All WorkOtter Reviews

Dennis

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Incredible Interactive Dashboards / Probably the best I've seen before

The guy who held a demo video call for us showed so many features. I really like it when IT companies pay a lot of attention to customer service. I've had many demo sessions before. This one was probably the best. Overall, I had a really good experience.

PROS

1) You can create a business process flow - which is super helpful. 2) Animated dashboards look awesome. You can show the change in the performance or in the number of resources over time. 3) Well Developed Project Planning - You can hover and see the critical path, etc. 4) The portfolio feature is super beneficial. If you have more than 2-3 projects, you can see the FTE depending on the project's timeline. This all is interactive, so if you move one project it will recalculate the resource allocation for you.

CONS

I would say this software for PMP's or Project Managers with Experience. Beginners will have to learn the theory first. However, so far the software is perfect.

Reasons for switching to WorkOtter

1) The Portfolio feature 100%. 2) Resource management capabilities. 3) Status reports with interactive dashboards 4) Maturity of the scheduling feature. You can really identify the critical path and track it, etc.

Marina

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

A new way to work.

From the very start I found it easy to get information about pricing options and features. What really ended up selling us on WorkOtter was that they offer a 30-day implementation plan, which is essentially a period in which they help get everything set up for the company and walk you through doing the things you need to do for the business. This was done with very detailed instructions and almost felt like they were ready to hold my hand through the process. I think some of my coworkers really needed it more than I did. Even after that 30-days had ended we found that their support staff were very knowledgeable and helpful when we ran into trouble, even though much of it was just user error on our end.

PROS

Everything about the website is easy to view and customize in a number of ways. Even the more advanced features are made easy to use. It can import from some of the older methods you might have been using, such as Excel. In the case of Microsoft projects syncing, it works both ways, so you do not have to immediately make a full switch if you have already been using that as changes will sync between the two in real time. This has been a serious bonus for my team. Attachments can be added to comments, threads, and projects. You can even respond to comments directly through the email notifications and it will show up in WorkOtter. I think we are talking about how this can be implemented for direct correspondences with contractors and customers for my organization but that has yet to be determined.

CONS

I have not really found any cons I can attribute directly to the website. The change has been a little bit off-putting to some of my coworkers, but since we previously used Microsoft Projects for much of this we have been able to easily sync everything between the old and new methods, so people can transition little at a time and at their own pace for the most part.

Reason for choosing WorkOtter

The pricing and functionality seemed to be more fair.

Abdullah

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Streamlining Project Management with WorkOtter

PROS

User-friendly interface: WorkOtter has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, making it accessible for users of all skill levels.Real-time collaboration: WorkOtter allows teams to collaborate in real-time, ensuring that everyone is on the same page and reducing the risk of miscommunication.

CONS

While WorkOtter has a user-friendly interface, some users have reported that it takes time to learn all of the features and functions of the software.

Amy

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2020

Incredibly interactive, illustrative, imaginative & engaging. Love it!

I would say 'WOW '! My experience was really great. It was far more intuitive that I expected. For even an employee of mediocre knowledge, any of our personnel would be able to get up to speed with this very quickly. So our employees wouldn't need to spend an exorbitant amount of time in training.. The reporting is truly amazing & advanced. For example, when you click on the ‘reports’ dropdown, there are so many great reports to choose from, depending on what our managers are desiring that particular day. This for me is really key. And from what I can tell so far, they are very visually appealing as well (high color, dashboard animations, seeing multiple metrics on the same dashboard, how data bubbles change over time, etc). Overall, I am very pleased with the aesthetics & ease-of-use.

PROS

I absolutely love that I would have the ability to see different views within the company (ie. Organization overview vs. Project Manager vs. Team Member).. Really nice! I am big on reporting as this is my particular role within my company now, so I LOVE that you have a ‘financials’ & ‘reports’ section to be easily found under the “projects” tab. It also appears to be nicely customizable, to change font and/or add in our Logo. The drag-between feature to create dependencies is probably something I would utilize as well. So far it appears to be VERY intuitive & user-friendly. (ie. Can easily extend out a project end-date) And since I mentioned I am big on reporting, I also am happy to hear that there is a 2-way sync with importing from Excel. PERFECT! Our team uses Asana quite heavily, & it looks like the Kanban board is very similar for work flow, so that seems like it would be very easy to utilize. I have 11 years of background in WallStreet, so I really love the ‘x-ray’ vision in the Roadmap area. Being able to see excess capacity is really amazing too to watch over personnel, & being able to try out the ‘what if scenarios’ is quite impactful.

