• Pros

• "I love the flexibility of access to this product. I can even access it on my phone if I need to look up a user story to see what state it is in."

• "It is clear and and easy to use for all levels of experience."

• "Easy to customize Easy to use very accessible "

• Cons

• "Some of the default calculations aren't what we'd prefer. For example: the sum total of points in a feature only includes stories, not bugs. We've worked around that though."

• "easy to create duplicate work, difficult to map dependencies clearly"

• "It can be a little bit complicated to work with it at first, but then you'll get a hang of it "

Browse Targetprocess Reviews

Mark from NPD GROUP INC

Industry: Information Services

Powerful Software for Agile Organizations, Could Improve in Usability on Higher End Functionality

We are using Targetprocess in our daily Agile practice. Our developers and Product Owners are trained in its use, and it is a huge piece of our practice. The software is key to our Agile efforts, and is relatively easy to set-up and use. However, the buyer should be aware that unless you deploy one of the pre-built frameworks, you will be starting with a clean slate, and will have to build your own structures, and this can take a bit of thought and time. I enjoy using the software, and we intend to renew our license for the next year, and will be making efforts to expand the user base. The ability to define different workflows for different teams is very powerful, as is the Request Portal, and other more DevOps type features. Story card aging is another nice feature that we now implement through custom rules.

Pros

Excellent pricing structure, easy to set up, and implementation/training professional services are first rate. The software is powerful and can handle various different approaches to Agile/Agile Scrum, and comes with pre-built solutions for frameworks like SAFe. Our organization was up and running in little time.

Cons

Some of the more powerful features, such as creation of rules could be more straightforwardly implemented. Some features have a "coding" feel to them that could improve in usability, user-friendliness. The software is sensitive to hierarchical structure of Agile entities, and you have to get this right. The ability to move/transform entities into different levels of the hierarchy could be improved, and sometimes can disconnect entities from the hierarchy, forcing the user to reconnect them manually.

Reasons for Choosing Targetprocess

Customizability, Ease of Use, Quality of the Professional Services Organization, Price, Power of Features

Aaron from ARRB Systems

Excellent alternative to JIRA

We used JIRA for several years and it's good, but the lack of proper integrated hierarchy means organising 10,000+ items is just impossible. Even 3rd party plugins dont help much. The UI is slow and unattractive and after 6 months trying to get JIRA Porfolio to work (a cool idea!) I could never get it to and the response from Atlassian was disappointing overall. The UI is much, much better in Target Process and

Pros

* Responsive UI * Adding many stories at once is easy so doesn't interrupt your flow * Incredible customer support responsiveness * Dashboards are 10x better than anything in JIRA * Reports are built in and very well designed, things you have to buy from 3rd parties in JIRA (if you even can)

Cons

* Roadmapping is harder than it looks, some planning features missing means i can't throw away my gantts just yet but it's getting close * Search results have way too much white space, can be hard to find exactly what you're looking for - JIRA was better at this * Difficult to learn the filtering side of things for anything more than basic needs (but their customer support team are amazingly supportive on this, even writing a script for me immediately to address my individual need). Oh, this is meant to be the con section isn't it. ;-) * Workflows aren't quite as customisable as JIRA, such as setting triggers and custom screens

Reasons for Choosing Targetprocess

Price, featureset, ease of use

Absolutely essential agile tools!

TargetProcess has become an essential part of our agile development process. It's very flexible and has also proven itself valuable managing work in other areas of the business (Biz Dev, Marketing, etc...).

Pros

Their visual flexible boards allow our team to easily see views of our development progress in whatever way we need. This is one of the few products that gets prioritized backlog views right. TargetProcess has become a critical piece of our software development lifecycle.

Cons

It would be nice to see entry-level pricing for small companies. For Start-ups, every little bit helps!

Reasons for Choosing Targetprocess

Easy of use and better online reporting.

My experience with Targetprocess

We are using Targetprocess mostly for Product Backlog management. It helps us to visualize backlogs of different teams inside of one product and create a "big picture". Service organisations are using Kanban practices and it perfectly solves prioritization and backlog management issues.

Pros

- Flexibility of the tool, customization options - Ability to create any kind of process workflow - Out of the box Kanban metrics - Representation of data on views and boards in any kind of form, for different stakeholders - Visual cards and thier options - Ability to automate process steps with web hooks and metrics

Cons

- Timeline is not useful - Interdependencies management is poor - Reporting engine, options are limited - Customisation of entity view is not possible - Access management options is limited - Lack of capacity/resource management functionality - Lack of Portfolio management (cost management, portfolio roadmaps, strategic dashboard, what if analysis)

Rosalinda from Unilever

Program for working with modern techniques

Pros

We use Targetprocess to work with projects at the company using the Scrum methodology. The platform helps to create transparent conditions for each employee. There are common charts and diagrams for everyone to simplify the data.

Cons

Project status notifications are emailed. I would like them to be displayed immediately on the screen (as push notifications). Checking mail every few hours is inconvenient.

Bruno from Codus

Awesome product for the right cases

TP helped us a lot to manage a complex project that had many teams working in parallel in a large product roadmap. My conclusion was that to be worth the investment the teams should take advantage of all the features and metrics that it can generate. Depending on client's project management in some cases it was not possible to use correctly sprints and generate metrics. In those cases we ended migrating to other tool (such as Trello).

Pros

Tons of good features Very flexible and powerful

Cons

Expensive for companies in Brazil As we are a consulting company, there wasn't a good (and cheap) way to add clients to the projects with the ability to add comments to cards without purchasing a license. In some cases there were more than 10 people involved in the project that would have very small interactions. It would not make sense to purchase licenses for everyone.

Reasons for Choosing Targetprocess

After watching some videos it seemed we liked a lot the flexibility to create our custom processes. Being able to have cards automatically moving across teams depending on their status was very nice.

