• Pros

• "It is so easy and intuitive and exactly what i was looking for! Love love love this app"

• "I love Streamtime. It works just as we want it to and keeps us super organised. The site has a great tone of voice and I love the little characters etc. that pop up along the way."

• ""Excellent product, great interface and makes my to do's sing!""

• Cons

• "Like with any new application, it takes a while to learn how to use as it's quite sophisticated. However, the pain of the learning curve was offset by the support we received. "

• "some features and functions are cumbersome and laborious. "

• "A few minor bugs, but the support team are good easy to deal with and take advice"

Browse Streamtime Reviews

Billie from innov8 graphic design

Industry: Graphic Design

Everything I need to manage, track and report on workflow.

I really like them as a company. The ethos, the values and the friendly nature of the team. Professionals that enjoy getting the job done.

Pros

Comes from designers. It's simple and easy to use. Can get to it anywhere with an internet connection. The user experience is just right for the industry and the tasks I have to carry out. The team regularly ask for feedback and they listen to it. They then action and adapt the software progressively and are alway improving it. There is always training available and support which is prompt and efficient.

Cons

Originally I didn't like how large the header font was on the jobs and quotes etc. However it actually made me think more simplistically about naming conventions of jobs anyway. Plus they have listened to feedback and changed that now so you have options. Being with the system from the start and having been a long term user of the old Filemaker based system I know the company are simply trying to get it right so they do listen and tweak all the time.

Stephen from Newwave Design Ltd

It works very well for an agency

They have been great to deal with, I have confidence that even if a feature is not there or something needs improving they will be working towards it.

Pros

It is made for agencies, covering the core functions requires. The To Dos are genius for setting up your taks for the day and clocking time. The cross linking is very good, they understand the workflow of an agency. We are confident that this software will enable us to grow. We have looked for a long time to find the right project management tool, there are many that are well rated, and they may do one thing well. But none cover all the core functions required for a design or marketing agency, and deliver them in such a simple, friendly way.

Cons

It has no client portal, but as it has an API we are looking to build our own to complete the system. There is also a lack of reporting, but again we have used to API to create our own dashboard - to track team time, holidays and efficiencies.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

We used Active Collabe for a few years which had some good bits its but was holding us back. We also have used Monday - which was incredibly basic. There is absolutely no comparison between Monday and Streamtime. BaseCamp is popular with agencies but is basic and nowhere as good as Streamtime. We also reviewed Workamajig, though this the closest to an Agency system, it is very complex to use, and would require someone dedicated to managing it. In my opinion, this feels way behind Streamtime because of usability. If the system isn't simple it won't get used properly and there will be quality and delivery issues.

Rachael from Finger Industries Ltd

Industry: Animation

Great way to manage tasks, time, costs and invoices.

We started 10 years ago using Classic, and now we're using Streamtime online, we're thrilled with how well it works, and how much easier it is to access. Streamtime became a huge part of our company setup, so we depended on it working well. Now it works seamlessly - we haven't come across any software better than it.

Pros

Assigning tasks, monitoring costs, reporting and invoicing. It makes saving your time on daily tasks easy, clear and a good way to reflect if you've been productive.

Cons

The scheduling area - it is currently being developed so hopefully once finished it will mean we don't have to use another platform to schedule out projects.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

The support & the functionality. It was super easy to create projects, assign tasks to our team, report on time/costs and invoice - all on one platform.

Jonny from Neon Jungle

High level tasks that trickle down to employee todos is *brilliant*, better perf though please :)

Cons continued: ... Streamtime. I feel like there must be a middle ground. Perhaps an extension that logs to the To Do? Hell... we'd probably pay for an extension that did that just to get better records from those 2 employees. I can understand sticking to your game plan, but in reality you have a product that goes further than the "lets kill timers" ethos - could be worth backing down on that a bit for the sake of your users. Describe your overall experience with Streamtime - Tracking budget vs time used. Knowing how far under/over at a glace is great (esp via the Priorities board) - Using Priorities to track the overall state of each project (To quote, Quote sent, Ready to start, Design, Dev, Ready to invoice, Invoiced etc). - Letting employees know what they should work on this week.

Pros

Organising employees time with per day to-do lists with hour estimates is *brilliant*. We used to rely on Teamweek - which was excellent for high level project tracking. But now when fleshing out project timelines, it automatically sets up peoples weeks for them. Thats what makes Streamtime killer af. The rest of the features just make *that* feature more and more useful and harder to give up. The integration between all aspects of running our business is *excellent*. Moving away from detailed time keeping via a timer has been great in many ways and for most of the team means they can focus on the work and drag down work as it's done. However, as we're finding the integration with so many more aspects is so good - and some employees can now track time much easier so do a better job - ironically we're starting to care more about time records than ever before because we can actually make business decisions based on them. (More on that below). Priorities was the last missing piece that really made it possible to move off almost all other platforms in favour of this as a central tool. We still use Trello to manage the smaller tasks within a project, we know there are sub tasks but our projects often result in 100s of smaller tasks being made/archived/reassigned so for now we're unable to move to subtasks to do this.

