What are 6Storage users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using 6Storage software through verified user reviews

• icon"The software is very easy to navigate and works great with my current setup. It is easy to add more units as your facility grows."
  • icon"Easy access and very user friendly, the comments to communicate with other team members, and the fact that I was able to load documents is great."
  • icon"I like that it is cloud based allowing me access from anywhere. Being a New Zealand based business I am extremly happy with the level of support being provided."
  • icon"Automatic reminders for mail and SMS lack full customization. No easy way to set up reminders based on triggers."
  • icon"Revenue reports groups the revenue by Buildings and Payment Dates, which is confusing for us when we try to reconcile when we make a deposit."
  • icon"One of my few gripes is that the SMS messages are not truly two way."

Browse all 6Storage Reviews

• Have you used 6Storage and would like to share your experience with others?

Easy and Efficient, Storage Management Solution

By using 6Storage I now have a up to date view of everything going on in the facility and where all my tenants are at. It's easy to manage payments and keep track of debt levels. Automatic invoicing and late fee application are highlights. The ability to email/sms clients from within the software makes debt management more efficient

Pros

It has streamlined all processes within the business. I like that it is cloud based allowing me access from anywhere. Being a New Zealand based business I am extremly happy with the level of support being provided.

Cons

There is not a lot that I don't like about it. Over the year that I have been using it I have mentioned a couple of items with the support team that would be helpful. They normally include these in the next release 1 to 2 months later

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

I chose 6Storage for it's features and pricing. They even setup a custom website for me that was integrated into the storage software for online move-ins. Many of the features included in 6Storage would have been extra charges with some of the other options.

Reasons for switching to 6Storage

The previous owner of the business was using Xero for management of the facility. This did not handle all processes and therefore many manual process were also used. I still use Xero but for the accounting side of the business only

Response from 6Storage

It's amazing you make the best use of 6Storage. We prioritize new features/enhancements and release it. Currently, we're integrating Quickbooks and you can expect it in the upcoming releases. -Ash

Replied August 2019

Dag

Perfect solution for our needs

6Storage has an incredible customer service - available 24/7 by chat. They keep improving their software with new updates/new functions quite often. They have even implemented a few functions for us that we asked them to include - at no cost. We are looking forward to using 6storage for many years to come.

Pros

Great customer service, easy to use software.

Cons

No support for mobile (at least so far).

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

One of their founders is Icelandic! And their software was reasonably priced, and had most functions we were looking for, so we ended up with 6Storage and we are happy we made this choice.

2018

Response from 6Storage

Thanks for cheering us Dag! We're continuously improving and we're happy to have someone like you with us.

Replied March 2020

Richard

May 2022

Very good

Pros

Ease of use good range of features and customisation

Cons

Cannot merge invoices of customers that have multiple units

Response from 6Storage

Hi Richard! Thanks for your feedback, we will continue to work for the merged leases in V2 with multiple units.

Jan

Industry: Facilities Services

February 2022

Dawson Road Mini Storage

So far, so good

Pros

Ease to use, payments process is simple and fast

Cons

So far there is nothing that I use that I do not like

Response from 6Storage

Thank you for the positive feedback, Jan!

Dave

Pros and Cons

I am very please with the S/W and I am looking forward to version 2 once merging is complete.

Pros

It's ease of navigating around the program. It covers almost all the features needed to run the business. it was easy for a temp worker to pick it up and use while I was gone. I love the email report. It has come in very very handy. Also, the price in good.

Cons

I would like the discounts to be easier to use. There needs to be allot more reports. Reports are essential. All this data going in and no way of seeing it. One that comes to mind is marketing. It would be useful to see how customers found us. It would be nice to be able to create more reminders like to remind me (not the customer) when a discount is going to end. I should be able to tell it, like other reminders, how many days to report to me. I wish transfers would only transfer the tenant from one stall to another and not recalculate anything especially if the rate did not change. It should simply move it.

