• Pros

• "Love the fact that they kept the design minimalistic and extremely functional. And of course super intuitive "

• "I love all the views and intuitive drag and drop features. "

• "I love the fact that the tool can have it on any device for free, connecting with all the tools I use in an organized and synchronized way, reminding me of even the activities that I need to do "

• Cons

• "Although it is very good for daily use, visually it is very basic, it needs more color, stickers, icon among other things to make it more attractive and people use it more regularly "

• "The card display in the kanban view, or in other views, could be more customizable for clarity purposes. Sometimes a bit sluggish, although very fast overall."

• "The mobile app can be a little slow (it's still worth having, though)."

Browse Zenkit Reviews

Elizabeth Leigh from Inkblot Strategy

Beautifully tracks my business processes and assets

Zenkit allows me to track progress of client projects and embed Kanban views onto private client pages of my company's website—essentially powering my business's client portals. I also use it to track business expenses, save receipts and other documents, and control my work calendar. I love that I can access is on both my desktop and phone.

Pros

Zenkit is very affordable with a sleek interface that is very intuitive. There is excellent documentation for its many uses as well as video tutorials and blogs that are invaluable to new users.

Cons

The data storage limits are relatively low. Free users can store up to 1GB of file attachments, but "Plus" users ($9/mo) only receive 6GB.

Reasons for Choosing Zenkit

Zenkit was more intuitive to learn and less expensive overall. Airtable does offer more data storage, however.

Nothing's perfect but for what I need Zenkit comes close

I have been using tools of this type for years. I've invested more time than I want to admit to using tools for planning. I'm a big mindmap user. I use it as a way to get organized when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I also use spreadsheets often as to-do lists. I also make use of kanban boards at work and in my own personal projects. And finally I have been hooked for a long time on the use of labels/tags to organize things. Zenkit is the first product I've used that allows you to do all of these things on the same data.

Pros

I like that Zenkit treats my list of issues as a database and provides me many ways to look at it and manipulated it. This was the initial hook for me and it's kept me hooked. I can view my issues as a list, a kanban board, a table, a hierarchy, and a mindmap. These are just the views I use. There are others. I haven't used the Gantt chart or the wiki views yet. All of the good planning tools have the same basic fields -e.g. Title, description, the ability to leave notes and to attach things. It's this ability to turn my issues list on it's side so-to-speak and explore it that is amazing. It keeps my from getting overwhelmed by the details and lost in the forest. The other thing I like most about this software is how flexible it is with the fields. For example each of my workspaces has what I call an anchor collection. I was able to add a custom field in each of my issues that allows me to link any one of the other issues in a workspace back to its anchor. I use this anchor as a way to collect information that anchors all of the issues to it. Sounds like a confusing workflow? The workflow isn't the point - it turns out that as I have gotten to know Zenkit I'm starting to lean away from the use of anchors and create more collections instead. The truly amazing thing here is that I had a low barrier to getting productive with Zenkit. I was able to morph the product to my workflow to get started. It didn't enforce "a way of thinking" on me.

Cons

The user interface took a bit of getting used to. Your issues can become cluttered as you add more custom fields. I'm still getting used to how the filters work as well.

Antonello from Doing

It really fills all the holes of Trello, but it's still young

I like the seplicity of Trello, but Zenkit has advanced funcionalities that I need a lot

Pros

It has all the funcionalities I need that are not in Trello: list, table and mind map views, side item editing, custom fields, filters. It's an evolution of Trello.

Cons

The interface is still farraginous, and not so pleasant sometimes. Android and iPhone apps are still in beta, and there is no "offline mode" on the web app.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Antonello, Thank you for your review! We really appreciate it. We will try to include offline access when we develop the desktop apps, currently it's only available in the iOS version. What don't you like about the interface? We'd love to be able to improve it with your feedback! Please feel free to get in touch.

Stephan from Wortlaut@Wolf UG

Everything in one place

I am using it on a daily basis for tracking writing projects, planning trips (I also work as a travel journalist) and collect all kinds of information in a way that I will find it again.

Pros

The fact that it combines Evernote and Todoist into one application. I replaced both apps with Zenkit and quickly changed from the free version to the next higher level. I like the individual backgrounds (for fun). I highly appreciate the wtwo-way Google Calendar integration that gives me an overview of my day and week.

Cons

It's bit pricey for a one-man show like my business. I am missing an inbox where I can simply throw my ideas as they come (although I have fond some kind of a solution for that). A web clipper would be nice to quickly pull interesting articles into Zenkit.

Reasons for Choosing Zenkit

Notion did not have a Google Calendar integration.

Nicole from Autodesk

Love this software!

Absolutely fantastic! Very easy to use and set up. I highly recommend this for any team!

Pros

Ease of use, all the different ways to keep track of my tasks and associate them. There were so many ways to view and sort the data. It really helped me keep track of items and prioritize them.

Cons

I definitely would like a little more capabilities in the Mind Map specifically around additional grouping or associating tasks to one another

More functionality and flexibility

Pablo from Spoon Food Tours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

One tool, many solutions.

Our teams were getting saturated with the amount of projects and the moving parts we were keeping track of. Zenkit allowed for some clarity and the process itself streamlined our workflows as well as developed a database that we constantly refer to.

Pros

The multiple views allows us to craft specific solutions related to our projects. Mindmaps for meetings and brainstorms. Lists for task management. We like it very much.

Cons

The fine grained customizability was somewhat daunting for most new users. It's very power made them afraid to learn it's functions freely. They worried about breaking it somehow. Usually watching the videos was enough.

