Workzone

Workzone Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Best thing about the software is the ease of use."
  • icon"It doesn't have some of the flashy features others might, but often those systems are super pricey, or don't work as advertised."
  • icon"Customer service is great. The WZ team is always looking to improve their product and service."
  • icon"I dont like that anyone on the team can accidentally mark your task complete."
  • icon"It takes a bit to constantly update the timeline when items are stalled in reviews/approvals, but that will be the case with any project management software."
  • icon"Finding/navigating the time tracking task is a little strange."

Have you used Workzone and would like to share your experience with others?

All Workzone Reviews

Dan

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Alright Project Management Tool

Simple and clean Project Management Tool

Overall this is a good and simple project management software to have which can help to get your work done, though it lacks a lot of the fancy features that some fo the competitors provide.

Pros

One of the simple and easiest project management tools to implement as this is web based. Quite intuitive , less cluttered and easy to use. Possess all the good features of MS Excel and MS Project, which have been nicely integrated into a nice simple layout. Allows to share documents and message across the team, good for collaboration. Sends email notifications for tasks and sub tasks which is an amazing feature to have.

Cons

No apps support on Google play or Apple Store, but can open in most of the browsers and hence serves its purpose.

Christine

Great Project Management tool!

My team uses this for our corporate marketing efforts. We support all internal teams with collateral, graphic design, powerpoint deck creation, landing page and website updates, internal emails, external emails, social media posts, etc. We use Workzone to keep track of all of our deliverables and to show the value we are bringing to our business.

Pros

I really like the features and functionality and the customer service for this tool. You can tell that the company really cares, and they help me solve for specific project management organization and reporting issues that my team faces, and taught me some best practices for utilizing this tool to solve for our problems. Great tool if you have multiple team members and multiple projects going on at once. My favorite feature is the calendar, and how you can select which tasks you want to appear on the calendar. Great in helping our team have greater visibility to everything going on each day.

Cons

The price is steep for multiple users, we have about 20 users. They do have a tiered pricing structure, but it's still more expensive than our previous tool.

Basecamp

Reasons for choosing Workzone

We needed to be able to track each task for different categories. We have to track how many deliverables we are producing for each internal department. The category feature let us track how many tasks were attributed to each department. For example, we built a landing page for the email marketing team, a powerpoint deck for the sales team, etc. and I have to report on what tasks we are completing for all internal teams, on a monthly and quarterly basis. Workzone makes this easy!

William

Industry: Writing and Editing

August 2022

WorkZone is a Plus

We still don't use WZ to it's full potential but it has been a game-changer.

Pros

Ongoing support and training. The complete flexibility and customization options. Frequent upgrades and new features added often.

Cons

Initially users were not crazy about the timelines and how they updated. However, these were specific to our workflow and we simply turned off that feature and tailored it to our environment.

Reasons for choosing Workzone

Ongoing training and support.

Kyle

Great tool, still in need of some improvement, service team is excellent

Overall it has been a very positive experience. The software does nearly everything we need it to do and does it pretty well. The customer service is great.

Pros

I like the ability to link tasks and create in-depth project templates. I like the reporting capabilities for resource management and hours tracking. I like the functionality of commenting and emailing through workzone all associated with a task and/or project.

Cons

The resource management reporting is in need of some crucial updates. The main issue currently is that it only removes hours that are marked complete. This is not helpful and can create major scheduling and resource management issues when a large task is 90% complete, but the reporting shows it as 0% complete. The other major inconvenience is not being able to batch select tasks without having to check each tasks' check box. When you're deleting or moving or editing hundreds of tasks it is incredibly cumbersome. If you could select the top one hold shift and select the bottom one it would be a major time saver.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for choosing Workzone

Pricing was better than the high end and functionality was better than the low end. Also the support seemed like it would be much more helpful than the high end products.

