• Pros

• "Easy to use and navigate around. Great features included for my business needs. Excellent user friendly booking system. "

• "Really like the purpose of the software. Keen to take bookings ourselves and Bookster seems to tick all the boxes."

• "It strikes the right balance of having extensive features without being overcomplicated."

• Cons

• "I least like its limited linkage to the other main OTAs such as AirBnB, HomeAway etc compared to other channel managers"

• "Linking calendars is causing us grief. I am sure once this is sorted all will work perfectly. And the customer service is great."

• "The fact that it's impossible for me to use it see above I can't publish anything on it it is simply no good to me"

Browse Bookster Reviews

Julia from Jules Gozo Holidays

A Treasure Find!

Our experience has been a welcome breath of fresh air in comparison with other software suppliers. And we've enlisted the work of quite a few. The team has an honest, open approach and is particularly adept at understanding and addressing operator needs. Of particular valuable now, in an industry struggling to cope with the destruction caused by the Covid pandemic. Customer communication and support has been available every step of the journey. The service and software performance top rated.

Pros

In a nutshell, it does everything it claims on the tin! Simply executed in a way that can be easily understood and managed without having a technical degree. It handles the booking basics well and has developed 'add ons', totally in tune with the need of operators in the holiday rental sector. The focus is on functionality that can be easily implemented, rather than developing ' nice to have gadgets" that are too complex and peripheral to the core task. The software has grown functionality in tune with sector evolvement and customer needs. A keen focus on value for money. I particularly appreciate the limited use of complex jargon that some use to enshrine their software as a "dark art" to justify costs. It's not. The team's open problem-solving capability and approach is very 'can do'.

Cons

At the start, I had to use 2 different applications of the software to add rates for some of our rental properties. This was due to the challenging seasonal rates system set by one large villa owner. Now, however, all functionality is aligned on one platform that has many relevant additions for the many demands of different operators in various hospitality sectors. The training offered was limited to begin but this has been addressed. Bookster has an excellent chat system that is on hand and of real assistance right at the time you need it. This has helped us understand how we can overcome various challenges relevant to us and use the software to our optimum advantage.

Reasons for Choosing Bookster

During our first meeting, the director presented our website and explained how it was badly designed, allowing the user journey to divert elsewhere without focusing on the desired outcome i.e. engagement or a booking. Many aspects of onsite optimisation were simply explained without reliance on technical detail. We needed to move our website over to Bookster which I thought would be an impossible or very time-consuming task. I was assured it would take weeks but was doubtful. However, we shook hands on that promise as the last chance I was prepared to invest in or trust a software provider. What a journey ...........we've never looked back! Can't recommend Bookster more highly (it's actually run by real people.)

Reasons for Switching to Bookster

I was consistently dissatisfied with software that was both expensive and did not actually have the capability that I had discussed initially, in-depth. In the end, having completed weeks of induction, SuperControl decided to be honest, the software wasn't suitable for us. I had to remain with it as we had spent much time and cost training, set-up, etc. The software changed continuously without good communication. Expensive for its capability. Customer service was poor and the software performance was overcomplex.

Response from Bookster

Replied November 2020

Dear Julia. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It's been a delight to work with you, and your ethos and passion for the industry is contagious! Thank you from the whole team at Bookster.

Linda from Book Scotland Ltd

Excellent software booking system

I am very fortunate to have found Bookster as my chosen booking system software. They consistently deliver an excellent service . I would highly recommend Bookster to any potential business looking to use their software. They also designed my website to a very high standard. The team involved in Bookster are exceptionally helpful, friendly and always there to assist your needs in anyway they can.

Pros

Cons

If ever I feel any features are missing or need to be added Bookster immediately responds to my requests and feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Bookster

Bookster allows you to pay an affordable monthly subscription.

Response from Bookster

Replied November 2020

Thanks you for taking the time to review us Linda! Delighted as always for your feedback, and happy that you mentioned our customer support and our easy-to-use tools - These are two areas we focus on as we feel they are essential to help your business. Thanks, from all the team at Bookster!

Ralph from Private Owner

Bookster brings holiday break booking into the 21st century

Bookster has steadily improved over many years of use. It has always been as least as good as its competitiors, but it has continued to improve. Most importantly, it provides a cost-effective solution to handle bookings, be it just one property or a multitude.