Cons

The performance of the Schedule>To Do view is really problematic but performance on all pages needs work. In particular: - Scrolling sideways often leads to jumps in whole months when I only wanted to see the next/previous week. - When I do scroll to the next week/month it often reloads existing tiles and then takes quite a while (rarely less than 5s - we have 100mb/s down and 40mb/s up so our connection isn't the issue. As someone who spends hours looking at these screen this can be quite irritating. That said it provides a huge amount of benefit so I put up with that slowness - however I know other people in the team don't use it because it's so slow and they don't use the rest of the product enough to realise the slowness is worth it (quoting, schedule>jobs view, reporting, review time logs etc). Lists not being reorderable in priorities is quite a pain. I've resorted to adding 2 temporary lists at the start so that if I ever need to add a new column its a heap less work. I know it's central to your product ethos not to have a timer, and that works really well for most of our staff, but we have 2 people who *want* to use a timer because they personally like to. Not having any timer at all is a bit of a pain and made it **really** ****REALLY**** hard to get them to use the product. We literally ended up looking at alternatives because of this point before I had to make a captains call and so now they use Harvest to track time and then transfer that time into...

Response from Streamtime

Replied March 2019

This is an awesome review Jonny and the good news we are addressing speed and these things, I'll reach out to you personally and see if you can help with our testing.

Taylor from Grooters

Best time tracking platform I have ever used

Streamtime’s time tracking works the same way my brain works. This is how I have always wanted to log my time. I hope I never have to use anything else.

Pros

Streamtime is hands down the best time tracking experience I have ever had.

Cons

Task management features are a little light.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Far better user experience. The other services may have many more features, but more features means more time managing the platform. Streamtime has exact feature set and user experience we were looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

We wanted something that was easier to use that allowed us to better manage what our employees are working on while they worked from home.

Rach from Minta Viski

Streamtime - a must for solos and teams

Pros

The customer success team are a dream to work with and assist with the setup and ongoings of working with the software. They are always touching base with webinars and deliver them in a friendly and approachable way.

Cons

The only functionality that Streamtime doesn't have (yet) is a way to plug into shared cloud based folders for teams to directly access and communicate with the collateral. They do have a roadmap though that is transparent in what updates are coming up next.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Streamtime offer a trial that enabled 99% of functionality which have me a much better idea of how to use the software before I invested. As part of this process, the customer success team were always on the other end of a chat or email, ready to answer my questions.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

I needed a way to integrate with Xero and a more strategic way to deal with workload items and progress (and mental load).

Todd from Future Boy

Whoa! I feel good, nana nana nana na!

The user experience is great. The improvement to my project and workflow management is great. The additional educational resources and webinars are great. The support and follow-up comms from the team are great. The decision to switch... was great.

Pros

Not only is it beautiful and a pleasure to use, it has positively and productively changed the way I approach setting up jobs and tracking my progress from end to end. This would be really powerful for studios to run teams and manage larger amounts of projects. They actively take on board feedback and requests for new features and improvements, and share what they're working on via a public roadmap.

Cons

The only disappointment is that I didn't start using it sooner.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

I previously used Trello and then Asana to manage my projects and workflow. Once I saw Streamtime and gave it a try, there was no other option to consider.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

Streamtime is designed by creatives for creatives, and fits better with the expected workflow and project management of a design/creative business or studio. I was also impressed with everything around the product, from the marketing, support and resources, to the general tone of the brand and its people.

Jay from LAM Design Associates

Industry: Graphic Design

A perfect fit for a creative agency

The Streamtime team has been extremely patient throughout our unusually long sales cycle. They have consistently been experts in the functionality of the app, willing to take the time to develop innovative solutions to our (potentially unrealistic) demands. So far, the app has proven to fill the financial and real-time profitability capabilities we did not have in our previous system, improving the time recording process while maintaining high quality resource allocation/management functionality.

Pros

The innovative design and thought process for managing job workflow is unique in a very crowded category. Developed for the Creative environment, it changes the focus of project management from filling out multiple screens and forms to a more modern, user-friendly, intuitive interface. Evolving the time sheet to a To Do list could be evolutionary in the struggle to accurately capture time.

Cons

Too soon to say as we are starting the implementation process but would be nice to have approval/markup & sign off capability for creative internally & with clients.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Streamtime checked all of the critical boxes, had an innovative approach & design and was competitively priced.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

Reduce duplication of effort, Increase efficiency & accuracy, Improve communications

Jessica from Premm Design

Design Agency & Streamtime

Pros

Intuitive and very easy to get the hang of, everything is in one place and it looks great too.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I dislike about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

It made so much more sense to us in terms of the layout and the design itself. It wasn't plug-ins based and the support on offer from StreamTime made it an easy choice.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

We were using a very old version of onsite hosted studio manager that was built onto filemaker, moving onto an online digital platform for ease of access when WFH along with enabling us to upgrade operating systems that were being held back by the version of filemaker we were using.

Michael from Nuance Branding & Design

Making life easier

Managing projects,. budgets, times, cashflow is so much easier with streamtime. Even my most creative employees find it easy to use.

Pros

I love the software, it's easy, intuitive, colourful (just a nice UX) and all my contractors love it and anyone I show it to loves it. It's easy to scale the business with it, it connects to Xero.... it's brilliant. The phone app is also a huge plus

Cons

No client portal yet. Would love to have an integrated interface for clients.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

ease if use and the interface

Penny from 121 Creative Perth

Makes my To Do's Sing!

Pros

"Excellent product, great interface and makes my to do's sing!"

