Zenkit

Zenkit Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Free version fully equiped, super customer care, really nice brand identity."
  • icon"Zenkit is very affordable with a sleek interface that is very intuitive. There is excellent documentation for its many uses as well as video tutorials and blogs that are invaluable to new users."
  • icon"Customer support is outstanding. There are also a lot of nice features, such as cross-referencing and formulas that are very handy."
  • icon"The App is pretty bad in usability and a real painpoint. The reminder block everything."
  • icon"Some lack of proper documentation which makes it difficult to understand at first."
  • icon"One obstacle I see is that every time I rolled on a new team member, I had to explain them how to do things and what are the tricks."

Browse all Zenkit Reviews

• Have you used Zenkit and would like to share your experience with others?

Elizabeth Leigh

Beautifully tracks my business processes and assets

Zenkit allows me to track progress of client projects and embed Kanban views onto private client pages of my company's website—essentially powering my business's client portals. I also use it to track business expenses, save receipts and other documents, and control my work calendar. I love that I can access is on both my desktop and phone.

Pros

Cons

The data storage limits are relatively low. Free users can store up to 1GB of file attachments, but "Plus" users ($9/mo) only receive 6GB.

Reasons for choosing Zenkit

Zenkit was more intuitive to learn and less expensive overall. Airtable does offer more data storage, however.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Dear Elizabeth, Thank you very much for your kind feedback! We appreciate it. We are happy to hear, you are enjoying Zenkit. Please don't hesitate to send us any questions, feedback or suggestions for improvement via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Nothing's perfect but for what I need Zenkit comes close

I have been using tools of this type for years. I've invested more time than I want to admit to using tools for planning. I'm a big mindmap user. I use it as a way to get organized when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I also use spreadsheets often as to-do lists. I also make use of kanban boards at work and in my own personal projects. And finally I have been hooked for a long time on the use of labels/tags to organize things. Zenkit is the first product I've used that allows you to do all of these things on the same data.

Pros

I like that Zenkit treats my list of issues as a database and provides me many ways to look at it and manipulated it. This was the initial hook for me and it's kept me hooked. I can view my issues as a list, a kanban board, a table, a hierarchy, and a mindmap. These are just the views I use. There are others. I haven't used the Gantt chart or the wiki views yet. All of the good planning tools have the same basic fields -e.g. Title, description, the ability to leave notes and to attach things. It's this ability to turn my issues list on it's side so-to-speak and explore it that is amazing. It keeps my from getting overwhelmed by the details and lost in the forest. The other thing I like most about this software is how flexible it is with the fields. For example each of my workspaces has what I call an anchor collection. I was able to add a custom field in each of my issues that allows me to link any one of the other issues in a workspace back to its anchor. I use this anchor as a way to collect information that anchors all of the issues to it. Sounds like a confusing workflow? The workflow isn't the point - it turns out that as I have gotten to know Zenkit I'm starting to lean away from the use of anchors and create more collections instead. The truly amazing thing here is that I had a low barrier to getting productive with Zenkit. I was able to morph the product to my workflow to get started. It didn't enforce "a way of thinking" on me.

Cons

The user interface took a bit of getting used to. Your issues can become cluttered as you add more custom fields. I'm still getting used to how the filters work as well.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

I had been making todoist work for me. I really liked the interface and it was pretty flexible. It didn't have all of the flexibility that I wanted but it was and is a rock solid product. There was a product change in a new release that broke my workflow in a way that was painful. It had to do with how the product handled completed tasks. I took a deep breath and took a look around and I found zenkit. It took a bit to get used of the look and feel but I was blown away because it looked at my issues in the way I want to look at them. I was using visual paradigm to help me visualize my projects with mind maps and flowcharts (BPMs). I still use it but this tool is overkill for what I use it for. It's targeted at software developers, but It has been the most flexible tool I've found for visualizing plans. It has been adding task lists,etc but like I said, it's overkill for my needs. I used Jira for a long time. I ran a local server on my PC. In my humble opinion it comes closest to doing what zenkit does as far as allowing you to slice and dice your data. It's also overkill. I had to administer it, maintain individual licenses for add-ons, etc. I had already moved away from Jira to Todoist before I switched to Zenkit. The Brain - I still use this daily but it's a data collector and not as good at being a planning tool. I tried to make it a planning tool during my search for a todoist replacement I looked seriously at toodledoo and tick tick also

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Thank you so much for your five-star review! We really appreciate it. Please don't hesitate to send any other feedback or suggestions for improvement to us via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

November 2022

Finish your projects on time.

Pros

I found it very functional for tracking projects. I was able to develop and present my projects as I wanted until the delivery date.

Cons

The user interface is very complex. Working out is tiring and gives a headache.