Pros

Simplicity, reliability, scalability, and, most important, inter-operability with a wide array of 3rd party platforms such as Tripadvisor and AirBnB.

Cons

The back end navigation is slightly un-intuitive at first use. If you haven't often got reason to log in to this interface then it can be a little confusing. However, once you establish where key components and functionality are located it becomes much easier.

Davide from The Edinburgh Address

More than a Holiday Rental Software

Bookster is helping our small business stand out in an increasingly competitive market. The constant improvements, great analytics and the dedicated customer support are making our life easier, speeding up our work process and helping us better understand the market. As result, we are increasing our booking lead-time, average price per booking and our hosts are really happy!

Pros

+ Great customer support, very responsive and friendly + Extensive booking analytics (Including Google Analytics) + Integrates with review websites + Constant improvements to the software + Integrates with other booking agents + Great tool for bulk addition of promo codes, discounts, extras and more. + Suitable for different kind of accommodation + Email marketing (for newsletters, automation etc.) + You can create Blogs and Landing Pages + Bespoke services (website creator, branding, SEO and more)

Cons

- Some customer-focused elements are not visually appealing (Booking Add-ons and Guest Area) - Needs some improvements to the Customer Relationship Management software

Response from Bookster

Replied January 2020

Hi Davide, thanks for leaving your review of Bookster software. The feedback from The Edinburgh Address has been fundamental to some of our most recent developments, and we're happy that our partnership will continue so we can support your business growth. Many thanks for your ongoing commitment to us, we're looking forward to helping you grow further in 2020! From the whole team at Bookster.

Sandy from Villas in Mojacar

The best Rental booking software I have ever used

Bookster have a very professional team, they make you feel part of a family. We joined over 2 years ago and it has never broken down or not done what it is supposed to. The start up process was made very easy - also the estimate to set it up and create our website was very accurate. They are very proactive and give excellent support and online seminars to keep everybody up to date the the vacation rental business. The day to day use has really changed my life - we are quite a small company but have managed to grow as the time we save using Bookster means we can take on more properties.

Pros

Ease of use - offering a professional platform for both guests and users. For example the ability do almost all tasks on a mobile while out and about - therefore it enables you to maximise the bookings of offer.

Cons

I'm struggling to answer this question - I love it all,

Reasons for Choosing Bookster

Nothing else gave me the confidence I needed to change.

Reasons for Switching to Bookster

The system had a lot of technical issues and very labour intensive - also lots of hidden costs. So when I tested Bookster I was hooked and they have certainly delivered.

Response from Bookster

Replied November 2020

Many thanks for leaving your review Sandy, it's much appreciated. It's pleasing that you mentioned we have no hidden costs, it's an aspect that is important to us. I'm happy that our system has made your life easier and helped you to take on new properties. Thank you, from all of the Bookster family :)

Gillian from Coast Properties

Fantastic company

We are holiday letting company based in East Lothian and have found that using this software has completely changed the running of our business, making holiday bookings simple, no more double bookings. The support team are just amazing and react very quickly

Pros

Gosh so many things. I think the automated email reminders sent to clients letting them know that their balance payment is due. This tracking system saves us so much time, the system is set to take online payments and alerts us is payments have not been made in time. The live calendars enable holiday guests to book 24 hours a day and so our bookings have increased since taking on this system

Cons

The only slight problem is that the software does not link both ways with Holiday Lettings and Trip Advisor.

Response from Bookster

Replied July 2016

Thank you for your very kind words Gillian, we really do appreciate them. We simply aim to make your lives easier to allow you to continue providing your guests with a brilliant experience of East Lothian. Have a great summer season!