Cons

Lots of seperate areas for Priorities, scheduling and To Do's

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Highly recommended by industry bodies and it suited our studio through growth

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

We needed a complete system that had a great interface and could produce the reports and at a glance To do's and scheduling.

Anya from Campaign Edge Sprout

Love the one you're with

Streamtime is like big brother tracking time and productivity and I can easily pull billable hours at any time. The tags you can set up and how it manages projects is invaluable for budgeting and tracking. I can basically search a job from 11 years ago and see what I did for that client, what we charged, who worked on in and find the job folder which is archived under the Streamtime number all within 5 minutes.... and we have a cloud archive with over 20,000 jobs in it.

Pros

We have built our business with Streamtime in place for 10 -12 years as our quoting, time management and invoicing platform. Love how it syncs with Xero, love the upgrades, love the support service, love the product. In fact I love the one I'm with so much that although there are lots of products on the market the grass is definitely not greener on the other side. And I love it so much I'm spending time writing this review to share the word.

Cons

Nothing - What's not to love? I will flag that like any system - it's only as good as the information put into the system. We have systems and procedures in place to ensure each step is followed. We even do internal audits to make sure Streamtime is being used correctly.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

It was designed and built by creatives for creatives. If you are in advertising, design, or any creative services I totally recommend this product. I've been in advertising for over 18 years and when we moved from paper job tickets to Streamtime without a doubt I increased my bottom line by 10% and the accountability and attitude of staff to time and expenses changed overnight.

Marcos from MESURA

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A creative all in one project management tool

Streamtime is a very powerful software hidden in a very intuitive and well/nice design platform. It will help organizing your team before starting your projects, and once they have started you will be able to control your projects to ensure they are on track! Once they are completed you will be able to see job cost reports with profit margins by stages in a very synthesized pdf All data provided by Streamtime is key for the success in your business, we have been looking for many, many softwares during some years and finally we found the one that fits perfectly!

Pros

Customer support is great! It Is very difficult that this type of products adjust perfectly to your company, so knowing there is a team of creative people working behind each day with passion to make it better and to hear your feedback knowing that "we" can/should make it better too is simply great. In a world of constant changes like today this is one of the most valuable things we look for when choosing a software. We also love the capacity of re-thinking the traditional way of doing things in project management softwares, the combination of a powerful time tracking (integrated in a to-do list) + resource scheduling + project management + project financial is perfect to track correctly your projects and to power your team!

Cons

We are missing some funcionalities that will come in a while: Gantt charts in the job views with dependencies The need for splitting much more the privileges for our team in terms of granting access In the schedule view, when looking at the project portfolio, we are missing the capacity of having a bigger picture by days or weeks or months The Dashboard view could be much more powerful Many things we have already talked with them and are on their roadmap (is great having the roadmap webpage! and knowing what is in progress)

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Streamtime is an on-going software. You have a group of creative design thinking people working each day to make it better. 2 years ago we cross with Streamtime and didn't choose it, two years later we where surprise to see how many updates and improvements it had. So probably in one year it would be even better.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

Spliting softwares is a big mistake in our opinion. We where using two softwares + an accounting one The one that owns the time tracking is the one who has the data and so the one that you will be using correctly. With Streamtime we are joining two in one

Ed from Ultimate Clarity LTD

The best software I've ever used

Not only is the software fantastic and looks beautiful - the best looking software I've ever used, I really like the tone of voice they use in the software interaction. Their support is excellent, not only is their knowledge base full of excellent support notes and videos, but when you have a question their team are knowledgable and really helpful. And above all friendly and I always get someone I know responding. Can't fault my experience. They offer regular webinars, updates and blogs/papers to ensure we are getting the most from the system. Would recommend Streamtime to anyone running a marketing/creative agency.

Pros

It's a beautiful piece of software that is very easy and intuitive to use. Once you've got the system set-up with your company's details and that of your clients, which in itself is a breeze, creating and planning jobs is easy. Adding time, expenses and materials is done easily then converting to quotes or invoices is completed without duplication of effort. It saves 90% of my time compared to my old system (Word documents) and I present my company so professionally now. I used Streamtime Classic for 11.5 years, which was a great system in itself but have recently changed to Streamtime in the cloud which is fantastic as it's contemporary, always up to date and I can access it from anywhere on top of all the other benefits.

Cons

Absolutely nothing I would change with Streamtime.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

The sales team came up from London to see us in Cheshire (almost 12 years ago now), they were friendly, knowledgable and not pushy. We really liked Streamtime Classic and it offered everything we needed and made us look really professional while being easy to use. When we moved over to the cloud version they made it so easy - they set-up an account for me as the administrator so everything was done for me, they let me keep my Classic subscription for free as reference and gave me all the support I needed.

Response from Streamtime

Replied July 2019

Blown away! Thanks for such a great review Ed!

Paull from Beyond

Streamtime contains everything we need to know about our projects, clients and suppliers.

Helps us to keep track of project progress and manage a job from quote through to invoice.

Pros

We have been using Streamtime for a number of years and the cloud-based platform is a vast improvement on previous iterations. It is very straightforward to log in and check the status on individual projects. You can easily add a new stage to a job, revise a quote, then send it off to the client for approval. One thing I really like about that process is having the client `approve a quote by clicking the button (although many of them don't seem to bother!). Support is good, always get a good response from the development team service is a key differentiator for me.