Reasons for switching to 6Storage

it was very expensive and because we are a small company it just made sense. 6S has all the we need even though SiteLink had more features. I've been able to do work arounds. The API charges are absolutely out of reach having to spend $1,000s of USD dollars a month for maintenance and licensing. They don't care if you are big or small. It i a good product, it is just too expensive.

Response from 6Storage

Thanks for the rating, Dave. We really appreciate it! We have noted your comment on the reports. We will work on the same.

Gail

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

First choice for self storage management

Our overall experience is a positive one and we can highly recommend this product for anyone setting up a self storage business.

Pros

Excellent support 24/7 takes the stress out of storage management. The programme is easy to use.

Cons

The ¨leads¨ section doesn't work for me.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

After trying the programme for a month along with the customer support that we got, especially at the initial set up, there was no doubt we had chosen the best product on the market.

There was no comparison to the 6storage management system

Response from 6Storage

Thanks for the 5-star rating, Gail. We're very grateful for customers like you!

Replied October 2021

Tiina

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Good

I have always received good service. I have always been answered when I need help.

Pros

Contract management. I would like a little improvement on this. Good if we could make a change to the saved dates, for example. Sometimes there was a problem when the invoice dates did not match. For example, February is 28 days or 29 days.

Cons

Inelasticity of the bill to the country-specific need.

Reasons for switching to 6Storage

The program is clumsy and I didn't respond to messages. Ohjelma, mikä meillä oli käytössä oli vanha ohjelma.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you for your comment Tiina. We have noted your feedback. Glad to hear that you're happy with our support!

Replied July 2021

February 2022

Client Review of 6Storage

10 out of 10

Pros

Easy to use software, runs it's self. Customer portal works great and auto payments flow well. Tech help is available via webchat if needed and is very fast to respond. Works well on Mac & Windows. Very pleased to have found this company.

Cons

Reservation registration & new enquiries logging. Doesn't export to Xero without fiddling with excel templates.

Cloud -

Response from 6Storage

Hello John! Thanks much for your valuable ratings. We look forward to serve you better.

Santeri

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

6Storage - The most well rounded Self Storage software management service I could find

The overall experience is great and would recommend anyone starting in the Self-Storage business. They fit the bill for businesses that are just starting and for scaling your business quickly.

Pros

The software is very easy to you and has many features other competitors lack. The team is competent and helpful when problems arise and are always available to help. I highly recommend the product because they will adapt to your needs without being expensive in the process.

Cons

Customer service is always available yet you need a few iterations before you arrive to the optimal solution. So it requires some time to be spent with them to really get everything ready to work for you at the most optimal level.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

Because the team convinced me that this is the best solution at the most competitive price as well as offering the most amount of solutions under one roof.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you for the feedback, Santeri! We appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review!

Matías

Industry: Warehousing

Good option if you are starting on the industry

6Storage allowed me to open my business within a week, we developed an online rental plugin for my website, and they did my payments integration almost on request. Support agents had very good service, but they were required more often than desirable due to glitches on the software.

Pros

All the basic functionalities for managing a self storage facilities are there. I especially liked the payment gateway integration with Stripe, the facility map, and having no problems with transactional emails. Also, the amount of support time I got was really high.

Cons

Missing multiple languages for tenants, meaning you can't for instance write different templates for english and spanish speaking tenants. I found better accounting reports lacking, and the email template editor was very basic.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

Better information online, better UX, and better on boarding material

Response from 6Storage

Thank you for the descriptive comment Matias! We're bringing lot more enhancements to the email template editor and I believe this will meet your needs.

Replied August 2021

Unbeatable Service and Value For Money

6Storage enables us to show potential customers what is available online. We love the automation and once we passed the learning curve it is so simple to use. We like that we can have this software on any of our computers at work or at home. The fact that an inconsiderate customer can call on a Sunday evening for example to pay their invoice means I can do this from my home PC and take payment from home at any hour.

