All Zoho Invoice Reviews

Barbara

2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed October 2023

You'll be Sorry for Not Trying It!

Julieanne

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Great value

Overall I love Zoho Invoice simply because of how effectively they automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payment. It saves me so much time every month and is worth every penny.

PROS

I needed an invoicing system that could send recurring invoices. I was spending too much time every month manually creating invoices, and would often send them out late, which meant I'd get paid late. Of all the options I researched (there were a lot) Zoho had the most features for the lowest price. Set up was easy, and they keep adding new features that are included with my subscription. They even have automatic reminder emails you can have sent to clients who are late in paying. This happens so often in my industry, that this feature has actually helped me collect my payments faster, without me having to spend time trying to get paid. I also love that as my business grows, Zoho has so many other products that I could add to my Zoho dashboard. I've also noticed that most of the other 3rd party programs I use have options to connect to Zoho.

CONS

Their customer support is a bit slow. There's a new feature they've rolled out that I'd like to use, but there's not much documentation about it. I reached out a few days ago for help and still haven't heard back. It would be nice if step by step instructions were easy to find for their new features.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

Zoho offered the cheapest price for the feature of sending recurring invoices. After using this program, I've seen there are many other handy features that come along with their low rate. Because it also connects to so many 3rd party programs, I don't foresee switching to another company for quite some time.

Hi Julieanne, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear you were able to streamline your invoicing and payment collection processes. Regarding your feedback on the documentation, it would be very helpful if you could share more details. Please feel free to drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Replied February 2020

Nitin

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Easy to create and deploy with other zoho softwares and professional invoicing and accounting

Entirely, I am pretty much pleased with the features and their UI. Although, they have some limitations in the case of templates overall they provide quick small-business invoicing that looks professional. If you're looking for an advanced invoicing tool for a big client then this tool is not that efficient but for small clients, it worked best for me.

PROS

I loved their graphical interface which helped me to create my first invoice professionally with client details. I have updated my logo and address along with tax and discount. I can be able to edit templates where I can add colors and change fonts in invoices.Most prominently I have used their project cost tracking where I can be able to generate invoices that include working hours, costs incurred during that project, and overall costs.

CONS

Even if I can be able to edit templates but is partial and doesn't allow everything to get changed like I can't be able to resize my signature image or logo. That's a little downside for me while using this tool.And their support team is a little slow in response, it took 1 hour to just respond to my hello message.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Invoicely is a full-fledged invoicing tool and doesn't have many detailed invoicing options which made me switch to Zoho invoice.

Raziela

Music, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

ZOHO is not for free even though say it is

Overall I do enjoy using Zoho because I am a small business and I need some help with my invoicing and accounting. Last year Zoho told me that they are going to offer their services for free and I still see that on the website but I was debited by Zoho on the 14h of January????

PROS

Zoho really helps me make my invoices look professional and it is user friendly.

CONS

I am unable to link my bank account to zoho invoice because I am based in South Africa. The exchange rate is horrible so the amount I need to pay per transaction for the app that is suggested to connect my bank is too expensive. I can't afford the dollar to South African Rand exchange rate per transaction. SO That means I need to recon everything manually. Also if a student were to pay and use a different reference would Zoho be able to pick that up?

Nicholas

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

good software - some useful features

Overall it got the job done with creating invoices but we ultimately cancelled the subscription. It was too expnesive for what it was and we just started doing invoices through Word or Excel. If you have the entire suite I could see why some businesses love and succeed with Zoho.

PROS

we used this software mostly to create intercompany and corporate invoices to vendors. I liked how you can set them up on a recurring basis, customize recipients and the look of the invoice and that you could access on your mobile device.

CONS

didn't integrate with our main accounting software so it was a lot of double entry. I also didn't like how every part of Zoho was a different section and product and price. For just Zoho invoice it was expensive and confusing for some users, being unable to use other parts of the system

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

At the time we just needed the invoice feature so it was easier and cheaper to set up than others.

Dear Nicholas, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand that you felt the product to be expensive and that some of your users found it could be more intuitive. Sorry about that. If you are ready to give us a chance, we are happy to schedule a call, know your requirements and suggest the best plan. We believe the import/export functionalities and our REST APIs could help you with pushing the data to your accounting platform. Just drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com and we shall get in touch with you. We would love to have you back with us! Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice team

Replied October 2019

JD

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Invoicing Construction Guys Can Do

I like the ease of using it. I like all Zoho products. I used to use Quickbooks and Google products and figured they'd be easy for me to use, but they were expensive and I needed an assistant to use them. I am just a small business owner doing construction work and Zoho makes it easy for me to get my invoices out and get paid.

PROS

My assistant set up my Zoho invoice for me and even though I am a construction worker, working on site, it is still easy enough for me to use and I can send the invoices out myself without having to pay my assistant.

CONS

I like everything about it, there's not one thing I would change. It's easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Zoho is so easy to use, I didn't need weeks to figure it out.

Alexander

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Excellent billing tool for small businesses.

PROS

Zoho invoice has client friendly templates which are understandable to anyone. You can design it according to your preference. It is also financially friendly for small businesses as it is free and excellent as an archive tool for your invoices.