Weston from The Little Mountain Cabin

Perfect Solution for 1 Property, Great Support

The two selling points of this software to me are the affordability for a 1 property rental. I can't afford to pay like some of the more sophisticated options out there. #2 is it does everything I need it to do. My favorite feature is the Booking.com integration where Ino longer have to chase down renters from Booking.com to pay. Bookster makes it happen automatically. I think us renters all have the same feelings toward Booking.com I hate their system. Well, good news, Bookster removes that PAIN. It does everything I need it to do, - availability calender and capability to book directly from my site - Manage bookings and accept payments through my Stripe account (totally painless) - Manage damage deposits completely automatically with full customization - I can produce a professional image to my clients with their email service - I can also take phone/organic orders and set them up myself in Bookster Things it needs: - Ability to connect multiple iCal calendars. One is not enough - Ability to edit the theme of the calendar plugin so we can make it match our website better - Ability to edit the payment pages by more than just adding our logo, again, to mathc our website (Needs background and color editting capability. Image BG's would be awesome) - The whole software should be reworked a bit onlayout and functionality of buttons and pages. It is a bit confusing, and there is room for improvement on a CLEAN DASHBOARD layout. Over all, I am thrilled with Bookster. Their support is amazing. I live in two different time zones (7 hrs apart) and no matter what time or day, 80% of time they respond to emails, messages instantly. And for sure within 8 hrs the other 20% of time. And you get a super helpful, capable response, with a personal touch.

Pros

Their personable helpful support, capability of the software, and the channel integration with Booking.com

Cons

The dashboard layout and the inability to edit the calendar plugin for my website

Response from Bookster

Replied February 2017

Thank you very much for the great review and excellent feedback! All fair points. With our most recent update, we now support multiple iCal feeds! They are listed under the Channel button. If the OTA / website that you are on does not show up on the list, let us know and we can add them.

Gordon from Atholl Cottage

Mostly satisfactory

Pros

I like that it combines a booking calendar with Stripe payments, and that the calendar import of availability from other channels is frequent, polling every few minutes, which reduces the risk of double booking. The user interface is mostly good, although some options are hard to find.

Cons

The calendar export for availability is flawed - Bookster exports all bookings, including those imported from other channels. So when Bookster calendar ICS is re-imported to Homeaway, Airbnb, Tripadvisor those export-and -re-imports show up as conflicts. I can ignore those warnings, but I would rather not have them at all. Those others providers similarly offer calendar import and export, but export only their own bookings. For Bookster, this does not appear to be a difficult thing to fix - I say that because all the others do it. I did raise this issue with customer support; the response was that I need to set Bookster up as the master booking system, transfer bookings manually and not have the import-export loop. Frankly, that's a bit arrogant - in this game, Bookster is not the Daddy.

Response from Bookster

Replied May 2018

Hi Gordon, Thanks for your great review, we really do appreciate it. There is a form of the iCal URL that would mean only passing blocks and bookings created in Bookster out to the channels. Not a complete fix but might work better for you. I will drop you an email explaining it further. Robin

Laura from Stockbridge Apartments

July 2016

Great quality - easy to use booking software - would definitely recommend

I've been using Bookster for 3 years. The software has slotted easily in to my existing website and has proven to be 100% reliable. Its now easy to take direct bookings and the system looks after everything including guest confirmation and automated payment processing.

Pros

Just as good for small businesses as well as larger ones. Affordable complete booking system. Lots of good tools. I can operate easily from Smart phone. Issues professional looking communication emails to guests. Links in to other marketing channels perfectly. Great team support.

Cons

Its all pretty good

Struggling with linking calendars but great customer service

Emma from Reserve Apartments

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Simple and Effective - Great!

I have been using Bookster since I joined Reserve Apartments and they continue to improve the customer booking experience and remove so many of the tedious admin parts of running Reserve. They built and look after our website, provide our booking system and allow us to share our properties out to multiple other websites. They are easy to get a hold of and very responsive any time we need help.

Pros

Cons

Honestly nothing!

Response from Bookster

Replied February 2017

Thank you for your kind words Emma! We will endeavour to continue to support Reserve as much as we can!!

Glenn from Edinburgh SC (Self Catering) Ltd

July 2016

make it easy to run your self catering business

I have been with this software provider from the very start and it has been a pleasure watch them to develop and enhance this booking software.

Pros

Very easy to use, I can access it anywhere and has made operating my self catering business much more efficient.

Cons

I am impatient for some more tools to be developed to assist with multiple property management.

Response from Bookster

Replied July 2016

Thanks Glenn, thanks for your ongoing support and feedback. We have some great tools in the pipeline to help you grow your business even further.