Marco from Spindox S.p.A.

A strong Agile and multiproject companion tool

We have introduced Targetprocess during 2017 year since we have started to really implement an Agile approach to our development process. We are also active JIRA users and from the beginning we discovered a much more clean approach with TP, and a much more powerful reporting tools.

Pros

We have found it very clean and simple in the day by day usage, it has powerful reporting functions that helps to keep track of your progression and global performance between multiple projects

Cons

We are missing some functionalities, like the skills matrix tool in order to have a clear view of allocated peoples vs. skills required on a project basis. Some aspect of the UI can be improved and much polished to be more clean, but we know that its a matter of time.

Target Process is one of the strongest project management tools available

If we were going to start a business today or if I had 1-2 months for setup and on boarding, I would strongly consider Target Process to run the project management just because of the large number of options for structuring the workflow and reporting metrics. I would compare it most to Jira classic projects, but more user friendly.

Pros

At first glance, you can do anything you want with Target Process. It is geared to set up workflows and views the way you want them to perfectly fit your business structure. The more time our team spent in Target Process, the more we realized how it is extremely customizable. Of all of the Project Management tools I have viewed (which is a lot) I have never seen one that would allow you to created as many variations of a project view and related reports as Target Process.

Cons

With all of the customization possible, it is very daunting to get it set up and running. The only reason we did not stick with it long-term is because we had a hard deadline to change project management software, and could not onboard everyone fast enough. Other than that, the only things "missing" are things like bulk edit or moving tasks to a different project. Very minor things.

Kelly from Dollar tree

Target process

I like that is easy to use and that you do not need to be a genius to use it

Pros

That it helps run the business better and faster and they update the software better then the other software programs

Cons

I think it makes the other software programs look bad because they are not as good as the targetprocess

Reasons for Choosing Targetprocess

Because the other ones are harder to use and do not work well

Lee from XOi technologies

Highly customizable to the way your team works

Pros

Being able to create custom boards with custom groups and lanes is an awesome feature. Once you understand the filtering of cards, the tool is very powerful.

Cons

The interface is a little dated, I think. Having a more modern UI could make it feel easier to use.

Dejan from Wayseven Technologies

As regular TP user for more than 5 years I recommend this tool to every team with agile mindset

We are having multiple teams that are cross-functional and have multiple projects. Also we practice some of the agile methodologies in our work and TP is great tool to support our business needs. Also TP is great tool and has great blog so we give to all our new employees as onboarding procedure to learn from TP blog and to get familiar to TP.

Pros

TP supports all agile methodologies. TP supports very big flexibility over it configuration and setup. It is complex, very very complex, but still has intuitive UI. I like TP's DSL used in search and filters. TP is very very rarely under maintenance but even there it is usable. As admin on TP I have big flexibility with user management. Licensing is flexible and it is easy to add or remove some team members. I like TP's blog. Also I life option "follow" on items in TP.

Cons

Price, I have to say for company like our (from Bosnia) this price range is very unpopular. Some dashboards, graphs, reports are very hard to understand and setup. We could have use of some integrations that other products support (Bitbucket, some solutions for software documentation, Gdrive, Slack,...). Sometimes descriptions on items are flickering (like they are being updated with some delay). Pasting image to description is awesome thing, but sometimes can be slow and can irritate.

Reasons for Choosing Targetprocess

I used it in my previous company when we accidentally run into TP. Ever since then we use it (now I can say in both of my companies). I can say that over time I just started to find more and more positive sides. Most important about TP is that it is very intuitive and very user friendly once you use it for some time. I think it really supports everyday work of agile-oriented teams.

Mark from MNA Digital

Industry: Newspapers

TargetProcess powers our business and project team

My team have used TargetProcess for around 6 years. Those years have seen a lot of change for my team and for TargetProcess, although I think the core of what attracted me to TargetProcess is still the same, namely the separation of data from presentation. It's a simple and common concept to developers of many types, but it's very rare to see in tools, even complex project management tools. Most have 'our way' or more likely 'the way' and allow for minor tweaks to that approach, but rarely let you build limitless ways to view the data. Over the years with TargetProcess my team and our processes have changed considerably, but thanks to the flexibility of TP we've been able to iterate the various presentations of our work data without needing to move to another tool (User Stories, Bugs, Features and Epics, across boards, reports and dashboards). The support at TP is second only to the inherent flexibility of the product, but it's also a big part of what's kept us with TP all this time. On the rare (5-10 times a year) occasions I need to ask a question, I pop onto live chat, upload a screenshot or video and get an answer, typically within minutes, typically a full solution that allows me to carry on with what I'm doing straight away. In the rare cases it isn't possible, support create a suggestion ticket for me or upvote an existing one if it's there and I've seen several of them appear in the product. My 4s and 3s in the ratings are only because I deem 5 to be almost perfect and there's almost always room for improvement. I gave Support a 5 as there honestly isn't much more that could be improved there. I regularly evangelise TargetProcess to other companies and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Pros

Flexibility (abstraction of data from presentation).

Cons

Nothing major.

John from Esri

Visual Software Management that really works

We were a MS Project Pro shop for several years in our internal IT support organization . . . and were leveraging various features of MS Project Pro in phases. While there were "good things" about the product, it just turned out to be "too cumbersome" and "time-consuming" to get data in . . . in order to get anything out in a timely fashion. When the decision was made to find something else, we would end up selecting "Targetprocess" - a true visual software management application. There were several key things that got us excited from the start: ease-of-use, quick implementation, ability to import content from external apps, conceptual simplicity, ability to customize various types of views to support our Agile teams (Kanban and Scrum), ability to tweak workflows for various entity types (e.g. Projects, Epics, Features, User Stories, etc.) In many ways, Targetprocess reminds me of my toy box when my brother and I were growing up. We would reach in and be surprised by the toy we would bring out to play with . . . and like our toy box, Targetprocess will surprise you in what you'll find when reaching in . . . to locate / leverage various features and functionalities that constantly surprises you. Besides the extensive flexibility of Targetprocess, the company has developed a decent set of user guides and training videos. I would recommend viewing the training videos, first, in order to get a first-hand look-and-feel of the capabilities of the product. And realize, you are just scratching the surface, when viewing them. The videos only begin to "hint at" what you can do with this visual software management tool. Give it a test drive today . . . as Targetprocess offers a free access license to see for yourself!