CONS

As I have been using it for 3 months I am expecting to find out if I can create an unlimited number of customers. It is not clear in the products description regarding this feature. Moreover there are more Zoho websites in which I originally signed up but it did not include the product I needed. After only some research I found Zoho invoices..

Ricardo

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

The standard in invoicing for my clients

PROS

I liked how many clients and business collegues already had zoho set up. It is well known and trusted with them.

CONS

Great for small business but might lack features for bigger operations

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Invoice REview

Happy easy to operate customer friendly easy to teach

PROS

It is easy to operate and simple and quick processing

CONS

Nothing to comment upon this and I am happy

Wencesl

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Zoho Invoice: Best invoicing software

PROS

Easy and simple to use, customer friendly interface, value for money. Very good features for a small business.

CONS

A very small complaint: not being able to customise the size of the signature on invoices,

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Zoho is the best

I like the fact that I can populate all my customers and can always refer back to them. I have a history of all my transactions. All my expenses and sales are recorded and that can be used for tax purposes.

PROS

It makes my business to look very professional

CONS

I haven't used other features so I can't tell anything. But I like what I'm using.

Sue

Investment Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Funtional product

PROS

needed an inexpensive invoicing option to generate small quantity of monthly invoices.

CONS

the MFA was very complicated and didn't seem to work. had to have it re-set

Sayma

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Really great App!

I've only downloaded the app but it's really great for quick invoices (which I needed).

PROS

The app is really easy to use. The best part about it is it's really direct, starts an invoice once you downloaded the app. The template is really simple to follow, automatically makes it and it's easy to edit.

CONS

Only have downloaded the app, so far I haven't found anything that I dislike.

Domenico

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

That's my choice for invoice software

The software is awesome. No complains. I really like the UI and the templating system is the best I've used. I've tried many similar software but none had all those options that lets you customise in depth your invoice layout, fields and overall appearance. Try it out.. the base plan is free!

PROS

I tried many invoicing systems but none had the ease and depth needed to customise and translate all the fields needed to be compliant to my country tax and formal rules. The templating system is awesome, the way u can set automatic invoicing will save you a lot of time. This is just the best invoice software I've used and I'm still sticking with it.

CONS

The only drawback is that you can't delete customers if you have an invoice regarding them. This can limit your free trial or your free plan. If you always work with the same customers it's fine.. if you always have new and many customers this is something to think about first.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

I choose Zoho because I could customise the invoice template and fields to be easy to use and compliant to my country laws. All the other solutions were not customisable enough to meet the Italian tax regulations standards but might work well in other coutries.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Whmcs takes too much effort for a little company

Dedre

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Very powerful for a free invoicing platform

Zoho Invoice makes the tracking of expenses and invoicing so much easier since you can do everything in one place.

PROS

I am so impressed with Zoho Invoice.The Customer Portal is great to send invoices, timesheets and bills in real-time, and payment can be made directly from the porta. This is a great way for customers to stay informed of project progress and makes your life easy as well.Invoice templates can be customised and assigned per customer, which makes them great for branding or distinction between clients.Everything related to billing, invoicing, sending estimates and customer management can be done directly in your dashboard. Integrate with Zoho Mail, Zoho CRM or Zoho Expenses for an even more powerful suite to support your business.

CONS

Invoice templates are standard and basic, and customization features are limited to a few fonts and colours. Payment gateway integration options are limited to Stripe, Paypal and a few others. As a South African, I can only use PayPal, which is limiting.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

Zoho is an all-in-one solution that makes billing, tracking, reporting and invoicing so much more convenient than any of the other solutions available.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Wave stopped supporting business from South Africa.

Steve

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Invoicing couldn't be simpler!

Had an issue with scrolling the address entry page due to me using a tablet rather than a mouse... ZOHO support responded by adding back the scroll bar which had previously been removed. 10/10 for service!

PROS

It does exactly what I need, no nonsense invoicing.

CONS

All my customer payments are on-line, so I would like the payment choice menu to be customisable.At the moment, on-line payments are at the bottom, necessitating an extra page scroll.

Price and functionality

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

I use my accountants portal for tax calculations etc. meaning a lot of Quickbooks features were redundant.

Jason

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

The Only Solution That Covers All My Small Business Invoicing and Accounting Needs

Zoho is nearly-perfect for small-business invoicing and accounting. I no longer worry about tax season, as I can easily create and print out all my billing and income info from the year. I can quickly know whether a client has paid or not, and it all transaltes instantly and perfectly to iPhone.

PROS

Zoho seamlessly integrates its iPhone app with its website so I can immediately create booking deposit invoices while I'm on the road—immediately capturing clients at that crucial moment when they are ready to on-board. Once all my templates are set up, it's just a couple clicks to send a new client an invoice via email or even text.

CONS

Zoho feels very "enterprise." Most of its preset categories and templates assume you are a giant corporation. Fiddling with billing and accounting headers and categories can be daunting and slightly confusing.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Nothing I found in the iPhone App Store could rival Zoho Invoice's total reporting power, with expense tracking and reporting.

Darrell

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Definitely worth free, but would pay if I had to!

PROS

web and app based, easy to access at any time for on the go updating

CONS

none at this time, seems to be a well rounded product for free

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

Free version, able to satisfy all of my needs as a one man show

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

They were getting too big for my needs, and expensive in the same.

Gabriela