CONS

So far, I have not found anything I do not like. I am big on reporting, & this program has everything I could ask for. Truly

Reason for choosing WorkOtter

Based upon the interactivity, the live-views of reporting, the what-if scenarios, and being able to see personnel hours, Gantt charts, Open API's, for example, are a few of the many reasons why I would choose WorkOtter over the others in the market. There are an incredible amount of reports available to choose from, as well as being able to input a certain kind of report into another. Very engaging software. Highly recommend!

Cheryl

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

WorkOtter to WorkBetter!

WorkOtter has been a pleasure to work with! It is extremely user friendly for our most tech-savvy employees to those who struggle with new technology. I highly recommend this software for project management needs.

PROS

Everyone at my company loves WorkOtter! It has been a great addition to organize and properly resource our tasks and projects. The sandbox is a great resource to plan out future possibilities and move tasks around as needed. I especially love how the dashboards can be customized per user, giving everyone exactly what they need in one easy to use dashboard. The animations integrated with the dashboard is a wonderful bonus and the perfect way to view all the data. Another nice feature with the dashboards is that it categorizes urgent tasks so I'm not sifting through a lot of information to get to the important tasks for the day. This software is perfect for individual user and integrates perfectly for team use across the board!

CONS

We have no complaints so far with the use of this software, it's been great!

Reason for choosing WorkOtter

WorkOtter was my choice because it's user friendly for everyone in my company. The interactive dashboards are perfect for what we need and I can see using this long term across different projects.

I wanted more features.

Aaron

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Where has WorkOtter been my entire PM life???

Our small but growing agency has been using a combination of Asana and Smartsheets for years. This is because a large portion of our team are creatives (designers/video editors), we used Asana for internal comms and the KANBAN style board to get this work from ideation to development, and finally to distribution. We used smartsheets to keep our client's up-to-date with completed work doneand invoicing. As our work has gotten more complex, we started seeing the need to fully combine these two systems: automate.io was the only solution on the market and even this looked like it would make things more complicated to keep the system working over time. We needed something that worked and didn't require constant updates to the API. Thats's when we were told about WorkOtter. Our sales person was able to answer all of our questions, and helped us find solutions to our current Best Practices. It was like he had a solution for everything we threw at him!

PROS

- Our WorkOtter rep Dave, gave our team the best possible training. It only took us 3.5 weeks to get our entire team onboarded and using the program. - The open APIs allow us to sync with various sytems including JIRA and even excel sheets. This allows us to pipe data directly to our clients! - Dashboards that can be customized. What's even more amazing is that these dashboards are community-based, so improvements and additions are being made constantly. - Most important for us, since we are always on the road, is the ability of the system to work well as a mobile experience.

CONS

Onboarding was great, but getting that started took a bit of time. Not so much a CON for the software or its team.....everyone's resources have been stretched thin due to COVID-19. We'll get through this!

Reason for choosing WorkOtter

‐ The ability to quickly switch between interactive ‐ Portfolio management is best in class, I haven't seen other PM programs with this many features. ‐ Gantt charts too! ‐ APIs are completely open, and allow us to pipe information to our clients without trouble. Any issues we had, the WorkOtter team was extremely helpful. It's hard to get service like that from most of the PM software you can find in the market today. - Very easy to use.

Reasons for switching to WorkOtter

We outgrew our ability to use Asana and Smartsheets together.

Amelia

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Platform to grow with

Great experience! The 30 day implementation plan launched us into using WorkOtter effectively and helped us grow into the tools and capabilities. The support team is fabulous and invested in our success.

PROS

I love this product for it's gorgeous, easy-to-use dashboards. It's so customizable and intuitive in matters of personalization. You can tell that visual displays of data and reports are important to the developers. The resource management tools are also very helpful, both for planning and post-mortem. The predictive portfolio timeline features is a great tool for allocating work to different teams or people, and it's easy to compare actual hours worked with forecasts, in order to better predict in the future.

CONS

The powerful tools can be a lot to take in at first! The on-boarding process is very helpful, with excellent support, but a some adjustment was needed to take full advantage of the software.

Reason for choosing WorkOtter

The interactive dashboards were a key tool we were looking for and we were also very drawn by the personalized training and implementation plans for onboarding, since that was our biggest concern.

Heather

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Amazing software- definitely recommend

Sales staff is always helpful and available.

PROS

Keeps my work streamlined to meet deadlines effectively and effectively. Ability to see and arrange projects into a portfolio and then try out different resource plans

CONS

I haven’t found anything I don’t like. I continue to find areas that align with my business and daily needs.

Reason for choosing WorkOtter

The software had everything I was looking for and more.

Reasons for switching to WorkOtter

Looking for something user friendly and cost efficient.

Tope

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Workotter fits my organizations projects like a glove

It was easy to work with the engineer from Workotter to personalize our software and dashboards to the needs of my company. The 30 days implementation plan gave us the peace of mind and enough time to get acquainted with the system while knowing assistance is always at hand. The support team have been excellent so far and very knowledgeable when i contact them.

PROS

I love that the software was personalize to my company's projects. It also syncs easily to Microsoft excel which enables me to work on excel when i want to and easily transfer into the software. In a world of team collaboration, this software does a fantastic job.

CONS

None so far. Everything has been working great since we started using it.

Reasons for switching to WorkOtter

We needed a software that was easy to use, more interactive and personalized to our projects

Anastasiia

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Efficient project management in just one place. All inclusive!

With the rapid expansion of our company, we did not want to lose a track of all running projects. Our PM team expanded but there was no PMO, so we had to learn our way around. WorkOtter came in very handy, and it was very easy to start managing projects' portfolio on short notice.Additionally, we were looking for a way to plan resources better.

PROS

Great combination of project and resources planning; easy and fast to onboard and use

CONS

That I got to know about WorkOtter so late

Reasons for switching to WorkOtter

Searched for a smarter tool; wanted to get away from Microsoft software in our department

Laura

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Team collaboration at it's finest.

Being able to see upfront pricing allows for faster decision making when comparing products. Questions about the product were answered quickly and their knowledge helps to understand the full capacity of the program and features.

PROS

The Gantt chart with features to make adjustments and review timeline possibilities. Building dashboards to collaborate better with team members. The syncing features help to improve documents and allows for better communication.

CONS

There really are not any cons to the software itself. With a little bit of a learning curve, the software is very useful and provides many features that are needed in project management.

Reasons for switching to WorkOtter

The software is easy to use and offers more features.

Hessel

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2018

It is outstanding project management software system that is rich in features.

It is an incredibly useful PM-system and it really helps the PMs to manage their projects. In addition, it has an outstanding dashboard option which makes it easy to generate real time dashboard reports. This means that the PM can focus on running his/her projects and can communicate adequately with management without having to spend hours on weekly reports. Trust me, I have been there as a PMO and with other systems, the PMs have to agonize over reports. WorkOtter enables generating reports with the flick of a finger (literally)! Another benefit is resource management, which is often missing in PM systems. They often make it easy to assign resources to tasks, but it doesn't help if you can't see who is over allocated. With WorkOtter, it is easy to see and also to move resources between tasks. Finally, WorkOtter syncs with 'familiar' tools such as MS Project or Jira. This made it easier for me to get to use it, as I have lots of experience with them.

PROS

I have used numerous PM software systems and they each tend to focus on certain features. WorkOtter has numerous features which means it makes it much easier for PMs to manage their projects. For example, it has a section to initiate requests, which is usually missing. It has comprehensive resource management and the reporting module is an absolute dream! I could go on and on, but this section has specifically asked for what I like "most"! I am a PMP-certified PM and, as such, am really particular about PM-software. I have used industry standard software for a number of years and when one takes a look at WorkOtter, one can see immediately that that one has been short changed. WorkOtter is the ONLY software system that I have used that has features that should be basic in any PM-system.

CONS

I personally really like the interactive nature of the system, but I think that slightly less technical users may need to undergo a learning curve in order to get the full benefit. Imagine graphs that can be dissected and dragged and dropped to look more meaningful! Yes, you may need to try a bit to get it right, but once you get the hang of it, you will fly!

Nabil

Construction, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

Great product, exceptional support team and easy to use, highly recommended for small to medium scale organizations.

PROS

- The software is capable to cover all the aspects of a project from inception, negotiation and contract signing until final handover. - The option of Portfolio Management is unique and gave me the flexibility to manage multiple projects and allocate required resources based on the progress of each individual project. - Ability to exchange data with Excel and other office softwares gives great flexibility for an smooth kick-off of the software with minimum data input.

CONS

- Until now, myself and my team have not found any significant shortfall that is worth mentioning regarding this software.

Reason for choosing WorkOtter

Easy to configure and use, support is immediate and efficient, better pricing scheme.

Chester

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

WorkOtter: A Dream come true for every Project Managers

It was a wonderful and satisfying experience with WorkOtter. I must admit there were challenges but their 30 days implementation plan really worked wonder. We were never worried because the support teams were really knowledgeable and were there to support us until we have successfully have deployed the system.

PROS

One thing that I really liked about Workotter is the way how we can customize the displays. It gives Project Managers a lot of flexibility to customize the dashboard into his own style. It offers simple and a very easy way on how to create your own custom menu, where you can assign your own categories and reports. This saves a lot of time getting the right information or data that you want. Truly, this is one of the strong assets of Workotter. Another great thing about WorkOtter is their support team. they have answered my queries in the fastest manner and more importantly they are friendly. They have handled all of my queries during the 30 days implementation and so far I am more than satisfied with their support.

CONS

As per evaluation, so far we are very happy with Workotter. Though, we encountered some challenges setting it up, but all of those are just minor concerns that has been fixed already. The experience so far has been great. They have an amazing support that helps us set our business up and running. We know we made the right choice with Workotter.

Ilya

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Just amazing set of tools and functionality! There is everything I need in one place.

We became better organized on the portfolio and projects levels. We have better control on smaller things, which always slip away. The most important outcome is that we can see the better picture now and make better decisions.

PROS

I'd like specifically highlight Dashboards, Reports and the whole entire set of available analytical tools. It's very easy to set them up and adjust on the fly. So, you can make better decisions in very short times. Also, all the dashboards are tailored to the user's role. Moreover, you can build your own dashboards, which is very helpful. It's very easy and convenient to start using the solution, but at the same time it has advanced PM features (issues, risks, changes, status reporting). You can easily keep track of status on the projects and assigned team members with work, So, you will be always on time. System has various very useful 2-way integrations with other ones like JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project. So, you will never feel the pain of system migration.

CONS

This solution is so powerful, I couldn't find any significant drawbacks. English is the only language supported and there is single currency available, but I do believe that this is just a matter of time and would be solved very soon.

Ilya and her team were rock stars and made implementing the project and portfolio features so easy on us. We also appreciate your willingness to share your dashboards with our other users via the dashboard library. We have had many positive comments on the resource and executive dashboard you built and your willingness to "pay it forward" is a testament to your passion for PPM practices!

Replied November 2018

Nick

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

More than project management

Having used many different project management tools, WorkOtter seems to take the best of each and combine it into one system. As someone who leads a team, it's been fairly easy for me to onboard project managers and other stakeholders who need access to our projects and workflows.

PROS

I really like the ability to customize displays as different members of our management team prefer to view the dashboard in other configurations. It makes working with a team pretty simple and allows us to constantly adapt as we build out our projects through the software. There are a lot of ways to automate aspects of team collaboration which has been helpful for us not having to delegate those tasks to someone else. It's been easy to get our team to buy into the system with the email updates sent out to our management team. Naturally with any new software certain members of the team aren't as quick to learn the whole system but the emails allow those who aren't as comfortable on the platform get a snapshot of various projects and extract the necessary data. The software also integrates with a number of other web apps and software using their API's so we've been able to continue to use our favorite tools and we are now using them more efficiently since it's tied into our project management system.

CONS

No glaring issues with the software, everything has been working well. There are some features we use regularly that are only available in the desktop version but it hasn't really prevented us from doing what we need to do.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees