All Todoist Reviews

1-25 of 2,330 Reviews

Financial Services, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

The best “to do” tracker around!

Rikaz

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

An essential organization tool for self and teams!

Todoist has been a pleasure to use and I can't recommend it enough especially as a starting app for your teams.

PROS

Todoist has multiple features which make it easy to use. The mobile app is minimal in design and easy to navigate. Setting up a task and sub-tasks, adding members, communicating with the team, & managing projects is just so easy. On Android there is even a widget to directly add tasks to the app. The web app is equally up to the task of it's Android cousin having nearly all the features of the Android App.

CONS

Being a freemium service, Todoist requires users to pay for their premium services as well as being limited to 5 active projects, 5 collaborators per project, & 5 MB file uploads in the free version.

Reason for choosing Todoist

Todoist takes the lead due to it's ease of use and better user interfaces.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Todoist user interface was easier to use.

Jeremy

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Todoist: The Best Task Management App?

As self-employed creative professional, Todoist has greatly aided me in keeping track of disparate projects. Quick overviews, assigned tasks and reminders help me to get the job done, and not get overwhelmed.

PROS

The Todoist interface is attractive, and a real breeze to use. Being able to assign and add sub-tasks, plus things like Productivity visualizations make it a true productivity tracking app.

CONS

There could be stronger visual cues for when sub-tasks exist within a task.

Reason for choosing Todoist

The free version of Todoist offered everything I needed, even with the free version.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Asana's interface was too cluttered and confusing.

Angelica

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Todoist Is The Simple Task Management Solution for Busy Entrepreneurs

Gone are the days of tracking my daily, weekly, and monthly tasks on pen and paper like my parents. Although it is a logical method, it is time-consuming, especially for a busy mompreneur like me. I appreciate Todoist being my go-to business solution for simple project and task management. So far, I have explored the free tier of the app and I manage up to 5 projects (work-related and non-work-related) each month. I'm loving the experience on desktop and mobile applications. I use Todoist often on my iPad Pro.

PROS

Todoist is a great project and task management solution that I use in my business and home life daily. I appreciate its simplicity and ease of use.

CONS

I wish there was an option to color-code my projects and tasks on the free tier. I don't like that I have to upgrade the app to modify this setting.

Reason for choosing Todoist

I chose Todoist over Trello because it's a simpler interface. I can type in text and track easily across all of my devices without being distracted by adding images and documents that I don't need and this can be accomplished in my big project software like Asana.

Maisarah

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Todoist is the best for To-do-list

This software has really helping me to coordinate my time, task and schedule in central hub. The integration with other service like outlook and Zoho Notebook is giving more value to this software. Overall,I really like this software.

PROS

Todoist has really improve my effectiveness in managing my to-do-list and recurring daily task in my schedule. Its board and card layout is easy to drag around and i really like this style of task management because it is easy to see my overall task.

CONS

There are not much feature and tools that i can use to build a more complex or project with detailed resource. Todoist will constantly sending me a notification for unfinished task and sometimes it is a distraction that i don't need.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Todoist is more cheaper then Asana and more comfortable using it for my daily use.

Anastasios

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

One of the best ToDo apps

Excellent app for task management and todo lists. Easy to use and very user-friendly UI. Highly recommended

PROS

It is very easy to use and plan your projects and tasks. It is also relatively easy to set it up and integrate with other systems/apps.

CONS

It might be tricky to integrate it with Calendars and some other apps

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Helping to keep us on track

It works really well for what we use it for. It is helpful to jot down quick things to get to later.

PROS

I do like that it is very easy to communicate between the phone app and the desktop app.

CONS

I do not like it as a project management too. It is hard to break up individual steps for different people.

Reason for choosing Todoist

It just had the most versatility. We really enjoy that.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

It was being discontinued. We shopped around and found this to be better than what we were using before.

KIRA

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great tool for a virtual to do list

Todist is a great product to keep yourself organized and make sure that you are completing all your assigned tasks.