Pros

Our favourite thing is the automation. Once we have signed a customer up which in it's self is very easy 6storage takes over and emails and SMS messages our customers invoices / notifications / receipts and any most importantly stays on their cases when they go past due date. All of this is done without our input. Payments are taken automatically if the customer has signed up to auto pay. We like how easy it is to process lease agreements and manage customers accounts. We must also say that the service from the support team is excellent. They have never ending patience and will always try and help and resolve the users problems. This service is on hand 24/7 and we used it extensively during our first year and during set up.

Cons

Nothing can be perfect but they do try and work on suggestions. One of my few gripes is that the SMS messages are not truly two way. At present I can SMS message customers direct from 6Storage and that message is held in a conversation thread for that customer but if a customer replies it is diverted to my mobile phone and I have to work out who sent the message. This isn't then stored on their conversation thread in 6Storage. We wish for 6Storage to be integrated better into Xero accounting software but it is a simple procedure to download a spreadsheet and upload it into Xero for accounting purposes. This is a small price to pay for an otherwise excellent tool.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

Most alternative companies of similar price ranges are US based and their support teams didn't start work until about 4pm UK time. 6Storage is 24/7 so for us we were able to contact them throughout the day and then continue in the evening from home if needs be. Alternative UK companies were very expensive, not the most appealing and also seemed to look down on us because we were a smaller company.

Reasons for switching to 6Storage

We needed a more focused product.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you so much for your kind words, Paul. Glad to hear that you're happy with our 24/7 support. We strive to give out the best to Storage Community. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with 6Storage.

Replied May 2021

Susan

6Storage's customer service - impeccable - always available and willing to assist our needs.

Pros

Automation - invoices sent prior to billing date. Many beneficial features - 6Storage is constantly improving features which make our staff's job easier to keep accurate accounting and effective communication with our tenants. Communication - 6Storage is always available 24/7 and they collaborate with their entire versatile staff to solve our issues within a very reasonable time period and with grace. They are always courteous and patient and they never give up in solving our needs. Alen heads up the sales & tech support team and has been very helpful in educating us on the use of the program including one on one personal tutorials in real time. He cares, understands our needs and proves it by following through with every request and in a timely manner.

Cons

Program runs a little slow but I partially blame that on we American's being impatient. Also, some features take several steps to get the job done - but the job does get done so I can't complain.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you so much for your kind words, Susan. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we agree, Alen is truly a gem to have on our team! We are glad to know that the automation process makes the job easier, also we count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We will optimize the speed within 3 seconds, as it has an average of 5 seconds.

Replied April 2018

Pablo

May 2022

Great software

I am becoming more love into 6storage

Pros

very useful and easy to manage. It is very visual and friendly graphics.

Cons

Missing to connect with AFIP Dpt. from Argentina to make the invoice with QR made by AFIP.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

It is more cheaper and compatible for Argentina but not connected with AFIP dept.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you so much for the review Pablo and I am happy to work with you.

Tosin

April 2022

6storage

satisfactory

Pros

6storage software overall functionality is perfect

Cons

6storage should try and include sitemap in the client booking page

Response from 6Storage

Hello Tosin, Thanks for sharing your ratings with us. We look forward to serve you better.

Peter

December 2021

6storage overall review

Pros

The customer service. It is outstanding. Also it is easy for the tenants to rent a unit.

Cons

The retro look, i would like an updated look.

Response from 6Storage

Hello Peter, Thanks much for your valuable feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with 6Storage.

Replied January 2022

6Storage - The best Self-Storage Software

User and customer experience have been world class.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and very powerful. Its features are extremely user friendly and a huge time saver for our multi location business.

Cons

Version 2 will sort out any cons. The 6Storage team have worked hand-in-hand with us to add and develop all of our requests.

User friendliness.

Reasons for switching to 6Storage

6Storage is much smarter and more user friendly.

Response from 6Storage

Hello James, Thanks for your feedback. We look forward to serving you better. We appreciate your business with 6storage.

Replied November 2021

Curran

Industry: Music

6Storage Review

Fantastic. We have a great relationship with everyone there. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Everyone that we encounter at 6Storage has been very personal, pleasant to work with, and most of all, dedicated to making the product work for their customers.