Pros

Besides the flexibility and robustness of the features and functionalities found in the product, Targetprocess has a great support group found when using their "Live Chat". Their Live Chat personnel who respond to our inquiries and issues are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. And the same can be said for their Targetprocess Support team. Many times when we have discovered an issue or had a technical question, their Support team have provide abridged videos and write-ups that demonstrate the how-to's for resolving or leveraging the functionality of the tool.

Cons

What is Targetprocess' strengths is also its' weakness -- its' extensive flexibility / functionality . . . which is overcome over time by using the tool. Sometimes, you are not certain which approach to use when creating a board / view / list, or wanting to use a report, or creating a dashboard, or exporting the content out as a CSV file for Excel manipulation. But as we have worked with the tool, our various departments have developed SME's (aka Subject Matter Experts) to work with their end-users of the product. This has helped significantly for us, and we have monthly TP user community session to discuss-and-share how various groups are using the tool, and providing each other with tips-n-tricks.

July 2016

Martin from Autocom

July 2016

Yes, I do want to visualize everything!

When I started using TargetProcess I didn't pay much attention to its slogan: "Visualize everything". But that is really its strength. Let's say you have 500 items (bugs, user stories, whatever) represented as cards and want to review them. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to spread them out graphically using two axes of your choice. Let's say you want Severity as rows and Priority as columns. What if you could also zoom out to see the big picture of where most of the items are concentrated. Or what if you want to spread them out over Project as rows and Estimated Effort as columns? What if you could also drag/drop items in this view to actually set estimated effort by dragging an item to the wanted column? What if you could introduce a third dimension by color code the cards? Perhaps you want to let all cards that are already assigned to a release have a green color and let all cards that are already assigned to an iteration have a yellow color? Or let all items that are already assigned to a sprint OR release but have no estimated effort yet be colored red? All of this (and much more) is easily accomplished in TargetProcess and this is why I like it. These features in TargetProcess are in my opinion unbeatable and I have evaluated many, many tools before I finally found this piece of gold.

Pros

+ Its focus on visualization. + The integrated testing module. + The feature voting system where you can wish fro completely new features or upvote others ideas. (I've had one feature released that I upvoted.)

Cons

- It can look a little complicated/frightening at first with so many views setup by default. - The pricing model. It is almost linear with the number of users, although half of the users at most just use it move a couple of cards on a board per week.

Sigurjón from Tern Systems

June 2016

Targetprocess is more than just a project management tool

Our organization creates safety critical systems and software and has to comply to EC regulations and guidelines with rigid objectives for software safety assurance. Targetprocess help's us with planning and following work through as an visual aid. Our customers are directed to the help desk provided and use of the email integration which aids to the need to record and trace all requests down to a detail task. The ability to tailor Targetprocess to our software development process to meet rigid software assurance level objectives is an advantage and helps with streamlining the daily work. Our organization is ISO 9001 certified and we use Targetprocess to accommodate necessary functions as Suggestions and Improvements, Internal Audits, Review and Audit Checklists, Purchase Orders, Billing process, and HR process which makes Targetprocess more than just a project management tool. The plugins and integration possibilities are of huge advantage and we have used many. Currently we are integrating time-registration to our accounting system to eliminate double registration and our engineers can't wait for that improvement. When needing answers to possibilities or other support the online chat with Targetprocess support is excellent and also that you can file a suggestion and democratic vote will help your suggestion to be realized.

Pros

Meets any basic need for project management and planing Handles customer relationship Provides customisation to some extend Excellent support channels The solution is constantly under improvement Cost affective

Cons

Takes time to understand the concept of the views and entities but when you have been opened you are flying

Ewa from AI-Traders

Visibility and customization

We have one team with scarce number of developers but we have a lot of projects and tickets. Our main problem was filtering and prioritizing the tickets so that we don't have to go through the list of not important tickets too often. TargetProcess enables that and also provides the views to see all the tickets of many projects on one board and also enables filtering out or inactivating a project. Secondly, Kanban boards are of great importance for us. Thanks to them we can easily change a property of a ticket or relocate a user story between features. That is an irreplaceable help when you have a lot of tickets. Thirdly, we know it too well that tickets times estimates are prone to mistakes and thus team sprints time boundaries change. In TargetProcess it is very easy to edit a team sprint start and end time, no need to tediously go through all the tickets of a team sprint.

Pros

The best things in TargetProcess are visibility and customization. TargetProcess provides many examples of tickets views for planning, being up to date with daily tasks or for retrospective purposes. There are different levels to look at tickets: you can easily prioritize all the tickets on a backlog and you can plan each ticket separately. We needed customization, because our workflow is always a work in progress. TargetProcess enables customization of both: views and tickets. Besides that, the UI is very intuitive. Tickets can be written with Markdown.

Cons

At first I missed retrospection views, but then reports were introduced and now you can e.g. make a chart of how many tickets were closed each month. The only thing that bothers me now is the time needed to first open the TargetProcess in a new tab in a web browser. Apart from that, I see nothing to dislike.

Greg from Appius International Ltd

June 2016

The quest for the holy grail....

Our web agency has been in existence for almost 20 years - and over that period we have attempted to manage projects effectively for a variety of stakeholders using a huge variety of tools and approaches. Our biggest challenge has always been to find a tool that can manage a very small piece of client work up right up to a 250K complex project - and keep team members, heads of competency, management and directors informed and empowered to make critical decisions where needed - hence the reference to the holy grail! As our agency grew over the years and our numbers increased, the diversity of projects and services also increased, and hence we found ourselves out growing our previous project management solutions, or found the administration of these far too time consuming - until we found Target Process. We were attracted to the agile principles of this solution (as we were looking to move our own processes towards agile where appropriate) and also the flexibility that was afforded by adoption of this solution. We have been using TPOD for over 6 years - and have been incredibly impressed by the constant evolution and enhancements provided month on month, plus their enthusiastic and professional engagement with their customers. The customer/technical support is first class - and we constantly recommend this solution to our clients for their own project management requirements. I am sure that Target Process will continue to evolve and improve - and look forward to many more years involved with this solution - which is at the very heart of our business.

Cons

The current version of the helpdesk is weak compared to the rest of the solution - and would be a very valuable addition for both our operation and our clients who we deliver projects and BAU activity for.

Bill from bpha

with Target Process for the long haul

Several of the team are remote workers, so it's great that it's cloud-hosted and accessible from anywhere. We've been able to customise it to add the fields we need, and - following a hint from customer support - we also use it to manage our retrospectives. It's also straightforward to interface from PowerShell, and we've used the API to integrate with our on-prem TFS system. The TFS side has brought challenges - but that's a topic for my TFS review! Once I encountered Target Process, it has been my Agile tool of choice, ahead of JIRA. In my first company, it was a little mysterious, and that was because we hadn't actually been properly SCRUM trained. Worse, we were trying to extract non-Agile information from it. That's not the tool's fault - but to get the best from Target Process, you do need to understand SCRUM (or Kanban, which it also supports). Once I got my SCRUM Master certification, the light bulb went on for Target Process too, and I realised the power it had.

Pros

The boards are just so intuitive - using a board to estimate user stories, for example, by dragging stories of similar complexity to the same story-point column. Being able to quickly throw together a board to view stories or tasks, on a grid with whatever-you-want as the two axes makes it really easy to understand how your work is partitioned.

Cons

The licensing model makes it hard to share info with non-users. You can generate (and export) lots of reports, but I'd really like to see a read-only licence that lets occasional visitors look around.

Joseph from Black Box Network Services

Robust, Fully Functional Agile Project Management System

Target Process has helped our many development teams organize our projects while employing an agile work methodology. The ability to great programs and teams works well for our cross functional organization and the ability to create and limit different views to different groups of users allows us to keep the system simple and straight forward for the users. The functionality of the cards is great and the ability to switch from card views to waterfall type views helps for all of our different users. We would like to see the amount of object nesting to be increased (more layers within a project to nest objects) and the restrictions on certain objects lifted. The system could benefit from running faster whether that's cleaning up our views or improving the software. It would be great to employ rules that could hard code relationships to react certain ways so tracking dependencies if easier. Overall, great software and the support is great!

Pros

The versatility of making it work for cross functional groups. Also, the agile methodology mixed with the traditional project management views works well.

Cons

There are bugs in the view making. I try to say only show these projects for certain views and it never seems to stay. I would like a more robust project management view. Have unlimited or more ability for object nesting. Also the ability to do better simpler custom field calculations. And determine how you want dependencies to work.

Zvonimir from Hattrick Sports Group

TargetProcess - the good, the bad and the ugly

History: We've been using target for some 3 years now. Lets start off with some bad and the ugly: One of the main issues we've encountered using TP is the inability to report "incidents" - core entity that should be available and recognized in a tool like this because it would allow clearer solving and tracking of issues and potential defects. Secondly, the software itself is very complicated to learn so it can't be used efficiently right on the get go. Thirdly, it is very unclear what this software is actually trying to be. It seems to appease all the crowds, IT, QA, Management, Business etc. and in all that it's become a jack of all trades but a master in none. The good: It's quite modular, and you can modify it to your demands, up to a degree. Customer support seems alright and you can see people are working on issues and are trying to expand the software as much as possible in the time given. Thanks to the high customization features, software is able to adapt to your business and your way of working instead of you adapting to it, which is great. Finishing thoughts: All in all, when you start to give in too much to please everyone, you start to lose focus and start running into problems. Businesses start adapting the tool to themselves, and after a while, they adapt it wrongly, in some unnatural way that it's not supposed to be used at all. And that is a big issue that we've found. This is a great software, but it either lacks additional features or it needs a firmer approach to using it.

Fayaz from Atmos International

October 2015

The best agile project management tool for software development.

This is a great product with amazing features, great support from the TargetProcess team and we use it daily and intensively. It is our main tool for managing a really complex software and release / iteration schedules. Multiple products - some off the shelf, some are bespoke. TargetProcess copes perfectly with all of this. It is just as ideal for small projects as it is for large projects, utilizing tasks bugs, stories, features and epics. We even use TP for time sheet management for pretty much the entire company.

Pros

For me personally the best thing about TargetProcess is the people behind it. The support is second to none, they respond promptly via email, but usually I use the live chat which is just perfect. Using live chat we have often used the screen sharing facilities and the support person has taken control of our server virtual machine, which I'm more than happy for them to do, I trust them 100%. We've never had a show stopping issue from their system by the way, its very robust and smooth to run, even on a vm. I also really like the user interface, it looks professional and is easy to use. As a developer myself, I understand how hard it is create something like that, so I am really impressed. They also have great commenting / following system in place which allows people to be notified of updates on stories that are specific to them. It's generally a great, stable platform which runs very efficiently on minimal hardware.

Cons

Generally the only thing I have disliked is the learning curve switching from the TP2 interface to TP3. If you are a new user of course, you wont have this issue as you will just be using TP3 interface. The TP3 interface is very good, very flexible and looks awesome, it's just very different from the TP2 interface that I was used to.

Gabriel from CentrixOne

Very useful for IT project management

We used to receive our customer requests throught TP, then either answer them directly or create bugs, user stories, tasks, etc. accordingly. This worked well when we only had a few customers, but when we strated to really grow, it became unmanageable. We then transfered our customer support to Freshdesk and decided to keep TP for the dev team and that's just been a bliss. We now have all the bugs, new features developement, etc. entered in TP, they they are separated into release plans so I can see how and when a bug will be fixed and let the customer know.

Pros

How powerful it is. I'd say it's not the most visually appealing and user friendly software out there, but the amount of things you can do is just incredible. It's also incredibly customizable.

Cons

It's not necessarily the best for custom support. I know there is a feature that lets you get requests from clients and follow up on those requests, but it's really lacking any depth in my opinion. This is really a great software for software developpers, but I wouldn't say it's ideal for the support team.

Reasons for Choosing Targetprocess

I wasn't at the company when they started using it, but I believe it was the first product they used. We will definitely keep using it for a long time.

David from ICS

Great customizability at the expense of complexity

Overall support has been responsive, and we have been using it for several years. However this past year we had 20 users on a separate product line switch to another product. Therefore we are about half the users on this system right now than we had before.

Pros

This product seemed to fit our use case the best, where we have 1 team responsible for multiple products that all have independent release cycles. It handles that with release planning well. Also liked the Idea portal, though it was a bit tricky to setup. Having a better way to get users into the system and more granularity on the roles for the ideas portal would have made it much easier.

Cons

There are times where I just cannot get the data i need for a report. I work with support and they get me close, but then nothing. For example, there is no easy way for TP to forecast your sprint velocity based on the average velocity of the last X sprints. I've hacked it with some custom fields, but it still requires manual entry at each sprint launch. There are other issues, such as giving a velocity over time graph when your sprint durations may change (like a holiday week or something).

Tony from Core10

Overall good experience. Primary use is create high level Feature/Story view for client and internal project manager. Also, use the task board to go through stand up each day with teams.

Pros

1. Features & Stories list view 2. Consistency a. Done is always visible in Grey b. Green + button to add stories, tasks etc 3. Customization of boards and views 4. Reports 5. Clean UI 6. Information found in the burn down chart details 7. Timesheet view for our teams

Cons

1. Sometime performance is slow 2. Wish I could add points, tasks, hours to Bugs. Workaround - we make everything a user story and put the word "BUG:" at the beginning of the story/task and set it up to automatically turn red. 3. Sometimes can get lost trying to create a report/board etc and it does not feel intuitive

Boards, views, clean UI.

Joel from Loop54

November 2015

Better than all the rest

Targetprocess re-invents the workflow board, sort of like combining Trello and full-featured issue trackers and project management systems. The way it lets you create different view to slice the data and drag&drop between grids to change properites of the cards is amazing. We can customize the app to fit our workflow in a way that is not possible with most other tools. This is much better than having to customize your workflow to fit the app.

Pros

+ Easy to use + Incredible customization available + Rich, feature-packed filtering query language

Cons

What I dislike the most is that the experience isn't consistent - some data types can be created, renamed and tweaked extensively, while some others are set in stone and baked into the system. I would rather have that it was very scaled down, and that you could create your own data types for cards, instead of having a few baked-in types (Epic, Feature, UserStory, Request, Bug etc). And the cards are tied to metadata such as Release, Project, User, Role, Effort etc - these cannot be modified and you cannot use them as you will. - Cannot rename card types or create more, delete unused types etc - You have to choose between points or hours as Effort metric - but they don't work the same! Some features are not available when you choose points instead of hours. I'd rather it was only a label choosing "p" instead of "h". - Multiple stuff like the above - some stuff is build-in and cant be changed and it can be very confusing. - API is a mess. Everything can be modified in every request, instead of having separate requests for midifying different objects. For instance: you add a comment to a bug, you have to include the user (as an object, not just an id) that authored the comment. However, if you accidentally input the wrong name for the user (but the correct ID), it will actually *change the name* of that user. WTF? - Query language is very useful, but has some subtle bugs and inconsistencies.

Target Process works great for non software projects

Pros

The extreme degree of customization that is supported by this product is excellent. I have created dozens of process queues and pipelines for customized business processes that have nothing to do with software engineering. The ability to replace the software-development terminology with other more pertinent monikers is excellent. Sales pipeline? Check. Quote tracker? Check. Business process tracker? Check. Service tracker? Check. Construction project pipeline? Check. Ordering pipeling? Check. The web-hosted version of Target Process is outstanding for a small company that wants sophisticated collaboration software without a dedicated IT staff.

Cons

Ability to generate local back-ups is not intuitive.

March 2016

Imad from Khatib & Alami CEC

March 2016

Loaded with Features, Fast, Smooth, and get the job done

Project Manager, previously worked in Quality Assurance, and Process improvement. I used using TP in two different companies, the first one as a user, and in the second,I deployed it, configured it and provided the need training. Software development, consultancy projects. Perfect tool to use The product is very easy to use, no training needed. Team members can just get things done without TP getting in the way. I am using TP since 2007, and I have carried it over with me to two companies, suggested it to my colleagues, and I continuously use it. They have the most friendly and responsive, and knowledgeable team.

Pros

amazing support, responsive and almost immediate problem solving. Live Chat sessions with their support are always fruitful, most of the times, 3 minutes into the session, the questions Is answered. TP team provide support for technical issues, and help you get things done with TP (in cases where you are not able to figure things out on your own) The product is very easy to use, no training needed. Team members can just get things done without TP getting in the way. The new features and development cycle is great, and they kept the software fast, reliable with no noticeable bugs. I am using TP since 2007, and I have carried it over with me to two companies, suggested it to my colleagues, and I continuously use it. They have the most friendly and responsive, and knowledgeable team.

Cons

I cannot keep up with the new features. (maybe this is a positive). it doesn't work well with IE 11. I am working on Microsoft Edge now, and I doesn't work as good as expected. They have great performance on Chrome and Firefox. need more support for Microsoft products.

Greg from Technology Project Partners LLC

Useability has improved significantly and the SAAS solution works well.

Used heavily for all projects across the organization, not just IT.

Pros

Works very well for the actual creation and collaboration work around users stories in an agile project environment. The cloud/SAAS prodcut

Cons

Tracking and reporting at a project level is still very weak. The ability to easily roll things up to a project level is still very difficult and the internal reporting abilities is still lacking. Even the most basic information has to be extracted to Excel or another reporting tool. Would help to have some basic end-user reporting functionality.

Cost.

Grega from Actual

June 2016

State of the art information handling.

Started using it more than six years ago. The product made a good impression on staff and on management. Some alternative products it had to compete with, didn't beat it's usefulness value. Not Maximo, Bugzilla and neither Redmine so far. We have dozens of change requests, unfortunately also bugs active. But which we manage to evaluate CR's quickly, have request and solution specification evolvement and communication in context simply and well ordered and kept together - at hand. It is very important that information is very quickly accessable. No unnecessary clicks. We plan in a glance and have order in statuses. Our organisation changed inbetween last years and TP customizable workflow always adjusted to it w/o any programming needed.

Pros

State of the art information handling. Fast. Designed around Intuitivity, Speeed, Flexibility and Order. Eye catching design. Cutomizable where needed. Easy reports. Superb onlie chat and tuting support, free.

Cons

Cosmetical improvements needed on: Can copy-paste photos (Very important), but can't paste entire texts with more photos (yet). Can easily customize my screen, but can't add own fields on primary view.

Tony from DocVue Canada

June 2016

Great Product, used it at my past three companies.

I've used Target Process at my last two companies, so when my current company was looking for a solution to upgrade to I didn't hesitate to recommend, and spearhead the initiative to bring it in place. Target process is awesome, but like every software product has it's bumps in the road from time to time; where I think Target Process really steps up is the customer support... when bad things happen they are right there ready and always more then eager to help.

Pros

It's easy to use; the customer support is second to none; it gives me the ability to run the project the way I want to run the project, not the way that someone else defines; it gives us total flexibility to track bugs separately from stories and tasks.

Cons

From time to time the interface seems to just get confused, and requires me to close the windows and start fresh. This happens significantly less then it used to though, so it's down to once every few weeks.

Pete from New World Now

The gift and the curse, a Target Process Story

In all the application works well and has lots of value for it's role in our day to day operations. My company uses the system as the corner stone application for our agile project development system of management and for the most part it works quit well. The system is flexible enough not to lock you into a pre-determined work-flow box but structured just enough to help save you from yourself at times. There are many opportunities for improvements such as duplicating user stories, tasks, and test cases as new items, the filtering is found to be quite difficult especially for non-development folks such as myself, and the ability to share boards with outside teams or clients could be a tad more useful. In all a solid product that fits with just about any team size that is dependable and constantly improving.

Pros

Ease of use and constant improvements.

Cons

For me, there seems to be some obvious functionality that is not included such as duplicating user stories, tasks, test cases and such.

Dan from PorchLight

Best Scrum tool we've come across

The beauty of TargetProcess is in its flexibility. When we started using TP we tweaked it all kinds to track our workflow the way we wanted. Over time our process has moved a bit more true to "pure" scrum and many of those customizations have gone away. We still have tweaks here and there to track extra info or to track things just how we like, but in general the tool is right on the money.

Sam from Ember Entertainment

Really Robust

I'm a product manager for live mobile games, I really like the features and functionality of target process. One of the things I've consistently run across is that Target Process has too many features exposed to every day users. I need more customization for card layouts (after double clicking) because people get bogged down in details that don't matter to them. From a manager perspective target process really embodies that a team gets out what it puts into it.

Pros

Good customization. Easy to visualize workflows. Simple drag and drop functionality for attachments. Makes it easy to see a lot of information quickly.

Cons

Can't turn off all the features I don't want to use. The text editor on cards is straight up sub par. Response times for cards isn't as quick as some competitors, I think it is fast enough but my team does not (and ultimately this software is as much about helping my team as it is about helping me)

Rajan from Magic Fuel Games

Industry: Computer Games

TargetProcess

Pros

TargetProcess is a cloud-based project management tool that is being continuously improved with new features. It can be configured to use a number of different workflows and has very customizable ways to view your project's work so different roles can find the views that work best for them.

Cons

The biggest complaint that I've heard voiced about TargetProcess is that it's cutomizability can make it easy to lose entities. For example, if you're working on an Agile project and have an epic, feature, story, task breakdown with releases and sprints, you can set up a view that shows all items related to a feature and in a release but when you add a new item the new item will only inherit some of the properties of that view and in some circumstances will disappear immediately. TargetProcess have added a list of recent changes though which makes finding that entity easy but it is a pain as you have to set up views to find lost entities to keep the project tidy.

Very customizable - need to learn how to use it.

I'm overall happy with TP, but I constantly need to convince people why its good or better than the alternatives. I think it doesn't always help you create a smooth process as a team, since you can do everything.

Pros

Highly customizable - you can set up everything as you want it. There's almost nothing you can't do.

Cons

It takes a while to get to learn all the capabilities of TP. I'm the company's expert and each new person who needs to learn it still takes time to learn it.