PROS

I love how todist keeps me on track of my day to day work log. There is an app version that I can add tasks for when I am on the go. I can separate tasks by project type when utilizing boards. I can invite my manager to collaborate.

CONS

The only thing I do not like about todist is the plug in. I wish I could connect emails to my todist through the outlook application. Currently this feature is only supported through the online version.

Autumn

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Strong Cross-Department Organization Tool

It is a good tool depending on the size of your company/team. For smaller teams it isn't perfect but it cannot be beat for large projects that span multiple departments/offices.

PROS

It is an excellent way to track progress on a variety of tasks, both group and individual, of all kinds. It has a clean UI and makes collaborating easy. The timelines it generates are an excellent way to visualize progress on a task.

CONS

Giving users roles is only available with the business plan, which is a downside for many, but is necessary for our number of staff. There is no offline access either

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Task Management Made Efficient

I love using Todoist. It has helped me keep my tasks organized and working efficiently.

PROS

Probably like a lot of people, I wear a lot of hats in my job. Todoist makes task management clear, useful, and neatly divided. I place my tasks into different categories and can also see what tasks need to be done in the future.

CONS

While I understand that you get what you pay for, the premium version will cost an investment. For personal use, the free version may suffice though.

Samiran

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

All about to doist (good?)

Ofcourse it's a best app for making your tasks complete and makeing a productive day

PROS

It's very simple to use and very effective

CONS

It's need some extra features and stylish interface

Scott

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Intuitive product, quick to implement

I'm a proud premium member because the software does its job and doesn't get in my way. I use it for both my work and personal tasks, but separating the two out is really simple to do.

PROS

I've tried dozens of systems for my day-to-day tasks, and finally landed on Todoist a couple years ago. The natural language processing for entering in tasks makes it easy to type something in using the iOS app and pick up where I left off later on my Mac. Typing in a date automatically adds the date information, which means I can just type "add photo to new blog post tomorrow" and have the task on tomorrow's list without having to fiddle in menus. As they say, it just works.

CONS

Things that "just work" tend to have their little nuances that mean sometimes it doesn't just work. Todoist is constantly pushing out updates behind the scenes through their server back-end, which means you're always on the latest version of the software even if you don't update the client software. Sometimes that means they move too fast and break things. There have been multiple occasions where the software suddenly doesn't work as expected and I have to wait a couple hours for them to push out a fix. Perhaps their testing procedures will meet enterprise expectations eventually, but this is normal for cloud services these days...

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Toodledo's software had a very dated look, and adding tasks took multiple steps. There wasn't a Mac app either, which meant I had to go through the browser to access my tasks.

Kristen

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

The perfect tool for keeping your to-do list organized

I use ToDoist to keep track of tasks sent to me by clients. I don't use it for project management, extensive notes, or workflow so much as a simple to-do list of projects that need to be completed. Sometimes you don't need to write a lot of details - you just need to be sure you do the task and todoist is the best software I have found for that. Love it!

PROS

I love how it's a no frills to-do list I can access on my computer and phone. I love being able to set up different projects, due dates, and sub tasks. It also helps me with my EOM invoicing so I know what I did for each client.

CONS

I wish I could get more features for free. The comment feature and ability to set reminders look great. Although, Todoist does send me an email every day letting me know what's on my list, so that is very helpful even without reminders.

Reason for choosing Todoist

Todoist was straightforward and non-distracting. It did exactly what I needed without me getting pulled into a rabbit hole of writing notes or project management when none was needed.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Asana is a great tool for projects with deeper complexity, but there was too much to fill out and add when I just wanted to manage my tasks. Todoist is exactly what I was looking for.

Yoana

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Works really well until I had too many tasks and then...overwhelm!

I really like the interace and ease of use, it's one of my favorite apps in terms of the UI. It's a really quick setup, the fonts are clean and easy to read, the tags and projects are colored nicely, it just wasn't the app that helped me actually get things done.

PROS

While I was using this software, I really liked the sleek and modern interface to add new tasks. It was quick, easy, and the UI was awesome. I wish all task management apps had an UI like Todoist. The tagging feature was also super quick to add, which saves me time adding tasks. The feature to reschedule tasks I didn't do based on the load for my week was good, not as good as Skedpal (which is why I switched) but better than I've seen in other task managemetn apps I've tried and used. I also really liked the minimalism of the screen, I never felt that it was too clunky or too many options being displayed at once and overwhelming me.

CONS

The reason I switched is because I had so many tasks added in I became overwhelmed. This isn't necessarily the apps fault, I should add time in my calendar to do a weekly review, etc... but it just wasn't happening. I switched to SkedPal because it schedules the tasks for me on my calendar, ensuring I get them done. With ToDoist, if something didn't get done, I would have an overdue task, and then need to schedule it into my calendar myself and spend time figuring out what time slot, etc..., then go back to Todoist if the time didn't work out, etc... it wasn't flexible enough to auto schedule and place it on my calendar with the option to roll over to the next day if not completed. (At least at the time that I used it). If it's not on my calendar, it doesn't get done because other things will fill my calendar and then I'm out of time and my Todoist tasks are not completed.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

The interface for RTM was clunky and a bit outdated, too many options, too cluttered of a screen. I wanted something cleaner and faster to use.

Alexandra

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Using todoist since student’s years

I have been using Todoist for a few years now.it makes my time management easier and more open to possible changes.I also greatly appreciated my last year’s statistics of use, which arrived at the beginning of this year.

PROS

Allowance to plan far into the future is surely a great advantage of this software. Just as possibility of prioritization is, with possibilities to diferentiate with colours. A great advantage of this software is tha I can use it all over my devices, my phone, macook, iwatch and ipad. That is also why i decided to try it out, as there are only few time-management softwares available on apple watch. Another great thing is that it allowed me to play freely even without paid subscription. I appreciated this a lot during my studenťs period of life. I use Todoist every day.it is helpful for both my personal and work life.

CONS

Its unchangable colorful scheme. The red is somehow agressive, combined with contrastive white. Would surely appreciate to be able to change colours:) Even though it is great to plan some tasks in Todoist, I am unable to track my project development.I would surely appreciate a update Which would allow me to maybe create an individual calendar, in which I would plan on my doing of the project separately from other tasks. It is tiring to be using another software for this, when could there be only one. Another detail which I noticed at the beginning is a little bit unfriendly interface of Todoist. that is why I would not recommend Todoist to my older colleagues.there are many hidden functions, which I keep on discovering, which I would like to had known before, so that they could have been put to good use.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Google calendar didnt allow me to create such a cohesive and easy-to-go-over-again schedule. Everything was chaotic. In todoist, it isn ´ t as chaotic.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Trailblazer

I really liked it. Todoist works exceptionally well, smooth like butter and does not get in the way of organizing your life. The minimalist design language was one of the first of its kind back when they first started out as an online-only service. In the meantime they have introduced native apps for all major platforms. Expect this to just work, and work well. Tags are an especially useful future as are priorities. This helps you see with a glance (or using a filtering function) what is relevant or important. Todoist is great if you want to adhere to the GTD philosophy or if you want to create your own customized system to manage your tasks. I have not used the collaborative function but would expect it to work well too.

PROS

Todoist has keyboard shortcuts down. That makes it easy and fast to navigate once you are familiar with it. Quick entry is easy and fast. The app gives you lots of ways to slice and dice your todo list, such as favorites, different priority levels and lables. Different views, such as a Kanban type of board can help organize and manage your task list. One thing that makes Todoist especially easy to use is that you can add tasks by email, you can add attachements (the word doc you need to read is right there).

CONS

I am not a fan of subscription services. The free version is great to test the service but too limited to use as daily driver. If you are ok with paying a monthly fee, then the 4$/month (3$ if you pay for the whole year upfront) is a reasonable ask. This and the sheer number of functions steered me towards an alternative as I was looking for something simpler. In my experience, more features just meant more distractions from actually checking off items on my task list.

Reason for choosing Todoist

In the end I chose an alternative to Todoist, as I am no fan of subscription services and rather pay once for a product, knowing I can use it as long as it still works with the OS I am using. But had it not been for that Todoist would have beat out Things by Cultured Code. The reason being that there are some more functionalities and the ease of use with keyboard on a computer is the best I know of.

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

A Great Way to Keep Yourself Organized and Productive

It has a lot of wiggle room. Jobs may be broken down into smaller tasks, and each task can be scheduled. Custom categories can be created by you. On the go, there's an app to keep track of things. Has access to a wide range of equipment. And you'll get daily email reminders, with a lot of encouragement, as well.

PROS

Todoist is a simple task management tool. Todoist may be accessed from a variety of devices. There are two ways to access it: online and on the go. User satisfaction will be enhanced by the fact that data is synchronized and may be modified simply. Managing task lists is a breeze because to the user-friendly layout, which makes it easy to find the most important features. It is possible to prioritize activities in Todoist, as well as add comments to each job and estimate the amount of time it will take to finish it.

CONS

You have to keep going and be aggressive in order to succeed. A to-do list might start to feel like simply another thing to check off your list if you aren't actively interested in it. That's not Todoist's fault, though. But if you're serious about utilizing it, you'll need to put in the time and effort.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Using Todoist, I learned how to prioritize my work so that I could do the most time-consuming activities first. I can now access all of my notes, lists, and other data from any computer or mobile device. Tasks can also be rearranged according to their importance.

Tim

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

The best task manager I've used; and it keeps getting better

Really good. I liked it at the start. And they continue to add more features.I can email tasks to my app. I can share sections of the app with others.

PROS

It is that rare combination of full-featured and SO easy to use.If you want to add a project, you go to the project list, right click, and choose "Add a Project."A dialogue shows up to let you add a task. You can type in "Turn in report Tues at 3 p.m." and you'll get task added that has a deadline right when you wanted. Or set up a board and track projects through stages. You can also set up sub projects and sub tasks for each task.It will tell you all the tasks due today, tomorrow, overdue, whatever timing you indicate.

CONS

You can't do dependencies. It's not great at telling you how long your project will take.You can schedule tasks way out in the future. But you can't rely on Todoist to add up the time of subtasks to tell you how long the entire task will take.

Reason for choosing Todoist

Todoist is Full featuredEasyReally good on both desktop and phone

Reasons for switching to Todoist

I like Excel for task management a lot. Particularly when I have a few projects with lots and lots of tasks. They're easy to track just as rows in an Excel spreadsheet.Where Excel falls down is a. When you're tracking LOTS of different projects and tasks b. When you want to share tasks and let different people check them off.Todoist is great for that.

Shanna

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Todoist: Where My Professional and Personal Lives Meet

Todoist is reliable, simple and collaborative. It's less glitchy than other options, and has streamlined my life so now I can spend more time knocking out my tasks and less time prioritizing work and personal tasks through multiple different systems.

PROS

The Projects Feature is the absolute best part of Todoist! I was working between a few different programs (Outlook, Google Tasks, Google Notes, Smartsheet and Evernote), and needed one central place to keep notes and to-do lists for my personal and professional life. The collaboration tools allow me and my coworkers to share notes and to-do lists on joint projects, and me and and my husband to share home renovation punch lists and store to-buy lists, all in one central place. My life feels so much more streamlined since making the switch!

CONS

Since I've worked with so many different programs, I do miss certain functionalities of other programs: the Gantt-style like Smartsheet offers, the ability to sync with my email as seamlessly as Google and Outlook, and task contingency so that not all "to-dos" are shown at once, but overall I landed on Todoist due to it's simple interface and introducing any of the those features would take away from that. The one thing I would change for new users is that it's simple, but not intuitive to schedule recurring tasks. I had to Google the answer, and while it's easy (simple typing "every Monday" after the task does the trick) it seems like putting an icon would have been a no-brainer.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

I made the switch because Evernote was glitchy, Microsoft was great for business tasks, but not merging both joint and personal, and Google Tasks didn't have the ability to group my tasks by projects and collaborate with other users.

Norzihan