• Pros

• "Easy to use, convenient, simple yet sophisticated"

• "The software is very easy to use once you are familiar with the program. It does a great job of helping us keep track of all of rentals in one convenient place. "

• "Easy to navigate, very considerate for the landlord."

• Cons

• "Lack of mobile app, but the internet application is mobile friendly "

• "The interface seems a little cluttered, but that could simply be because I don't use all of the functionality. I do "x" out of some recommendations and such that seem to always come back."

• "Sometimes, the tabs make it hard to navigate when you are trying to find something. Cozy was a bit more simple to use. However, Avail for sure has more features. "

Browse Avail Reviews

Ashanti from Real Estate

Easing the Process for First Time Landlords

Avail has been extremely easy to use and their customer service team is very helpful. I’ve had very little issues with the software and the monthly price is highly reasonable.

Pros

I love the fact that I can upload my Own lease. While I enjoy the option to create a lease using the template provided by Avail, I love being able to truly customize my lease.

Cons

I wish the software provided a document folder for each listing. There are other documents outside of the lease that associated with a rental and it’d be useful to be able to store all of the documents in one place.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

I chose Avail based on my actual needs, pricing, and ease of use. I actually tried to free trial option for each software and Avail was the easiest to use for the best price.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Ashanti, Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. We've taken a lot of time to really think through the tools that we offer and it is awesome to hear that a valued customer like you has had a positive experience with the platform. Having said that I definitely understand the need for the platform to have more document keeping capability (this is a request that we get quite frequently). My personal email is robert@avail.co; please feel free to email me with just a few additional details regarding additional feature requests and I'll be sure to get that information over to my head of product. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Chris from Olson Properties

Avail simplified my property management function

The greatest benefit has been collecting and depositing rent.

Pros

The software allows for many optional settings to customize how I like it.

Cons

The software does not allow for employees or multiple users with different levels of access.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

I figured "you get what you pay for" and I just thought it would give me more credibility when I interacted with customer support if I was paying for the service.

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their portfolio. I've also noted the request to allow multiple employees/users to be able to have their own logins. This is something we continue to discuss on our end; I'll be sure to get your feedback over to my head of product. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Olivier from UC Berkeley

There are scams on your website !

Pros

Very easy to use and looks fine for landlords, cannot say that for prospective tenants !

Cons

I was looking for a studio to rent. I filled the application as required by your website which looks very trustful. I thought you were doing some background check or at least ID check for the landlords posting offers on your website ! I was victim of a scam, a fake landlord tried to steal me 5,000$ of prepaid rent without allowing me to visit the place, even if I work 10 min away from this studio. The person was always pushing back the visit arguing that some new applicants would prefer a later date, or that they had too much work on that day and had to delay the visit of one or two days. Then the person told me that according to your website, I had the best application and should make a deposit to make a reservation, otherwise other applicants might do so and take the lease. The information required by your website are highly sensitive, I uploaded a copy of my French Passport and my international VISA. I have now revoked the access to my application for this landlord but they might have copies of my documents now. And who knows what they plan to do with them. You should be more professional ! It is very good to provide background check tools for landlords but you might be providing 'trusting' services and then helping swindlers to make up their scam ! I will contact your service and hope you could help me and compensate me for this unfortunate experience !

Response from Avail

Replied June 2019

Hi Oliver! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. I want to take this time to apologize to you for the experience that you reported. Fraud is a common industry issue, and here at Avail we take extra precautions to make sure that fraudulent activity is thoroughly investigated. Scammers are always looking for new ways to trick the platform's algorithms which forces us to stay on our toes. That said, I again do sincerely apologize that a fraudulent listing made it to our website. A lot of security changes are in the works (all exciting updates that we feel confident will make it even more challenging for fraudsters trying to scam others out of their hard earned money). I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail

Kate from Aloha Ventures

Avail makes keeping track of our tenants and rentals a piece of cake!

Fantastic customer service, both by phone and live chat. Fairly priced considering other options out there and gives us a great way to export financials to lenders.

Pros

We were able to create leases, send tenants the lease, have tenants enroll in auto-pay, and have tenants sign up for renters insurance all within an hour. Avail also sends you updates as a landlord if the State Laws update, which I didn't think to consider before we started using them.

Cons

Some of the rent scheduling can be glitchy if you need to edit a rent payment for a tenant. The tenant needs to edit and I think the landlord should really be the only one to edit.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

Avail had more features and the build your own lease was a plus!

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Yanov! Robert here I'm a Community Manager with Avail. On behalf of the team, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback! We really do appreciate hearing from valued product users like yourself. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible. Having said that, it sounds like you may have run into some issues with the scheduling tool. We're making a lot of exciting changes, but in order to keep us humble and make sure we're moving the product in the right direction, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you think we could improve. My email is robert@avail.co. Please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. All feedback is greatly appreciated and goes a long way! Thank you so much again. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Joshua from Self Employed

Industry: Military

Avail Offers Great Features at an Amazingly Low Price!

My interaction with Avail personnel has been great. I had a phone conversation with someone prior to upgrading my account and they were very helpful, explaining all of the differences that existed.

Pros

Avail does a great job presenting you with all of the relevant information for you to make decisions as a landlord. The website is easy to use and nearly all of the features are free to use for a single rental unit, although I easily justified the Pro account due to the Credit Boost feature that it offered. Overall a great product!

Cons

There was nothing that I found that I did not like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

Avail offered better features for free. Avail also marketed the Credit Boost feature very well which played a large part in selecting them.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2020

Hi Joshua, Robert here I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for the honest review of Avail. We definitely aim to make a great first and lasting impression, while also acknowledging areas for improvement so we can continue to make the product experience that much better. I'll definitely relay your feedback to our product team and dev team! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

The Most Amazing Landlord Software Ever

I love Avail, it saved me the trouble of dealing with the issue of charging my tenant late fee when she forgot to pay rent on time. It's great to document all the maintenance activities and the rent record.

Pros

Easy to navigate, very considerate for the landlord.

Cons

I wish there will be an app for this!!!!

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We definitely want to make the rental process easier for landlords and tenants. Our co-founders set out with the goal of making this process easier, so to hear that type of feedback in a review like yours really does make it all worth it. As for a mobile app, that is definitely on our product roadmap. In the meantime, our website is optimized for mobile device usage so your tenants can easily access it from their mobile device's web browser. Again, I can't begin to thank you enough for the kind words! If there's anything we can help out with, please feel free to reach out! Best, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Sarah from J & S Brandenberger Properties

Achieving the goal of running out real estate business from anywhere!

The online lease process was a breeze.

Pros

LOVE the online leasing plus esign feature. I have been a cozy user for a long time and I switched to be able to do state specific paperless leases.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

A bit of an upgrade from cozy— easier to use than buildium— and WAYY less expensive than buildium or appflio. It’s like Cozy 2.0 with a lot of extras.

Response from Avail

Replied January 2020

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for the review. Your feedback is going to help in a big way as we work towards a stronger product offering that you'll hopefully love for years to come!!! The best way we can improve is with genuine, honest feedback from our valued community members, so thank you for providing that! We're always pushing hard to get to that #1 spot so I'll definitely get this information over to my Product team. Thank you so much again and please know that we are here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Tyler from W Properties

Good features so far

Support has been terrific. Definitely contributes to my impression that Avail is well on its way to having the “Cadillac” identity in landlord management solutions. Nice work with your payment and Leasing setup. Also nice work with much of the marketing tools. Add premium adds (pay for top of list advertising) and syndication to the rest of the online rental sites and you’ll go from a convenient but moderately effective marketing solution to a slam dunk! Or, partner With RentLinx.

Pros

Avail has thoughtfully designed. The features it has work well and they have a more solid foundation in there product than any of the other offerings I explored. Avail has a great product in what feels like a budding market.

Cons

I’m looking forward to Avail tackling some new problems (feature requests): - user selectable widgets on the dashboard, new info options here (time sensitive actions pending in tenant on boarding, maintenance requests, financial performance KPIs, etc) - Kanban style board of maintenance requests - scheduling automation or better yet, partnership with other providers (ShowMojo) - marketing: listing distribution (partnership with RentLinx.com) - Application fees for Smart Move are prices higher than all competitors in your market. My biggest interest is in Avail continuing what you’ve done well: implement features that eliminate or minimize the things that cost me the most time in managing my properties. My biggest suggestion is to assess whether there are niche service providers that do a better job of tenant lifecycle management than you currently do. I’d so, partner with them or match/exceed what they are doing by developing that out in your system. - enable me to block CC payments or include language in the user agreement taking full liability for disputed payments. - listing syndication details seem to loose a lot in translation.

See above.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Tyler! This is a very very thorough review and we definitely appreciate you taking the time to really break down the areas of improvement. For our team here at Avail, feedback like this is truly invaluable. For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. And for those areas where we could certainly improve our product/process, this is absolutely the type of feedback that will help inform our product roadmap moving forward. In terms of potential partnership opportunities, I would recommend reaching out to my colleague Dave (dave@avail.co). In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help out, please feel free to let me know -- my email is robert@avail.co. Thank you so much again for the thorough review and for being a valued Avail member. I will definitely be sure to relay this to my product team. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Javonni from Zion group

Ok, but nothing special.

Pros

Leases, online signing. Rent payments are nice

Cons

Hard to navigate, not very fluid or easy to use.

Not sure, regret it

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Javonni, Thank you so much for the honest review -- and I do sincerely apologize that your experience concluded with you feeling as though it wasn't worth it. We've tried to do our best to competitively price our features given that it is a one-stop-shop for everything and we do have different subscription tiers based on the number of units you have. Still, if there were issues with payments I definitely understand how that could lead to a not so great experience. I've personally noted your feedback. That said, if you could email me (robert@avail.co) with a little bit of info, I'd love to see if there's a way we could rectify the situation. I'll also relay this feedback to my product team as well. Again, I can't thank you enough for your feedback and I do apologize again if we've missed the mark. On behalf of my team, thank you so much for choosing Avail and I hope to hear from you soon. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Cynthia from SPNR EQUITIES CORP

Avail Review

Overall I am pleased with the processes in place, they give me the ability to refer to AVAIL as my management service company when speaking to the tenants.

Pros

The ability to remove ourselves from the money collection piece of the tenancies.