Jodi

Excellent Customer Service

A lot of agency will use several different platforms and you don't always realize that when its all very easily tracked in one place it drastically simplifies the process for your team. It really saves a lot of time by streamlining tasks and projects.

Pros

You have a designated customer success person working with you regularly to ensure you're getting the most out of the product. If you have any questions they are incredibly quick to respond and you always get a real person who is very knowledgable of the product.

Cons

I don't have a lot to say for cons. If there are any concerns, they address them right away. Even with implementation they'll jump in with suggestions if your team is struggling.

Reasons for choosing Workzone

I used Workzone at a pervious company and already knew it very well.

Reasons for switching to Workzone

We wanted to be able to track individual tasks w/in a project and see progress of a project at a glance. Our previous software didn't allow that and it was also not user friendly. An additional reason was the customer support was completely lacking with our previous software.

Joseph

Industry: Medical Devices

A welcome addition to our project management arsenal

Business problems are the quest to keep the myriad projects we have established moving forward. We have had more than 500 projects, many of them Campaigns with multiple sub tasks and deliverables, and it shows management what progress has been made, and where our manpower issues are in relation to the amount of work being produced.

Pros

Notifications are the key to keeping everyone honest. You know when your work is due. It's easy to use, and logical, once you figure out how the platform works. My coworkers begrudgingly respect it, but don't always embrace it. It has kept us honest and gives a clear-eyed view of the state of projects, either from the 10 feet level or the 10,000 foot level.

Cons

No, there are some quirks that you have to understand. My boss doesn't like to check off his tasks in "Approval Requested" and then "Creative Approval", but I understand why it's like this, so I'm OK with it. There was some initial resistance to the platform by some on the tea, but training and use have made that situation better.

Reasons for choosing Workzone

It had the best integration, functionality, training and reputation.

WorkZone is a great tool!

Pros

Requests forms, dashboard, project lists, mark-up tool, and reports.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this tool; it's been very useful.

Trello

Reasons for switching to Workzone

We needed a more robust project management system. WorkZone has been a really useful tool for us; it's been a great way for us to manage the many projects we have on our plate at any given time.

Erin

Workzone is a great Project Management and file sharing tool!

Great, the team is amazing and super helpful

Pros

Large file sharing and ease of use and organization

Cons

I like everything and am still learning more every day

Basecamp

Reasons for choosing Workzone

I am not sure, I was not involved in the decision making of why Workzone was chosen, but I am happy it was.

Michele

WrokZone-Project Management One stop shop

Overall experience with WZ has been great and I don't say that lightly. WorkZone has helped transform our PMO and our enterprise. We have been with WZ since 2015. The driver behind us looking for a solution and selecting WZ was primarily driven by the lack of transparency in our organization and the WZ tool provides the visibility we need from a project, resource perspective as well as providing the organization the enterprise picture of all projects in the works, upcoming and ones to be reviewed.

Pros

We all know that moving or using different tools brings inherit challenges but with the WorkZone platform, the transition is pretty simple. The platform itself is really user friendly, there are training modules, videos, how to guides and an awesome sales/support team to help your organization through the process. Key benefit take-aways-ease of resource use, easy set-up, PMO 1 stop solution from project requests (project intake process), document management for projects, time tracking of resource tasks and portfolio reporting (must have for my company) and other key reporting reports are already built into the system. The ability to comment and tag people for input has also been extremely value add as all of those comments go into WZ and you can see the history before the project was assigned or kicked off.

Cons

There are a couple idiosyncrasies from a project management perspective. None of which are showstoppers and have easy workarounds. PM's seem to be continually challenged using FS (finish to start) for task planning. No critical path-this is actually an upcoming WZ to-do No project to project dependencies-this is actually an upcoming WZ to-do No true milestones (0days duration)-WZ is time based so every tasks needs time allocated. 1min is the workaround we use along with the milestone category.

Workzone: The Professional Project Management Tool

Personally, I would definitely recommend Workzone if the price is not a problem, as it has many useful features and unlimited support and training.