Price, customizability, UI, capability

Matteo from Pilixo Italy srl

Very good product, but needs some little addition and tuning to pass to next level

Generally speaking i love target process and the way you do things guys. i would have to be honest the only thing really piss me off is the arrows in the boards in order to scroll if there are too many columns and row. i already said this many time to the tech support and also offered my experience in the canvas rendering but in 3 years you have not yet took that in consideration. overall the product is pretty good and amazing. My personal opinion is that the way of estimation and the timeline component are the most weak ones and i would suggest to explore them a bit more. in a project is of course fundamental to speed up the daily work and there you can just adjust little bugs, but the real crucial point of the development is to don't make wrong estimations and being able to respect those. i think that here the tool should help more. As i said i think this would take the product to the next level but if someone asks me if i would ever come back to some other products or jira ..... NO WAY!

Pros

Fast, high customization and easy to create custom boards.

Cons

- query language is often difficult - arrow on scrolling the board - burn down

Martin from IT Mobile & Web

Great piece of software

We tested a number of different project management systems (Trello, Basecamp, Jira software among others) before finally finding Target Process. Target Process had all of the features and the flexability we missed in the others. Its really simple to use for i.e. the developers who needs to focus on other things, and the PM can go as deep into the details as wanted. The only pms that has not had any complaints from any role (other systems have been great for ie the project manager and not the developer and vice versa). We have been using it for almost a year and we have never looked back. Really recommend it.

Pros

Simple to use, logical, easy to get a quick overview or to drill down in to the details. Its really flexibel - lots of pre-defined templates to start from (Scrum, Kanban, Test etc) but you can set it up exactly how you what to suit your needs. Also great support if you need help.

Cons

Miss a connection to dropbox and the UI could be better (one pm had an issue using it because it didn't look cool - true story). Also in "in-system communication" system is not as good as i.e. Trello, especially with the app. (But we use a web-hook to connect it to Slack which is really cool :-) )

Juan from Hunter Industries.

The road to success without complications.

Tanks to target process, I accomplish all my projects in time within my work team. is is easy to customize filters to have different views on the projects and the reports are super easy to understand, the lay out of the interface give me a better way to easily find the state on the flow of our projects, having the option of adding files is another plus, because some times when a person on the team needs help to finish a task on a user story having this files available kind of put you on track on this persons work and you can easily start helping with out interfering on his end. different options to change the state on a user story facilitates the work invest and make the software more easy to learn it. one of the features that I like the most is having the filters to easily change the view of a project where you can see who is working on what and the progress of the user story or just simply concentrate what you doing by leaving it on My work only. over all target process is easy to understand, helps giving you the option to create reports with out taking to much time or effort.

Pros

The filters to see the progress of the different projects

Cons

Hard for me to repeat what I have already written on my stand up meetings.

Larry from Q-Net Security

A Lot of Features with a Few Shortcomings

Pros

Target Process offers a lot of functionality to make it very useful for most organizations, large and small. I particularly like that it combines all normal ALM functions with basic PM functionality to track progress. I also like that it isn't just focused on software and Agile, but allows you to adapt it to your needs. We use it for both hardware and software with equal effectiveness. Customer support is excellent and they will even perform supported customization for you.

Cons

Learning to use the views isn't intuitive and lacks the ease of use of an advanced search to find the items you're looking for. The test functionality is a bit of an after thought and doesn't allow some needed features, like reuse of test steps and test parameters. We use this to manage all requirements and there is no easy way to get those into a nice printable format. I know they are working on more item customization, but I'm use to TFS and having complete control over the fields, layout, and rules.

August 2016

Adrian from ABP Ireland

August 2016

Fantastic product with simple flexibility

I was looking for a product to manage our software testing practises when I joined my current employer in 2013. I quickly identified TP3 as being suitable for our small team of 4 developers and 1 tester (myself). The product has been very stable, which is a key requirement. There are fantastic integrations available with other systems that are used in our dev environment. The product features an extensive array of options for customising the system to suit the environment it will be deployed in and this is very easy to use. There have been significant advances to the software QA side of the system since we started using it. The beauty of this product is that software QA is only a part of the functionality offered by the system.

Pros

Stability, Flexibility, Feature updates, New functionality, regular releases of updated

Cons

There is no need for this section...

Guillaume from Carestream

A highly customizable Project Management software

As a Product Owner, I use Targetprocess every single day, from the very beginning of a project when I prepare the roadmap to the last release of the software. And everyone in the team uses it as well, allowing me to know in real-time which user story has been started or which bug has been fixed.

Pros

The way views can be created and customized is really awesome and the visual encoding feature is great to highlight cards based on their properties. I use tag-based colors a lot! I also love how easily I can notify a specific user while writing a comment. A few weeks ago, I started using Targetprocess API to automatically build the changelog and the release note of our software and I was impressed to get it to work so quickly.

Cons

Setting up notifications based on card transitions is not so easy. I would also like to restrict card transitions based on user roles.

Tim from Britannic Technologies Ltd

Just a great tool.

We have been using TargetProcess for many years and have grown with it. The latest version (3) is a flexible and dynamic interface that allows you to shape the tool around your processes, whilst making it easy to track progress and raise standards.

Pros

The web UI, filtering and searching capabilities. The product allows us to manage a development team whose time is split across projects. I especially like the introduction of Team Iterations, rather than Project Iterations so it is possible to manage set periods of time into which a team can report across multiple projects.

Cons

Some actions are more difficult to do in bulk than in their previous web interface (v2). I hope it will be introduced soon. It would be good to have tighter integration with other common tools (GitHub, Travis etc..)

Sherry from Trunk Platform

Everything I need, almost

Used TP for about 3 years. It's object design underneath make all sense from an engineer's perspective. Love all the capabilities to customize my workflow and boards, color code it with extentions etc. Support is really great! It wins JIRA and TRELLO in my opinion.

