• Pros

• "Things is a well made application. There is a very pleasing aesthetic. It loads and syncs quickly and has very smooth scrolling."

• "Fully featured Beautiful interface Easy to use A great value for the amount of app you get compared to apps like omnifocus"

• "It's a joy to use, feels really good, and is big on most of the features I need. It checks the box in that respect!"

• Cons

• "Tagging system could be a bit better. Also, GTD functionality could use dependent tasks where one can start only after the previous one finishes. Apart from these, the app is great."

• "It could possibly be slightly cheaper (would gladly pay monthly fee), but if you consider how much you get out of it - worth every penny."

• "The only thing missing is an Android app, but if you are a Mac user then you don’t have anything to fear."

Browse Things Reviews

Andrew R from Hopkins United Methodist Church

My Digital Brain

Pros

Things makes it easy to take something I'm holding in my physical brain, but it in a trusted system, and forget about it until the time I need to remember it. It interfaces with all my other favorite apps and services (Airmail, DEVONthink) and works seamlessly across my computer and mobile devices.

Cons

I wish it was easier to take action on multiple to-dos at once (e.g. marking them done, changing their due date, etc).

Jason from FrogDesk

Things is a very well made app, but something useless because not cross platform

Pros

I have loved Things for a very, very long time. It is extremely well designed and when I was fully in the Mac ecosystem it was great. It's very Apple-like design. Easy to use, but powerful underneath. An exquisite way to organize your life.

Cons

Times have changed, and developers generally don't use just one platform. A tool that is used to keep track of absolutely all my tasks NEEDS to be available everywhere I go. It is very sad to me that I can no longer use Things for this reason. They desperately need a web app and ideally a native Windows app.

Reasons for Choosing Things

I did not choose things over Notion. Ultimately I am using Notion. While it is not a direct competitor, it is an amazing tool, and one of my favorite applications ever developed. It lets you create your own searchable databases in an extremely intuitive way. In a way, Notion lets you develop apps for your own use. I find it very intuitive and really appreciate the fact that they have native apps for every major platform as well as a web app.

Leslie from Meadow Heights Church

Disappointed - didn't live up to the hype

It was a good starter point for task management in the world of knowledge work, but I eventually had to progress to a more robust system as my workflow and organizational systems matured. But I 'cut my teeth' in Things and appreciated the syncing between all my devices.

Pros

It's very simple and user-friendly. It would take no time for someone new to the software to get up and running with it. As a basic task manager, it is perfectly adequate. If you want to build your own system from the ground up, this is a good choice.

Cons

It just wasn't feature-rich enough to justify a price point that was comparable to other task management software choices that DO include richer features. For instance, why no cascading tasks/dependencies? I'm a GTD person, and Things just didn't have all the layers needed to execute GTD digitally. I eventually found a competitor that was clearly designed to work for GTD workflows and abandoned Things. Unfortunately, I had already sunk the costs of paying for the desktop, iPad, AND iPhone apps for Things because everyone else I worked with was using it and seemed to love it. I know many who still do, but I just like to build a task system with much more specificity and robustness.

Best of the best (for Apple users).

No complaints about the software, interface or usability. If we eventually have to do a paid upgrade to Things 4, we'd do so in a heartbeat. Great for personal and professional task management.

Pros

I've tried literally 10-15 todo list/productivity style apps, and Things 3 is by far the most intuitive. I also like the one-time payment option as opposed to a monthly subscription. By far the most thorough in terms of keyboard shortcuts, flexibility and just overall product design. One thing I really like is that it can pull in your calendar entries into your "Today" view to give you appointments alongside your todos. This is a fantastic feature that most todo apps do not implement. Better than Todoist, Wunderlist, Asana, Google Tasks. I love the tagging - this fits my specific needs perfectly, and the Getting Things Done methodology no matter how that works in your own workflow.

Cons

I didn't like having to pay twice for the software. Meaning, you have to pay a separate license fee for each device. I paid for a desktop license and an iPhone license. I still prefer this to a monthly fee indefinitely, but there are plenty of companies offering one license for all devices so this was disappointing. That being said, you get what you pay for, and we are still glad we did. I have no issues with the software itself, only the pricing and lack of clarity around it.

Reasons for Choosing Things

Calendar integration gives a fuller picture of my daily tasks as it includes an meetings/appointment I need to work today's todos around. Perfect!

Love it!

I organize my day-to-day and projects with this.

Pros

I love that it integrates with my calendar. I love that it has an AppleWatch app. I love that I can use it with Siri. I love how projects are organized so I can covert a to-do into a project at anytime. I love how simple it is to use.

Cons

I really wish it had collaboration built in. I have several projects I work on in groups and it would be nice to share lists of to-dos with each other and see each other mark them off.

Reasons for Choosing Things

It’s so simple to organize and use. Plus it works with my calendar.

I Always Return to Things

Since purchasing things a year and a half or so ago I've tried other productivity task managers. Moved my process into Trello, Omnifocus, Agenda, Teamwork.... and while all of those products have excellent features and are great for managing projects and the like, the attempts either by me or by the software to manage daily task lists and project tasks never pans out and I return in a week or two to Things and am reminded how elegant and functional Things is. Great product.

Pros

The user experience is phenomenal. To be able to search for a task or project by simply typing--with no keyboard shortcuts or mousing to a field or clicking on an icon--is brilliant. Additionally, I love that I can just hit a quick ctrl-spacebar at any time regardless of the program I'm in when I'm on desktop and I can quick enter a task and return and flesh it out later on. Great during meetings. The app for ios is awesome, as well.

Cons

I truly wish that I could drop files into a task. However, there's a fine line between where something is simple and effective vs taking on too much and risk becoming a bloated piece of software with too many options. I argue with myself that the line with Things is with this desire for it being able to store a file. Evernote, Sharefile, Box, and several other products our org has license to can all serve this purpose. But still, when I'm aiming for maximum efficiency (and when I don't want to create some zap or other chain to make such a thing work), it's the one thing I like least. Small thing though. Small small thing.

Reasons for Choosing Things

As stated above, I've tried the others and am always sucked back in by Things. It feels good to use it.

Trudy from Trudy Rice Collection

Best ever to-do list and more

I am so much more organised. I don't forget 'things' I have to do. I created my first project recently and its keeping me on track.

Pros

I love how Things keeps me on track and is Synced to all my devices.

Cons

It would be good to be able to collaborate with one other person.

More user friendly.

Greg from Lutheran Church

Saved my life

I manage my projects with it and it keeps me on track.

Pros

So beautiful! It makes me want to be organized. No friction at all. I love that I can make notes on projects easily.

Cons

It was a bit pricey but totally worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Things

Better looking user interface.

James from Teknovation

Great Personal Task Manager

For years, I used another task manager that was much harder to use. The complexity of the other system resulted in me not regularly utilizing the tool. Things give me just the right amount of customization and presents an easy intuitive user interface.

Pros

I appreciate the clean design and the fact that it is very powerful yet easy to learn and use. It is also synchronized across all my devices which allows me access wherever I go.

Cons

It is a little on the pricey side especially if you want to use it across your Mac, iPhone and iPad. However, I will say that it is worth the money.

Jeff from Trinity United Methodist Church

Excellent function, form, worth the money

This is truly excellent software that will affect your quality of life.

Pros

Every functional design choice is perfectly made in Things, I have tried every todo software out there. This one includes the right things, leaves out the right things, and is beautiful doing it.

Cons

It is Mac only which prevented full adoption for me for a while. The cost is also high, plus you have to pay on different platforms. But it's worth every penny

Martín from Consumer Electronics

WARNING, highly biased review: I'm a Things die hard fan :)

Being a long time OmniFocus 2 user, at first I was hesitant of switching to Things given the amount of effort, time and money I spent on OF2 already; moreover, I was happy with it (in a general sense) so, again, it took me some time to decide to give Things 3 a fair try. But when I did... boy, oh boy! I already tried other task managers (2DO being the most notable of them) but ultimately stuck with OF. But there was one thing about OF3 that especially put me off: the iOS app. This is, of course, a personal taste, but to me just watching the OS3 iOS interface felt a lot of work by itself. Coming from OF, Things 3 interface feels a visual welcome rest. It's neat, it's easy on the eyes, it displays all the data that you need and the navigation both on Mac and iOS is just fantastic; the more I used Things, the more it grew on me, and the less I was convinced to upgrade to OF3. But nonetheless switching to Things 3 was the best decision I could make. I can understand why a good chunk of longtime OF users was already migrating to Things (there are some good blog posts about that). I can say that Things is an integral part of my life, and I'm not exaggerating a bit here. I use it to organize my daily chores as well as personal and work stuff. It keeps me focused and prevents me from missing a thing. I can safely say that my productivity reached a whole different level by using Things 3, a boost of several magnitudes actually.

Pros

- Both Mac and iOS apps are *EXQUISITE* - Buttery-smooth, impeccable performance - Down-to-earth way to organize your tasks - Beautiful GUI - Wealth of features - Sync between different clients works flawlessly - Cool API - Great integration with other apps (I use it mainly with DEVONthink Pro) - Very nice quick-entry box at the reach of a shortcut

Cons

- I miss not having a public space to discuss the app like other great applications have; I believe that a Discussion forum would add lots of value to the app by enabling its community interaction

Frank from SixPlus

Things shows that power comes with simplicity

Overall, Things has no parallel in the productivity GTD space, because there's no other with a better balance of rich features and ease of use. It's an app that feels like it was created by designers/UX specialists first, and engineers second, whereas a tool like OmniFocus with some nice design to boot, nonetheless comes across as primarily the product of engineers.

Pros

Things is unparalleled in one area: design-empowered usability/simplicity. Productivity tools often compete on feature sets, but Things shows that sticking to a core set of features and evolving their design can yield better results than simply adding more features. While other tools can become a chore to keep up to date, Things is a tool you want to use even after several weeks, because of its simplicity. Of course this doesn't mean it's underpowered or lacking in features. It has most of the important hallmarks of a GTD system, and implements them in a UI that makes them accessible. No more, no less.

Cons

Thing's integration with MacOs has been its biggest shortcoming for me. While notifications work well enough, they're not powerful enough to interact with the app in a way that doesn't require you to actually open up the app. For example, the default Reminders app has a notification, which allows you to not only mark it as complete, but more importantly delay the notification, so that it pops right back up after 1hr or the next day. The Things notification on the other hand forces you to switch to the app and configure the delay with several clicks rather than just the one that it should take were the notifications to be more powerful.

Travis from Babson College

Great for getting things done

Great overall experience. It's part of my daily workflow and keeps bills paid, projects on task, and deadlines hit. It fits in great with my other project management workflows to keep my individual tasks more organized, and I love having a simplified to-do list right on my phone. Desktop version can be a little pricier, but well worth it.

Pros

I love how simple yet robust it is. I can keep a simple to do list, but then I can also set a schedule for some tasks, repeating tasks, set deadlines, have sub-items, organize into specific projects or areas of focus, and I love that I can set it up with iOS's notifications so if I can't add something by hand, I can tell Siri to set a notification and Things will pull it in for me to look at later. Things helps give me a good overview of things that are coming up and what I need to focus on for the day. One of the best things though, is that you can more-or-less customize it to fit what works best for your workflow.

Cons

If anything, the Someday and Anytime groups. But I think that's mostly because I haven't quite figured out how it works best for me. They have a very good explainer and tutorial on their website though. I do wish there were some more robust deadline features though, and specific iOS alarms for individual tasks, or for them to bring back a daily reminder to look at your to-do list. But I've been using it for almost 10 years now, and I've gotten a really good habit of checking it throughout the day.

Nate from Texas State University

Fantastic task manager that keeps getting better.

Increased productivity, and the freedom of not feeling like I have to remember every little thing that needs to get done.