Cons

The Reporting module is weak, whomever designed the options doesn't seem to know what kinds of information or trends a landlord or accountant would need, and the data they are looking for. The format they comes out in requires too much time to get to a usable spreadsheet.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

Ability to put the vacancies on many site giving it a true professional quality as well as the screening process. Now that we have tenants I don't want to live without the rent collection modules.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Cynthia, Robert here. I'm Avail's Community Manager and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for any difficulty you've experienced using your account. As you've noted, there are some added benefits of having more beefed up accounting features. We are making a lot of changes to the platform, yet we still want to keep it within the scope of our target DIY rental owner. Nevertheless, I'd love to hear more about the accounting features you'd like to see so that Avail can become a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Christopher from Allen Prop Co LLC

Industry: Investment Management

Great software for starting out

As a family investing in multi-family properties we're wanting to manage them ourselves but we're also starting from scratch. Avail is a great option for listing, leasing and rent collection, which is a HUGE help. It's not perfect but for the price I think it's the best option right now. I'd recommend for anyone with small portfolios or just starting out.

Pros

The software is great about streamlining processes. It takes something like listing the property, which could take hours to post to individual sites like Zillow, Apartments.com etc, and lets you post in a matter or minutes.

Cons

The software can sometimes feel like a hammer when you need a scalpel. When you post your listings the software will scrub out anything that looks like contact information. I assume this is because they want all the communication captive in the system. This is in theory but it forces us to use clunky lines of communication while simultaneously trying to make a first impression with prospective tenants. There are enough examples of how that manifests itself that my newest tenant just moved in and isn't exactly thrilled when I tell her we have use Avail for certain operations.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Christopher, Robert here I'm a Community Manager with Avail. On behalf of the team, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback! We really do appreciate hearing from valued product users like yourself. Furthermore, I did want to also sincerely apologize for any issues that you might be running into in terms of the platform not being as fluid as you'd have hoped/being clunky. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible, and it sounds like this was not the case in your instance. We're making a lot of exciting changes, but in order to keep us humble and make sure we're moving the product in the right direction, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you think we could improve. My email is robert@avail.co. Please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. All feedback is greatly appreciated and goes a long way! Thank you so much again. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Eric from Real Estate

Keeps your home rentals organized

Pros

The following are not in any order of importance. (They are all important>) * Lease signing (paperless) * Can customize your lease using state specific template * Avail reminds tenants when rent is due. My rent is paid on time by my tenants and I dont have to do anything. * Tenants pay rent using ACH transactions * Listing your available rentals is easy * Prospective tenants complet rental application on line (no work for me to input data) * Tenants pay for background / credit check (I don't have to collect money or do anything) and then Avail sends me the applications * Avail reminds me 60 days before lease expires (I don't have to remember anything) * Maintenance portal for tenants to place maintenance requests * Avail provides a simple to set up marketing website for my properties

Cons

The state specific lease for my state (Florida) was pretty basic and had some typos. I have spent a lot of time improving the lease for my requirements. But it is easy to edit and make changes. Once you do your first lease, you can clone it for your other properties.

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for the glowing review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements; my email is robert@avail.co; in addition to some simple lease fixes, please feel free to let me know any other constructive feedback you might have so we can make that feature stronger. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and would love to learn more. My email is robert@avail.co -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

I really like Avail, and it's improving

I have rented property for two years, starting with one and now have four properties. Avail has worked as sort of a rental guide for me. From listing, to lease, to collecting payments, Avail has helped me run the flow of being a property owner/manager. I feel like I look more professional to tenants and it keeps me at an arms length on the day to day issues.

Pros

I like: Support: open a support ticket and they respond within a couple of hours AND solve the problem. The notifications it gives tenants when rent is due and when they're late. The ACH payment system The listing tool to list my rental on numerous sites with only entering the information once.

Cons

-The lease tool can be a little clunky. -Lease renewals are a bit difficult to figure out. -A tenant moving to a new unit I manage with a new lease was hard to set up or figure out.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi!! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and that can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on several lease updates and other bug fixes. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Elaine from Ventures Etc., LLC

All Small/Med Landlords should use Avail

Nearly everything to do with managing our rental properties is now electronic thanks to Avail. Saves hours and looking for things, in addition to making the rental and collections processes smooth.

Pros

The automated features are the best. Automated communication to tenants, electronic leases (with state legal updates), posting a rental and receiving applications, processing, applications, rent collection, and so much more.

Cons

The inability to have anything but the main email associated with things is difficult. Same with telephone numbers. In many cases more than 1 person manages the tenants, but everything (except add a contractor) must use the main email and phone number. Some features aren't greatly intuitive, but easy to use once you know the tricks.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Elaine! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). Several landlords have reached out about this (the ability to have only 1 email associated with an account), and the shortest answer is for simplicity of use. Since we are built for smaller DIY landlords, we have determined that this is the best way (a lot of property management teams have requested multiple logins). While I know that multiple logins is on our roadmap, I don't have a definitive timeline. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Quoc from Modern Drug

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Simplified, easy to use

great tech support and made being a landlord easier. Just requires some polishing. Refer to the cons area.

Pros

-listing is simplified -personal marketing page to quick link places not on listing -leasing is simplified -online payments

Cons

-needs to be able to break down to individual room rentals. I rent rooms to students in my home, and it splits it up as an apartment or some weird format. When it goes to online listing, it doesn't matchup correctly and people believe its the whole house for rent. -listing syntax needs to be worked out. seems like what we input in avail doesn't always translate correctly to zillow or zumper listings.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

found it first. had the 1 unit free to try.

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Hi Quoc! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Avail. I can't begin to thank you enough. Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements so we can provide nothing less than a top-notch experience. My email is robert@avail.co; just to clarify, our platform is designed for property owners with standard rentals rather than individual rooms for rent (many of the partner sites have restrictions on listing rooms for rent as well). Still, we want to be sure to provide a balanced experience for landlords across the spectrum and your feedback is very valuable to us. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and would love to learn more. My email is robert@avail.co -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Jacqueline from Real Sweet Properties

Great software for property management

I've been able to easily manage my out of state properties with the help and ease of Avail. The maintenance communication layout has allowed me to better track and manage maintenance requests and their associated costs. Additionally it's offered a great platform for managing an e-signed lease agreement.

Pros

Avail is perfect for small property management teams with the ease of marketing your rental through their site, reviewing applications and general tenant screening, creating a lease agreement and tenant maintenance requests. All of these features are easy to use and the overall lay out of the site is user friendly and well displayed.

Cons

The only con I run into with this software is that the automated emails that go out to applicants and tenants do not include an option to cc or bcc the landlord.

Response from Avail

Replied August 2019

Hi Jacqueline, Robert here I'm one of our resident Community Managers and I first just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful review. Reviews like yours mean a lot to us; it helps landlords all over the country who are looking for a new rental business solution to find us. As you noted, we are meant for small DIY landlords (and their teams) and we've tried to think through developing and delivering tools that our core userbase would most appreciate. I did just want to clarify that from directly within your account you're able to access those email settings. This allows you to receive those same notifications that your tenants are CC'd on (you can also change this from directly via the payments page as well). Again, I can't begin to thank you enough! In the meantime, if you need anything else please let me know. More than happy to be a resource for you when we can! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Shaina from Consumer Goods

A must have for rental owners and managers!

So far the customer service and support has been great. Any time I need anything or have a question the team has gotten back to me quickly. Easy to use and has really improved my ability to manage my rental.

Pros

This software adds ease to both the start of the rental process (application review and acceptance) as well as ongoing support of the rental. It allows for electronic payment collection and can allow for multiple payers for a single unit to take out the guesswork of who still needs to pay and removes the need for one tenant to carry the burden of payments. This software allows for customization of what is required, how payments are processed and tickets that can be cut and addressed in the portal.

Cons

There are some additions that could improve the software including integration of payments to utilities and auto payment requests, addition of an app for on the go management.

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Shaina! Our co-founders set out with the goal of making this process easier, so to hear that type of feedback in a review like yours really does make it all worth it. As for integration of payments to utilities and auto payment requests, just to clarify there are some things that we make standard in order to give landlords more flexibility. Since utility costs may vary from month to month, a landlord will need to manually add that fee in. Still, I certainly understand the need and will be sure to pass this information to my head of product. Also, a mobile app is definitely on our product roadmap. In the meantime, our website is optimized for mobile device usage so your tenants can easily access it from their mobile device's web browser. Again, I can't begin to thank you enough for the kind words! If there's anything we can help out with, please feel free to reach out! Best, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

JEFFRY from Cedarstone, LLC

Cedarstone Review

Excellent overall

Pros

Cons

Not as much with the software but with the lack of tutorials of the software. I think it would be beneficial to have several tutorials on how to enter units into the program. Customer service was great at helping every time we called but would have been nice to have something else to go by.

Price and reviews

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Jeffry, Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for the lack of tutorials. We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take some time to update our tutorials to appropriately reflect all of those new changes (which can definitely cause some confusion and can lead to a not so great experience). Having said that I'd love to hear more about any specific features we could highlight, and most importantly, would love to know what you'd like to see changed so that Avail can become a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

eric from Florida Gulf Coast Management

Avail Review

Good

Pros

I'm currently advertising a property for rent so I'm using the marketing website for the 1st time and I'm getting tons of interest because of the multiple websites my ad is being put on. Every time I had an issue or perceived issue I reached out to the support group and was almost immediately directed on how to fix the problem.

Cons

I don't really have any cons at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

I read some very positive reviews from some industry researchers that its their job to critique property management software. I felt like this was a good fit for me and up till now Ive been right!

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that this is something we take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned, and as we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account never hesitate to reach out to us; we're here as a resource for you! - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail

Amgad from Dream home services

Great enabler

Is was one of the very first adaptors it enabled me to expand my business beyond what I could have without it

Pros

Designed with small business rental property owners in mind, full cycle management from advertising and listing to deposit rent and submit service requests

Cons

Lack of mobile app, but the internet application is mobile friendly

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Amgad! We definitely want to make the rental process easier for landlords and tenants. Our co-founders set out with the goal of making this process easier, so to hear that type of feedback in a review like yours really does make it all worth it. As for a mobile app, that is definitely on our product roadmap. In the meantime, our website is optimized for mobile device usage so your tenants can easily access it from their mobile device's web browser. Again, I can't begin to thank you enough for the kind words! If there's anything we can help out with, please feel free to reach out! Best, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Easy to use software for new landlords

Easy collections management, automatic payments and lease renewals.

Pros

Although Rentalutions offers a ton of functionality, I like how easy it is to setup a payment schedule. Cash flow is important as a Landlord, and Rentalutions will send tenants reminders about payments if not made before a certain date. The landlords also get notifications when payments are made and notified regarding the date of deposit in their account.

Cons

I wish there was a way to trim down the functionality. The new UI is slick, but I really only use about 25% of this product. I find that the screens are a little crowded now.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi! Robert here; I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. As for the UI feeling a bit crowded, I do sincerely apologize for that. We're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make the on-boarding process even more intuitive. Reviews like yours are central to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account, let me know. My email is robert@avail.co, and I'm here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert Bates Community Manager @ avail.co

Andrew from BioCraft Orthotic Lab, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Professional Landlord tools at your fingertips

Customer service has been friendly and effective. I continue to use the software and hope to expand my rental portfolio using this software.