Arthur

Industry: Research

Using Zenkit for Research Projects

Overall experience: fantastic. I've been using it as my primary platform for organizing/managing projects for a couple of years now. Haven't found anything that good yet.

Pros

Zenkit interface is highly configurable, which makes it ideal to collaborate with team members with different technical backgrounds. One of the most amazing characteristics though is that any data can be relational - pretty much like in a RDB - and you can create your own data structures to organize yourself as you prefer.

Cons

The mindmap representation is a bit different of what one's used to find in mindmapping-related software, but this seems to be mostly due to web components limitations.

Best customization overall.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

Trello was too restricted in terms of organization (especially nested and cross-related project items)

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Dear Arthur, Thank you very much for your kind feedback! We appreciate it. Please don't hesitate to send any questions, feedback or suggestions for improvement to us via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Best Software for Information Management

We couldn't live without it, the whole business runs on Zenkit.

Pros

The standard views replace any kanban board out there, the other views add a lot more.

Cons

Sometimes, performance is a little sub-optimal (especially on the app), but in the past two years a lot has happened and the team has improved this point already. Looking forward to the next updates.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

Zenkit has all the features of Trello, Wunderlist, etc and adds a lot more.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Thank you so much for your five-star review! Please feel free to drop us any feedback or suggestions for improvement via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Tom

Cooles Tool

Monstertool, wäre schön, wenn es viel weiter verbreitet wäre!

Pros

Die Vielfalt der Funktionen und die hohe Parametrisierbarkeit. One fits all...

Cons

Hoher Aufwand sich die Vielfältigkeit zu erschließen.

Reasons for choosing Zenkit

Wegen der vielfältigen Visualisierungen der verwendeten Daten.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Lieber Tom, Vielen Dank für dein Feedback! Da Zenkit eine Vielzahl an Features und Funktionen hat, bieten wir neben unserem Support auch unsere Wissensdatenbank an, in der die einzelnen Funktionen alle genau erklärt und beschrieben werden. Wir arbeiten stets daran, Zenkit zu verbessern. Falls du weitere Anregungen oder Feedback hast, schreibe diese gerne an service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Replied November 2021

Alex

Agile Project Management Made Easy

Suddenly I have more time to help my project expand and offer greater service to our customers.

Pros

After only using Trello for project management for years I decided to explore various other options to help optimize the management of our project. Zenkit is super user friendly with loads of templates and documentation to get you started. I am really looking forward to use the full potential of this great piece of software.

Cons

I do not have any cons when using Zenkit, so far I have only had an excellent experience.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

Trello was very limiting and I needed to find a more inclusive program to assist with daily administration.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Dear Alex, we are happy to hear, you are enjoying Zenkit so far. Thank you for your kind feedback. We appreciate it! Please don't hesitate to shoot us an email with suggestions for improvement, feedback or questions! We are looking forward to hearing from you! Cheers, Louisa

Replied January 2022

Sci-fi tool for the job

I have clarified and streamlined several internal processes for myself.

Pros

Intuitive familiar by Trello cards interface. With style. User-friendly, easy to navigate, scalable. Various useful functionalities.

Cons

Not sure, the only thing I noticed is the constant comparison with Trello.

Reasons for choosing Zenkit

Ease to start working and involve in process with Zenkit.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

To try something new at work.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Dear Andrew, Thank you so much for your five-star review! Please don't hesitate to send any feedback or suggestions for improvement to us via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Denise

Great potential - in the right hands, could be your one tool for complete project management

Pros

I found this software when searching for a simple web-based relational database to be shared between me and another academic researcher, we need to organize some research data for a digital humanities project. It meets that need, however, it's also much deeper than that. It has project management features (Kanban, Agile, simple checklists), calendars, basically a one-stop-shop for running a project, including hosting simple database needs (like an inventory), which I have never seen offered in any other project management app. It also has free, fully featured iOS apps, which I have really enjoyed using. I have never been able to access my database on my phone before! (Also an Android app, but I haven't used it.) A lot of bang for the buck here, and free to use at small levels!

Cons

It's ambitious and heavily featured, but probably due to that, still buggy. I have yet to get my imported research database fully working, although I've built a sample database from scratch that works. However, customer service is very responsive (especially considering I am not a paying customer yet) and have been upfront with the problems and their time line in correcting them, so I'm going to stick it out with them for a while longer.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Hi Denise, Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and review! We are working constantly to improve stability and performance, but there are still some bugs, as you noted. Regarding the issue with your referenced collections, would you mind contacting us again via the in-app chat, or via an email to service@zenkit.com? We'll see if we can get it sorted soon :)

Replied July 2018

November 2022

Project management application

Obviously, the use of Zenkit is really satisfying

Pros

Zenkit is a good project management application that allows professionals to collaborate on projects and track progress. I like the minimal but effective interface

Cons

Beginners must learn how to use it to fully understand all its features.

Kent

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Our GQueues, Wunderlist & Trello Replacement.

We were a big wunderlist user and stopped as soon as we got wind that Microsoft was probably going to kill it. We tried Trello and had been using Gqueues and always been using Slack. Slack by default became the main collaboration tool. Downfall with Slack is QC is a little tough and very expensive depending on how your team is set-up. Zenkit makes it a lot easier to see where we have been and where we are going.

Pros

One of the best things is that both Windows/Desktop and Android are very close for UI. I also like that the same data can be looked as a List, Kanban Card (which is how we use it most) to making mindmaps, Calendar and Table. That helps for planning as well as looking at history. The 2-way Google calendar sync works well, both easy to set up and how events in Calendar show up in Zenkit The biggest thing I like is the checklist inside a Kanban Card and the "Done" that has both a check dot and also a checkmark. That allows for see a two level completion process.

Cons

It is a little quirky and setting time for example requires a little getting used to. If one's end date gets before start as you modify it will not save even if after corrected until you clear the end date and start over. After awhile you get in the habit of clearing the end date. I do miss from Trello how a checklist item can be made into a Kanban Card by a click. Had a few instances where syncing seems to lag. This is most noticeable when you are using the desktop app in windows and have it opened in a browser like Chrome. Desktop does not appear to always update on its own.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

We were able to combine most of the main features of all three apps into one app that worked across the OS platforms we use

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Dear Kent, Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate it! Items can be transferred into a task list via the collection add on "Task List". We are constantly working on making Zenkit better. Feel free to send any other feedback or suggestions to service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Replied November 2021

Stoyan

Absolutely amazing !

It makes me get organised and productive in my job. As person trying to implement and stick to the Agile methodology in my work, makes everything really easy for me.

Pros

Love the simplicity to use and the short and easy learning curve. Every functionality is placed and working kind of intuitively. I am also using the Iphone app, which is absolutely amazing as well, all the functionality of the desktop version is available every time , everywhere in my pocket. Zenkit really means one thing and this is Productivity at it's best. And last but not least is the FREEDOM to use the app without any limitations of the features ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE!!! I am a startup founder who just left his full time corporate job to pursue his dreams and at this time cash is really important for me. Zenkit to plan absolutely everything from the concept to task to be executed. Over the years i found that when brainstorming the most convenient way for me are by using Mind maps. I was using Trello, then Asana before that, but the lack of mind maps made me looking constantly for a other solutions, which will give me the opportunity to easily convert the ideas in tasks and build whole working projects. Well Zenkit does exactly this, from ideas to full projects to be managed with most effective productivity and project management techniques in the easiest possible ways. Brainstorm with Mind maps, create task and execute them in Kanban or List, then easily present or manage them as full blown tables ( i even almost stopped using Excel ). I also like is the constant evolving off the app in only positive way. The team behind it really know their job!

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Hi Stoyan, Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so glad you're enjoying Zenkit :) Please feel free to get in touch if you have any ideas or feature requests!

Replied December 2017

Mario

As we Germans say - the "egg laying woolmilkhog" :)

First of all ZENKIT got me by the amazing support and friendly people behind the product. Quick reacting, personal and really interested in what the customer is doing or requesting. The tool itself can basically do everything, from normal lists to KANBAN ending at MindMap functionality. I can use whatever I feel like and can even use employees to work on problems THEIR way while I can supervise MY way. Or work together as a team. But thats just work - I also use it in private areas. SO currently I use to manage the issues and challenges of MY PRIVATE LIFE / RALLY RACING TEAM / BIKE RACING TEAM / LUXURY CAR DEALERSHIP / CHARITY BIKERs CLUB / BARBER SHOP / PRIVATE CONSULTING COMPANY / CAR CLEANING COMPANY and so on. And I dont even use 50% of the functionality. Whatever you need to organize - ZENKIT is the tool! And if you are not sure know how to use it or what else to do with it - look at the blog entries and videos. The concept of GTD for example opened up to me through one of their blog entries! And finding a template in the tool helped to accelerate!

Pros

The many ways to enter and use the tool. App. Web. Web Offline. All relevant platforms. The many ways of handling information: list. kanban. mindmap. table. calendar. The design. Awesome. The flexibility. Need a special field to hold information? No problem, just create it. Need automated reminders, etc. No deal, enter their specifics and get reminded. The support. Individual. Quick. Listening. The numerous templates. Save time by just applying prepared configs for your individual topic.

Cons

I dont understand the question... :) Honestly, havent found a downside so far!