Cons

Generally speaking the system is quite intuitive, but there are some elements of the interface that are not immediately clear the USED / PLANNED figures in the budget section of a quote, for example. That doesn't make sense to me, I think the total should include also include expenses, that would give us a running total that tell you when you've overspent. I haven't managed to output any useful reports as yet, but that might be because I haven't spent much time looking at that area. On the old Filemaker system I used to output reports that would give you a good indication of job performance. There are some nuances that give rise to frustration now and again. There are instances when you think, it would be really useful if I could add a new contact at this point (rather than come out of the job and return to the Contacts area) does that make sense

Response from Streamtime

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the review Paul, We're looking at how we can improve that data on the job screen to better reflect the used / planned better.

Chris from Villain Designs

August 2016

Streamtime - An emerging benchmark and future king!

From the moment you check out their website, see their innovative approach and understand the direction they're taking their software in, a wave of anticipation will most likely wash over you. Especially if you're looking for a user-friendly project management app with design and user experience at its core and a company behind it who practice true customer-centricity. I say that because not only are they prepared to offer long-term value over short-term gains, I've never met a more hands-on team of people focusing on creating a product that aligns with their vision and also takes into account every last piece of user feedback. There is a genuine excitement about their product internally and that's reflected in their culture and service. Streamtime doesn't compete on volume of features' it falls way short of many out there and for good reason' they don't want to. Streamtime focuses only on the things that make project management simple and nothing else. Starting with the dreaded timesheet' gone are timesheets and timers. Streamtime lets you set up a simple ToDo list of cards (which house your jobs and tasks) and allows you to set and modify the time by simply resizing the card. Drag the card from the ToDo pile to the Done pile and that's it! You're making money. It really couldn't be simpler. Streamtime allows you to do many of the core functions that teams and individuals require without all of the redundant features that most people never use. Quoting, invoicing, integration with the world's best accounting system (Xero) are all well-thought-out additions. Granted, there is still work to be done on the options and functions for invoicing pre-Xero, but all of the must-haves are in the pipeline as we speak. Although the app and it's unique functionality are in its infancy, these guys literally don't stop improving every week. If a simpler, easier way to capture all of those bits of time that fall through the cracks isn't enough, then Streamtime's plans for future data interpretation providing real studio insights on staff and project compatibility is just out of this world. Streamtime is a forward-thinking software company with the balls to chuck the original playbook out of the window and start again from scratch. They had the foresight to work with an award-winning team of design-thinkers who challenge the status quo, and the guts to accept an exciting new direction and build something truly unique for creative agency professionals.

Pros

(1) Simplicity. Easy to pick up and a minimal/clean interface that responds quickly on the mouse and trackpad. Whip those cards into the Done pile as quickly as you can. (2) Quickness from job > job plan > quote // or from job plan > invoice // or a quick task added straight in the ToDo list for all of those 'urgent' jobs clients ask for. The pipeline from creating a job to completion and every interaction in between has been designed with real purpose. (3) Analytics: A rich engine to break down your time, costs, progress etc. Huge amounts in the pipeline too, watch this space. (4) Great for a freelancer, even better for teams. An excellent team schedule feature allows managers to easily manage WIP across a whole team. (5) Plenty more I can't think of off the top of my head. ... Last but not least - Customer service. It's second-to-none across any industry i've worked with or for! Period.

Cons

(1) Still suffers a little bit only at this point in time because it is so new. One or two invoicing features haven't arrived yet but are in the short-term pipeline. You can get around these whilst in Xero for the moment though. Once these bad boys come in... i'll come back here and bump two of the categories up from 4 stars to 5 stars along with the other three categories to give it a perfect score... it's that good... And i've used many good systems over the past decade. It's worth jumping on board now to experience the software as it's certainly made dealing with our WIP much easier.

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2017

Thanks for your support Chris!

Lisette from Local Peoples

Always improving

We've managed to vastly improve our studio booking system with this software. The reporting function is super versatile. Overall, always a great experience using!

Pros

The road map is amazing, and the team always listen to feedback on how to improve the software. Plus the design team love to use it!

Cons

It can be a bit buggy at times which slows things down.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Seemed to do more than the others (invoicing, team management, timesheets, reporting). The others seemed to have more specific specialties and we needed something that did everything.

Slow and desktop based

Carla from Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Makes my working day easier!!

Studio resourcing and availability (or lack of it) is much more visible to us than ever before. Invoicing is very quick, as are estimates and job plans. It works in a way which makes sense and doesn't require hours of training to grasp - love it!.

Pros

We were pretty much able to set this up and get it rolled out throughout the studio on our own - that is because it makes sense and it user-friendly. Having used a very complicated system that required hours of training prior to this, this is a massive breath of fresh air. My day to day work is more organised and scheduling work through the studio is easy and we have great visibility on resourcing for weeks to come.

Cons

The integration with Google Calendar could be a little better but I know the guys are looking into this, they seem to regularly update areas of the site so im confident this will improve.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

It looked easy to use, simple to understand, and the cost is great.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

Because Paprika is awful and very expensive. It feels like it has been put together by someone very techy and it has not been translated into a user-friendly language which makes sense to most people. Its old fashioned and takes forever to do anything. Plus if you don't hit save you lose everything! It doesn't auto-save like ST!!