Pros

Its ease of use. Additionally, the customer support is wonderful!!!!

Cons

I can't complain!!!!! There is no software that does everything that every customer wants. But 6Storage will always work with customers to AND take their feedback to help improve. It is wonderful to see this commitment to a service.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

Features, level of support, pricing.

Response from 6Storage

Your review means a lot to us, Curran. It lets us know we're on the right track!

Replied October 2021

Attila

Deposito Ticino & 6Storage

Remote work, storage facility almost runs by itself, keeps the labor cost down.

Pros

Easy to use, great self-help search option, for almost all the problems gives the right solution.If I do not know what to do, I get a help shortly by online chat.

Cons

I really do not have any dislikes. I think has too many features that may not need.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

Very affordable price, excellent customer service, very knowledgeable customer service. One or two contact person takes care all the problems.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you so much for your kind words, Attila. Glad to hear that you're happy with our 24/7 support, We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with 6Storage.

Replied May 2021

Trent

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Product, Great Support, Great Value

Great people to work with - always responsive!

Pros

We were able to convert a process that was completely paper-based to the 6storage software very easily especially with the great support provided by the 6storage team. Our customers love the fact that they can now manage and pay their account online without having to make a trip to our office!

Cons

There are a lot of different ways to do what is essentially the same thing - it can be confusing at times, especially when the user is not computer savvy.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you for the positive words - its so good to be responsive and listen to someone isn't it. Yes, any facility using excel sheets or other time-consuming workflows can switch to 6Storage, a self-storage management software. You can always reach our 24x7 support for help, especially if you are not computer savvy.

Replied July 2020

enrico

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

April 2022

Aprilbox

Pros

Versatility and the possibility to do almost everything

Cons

Not so much intuitive I think because it is complete and complex

Response from 6Storage

Hello Enrico, Thanks much for your valuable feedback.

Replied April 2022

Isak

Intuitive and user frendly, high service level and ability to customize integrations

Pros

The program is very easy to use for both the customer service team as for the management. 6Storage has a highly skilled service and development team that helps us integrate other products and create a fully automatic system to run our business.

Cons

There are a lot of standard reports and the team help us create if we need different reports or changes, but the ability to create reports on our own would be great.

Response from 6Storage

Hello Isak! Thanks much for your ratings. Will make sure to work on this custom reports, in the upcoming days considering your feedback.

Replied November 2021

Dimitar

Good and getting even better.

Pros

Stable software which includes everything you can possibly need for your self storage business. I am using it for more than 8 months and I am satisfied. The customer support is great and every inquiry I have is resolved within a few hours.

Cons

We are using Cyrillic alphabet and it was a little bit hard to adapt and translate everything. Still some features in the invoices are still in English.

Response from 6Storage

Thanks for the awesome review, Dimitar! We work hard to maintain the stability of the software and to meet expectations. We¿re happy to hear that we hit the mark for you. We can translate everything in native language for all documents. Kindly drop in details to support@6storage.com, we will work on it.

Replied March 2018

Roger

Highly impressed with this software.

I set up 6 Storage for my client who owns the storage rental. I wasn't sure how well it would work for my client but it has worked out well for him. The software has had very miner glitches and the support has made up for them.

Pros

6 Storage is an automated software that allows renters the ability to select the rental unit, set up their own accounts and pay all in one session. It automatically gives them a discount (set by the admin) if they select semi-annually or annually. A lease is created for each renter and requires a signature, which can be signed on the renter's phone. After a tenant moves out, the unit automatically becomes available for rent. The Site Map is clear and easy to see if a unit is available, rented, or pulled out of service. Past due accounts turn red. Invoice, receipt emails are sent automatically making the entire system easy for keeping track of all renters."Pro-Rated" payment on the first month is another great feature that allows the admin to set up all rent due on the first of the month. As an admin working with software companies, it is critical to have support. I have been working in the website business for 20 years and have never had the quality of service that I get from 6 Storage. From the beginning, I was assigned to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as my Client Relations Manager. He has been amazing. Every time I have had an issue I just call him and he not only explains how to do what I need done but takes care of it for me. He has made personal calls to me to check up on how things are going and offers suggestions to make things work smoother. I have really appreciated his care and concern for my success as I manage [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the owner of the business.