Reasons for Choosing Zenkit

Aesthetics. Free for our team size. Functions included. Adaptability (what we call it's programmability).

Alex from Stratusolve

Agile Project Management Made Easy

Suddenly I have more time to help my project expand and offer greater service to our customers.

Pros

After only using Trello for project management for years I decided to explore various other options to help optimize the management of our project. Zenkit is super user friendly with loads of templates and documentation to get you started. I am really looking forward to use the full potential of this great piece of software.

Cons

I do not have any cons when using Zenkit, so far I have only had an excellent experience.

Rob from Ringbase IT Solutions Pty Ltd

Zenkit's different views on my tasks help me get stuff done

Typically going from ideation or task breakdown through to execution. I would have started with a mindmap in freemind, then cut and pasted into Trello, but it's one way - changes in Trello are then not reflected in Freemind. Using Zenkit lets me easily flip views, I didn't re-key and the data in both views is identical. I use it to plan my holidays too :-)

Pros

Very flexible. The different views over the same data really sold it for me. I can brainstorm with a mind map, work on individual tasks on a Kanban board, use a grid for mass maintenance, all over the same data with much less setup overhead than something like Notion. I even use it to plan my holidays

Cons

Most of my "leasts" have been addressed. I was frustrated initially with the lack of an API, but they were just prioritising development and this is now released. The mind-mapping took a bit of getting used to compared to say, FreeMind, but not having to re-key anything going from Brainstorm to Kanban made it worthwhile.

Reasons for Choosing Zenkit

Ease of use, minimised maintenance, functionality.

Stefan from Foliendiscounter

Great Tool for our business

We tried wunderlist, but zenkit simply offers better features for us

Pros

Zenkit is easy and fast and offers great features

Cons

Actually, there is nothing. But we are looking forward to further functions

Tilanka from University of RUHUNA

Best tool for Project Management

As a student,Zenkit has the ability to organize academic projects very easy and free.In the industry, as Project managers we can deliver more effective and productive projects for the customers with standards.

Pros

Zenkit is a simple and user-friendly project management application which can use very easily. Team projects and single projects related to academic and industrial, makes very easy to handle. It gives you so many options like team Inbox,bulk actions,drag and drop to manage task and projects . It has mind mapping functions. It supports many operating systems.

Cons

Sometimes it makes distracting. If group has more than 5 members, we have to upgrade the account to a premium plan, so it make big difficult.

Stoyan from Consultant

Absolutely amazing !

It makes me get organised and productive in my job. As person trying to implement and stick to the Agile methodology in my work, makes everything really easy for me.

Pros

Love the simplicity to use and the short and easy learning curve. Every functionality is placed and working kind of intuitively. I am also using the Iphone app, which is absolutely amazing as well, all the functionality of the desktop version is available every time , everywhere in my pocket. Zenkit really means one thing and this is Productivity at it's best. And last but not least is the FREEDOM to use the app without any limitations of the features ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE!!! I am a startup founder who just left his full time corporate job to pursue his dreams and at this time cash is really important for me. Zenkit to plan absolutely everything from the concept to task to be executed. Over the years i found that when brainstorming the most convenient way for me are by using Mind maps. I was using Trello, then Asana before that, but the lack of mind maps made me looking constantly for a other solutions, which will give me the opportunity to easily convert the ideas in tasks and build whole working projects. Well Zenkit does exactly this, from ideas to full projects to be managed with most effective productivity and project management techniques in the easiest possible ways. Brainstorm with Mind maps, create task and execute them in Kanban or List, then easily present or manage them as full blown tables ( i even almost stopped using Excel ). I also like is the constant evolving off the app in only positive way. The team behind it really know their job!

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied December 2017

Hi Stoyan, Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so glad you're enjoying Zenkit :) Please feel free to get in touch if you have any ideas or feature requests!

More Functionality than other project management software

I was looking for a free or freemium project management software, however, I found other project management software to be limited in what I needed it to be able to do. Zenkit fixed all of my functionality issues and then some. I can have each individual "collection" set to whatever view is best for that collection, whether that is Kanban, List, etc. I love how I can customize various fields and include key information that I need to have or be able to sort by (when I switch to Table view). I don't mind the lack of visuals (photos, icons) available via the free version and the space allowed is adequate for personal use. I definitely recommend Zenkit over other major project management tools I've worked with previously.

Pros

I love the new 2-factor authentication option even for personal (free) plans. The biggest functionality pro over any other system I've tried is the Mindmap option. Another cool option is that you can create the Mindmap even if you originally started the collection as a Kanban board. I've used this feature to great success multiple times. Additional views including List, Table, and Calendar. I like the multiple options as each project may have specific needs. I use the List for individual tasks, calendar view for my overall schedule, and Kanban for individual projects. Customization and ability to add fields (instead of being forced to only add them as comments).

Cons

The User Interface can seem a little utilitarian and not as friendly as some other software systems. No option to add additional visuals like photos or icons to individual Kanban cards until you are on a paid plan. When entering information into a Kanban card, it can be difficult to know where your cursor is if you use the tab key to move to next field.