TEODORA from Heraldist

It takes our team to the next leve

Essentially we switched to Streamtime form a different platform in order to be able to better manage time and team allocation over a multitude of projects. So far it has helped, considering that the previous used platform only allowed us to log and track hours worked. We are still learning to use it to the fullest as different team members have different levels of proficiency & willingness to employ it (we've only been using it for 2 months).

Pros

- ease of use ( essential for team to get on board and use it) - functionality - layout design which allows quick overview of project status

Cons

- occasional bugs, however the software is constantly improving

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

- interaction with Streamtime sales person in pre-sales moment - design

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

We needed more team allocation features and planning

Jordan from Goodness

Awesome

Brilliant. Love it. I just wish I could afford to put every member of the team on it. Customer service is great, content and added extras (webinars, emailers etc) are helpful and interesting and the product itself is always being updated and made better.

Pros

Coming from a larger agency that used a number of different timesheet, forecasting and scheduling applications I was able to shift all my project planning into one app that is really fun to use. It has been instrumental in the way I am learning to cost jobs, write proposals and get on top of my workload on a day to day basis.

Cons

Lack of android app and the mobile site being a bit clunky making it difficult to work with it on the go. It's little buggy here and there when on desktop. Lack of template customisation and saving for invoices, quotes etc.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

I had tried to switch to Streamtime at my last agency with pushback from accounts.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

Too many different pieces and add ons. Streamtime consolidated everything I needed to do into 1 really great and fun app.

Jan from Jan Ontwerpt

I use Streamtime for my small one man design studio to plan, manage and invoice all my projects.

An easy project planning and time registration. This gives me a realy good insight in my way of working.

Pros

Although you can work with complete teams in Streamtime, I use it for my little one man design studio. An I strongly benefit of it. Streamtime is very easy in use, both on desktop as on my mobile/tablet. In combination with the very simple/affective app it's very easy to manage and registrate my daily work. It really helps me to organise my jobs and daily planning. More important even is the fact that Streamtime makes me aware of the hours I spend on jobs and the urge to invoice them. All it takes is the dicipline of making a good start for a project. Which is very easy and intuitive in Streamtime. Once you've set up a project, small or complex, the rest is easy. I can't really say something about working with Streamtime in a team because I work on my own but I'm sure it rocks especially there! The support is very personal and effective.

Sam from Juuce Creative

Best project management and invoicing app for creatives

Exponential learning curve from day 1 with high satisfaction on-coming. Support and help is also fantastic and responsive. As a front-end designer and developer I use the 'to do' section the most and it is definitely one of my favourites. Scheduling the tasks for the day or ahead for the week is a breeze - it's also great to be able to see in a few clicks what your team mates have planned for the week/day.

Pros

I like the ajax interface and the simple UX design feeling Constantly updated with new features Behaves nimble even with loads of data Lot's of drag and drop and nice intuitive features

Cons

Hard to think of anything to be honest. Maybe the time it took to adjust coming from a previous platform with a conventional structure. As things just work differently in Streamtime (in a positive sense) it takes some time to adjust to get the jist for it.

Junie from WindsorCreative

Form and Function

visually pleasing and super easy to use

Pros

As a graphic design studio, the design of the platform is amazing! Makes an otherwise boring 'chore' a very pleasant experience. Also links with Xero, so our Finance Manager is very pleased!

Cons

Some of the features we like come with a premium price, which I wish they include in the basic package.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

User experience and connectivity with Xero

Matt from Annix

Powerful features for budgeting and scheduling, worth the change!

I work in digital and am very conscious of user experience; StreamTime has made a bold move on the user interface and I think it's worth it! I really enjoy using it and haven't had any major issues with it. Without fail we use it every day to schedule developers and report on budgets against project progress.

Pros

Very easy to manage your own and others ToDo lists, great project progress to budget, scheduling task in advance. The StreamTime team are very active with new product improvements, good communication and surveying of users to keep the product updated and in line with our expectations.

Cons

It's my employers choice to use the software and I can see benefits and powerful features for budgeting and scheduling that we couldn't find in other systems. The dislike are minimal once you're over the learning curve; it's a very unique user interface compared to other similar products and some might find that a hurdle.

George from Juuce Interactive

Industry: Graphic Design

Streamtime a great agency tool to get things done quickly

Streamtime is an agency job management toll that anyone that can pick up and start using immediately. We wanted to spend less time 'managing the management system' and simply get on with it. Streamtime has a nice and simple interface which is pleasant to use, and the constant improvements​ are a bonus.

Pros

We like the overall simplicity and no-nonsense approach. Previously we tried many other alternatives including the big names such as workflow max. All of these platforms, while powerful, are incredibly bloated and a real pain to get anything done quickly. Streamtime customer support and attention to improving the platform are second-to-none.

Cons

Nothing really, You could always want some extra features in particular situations - but that is always the case and often leads to Bloatware so we're pretty happy with it as it. Perhaps a really large agency would need more bells and whistles, but we're super happy.

Sam from Ocean Design Group

Ocean Design Review of Streamtime

We have been avid Streamtime classic users for many years. The opportunity arose to try the new version so we jumped at the chance. For a light fast moving group who need organising, but not managing and information but not inputs, Streamtime fits the bill. Inducting people into using it is very easy. We started testing with a small sub set of our business to see if the new version of streamtime would work for not only the sub part but the larger main organisation.

Pros

Simplicity of user setup is fantastic. And even though the support is not really needed, the support team goes out of their way to ensure your questions are answered in relation to your organisation. This is a subtle but important point. The ongoing additions to the original release are not adding clutter as in many iterative software releases, but adding value. The recent release of the analytics console was brilliant.