Pros

This software handles most all tools you'll need to list your property, screen tennants, create a lease, collect rent payments, schedule maintenence, and so much more. It's a good way to manage one or several properties. Also makes for a professional appearence as a landlord. I especially like the online background check - definatly helps to secure the right tennant.

Cons

Little to dislike. The company is always improving the software and introducing new features.

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Hi Andrew, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say on behalf of the entire Avail team that we are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so that the process of renting could become super easy, especially for landlords who have decided to self-manage their REI portfolios. As you so kindly noted, we are continually thinking through ways we can continue to improve our platform. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation, and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail. Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Christian from Real Estate Industry

Great for properties, not so much on the back end

Avail has great reporting and intuitive features (reminders, ease of use, tenant experience) it really worked well for the partner in my business that does sales and marketing. However, we decided to go with a competitor because of the lack of financials for accounting purposes.

Pros

The ease of use and alerting features. I demoed 6 property management softwares and avail was the most modern and easy to use. I setup the software with no heavy learning curve very quickly.

Cons

While the software excels on the front end (tenants, payments, dashboards) the financial aspects are very limiting. If they made it to be an all-inclusive software to run multiple properties from the business owner side, investor side, and tax side, it would be a top-tier product.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Christian, Robert here I'm a Community Manager with Avail. On behalf of the team, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback! We really do appreciate hearing from valued product users like yourself. Furthermore, I did want to also sincerely apologize for any issues that you might be running into in terms of the platform not being as fluid as you'd have hoped from a reporting perspective. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible, and it sounds like this was not the case in your instance. We're making a lot of exciting changes, but in order to keep us humble and make sure we're moving the product in the right direction, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you think we could improve. My email is robert@avail.co. Please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. All feedback is greatly appreciated and goes a long way! Thank you so much again. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Frank from State Bar of California

Industry: Legislative Office

Enlightening Service

The knowledge and database of forms Avail offers is invaluable. It is generally easy to use and takes much of the " guesswork " out of selecting and using proper forms for the daily running of property management . It is a definite " Must Have " for any Property Owner or Manager. Thank you Avail.

Pros

I truly appreciate the vast database of documents available at Avail. The standard forms are there for the user and the ability to add your own rules and clauses is incredibly helpful. There's no need to worry about standard language or which form is correct for your region. Avail takes care of that from the start. It's uniquely foolproof. Thank you Avail.

Cons

I do wish there were an easier way to finalize a document and save it to a hard drive. It seems the only way to view a " finished " document is to email it to an account you have access to. If there's something I'm missing I'd like to be made aware of a different procedure.... If not, then I do hope Avail makes a simpler process for viewing finished documents available in the future.

Response from Avail

Replied January 2020

Hi Frank, Thank you so much for the honest feedback! A review like yours is going to help in a big way. As we work towards a stronger product offering, the best way for us to improve is to take the genuine, honest feedback that we receive into consideration. I'll definitely be sure to get this information over to my Product team. Thank you so much again and please know that we are here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

John from Swingline Property Management

One Stop for all of Your Real Estate Needs

Pros

Working with our tenants has never been easier! Avail makes communication simple

Cons

The options for advertising vacant listings could be improved upon but not bad overall

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the honest review, John!! Believe me when I say this is the type of feedback that really helps us to improve the platform. Personally, I am super thrilled to have you as a part of the Avail community and if there's anything I can do to help provide a better experience, please feel free to reach out directly (robert@avail.co) -- if you have any additional feedback about our listing feature, I'd be more than happy to share that with my product team. If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us and thanks so much again for choosing Avail. - Robert B., Community Manager at Avail.co

Russ from Williamsburg Properties LLC

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Testing Property Management Tools

Overall it was good and understand it is a growing platform. The pricing is a bit high to jump on with a bunch of units. Still exploring if it could be used in full and track payments well.

Pros

It is easy to use for applications and background checks

Cons

Leases were not great. It would be great to load an existing lease format and be able to electronically send and have populated by renter.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

Top google search and free trial

Response from Avail

Replied January 2020

Hi Russ, Thank you so much for the honest feedback! A review like yours is going to help in a big way. As we work towards a stronger product offering, the best way for us to improve is to take the genuine, honest feedback that we receive into consideration. I had a chance to review your comments around pricing and the lease feature as a con, and l definitely want to be sure to get this information over to my Product team. I also will reach out to my colleague Lilly who may be able to help with better understanding how to use our lease tool (there's a lot of opportunity there and I want to make sure the experience is super easy to understand). Thank you so much again and please know that we are here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Joseph from Triple Canopy LLC

Industry: Public Safety

Aail is a very useful product with just a few minor glitches

I am managing three rental houses with Avail. I have had only minor issues that have been resolved quickly through customer service. The system works as advertised with very few hiccups.

Pros

Tracking of received monies as well as tracking of maintenance issues

Cons

Inability to personally customize. There are a few areas that I would like to change or add options

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Joseph! My name is Robert and I'm one of the dedicated Community Managers here at Avail. I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); and while I know that additional customization features are on our product roadmap, I don't have an exact date on the release of those features as of yet. That said I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Mike from Brashears insurance

Great rental mgnt software

Easy to buy, set up and use. 8 out of 10.