Mario from MERTEL Italo Cars Nürnberg GmbH

As we Germans say - the "egg laying woolmilkhog" :)

First of all ZENKIT got me by the amazing support and friendly people behind the product. Quick reacting, personal and really interested in what the customer is doing or requesting. The tool itself can basically do everything, from normal lists to KANBAN ending at MindMap functionality. I can use whatever I feel like and can even use employees to work on problems THEIR way while I can supervise MY way. Or work together as a team. But thats just work - I also use it in private areas. SO currently I use to manage the issues and challenges of MY PRIVATE LIFE / RALLY RACING TEAM / BIKE RACING TEAM / LUXURY CAR DEALERSHIP / CHARITY BIKERs CLUB / BARBER SHOP / PRIVATE CONSULTING COMPANY / CAR CLEANING COMPANY and so on. And I dont even use 50% of the functionality. Whatever you need to organize - ZENKIT is the tool! And if you are not sure know how to use it or what else to do with it - look at the blog entries and videos. The concept of GTD for example opened up to me through one of their blog entries! And finding a template in the tool helped to accelerate!

Pros

The many ways to enter and use the tool. App. Web. Web Offline. All relevant platforms. The many ways of handling information: list. kanban. mindmap. table. calendar. The design. Awesome. The flexibility. Need a special field to hold information? No problem, just create it. Need automated reminders, etc. No deal, enter their specifics and get reminded. The support. Individual. Quick. Listening. The numerous templates. Save time by just applying prepared configs for your individual topic.

Cons

I dont understand the question... :) Honestly, havent found a downside so far!

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for your thorough review, Mario! We really appreciate it and we're so happy to hear that Zenkit is able to fulfill so many uses for you! Thank you for being such a valued user and member of the Zenkit community :)

Excellent product… Fills a unique niche

Awesome ... effective ... and the support people respond to online chat questions within a day.

Pros

This is the most effective tool/environment that I have found for navigating between a big picture "concept" (blue sky) view/conversation about a complex issue through the detailed work of executing tasks and delegating assignments for people to complete on a timely basis. In my past, I have had difficulty helping executives to understand the many moving parts to create a thorough solution. However, using Zenkit, I have been able to help people who are "visiting" an issue to understand/sponsor/champion a go-forward plan which captures their emotional as well as verbal support. More importantly, I have found the success to be repeatable – not just a one-off with a single personality-type.

Cons

The mindmap view has been critical to my success. However, because Zenkit can only print the mindmap view from a screen capture copy, I am often not comfortable handing out hardcopies because the image sometimes blurs (the online view is fine - I manage the browser setting). My one wish is that Zenkit would offer an output version which can expand without pixelating.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied September 2019

Hi! Thank you very much for your great review. :) There will soon be an update regarding the mindmap view. If you would like to go into detail on your suggestion of improved export of mindmaps, please feel free to message service@zenkit.com. We thoroughly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. :)

I LOVE this product!

Our team needs to use project/task management tools in multiple ways, so a traditional tool doesn't work for us. We tested over 250 tools. In the end, Zenkit is the only one that gives us what we need. We have a course catalog that we maintain - tracking live projects and their on-going maintenance. We also have annual goals for our team and individual team members. We provide support for a website, so have a need to track items like tickets. And finally, we get random requests that aren't attributed to annual goals and need to be tracked separately. We were able to create 4 projects in Zenkit, each with different fields, views, and uses. But they all link together. It's made us much more efficient in our workflows and reporting.

Pros

This product gives our team what we need in terms of tracking for projects and goals. But it also gives us the ability to have each team member view that information in a way that makes sense to them. It doesn't force us to use spreadsheets or kanbans, but rather gives us options. Our director loves giant spreadsheets, one teammate prefers mind maps, and I would rather see a kanban board. We each get the same data in the view we prefer.

Cons

Honestly, my only gripe is that when I need to contact support for anything, we're on different time zones. Eastern in the US for us, Germany for Zenkit. That's not really a big deal though.

Stefan from Information Services and Technology

Industry: Online Media

You may not have heard of Zenkit before, but once you do, you wo´t let go of it

Overall I am very pleased with Zenkit as it gives me a lot of flexibility on how do I want to manage my project and team. The product is being continuously improved, which gives me the assurance that even the small things that are currently missing, will one day be implemented. Additionally, the easy to use interface and easy to understand functionality makes the experience even better. I do recommend Zenkit without a hesitation and will continue using it in the future as well!

Pros

I really enjoy the fact, that the free tier is already packed with the full functionality and requires a subscription only when you rise above the free tier limits, which in my opinion is generous and a great option especially for startups, where money is tight. It really helped me personally organize my project and lay a foundation of current and future tasks. With just 2 clicks you can switch view from Kanban to mindmap or a list of estimates regarding time, budget and resources. It really is a great multi-functional tool and the best part is, that the developers are listening to the users and continuously improve the user experience and overall functionality!

Cons

One obstacle I see is that every time I rolled on a new team member, I had to explain them how to do things and what are the tricks. Zenkit already has a great in-depth documentation and few explanatory videos, but having something like a small training course would help me and my team greatly.

David from SASU Cirrus Computer Validation Services

Industry: Medical Devices

A fantastic tool

The main use I have for Zenkit is to manage software changes in a validated environment. Each change request hs it's own card which is then tracked through the development and validation process and into production. The cards contain references to cards representing requirements, design and test documents that need to be updated as part of the change. Individual tasks for the change are presented in check lists and the review and approval cycles are managed in seperate check lists.

Pros

Zenkit has a great many features to aid productivity. Like most online kanban tools it allows you to create your own columns to suite the process you're managing. But the kanban board is just the start as the same data can be presented as a list, a table or a calendar and the data can be manipulated in each of these views. This makes it extremely easy to view and update the data. Each individual 'card' can be customised with additional labels, checklists, references to other cards in other collections, formulas, text fields, dates and many other custom field types. Zenkit really is kanban on steroids.