Cons

6 Storage is still developing the software. It does not currently offer a simple "Refund" button that returns funds to the renter. Refunds can be given in the software but the funds needs to be manually returned either by check or through the payment gateway that is used. 6 Storage is working on that feature. In the U.S., Paypal is the most commonly used payment gateway. 6 Storage does not offer Paypal as of yet. They are working on adding a company that offers multiple gateways. This will be appreciated.

Reasons for choosing 6Storage

As an admin working with software companies, it is critical to have support. I have been working in the website business for 20 years and have never had the quality of service that I get from 6 Storage.From the beginning, I was assigned to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as my Client Relations Manager. He has been amazing. Every time I have had an issue I just call him and he not only explains how to do what I need done but takes care of it for me. He has made personal calls to me to check up on how things are going and offers suggestions to make things work smoother. I have really appreciated his care and concern for my success as I manage [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the owner of the business.None of the other storage rental unit companies offered the level of services and support that 6 Storage provides, especially at the price it was offered at. It truly is a bargain.

Response from 6Storage

Thank you for the descriptive comment Roger! Our client relationship manager is the best and he's a jovial person. We wish you luck with your future endeavors.

Replied December 2019

Elizabeth

Overall the program helps us with our basic needs for managing our storage facilities.

Pros

We love the site map feature where we can see all of the units laid out. We like the way you can use the suspended lease feature to keep up with tenants we have blocked out of our units. We also like that chat feature on the website, and always having someone there when we need them is helpful. The move in process is helpful and easy to use. It also is good with calculating how much prorated rent a new move-in needs to pay. We do love the customer service that we have been given.

Cons

There are several changes we would like to see made to better help us manage our storage facilities. In the Statements for each tenant, we would like payments and invoices to be organized by dates instead of "Invoice numbers." The system the way it is now, is extremely difficult not only for our company to follow, but tenants who come in requesting to view their statements have a hard time following it as well. The most recent payment we would like to be at the very top, of the statement, and then everything older is under it. Revenue reports groups the revenue by Buildings and Payment Dates, which is confusing for us when we try to reconcile when we make a deposit. The way it is now, when we pull a deposit, it only gives us the total amounts for each building, it does not specify who those people are that have paid that money. We need a report that shows us individual tenant's payments, something similar to the Daily Payment Report but in a list form that shows who the tenant is, their unit #, and the payment amount made. It doesn't need to show what their rent amount is, we just need to know how much they have paid. Being able to have all of those people on one list, would help us tremendously to reconcile each deposit. We also would like the Revenue Report to show after the Amount column to break the amount paid down into "Rent" and into "Late fees." Instead of us having to figure up from that amount what we keep we would like for that to be included for us.

Steve

Just what I needed

I was not eager to move to a web based software solution and I did not want to pay high setup and monthly support fees. I think 6Storage is VERY affordable and suits my midsize operation well. I am getting traffic and customers who would not have found me before. The credit card solution works fine.

Pros

Far and Away, the support is unequaled. Having been through multiple software conversions, I know there is ALWAYS need for technical support. These folks are incredibly helpful and available to chat on the software screen or in-person 24/7/365. Is software conversion easy? Never!! If someone says it is, run and don't look back. The other thing I get compliments-on, is the website they created for me. It was part of the package I bought and it was worth 2-years fees as far as I am concerned. Check mine out at AAAMetraMiniStorage.com.

Cons

I think I was one of the earlier customers and it has taken me a while to figure out the reports and ask them to customize some functions for5 my needs. They have been good about creating features I have asked for.

Response from 6Storage

Once again our technical team got recognized by your compliments and it adds more responsibility to continue our quality service. Thanks much for all your compliments and with your help we brought significant enhancements in the report. It's our pleasure to be your extended IT-arm by making your online presence.

Replied April 2019