Pros

Simple to set up Great lease set up and legal advise. Easy for tenants to pay their rent.

Cons

No repair person setup for tenants to call when repairs are needed.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Mike, Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you so much for leaving such a thorough review of our product. We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), and a review like yours really helps our team to move the product in the right direction. I've personally made note of the issue of adding a contractor/repair person; typically this individual's contact info would be added from the account settings page. Still, I understand that it could be a little bit more straightforward, and I do deeply apologize for any confusion! Please feel free to send this along with any other constructive feedback over to me (robert@avail.co). I'll definitely get this over to my Product team. Thanks again and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! :) Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

William from Assets Unlimited Inc.

New Landlord

Property management with excellent communication.

Pros

Keeps track of everything and communicates effectively with both tenant and landlord. I am new, but with this software I am very confident that I am doing it right.

Cons

Some tenants may feel that the payment due date reminders are a little aggressive. For example, two notices are sent in advance of each month's rent payment. Probably not a bad idea but I think that I would be annoyed if I were on the receiving end.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi William, Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your product review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. As for the tenant notifications, I do sincerely apologize for any hassle this may have created. Many landlords have noted that rent reminders aren't sent enough which is why we do send those before the due date, but I totally understand how it could be frustrating. We're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make the on-boarding process even more intuitive. Reviews like yours are central to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account, let me know. My email is robert@avail.co, and I'm here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert Bates Community Manager @ Avail.co

Vikram from Expandtree Inc

Great

Pros

I like the customer services response with any questions . Ease of use .

Cons

If you can add accounting software along with it and provide direct schedule E form for reporting. If Rent ACH transfer time come down.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Vikram! Robert here? I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); and while I know that additional accounting features are on our product roadmap, I don't have an exact date on the release of those features as of yet. That said I do sincerely apologize for the delay. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

MARCUS from Maleena Realty LLC

Property management made easier

I love the product

Pros

Easy to receive payments and track all payments

Cons

Apartment pay twice same. Andress but pay twice a

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Marcus, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team, we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could be super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their REI portfolio. In regards to any difficulties you may have experienced when using our platform, I'd love to learn more about what we could be doing better. This is the type of feedback that will help us to remain competitive and will enable us to provide a better all-around experience for our customers. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and feel free to reach ou with additional feedback. My email is robert@avail.co. Please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Best Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Crystal from IBM

Highly recommend Avail!

My overall experience has been very positive. The software is a good quality product, and I've received excellent customer service from the staff!

Pros

Avail is a great resource for landlords. I am a first-time landlord, and I've found the software very easy to use. The support team has been especially helpful when I've had questions. They have been very responsive to my questions and concerns. There is also a lot of online articles and resources for Avail users. The Lease is simple to set-up, and I can optionally modify existing clauses or add my own clauses to fit the needs of my property. Payments can also be conveniently set up and paid online by the tenants.

Cons

I would like a way to create a template of an existing lease so I don't have to modify the lease template to fit my needs each time. There may be a way to do this. If so, I haven't figured it out. In the meantime, I have downloaded copies of older leases which I can refer to while I'm creating a new lease.

Response from Avail

Replied August 2019

Hi Crystal! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say on behalf of the entire Avail team we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for first-time landlords like yourself! :) As you so kindly noted, everything from our listing feature to our lease creation tool was designed with landlords like you in mind. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Jen from Real Estate Property Advisor

Exactly what I needed for Property Management

This is perfect for what I need for my small business. I just wanted a program that was easy to work with, my tenets could set up their accounts for payments, and I could easily watch the accounts. I also like the ease of access for all my houses or just one house, and how I can keep my contracts, repair requests, and payment online. This was perfect for everything I needed in my company.

Pros

I love how easy the program is to use, the direct deposit option, and how its customizable for what I need. I can change lease prices per month, I can see if a payment is declined easily, and I can quickly check all my houses.

Cons

When I needed to change the rent price I had to cancel the whole thing and put in a new 'lease'. Once its set up for tenets changing items in bulk is not easy .

Reasons for Choosing Avail

The ability to work in the system before paying was a huge bonus. Then the cost for what I needed compared to everything else makes this an easy choice. It grows with my company depending on houses that I have and I like that I don't need to constantly call to change my subscription. I can just add houses and Avail adjusts for me. This was the main reason I chose this.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Jen, Thank you so much for the thorough feedback. For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. I've personally noted the rent-price change issue and have also relayed that to my team. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Best, Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

kevin from Nusonian House

Very good product with Great support

small landlord rental software that is so cost effective we cant afford not to use it- centralized records, of maintenance and payments, leases , and tenants .

Pros

ease of use, price and most of all superb customer support

Cons

Wish it had accounting integration or add on.

Response from Avail

Replied September 2019

Hi Kevin, My name is Robert and a Community Manager here at Avail. I just wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for taking the time to write such an honest review)! We are thrilled to hear that you're finding the platform easy to use, that the price works well for you and that you had such a good experience with our CS team. This said we are working to provide further in-app tools to hopefully make things a bit more manageable from an accounting standpoint. While I can say that this is on our future roadmap, I don't yet have an exact date. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Kris from Falk River Homes

Simplifies tenant management

Pros

It's got the leasing, rent payment, advertising, screening, and all the key tenant management tasks covered under one web site that's easy to use and seems to work quite well.

Cons

There are certainly cheaper options available, but not ones that do as much as Avail does for you. The benefits of the system are definitely worth the modest fees.