Cons

Probably the mindmap view of the cards. I've not found a use for this view, but this shouldn't detract from the overall quality and functionality of the product.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied September 2019

Hi David! Thank you very much for your review. :) We thoroughly appreciate your feedback.

Jessica from Self-Employed

Industry: Graphic Design

Clean, beautiful, and minimal UI. Excellent user experience.

Structure, organization, and a beautiful interface and user experience.

Pros

I love how simple it is to use Zenkit. A lot of project management software often times have a lot of features and an over-complicated user interface. A lot of the time I find myself clicking aimlessly just to accomplish a simple task. What I love about Zenkit is it's simplicity, its ease in creating projects, to-do's within said project, linking to-do's to other projects, too, and having it all stored in an easily accessible sidebar, without any clutter. It gets straight to the point.

Cons

Zenkit is a webapp, and as such, is amazing at storing all your projects and to-do's online, so if you need to access them from another computer, you can do so. This is always a plus, but an app would be very helpful, too. In those times of disconnecting from the internet or having a website blocker on my browser for productivity, having access to the site without having to tinker too much with my blocking app would be great.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied April 2018

Hi Jessica, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We're glad you enjoy using Zenkit. You can download our apps from zenkit.com/apps, and actually, the web version is available offline, too!

Christine from University of London

It's let me hope that I can not only manage, but lead!

As explained in the review: confidence.

Pros

The ability to relate kanban cards (in my case, products and people, the latter numbering about 60) across boards in a way that is immediate and clear. I can see what outcomes I could nudge people about, or keep in mind, when communicating with them about something else. I'm also impressed by the support -- my report of a minor problem received an almost instant, and personal, response -- and, generally, the sense that this software permits creative applications.

Cons

I'm using the free version simply because I'm wary of subscriptions (also not something a university finance department copes with readily), though I know that's the norm: easier to pay more up front, once. That leaves me with a limited range of display options, most of which (white on dark) aren't legible. An IoS app (which is on the way) would be useful, as would a single user's guide: again, I realize blogs and videos are the norm, but I'd like a single source I could search. Zenkit offers a variety of views -- kanban, calendar, table -- but each is confined to a single board, and it would be helpful to be able to generate a master view so that all deadlines, e.g., are available to view in one screen.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Christine, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We're so glad Zenkit gives you the confidece you need to lead your team! We're working on making more backgrounds available and we're about to release a global calendar view in which you'll be able to see all of your deadlines in one place :) Regarding a single searchable source - have you checked out our Knowledge Base? You can access it from the profile menu. Lastly, please feel free to contact us regarding discounted pricing options for educational institutions!

Dirk from Haus & Grund

Quick Statement

Very useful.

Pros

Easy to start with because Zenkit offers a freemium price model to check all major features.

Cons

Although the support team is amazing there should be more videos for beginners to explain the main features and the best way to start with Zenkit.

Use MS Teams as well.

Linda from Bitkom e.V.

Industry: Online Media

I use Zenkit everyday to organize the tasks of our team. The Kanban view is my favorite.

I get an overview over my teams tasks and the daily business. I am able to create and think about new ideas by using the mind map function and I am able to connect Zenkit to other devices I'm using while work (e.g. Slack). For me and my team, Zenkit makes coworking very easy.

Pros

It is easy to use and you can start immediatly without watching all your (also great) videos. Zenkit offers you a great overview over your tasks and helps me as a team leader to get an overview over the tasks of my team members. The Kanban view is perfekt for organising our daily business but I also like the mind map function for getting new ideas. Another feature I like very uch is the connection with Slack. And - last but not least - you have a great support. I wrote you two times via facebook and you answered immediately!

Cons

I work with different collections: One for each team and project I am working with and one for my own tasks. So I have three different collections with three different tasks. To get a better overview over my daily tasks I would love to have an overview over all my tasks from each collection in one Kanban.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Linda, Thank you so much! We really appreciate your detailed feedback. We're actually about to release a global view that will show all of your tasks in one place. If you'd like a more personal solution, please feel free to reach out to us directly!

Diego from Freelancer

Industry: Information Services

Overall really good experience. I like that you can change views. No mobile app yet, but webapp good

For a student, the ability to organize some of my private projects for free. As mentioned in the review, the main feature that convinced me to try this app was the fact that you can change the views of your data (kanban, list, mind-map) and display as little or as much information pro item that you need. I haven't tried the collaboration features yet but the few times I needed to share something with a fellow student it worked just fine. Main benefit is just an easy way to organize and have a controlled overview of some of my projects. Also, markdown support is a must for me, for compatibility to other apps.

Pros

The ability to change views of the information you input. For some thoughts I like lists, for others mind-maps are more appropriate, so I like to have the ability to change that on the fly without much hassle if I need to. It works just as expected. I like the ability to add your own fields to the cards and that everything is searchable. What I also appreciate is that you can choose how much detailed information the elements should have. This always depends on the use case I am working on, so I like that option. The app is responsive and snappy. Also, markdown & html support ! Customization is also all quite nice. Errors patches are deployed quickly and support is responsive.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little buggy, but not in work-stopping ways. One time the "Add Item" on the kanban view was below the kanban-cards so I couldn't reach it. However I could still use the "+" button and the error disappeared after a few days. Other than that, there have a been just a couple of times where the site was down, but after a while it worked again. Integrations using Zapier are still not that advanced (altough I don't if the developers can do anything about that). Anxiously waiting for the Android App.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Diego, Thank you so much for your detailed review, we really appreciate the feedback! We're working on improving the stability and should have a solution soon. Direct integrations are on the way and we will definitely add more options to Zapier when we have the time! We're testing the Android app now - please get in touch if you'd like to join the beta.

