TeamGantt

TeamGantt Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Versatile, inexpensive, good visualization of workload inside the project. Resource management of employees is a plus."
  • icon"It's easy to use, and has a clean design, perfect for generating useful Gantt diagrams of projects."
  • icon"Since it lives in the cloud, sharing and collaborating is straight-forward and superior to the bulky, constricted predecessor, Microsoft Project."
  • icon"The most painful thing for me as a user as well as an admin is the dependencies."
  • icon"One wrong click or drag can change every single task below it. They do have an undo feature, but it's going to show all 50 (for example) of the events as changes."
  • icon"The biggest drawback is that the day of the week row doesn't float as you scroll down the page. This is quite frustrating."

All TeamGantt Reviews

Sam

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

Feature rich with beautiful UX and good price point

Sam

Industry: Research

Feature rich with beautiful UX and good price point

I have chosen this for my team of twenty, across six organisations. Onboarding was easy and it has become a regular tool in our project meetings. It has made PM smoother, with everyone clearer on their roles, responsibilities, and time frames

Pros

The layout is clean and clear. It is beautiful to look at, easy on the eye and you can personalise colours, zoom levels, timeframes etc. It is fast and responsive. It shows a simple snapshot, yet is rich in features once you get under the surface.

Cons

I wish I could use 100% of the screen real estate. There are a couple of menu bars that take up 10% of the screen. I would like to use the full window.

Reasons for choosing TeamGantt

Others were too expensive or the layout was too cluttered and busy.

Reasons for switching to TeamGantt

Trello was just a simple Kanban. Excel was a static Gantt. We switched to bring these together in a cloud-based interface.

Valerie

Industry: Information Services

Life Changing Product

Overall, TeamGantt has filled a huge gap that I was dealing with in project planning. I plan to continue using it for many years to come. I'm a huge fan of the ease of use and percent complete tracking. I've been able to use the percent complete to help estimate remaining work / budget for projects to keep stakeholders informed.

Pros

TeamGantt gives me the ability to create a gantt chart for my projects in minutes (as opposed to hours). I can easily create new tasks and plot timelines by clicking and dragging. If you're currently using a product like Teamwork or BaseCamp, the milestone calendar is great for a day to day view - but for complex projects, I was having a very hard time seeing the big picture in any detail. TeamGantt gives me the ability to quickly create these high level views that can be used to easily shift timelines and deliverables - receive approval on the changes, before making major milestone calendar shifts.

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of the hours allocation portion of the software. It would be a nice feature to have, but it's overly cumbersome. I can add hours for an individual and see how many hours they're slotted for per day - but I can't see a person by person ganttchart of their overlapping responsibilities or how many hours per day they're allotted per project. (This would be a combination of Floats software & TeamGantt, which is how we use the software now.)

Reasons for choosing TeamGantt

Neither of the products mentioned have an easy to use Gantt Chart. In Teamwork, hours & timeline must be assigned on each task individually to create a Gantt chart. It makes it extremely cumbersome to make timeline shifts.

Matthew

TeamGantt offers simple gantt charting but lacks product polish

This tool makes sharing my gantt charts with clients a breeze.

Pros

TeamGantt offers a clean view of the gantt chart and visually is nice to see who is working on what tasks in line with the bar. But really what lead me to purchasing this software, is its sharing capabilities. TeamGantt allows me to share my charts with other users without the need for a login. This combined with the ability to embed it in webpages has been critical for radiating timelines to clients. A common feature in these types of products I generally don't like is the "sync to calendar" feature. However, you can tell TeamGantt spent some time on this feature, and it works surprisingly well.

Cons

Where TeamGantt fall short is in their overall product polish. The user experience and underlaying design is flat out annoying. Something as simple as undoing a date change can take minutes to figure out and may not even be possible if the site didn't record it in its history. Resizing the charts is a pain and you can't even resize the tasks column. The way projects are listed in the left panel is also very difficult to read and navigate. These things can all be summarized in just the UX design. The feature set is robust and I don't think its lacking anything their customers really are asking for, at this point it just needs to be giving some TLC.

Lola

September 2022

The Easiest Gantt Chart

Pros

It really does what it says on the tin! Quick + easy to create and move tasks around. The interface is intuitive. If like me, you're mostly after a good Gantt chart, then Team Gantt is the fuss free, hit-the-ground-running choice.

Cons

Would be nice to have more visual features, e.g. more colour options for the tasks.

Reasons for switching to TeamGantt

TeamGantt is much easier to use than other Gantt chart softwares I've used.

Alex

Really great option

I really liked it, and if I'm ever looking for a project management system again, I'll heavily consider it. A really good app for a reasonable price.

Pros

My brain processes projects like a Gantt chart, so that was a huge reason for using this. It really helps to visually map multiple projects over longer periods of time, and easily demonstrates capacity for the individual and org. We switched to a new product as the team evolved, but TeamGantt added some nice new features that perhaps would have swayed us back (kanban was a nice addition). I really liked how visual this tool was, but it was also easy to switch to different views. Felt like a growing company that was only going to get better.

Cons

Support wasn't ideal, but wasn't bad either. They're reasonably speedy responding to chat. We never utilized any on-boarding services they offered, probably should have. Our team changed and grew and ultimately moved on to another service, but this was still a really great tool. I'm only writing this since we ran into so many other lemons looking for a different system, and came really close to coming right back. One thing (which might have improved); it would have been nicer for more customized timeline exports. Often our projects were so large that the exports weren't effective to print (which clients preferred). Maybe there was a third step we should have implemented too (you can also export to excel)

Workzone

Reasons for choosing TeamGantt

We actually moved to Workzone, which is also a really good system. Wanted to send a shoutout to both of these companies, Workzone and Teamgantt, they're both really great options! In a sea of systems that often promise more than they can deliver, these two are very functional, useful tools at a reasonable price!

Reasons for switching to TeamGantt

Asana has a major issue with logins; they're tied to an email but are particular about domain. We're a small team in a larger school and larger university, but we would have to contract for the whole University, or else create a second email system for Asana (ex. gmail for all Asana needs). Asana really seemed interested in the bigger companies, which might work for them, but makes them pretty useless for companies like ours, comprised of many smaller teams.

Amy

Great Project Management System for Teams Tracking Many Projects

As a small consulting business, we've been able to streamline all our project tasks, allocations of staff time, and overall project timelines using this system so that we can see it all in a glance. We're easily able to decide who has free time for emerging projects, plan ahead for busy weeks, adjust schedules, and keep all our communications organized within the software platform. With all our work being virtual, this is extremely helpful for our staff, as well as our clients, to stay on track and share progress. Although it's more than we'd hoped to pay, it's been beneficial because it has all the features we need and we are all excited to actually USE it.

Pros

My team is relatively small, so we work on multiple projects at any given time. It has been difficult to find a project management system within our budget that allows for users to see timelines and task lists for multiple projects together on either a gantt chart or task list. This allows for both! And it also allows us to assign multiple people to any task, which is beneficial for a nimble company like ours. The software allows for all other things that comparable gantt-focused PM software offers (dependencies, document uploads, etc.) but those two features made us decide to switch to TeamGantt. In addition to the features, we really like the layout and easy user navigation. It took no time at all for us to learn. So far, we have been extremely happy with the software.

Cons

The cost of the software is a bit high, but it is comparable with things like Monday or Smartsheet. We were using Avaza before, which had many of the features of TeamGantt, but was less user friendly and visually appealing. For three times the cost of Avaza, we get what we want with project management, but we don't get time-tracking (an additional cost) or accounting basics (invoicing, etc.) That is the only downside, that we'll have to use additional software for those things. Many other orgs might already be using Quickbooks or some other accounting software, so that might not be a big deal. The other challenge was importing our project management data from another system to TeamGantt. It didn't recognize all the same categories so we had to input some stuff manually. Finally, their mobile app is basically useless. There's no gantt chart and you can't update anything. It's basically a way to check your to-do list when you're not at your computer.

Reasons for choosing TeamGantt

User friendly, great layout, ability to view multiple projects on one gantt chart.

Reasons for switching to TeamGantt

We started looking for new software because it was clunky to assign due dates with Avaza, we couldn't assign more than one user to a task, and we couldn't view multiple projects on one gantt chart.

February 2022

Really great tool for charts

Pros

It's easy to drag& drop, link tasks to people Also not everyone needs too have a paid account too use the software, just the one who manage the tasks.

Cons

No alerting when something is past due

Reasons for switching to TeamGantt

For the gantt view, and TeamGantt started to have a task view also so we quit Trello.

Rachel

Industry: Printing

September 2022

Love TeamGantt!

My entire team is remote and we all function from TeamGantt to keep projects on track. It's easy to use and very helpful. Don't know how we'd get along without it.

Pros

I love that I can easily manage multiple projects and multiple people with ease. I also love that I can create templates of recurring projects which makes it super easy to handle month-to-month projects.

Cons

At times, it can be a little glitchy with tasks being grayed out or milestones not appearing. A simple refresh does the trick, though.

Expense and the Gantt chart

Jaroth

May 2022

TeamGantt a great tool to manage a project

The graphic interface, the differents elements in the screen let me see that this software have a great work.

Pros

I really like the interface, it's nice to see it and i like the colours, the buttons and whole of it, i really like that the interface let you work great and easy to understand, I like the differents tools and functions that this software provide us.

Cons

I really don't like that the work can be stressful or annoying because sometimes some functions and tools doesn't works good, and it makes that the user become annoyed.

Brock

June 2022

Great Project Management Tool

Overall this is a great tool TeamGantt transformed the way our team works and has made us SIGNIFICANTLY more efficient. Problems get spotted and solved quicker and work moves much more smoothly than before.

Pros

We have a small team of about 10 on staff marketers and 10 remote freelancers. TeamGantt make it easy at a glance, to see where all projects are and see where we may have issues to address.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve with this software, and that has limited widespread adoption by other departments within our company, and I believe we may not be using the software to its full potential due to not knowing how all the features work.

Nathan

TeamGannt - My Recommended Project Management Tool

If you are familiar with the Gannt system this will be easy for you to pick up and start with, setup can be quicker and there are advanced features if you want to get more complex with your projects. TeamGannt is comparable to MS project but is fairly cheaper to access than MS Project. I would say its not for everyone as it has a somewhat steep learning curve and may be better suited to those who have used Gannt charts extensively.

Pros

TeamGannt helps you plan projects using the Gannt system. It is great at organization of tasks and sub tasks and is ideal for project managers who have studied or used the Gannt system. Great use of Gannt Chart techniques - A lot of techniques for building stellar Gannt charts have been integrated well into TeamGannt. For example if you wanted to extend a deadline for a specific task all you would need to do is drag the task across the timeline to move the duration. Task progress is also shown as percentages so you can see how much work has been done on a specific task. Cloud based, real time sync - All tasks and information is saved in the cloud, so you can access it wherever you have internet. This also means any changes are automatically shared across platforms and users. Share Function works even if you do not have an account - TeamGannt has a share feature that allows anyone with the link to see a project or charts without the need to log in. - The UI - The overall user interface is simplified with tutorials and overview videos available to help you set up your first project. You can also customize to your hearts content with multiple options and integrations that you can add and use.

Cons

Moving from other project management apps may be challenging. For example if you export a project and want to import it into TeamGannt using Excel or CSV files directly into a live project, there is clear option to do this right now. The only way is a workaround hack which is really unnecessary in my opinion. If you want to get the most out of this software, you have to pay full price. The free tier may allow for several users but it is very limited in its breadth. So in a sense the price can be a letdown if you just wanted to test and see how the software functions. Maybe not a gripe if you have a lot of memory, but since TeamGannt is cloud based, you may find it challenging to use if you are building a complex project. Since it is browser based, it can be a bit laggy. Maybe having a dedicated app would be more useful but in our case, we found that all you needed to do was to refresh the browser.

Greg

Industry: Wholesale

Flexible with integration ability

We are using this to assign tasks and to publicly show progress on projects. Key users have accounts and they can't update their progress and regular users are able to use Trello to update things for free. Everyone is able to see status changes and updates for the export to URL option.

Pros

I've been using TG for over a year on all of our projects. It's extremely flexible with how you can setup and track progress for all types of projects. I love the ability to share a public URL that has read only options for users to see real time progress. It also integrates well with Trello. Instead of buying more licenses for TG you can have users move cards in Trello that will update the status in real time within TG.

Cons

The most painful thing for me as a user as well as an admin is the dependencies. One wrong click or drag can change every single task below it. They do have an undo feature, but it's going to show all 50 (for example) of the events as changes. In my opinion it should show the 1 change and all of the 50 causes under it. This was and is my only major complaint.

Reasons for choosing TeamGantt

In my testing it worked the best while being able to integrate with Trello. It was also more cost effective for the amount of users we have.

ClickUp

Julianna

Made for basic resourcing and gantt views

TeamGantt was great while we had it! We ended up moving to something else with better reporting for our growing team, but TeamGantt's combination of project management/assignment and resource tracking was great while we were a smaller team.

Pros

TeamGantt is perfect for the team who wants to d basic resourcing of teams or freelancers and track projects primarily through a Gantt view. The system is designed for those purposes and all though it has a few other features if you're looking for anything beyond that it might not be for you. There are options like a project template,

Cons

TeamGantt is clunky visually and technically. It's simple in its function and has some bugs like things not saving, not being able to select multiples and things like that, but for most things, it works fine.

Reasons for choosing TeamGantt

We went with TeamGantt due to the price!

Muhammad

TeamGantt's online Gantt chart solution to managing the progress of projects

I found the software to be quite useful. It definitely served my purposes and, aside from the minor user interface challenges, i had a positive overall experience with it and would definitely recommend its use to other project managers.

Pros

I used Team Gantt to create a Gantt chart in order to manage an 18 month project and the following are aspects that i liked the most: -It is an online software which saves your schedule to the cloud which makes it conveniently accessible from any location/device with internet connectivity. -It is a simple to use and quick system: users only need to populate the tasks and sub-tasks of their project, including each task's period and deadline, and the software generates the Gantt chart in real time. With the task information already determined, it took me less than 30 minutes to complete the Gantt chart for my entire project. -Changes to the duration or deadlines for each task can be changed by simply dragging and extending the timeline bar for each task. -The color of the timeline bars of each task can be individually changed which can be used, for example, to differentiate critical tasks from standard tasks etc. -The progress of each task can be updated, which is shown as a % completed and visually shown as a darker colored timeline bar on the Gantt chart diagram -All updates to the Gantt chart are shared with all members in real time. -The Gantt charts can also be exported and downloaded in PDF format which is convenient for inclusion in reports.

Cons

The first project is free (which includes 3 users and 5 resources) but it has limited capabilities so you would really need to pay the subscription in order to fully utilize this software. The user interface could still use some tweaking: although the building of the Gantt chart is straight forward enough, looking for specifics options under the drop down menus can become daunting as the option menus are not grouped or laid out in a standard/user friendly format.

Ross

Simple Yet Powerful

We used TeamGannt to manage our 18-month web development project, and it served all of our needs very well. I would recommend this to any team that's looking to try out gannt-style management, as it's approachable and easy to learn, but will also support all of tasks and complex dependancies.

Pros

At first, TeamGannt seems like a simplistic Gannt system because it's very easy to pick up and start using right away. Once you start setting up your projects, you find that it has highly advanced features and can scale heavily to meet larger requirement sets. Since it lives in the cloud, sharing and collaborating is straight-forward and superior to the bulky, constricted predecessor, Microsoft Project. Simple features like dependancies are handled elegantly, and advanced features like saving off benchmarks (prior states of the chart) for future comparisons are handled just as elegantly.

Cons

There are small issues with usability, which feel largely rooted in the fact that the system runs in a web browser. When adding tasks, you can hit some keys that cause indentions or next-lines when you don't intend to. Sometimes the views will lag slightly behind your changes, and you will need to refresh or jog that view to the right or left to see the changes show up accurately.

Alan

An excellent project management tool

Pros

Helps in organizing activities, by the groupings of respective tasks and subtasks. You can also find the dates of commencement and completion of each individual task. The application is very user-friendly, and you will be able to see an overview of various activities and their progress. With the application, we can break down every single activity along with assigning a deadline and hence you can create a good forecast about the time frames required for project completion. You can see who exactly is working on a task. The most attractive feature is that you can share these charts without logging in. You will find tutorials and demos about the use of the application. The one to one chat helps the team to interact and stay updated with the project. A lot of advanced integrations and collaborations are available to meet individual preferences.

Cons

Not much to mention here but, if you are using this application for large projects, it might be a little complex.