Pros

I love the clean, modern design aesthetic and usability of the software. I also love that despite this visual simplicity, there is a lot of power and flexibility under the hood. The develop resisted adding notifications (i.e., task alarms) for a long time, which was always my main complaint, so I was relieve when they added this in their most recent overhaul. My other favorite feature is the Things Helper (I use a Mac), which allows me to add a new task using a keyboard shortcut while on the fly without even having to switch to the Things window. It's also context aware, so if I do this while looking at an email, for instance, it will automatically add a direct link to that email in my task. That is very, very cool in my books. Their companion apps for iPhone and iPad are also fantastic, and very much worth the purchase.

Cons

I use to have a list of minor pain points with this software, but honestly they've all been addressed in this latest release. Kudos to the developers.

Ryan from Ryan Estes Photography LLC

Finally, a to-do list that works for me.

Pros

Less is more. That's really the crux of the matter with Things. Since it received a massive redesign and reconceptualization last year, it does... less? That's hard to say... but honestly I don't care, because what it does, it does amazingly well. It's incredibly easy to enter to-do items from anywhere on your desktop or iPhone (there's also an iPad version which I haven't purchased). Instant syncing across your devices. Custom reminders. A gorgeous, clean design that makes me want to use it. The intro project (Meet Things Mac, which is designed to help you get to know all the features of Things quickly) was perfectly conceived, and I was up and running inside of 2 minutes. (Compare that with some of the more complex To-Do software like OmniFocus -- which I also purchased once and never used much -- and you'll understand the value of this.) My life has never been so organized.

Cons

* I would love the ability to ATTACH (and not just link to) documents, photos, etc. * Siri integration could be better. * It's kind of expensive+ for the desktop and iPhone versions of the software -- but still, that's a decent chunk of change.

Zac from Wavetronix

Great task managment app

It’s a great way to track tasks and deadlines. I use it everyday.

Pros

I’ve tried several task management apps and I’ve liked Things the best. I like it for a couple of reasons. One is how simple it is to add to my inbox. Either using Siri or the app, it’s super quick and easy. I like that it connects to my calendar so I can see calendar events in the same place as my tasks. I like that creating and organizing projects is super simple. I like repeating events, adding reminders, adding deadlines, etc. Overall it’s got some really great features.

Cons

My number one complaint about Things is the lack of ability to attach documents to tasks. There are several times where it would be nice to add an image, or a PDF to a task but this isn’t allowed. You can attach links to tasks (that link to these items) but if the link ever breaks, it’s useless. Also, the emailing of tasks to my inbox is still a bit clunky. I usually end up just deleting the emailed version and re-entering it.

Albert from Maestro Health

Excellent ToDo List Organizer Works Great for Projects Too

Pros

My favorite features of the app include: • keyboard shortcut for a quick entry box to capture a new to do no matter what I'm doing on my computer • keyboard shortcut for a quick entry box that captures whatever I've highlighted on my computer and pastes it as a new to do • integration with Apple Reminders and calendar to import reminders to Things. This is extra useful because I use SIRI to capture to do items all the time and they automatically show up in Things inbox for processing. • organizing to do items into projects and be able to assign headers within the list to group items • tags for quick filtering I also use the mobile app, which makes reviewing and adding on-the-go easy, but I mainly work with Things on my computer for major planning

Cons

I use Things daily and I honestly don't have any criticisms. I only hope the developers don't start adding features which dilutes the amazing functionality and ease it has now.

Alson from ash+zelkova

A simple product that does what it's supposed to do elegantly

There was a time that I cannot function without Things. However, as time progresses and more applications are released, I found it easily replaced with any other productivity app.

Pros

In the old days of GTD (Getting Things Done), this app is a must-have for all GTD enthusiasts. It does one thing perfectly. And that is a todo list.

Cons

Many cross-platform, free or cheaper programs can replace it anytime now. Main reason why I moved away was because it's limited to Apple products only.