Sébastien from Computer Software

The best Kanban tool, but not only!

I use Zenkit everyday to manage the projects I'm working on (website development mainly). I can see at a glance what I have to do everyday and can also track time for each task, thanks to custom fields!

Pros

What I like the most with Zenkit is the ability to customize a board to your needs. The most interesting features to me are custom fields. If you use Zenkit as a project management tool, you can add fields for "estimated time" and "time spent" for every task. It combines very well with the "Views" feature. You don't have to stick with the Kanban view and can choose between Kanban, task list, table, calendar (useful with due dates on tasks) and even mind maps.

Cons

The free version of Zenkit may be enough to test the product, but once you have more than 5 members in your team, you have to upgrade your account to a premium plan. Anyway, once you'll discover Zenkit, you may want to support the team behind this awesome product!

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied September 2018

Hi Sébastien, Thank you so much for your kind review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions.

Zenkit is my go to task and project management app, and for good reason!

Flexible views give me everything I need to organize my tasks, projects, goals, and teams. Having one central location for all this information and being able to quickly adapt it to meet my current needs puts Zenkit in a class of its own.

Pros

Zenkit has quickly become my favorite task and project management app. It combines the strength of several different utilities into one incredibly convenient package. One of the key concepts that sets Zenkit apart is the ability to change views. Go from viewing tasks in standard "To Do" lists to a two-level Kanban (Trello-style) board with a single click. Feel like laying the items out in a mind map? One more click away. Need to batch update items or schedule them on a calendar? Zenkit can do that too with additional views. As you dig deeper, you find even more functionality. Link collections together to plan projects, track inventory, or follow sales leads. This is honestly where it leaves other systems in the dust. I have the ability to set up projects, connect them to weekly priorities, and then assign the next actions on a master task collection and easily switch between them all. I really can't say enough about this incredible piece of software!

Cons

As a non-profit, I would love to have the ability to add more people to our team without paying more, but that is more about me being cheap than about the software or pricing itself.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied May 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review! Please feel free to get in touch if you have any ideas or feature requests!

Charlotte from KU Leuven

Industry: Research

Finally found what I needed!

A very easy way to organise my tasks and projects of my PhD project.

Pros

It is an extremely versatile product, as I can change to my calendar, list of tasks, Kanban, ... with just one click! New features have been added since I first started using it, and I love it more and more. Additionally, as I use it just for me personal, it is free! I currently use it for organising my tasks related to my PhD, as I am working on different projects at the same time. I tried using Asana and Trello as well, but they are not as versatile as Zenkit!

Cons

The recent addition of the Mind Map is not exactly as I would want it. I would like to add different mind maps to one project, but all nodes should be linked to each other, which makes it impossible to create multiple mind maps. Also, the root I would make, would be the name of my project, and I find it annoying that it would show up in my Kanban/lists. Anyway, this is still a very small annoyance, and I do not use the mind map anyway.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Charlotte, Thank you so much for your reveiw! We're so glad you're enjoying the versatility of Zenkit. We'll be working on improving the mind map view soon :)

An exzellent tool to organize your live and your work with family, friends and colleagues

Zenkit is a great tool to organize task - for private or work related projects. There are way simpler and more complex tools on the market, I do love Zenkit - and recommended it a lot to more than a dozen different startups.

Pros

Zenkit ist really easy to use, works on alle divides, the mobile version makes it easy to do even Wunderlist-kind of small task and get the good feeling of „get shit done“. The complexity of Zenkit makes ist also possible to work on full srum-type projects.

Cons

I do not have reals cons. In the two years of daily use of the software, a couple of bugs and wishes occur, were sent to zenkit‘s costumer relations and were fixed immediately.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much! We're so glad to hear your experience with Zenkit has been so positive, and that we've been able to resolve issues so quickly!

Steve from Genlack, LLC

Industry: Broadcast Media

I've tried them all and Zenkit is the only one I've stuck with.

I've tried a lot of productivity systems. List makers, calendar integrations, total package GTD-type apps, pen and paper, homegrown, etc. Zenkit is the only one that has had the flexibility to handle all the various hats I need to wear. I can have one list for my business development, one for my creative work, a complete system for CRM and all in different formats, Kanban, Lists, Mindmapping, etc. I've been using it for about 6 months and have really tweaked it to work exactly for my needs.

Pros

Flexibility in layout. Use of multiple lists with different styles available.

Cons

I can't think of anything that keeps me from being productive with Zenkit.

Nicole from Autodesk

Love this software!

I use Zenkit to keep track of my tasks at work. It has replaced all of my sticky notes that I used to use to keep track of my to do list. I can now easily prioritize items, take a quick glance at everything I need to do, and check things off. I also use one of the columns to track talking points with my one on one with my boss. I absolutely love it!

Pros

Easy to use and import data. I can easily link it to other task related software using zapier. I love that I can easily switch between a kanban board, list, and mind map

Cons

I wish there was a way to group cards by type in the Mind map instead of having to create separate cards that act as headers. Perhaps by labels or something?

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied September 2019

Hi Nicole! Thank you so much for your kind review. :) There will soon be an update of the mindmap view, stay tuned! Grouping items inside the mindmap view rigorously sound very interesting. If you don't mind, please feel free to go into detail regarding your great suggestion in an email to service@zenkit.com. :)

very helpful tool for organizing and planning the work load in our team

We manage the work load in our team in zenkit on a two-week basis. This helps us organize, assign and rank the on-going tasks and always keep a good overview of what one is supposed to be doing, what others do, who might be able to help or who might need help, the overall progress, etc.

