What are Avail users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Avail software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use, price and most of all superb customer support."
  • icon"I love that avail is so user friendly & visually pleasing."
  • icon"Immediately had leads after my posting. Background check and communication easy between applicants and I. Great lease and ability to customize."
  • icon"Many emails every week from the automated email system was annoying before I unsubscribed."
  • icon"Not as much with the software but with the lack of tutorials of the software."
  • icon"The Reporting module is weak, whomever designed the options doesn't seem to know what kinds of information or trends a landlord or accountant would need, and the data they are looking for."

Browse all Avail Reviews

• Have you used Avail and would like to share your experience with others?

Ashanti

Easing the Process for First Time Landlords

Avail has been extremely easy to use and their customer service team is very helpful. I’ve had very little issues with the software and the monthly price is highly reasonable.

Pros

I love the fact that I can upload my Own lease. While I enjoy the option to create a lease using the template provided by Avail, I love being able to truly customize my lease.

Cons

I wish the software provided a document folder for each listing. There are other documents outside of the lease that associated with a rental and it’d be useful to be able to store all of the documents in one place.

Reasons for choosing Avail

I chose Avail based on my actual needs, pricing, and ease of use. I actually tried to free trial option for each software and Avail was the easiest to use for the best price.

Response from Avail

Hi Ashanti, Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. We've taken a lot of time to really think through the tools that we offer and it is awesome to hear that a valued customer like you has had a positive experience with the platform. Having said that I definitely understand the need for the platform to have more document keeping capability (this is a request that we get quite frequently). My personal email is robert@avail.co; please feel free to email me with just a few additional details regarding additional feature requests and I'll be sure to get that information over to my head of product. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Replied December 2019

Courtney

April 2022

Amazing Software

Pros

It's hard to believe that with a little work on the first end you could never have to touch another lease again. Doing the front end work allows high school kids to come in and operate off of checklists to list, screen, lease, and handle maintenance.

Cons

The only bad thing about this software is that it's too easy to set up and use. It has the potential to make it to where anyone can be a landlord.

Reasons for choosing Avail

Pricing and ease of use. The other products had too much going on. Avail was simple enough to be explained in one sentence.

Jared

Industry: Medical Devices

December 2021

Perfect for any first time user

5-star so far, with the experience, ease of use, customer service, and receiving rental payments.

Pros

I paid the $5 a month for the premium version and was happy I did so. You get a ton of benefits with the free version, I just enjoyed customizing my lease, and allowing my tenants to not have to pay the convenience fee associated with paying rent. I really enjoyed the syndication between all the websites when listing my available unit. I do believe that having my available unit on so many different rental websites helped me find a tenant faster as well. Really enjoyed the ease of contacting prospect tenants. Also, I’ve found the rental payment portal easy to use. I haven’t had to deal with a maintenance request so I have no opinion on that service yet as I’ve had the account for roughly 3 months. Lastly, customer service is above a 5-star! I called on a Saturday morning and spoke with an Avail rep instantly without being on hold or anything, was truly amazing with how fast my problem was solved and the lady I spoke with was extremely friendly and very helpful.

Cons

Very user friendly once you understand the process and how everything is set up online. After a few times logging on, I understood the layout better. Really no complaints as of yet.

Avail simplified my property management function

The greatest benefit has been collecting and depositing rent.

Pros

The software allows for many optional settings to customize how I like it.

Cons

The software does not allow for employees or multiple users with different levels of access.

Reasons for choosing Avail

I figured "you get what you pay for" and I just thought it would give me more credibility when I interacted with customer support if I was paying for the service.

Response from Avail

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their portfolio. I've also noted the request to allow multiple employees/users to be able to have their own logins. This is something we continue to discuss on our end; I'll be sure to get your feedback over to my head of product. Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail! Robert B., Community Manager @ Avail.co

Replied November 2019

angel

Owner

Learning support understanding asking questions when need to

Pros

Everything I learned alot most of the new products

Cons

It's nothing I didn't dislike about this software I enjoy everything it had to offer

Better products

Olivier

There are scams on your website !

Pros

Very easy to use and looks fine for landlords, cannot say that for prospective tenants !

Cons

I was looking for a studio to rent. I filled the application as required by your website which looks very trustful. I thought you were doing some background check or at least ID check for the landlords posting offers on your website ! I was victim of a scam, a fake landlord tried to steal me 5,000$ of prepaid rent without allowing me to visit the place, even if I work 10 min away from this studio. The person was always pushing back the visit arguing that some new applicants would prefer a later date, or that they had too much work on that day and had to delay the visit of one or two days. Then the person told me that according to your website, I had the best application and should make a deposit to make a reservation, otherwise other applicants might do so and take the lease. The information required by your website are highly sensitive, I uploaded a copy of my French Passport and my international VISA. I have now revoked the access to my application for this landlord but they might have copies of my documents now. And who knows what they plan to do with them. You should be more professional ! It is very good to provide background check tools for landlords but you might be providing 'trusting' services and then helping swindlers to make up their scam ! I will contact your service and hope you could help me and compensate me for this unfortunate experience !

Response from Avail

Hi Oliver! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. I want to take this time to apologize to you for the experience that you reported. Fraud is a common industry issue, and here at Avail we take extra precautions to make sure that fraudulent activity is thoroughly investigated. Scammers are always looking for new ways to trick the platform's algorithms which forces us to stay on our toes. That said, I again do sincerely apologize that a fraudulent listing made it to our website. A lot of security changes are in the works (all exciting updates that we feel confident will make it even more challenging for fraudsters trying to scam others out of their hard earned money). I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail

Replied June 2019

Jill

March 2022

It's always nice when you're using the internet to be able to speak to a human. The Humans at avail

Avail is great. Working with affiliate sites -- is non productive and a waste of time. TIME IS EXPENSIVE. I don't have time to deal with sites that it is impossible to have contact the managers. IT'S very frustrating for me and the people who are trying to contact me. People keep clicking on every picture that's nice and then have no idea who I am when I respond to them. I would much rather just deal with Avail -- and not have to put up with the aggravation of dealing with the others. STRESS LIKE THIS TAKES A TOLL.

Pros

I hate this software. It's clearly not customized for Avail ... It keeps saying things like .... "what do like about this product. PRODUCT?????? Avail IS NOT A PRODUCT!! IT'S A SERVICE. They're not selling beans, people.

Cons

The connections with other rental agencies pretty much suck. I got emails from people on affiliate sites, stating that my responses to them got cut off by there software and were useless. I think "Hotpads" was the affiliate. The thing that I hate about this software is the the inflexibility of responses. I have one bedroom for rent in a fabulous four bedroom townhouse. These is no way to convey this due to inflexible auto sites' programs.

Reasons for choosing Avail

BECAUSE THE PEOPLE ARE WONDERFUL TO DEAL WITH. The rest of those site are autonomous.

Excellent apartment management system for sole proprietors

Avail has an increasingly good customer service team for us as owners/managers and for tenants alike. We regularly offer suggestions to Avail for improvement and believe they take our suggestions into consideration.

Pros

The cost is affordable. We can use and adapt Avail's model lease to create excellent, personalized leases and rules and regulations. Most importantly, Avail provides lease language specific to our state. We were able to set up the structure for managing our 20 apartments in a reasonable amount of time. When we ran into a glitch, we simply called Avail and they walked us through. We use Avail for advertising apartments, leases, and for receiving and tracking security deposits and rental payments.

Cons

It would be very helpful if Avail offered an accounting process that easily integrated with QuickBooks. It isn't easy to download and provide easily understandable payment records each month. Thus we create our own spreadsheet that we provide to our accountant. We have recommended that Avail offer a limited access option for our accountant to view payments for security deposits and rent, and hope this happens soon.

Reasons for choosing Avail

Affordability. General ease of use. Best range of options for the cost. We also liked that the company is located in Chicago (our time zone).

Michele

Highly Recommend

It’s been less than a month using Avail and I have been extremely satisfied along with my tenants. The system walks you through every step easily with clear instructions. Customer support has been courteous, patient, fast and helpful.

Pros

The online payments are quickly deposited, document organization and tenant interaction keeps communicating professional are the reasons I chose Avail.

Cons

There isn’t a feature (yet) to upload my documents to send to tenants for signature. It has to be done externally and then uploaded into Avail. I wild like an email tab to quickly send emails to tenants instead of where it’s located now.

Reasons for switching to Avail

Faster and easy payment collection and easy to navigate portal.

Zoriana

Excellent

Very helpful

Pros

The website is very easy to work with, it’s doing 80 % of my work. The website works with another rentals websites and it’s posting al my rentals everywhere by it self.

Cons

Everything works perfectly, I don’t want to change anything there

Vicki

Great For New or Inexperienced Landlords

Avail has given me added confidence as a landlord and made it possible for me to keep my landlord-tenant relationships professional.

Pros

The Avail software provides legal documents that you can edit and customize. It also walks renters through the steps to pay online. You can track expenses by unit, and BEST OF ALL… when you have a vacant unit there is no added charge to upload your photos and advertise it on all of the standard rental sites. The software lets you accept online applications and schedule showings to find your new tenant.

Cons

I would like to be able to use the Avail lease with tenants who do not use the internet. At present the system doesn’t allow that, so I have had to download other software to convert the Avail lease to word and edit it, then upload a scanned copy after signatures are added. It would be nice if there was a way to just do my editing online in the Avail software and print it as an “Externally Signed Lease”.

Reasons for choosing Avail

I chose Avail based on price for value after reading about it and various other products. I started with the minimum rate and then upgraded after I saw how powerful it was.

mitchell

level of confidence

greater level of efficiency , I have put more time back in my day !!!

Pros

flexibility of features, ie toggle switches best suited for my biz. auto direct pay, reports , on line apps mountainous portal , great response time !!!

Cons

would love to see the back end accounting integrated into the front end , this way I can only use one system as now i utilize Q books for accounting .

100% superior

Nathan

Great value

It’s simplified and sped up the leasing process. Helps with putting together a contract easily and making minor modifications where appropriate. Love the automated emails and reminders but also the flexibility and control over the emails

Pros

Ease of use Digitize the experience for landlord and renter

Cons

Just a few minor things - changing name on contract in middle of lease. Sort of like a contract adjustment but not a deal breaker.

Response from Avail

Hi Nathan! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that your feedback is something we take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned, and as we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. I'll also inquire with my tech team about adjusting the lessor/lessee contact information (typically this isn't something the system allows since it is a legally binding agreement - so we definitely will need to look into this). That said if you have any questions or need help within your account never hesitate to reach out to us; we're here as a resource for you!! :) - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail

Replied May 2019

Pat

Property Owner

Great experience getting a lease written within an hour for 2 properties, including mold and lead paint notifications, if needed. Customer service helped my tenant sign digitally in Denver, while I reside in Seattle.

Pros

ease of use and ability to make written lease changes to comply with the association bylaws; ability to digitally sign; free trial period; and speed of customer service to assist where needed. I didn't need the other features but if I did, it appears that the other features would be extremely useful to a property owners as they get into the rental business.

Cons

I could not find any that customer service couldn't help with.

Nick

Avail customer review

We find the software easy to navigate and fully appreciate staff access for personal attention being given to problems that develop.

Pros

Lease management including listing, notification, and payment tracking

Cons

Maybe keeping listing information accessible for historic purposes.

Joshua

Industry: Military

Avail Offers Great Features at an Amazingly Low Price!

My interaction with Avail personnel has been great. I had a phone conversation with someone prior to upgrading my account and they were very helpful, explaining all of the differences that existed.

Pros

Avail does a great job presenting you with all of the relevant information for you to make decisions as a landlord. The website is easy to use and nearly all of the features are free to use for a single rental unit, although I easily justified the Pro account due to the Credit Boost feature that it offered. Overall a great product!

Cons

There was nothing that I found that I did not like about the software.

Reasons for choosing Avail

Avail offered better features for free. Avail also marketed the Credit Boost feature very well which played a large part in selecting them.

Response from Avail

Hi Joshua, Robert here I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for the honest review of Avail. We definitely aim to make a great first and lasting impression, while also acknowledging areas for improvement so we can continue to make the product experience that much better. I'll definitely relay your feedback to our product team and dev team! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Replied May 2020

Aldo

Avail benefits

I have been able to confidently write leases and disclosures that are compliant.

Pros

Listing a rental property is easy and Avail helps generate many qualified prospective tenants.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to edit leases. The staff is helpful in responding and resolving concerns.

Response from Avail

Hi Aldo! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize (especially with any negative experiences related to editing your lease). I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Replied May 2019

Steve

March 2022

Avail makes it easy to be a small landlord

Outstanding experience. Thankful for ability of tenants and us to execute Leases on time and tenants to make payments through the Avail system.

Pros

Expansive features, including marketing brochure, tenant screening, lease preparation, payments managemrnt. Easy to use.

Cons

Would like to have access to Lease Renewal and Personal Guarantor forms.

Not applicable.

Reasons for switching to Avail

Avail is a comprehensive tool vs. piecemeal approached elsewhere.

Andreas

December 2021

great software for managing rentals

customer service is very nice, easy to work with and they fix any issues.

Pros

easy to use and prompts you when payments are due or leases

Cons

so far no issues with it.

The Most Amazing Landlord Software Ever

I love Avail, it saved me the trouble of dealing with the issue of charging my tenant late fee when she forgot to pay rent on time. It's great to document all the maintenance activities and the rent record.

Pros

Easy to navigate, very considerate for the landlord.

Cons

I wish there will be an app for this!!!!

Reasons for switching to Avail

Cozy didn't help at all when I tried to post my property online, this is one of the many things I'm impressed by Avail, seamlessly connecting to Zillow and other renting websites.

Response from Avail

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We definitely want to make the rental process easier for landlords and tenants. Our co-founders set out with the goal of making this process easier, so to hear that type of feedback in a review like yours really does make it all worth it. As for a mobile app, that is definitely on our product roadmap. In the meantime, our website is optimized for mobile device usage so your tenants can easily access it from their mobile device's web browser. Again, I can't begin to thank you enough for the kind words! If there's anything we can help out with, please feel free to reach out! Best, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Replied November 2019

Silke

Best Kept Secret

Pros

A friend (who is also a user of Avail) recommended this platform when we purchased an investment property. The property is in a resort area in the desert, and leasing agents wanted 15 to 25 percent monthly for seasonal leasing of the property, so I tested Avail. I crafted a listing similar to the real estate listing, uploaded photos and launched it on a Friday night, just to see what would happen. The next morning we had our first applicant, and a lease for full price, (higher than the lease agent recommended)! Six months later, we updated and re-activated the listing - VERY simple - and had two new seasonal leases over the course of 12 months within just a few days. Avail is the best kept secret for property owners such as myself.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I don't like. At the beginning I was confused about setting up the lease itself, and payment terms. I called Avail customer support and COULD NOT BELIEVE that I got a live, friendly and helpful person every time within minutes.

Barry

Avail saves the day.

My experience with Avail has been wonderful.

Pros

I like the way I can keep my tenants in order and the ease of getting the paperwork to them.

Cons

Haven’t found anything yet. If anything it would be the ability to delete tenants who I know are nit a candidate.

Reasons for choosing Avail

Was referred my a colleague.

Karthikeyan

Industry: Biotechnology

February 2022

Excellent software to manage rentals

I am extremely happy that I chose to use Avail to manage my rental business.

Pros

I am a first time landlord and I find Avail extremely useful. I used it to list my apartment, screen tenants, help with lease drafts, and use it to manage maintenance requests. I find all the features to be very useful. Love the software.

Cons

Integration with Zillow for listing was a challenge. Also, may be the dashboard to download statements and rental income calculation for each tax year could be improved

Antonio

Five Stars Platform

Glad to have found this rental platform! It has made my life so much easier by not having to worry about renting my property. I wholeheartedly recommend Avail to anyone considering renting their home!

Pros

What I like the most about this platform is that it’s easy to use.

Cons

There’s nothing that I think I like the least as everything is great!

Avail