Hatty from The Edinburgh Address

Bookster is Great!

Easy to use, great product for accommodation booking. One of the most user friendly systems out there.

Pros

Great customer service

Response from Bookster

Replied July 2016

Thanks for your feedback and great review! Hopefully Bookster can live up to your amazing properties!

Hannah from Pine Lodge Coach House

Bookster for Self-Catering House

We were primarily looking for a Property Management System to integrate with Visit Scotland - after some research we chose Bookster based the price and professional look. In setting up the website, I have been so impressed with the level of customer service. Every question I ask, no matter how small is answered, and though some of the features are not able to be changed (it is a set website template, not a self-designed one after all), I feel like the Bookster team does take my feedback into account. It does take some getting used to - mostly figuring out what heading in the back end corresponds with each part of the website that customers see, but we are excited to be taking online bookings and show availability on our website and on Visit Scotland!

Pros

The customer service is exceptional, and the value for money is top notch. Beyond that, it does everything advertised, which is why we chose it after all!

Cons

Some of the small features are fixed in the website template. That being said, it is expected unless you are paying to completely design your own website. When I mention specific features I want to modify to the customer service team, I am often tell that my feedback is being passed onto the developers, so I fully expect this software to only improve.

Response from Bookster

Replied February 2017

Thank you Hannah! Your continued feedback is definitely valued and we hope to keep making Bookster better for you :-)

Iain from Islesview Holidays

Smooth running user friendly service

Pros

Easy to use for owner and guests Excellent customer service Even the basic website design service produces something with a quality look.

Cons

At the moment, nothing comes to mind. Been using it a year and so far so good.

Response from Bookster

Replied February 2019

Hi Iain, thank you for leaving us a review. Keeping our tools easy to use is an aspect that we focus on, so we're delighted to hear that you are happy with them. We've been working hard on new features, so keep an eye on our blog or newsletters for news! Many thanks again, The Bookster team

Leigh from FlatDragon Ltd

Very good!

been with them for years even if I get just the one booking per month it pays for it's service! cool!

Pros

Easy to use!

Cons

It does take quite a while to update all the dates ....but that's because Cardiff many big events on!

Response from Bookster

Replied July 2016

You are one of our first clients and really proud we have managed to keep providing you with a great service since you started. Thank you for the review and valuable feedback.

Helen from Danesgate Coach House

My experience is very good.

Pros

Good links to own website, so I can show my availability easily. The live chat is excellent, so far I have managed to sort out all my issues using it, no hanging about on the phone. It's also very good value for money.

Cons

Some areas of the site can be a bit restrictive - for example the information given to customers cannot include hyperlinks and standard emails cannot be amended.

Response from Bookster

Replied June 2017

Thank you very much Helen, really glad Bookster is helping with your holiday rental. We deliberately lock down the emails so that guests have a clear route into the Guest Area (for making payments and getting booking info) but take your point on linking out from there - something to take a look at.

Lisa from Lincs Motorhome Hire

It took a week or two to learn to negotiate Bookster and now I have it makes life much easier

Pros

I like that fact it sends out emails for balance monies so I don't have to remember to do this. I can just trust it. It is so much easier that customers can book through our site.

Cons

There were some minor issues where to find things and setting up emails and when they were sent out but now its fine. Sometimes I would like to add customers that have chosen to pay through the bank so all customers are in one place, it isn't easy to do.

Response from Bookster

Replied July 2017

Thank you Lisa! We are really happy that Bookster has made running your business easier. We will definitely try to make adding existing bookings simpler.

Isty from Trinity Mansion

Excellent channel manager for handling apartment bookings. Fantastic support provided by Robin.

Pros

I have never used a channel manager before, but Robin gave me a demo and showed me what Bookster could do to make running our apartment easier, and I am delighted to say that once set up the software handles the pricing and availability pushing out to various channels. I'm still in the process of setting up with the various channels but this take the pressure away from having double bookings !

Cons

I think a little more flexibility would be great but for 99% of users the interface and options provided are as required.

Vicky from Autism friendly villa

Simple and informative

Clients can book without too much work from me

Pros

Easy to use in my iPhone device and allows me to edit and update with ease The software is simple for someone like me who has little software knowledge

Cons

I would like a clear list in asending order of my bookings by arrival date as this would help me plan my diary and arrange relevant services such as cleaning and meet and greets

Colin from SpectrumBreaks

www.SpectrumBreaks.co.uk uses Bookster

Bookster was very easy to setup and include into our own web site content. Their online help was very good and very responsive. The price is very competitive and value for money.

Pros

The functionality is nice and simple to use and easy to understand, it also present well to the customer to make the booking experience easy to understand.

Cons

When you enter the Bookster booking page, if you are not using the Bookster web site facility you loose your own branding and ability to easily get back to your own web site,

June 2016

Anna from The Edinburgh Address

June 2016

Great product and very easy to use. We would highly recommend especially to smaller operators who will find the features and customer service both excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, both from a operator and customer perspective

Response from Bookster

Replied July 2016

Thank you for your review Anna, you continue to be a great client with a fantastic business - some of the most stunning properties in Edinburgh.

Neha from Travel blogger

A very good software to manage one rental property

Overall, it has helped me manage my one rental properly satisfactorily.

Pros

Very good support which can be customized as per the requirement. Ease of use The ability to set reminders for clients whose payments are due Integration with booking.com

Cons

I would love it if the software could link to more websites in the rental domain. Also, the layout of the dashboard could be slightly more user friendly

Response from Bookster

Replied October 2018

Thank you for getting in touch Neha. We're delighted to hear that your experience with Bookster is positive and that you are finding the software easy to use. We appreciate your comments about the layout, and if you would like to contact our customer services area directly, we can talk further about the links to the other websites. All the best, from the team at Bookster.

September 2016

Susan from Croftgarrow Steading Holiday Rental

September 2016

Fantastic Customer Service!

I have only just signed up to Bookster having compared it to other products on the market and I have to say that so far I am delighted with my choice. I don't have much experience in this space and the team couldn't have been more helpful in getting me up and running and giving me confidence that if I have any problems they will be there to support me. Using their website template, I had my online booking site up and running in no time. They also listen to feedback and are constantly enhancing their products. Brilliant! Thanks guys.

Response from Bookster

Replied September 2016

Thank you for the kind words Sue! Croftgarrow looks like a gorgeous place to have a break in Perthshire, I am sure it will continue to have great occupancy.

Gareth from Reserve Apartments

May 2016

Great software. Been using for 9 years. Gets better all the time.

Have been using the software (various different versions) over the last 9 years. It's grown with our business, and also allowed us to grow our business without drowning in admin. We particularly like the automatic payment chasing emails for balance and damage deposit payments. Saves us hundreds of hours of work, and makes things easier for our guests too.

Response from Bookster

Replied May 2016

Thanks Gareth! We are actively developing new features all the time so look forward to delivering you even more in the future :-)

Frank from Lomond Serviced Apartments

The support offered by Bookster has been first class

Pros

I like the fact that it's fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it and that the technical support is quick to react to a request fir assistance.

Cons

Response from Bookster

Replied July 2018

Thanks for your feedback Frank. We are looking at supporting OTAs in future. Your website and property look amazing! We want to ensure that our connection with Booking.com is as good as it can be to reduce friction for our clients.

ronnie from inn at the park

I can't use this software I paid the money to join and find it of absolutely no use to me I feel as

none

Pros

nothing I can't use the software I've spent hours trying to set it up and it still shows me not having any rooms to let

Cons

Response from Bookster

Replied June 2017

Hi Ronnie, I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Bookster. Bookster is designed for use with holiday rentals and not hotels. We refunded Ronnie in full. We hope you find the right solution for your hotel.

Justine from Tribalogic

Using Bookster

Easy to use and clear thanks of the calendar system. You can check your bookings anytime and everywhere, that's really convenient. Good if you don't already have your own website as a renter. Also good too increase your bookings.. I recommend Bookster to all the renters who wish to have or keep their own website !

joy from boydens estate agents

new booking online package

thank you for your help in considering what package to go with but have now reconsidered the options and will not be taking up the booking on line system

Response from Bookster

Replied November 2016

Thanks for your feedback, if you need any more help give us a shout.