All Tick Reviews

Basic time tracking app

Alexis

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Tick makes every tock considered

Tick has allowed me to manage and track projects and tasks with ease. Overdue deadlines are easily recognizable and allow you to prioritize your time.

PROS

Excuse the poor pun. Tick is a wonderful time management software used to help coordinate deadlines and and manage projects. Tick can be run on computers, phones and even an apple watch. The universal accessibility makes Tick easy to implement and easy to follow. Tick allows for "budget tracking" which helps tell you if you or your team is falling behind on a particular task or project.

CONS

Tick unfortunately cannot force you or your team to do a project. In all seriousness, Tick has a single purpose and can easily be overtaken by a more sophisticated piece of software that includes project management.

Bukola

Reviewed June 2018

Great way to measure project speed.

PROS

Tick simplifies how our projects are tracked and budgeted, providing every employee with an idea of how much time is expended on every project. Resulting in increased productivity on the long run ,as employees are able to compare their speed rate on one project against another. Tick integrates well with Basecamp ,and it is so easy to import our projects from Basecamp into Tick.Likewise , making it very easy to estimate the cost of new projects and compare them with past projects we have done.It has a nice Chrome extension and can be used while on the move ,via mobile.

CONS

It is a whole lot of work trying to manage a project management program on one hand and using Tick on the other hand ,on a single project. Will be a good development ,if Tick can be upgraded into a full blown project management tool.

LaToya

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Using Tick Depends on Company Needs

Since my team of graphic designers is the smallest of my teams, for me it isn't worth the effort to have a separate system for them to use. But it could be amazing for someone else.

PROS

Example: Graphic Designers do not necessarily need to be in the office or on campus to complete their assignments. But we do need a way to assign their projects (tasks), allocate the time/hours allowed for the project, and any other details. You can set these parameters for an individual employee or for a team of graphic designers. This team is quite small so it works.

CONS

The benefit of this software is also the downfall. It works great for a small team. This is not something I would use for my larger teams because I cannot integrate it with our university-wide Workday system. As a work team, we use Trello and Zapier but it doesn't necessarily correlate with timesheets.

Jeffrey

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Great Time Tracking Tool

It has boosted our workflow efficiency significantly. We weren't aware of how much guesstimating was killing us until we started using Tick.

PROS

One thing we struggle with is giving accurate times for our project. While estimation was ok, over time we were severely over/under budgeting our time. Tick gives us up-to-date, solid data on how much time we're actually spending on each project. It's features are simple, and simple is what we need. There's not a lot of fancy gimmicks which has been a blessing. We don't have time to mess around with in-depth functionality and were just looking for a clock to keep track of our projects. Does it in spades.

CONS

If you're looking for a more fleshed out project management software, this might not be your best option. Its efficiency is found in its simplicity.

Oscar

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2018

We better measure project time and budget.

PROS

We use Tick to set a budget for every of our team project. We are able to setup our projects , assign project tasks and projected budget for the project. We are allowed to modify our project budget ,by either increasing or decreasing the budget. Overall Tick has made it very easy to effectively plan the time and resource we allot to a project.Allowing us dedicate more time or less time to projects ; depending on their size.

CONS

Have only got reservations about the visual setup for our projects.It makes it cumbersome to differentiate between the actual time and budget time.

Abimbola

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Best for tracking time spent on projects.

PROS

There are multiple time tracking programs out there,who try to do way too much and eventually end up creating a jack of all trade program,with no particular area of distinction. Tick absolves itself from the pack by simply focusing on project time tracking and resource management and does a fantastic job in both areas.. I like its user interface as I have always found it intuitive ,and makes it very easy to enter new projects and tasks.This is the best time tracking program I have come across and am certain,I will be on this one for a long time.

CONS

Will be nice to see Tick emerge into a complete project management program like Jira and the likes.However it does a fantastic job in its core area of focus.

Ruby

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Time tracking made simple

The main thing was lost time. Since before guys had to wait to enter time into our office software we where not billing accurately but now that is history. And keeping a running group tally of time is soo helpful

PROS

I loved the timers, it made it so easy to go from task to task and keep track of all billable time without much effort. Just a click here and a click there as you go from task to task and done!

CONS

It took me awhile to get used to the flow but once you get it, you just get it! the guys love the fact they can record time from there phones and not have to remember to do so later.

Nipuna

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Track your time within a Tick

Great, simple and pretty interface. Easily understandable software.

PROS

Its a very simple software and anyone can use it easily. It allow to track time easily and quickly with its simple user interface.

CONS

Synchronization is very lagging sometimes.

Cindy

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Tick Review

My overall experience with the Tick software is that I am a bit underwhelmed with the general operation of it and also the design is very plain. No vibrant colors or unique features that really stand out for me. The look of the software just doesn't strike me as software that I would recommend to colleagues or to friends. It's just a bit too plain and boring.

PROS

What I liked most about using Tick software is just how well it organises my time for me. It literally counts down the amount of minutes it takes me to complete a task or how long I still have left over to finish up on a task that I am working on.

CONS

What I like least about Tick software is that while the first 30 days are free a monthly subscription after the free time trial has ended is a bit of a steep rate considering that Tick really is just a glorified clock ticking down the time just as your wristwatch does. Unfortunately I do not really see a lot of value for money in using Tick unless they can maybe add another feature to the software that could make it worth the almost twenty dollar a month price plan.

Richard Boot

Reviewed May 2018

I use Tick to report time for my work at my public relations agency.

PROS

It's simple and intuitive it doesn't overwhelm you with bells and whistles, it just does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

CONS

The software is great, but of course, remembering to do hours sucks. Maybe there could be features like reminders or reoccuring time blocks for events and projects that are repeated.

Robert

Government Administration, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Where have you been all my career, Tick?

Allows me to track my time quickly and easily. Saves time while making me look like a genius.

PROS

Where do I begin? Tick saves me an immense amount of time *and* it makes me look good doing it. Time sheets used to be druggery. Always playing catch up at the end of the week (or even end of the month!). The project management software I was using was a clunky solution at best. Other time tracking software was too expensive or was part of a larger ecosystem I had to buy into. Tick is an elegant stand-alone solution that does one thing really well - track time allotted, time billed, and time remaining. The key for me has been the Chrome extension. It's right there so I can make an entry or start a timer while I am working without opening another tab or using another app. And time entry is really easy with the intuitive and responsive UI. I really appreciate the list of recent tasks that quickly populate the time entry. Tick also allows me to quickly see where I am on my budgets and give answers on labor budget remaining. No more "let me get back to you," It's right there and because I now enter time on the fly, its always up to the minute. Tick can produce quick reports by company, project, and task. My clients have been impressed with the professional and detailed time reports. I can also pull out the time entries and feed them into my project management app and my spreadsheets. It's quick and painless.

CONS

If I had to say anything less than glowing about Tick it would be that it's not the easiest to edit past time entries from any of the summary views. The user must find the entry in the task, note the date, and then navigate to the date. That's easy enough if you have Tick multiple browser tabs open but it is *one* thing I'd like to change.

Artem

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Excellent tool for collaboration and planning

PROS

Tick - excellent service for interacting with the team and clients during photoshoots. As a photographer, I often use various props for shooting and work in a team with hairstylists, makeup artists, and retouchers. With Tick, we can easily plan and organize photoshoots, create tasks for the team, and track progress. It allows me to set deadlines for tasks and notify team members about events, necessary props, and the start time of the shoot. My clients can easily access the shooting schedule as well as agree on a convenient time and date for them. It significantly simplifies the process of planning and organizing work, allowing me to focus on executing the shooting idea and satisfying clients

CONS

For very complex projects or teams with a large number of participants, its functionality may seem limited due to the set of features that would be desired to have

Jason

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2017

I have already recommended it to others.