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Hi Kris, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their portfolio. In regards to pricing, this is something we've thought through time and time again and we will continue to take this type of feedback into consideration in order to remain competitive (from a cost-efficiency standpoint). Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Max from Page 42 Properties

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use rental management software

Very positive. Helpful staff who offered to walk me through software tutorials.

Pros

From the beginning of the rental Process (screening potential renters) to signing leases and managing rent collection, avail provides an easy to use user experience and straight forward functionality. Highly recommend

Cons

Many emails every week from the automated email system was annoying before I unsubscribed

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Max, Thank you so much for the glowing review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. I've personally noted the issue with emails and have also relayed that to my team. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

taghi from Waze Development LLC

Avail review

Pros

We like the software easy to use and the limited feature help in gathering information

Cons

It very limited and can't track utilities, taxes or insurance on this platform.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Taghi, Thank you so much for the constructive feedback. A review like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements on our end; my email is robert@avail.co; in addition to any platform-related questions you still might have, I'd love to learn more about some of the other features you'd like to see. Please feel free to include any other constructive feedback you might have so we can continue to make Avail a platform that you and other rental owners will love for years to come. Again, I can't thank you enough for your time, and I would love to learn more. My email is robert@avail.co -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Benjamin from Internet

Great for new landlords

On the times I've had to reach out to Avail they've responded in a reasonable time, and resolved the issues quickly. They were mostly user-error.

Pros

The product handles almost everything a property management company does, except the actual human element. Rent analysis Build listing & syndicate to other sites (plus materials to help guide you through building an effective listing) Tenant screening Lease/Contract signing, along with localized templates, and options to customize. Payment scheduling & management late fee management online maintenance requests lease renewals.

Cons

No complaints about any current features, but one place where it could improve is reporting. For example, year end reporting of income & expenses from the property, to assist at tax time. Currently I have to handle this outside the product.

n/a

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Hi Benjamin! Thank you for writing such a detailed review. For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. In terms of improving the reporting, this particular point of feedback is something that we've gotten from quite a few users. That being said we are certainly taking this as a key point of consideration moving into the new year (it is most certainly on our radar as far as being a part of our product roadmap). Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and would love to learn more. My email is robert@avail.co -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Dr Ann Nkiruka from Primary/Secondary Education

Makes Being A Remote Landlord Easy!

I love using Avail and I have recommended it to family and friends who have rental property.

Pros

Avail helps me manage my properties from hundreds of miles away. The system allows me to advertise vacancies, accept applications, check backgrounds, create and sign leases, and collect rent—all remotely.

Cons

The initial set up for my tenants’ payments was a little buggy, but customer service was very helpful. No future issues.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Dr. Nkiruka, My name is Robert and I'm one of the dedicated Community Managers here at Avail. I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); this also includes providing a more intuitive tenant on-boarding process. That said I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review; I'll definitely relay your kind words to my Customer Success team, and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you! More than happy to help out as best we can :) Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Joe from Starwire Technologies

Industry: Utilities

Great for rental properties

Pros

I like that it is affordable and makes it easy for tenants to pay online. Most rental properties I am aware of are difficult for communication and you need to mail a check or drop it off. It's also great for creating and signing leases without having to worry about meeting or mailing paperwork back and forth.

Cons

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Joe! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on 'decluttering some of the user dashboard to make it a bit more intuitive - more on that to come). I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Julia from Cactus Medical Communications

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great software for small scale landlords

Overall, I love Avail and don't see any reason to use another software.

Pros

I use this software to keep track of just two properties, and I like it because it's very affordable for small landlords like me and still provides all of the features I want from a professional property management software.

Cons

I wish the billing system could be more flexible. For instance, there doesn't seem to be an easy (from-the-dashboard) way to mark an invoice as paid from my end if a tenant gave me a check instead of using the system.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Julia! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for leaving such a thorough review of Avail! We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), and a review like yours really helps our team to move the product in the right direction. I've personally made note of the invoice issue, and while you can achieve this from directly on the payments page, I still understand that it could be a little bit more straightforward. If you'd like, please feel free to send this along with any other constructive feedback over to me (robert@avail.co). I'll definitely get this over to my Product team! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! :) Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Timothy from Pilmaier & Dudley, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

I have been using Rentalutions for 10 months to manage a property with 5 units.

Takes a lot of the guesswork out of property management.

Pros

Listing available apartments on multiple sites all in one go, as well as creating new leases is extremely simple and flexible.

Cons

Web-based software is naturally susceptible to local and national internet outages. Rare, but when there is a problem, the software is entirely unavailable.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Timothy, Robert here? I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your product review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. As for the outages, I do sincerely apologize for any hassle this may have caused. You are 100% correct, web-based software is naturally susceptible to local and national internet outages. That said we're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make product status notifications even clearer. I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co) and we can go from there! Happy to be a resource for you when I can. Kindly, Robert Bates Community Manager @ Avail.co

Sean from First Table Restaurant Group LLC

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

18 months

Pros

I really love this software. User friendly and pretty quick. They must use high end servers. Once you learn it within a few clicks, it’s a breeze. I especially like the quick pay feature. Money in my account within 48-72 hours.

Cons

No app for iPhone. This is embarrassing for a company like yourself. If you don’t have an App by the end of the year. I will leave the service ASAP

Response from Avail

Replied June 2019

Hi Sean, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned? especially for collecting rent payments. That said, countless landlords have told us that a mobile app is a must-have. We've taken this feedback to heart and while I can say that a mobile app is on our roadmap in the coming months, I don't have an exact date for that yet. I'd love to hear more from you about what else we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. As we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. Kindly, ? Robert B. ?Community Manager @ Avail.co

Dustin from Carter Properties

Great software

Pros

Easy to use, convenient, simple yet sophisticated

Cons

I dont really have anything I dont like.

Response from Avail

Replied January 2020

Hi Dustin! Thank you so much for the review. Your feedback is going to help in a big way as we work towards a stronger product offering that you'll hopefully love for years to come. The best way to improve is with genuine, honest feedback so thank you for providing that! I'll definitely share this information with the rest of my team! Thank you so much again and please know that we are here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Scott from ELMM Properties

Helpful Tool

I like it and have received lots of traffic regarding the listing so that's great, the follow up responses arent so great, but could be my unit and pricing so who knows.

Pros

Being new to property management, I need help with listing the unit, processing an application, and creating a lease agreement. I have not made it to the point to actual process an agreement yet but the listing of the unit was a streamlined and efficient process.

Cons

I worry that when I respond to a rental inquiry using the web platform my response is landing in junk or spam mail, but no way to confirm that I'm aware of.

Reasons for Choosing Avail

it listed on multiple sites, not just the one.

Response from Avail

Replied April 2020

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for leaving such a thorough review of Avail. My name is Robert and I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for leaving such a thorough and honest review of Avail. We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), and a review like yours helps us to make sure we're moving the product in the right direction. If you have any additional information that you'd like to add to that, please feel free to send this over to me as well (my email is robert@avail.co), and I'll get this over to my Product team! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Sarah from Dodea

Landlord overseas

I have been happy so far and feel that it’s a good value for my money.

Pros

It’s affordable, and provides my tenants a easy way to sign their lease and send payment. I like that I can do background check without having to copy their personal information. This aspect keeps us both safe.

Cons

It can sometimes be tricky to navigate. I wish I could contact someone by phone when I’m having issue instead of having to wait for an email.

Response from Avail

Replied November 2019

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for the kind review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. Having said that, I also want to clarify the fact that you can typically reach us by phone (sorry for any difficulties or confusion around that). Our number is 312-292-9347 and our hours of operation are 9 am to 5 pm CST, 7 days a week. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Erin from PWCS

Slow to pay

I was able to find potential rentals, but the client we went with was from advertising from a different venue. Nice visuals, great for someone who has never been a landlord before, but not worth the hassle of waiting for payments to go through and upsetting clients.

Pros

The visual organization and ease for a newbie to start renting.

Cons

If it takes the payments that long to transfer, it’s just not worth it.

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Erin, Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for leaving such a thorough review of Avail! I've personally made note of the concerns that you've mentioned within your review (in terms of payment delays), and I must sincerely apologize for any issues you've experienced with this. We always strive to provide top-line service and it sounds like, in this instance, that was not the case. If you could, please reach out to me with any other constructive feedback re. payments; my email is robert@avail.co. This will be a tremendous help and I'll make certain my product team gets some eyes on this. Thank you again for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Mitch from JMG Enterprises LLC

How I value Avail

time saving , effeciency , accuracy, convenience

Pros

convenience , intuitive , comprehensive, affordable, 7 day a week cust service. what more could you ask for .

Cons

if it could incorporate a accounting package in its mang software .

Response from Avail

Replied December 2019

Hi Mitch, Thank you so much for the glowing review. For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. I've personally noted the request for additional accounting tools/management tools and think it would be super helpful if you could provide me just a few more details. Feel free to email me (robert@avail.co) with any additional feedback that you might have. I'd like to get this information over to my product team if possible so this way we can see if/how this may fit in with our future product roadmap. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Alessandra from TAA Realty Group

Two years In

Overall I have been able to find a workaround​ or get a hold of someone​ fairly quickly. I appreciate the service and look forward to seeing its full potential.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to access, and as long as you have a PC you can jump on and do anything at a moments notice. I look forward to an APP interface.

Cons

Having trouble with notifications, Having a few payment issues but overall been very good. Thank you.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Alessandra! Robert here? I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I just wanted to send a quick follow-up message to say thank you so much for being a dedicated Avail user. And thank you for the in-depth feedback. In terms of the trouble you were having with notifications, I do sincerely apologize for that and want to do everything I can to help. Please feel free to send a separate message over to me (robert@avail.co), and I will personally take a look into this for you. This is something we definitely take to heart as we try to provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. Again, thank you so much for the honest review and if you have any questions or need help within your account, always feel free to reach out to us. We're here as a resource for you! - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail

Nathan from Computer Software

Great value

It’s simplified and sped up the leasing process. Helps with putting together a contract easily and making minor modifications where appropriate. Love the automated emails and reminders but also the flexibility and control over the emails

Pros

Ease of use Digitize the experience for landlord and renter

Cons

Just a few minor things - changing name on contract in middle of lease. Sort of like a contract adjustment but not a deal breaker.

Response from Avail

Replied May 2019

Hi Nathan! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that your feedback is something we take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned, and as we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. I'll also inquire with my tech team about adjusting the lessor/lessee contact information (typically this isn't something the system allows since it is a legally binding agreement - so we definitely will need to look into this). That said if you have any questions or need help within your account never hesitate to reach out to us; we're here as a resource for you!! :) - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail