Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Allowing my tenants to set up an account, make online payments, as well as allowing them to make automatic monthly payments."

• "It's a great place for owners that need softeware for both leases and payments."

• "I like the customer services response with any questions . Ease of use ."

• "Digital platform for documentation transactions "

• Cons

• "Inability to personally customize. There are a few areas that I would like to change or add options"

• "You can’t pay on weekend or past a certain time. Withdrawals actually occur the day before scheduled payment day. "

• "Having trouble with notifications, Having a few payment issues but overall been very good. Thank you."

• "The last two times I have updated my payment method for Autopay, it did not save. Please fix."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 32 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

I really like Avail, and it's improving

I have rented property for two years, starting with one and now have four properties. Avail has worked as sort of a rental guide for me. From listing, to lease, to collecting payments, Avail has helped me run the flow of being a property owner/manager. I feel like I look more professional to tenants and it keeps me at an arms length on the day to day issues.

Pros

I like:
Support: open a support ticket and they respond within a couple of hours AND solve the problem.
The notifications it gives tenants when rent is due and when they're late.
The ACH payment system
The listing tool to list my rental on numerous sites with only entering the information once.

Cons

-The lease tool can be a little clunky.
-Lease renewals are a bit difficult to figure out.
-A tenant moving to a new unit I manage with a new lease was hard to set up or figure out.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi!! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and that can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on several lease updates and other bug fixes. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Elaine from Ventures Etc., LLC

All Small/Med Landlords should use Avail

Nearly everything to do with managing our rental properties is now electronic thanks to Avail. Saves hours and looking for things, in addition to making the rental and collections processes smooth.

Pros

The automated features are the best. Automated communication to tenants, electronic leases (with state legal updates), posting a rental and receiving applications, processing, applications, rent collection, and so much more.

Cons

The inability to have anything but the main email associated with things is difficult. Same with telephone numbers. In many cases more than 1 person manages the tenants, but everything (except add a contractor) must use the main email and phone number. Some features aren't greatly intuitive, but easy to use once you know the tricks.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Elaine! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). Several landlords have reached out about this (the ability to have only 1 email associated with an account), and the shortest answer is for simplicity of use. Since we are built for smaller DIY landlords, we have determined that this is the best way (a lot of property management teams have requested multiple logins). While I know that multiple logins is on our roadmap, I don't have a definitive timeline. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Easy to use software for new landlords

Easy collections management, automatic payments and lease renewals.

Pros

Although Rentalutions offers a ton of functionality, I like how easy it is to setup a payment schedule. Cash flow is important as a Landlord, and Rentalutions will send tenants reminders about payments if not made before a certain date. The landlords also get notifications when payments are made and notified regarding the date of deposit in their account.

Cons

I wish there was a way to trim down the functionality. The new UI is slick, but I really only use about 25% of this product. I find that the screens are a little crowded now.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi! Robert here; I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. As for the UI feeling a bit crowded, I do sincerely apologize for that. We're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make the on-boarding process even more intuitive. Reviews like yours are central to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account, let me know. My email is robert@avail.co, and I'm here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert Bates Community Manager @ avail.co

eric from Florida Gulf Coast Management

Avail Review

Good

Pros

I'm currently advertising a property for rent so I'm using the marketing website for the 1st time and I'm getting tons of interest because of the multiple websites my ad is being put on. Every time I had an issue or perceived issue I reached out to the support group and was almost immediately directed on how to fix the problem.

Cons

I don't really have any cons at this time.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that this is something we take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned, and as we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account never hesitate to reach out to us; we're here as a resource for you! - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail

Joseph from Triple Canopy LLC

Aail is a very useful product with just a few minor glitches

I am managing three rental houses with Avail. I have had only minor issues that have been resolved quickly through customer service. The system works as advertised with very few hiccups.

Pros

Tracking of received monies as well as tracking of maintenance issues

Cons

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Joseph! My name is Robert and I'm one of the dedicated Community Managers here at Avail. I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); and while I know that additional customization features are on our product roadmap, I don't have an exact date on the release of those features as of yet. That said I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

William from Assets Unlimited Inc.

New Landlord

Property management with excellent communication.

Pros

Keeps track of everything and communicates effectively with both tenant and landlord. I am new, but with this software I am very confident that I am doing it right.

Cons

Some tenants may feel that the payment due date reminders are a little aggressive. For example, two notices are sent in advance of each month's rent payment. Probably not a bad idea but I think that I would be annoyed if I were on the receiving end.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi William, Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your product review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. As for the tenant notifications, I do sincerely apologize for any hassle this may have created. Many landlords have noted that rent reminders aren't sent enough which is why we do send those before the due date, but I totally understand how it could be frustrating. We're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make the on-boarding process even more intuitive. Reviews like yours are central to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account, let me know. My email is robert@avail.co, and I'm here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert Bates Community Manager @ Avail.co

Vikram from Expandtree Inc

Great

Pros

I like the customer services response with any questions .
Ease of use .

Cons

If you can add accounting software along with it and provide direct schedule E form for reporting.

If Rent ACH transfer time come down.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Vikram! Robert here? I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); and while I know that additional accounting features are on our product roadmap, I don't have an exact date on the release of those features as of yet. That said I do sincerely apologize for the delay. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Olivier from UC Berkeley

There are scams on your website !

Pros

Very easy to use and looks fine for landlords, cannot say that for prospective tenants !

Cons

I was looking for a studio to rent. I filled the application as required by your website which looks very trustful. I thought you were doing some background check or at least ID check for the landlords posting offers on your website !

I was victim of a scam, a fake landlord tried to steal me 5,000$ of prepaid rent without allowing me to visit the place, even if I work 10 min away from this studio. The person was always pushing back the visit arguing that some new applicants would prefer a later date, or that they had too much work on that day and had to delay the visit of one or two days.

Then the person told me that according to your website, I had the best application and should make a deposit to make a reservation, otherwise other applicants might do so and take the lease. The information required by your website are highly sensitive, I uploaded a copy of my French Passport and my international VISA. I have now revoked the access to my application for this landlord but they might have copies of my documents now. And who knows what they plan to do with them.

You should be more professional ! It is very good to provide background check tools for landlords but you might be providing 'trusting' services and then helping swindlers to make up their scam !

I will contact your service and hope you could help me and compensate me for this unfortunate experience !

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Oliver! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. I want to take this time to apologize to you for the experience that you reported. Fraud is a common industry issue, and here at Avail we take extra precautions to make sure that fraudulent activity is thoroughly investigated. Scammers are always looking for new ways to trick the platform?s algorithms which forces us to stay on our toes. That said, I again do sincerely apologize that a fraudulent listing made it to our website. A lot of security changes are in the works (all exciting updates that we feel confident will make it even more challenging for fraudsters trying to scam others out of their hard earned money). I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail

Dr Ann Nkiruka from Primary/Secondary Education

Makes Being A Remote Landlord Easy!

I love using Avail and I have recommended it to family and friends who have rental property.

Pros

Avail helps me manage my properties from hundreds of miles away. The system allows me to advertise vacancies, accept applications, check backgrounds, create and sign leases, and collect rent—all remotely.

Cons

The initial set up for my tenants’ payments was a little buggy, but customer service was very helpful. No future issues.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Dr. Nkiruka, My name is Robert and I'm one of the dedicated Community Managers here at Avail. I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); this also includes providing a more intuitive tenant on-boarding process. That said I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review; I'll definitely relay your kind words to my Customer Success team, and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you! More than happy to help out as best we can :) Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Joe from Starwire Technologies

Great for rental properties

Pros

I like that it is affordable and makes it easy for tenants to pay online. Most rental properties I am aware of are difficult for communication and you need to mail a check or drop it off. It's also great for creating and signing leases without having to worry about meeting or mailing paperwork back and forth.

Cons

The interface seems a little cluttered, but that could simply be because I don't use all of the functionality. I do "x" out of some recommendations and such that seem to always come back.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Joe! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on 'decluttering some of the user dashboard to make it a bit more intuitive - more on that to come). I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Timothy from Pilmaier & Dudley, LLC

I have been using Rentalutions for 10 months to manage a property with 5 units.

Takes a lot of the guesswork out of property management.

Pros

Listing available apartments on multiple sites all in one go, as well as creating new leases is extremely simple and flexible.