Pros

I like the many ways of displaying, organizing and sorting the different tasks. This is very helpful to get the exact overview you need at a time. Also, the search funtion is very efficient and finds tasks by any keywords, so it is easy to look up former Performances and what is currently going on.

Cons

At first, the whole programme seems overwhelming, and I think I still have not discovered nearly all features. But as soon as I dared using it, I managed to accustum myself quite quickly and also found the functions and Features needed for now.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied July 2018

Thanks so much for your great review! We're so glad you enjoy using Zenkit and if you ever want to take a deep dive into all the features, you can send a chat in-app and someone will help you out ASAP :)

Amazing productivity app

I am using zenkit to keep track of my personal life in a modified GTD style. It has worked better than any other software I've tried, mostly thanks to the views and filters.

Pros

I've used list software for years to remember all the little things in my life. Zenkit takes that a step further with the different views available. I personally use the calendar and list view every day. The filters are also great and easy to setup.

Cons

I am using the free version so I need to use a workaround for recurring tasks since that feature is only for paid customers. The android app is also frequently very slow and offline mode doesn't always work.

Matheus from ITA

Powerful, flexible and customizable: the software that we were waiting for

I am more organized, productive and happy with Zenkit.

Pros

- In Zenkit, I can unite all tools needed to have the job done. I can easily change the way how I see my project without needing other applications. - I am free to add various forms of information that my project or tasks need, either through text, checklist, links, files, labels, etc. - It is easy to create connections between other cards or pieces of information, making the macro and the micromanagement easy to visualize. - Through the filter tool, you can easily find any kind of information. You can even search using multiple variables, making the filtering even more powerful.

Cons

A way to measure the time spent on the tasks would be a great metric that, unfortunately, Zenkit doesn't have it yet.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Thank you for your detailed review Matheus! We really appreciate it. A way to track and measure time spent on tasks is on the roadmap! Please feel free to send any other feedback or ideas our way :)

zenkit is the perfect tool to work in a transparent and organized way

In the startup that we are creating we use zenkit to organize our tasks according to the objectives set and the times available to each person. This also makes it easier for us to work remotely without having to organize regular meetings. Everyone knows what to do in each 2-week sprint and can see the progress of the project. It also helps us to detect where there are problems, attending to cards that are abandoned for a while, and allows us to react and modify the strategy when necessary.

Pros

I find it very intuitive, easy to use and often updated by adding new features

Cons

so far I haven't detected any crucial problems. Normally when I haven't been able to do something it's because I didn't know the functionality and finally trying it I've achieved it.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for your review, and for sharing your use case! We're so pleased to hear that you find Zenkit so intuitive and helpful.

Rithvik from Open Hardware Days

Best alternative to Trello

Trello new plans have made me hunt for a new software I found zenkit to be the perfect alternative for that. I like the simple UI of zenkit. They have apps for every platform which is really good. I have shifted from trello to zenkit and I'm really happy

Pros

I'm just loving zenkit for it's simple and minimal UI. They have many advanced features which are missing in trello for example recurring items, you can add notes for the task for reference so that you don't miss the important things in the task. You can find all your tasks in the calendar view with filters like scheduled and unscheduled which is helpful while maintaining the list of tasks to be done. Even the free version of this software provides many features that are on paid plans on the other softwares which is impressive.

Cons

I would like to have more templates so that i can choose a better one, Right now they have very less templates.

Denise from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis

Great potential - in the right hands, could be your one tool for complete project management

Pros

I found this software when searching for a simple web-based relational database to be shared between me and another academic researcher, we need to organize some research data for a digital humanities project. It meets that need, however, it's also much deeper than that. It has project management features (Kanban, Agile, simple checklists), calendars, basically a one-stop-shop for running a project, including hosting simple database needs (like an inventory), which I have never seen offered in any other project management app. It also has free, fully featured iOS apps, which I have really enjoyed using. I have never been able to access my database on my phone before! (Also an Android app, but I haven't used it.) A lot of bang for the buck here, and free to use at small levels!

Cons

It's ambitious and heavily featured, but probably due to that, still buggy. I have yet to get my imported research database fully working, although I've built a sample database from scratch that works. However, customer service is very responsive (especially considering I am not a paying customer yet) and have been upfront with the problems and their time line in correcting them, so I'm going to stick it out with them for a while longer.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied July 2018

Hi Denise, Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and review! We are working constantly to improve stability and performance, but there are still some bugs, as you noted. Regarding the issue with your referenced collections, would you mind contacting us again via the in-app chat, or via an email to service@zenkit.com? We'll see if we can get it sorted soon :)

Help you get organised in different ways

I enjoy using Zenkit for personal project and/or management. I use it to manage my video game collection, but also to organize my tasks at home and personal projects I want to run. I'm looking forward to be able to share the experience with more people and use it on larger projects.

Pros

The different option to visualize your information and modulate it to fit your needs and/or your preferences. The fact that you can look at the same information as table, a kanban board, a mindmap, etc... makes Zenkit very user friendly and help having people with different expectation to work on the same information and data.

Cons

I'm sure the visual could still benefit from a nice facelift and maybe give more aesthetic options to the users to make it easier on the eye, but this is not a huge issue. The website would gain in being a bit more responsive sometimes, but the android application works very nicely.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied September 2019

Hello! Thanks for your great review. :) If you like, please feel free to go into detail regarding the website design and responsiveness in an email to service@zenkit.com. We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions, be it small or huge issues. :)

Sebastian from Qorrection GmbH

Easy to use, lucid, versatile and flexible

Pros

With Zenkit you can define different Collections and Teams for different purposes and adjust them precisely to their corresponding purpose. In every collection, you can design items exactly as you need them using different custom fields such as labels, dates, links, attachments. This allows usage of Zenkit for customer tables, scrum boards, simple to-do lists and much more. Different views (Kanban, table, ...) and filters allow for detailed control over your collections.

Cons

Sometimes, Zenkit is not able to save local changes on the server and you lose some of the applied changes. Linking items of different collections is unnecessarily complicated.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied June 2018

Hi Sebastian, Thank you so much for sharing your review! We really appreciate it and we're glad you enjoy Zenkit's versatility. Please feel free to contact us whenever you experience any other issues.

Rizwaan from HPE

Industry: Computer Hardware

Flexible and Customizable Agile Tool

Streamlined the workflow of an agile dev team. A lot of friends are also using them to manage their personal lives

Pros

We use Zenkit for managing a small team of Big data developers. Having recently gone agile, my team loves the fact that the a new collection is Kanban ready right from the start. However the most important aspect of Zenkit is its ability to switch between the different views. Especially important is the ability to customize the collections and our workflow by adding fields, aggregations , checklists etc. The table view is one of our favourites for this purpose. Also, a lot of our brainstorming eventually ends up in the Mind Map view , capturing the flow of thoughts. Would also like to give shout out to the excellent support Zenkit offers.

Cons

Having migrated from Trello, it is quite natural that comparisons will be made. Some small functionalities like a web bookmarklet etc are missing. But it is just a matter of time that the highly active dev team will cover these.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Rizwaan, Thank you so much for your detailed review! We're so glad Zenkit has gotten your Agilge dev off to a great start :) You're right - a web bookmarklet is on the roadmap. Please feel free to send any more ideas and feedback our way!

Tina from Penn State University

Industry: Research

Best task management/workflow app for students and researchers

I am using Zenkit to plan/organize multiple research projects that I'm juggling. It has been incredibly helpful so far and I look forward to using this and recommending it to all my friends and colleagues. It strikes the perfect balance between ease -of-use and great features. There are many apps that fail by either being too simplistic or overly complicated (which defeats the purpose of improving productivity)

Pros

Zenkit allows for multiple levels of hierarchy with it's many fields and different view options. My personal favorite is the mind map view, it allows me to understand and visualize the breadth of a project and how various tasks relate to each other. This, in turn, helps me prioritize what to do next. Moreover, this is all available on their *free* version! Unlike Asana, that is only really useful once you start paying premium subscriptions (which most students/academics can't afford). Also, it's very easy to import from Asana (unlike Taiga, which kept glitching on me...)

Cons

I don't have any strong dislikes, to be honest. I would like to see a gantt chart feature and some tools to help estimate the time it will take to complete a project. But really, that's all extra fluff and the main product is excellent.

Iris from Heisenberg Quantum Simulations

Great tool for Kanban-like project management and to collect other data for a team

Pros

Zenkit is an easy-to-use project management tool that works on different devices and in your web browser. It is perfect to organize a team. You can use it to keep a scrum/kanban board. Moreover, you can use the so-called collections to gather all kinds of data that are important for your team and display and filter this data. The "my team"-tool gives you an overview of the data/tasks that are assigned to you.

Cons

In the "my team" view I would appreciate the possibility to filter for specific collections or to change the order in which the collections are arranged. Additionally, it would be nice to filter for specific labels/stages in the "my team" view.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied June 2018

Hi Iris, Thank you so much for your lovely review. We really appreciate you sharing your ideas. Your requests for improvements to My Team have been sent to our dev team.

Jacob from Nucleogenesis.co

Zenkit is Trello++

It basically lets me use it how I want to use it. Where Trello limits you in terms of creative customization, Zenkit gives you the freedom to visualize and organize how you need it.

Pros

It is highly customizable and the support is excellent. The screen didn't originally drag horizontally in Kanban and I mentioned it to support and it was added as a feature that day. The appearance is clean and easy to navigate and they seem to be constantly iterating on new features.

Cons

It is slow. Opening cards takes a several seconds sometimes which is a bummer coming from Trello's usually zippy interface. There are a few interface bugs I get sometimes and I feel the paid membership is a bit costly for what it gets me.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Jacob, Thank you so much for sharing your review! We are working hard on improving Zenkit's zippiness, and we'll be fleshing out the paid tiers soon too.

Mike from CDK Global

Really love Zenkit and use it on daily basis to organize by tasks

After reading several helpful articles on how to use it, as well as some theories about organizing tasks (Getting Things Done, among others), I started using it to organize by daily workflow and keep track what what I had to do. It's really been a huge catalyst in changing how prioritize task and keep track of what I need to do at home, work, and on the go.

Pros

It's very easy to use, has a lot more features for organizing and filtering tasks than other similar programs, and interfaces well with other applications.

Cons

I would like for there to be more themes/colors to choose from without having to pay too much.

Justin from The Great American Home Store

Zenkit has a splendid concept. I was really intrigued by its approach to be a sort of "Trello+" app.

While I am not using the software at this time, I did use it for a while to organize my to-do list in a way that helped me prioritize and visualize my tasks in a much more fluid way than I was able to do with Trello, which is what I had been using and have gone back to using. Zenkit has great potential, and I am continuing to watch it as it develops.