Over the course of the past 16 months or so that I have been using the software it has been very dependable. The feature that allows a user to pick tasks from previous jobs has been a big time saver during job set up. Tick is flexible enough to keep up with the varying needs of my large corporate as well as agency clients, each with their own unique way of keeping track of time. If you work with subcontractors, it's great being able to add and remove people on the fly without incurring additional charges. I chose this platform over others because the fees are based on the number of jobs, not the number of users. The more jobs you have in the system, the more you pay. That being said $49 a month for more than 10 jobs per month does seem a bit high. That is the same amount I pay Adobe for their entire Creative Cloud. Think about all the R&D and decades that have gone into the full suite of Adobe products. I only pay Microsoft $10 per month. But even at that price, I would still recommend it. I was on site at an agency and the creative director saw it on my computer and thought it was great.

PROS

Pricing based on Jobs. Picking up tasks from previous jobs. The desktop and iPhone apps.

CONS

Price

Shelley

1 employee

Seamless & simple

I live and die by Tick. The basecamp integration sold me initially, but I since moved off basecamp for PM and continue to use Tick for time tracking and recording details for invoicing clients. The accounts and projects are flexible and easy to set up. The application for Mac and Chrome are great for my standard workflow, and the mobile app is helpful when i forget to turn off the timer on my computer. It's all seamless. I have subcontractors who use it too, and all the timecards roll up to the correct projects. I recommend this app to any independent consultant or small agency I come across.

PROS

It's simple, flexible, and works really well across devices.

CONS

On the Mac app, if you click off an entry before saving it, i.e. to look up some details or a time stamp on an email, the information wipes out and you have to start over. that's the only quirk you have to remember--don't click off the widget before saving the entry.

Reviewed November 2018

Hard to manage on-the-go

I can understand the benefits of clocking in on the go and managing different times on different projects, but the overall low speed and loading times made what should be a simple process longer and more distracting than easy.

PROS

I used Tick when I was working for a professional dog walking company. The ability to clock in and out from any location was particularly useful. I also liked that I could manage logging the difference between actual walk times versus commute and key change times. The mobile layout was fairly easy to follow and view, and I can imagine it would be easy to use on a laptop.

CONS

The connection to the internet was spotty for all employees across multiple networks, which resulted in a lot of time spent on clocking in. With every minute precious to someone traveling and walking multiple dogs per hour, stopping to make sure your clock in had loaded was frustrating. Compiling times at the end of the week to turn in was also not intuitive, having to click through multiple menu screens.

Mandy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2017

TICK makes our office tick!

Our office has been using TICK for nearly a year now and I can honestly say, the program has greatly improved our productivity. While not a favorite task, tracking time is a must in an agency atmosphere. We enter time to ensure WE are being productive and to allow for accurate client billing. And we love that we don't even have to wait until the month is over to see how we are doing. TICK makes us tick for several reasons. We enter how much time we think we should spend on each client project, and then as time is tracked, we can instantly see our firm's monthly progress. When problems are identified mid-month, we can reallocate time within a client's project or to another client. We also like to be able to measure our team's overall productivity and individual staff member's workload or productivity. This is the only way to measure our profit and loss, and to plan for future staffing needs. One suggestion for improvement would be re: reporting. We find some of the features to be a bit clunky. It would be helpful to be able to customize reports. And running a retroactive report showing the percentage of time used, even if it was over the allotted budget, would be a nice feature.

PROS

CONS

n/a

Animation, 2-10 employees

Very Useful, But Could Use Updates

I use Tick almost every day. It works very well overall. Nice and organized. But from a UX perspective, could use improvement. We have many projects in our project menu. It is often hard to navigate quickly to the one I need. If the layout displayed all projects, or had the a "most recent" filter, it would save so much time. Maybe an icon or color based system would better suit multiple projects. One big challenge is remembering what you have worked on during a day. Especially if you've been on multiple project. An different idea would be adding a timer that is liked to a calendar. Or some way to clock in real time, how much time you spent on a timer that the user could initiate. Just some thoughts.

PROS

It is accurate

CONS

UX needs improvement

Dusty