Cons

Web-based software is naturally susceptible to local and national internet outages. Rare, but when there is a problem, the software is entirely unavailable.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Timothy, Robert here? I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your product review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. As for the outages, I do sincerely apologize for any hassle this may have caused. You are 100% correct, web-based software is naturally susceptible to local and national internet outages. That said we're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make product status notifications even clearer. I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co) and we can go from there! Happy to be a resource for you when I can. Kindly, Robert Bates Community Manager @ Avail.co

Sean from First Table Restaurant Group LLC

18 months

Pros

I really love this software. User friendly and pretty quick. They must use high end servers. Once you learn it within a few clicks, it’s a breeze. I especially like the quick pay feature. Money in my account within 48-72 hours.

Cons

No app for iPhone. This is embarrassing for a company like yourself. If you don’t have an App by the end of the year. I will leave the service ASAP

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Sean, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned? especially for collecting rent payments. That said, countless landlords have told us that a mobile app is a must-have. We?ve taken this feedback to heart and while I can say that a mobile app is on our roadmap in the coming months, I don't have an exact date for that yet. I'd love to hear more from you about what else we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. As we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. Kindly, ? Robert B. ?Community Manager @ Avail.co

Alessandra from TAA Realty Group

Two years In

Overall I have been able to find a workaround​ or get a hold of someone​ fairly quickly. I appreciate the service and look forward to seeing its full potential.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to access, and as long as you have a PC you can jump on and do anything at a moments notice. I look forward to an APP interface.

Cons

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Alessandra! Robert here? I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I just wanted to send a quick follow-up message to say thank you so much for being a dedicated Avail user. And thank you for the in-depth feedback. In terms of the trouble you were having with notifications, I do sincerely apologize for that and want to do everything I can to help. Please feel free to send a separate message over to me (robert@avail.co), and I will personally take a look into this for you. This is something we definitely take to heart as we try to provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. Again, thank you so much for the honest review and if you have any questions or need help within your account, always feel free to reach out to us. We're here as a resource for you! - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail

Nathan from Computer Software

Great value

It’s simplified and sped up the leasing process. Helps with putting together a contract easily and making minor modifications where appropriate. Love the automated emails and reminders but also the flexibility and control over the emails

Pros

Ease of use
Digitize the experience for landlord and renter

Cons

Just a few minor things - changing name on contract in middle of lease. Sort of like a contract adjustment but not a deal breaker.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Nathan! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that your feedback is something we take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned, and as we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. I'll also inquire with my tech team about adjusting the lessor/lessee contact information (typically this isn't something the system allows since it is a legally binding agreement - so we definitely will need to look into this). That said if you have any questions or need help within your account never hesitate to reach out to us; we're here as a resource for you!! :) - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail

Nathan from NateisaGeek Property Managment

Great for starting out

Pros

Love avail for starting out as a smaller property management company; makes us feel like big company.

Cons

Could use better mobile support or app features.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Nathan! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). Several landlords have reached out about this (having a mobile app), and while I can say that a mobile app is on our roadmap in the coming months, I don't have an exact date for that yet. This said you can easily access our platform from your mobile device's web browser (our website has been designed & optimized for mobile use whether your device is an Android or iOS). I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Thomas from Auto Specialties of Canton, Inc

Rentals made simple

It makes it easier for tenants to pay and easier for landlords to do leases, set up showings, and track tenants.

Pros

It puts everything in one easy to use format for landlords and tenants.

Cons

It takes too long to get rental payments deposited into my account. The fee for tenants to pay by credit card is too high.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Thomas, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned? especially for collecting rent payments. That said, Countless landlords have told us that faster payments are a must-have. We?ve taken this feedback to heart and worked hard to build FastPay, our latest feature update which will be open to all platform users on July 1st, 2019. I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. As we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. Kindly, ? Robert B. ?Community Manager @ Avail.co

Aldo from As Pat's, LLC

Avail benefits

I have been able to confidently write leases and disclosures that are compliant.

Pros

Listing a rental property is easy and Avail helps generate many qualified prospective tenants.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to edit leases. The staff is helpful in responding and resolving concerns.

Response from Avail of

Replied May 2019

Hi Aldo! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review). As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize (especially with any negative experiences related to editing your lease). I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me (robert@avail.co), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled. Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you. Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Avail Feedback

Overall good platform but should update key items noted in con’s section of survey

Pros

Digital platform for documentation transactions

Cons

Delay in payment transactions due to wire transfers .
Single email/user ID for multiple properties comm’s - should allow separate contacts info by lease/property.
Editing documentation in browser compatibility - issue with moving sections and saving changes