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Thank you so much for your thorough review, Mario! We really appreciate it and we're so happy to hear that Zenkit is able to fulfill so many uses for you! Thank you for being such a valued user and member of the Zenkit community :)

Replied August 2019

More Functionality than other project management software

I was looking for a free or freemium project management software, however, I found other project management software to be limited in what I needed it to be able to do. Zenkit fixed all of my functionality issues and then some. I can have each individual "collection" set to whatever view is best for that collection, whether that is Kanban, List, etc. I love how I can customize various fields and include key information that I need to have or be able to sort by (when I switch to Table view). I don't mind the lack of visuals (photos, icons) available via the free version and the space allowed is adequate for personal use. I definitely recommend Zenkit over other major project management tools I've worked with previously.

Pros

I love the new 2-factor authentication option even for personal (free) plans. The biggest functionality pro over any other system I've tried is the Mindmap option. Another cool option is that you can create the Mindmap even if you originally started the collection as a Kanban board. I've used this feature to great success multiple times. Additional views including List, Table, and Calendar. I like the multiple options as each project may have specific needs. I use the List for individual tasks, calendar view for my overall schedule, and Kanban for individual projects. Customization and ability to add fields (instead of being forced to only add them as comments).

Cons

The User Interface can seem a little utilitarian and not as friendly as some other software systems. No option to add additional visuals like photos or icons to individual Kanban cards until you are on a paid plan. When entering information into a Kanban card, it can be difficult to know where your cursor is if you use the tab key to move to next field.

Excellent product… Fills a unique niche

Awesome ... effective ... and the support people respond to online chat questions within a day.

Pros

This is the most effective tool/environment that I have found for navigating between a big picture "concept" (blue sky) view/conversation about a complex issue through the detailed work of executing tasks and delegating assignments for people to complete on a timely basis. In my past, I have had difficulty helping executives to understand the many moving parts to create a thorough solution. However, using Zenkit, I have been able to help people who are "visiting" an issue to understand/sponsor/champion a go-forward plan which captures their emotional as well as verbal support. More importantly, I have found the success to be repeatable – not just a one-off with a single personality-type.

Cons

The mindmap view has been critical to my success. However, because Zenkit can only print the mindmap view from a screen capture copy, I am often not comfortable handing out hardcopies because the image sometimes blurs (the online view is fine - I manage the browser setting). My one wish is that Zenkit would offer an output version which can expand without pixelating.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Hi! Thank you very much for your great review. :) There will soon be an update regarding the mindmap view. If you would like to go into detail on your suggestion of improved export of mindmaps, please feel free to message service@zenkit.com. We thoroughly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. :)

Replied September 2019

Rob

Zenkit's different views on my tasks help me get stuff done

Typically going from ideation or task breakdown through to execution. I would have started with a mindmap in freemind, then cut and pasted into Trello, but it's one way - changes in Trello are then not reflected in Freemind. Using Zenkit lets me easily flip views, I didn't re-key and the data in both views is identical. I use it to plan my holidays too :-)

Pros

Very flexible. The different views over the same data really sold it for me. I can brainstorm with a mind map, work on individual tasks on a Kanban board, use a grid for mass maintenance, all over the same data with much less setup overhead than something like Notion. I even use it to plan my holidays

Cons

Most of my "leasts" have been addressed. I was frustrated initially with the lack of an API, but they were just prioritising development and this is now released. The mind-mapping took a bit of getting used to compared to say, FreeMind, but not having to re-key anything going from Brainstorm to Kanban made it worthwhile.

Reasons for choosing Zenkit

Ease of use, minimised maintenance, functionality.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

One set of maintenance and flexibility of different views.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Dear Rob, Thank you so much for your five-star review! We appreciate it. As we are constantly working on improving Zenkit, please don't hesitate to send us any feedback, questions or suggestions for improvement via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

I LOVE this product!

Our team needs to use project/task management tools in multiple ways, so a traditional tool doesn't work for us. We tested over 250 tools. In the end, Zenkit is the only one that gives us what we need. We have a course catalog that we maintain - tracking live projects and their on-going maintenance. We also have annual goals for our team and individual team members. We provide support for a website, so have a need to track items like tickets. And finally, we get random requests that aren't attributed to annual goals and need to be tracked separately. We were able to create 4 projects in Zenkit, each with different fields, views, and uses. But they all link together. It's made us much more efficient in our workflows and reporting.

Pros

This product gives our team what we need in terms of tracking for projects and goals. But it also gives us the ability to have each team member view that information in a way that makes sense to them. It doesn't force us to use spreadsheets or kanbans, but rather gives us options. Our director loves giant spreadsheets, one teammate prefers mind maps, and I would rather see a kanban board. We each get the same data in the view we prefer.

Cons

Honestly, my only gripe is that when I need to contact support for anything, we're on different time zones. Eastern in the US for us, Germany for Zenkit. That's not really a big deal though.

Stefan