Pros

The best feature of Zenkit is the ability to switch between many different ways to view the same information. This is a fundamental feature that Trello does not have. As an avid Trello user for both work and personal, I have sometimes been frustrated by the inability to view cards in other ways. Zenkit solves that problem by natively allowing you to switch in between to-do list, Kanban, mind map, spreadsheet and calendar views. They are also working on adding features and integrations that have become standard on other business-class apps.

Cons

Zenkit is still in what I would consider to be the early stages, so there are still features and integrations it is lacking that you would be able to find on other applications. They are also working out the bugs of course and I have run into some of those. One of my main issues with it is that the visual layout and theme is not quite as easy to look at as Trello. This may sound like a nitpicky issue but it actually makes me not want to use it. I have contacted the developers though and they did respond positively to all my concerns.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Thank you so much for your detailed review Justin! We really appreciate the feedback you've shared with us so far and hopefully we can get you back on board when your suggestions have been addressed.

Todd from Online Media

Zenkit is Evernote Plus

So far, as a technical writer, I'm using Zenkit to organize my website, lay out marketing/advertising ideas, and plan writing projects.

Pros

I've only been using this a short while, but so far I've discovered you essentially can take what you'd write in software like Evernote and quickly transform it into to-do lists, a Trello-like layout or even make it into a mind map.

Cons

It has a tiny learning curve as you first set everything up.

Lots of Great Features for Free!

Zenkit has been a huge help from a project management perspective. We've been able to eliminate several spreadsheets we were using for project tracking. The information contained in Zenkit is robust, and because it's completely customizable, it provides the exact information my business needs.

Pros

Zenkit offers a lot of great features on their free version. It's become a central part of my business and I opted to upgrade to a paid version after using it for a couple months. Zenkit is great because everything can be customized to your own individual business from workflows to labels.

Cons

It takes a little effort to get up and running because you basically have to customize everything you want the software to do. Because it doesn't have any templates set up, there is a slight learning curve.

Ryan from Shick Esteve

Excellent, Inexpensive: PM & Tracking Tool

Currently using this for my personal life and work life to keep my projects on track. Works great forth both!

Pros

Inexpensive: I'm currently using the free option which comes with a lot of features! Format options: Love the ability to switch back and forth between different formats (Kanban, List, Schedule, etc.). Flexibility: Having access to my projects via iOS app, web app, and desktop apps offers a lot of flexibility!

Cons

The Windows desktop app appears to just be a web-wrap, which means it is a little glitchy, resource heavy and I have to sign in over & over again. Starts to be frustrating!

Great features but needs a timeline view

Pros

I like the ability to plan and track activities in a list, kanban, and calendar views. Once I started considering a Collection like a small database, the organization became more apparent. Global and local search and calendar synchronization with Google Calendars are both great features. Additionally, I like the Kanban support for basic 'swimlanes' to provide horizontal views. Importing boards from Trello was also effective.

Cons

Zenkit needs a timeline view similar to Asana, and cross-referencing is not intuitive. I'd also like to see the ability to collapse columns in the Kanban view, even though that can be accomplished by using filters. it's not as effective as the Trello add-on.

Alex from Manhattan TV Limited

Nothing matches the simplicity yet flexibility of Zenkit.

Pros

I've tried every task/project management service out there and there is nothing that matches the simplicity yet flexibility of Zenkit. It's much more powerful than Trello without becoming complicated and it's even able to do most of what JIRA does. The way you can customise it reminds me a bit of Filemaker, in that it gives you the power to create and interact with a custom database whilst abstracting the complexity in doing so.

Cons

It's a little rough around the edges. Currently you cannot delete items, only archive them, and you cannot easily view all archived items in a collection. There's also no easy way to collate data across collections (e.g. if you want to see all items with the same status across collections). But to be fair, the fields in each collection are specific to that collection, so do so will require some work.

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Alex, Thank you so much for sharing your review! You really get where we're trying to go :) We're working on the archiving/deleting functions, and we're about to release a global calendar that will show you items from multiple collections in one place. Not quite collating data, but almost!

Morgan from University of Utah

More features than any other

For someone who is serious about keeping track of tasks, this app works better than any other. The learning curve can be steep, but that's only because of the unique level of customizability that this app offers.

Pros

I've tried every task management app available and none of them come even close to Zenkit's range of customizable options. It has tons of features and settings to adjust, from various ways to view and sort upcoming tasks to complex ways to categorize and describe each task

Cons

Since it's still new, there are common errors and features that haven't been fully tested yet.

Rob from PB

Very interesting and positive.

organization of information and flexibility of viewing and structuring it

Pros

It's a new approach that fits with what I've been looking for. The ability to see information / data in different views types with filters is very useful and fits my work type well. My work is very varied and Zenkit copes with that very well.

Cons

Not much, Some form of aggregating boards up for reporting as I use it for task and project management would be useful, I understand this is in the development roadmap. Have to say the support and development team are very receptive to feedback and feature requests as well as standard support

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2017

Hi Rob, Thank you so much for your review! You're right, reporting and aggregates are on the roadmap and we'll be releasing the first global view soon!

Essayé, approuvé / Tried, loved

Pros

This is a highly customizable version of other more famous softwares of the same kind, which allows users to do about everything they might want to do. I used it for a first project, for a first company, and didn't hesitate one second about adopting it when I started working in a second company.

Cons

Response from Axonic Informationssysteme

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you were able to use Zenkit in each of your companies.