Cons

It cannot read my mind. I would like the developers to put some energy into a direct interface with my brain.

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2017

Hey Sam, mind reading is on our TO DO list - I actually knew you we're going to say that.

Ryan from Adesso Design Inc.

StreamTime

Great software and best/easy way to track time and expenses that I have came across so far in my career!

Pros

I find streamtime very user friendly and super fast to pick up for any firm. I have recommended it to my girlfirends design firm to use as their current way of tracking time is very inefficient.

Cons

I wish streamtime had a way at the bottom to see the total time of work I put in per day after I have already logged it. It works great when it is unlogged and I can look in the right corner in the to do number but once I log it, there is no way of me knowing unless I add up my time on my own. I like the weekly total breakdown on the write but I wish there was a daily number under each day!

Response from Streamtime

Replied October 2018

Hi Ryan, thanks for your review! Just letting you know that if you pick up and drag that black divider bar on your TO DO screen you will see the total hours tracked per day. Cheers! Aaron

Carla from Brand Society

Beautiful & Easy to Use

Planning & time tracking has been accounted for and made extremely easy for creatives to input. Also allows account service to track where project more effectively.

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing & intuitive to use.

Cons

Nothing really, but if I had to say 1 thing - there could be some more client interfacing functions & features eg. Exportable Project Timelines.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Streamtime is more aesthetically pleasing

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

The old streamtime wasn't being utilized properly and was completely overdeveloped.

Carol from Design Business Council

Five star after sales service

Pros

Streamtime is great. It looks good and it does what it's meant to do. What sets it apart from others is the prompt, valuable and reliable after sales service. Every single time I've had a problem - usually my lack of knowledge - the guys online have been quick to respond and solve the issue. In an industry where time=money, that service is worth millions.

Cons

I don't want the company name on the invoices by default. In my case, it's repetitive. My company name is in the logo above, then printed below. Looks a bit odd.

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2018

Thanks for this Carol! In the current release you'll notice you can now turn your company name OFF on invoices quotes and PO's :)

Kris from Prezi Training & Design

Awesome product, highly recommend it

Easy to use and follow

Pros

Running a design team means that we need to be really good at planning, tracking and reporting on projects. I was looking for something really good at doing this and spent a good few months and lots of free trials on other software. From the start, Streamtime felt like a great fit for our business. A well structured and elegantly simple layout made it easy to get started. As we started to use it we then discovered that there were lots of additional features that made it possible to do all of things that happen when projects change. Its obvious that there has been alot of thinking behind Streamtime that makes it very useable with real world projects. On top of this there is a sense of fun and good humour in the software that helps make it enjoyable when you are using everyday.

Cons

I don't have a long list of things that I like the least about the software. I would like to see more integrations.

Russell from Ape Creative

Bottom line, switching to Streamtime has made us money.

It's made us work more efficiently. It's allowed to plan projects better. It has improved our profitability on jobs.

Pros

It's improved our working practises. Putting all our planning and measuring tools in one easy/fun to use interface has improved our efficiency and accuracy no end. We now quote more accurately and quickly. This then seamlessly turns into the planning of the job. Then that plan becomes a to do list for our designers, replacing our previously inaccurate live timesheet. All and every detail of a job's time and cost can then be analysed and improved for next time. What more could you want. Firing the quote straight up to Xero to invoice would be perfect. Well it does that too.

Cons

Sometime page loads are a little laggy. Schedule page is new and still has a little way to go before it is truly intuitive

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2017

Thanks Russell. Every couple of weeks we add more performance increases and our updated Scheduling is very close to going live so I'm keen to get that in your hands. Cheers!

It's not 100%, but it's very very good, and I am confident recommending it to other agencies.

It streamlines project management, makes recording time easy, and shows at a glance how much time the entire team has contributed towards a project.

Pros

It's very flexible, allowing us to use it in different ways for different clients. The drag and drop task manager is very helpful, and it's easy to record time spent on different projects. The support team is awesome, and they continue to listen to feedback and release updates in a timely manner. Their communication with their users is spot on with how they communicate and how often they communicate.

Cons

It's sometimes difficult to remember how to do the more advanced tasks that aren't part of the daily routine. The "jobs" page tends to take awhile to load when you have a lot of jobs stored in the system, but this has been improved somewhat in the past 6 months.

a worthwhile transition

Now that I'm familiar with the functionality and features it's very easy to jump in and jump out when I need, the user interface did take sometime to get used to; it's not a carbon copy of other systems and works very well for what we need. The support and feedback process is very good, new features and requests for feedback and great and you can see StreamTime progress.

Pros

Scheduling tasks on per day basis is very helpful, but also having the ability to schedule longer task across days/weeks. StreamTime also has a very powerful budget reporting so we're able to check how a project is going to budget and make decisions accordingly.

Cons

The only con is the amount of detail you can add per task and in saying that we now prefer not to keep too much information per task in StreamTime such as developer briefs, screenshots, files etc.

Jeff from Creative Resort

Never lose track of your valuable creative time.

Personal approach and quick response.

Pros

Its the easiest way to log your time as a creative person. Love the way you can drag and drop. Plus edit time as you go. Best way to see where all of those 15 minutes are going during the day that don't get lost by way of charging or understanding how long it really takes to get a project away. By the way I recommended ST to another Agency this week and they were considering ST already.

Cons

I can't really answer this as its very functional and intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Had always used it in my previous agency roles.

Great app, with an excellent team that listen to you needs behind it

It's allowed us to update our very old system into a user-friendly online tool that all of our staff can use.

Pros

Easy of use has to be the foremost, love the planning as it's quick and easy for both management and staff.

Cons

I think the only things that we currently need is: 1. Forecasting within the StreamTime, 2. Billing in different currencies, 3. True Purchase Orders; and 4. It would be great if we could add different qty's into an expense, so one item could have Qty of 100, 200, 300 etc. Also I would love to be able to add lines to a quote, so an expense could have the unit price on one line, delivery on another and setup on another (for example). 5. Also the possibility to duplicate items or expenses as well as being able to delete them. Would make quoting much easier

Warwick from Mihaly Slocombe

Intuitive user interface

Streamtime has helped us manage our goals-oriented project planning really effectively. It's also made project budgets super transparent, which has allowed our team to get involved with the profitability of our business. Reporting for payroll and time management are very helpful too.

Pros

After comparing half a dozen different business management apps, Streamtime stood out as the most intuitive and well-thought out. I love the direct relationship between scheduling and timesheets, a unique element that sets it apart. It has the perfect balance between detail and looseness that makes it easy to record information and extract useful reporting. The reporting filters have recently been vastly improved, making analysis a breeze. Though the new scheduling interface will improve it greatly, it's already a very easy-to-use resource scheduling tool.

Cons

The big drawback is that Streamtime is best suited to time and materials project planning, which as an architecture studio we don't use. I'd love to see better tools for long format fixed fee projects. The interface is just so good though that we've found workarounds to make this work for us for the time being!

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2017

Thanks Warwick for your kinds words. Its great to see so many Architects coming on board. We made some recent changes to help with the fixed fee projects and we are not done yet!

Julie from Studio Hoopla

Highly recommend

I love that Streamtime is always asking what the people want, and innovating and improving their product. Keep up the great work!

Pros

I have worked in design studios for over 20 years, and with many different project management and resourcing systems. Streamtime is by far the most elegant all-in-one solution. The design team love being able to see their day/week; having access to the full scope/quote; and time-tracking is so easy it's always up to date. From a project management perspective, I find planning easy; quoting, invoicing and connection with Xero seamless, and reporting intuitive.

Cons

There are some minor tech things that are a bit glitchy at times.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

It was built by designers for designers.

Owen from United by Design

Easy to implement & use, grows with our business, agile and always being improved

Pros

Streamtime has helped to revolutionise our business. It not only is a tool we use daily but integral to business development. We use it on an ongoing basis to fine tune what we do with respects to processes & procedures. It helps us be agile and can flex with our growth. Support is second to none too!

Cons

In all honesty there is nothing that I could comment about regarding cons. Streamtime has consistently delivered for us as a business and continues to develop to help both management, project managers, designers and the finance team!

Adam from Holland & Barrett International

Time Saviour

I'm a Design Studio Manager working client side. I've a team of 5 designers who work with all areas of the business to produce adverts and comms. We invested in StreamTime after a friend of mine suggested we look into it. In short, it's simply brilliant. Extremely easy to use, my designers and I can manage our time and projects, collaborate seamlessly across jobs and, more recently, run analytics to show which areas of the business impact us most in terms of time and amends. StreamTime is a weapon any creative should have in their arsenal.

Pros

It's extremely easy to set-up jobs and allocate time. It's just as easy to view who is working on what and amend workload based on sickness, holidays or shifts in deadlines. I can easily set-up projects months in advance and book time in for all areas of the business. It's made us far more efficient and productive as a team too. It's pretty faultless.

Cons

It can be a little buggy at times. Slow loading and having to refresh to ensure things have updated. Although, I'm putting that down to our network connection rather than faults anywhere else.

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2017

Thanks Adam, we've been working hard on performance as we have scaled and had such a big influx of users (good and bad!) Things should be sweet now though. Appreciate your kind words.

Laura from GoodChat TV

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Beautiful design, functional features - Streamtime has it all

It streamlined all our planning. It's our one-stop shop for all things projects. We run through it every morning with the team and rely on it as our source of truth.

Pros

We love the To Do list, makes time sheets a breeze. Moving through the different functionalities (project planning, quoting, invoicing, reconciling, timesheet reports) is simple - and beautiful!.

Cons

If you need to work on complex quotes for series of similar projects, ST is not your best bet. Streamtime is a fabulous source of data, but I still rely on spreadsheets for accurate reporting.

Cherise from TypeSpace PL

A thoughtfully designed time saver

The ease of use, functionality and beautiful design of this product ensures there is no reasonable excuse for being disorganised when it comes to workflow. Streamtime makes job and time management a simple task to enable my studio to spend their valuable time in design rather than administration. The weekly view feature allows for realistic targets for jobs to be maintained rather than the 'wishful thinking' format of my working past. The ease of seeing all team members schedules enables job distribution and tracking streamlines the approach to office time management. Streamtime has re-introduced me to a better way of working blocks of time rather than small snippets which are ultimately time wasting. I feel more in control of my time and therefore job schedules. I look forward to a long term relationship with Streamtime and the program developments that will come with time.

Pros

The Streamtime team seem very receptive to comments on improvement or issues I may have had. I am always incredibly impressed by their personal response. This program is so simple to use it thankfully avoids the lengthy customisation time often required of other similar products on the market.

Cons

The lack of timer originally seemed quite a frustrating element. After using this feature for a period of time I feel it has improved my way of working.

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2017

Hey Cherise, I'm so glad your life has changed now you've ditched your stopwatch timer on jobs :) Its the future.. Humans not Robots.

Hannah from Kingdom & Sparrow

Perfect for scheduling work and logging time

It's the best way for us to schedule in projects in our busy team, manage deadlines and have a clear indication of how much time we're spending on everything. It's also super useful for sending quotes to clients.

Pros

It's really simple and perfect for us as a design agency. It's stripped back, visual and efficient.

Cons

It's not the best/simplest for keeping notes on specific projects and understanding what stage things are at at a glance (and being able to share with clients). For example, if we have 5 projects ongoing for one client, we'd like to be able to have the status (in progress, on hold, waiting for feedback etc.) colour coded, with options to add notes and in a format that can be shared with clients.

Simon from RichardsDee

Great tool for helping productivity, planning and integration with Xero. Intuitive and simple.

Pros

Fits with the way a modern agency works and the Streamtime team have really listened and studied an agencies workflow. Streamtime is simple to use and is really helping us manage our costs and time without it getting in the way. The software has been embraced by project managers and designers and is a seamless resource for ensuring everyone knows what they have to get done. Quotes and invoicing are logically structured, well designed and can be emailed directly to clients for approval.

Rusty from Raine & Makin

We've been using Streamtime for the past 6 months, & it is THE best studio management tool out there

Better studio management. More effective use of planned budgets. More efficiency in admin and invoicing. Seamless integration into our own internal studio process. Best of all its a great user experience and looks great too.

Pros

The ability to be able to plan projects, see costs and hours, assign to team members, track hours and invoice makes it perfect for our studio. The combination of being able to schedule teams hours, easily see availability and manage your own time in a seamless and visually engaging way is awesome. When I say engaging, I mean it's beautifully designed for a great experience in a task that's usually boring and painful.

Cons

There is very little to not like about Streamtime. The only small problem is not being able to have non-billable hours that don't have a dollar value assigned to it. But seriously, not enough to make us break a sweat

Fernanda from RM

Quick and Easy

Pros

Cons

No complaints! It works so perfectly and integrates with other apps very easily.

Chris from Draw

Outstanding

Outstanding.

Pros

It's helped me get much more organised and productive as a creative professional. Their understanding of what it takes to be a modern brand and the value they've placed in the design and the smallest details of their product is inspiring. The staff are excellent and do all they can to help you. I've found the people behind it are very passionate about continuing to improve.

Cons

Not much. It's a little bit of a learning curve to get used to but isn't everything? The opportunity to be creative with it would be nice. Invoices that you generate are a little limiting, but is probably a necessary limitation.

Ryan from SucceedGroup

You'll understand why you need it after week 2

Organizing workflow has been something we've tried to fix for quite some time. Now other stakeholders can see what we have on our schedules and plan their deadlines accordingly. Streamtimes like a digital traffic manager.

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage outstanding tasks. We usually have a list of occurring jobs as well as new jobs that come in. Scheduling them and tracking back saved me so many times. It's become out primary workflow tool in our company (replacing an Excel doc).

Cons

I really don't like the fact that there's still no android application. But more serious if there are a huge list of open jobs, you tend to forget to scroll to find the rest.

Simon from WeAre778

If you are a creative agency, you need Streamtime in your life!

Streamtime allows users & teams to be more organised throughout the studio. It appeals to all areas of the business including Management, Admin and Designers which makes it unique and so beneficial to the creative industry.

Pros

Streamtime is so easy to use and most importantly looks amazing! I use the software for implementing all our jobs across the studio schedule which also helps my team plan and manage their own time and job schedule. The regular updates by the Streamtime team also prove to me that they really care about this product and listen to all feedback they gain from the users. The updates just keep making this product better and better and we have seen a massive evolution even within 12 months of using! Thank you Streamtime!

Response from Streamtime

Replied September 2017

Thanks Simon, we're always trying to make it better and love hearing client feedback. Cheers!

Paul from Agency Kilo

Beautiful, simple and easy to use time management.

I started using Streamtime after searching and trialling many other products. After finding this one and watching a few of the vblogs on their website I knew that this was the one for me and that the team behind it had the same idea and thoughts as to what this sort of software should be like to use. Although it is still quite new and some features are still being developed I have confidence in the team and that this will continue to evolve into something even greater. It has actually made me start to enjoy planning and tracking my workload, before it was a task and nothing I had found was flexible enough to keep up with the constantly updating task workload, especially when under pressure and on tight deadlines the normal time where keep track of things and recording time goes out the window. Highly recommend.

Pros

Simple, Clean, Easy to use, Great support

Cons

Nothing really but I guess limited features as it is new and still being developed.

We've started to use streamtime about two years ago and since then have grown with the product ;-)

Pros

style, design, usability - I also appreciate the assistance by the customer support and that streamtime always keeps innovating

Cons

We were in contact with customer support several times and most request were fulfilled. Where we still see difficulties is in changing currencies (we are charging different currencies to different global clients) as well as in adding team members solely for some projects (NOT being able to see all the other projects we are working on).