Pros

- online support - design concept (all objects and concepts underneath make sense and super flexible) - performance - upgrade frequently

Cons

- no integration with github (ticket number is hard to use) - no integration with Confluence - no integrated ticket/support desk

Alexander from KONE

Money well spent

Maybe this sounds familiar to some people... As a member of an IT organization we are offering cutting edge solutions to our company users, but our own tools are, lets say not so 'edgy'. As the leader of a solution team, I was looking for a tool which can serve as a commonly used data repository and will replace the almighty Excel sheets. With Targetprocess we handle now demand management, release planning, progress reporting and time backreporting for several software products. The system is easy to use and you do not need to be a very technical person to create your own views. My stakeholders like Target Process, because they can see real time what is going on and I like it, because I do not have to provide so many progress reports as I needed to. Another very good feature of Targetprocess is its flexibility. It enabled us to implement our whole process (5 involved teams, defined handover points) within the limits of standard customization which we could do ourselves. We are still very satisfied with our decision and I would make the same decision again.

Pros

Easy to customize Easy to use very accessible

Phil from Appius International Ltd

Unbelievable flexibility - couldn't function without it

Having been with TargetProcess for a number of years we've witnessed the evolution of the product, and its development over that time and its roadmap looking forwards have really made it stand out for us among a packed field. The process-agnostic ethos and openness of its various APIs make it incredibly flexible and extensible, allowing it to comfortably adapt to any Agilesque organisation. The interface is intuitive, the availability and performance of the cloud option are generally faultless. Close down your spreadsheets, uninstall MS Project and deactivate Jira - TargetProcess is where it's at.

Pros

Flexibility, extensibility, ease of use, support.

Cons

Learning curve can be steep for new users, given the flexibility of its views.

Russell from Direct Scale

The basis of our entire infrastructure

It's a blank canvas at first, with a few processes and workflows ready to go. It took a dude at our company really considering our own process and customizing the workflow to fit that, and we were off and rolling. Swimlanes with the ability to drag items in and out, up and down. Tasks on stories with their own swimlanes. Communication and notification options that are easy to contol. TP is the hub of everything. You want it done? Create a request. That's the way we do business and work, thanks to TargetProcess. Bear in mind, it doesn't just happen automatically--you need an organizationally-minded individual or two to get the vision, learn the platform, and make it happen, but we've made this the hub of every operation at our company.

Pros

Extreme flexibility, with a solution for every workflow in a software development environment

Cons

Tough to set up initially, without a sharp couple of folks to own it, learn it, and get it going in the org.

Zoltán from Nebu

Industry: Market Research

October 2015

Great software for agile companies

Have been using TargetProcess for years by now, started with its old UI and shifted early to the TP3 UI easily. In TargetProcess we meet a flexible software package, that we could adjust in data visualisation, in workflow, in stored data completely to our needs, without custom hacks. The tool serves an agile software development team works with scrum, one works with scrum-ban, and a system administrator team works with kanban. A very stable software with decent functionality.

Pros

Excellent concept: how you can work with the different entities like user stories, bugs, requests etc is awesome! Very easy to create all kind of overviews, that you need from different purposes, while those are based on the same data in the background. Adjustable workflows, with custom fields, mashups cover the needs easily, if you are creative enough, you find multiple solutions for the same challenge. Rarely needed support from the TP team (this is a pro in itself), when needed, chat support worked very well, and sometimes when I thought, well my question might be stretching the limits of the software, I got great answer.

Cons

You need to invest some time in the beginning to understand the entities and concepts, from that point on, it is rather easy - but, from the other way around making some tries by yourself can be done easily, especially if you create a playground project for yourself - this has to be done once, to learn.

John from Prenovo

It hits the Goldilocks zone

A great fit for a small business running Agile Scrum. Setting up new users is a snap and there's almost no need to train, so we don't waste time getting people up to speed. It just fades into the background of our day-to-day work tempo.

Pros

Easy to use - 2D drag-and-drop for cards in Iteration Plan mode is intuitive and straightforward. Quick to create new cards, assign them to features & releases & sprints, etc. Plenty of ability to customize for smaller organizations, no need to slog through lots of mandatory fields, steps, etc.

Cons

UI is sometimes touchy, especially on a small screen. Dragging a card to a new state, paging forward & back through iterations. I wish you could define defaults for things like the Project field when creating a new card - right now it defaults to alphabetical order.

Joseph from DirectScale

November 2015

Smart UX, fantastic customizability.

Our process has changed a lot over the past 3 years as a startup. Targetprocess has handled literally everything we've thrown at it. I hear other talking about how they wanted to do a unique process in one part of their workflow, but couldn't because of the limitations of their system. That is not the world I live in. Targetprocess is built for customizability. Asana is great for task collaboration, but it falls short on visualization, particularly with Kanban and Scrum boards. Targetprocess is built for this very purpose. If you're looking for a project/portfolio management software, particularly if you run Kanban or any flavor of Agile, you owe it to yourself to spend some time in this product. Not long ago, we looked around again at other options for cheaper. Nothing solved the problems with the same flexibility, customizability and UX as Targetprocess.

Pros

We have 4 cross-functional teams working with 4 separate processes. That has been a cinch to handle with Targetprocess. Everything from complex reporting and data insights to very custom workflows and notifications have been possible with their tools. You can even add your own mashups to extend the functionality.

Cons

We used Asana previously and task creation was almost as fast as typing a list of to-dos. Targetprocess is a bit slower than that for creating multiple tasks/stories, since they reside as cards instead of just list items. With so much customizability/flexibility, it can take some time to understand what the software can *really* do.

Vesa from VW

Excellent and modular software for your Agile practises

Own views for each developer to cater their personal needs is a huge bohus. Also ability to track status of each project in your portfolio in one view helps me personally.

Pros

You can customize almost everything as you wish, it's very modular.

Cons

Sometimes existing data is hard to export for other use.