Good software with a few concerns

Helps me manage my todo tasks though there are other high quality players in the same arena today

Pros

- Beautiful UI - System wide shortcut to capture tasks - Syncs with the iPhone, Mac and the iPad - Fast and flexible. For e.g.,I could choose not to do GTD and run it like a traditional todo list - They finally seem to be building some integrations into the application

Cons

- Very expensive. Needs a separate purchase for iOS - Devs can disappear. They did after they released the previous version. Took an incredibly long time to develop Things 3. I was questioning whether I had to move to a different todo list - Not as feature rich as one would expect given the incredulous pricing. For e.g., cannot use with teams, no note taking - Needs a dark mode

Chelsea from CityFi

Industry: Information Services

Obsessed

Pros

Things has singlehandedly upgraded my life, as I feel 1000x more organized. I use my Today list every day as my north star for what I want to get done, and can easily drag to another time on my schedule if I'm not going to get to it. Much better than using the calendar because tasks are often not time-specific (though I do like the This Evening option). I also LOVE the email-task integration, where I can turn an email into a task using a keyboard shortcut, and the fact that I can easily have notes and links associated with a task.

Cons

I suppose being able to have a collaborator on a project would be nice, although I haven't really minded this as completely individual to-do lists can help with accountability. It also can be hard for me to pitch Things to friends and colleagues given the cost, though I find it reasonable.

Frank from n/a

Simple & Useful

I found too many other todo apps to be overly complex or lacking the features I needed. Although Things doesn't have everything I want, it has everything I need. The main reason I keep coming back to Things is it's simple views. Keeping everything within Today, Next, Scheduled, Someday and Inbox reduces the amount I need to think. I don't want to spend too much time remember how to catalog the tasks I've just created. My only gripe would be a lack of new features but that is why it has been able to avoid the unnecessary complexity. A few tweaks to the UX would be nice though.

Pros

simple categories. fast synchronizations. no subscriptions

Cons

selecting tags in iOS is a pain. not able to collaborate with others (family). Can't store attachments.

Mike from The SKEE League

The list App of all list Apps!

Things has really allowed me to better map out both immediate tasks while also planning long term goals, charting progress and steps along the way. It's my calendar, diary, to do list and notepad all rolled into one. It's EVERYTHING.

Pros

I've bounced around from one productivity App to the next, but Things is the first and only one I've stuck with. I absolutely love the way it integrates my "To Do" lists on into my calendar on all my devices and allows me to segment tasks and projects based upon importance and immediacy. It's user interface is incredibly clean, simple and user-friendly, creating a space where even my scattered monkey mind can create a semblance of organization.

Cons

I wasn't a huge fan of having to pay additional cash money to allow the integration between both my phone and computer, but in the end, it was worth it. I'd also like it if there were more options for automated alerts that would remind me to check out my lists during the course of the day.

Things is a GODSEND!

I love THINGS.

Pros

Where do I start? Things has changed my entire workflow, in every aspect of my life. Groceries, Purchases, Savings, Financials, Work Tasks, Family Tasks, Caring for My plants, Life goals, travel, Budgets, Client Management...the lists go on. It is such a beautiful, well thought out product, that is worth every single penny and then some. On top of a beautiful seamless integrated cross-platform experience, you get ​independent​ cloud sync, recurring tasks, projects, archive, logbook, save for later, inbox, areas, sub-task within tasks, amazing drag and drop on mobile devcies. This application is PERFECT.

Cons

That more people do not use it because of cost, and that isn't the software companies fault. If they would somehow maybe make the cost more universal to do a full platform buy-in, I'd be behind that, but honestly I paid for it full price across every device because it is that good.

Things-giving

Perhaps it's useful to compare and contrast Things with Todoist. If you don't need or don't want to spring for an upgraded Todoist account, Things 3 is much better and a better value, too. If you're working with a team and need to assign tasks, track complex projects, etc., Todoist may be a better choice. In my case, I couldn't convince my coworkers to "play my game" with ToDoist, and I happily went back to using Things.

Pros

Things 3 is incredibly easy to use, and very capable—especially if you're not trying to manage an entire team with a single application.

Cons

There are two flaws—or maybe just drawbacks— that I hope the makers resolve: there is no API so Things doesn't play well with other applications, and popup reminders offer a snooze feature, but there seems to be no way to change the default time till it pops up again (seems to be 10 minutes).

Trevor from HubSpot

Love your to-do list

Pros

I've used Things for years, and it's changed my life. Any time I think "I should remember to do X later," I put it in Things and attach a date when I think I'll get around to it. When that day comes, Things gives me a reminder. Either I do that thing, or I move it to a later date. It's also easy to set up repeating tasks, e.g. to remind yourself of tasks you need to complete every month.

