nice to add is the ability for an employee to put their availability in addition to the current feature of unavailability. Because we have many employees who work "as needed" and "very part time" this would save a lot of time on their part on entering information. We could easily see when these "flex" employees would be available to work without them having to put in an excessive amount of unavailable entries as they do now.

Reasons for switching to Sling

I needed something easier to use for employees and for us that kept track of time as well.

Chad

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2021

User Friendly

I believe Sling has reduced the amount of employees missing work or being late for work. Ability to make announcements to all of our employees to ensure our message gets out.

PROS

Being able to copy and paste the schedule weekly saves time when making a schedule. In my department alone I have 87 employees. The unavailability feature is great so that as managers we can ensure we are scheduling people when they are available. This reduces the amount of time we would need to make adjustments to schedules if we scheduled someone when they were not available. The messaging and announcement feature is great so that we can send out a group message to get an announcement out to all associates. Also being able to send private messages to employees is great so we do not have to give our personal phone number out to all employees.

CONS

Not being able to delete private messages. We can archive the messages but cannot delete them. We have to archive each one individually which is time consuming. Also when we want to delete an announcement we have to check two boxes and then hit delete. Would be better if we could just click on the announcement or multiple announcements and hit delete.

Reason for choosing Sling

When we started the process of opening our store knowing that we would have close to 600 employees throughout multiple departments I knew we would need some sort of scheduling software. Our other location which is much smaller in operation was using Excel for each department. I had roughly 200 associates in my department when we first opened. I searched online for a scheduling software and came across Sling. After using the free version I realized this would be perfect for our store. I brought it to our General Manager and he agreed that we should use this software. We have been using it store wide in all departments now for about a year and a half.

Jamie

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Sling is great!!!

Prior to Sling we used a Google spreadsheet for scheduling and a communication app. Sling saved me SO MANY HOURS of building a schedule and has a built in communication app that can be customized to individual groups. We don't need anything else now.

PROS

Easy scheduling for a mid size team. Love the newsreel section to keep the team up to date on company information

CONS

No complaints at all. Love this application

Reason for choosing Sling

Ease of use and it's an all in one app

Reasons for switching to Sling

More employees meant more time to make a schedule plus we had multiple apps. Sling saves me so much time and has everything we need in one app.

Viet

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

One of the Best Softwares for Scheduling!

After doing our research on many types of scheduling software, we have found that Sling best fit our needs through value, functionality, and amazing support. We have found that support has always been available right away and through just a simple chat.

PROS

Simple to use, stable, and extremely functional for all types of shifts. Our company works with schedules that are basically large in volume and has dynamic shifts times. The most useful function for us has been the unavailability settings, which as greatly assisted us with being able to schedule the right people for the right times. Another really useful function has been the ability to message both privately and as a group. The app functionality is extremely good as we are able to do everything on the web version through the app. The reporting functions have also been very handy for us.

CONS

The app version could be a little better in how shifts are viewed (its as a vertical list rather than a horizontal schedule format), however, we understand that there are certain limitations on a mobile screen so this is very forgivable and still really easy to use.

Reason for choosing Sling

We ultimately chose Sling due to how user-friendly it was, how consistent the support was, stability of the web app and mobile app, as well as the amazing value that they offer. It fit our needs perfectly for our project and we are extremely satisfied.

Matt

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Best roster software out there

The best roster software I have used. It just works. It works for Managers and supervisors, it works for staff.

PROS

Easy to implement, staff take up was instant, support was as good as I have experienced.

CONS

Some features need development, but they do not impact the overall experience. Great responses to suggestion for changes to the system.

Reason for choosing Sling

Clean and effective. License fees are not dependent on number of users.

Reasons for switching to Sling

Shyft was deteriorating as a platform. Support was non existent.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Agency Scheduling

It's a cost effective scheduling dashboard, that I can personally recommend despite the occasional bug. It will help you organize staff and operations with a quickness - transitioning to this system was very easy.

PROS

Transparent scheduling features, ease of use of the timeclock to report hours, and ability to modify reports through dates, locations, and employees.

CONS

Customer service usually doesn't have an answer for you - although they are polite - I wish that some of these bugs we encountered were ironed out sooner than later.

Reasons for switching to Sling

Quickbooks Time was clumsy from a navigation standpoint.

Radomir

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Using for Global Operations Centre

Generally excellent tool to organize and coordinate shifts. Daily use, easy to follow and manage, flexibility and many options.

PROS

Free version suitable for small team to try and use + availability - flexibility to update in case of more requirements. App + web and notifications... Generally we have not found better product so far for 24/7 operations team.

CONS

Not really , suits our needs, if you need more reports you have to pay, what is normal and reasonable. Not sure if possible to have few different time zones in one schedule, based on location

Reason for choosing Sling

Free version suitable for small team

Jamie

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Great scheduling system for decentralized team

Our schedule and our employees' availabilities are fluid. Sling! is able to keep up without even breaking a sweat. My employees love the mobile app, which can push reminders about scheduled shifts. I love that my employees show up on time, because Sling! can push reminders about scheduled shifts. I managed to get by before I discovered Sling!, but I honestly can't remember how. I'm able to spend so much more time doing the work now that I don't have to chase my employees down to get them scheduled to work.

PROS

The mobile app is what makes this package great. My employees love the push notifications when new shifts are posted. We have a variable schedule and a student workforce. Our MO is to post available shifts when we need people to work. Sling! lets our students apply for as many or as few shifts as they like. We can then approve individuals to put our team for the day together based on the skills of those who have applied and the needs of the tasks at hand.

CONS

There is no view available that visually groups like time blocks into shifts. Our shifts don't follow a set schedule, but we often need more than one person to work the same time block on a given day. There are now several features to help you save time when scheduling things like this. For example, you can copy shifts to avoid having to enter all of the same details multiple times, and you can select several different positions when creating a shift, but once created, each person shows up as their own event on the schedule. If I've got a half dozen different people working for each of four different time blocks on a single day, the calendar starts to get a little overwhelming with 24 separate events represented. If there was a way to group like time blocks into shifts with multiple employees assigned, this example would be down to 4 separate events, which is much easier to quickly get your head around.

Martha

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

We LOVE using Sling

Overall, we love everything about Sling!

PROS

Sling makes my scheduling task a breeze. I especially like: 1) being able to copy a previously posted schedule into a future period 2) employees being able to post unavailability 3) employees being able to make time off requests 4) employees being able to view who they are working with on a scheduled day 5) the ease in changing a schedule when a sick call comes in or an employee emergency happens

CONS

I really can't think of anything I do not like about Sling.

Reason for choosing Sling

My IT support technician gave me an article listing the top tested app based scheduling softwares after I reviewed many and was having a difficult time making a decision. Sling was his overall recommendation. Our choice was made first because of FEATURES and second because of PRICE. Features have improved since we started using Sling in July 2018.

Nancy

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Sling Review

Scheduling and messaging staff is so much easier now. It is all on one platform that is easy to navigate.

PROS

We have tried several different scheduling softwares. All fell short in one way or another. Sling is easy to use as an administrator and also as an employee. Very intuitive and love having the option to send messages as well.

CONS

The only negative I can find is that when printing the schedule, it is not in a easy format so is not user friendly.

Craig

Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Fantastic

We find sling easy to use, and have implemented it as an integral part of our staff planning

PROS

Sling is critical to the planning of deploying staff in a large scale environment of events. The ease of use for both users and managers alike.

CONS

Nothing. Sling is an all encompassing app / Website that we use on a daily basis

Kris

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Great for Remote Working

Sling has made tracking hours a lot easier and has helped the payroll department immensely. It's organized and fairly user friendly, there's a slight learning curve but it's not bad. It's been nothing but useful!

PROS

Support for this program is good, I've never had any complaints there. You can schedule shifts or just let employees clock in and out as needed. They can pause their shift if a break is being taken. The in app messaging system is decent. As an admin you can leave notes and tags on what each shift is and what that person will be doing/did, they can even been color coded. It's very easy to add an employee and schedule shifts for them. There's a general news feed and a tasks board where you can assign tasks to certain people.

CONS

The only con I can think of right now is employees can't just directly add a note to the shift they've just finished and the navigation takes a little while to get used to. The messaging system doesn't have a global moderator too, so if something is being said that shouldn't be, screenshots from another employee would be the only way to know.

Chuck

E-Learning, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2021

Very good and consistent shift management

The Sling support folks have been great. I feel kind of guilty because I am using the free version, but it does what I need.

PROS

The graphical interface is well-designed and lets folks see the information they need to see. Set up is pretty straightforward. There have never been any interruptions in service that we have noticed.

CONS

I could wish that shifts for a week could be copied into as many future weeks as I choose, rather than having to do them one week at a time. For our team, shifts haven't really changed for years and that would be nice.

Reason for choosing Sling

Sling was simpler and did what I needed. Thanks very much for this excellent product.

Samantha

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Recent Changes

Very good but I need the return of quarterly intervals.

PROS

I liked that I could record time at each quarter interval. This has been updated recently and is no longer useful to me as we calculate our payroll at each quarter interval. Please bring this functionality back.

CONS

Not applicable as I like the functionality that I utilise. Please return the quarterly intervals.

Hope