Pros

Workzone is a powerful project management tool that has many professional features like client management, collaboration tools, time tracking and resource planning. Workzone hits the sweet spot between simple and too complex project management tools as it provides just enough features for professionals to use easily, without being overly difficult to use. It is also very versatile and is able to mesh with many different types of businesses or teams. This is definitely a great plus for businesses who wish to deploy Workzone across different departments. Another really useful feature I’ve found is task dependencies. This is where you link two tasks together and if one cannot be started without completing the other. Finally, the support is truly incredible as you can contact the Workzone support team every weekday during working hours through email or phone. Furthermore, there is an extensive knowledge base on the Workzone website where you can learn through FAQ’s, webinars and videos.

Cons

The biggest downside with Workzone is the hefty price tag of about $24-43 each user but this is somewhat justified because of the reliable support you receive and the unlimited training available for users. There is also a bit of a learning curve to Workzone but this is to be expected with project management tools but due to their many learning resources, Workzone is actually better than most.

Rachel

Great tool for any Project Manager

We manage several hundred construction projects from bidding, to design to shipping. These projects can run for years and Workzone has helped us stay organized. We have all the information about he job at our fingertip. Reminders helps us stay on top of projects before due dates. The ease of the platform allows everyone (designers, sellers and yard operators ) the ability to stay on task by sharing and pass the baton when their part is done. This has helped us reduce errors, ensure deadlines are met and spend less time looking for information.

Pros

We have been using this software for about three years now and cannot imagine life without it. Best thing about the software is the ease of use. For a software that's so robust, it's quite intuitive. The team have been able to figure out how to navigate around with minimal training. We also like that we can store files with the tasks and can set reminders. Although we haven't had to use them a whole lot, customer service has been very responsive.

Cons

Getting reports is not idea, but this may be more what we need. Reporting functionality if fine and I can usually extract the information I need and manipulate it to get what I want.

Great Product, Easy to use.

I have been very happy with Workzone. Having come from using MS Project Server, Workzone is a much easier piece of software to use for Project Management. MS Project is a bit too robust and not easy to scale down. Customer service has been great, quarterly status update meetings and training how to sessions are above and beyond. Having the same customer success manager really gives it a personal feel.

Pros

Ease of use, short learning curve for new users. Simplified format. Fantastic customer support.

Cons

Would be nice to have more plug-ins or API for our Microsoft products

Microsoft Project

Cost, ease of use.

Beverly

Reduced the overwhelming

I now see mostly everything that comes in and goes out of my team which is huge. I have been wanting project management software for years and finally got everyone on board. Its a great tool that shows how much work my team does so now people believe we are overwhelmed and I can use that to leverage.

Pros

This is mostly an easy product to figure out and very intuitive. I have to train people to use all the time and most get it quickly. This product has given me much better visibility over my teams projects and an easy way to review and comment as well as send out materials for review.

Cons

Sometimes when I search for a project it doesn't come up even though there so takes a bit sometimes to find things - as we have so many open projects. I also have to change project names regularly as people submit using the same names which system doesn't allow once make into a project. But it's easy to change once I make it a project.

Reasons for choosing Workzone

The demo was right up our ally showing how a creative department can work. My team was sold with the demo.

Great Experience with WorkZone

WorkZone has been very helpful in supporting our internal marketing and review processes. We needed a central source for our projects and documents, and WorkZone provided the perfect solution.

Pros

We chose this software because of the dual functionality...the project management and document storage/sharing. It's very intuitive and easy to use, and was easy to set up initially. Customer support is very responsive with training and any issues we have had....as well as very open to suggestions when we find something we would "like" to be able to do.

Cons

None that I can think of. Maybe a few idiosyncrasies in managing date changes, but with regular usage it became easier to manage.

Reasons for choosing Workzone

I had prior experience with WorkZone and knew it was the perfect solution for the needs we had at my current organization.

Kevin