Cons

There's no support for search in the Logbook, where completed tasks go. Sometimes I think "Did I remember to do X?" and searching the Logbook would be the fastest way to confirm.

Thomas from inFlow Inventory

Beautiful, powerful task management

I've used Things 3 as may task manager for the past few years for both work and personal tasks. It just works.

Pros

• great general section for all tasks due Today, and they even add a subsection for tasks due This Evening • separate due dates and start dates • projects can have simple headers to split up a large number of tasks • easy to graduate a task into a project • sync is fast and reliable

Cons

• no file attachments or pics (these can be really useful sometimes) • no saved searches (if you want to view Today with tasks tagged as work, you'll always need to click and set that up)

Makes you want to complete your tasks just so you can use it

Things makes my team more efficient and organised. We know what to do and what are the next steps to achieve our goals for the day.

Pros

- it the best task management software on the planet - the interactions and the animations make you want to check off your list every single time you look at it - well designed: simple, yet very powerful - easy to organise your lists and to see your day ahead

Cons

- The cost - it's expensive, especially if you use it on multiple devices - Doesn't have location-based reminders on mobile (the bit that keeps me from using it with 100% of my tasks)

Ahmed from ANAcademy

Top notch GTD system

Pros

Well, the title is an understatement! It's much more than just a GTD system, it's a complete, full featured, beautifully designed tasking software. Each version is a big step from its predecessor. Weather it's integration with Apple ecosystem, or its ease of use, Things is PERFECT

Cons

The only thing that I like least is it's pricing model. Let's face it, it's a bit pricy, specially that they do not offer bundles. iPhone, iPad, MacBook, each require a separate purchase. But hey, it's a great app, great to the extent that this didn't turn me off

Ishan from University of Texas at Dallas

Great GTD Task Manager, Perfect Balance Between Usability and Features

It makes tasks easy to manage for me, does not slow me down. It's pretty customizable as well.

Pros

Things is one of the few softwares that can be described as perfect. It's perfectly balanced when it comes to features and usability and doesn't reinvent the wheel. It has everything you'd want as a power use, from a system wide to-do creation box to integration with other apps.

Cons

Things makes you want to complete your tasks

Pros

* It is absolutely the most beautiful task management software on the planet * The interactions and the animations make you want to check off your list every single time you look at it * Very, very well thought out * Simple, yet very powerful * Very easy to organise your lists and to see your day

Cons

* It's expensive, especially if you use it on multiple devices * Only for Apple devices * Doesn't have location-based reminders on mobile (the bit that keeps me from using it with 100% of my tasks) * No collaboration

Pros

Things is clean, well-designed, and has essentially ever feature I need for a to-do app. In general, I think this is a great app. Additionally, they've recently updated it to allow for deep-linking of some sort, however I haven't had the time to dig into that further and see what additional functionality it brings with it. Finally, the design is great. it's clean, it's white. it's simple. You can't beat that - in the day when all apps seem to add in way too many colors, shadows, etc. and overdo it in my opinion. This one hits the mark.

Cons

The pricing structure isn't the greatest. Annual plans have never sat well with me as they don't allow for flexible lifestyles. My tech habits change much more often than annually, for example, and I'd like to onboard and offload apps accordingly.

Sven from BearlyDigital (Einzelunternehmen)

Industry: Information Services

The only To-Do app I'll ever need

I was looking through every to-do tool in the book and couldn't find one that suited my needs. I tried Things last, because it seemed prohibitivly expensive. I now regret that choice, because having used Things for a few months now I can say that it has increased my productivity & ability to "get things done" in such a dramatic way that the app has now most certainly paid for itself.

Pros

Things is the only to-do app I'll ever need. The implementation of the GTD method is stunning, the app itself is beautiful, fast & efficient. Entering tasks is frictionless and managing my day-to-day productivity with this tool is delightful. The iOS sync is a lifesaver & the app (macOS & iOS) is getting more and more refined with every release.

Cons

The price for that macOS version might seem a little steep, but for an app that I'll use everyday to get my tasks in order it's completely worth it.

Robbie from Riders Aboard

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Easiest Way to get your life organised & not forget anything.

Works well, syncs well, makes my life a lot easier.

Pros

The look and feel of the app is great, on all platforms. I use Mac OS, IOS and IpadOS. It syncs easily between all devices, and I love how I can have todo lists for different projects and and different parts of my life, all on in one place.

Cons

It is pretty expensive to buy the software for each device I use, Mac, iPad, and iPhone. It's an expensive buy for each device. Expected at least iPad and iPhone to be once price for both platforms.

G. Keenan from Sprout Social, Inc.

Beautiful, intuitive, wonderful experience

Pros

I adore pretty much everything about this app. Task creation and management is so simple, with intuitive gestures at the forefront and powerful features tucked underneath when you need it. The experience between Mac, iPhone, and iPad is consistent and absolutely delightful. If you have a lot of projects up in the air and want a simple way to track and manage them, absolutely get Things. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of some kitchen sink apps, but it's all the better for the restraint it shows.

Cons

No collaborative lists for families or teams. A few clunky UX choices, but they are few and far between.

Jessica from Northwest Advocacy Foundation

Things is thisclose to being perfect

Pros

Oh man, where do I even begin? I utilize Things for my home / personal / non-work tasks, and it's incredible. I love that I can have multiple projects and areas, so that everything can be organized and grouped how I want it to be. Also: repeating to-dos! Big fan.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like, per se, but I do wish that there were more business features, so that I could use this for work. Specifically: I'd love to see shared projects, assignable tasks, and chat / comments.

Alejandro from Casa de LIbertad

The best ToDo app for Mac & iOS... and I try them all

I get organized, I do the things a need to do, in the order I need to.

Pros

Simple. Easy. Clean. This is my favorite ToDo app in the App Store. I have used almost all the top ones, and the not so top ones. I have sign up to many other services, even some that are so complex that learning to use them is a huge task. THINGS is the one I am staying with. I use it for work and for home, to travel and for projects. The thing I like most is the UI, stays clean no matter how many tasks it has on. Beautiful to look at, for the simplicity of it. I can connect it to my Airmail app and make tasks from there with all the info. So I have this only place I can admin my time with.

Cons

The price, a bit too high for me, although it is worth it, It made the choice difficult to make at the beginning.

Great Project Planning and To-Do list tool.

Pros

It is a robust and beautifully designed piece of software that does just about everything I want it to do. It has the ability to make a project with key tasks and subtasks that isn't overwhelming to review.

Cons

I really wish they had a subscription model that would allow me to pay them a flat price per year or month to have all of the apps. Right now you would need to purchase each app individually but then you own them until they make a new revision.

Jessica from Northwest Advocacy Foundation

LOVE

Pros

I use Things daily for all of my household / personal type of tasks, and it is just about perfect. It is simple yet sophisticated, and it works like a dream. The Things team clearly put a ton of thought into this version, and it shows.

Cons

Shared projects! This is the one thing that is making Things a strictly personal product. If it allowed for more "teamwork" type features, I would use it for businesses purposes, as well.

Shirley from Prairie Gothic

Minimalist + GTD = Love

Excellent. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I love the beauty and minimalism of this application. I use this app to make to do lists, wishlists, and plan projects...basically, I use it to declutter my mind. I love how Things generates neat elegant lists so all that's left for me to do is to get to work.

Cons

The price seems steep but it's worth it. I'd like a dark mode on iPhone, but I understand that's in the works.

Jake from Ragnar Events

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A well produced app that works well for most but lacks some of the power user features

Things is enjoyable to use. It has the minimum feature set needed for a multi platform to do manager. However, for someone with a more complex task list it is easy to loose items in the database due to the limited search (perspective view).

Pros

Cons

It lacks the ability to view your database of tacks in several different ways of sorting like OmniFocus does with its perspectives.

Reasons for Choosing Things

I didn't. I selected OmniFocus.

Beautiful and efficient to-do application.

This software keeps me from procrastinating.

Pros

Things beat out all similar applications I have used. This app is beautifully designed and is purposeful in all its features. My favorite part about Things is the ability to separate to-dos into separate projects. Projects help me to keep on task and not forget the essential items in my project. Within a project, you can create heading for group more task together. I cannot live without this app.

Cons

This app is wonderful. This application needs the ability to add colored tags to further organize to-dos.

Great to-do app for Mac

Pros

If you are a macOs and iOS user, this is the de facto to-do app to have. It’s gorgeous, powerful, well thought and perfectly executed. Since it introduced its own cloud service to keep lists and projects in sync between devices, it has been my favorite app to get things done.

Andrew "AJ" from University of Chicago

My to-do list for more than a decade

Pros

Things is simple but powerful. This tool has been open on my Mac and iPhone every day since high school. It has come with me through four degrees and countless jobs and internships. It's a workhorse for every setting.

Cons

It is a bit expensive for personal use, but it's worth it for how often I use it and how much value I get. I wish it had more integrations, but I'm not too upset.

This tool has allowed me to capture ALL the things in one convenient place.

It's out of my head and in this program so I don't have to spend my mental resources trying to remember everything. I just go to my list.

Pros

I have multiple projects all with many to-dos for each. I can sort by project or date due to find what's next on my list.

Cons

Sometimes I cannot get the sort feature to work correctly. I'd also like more options for how I'd like to be able to sort and a way to do projects within projects.

Tim from Start With Why - Simon Sinek

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Things is my go-to app for Getting Things Done

Things has been key in my effort to become more organized and have a clearer head. I actually enjoy using the app a lot, which says a lot (I naturally tend towards disorganization and chaos). I'd recommend Things to anyone who wants to get organized and get more done.

Pros

Things is beautifully designed and syncs across all of my iOS devices. Its easy-to-use, with its powerful keyboard shortcuts. It's got all the options I need to stay organized (Deadlines, start dates, tags, Areas of life, projects, tasks, recurring tasks...).

Cons

Using Things, or any GTD app really, requires constant maintenance. If I spend a couple days outside the app, I'll end up with lots of stuff on my "Today" list, which can feel overwhelming. Such is life!

Thibault from Tibz.co

Been using it for years and not planning to stop any time soon!

In one word, the experience with Things is DELIGHTFUL: every single detail has been refined and polished and it makes for a pleasant and stress-free experience!

Pros

The interface is so polished, so fast, and super intuitive! I've been in love with the latest version of Things since its release!

Cons

I wish there was a way to collaborate with others, which would allow me to stop using other apps.

Simple and Effective - You won’t want to go back

Organization both of my work and personal life has had a big improvement since using Things, no regrets buying this software at all! Also for those quickly vanishing thoughts, quick entry is amazing.

Pros

Overall everything feels smooth and right how it should be! Really the best feature for me, is being able to quickly note some thought (from the quick entry shortcut, with intelligent autofill!) while doing whatever thing on my Mac. Calendar and Reminders integration it’s also very well synchronized and displayed on the Menu. Cloud makes it a very good feature for the companion app on iPhone, it’s a breeze!

Cons

I’ve run into a minor issue on Dark mode theme, which was quickly fixed by the support!

Klein from Bandy Carroll Hellige

I have tried probably every task manager on the market. I always come back to Things.

Things keeps all my things in order.

Pros

Simplicity in design and functionality. UX decisions are obvious and unobstructive. The design is beautiful and native to the platform it exists on, but has its own personality.

Cons

Lack of collaboration. Lack of integrations. (Though, integrations are seemingly being added at an impressive pace in this latest version.)

Kyle from 3Crosses

Helps me to remember and keep on track

Great program that syncs may phone and my computer so not matter what I have my list to keep me on track.

Pros

It is a great place to put down all tasks and ideas. After inputing it you can organize so everything is in the correct place.

Cons

The biggest down side is the lack of sharing. I cannot share a task with someone else or give task to particular people.

Filip from Castle Intelligence

Main reason for staying on iOS

Pros

I've been using Things since it's been released to public beta and it's just an indispensable piece of software. I used it every day, both for work and personal tasks. Great synchronization.