• Pros

• "Easy to use, great customer support. Would highly recommend! "

• "Software is very user friendly. I have used for last 3 years and never had any problems, Great customer service. Would never change companies. Very satisfied."

• "Easy to use and very quick to learn how to use all it features "

• Cons

• "Some setup tasks and general information can be difficult to find while other tasks require more clicks than one would think necessary."

• "It is a little cumbersome to set up the map layouts. But with a little patience it can be done. Otherwise it is very easy to use. "

• "There are a couple small things/functions I'd like to see, but nothing major is missing."

Browse Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

Corky from Windmill Storage

I've been with Easy Storage 4 years

I’ve been with Easy Storage Solutions for over 4 years and just recently started a new facility. Hard to put in words, excellent prices for their service. I just talked to their biggest competitor and he said they are coming out with a new product, just to compete with Easy Storage, he brought it up. I also read a magazine article (The National Storage association magazine Feb 2019) that talked about Easy Storage as an expert in artificial intelligence related to storage units. Easy Storage is has been in the industry for 10 years now and they now have over 3000 clients and all the bells and whistles you could want. There is a management accounting company in house(optional) that does your payroll, payroll returns, tax forms, w-2’s, bank reconciliation, billing, bill paying, internal theft analyzation , everything. (Price is customized to your needs) Just think, you can have independent management of you manager and cheaper than you can do it in house. The best part is their service, you never wait to talk to someone and they call you in their spare time looking for something you need help with. Each time they called me, I solved something that was bugging me.

Pros

Easy set up and availability to customer service. Small company in relation to others, but large enough to have lots of bells and whistles. When I call I can talk to the owner, or the start up person that did the Accounting service, (Ty), or the one in charge of website optimization, these are all owners of their individual part of the company, but all reside within the company. The last two were employees, but were encouraged to branch off and own their own part.

Cons

Don't have any. Small always has some drawbacks, but I like how they treat their employees and am willing to wait for some updates.

Richard from Jays’s Self Storage, LP

Fantastic!

GREAT customer support! Everything has been fantastic. Very affordable for our facility. 305 units. Wish I’d upgraded years ago. Highly recommend.

Pros

Great features. Easy to use. Upgraded from software we’ve used for about 18 years. Wow! What a difference. The automation of monthly billing, payments, etc. is a valuable asset to our company. Website is great! Should have found this company years ago. Gate integration was a snap. Highly recommend Easy Storage Solutions. Very satisfied customer.

Cons

Setting up customer accounts took time but that was expected. After that. It was a breeze.

Reasons for Choosing Easy Storage Solutions

Affordable and met the needs of our facility.

Irene from Riverside Self-Storage

Not impressed

The business can keep running after our emove disaster.

Pros

I am a bit surprised at all the excellent ratings and a I am a little concerned for giving it a less than glowing report. I am not sure why everyone thinks this software is so good and wondering what am I missing. It does the job, but in my opinion it really does not offer anything to earn such glowing reports.

Cons

It's confusing. It is not an all in one program. You need to have a totally separate company for processing payments, which also costs a lot. This software does not function as an accounting program. They sell that service separately from what I understand. Instead of crediting a charge you simply void it. The reports are limited and quite terrible actually. Most do not sort and only download to a PDF or CSV document. They probably offer a separate report writer for another charge if you desire better reports. They do not offer any financial reports at all other than the management report which is not professional or good quality. Lets just say it is not what I expected and I have been very disappointed in it.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied June 2018

Irene, Thank you for leaving us feedback. We genuinely appreciate the opportunity to improve our software. We have a long list of suggestions from our users that we review and use to update our software. Currently we are working on creating better reporting functions in the software. In addition, we are currently working on making it so you can download your reports via CSV file or PDF. You can void charges if you wish, but there is also functionality to be able to credit a charge. If you would like help doing this feel free to call us and we would be happy to help! Finally, if there is anything we can do to help improve your experience please reach out to us! Thank you for your business and your feedback!

tracy from Creekside Storage LLC

Great Software!

From sales to implementation to support...exceptional service.

Pros

So easy to use and the support is outstanding.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I would change at this point. Works fantastic for our mid size self storage business

Amy from Lil Mann's Storage

Loving it so far!

It has been great so far. I have been able to do everything I wanted and received help from customer service when I needed it.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the software and the customer support when you need it!

Cons

I would like to see more on the dashboard, I love being able to see everything at one time, it would be nice to be able to customize the dashboard.

Reasons for Choosing Easy Storage Solutions

The price was good, I was able to negotiate a great rate, it was easier to use, and I heard great things about customer service.

Mark from Gogebic Range Storage

Industry: Warehousing

I can't imagine anything better!

I have a small property of only 49 units. While I can manage relatively easy without the software, ESS has provided me faster access to customer and unit details, especially payment status on all. I feel it has saved me at least 2-4 hours per month of paperwork.

Pros

I love the easy access property map that gives me instant information on the status of each unit and customer

Reasons for Choosing Easy Storage Solutions

I barely could recall the other products because I liked how up-front ESS was showing off their product and the YouTube videos were a great bonus. My ultimate favorite was the trial portion of the software. I got to use it without excess communication from a sales consultant.

Krisi from Broadway Self Storage

It really is easy

With this software I don't have to worry about checking or changing someones status when they are over due, the system locks them out for me automatically and that is such a relief.

Pros

I love that I can easily adjust anything on the page and our website. I can change letters that get sent out to customers, add new types of rentals. There are just so many things about this software that make it user friendly I can't even say enough good things about it

Cons

I have only been using the software for about a year, so I haven't run in to anything yet that would cause me to have an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Easy Storage Solutions

It seemed really easy to use, the tutorial was super simple, took 15 mins. where others took at least an hour and left me confused. Plus the integration without cloud based Gate software was a huge plus.

Liza from Self Employed

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Ease of use

We have great response to paying online. Most of our payments are auto pays. It takes less time in office, to update.

Pros

It's very easy to learn. Also the support, I call or message and can get walked through the solution at the same time I'm learning. I explore the software when I can.

Cons

Wish there was a way I could create my own type of reports. My boss wants certain details and not others.

Reasons for Choosing Easy Storage Solutions

I had no choice. My bosses chose after going to a convention.

Robin from Sid's Storage Inc

Excellent product - highly recommend

Easy Storage Solutions was implemented to simplify and automate customer management for RV Storage. The software has cut the time to manage each customer by 75%. This is a significant cost savings, as our staff can focus on sales and providing excellent customer service. The team at Easy Storage is beyond amazing - we are so impressed with their service and support. We are so happy with this software!

Pros

Simple and easy to use Fast and easy set-up Does not overwhelm the user with too much time consuming data, but has everything we need. AMAZING customer service and support!!! Easy to train employees who have little computer knowledge.

Cons

No cons - we love this software. It's exactly what we need.

Reasons for Choosing Easy Storage Solutions

Customer service and ease of use

Jay from U-Storage

Easy Storage Solutions for a self storage business

I have a full time job in addition to the self storage facility. Not sure how I would stay on top of the rent roll without Easy Storage software.

Pros

The software takes the manual work out of managing tenants for a 120+ unit self storage facility and proactively manages the rent roll and allows for payment electronically. In addition, provides all sorts of analytics & reporting as well the ability to rent right on line. Easy to set up and support is readily available.

Cons

There is manual work to do for the initial set up and transferring of tenants from paper to the system. This takes some time.

Troy from Back 9 Storage

Industry: Warehousing

The folks at Easy Storage are Great to work with, They are quick to make improvements.

A cost effective service that we can operate in house or remotely, and that provides us with all of the important information our facility requires. It is updated on a regular frequency, with zero to very little down time. Basically its a system that's there exactly when you need it, and with the Gate and Payment interfaces, you will struggle to beat it for the money.

Pros

Ease of use, Full Featured, but probably for us one of the top features, being able to adjust and change our own site map without paying for or waiting for changes. Updates are automatic, being cloud based you get everything as they change it, and most everything so far has been for the better. Some features we do not use at our facility, but it does not hinder or interfere with our daily use.

Cons

This will probably only relate to a few, but our state charges sales tax on Storage, if a tenant makes a multi month payment, the system will not calculate the tax accurately, it's off, we understand how it does it, we just can't seem to convince them that it's a bit annoying. Also, we would like to have the ability to create custom reports, they have a good selection of templates, however "we" know what "we" need, it would be nice to just get that information and not excess information. I realize that is probably picky, but they asked for Con's.

June 2011

Jeff from Columbus Storage

June 2011

Columbus Storage has been in business for 9 years. We have two locations in central Indiana and are family-owned. In our market there is a large company with 5 locations in my backyard and over 500 locations in 3 states. We needed to compete on a level playing field. Our competitor has a web presence with 2 key elements that allow customers to rent units and pay online. We started a search to acquire a program with the same features, especially since we found that the younger generation does all their searching for products and services online. We were using a generic invoice program and Excel spread sheets with Yellow Pages advertising to operate our business. Looking back, I see now that we were operating in the Stone Age. We priced several companies and considered their features. Most were highly overpriced and suited for large corporations. After several weeks of looking over and running demos of Self Storage software, we were fortunate to contact Easy Storage Solutions. Easy Storage Solution’s software has many special features designed for the Self Storage industry. The price is suited for any size company, from small to large. The software is so easy to use and is packed with many tools to operate your business. It includes a complete web presence where customers can rent online, manage their account and pay online. There is a recurring billing feature that charges your customer‘s debit or credit card automatically on the day rent is due (A GREAT FEATURE). Invoicing is no longer a pain; the software keeps track of all balances and late fees. Invoice day is now just a click or two and off to the printer. The conversion to Easy Storage Solutions was very simple. The owners and staff are friendly and know our industry. Within two weeks after contacting the company we were up and running our new operating software. The customer support is top notch. We have been using the software for 3 ½ months now and could not be happier. We currently have over 25% of our customers on recurring billing and several more paying online. Our bottom line has increased and collections decreased. Easy Storage Solutions has put our company on auto pilot. We spend a lot less time on daily operations. The software pays for itself. We have rented to several individuals and companies from our website. They click on our web page, rent a unit, pay and sign an e-agreement, receive their renter’s instructions and start renting. What a great concept. Easy Storage Solutions is not just a business partner; they are part of the Columbus Storage team. We recommend you sample their demo and contact their office if you are serious about improving your company and your bottom line.

GEORGE from ARMADILLO MINI STORAGE

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS THE BACKBONE OF THIS SOFTWARE. I'M A 60 YEAR OLD MANAGER WHO IS NOT VERY TECH SAVVY.EVERY TIME I HAD A QUESTION I WAS TREATED VERY WELL, NOT LIKE A CHILD AND KNOW MATTER HOW LONG IT TOOK THE STAFF WERE VERY PATIENT TILL I FIGURED IT OUT. IN THAT REGARD KRISTEN IS THE ONE WHO BASICALLY TAUGHT ME THE INS AND OUTS OF THE SOFTWARE AND HELPED ME OUT THE MOST. SHE CALMED ME DOWN AND LED ME THROUGH THE PROCESS TO WHERE I'M VERY PROFICIENT TO THE POINT I CAN HELP OTHER MANAGERS IN OUR COMPANY. WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER THAT WE ARE WITH EASY STORAGE SOLUTIONS. GEORGE

Pros

EASE OF USE LIKE THE TITLE AND ESPECIALLY CUSTOMER SUPPORT. WE HAD AN OLD DOS SYSTEM AND IT WAS LIKE GOING FROM A SKATEBOARD TO A LEAR JET IN AN INSTANT. THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM IS WONDERFUL AND THE REPORTS DO IT ALL.

Cons

UNFORTUNATELY WE CHARGE THE FIRST MONTHS RENT AND PRO RATE THE SECOND MONTH WHICH ALLOWS EVERYONE TO PAY ON THE FIRST OF THE MONTH THERE AFTER AND THERE ARE A FEW GLITCHES IN THE SOFTWARE THAT I THINK THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED BUT ALL IN ALL WE ARE ABLE TO WORK IT OUT.

Response from Nate

Replied June 2016

We allow this same prorating method in the software. This is located under the "Setup" tab under "settings" there is a prorating drop down box with the option of "bill for first full month, Prorated 2nd month billed now." there is even another option for "bill for the first full month, and Prorate the second month billed later". So we're not quite sure what "glitches" are being referred to, however, we would love to help offer more training through a call to our support team.

September 2016

Della from Central Storage

September 2016

Easy, Like Their Name Suggests...

Basically simple to set up and simple to use. The only issue was the building of our facility map because it is difficult to control the sizes and shapes of every individual unit.

Pros

Easy Storage Solutions is easy to set up and it is easy to navigate around the software to find the task you wish to perform. It is convenient in that there are multiple ways to access specific tasks, such as taking a payment. The software doesn't log off the user when inactive for a period of time. We find this useful when you have customers who are in a hurry and the software is ready to go. There is no shortage of support; by phone, by email or a link through the software where you can perform a search or chat online with someone from ESS. It has a basic look, which is great because it's not distracting. It is not overwhelming to use because of large amounts of instructions you have to read first before you can accomplish anything. We were quite impressed that we received an online rental customer 40 minutes after activating our online presence!

Cons

It was difficult to build our facility map and not make it look like I had a few cocktails too many during the building process. It is not something I feel proud enough to put on our website. I know there is a mapping tool out there that enables your facility to build a map that looks more professional.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied March 2017

Thanks for the review, Della! If you want to reach out to us, we would love to help you with your sitemap and any other concerns you might have!

Robin from Route 6t7 Storage

I have an 82 unit storage facility and found Easy Storage Solutions during a Google search.

It was very easy to set up and work with. I like that it sends out notifications with invoice information and lockout notices automatically. I can log into my account from my phone and view customer profiles and even make payments and set up new customers. It has several report features that help with keeping track of customer payments, lock outs, late payments, collections and financial information including deposit slips and much more. Customers can rent and pay online, they can even place themselves on a waiting list and I will be notified via text message and e-mail. For a few extra dollars a month they keep my Google ranking up so I appear on the first page of a storage search in my area. They designed and manage any changes I want to make to my webpage. Over all it is a very good product for the price.

Pros

I don't have much of a profit margin and they were very reasonably priced. It is the first facility I have owned and they were willing to answer questions about rentals that didn't even pertain to the software. They are always easy to get a hold of when I have a question or concern.

Cons

The software does not allow me to keep track of my expenses and does not integrate well with other bookkeeping software. It also keeps recurring billing going after move out if you don't go in and manually turn it off. Why would it bill on an archived customer who is no longer renting a unit. I feel like all of that should automatically stop once the tenant moves out and is archived.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied March 2018

Hi Robin! Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it! Please give us a call when you have some time and we can help you resolve the recurring billing issue! As for Quickbooks we are working on this as well!

Laura from New Day Storage, LLC

Easy Storage Solutions Review

I chose Easy Storage Solutions because of their intuitive and evolving software. When the software can't do something-they try to figure out an alternative way to solve the problem until it can (like the Spanish translation). The customer service is amazing. I care about my tenants ease of payment and use of the website. I answer all my own tenant calls 7 days a week because I care about their experience. I have called an emailed Easy Storage Solutions many, many times as I am using the software and they always respond either immediately or within a few hours with a solution. I have only experienced considerate, professional customer service. I have never had a customer service person act annoyed to help me or make me feel foolish for asking a question about using the software.

Pros

The software feels very intuitive. I like that I can find a solution to a problem quickly in a few different ways. I can search a customer by name, or unit. I can run a variety of reports to find information I need instantly. I love the notifications for each customer. I use that often to see what emails, notices, receipts were sent and I use the custom template feature to create my own notices. It's great to be able to print those letters in pdf and mail to tenants that may have missed my emails.

Cons

The only problems I have found is that to send a custom template to a customer I need to go off their page to create it first and then go back to their page to choose letters and find that template. I usually just open to tabs with my website but it would be easier to create emails/letters specific to a customer on their customer profile page. My second problem is that the payment section is not available in Spanish yet. The customer service team put in a translater and created a Spanish page for me so we are very close to my goal of offering this to my tenants, but it will be great if the software could have a full Spanish option in the future.

Nikoletta from Pacific RV & Boat Storage

Super grateful I found EZ Storage! BEST (and cheapest!) for small-mid properties.

Made it super easy for me to take over the management of 3 RV Storage lots. Saves us time since more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically, with a low flat-rate Card option. Excellent support when needed (which isn't often since it is so easy to use). Beautifully simple program reduces stress in my life (which takes more skill to create than the over-complex, clunky programs!).

Pros

Easy to learn... beautifully SIMPLE! Always fast support... super friendly people & they really respond to suggestions--the program keeps improving. I especially love the check 'batch' deposits, with our smaller business we don't need to close out each day, can just batch the payments at our convenience. Super easy low flat fee for Card payments, more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically (awesome). Letters are easy to create & customize, and it's easy to email letters, reminders, & receipts. We now only print & mail Liens, saving time & paper. I've used other programs and found them complicated & visually too 'busy', this one earns its name of Easy.

Cons

I would design some reports a little differently, to put more data on a single page. That's about it.

Robert from Computer Software

Easy Storage Support amazing

There's voodoo in the vibes with the top leadership. Sr. Mgmt hides behind the customer facing teams and refuses to ever engage. It's an obvious cultural and philosophical design of operations. So if you do need to escalate a serious issue, it's virtually impossible to do so. The accountability escalation channel is stealth and inaccessible to customers.

Pros

The people on the Support team. The software is quite good, but is eclipsed significantly in why I have no interest in looking at a competitive offering because of the Support team. I am actually in this industry (Business software technology) and intimately know the challenges of maintaining a quality Support organization, response and resolution time. The renting customer-facing call center is good, the marketing team is good, the software is good, but the user-facing Support org is off-the-charts exemplary.

Cons

Enhancements are unicorns. They don't exist. As good as this org is with Support, they are equally bad with responding to the identified need for even the simplest and most obviously necessary enhancement request. Logging requests are an abject waste of time.

Mark from Midway Storage

Best thing I ever done

I have owned and ran a small self storage facility (110 units) for about 9 years. I had always done my bookkeeping and billing with a simple computer based software program and excel spreadsheets. I had a paypal button on my web page that would allow tenants to pay online and then I would manually enter payments to my software and spread sheets. This was time consuming and confusing to anyone else trying to log data. I decided I wanted to upgrade to a internet based and through a self storage forum discovered Easy Storage Solution. The price was very reasonable and it was what I was looking for. Being "hands on" I had a lot of questions about how their website worked and the interaction with the credit card processor. Luke done a great job of explaining and calming my fears of something new. Everything was clearly spelled out and I bit the bullet and signed up. In a matter of a day or so Easy Storage Solution had my site up and running. They transferred my domain and had my webpage running very quickly. The tutorials helped me enter my data and customers in no time flat. I was even able to edit my web page with their easy to use online access. Kristen helped me set things up and she is very attentive to me as a customer. After using this online based management site I don't know how I got along with out it. I has cut my time to 1/10 of what I was spending before. I like that since its internet based, two or more people can be logged in at one time; (one entering a deposit and maybe one adding customers) It works very good on mobile devices, which the tenants like. The tenants have great access to their payment history. Great product and great people to deal with! I highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use, online based, capability to have multiple access it at one time, great interface with credit card vendor.

Cons

Dont back up to my computer

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied March 2017

Thanks for the review Mark! Because we have all that data backed up on multiple secured servers we've tried to take that headache away from the storage owner to always be worried about losing your data. Instead we take the headache for you and save the time to do constant backups.

Teresa from Flatlander Storage and Graphics

Made our life much easier

Although this is one of the easiest programs we have used. We were promised the Quick Books link and are looking forward to this upgrade.

Pros

Our customers love our website!! They rave about the ease of sign up and payment. Online check-ins have increased our tenancy by at least 30% and we seldom miss the chance to acquire a new customer. Online payments have increased our collection rate 35% due to Easy Storage text email reminders This program makes it easier to keep track of all of the income from each individual customers. Year end calculations done on this program make our taxes a snap. This program has allowed us to increase our income on our property by 90% while also increasing our collection rate from 60% 98% This was the best decision we ever made at our facility.

Cons

The simplicity of the program is also its downfall. We can't back up our own information from this sight. This makes it hard to reconcile our credits from Easy Storage and our Debits. We need to be linked to Quick Books

Response from Nate

Replied June 2017

You can backup your own information by downloading any of the reports to your computer. Also, we have everything backed up on multiple secure servers. I think there must have been some confusion about QuickBooks. We do integrate with QuickBooks Online and have a download for QuickBooks Desktop. We have a QuickBooks specialist that offers advice on the best route to take. Our QuickBooks guy said he reached out to you and got everything sorted out.

Great for my customers, but not quite there yet for me (still learning).

ESS has made my customers happier with dealing online with us. It keeps my customers on my website and the customer support here at least listens and considers potential upgrades and helps work through any challenges in a friendly way.

Pros

ESS makes things so much easier for my customers. They love the ease of paying online and I like that they never leave my website to do it. I like the ability to send texts to my customers. The customer support team really works hard to help when there is a problem and they are usually very quick to respond!

Cons

The QuickBooks integration for desk top users doesn't work well for me. I'd prefer to be able to download iff. files that have been linked with my various QB accounts that will help me to track and categorize individually, security deposits paid, security deposit refunds, sales tax, retail sales, insurance, insurance fees rent, and fees. As it stands now I have to make monthly GL entries for each of these where I didn't need to with my prior software. I don't like the multiple payment buttons in the payment screen. They are confusing to me and my customers. When trying to pre pay a customer with multiple units and one check I have to enter the payment multiple times, this again make added work for me. Auto payment texts, I discovered the hard way, are not good as they come at crazy hours that woke up several of my customers (I wish I had known this before it happened). I'm in Texas and like to use the TSSA rental agreement, but it's so frustrating they should really let folks know the system does not work well with Blue Moon. If you decide to continue with TSSA contracts and Blue Moon you will be doubling your workload.

Gary from Shore Self Storage, Inc

Excellent Value, Great Support and Easy to Use

When I came they had 3x5 cards, yellow pads, preprinted contracts and a rolladex. Every sign up was an effort and the reporting and monthly collections and lockouts were not consistent. When we implemented the software we saw immediate results. we went from 65-70 occupancy to 95-100%. Our policies on collections, lockout, unit disposal and rental was improved to near perfection. very happy with our results.

Pros

Ease of use It is a very intuitive software. I am a software engineer and I can safely say that I understand the difference between easy to understand and "you need to be a geek" Another great benefit is the support. Like all software there are issues that even I cannot solve. One call and they take over the drivers seat and fix it every time. Great service.

Cons

I really like everything about it but if I have to make a comment I would say that they could work on making it more customizable in its reports and outputs. Its good now but it could be better.

Jay from KnoxUnion Storage

Overall I've had a 5-Star experience with Easy Storage Solutions.

I recommend Easy Storage Solutions for small operators who want a flexible, easy to use management platform that is mobile, cost effective but has excellent customer support.

Pros

The features that distinguish ESS for my needs are the competitive pricing for small facilities, the full automation of leases and rental payments, and the fully web-based platform. The fully web-based software means I can perform all functions using any Internet-connected device. In fact, I do almost everything on my smart phone. With the previous, more expensive product, I could do so some things on my mobile devices, but many functions required me to be at my computer. Since my faculties are unmanned and I'm always on the move, having everything available on my phone is essential.

Cons

There are some limitations to the software I would like to see improved. For example, if I make a mistake and fail to credit the customer for their security deposit upon move out, there is nobqay to correct that mistake in the financial records. Fortunately they are eager for input from customers about needed improvements (moreso than the larger company I was with before). They make improvements regularly without creating a need to re-learn the software.

Connie from 129 Storage LLC

Easy to learn and teach others. Love the program and the cost compared to other programs is great!

Ease of use. Converted this facility to Easy Storage from a 3 ring binder. It was not an easy task to do, but tech support helped me through each step.

Pros

I love the easy use of this program. Even people who have no computer experience can use it. When I was searching for a program to update the 3-ring binder system that the owners had for their storage, this one made the best impression on me. As the owners had no clue about how to use storage software, and to be honest neither did I. But this one was an easy learning curve for us all.

Cons

I would like to have the option to change the date payment was made. We still have some customers that have not switched over to the new monthly recurring billing on this software. So when their payment comes out of the old CC processing, I can't change the date the payment was made to make our cc statement match.

David from Flathead EZ Storage

Good experience overall , not happy with the monthly cost rising from $34 to $59 however.

As listed in my pro comments

Pros

Customers can help themselves and make payments, This gave back much time spent accepting payments. Ability to take credit card or customer able to pay with credit cards. But it is very expensive and adds up over a year.

Cons

My General web page is dull and uninviting and some photos need to be changed. Recent software changes did nothing to make working the software glide. Rather its an all over the page to up and down side to side mouse search party to use the software. Can't see half the page due to layout. Bookkeeping also does not have the diversity of reports available that I need. Printing copies or pages, reports, or customer demands of records is also tedious.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied March 2018

Hello David! We can help you change your pictures and make your site a little bit more exciting! Feel free to give us a call! Thanks!

September 2015

Brianna from U-Store & Lock

September 2015

Great service! Easy to use!

Pros

The software is perfectly designed to make running your storage business and keeping track of customers, units, and rent collection as easy as possible. You can print out statements or invoices, create notes related to payments or general important information about customers or units. You can create and print multiple reports related to earnings, occupancy, etc. You can create check batches or financial reports also. There are so many useful options. Many of our customers love the option to be able to check their account, pay online, or set up recurring billing for their unit - all at our website! To top it all off, the people at Easy Storage Solutions are very helpful and friendly - if I have a question or problem, they will get back to me quickly and professionally. They are awesome people who care about their clients!

Cons

The website is pretty basic and not very attractive, but we have been more concerned with having a great management system, which we do have.

Mark from Blue Water Mini Storage

Best Value Available for Small Business Owners

ESS has transformed my business. Since I switched to ESS (along with the call center they offer), I have been able to purchase additional properties. I am no longer dealing with the issues I had from the previous software I used, not dealing with the day to day calls from customers, and now focusing on expanding my business.

Pros

The customer service is easily the biggest pro for ESS. I cannot speak highly enough about the level of support I get from the entire group regardless of the issues. The pricing is extremely competitive, and the website they put together is professional looking, interactive, and easily customizable. Excellent, excellent product.

Cons

No real major cons that I have found thus far. Software does everything I would like it to do. Would like to maybe see a few more customizable reports, such as the ability to do trailing 12 reports rather than just yearly revenue. The info is there and you can pull it, but would like to see a customizable field.

Christine from Mall Mini Storage of Dubuque

Easy Storage makes my work easier.

Adding their integrated gate soft-ware has saved hours of work for me in locking out tenants and then unlocking them. I can open and close the gates from any computer or my cellphone so I no-longer have to go to the property in the middle of the night to tend to them. It has made my life easier in a dozen ways and my customers love the added keypads.

Pros

This software is SO user friendly, I can train my employees to use it in an hour or less. I get quick service if I have problems or issues. They worked with me to ad features to the software to meet specific needs I had. I have service better than I have received from most other vendors I deal with. I can contact them by phone, email, or through the website.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software or the support I receive.

Alan from Smoky Mountain Storage Management

The best software for managing small to medium Self Storage Units

It enabled us to keep on top of delinquent payments like never before.

Pros

The ease of use and all the features that a small self storage operator needs. It has separate logins for sales people that gives them just what they need to take payments and contract new units. The automatic payments are a big time saver. The numerous reports tell you everything at a click of the mouse. The website allows people to rent a unit without ever calling us. I could go on and on, but all that you get for a low reasonable price is incredible.

Cons

Nothing. Any time I had a question that I couldn't solve with their online help and tutorials, they are always available by phone to help. You actually talk to a REAL PERSON.

Lori from Store All Self Storage Inn

Just As the Name Says

LOVE IT! Love the people that we get to work with if a problem arises. They're ALWAYS friendly and courteous and THEY answer the phone no waiting on hold forever!!! So much appreciate that!! That right there is THE MAIN reason we chose to do business with them!! Great Company!!

Pros

Everything! The ease of use, the design is simple and easy to follow, I love having it automatically backing up and being able to access it anywhere, it's perfect for a startup, small or large company! It does all that's necessary not a lot of bells and whistles just right to the point functions!

Cons

The accounting part of it takes a minute to figure out what you're seeing, would love for it to indicate on the receipts to the customer what month they're paid up to!

Terry from Mini and Maxi Storage...Photo Card Specialists Inc...Awards and More

Very Positive Review for Storage Unit Software

We purchased this software about two years ago to help operate our storage company that has over 100 units. As we have several other companies, two of which are over 30 years old, we have had our share of software to either help run the actual company or to run our many pieces of equipment within the various companies. Although I have never given a recommendation about any software we purchased, I feel it is appropriate to say that this software has been absolutely perfect and that it works way beyond what we were expecting. One last comment. My staff has made a couple of minor recommendation to the software staff and they made the adjustments while on the phone.

Pros

Very powerful program. Very reasonable cost. Called three times in the past with questions and questions were answered immediately. They must never sleep.

Cons

No cons whatsoever.

Melissa from The Storage Nest

I have found the software easy to learn and have had few problems.

Pros

ease of use pretty self explanatory The most recent update has made customer info more accessible.

Cons

cannot manually generate a text message to a customer For some reason our manager user name is the default user name for all customers so when I am on customer profile page I have to manually delete that info each and every time or I can't exit the screen.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied February 2018

Hey Melissa, Thank you so much for your review! We love having you guys as part of the Easy Storage family. We just wanted to let you know we're working on the ability to send a text message manually and should be releasing it soon! As far as your manager username displaying on the tenants profile we'd love to talk to you about that and see if we can help you resolve that issue. Thank you again for your review!

Jennifer from San Jacinto Storage

EasyStorage is a very user friendly software. I would recommend it to all storage facilities.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and is easy to manage. The menus are easy to navigate and they system is very easy to set up. The customer service behind easy storage is A+ quality and everyone I have spoken to is extra friendly and eager to help. They are also very good with updating the software to make it even more manageable and user friendly.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike. I wish they had an option under the customer's tab to select multiple customers that you wish to apply the same function. For example, if you were archiving customers and wanted to archive more than one at a time, it would be nice to have the ability to do it.

March 2014

Teresa from Flatlander Storage and Graphics

March 2014

Fantastic Improvement

We bought this storage facility last year from my Father in Law. It was run on spread sheets and peachtree with a completely separate program for the gate. It was ridiculous. Once a month everything had to be turned over to the CPA to balance the books. (The costs of the CPA were upwards of $1000. a year if you include taxes) I was spending at least 20 hours a week on paperwork alone. Then there was the billing, it was a nightmare, to say the least, that would take 2 days to complete and was Never right. We did not take plastic, either so besides all the people who just walked away (lost sales) everything was cash or check. There are a lot of people who think its unprofessional or even hinky when you don't take credit cards. We did a lot of research on companies and ended up with Easy Storage Solutions in November 2013. We could not be happier. The CPA is a thing of the past and I am looking forward to doing my own taxes this year. My paper work is down to a few minutes a day and billing day is a few "clicks" away. We no longer spend days trying to get the billing right. They hooked us up with YapStone, (another great company) for our credit card needs. They are only charging 2%. 30% of our customers have already signed up and its only been a few months!!! I can forsee a time when we wont have to use stamps, stationary... Easy Storage is a very easy program to run and teach to employees. The guys are always "on call". They stand behind what they say and are very knowledgeable about this program. Nate you rock. The only down side is we have a graphics business too, and this program has no place to account for it so we are still using peachtree for that, but I have faith that Jimmy and the guys will get that addressed at some point. As far as Storage Programs go this one is Fantastic. Our business is up 25% and all inside storage is full for the first time in 12 years. I could not be happier. I can now concentrate on sales!!!

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the review!

Perfect software for my small storage rental business, and the staff supportive after the sale

Pros

Extremely easy to set up and learn. Cloud based, so I am not tied to the office desk. Has many features that can be programmed to perform automatically, invoicing, late reminders, lockout out notices, etc help clerical staff stay on top of collections. Customers can manage their accounts online, make payments, or setup automated payments. Customers can view availability and rent storage units online. Easy Storage Solutions does their best to incorporate the software user suggestions in their latest updates. Communications with the support staff via chat, email & phone is simple and easy. I am glad that I was fortunate enough to have found the software.

Cons

Unable to think of anything that I don't like about Easy Storage Solutions software, it suits me just fine!

Isaiah from ABC Mini Storage - Flagstaff

Excellent Option for Small Storage Facilities

Pros

The User Interface is easy to use with the site map. The functionality brings most of our reporting into one place. They have the best Customer Support I have experienced in any software I have had to use, and the updates to the manager access has made the software much more user friendly. Our tenants have communicated that the love the functionality they have from the tenant portal. The cost makes it feasible for a small facility to implement and manage their facility without costing to much.

Cons

The setup took a little while to get the map laid out properly. some of the functions take a little more of a learning curve than I feel should be expected. Some functions that are available through more expensive solutions are not available, but the cost is much better

Cindy from C & L Storage, LLC

Industry: Facilities Services

This is just the right software for my small storage business.

I love the easy access and love how I can help walk customers through the payment options if they want to setup automatic payments, etc.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use and if I make a blunder I have support to help me through any software support needed. There are so many positive things about this software that I cannot think of any Cons. I have used this software since 2014 and back then I could have given you a few things that I did not like, but through the last couple years there have been some great improvements. Editing profiles has become so much easier when a customer needs a change in personal information.

Dan from Miller Properties and Investments

Industry: Facilities Services

The Best there is!

past due accounts stay more current and I do not have to keep calling the customers to remind them All in all, I love this software, I am glad I switched

Pros

This software is a blessing. I was using U-Haul when I took over and decided to find another software solution. I like that I can access everything from my cell phone and it works exactly like I am in front of my PC. My customers love the text reminders and on line payment. we did not have that ability with the previous software

Cons

I cannot send an individual text on demand when needed would like to save settings in revenue and collection reports ( Revenue, have the ability to save settings as a default on how I want the report displayed...grouped) also have the default start date listed as the current date instead of the 1st of the month. we do our reports daily. On the collections, would like to set a default to sort by days behind with the most behind at the top of the list

Set it and forget it technology

Pros

Once set up, the software requires very little effort to keep the site updated and working. Making changes to information is simple, and while we don't use all the functionality, none of the tools we don't use get in the way of using the ones we do use. The support is also fantastic - rarely does it take more than a single 15 minute call or quick email to have our issues resolved.

Cons

I could use a more customizable reporting format instead of using the predefined reports. We often have to merge the data from a couple reports into a single report to create the picture we need, but don't expect they could build reports for every business format, so a simple data export tool that allows user selection would save us a little time. Pretty minor though...

Becky from Outback Storage II

Outback Storage II

I am a new customer and this is the first month the software has been fully up and running. I am still learning how to use the system but the more I use it, the more I understand it. It took some time transferring my customer information into the software but that is to be expected.

Pros

The text and email invoices, as well as late notices being sent out automatically, are a plus. My previous program did not have that feature and it was not accessible through the internet. Having the credit card processor integrated into the software also saves me a lot of time. I am no longer making double entries.

Cons

I have customers who are confused by the invoices that are sent out. When setting up each customer you need to make sure you have all boxes checked (text, email, etc) because otherwise, you have to go into each individual account and check the corresponding boxes. Not a huge deal but somewhat time consuming.

Response from Jimmy

Replied February 2017

Hi Becky, thanks for your review. There is actually a global setting that turns on all invoicing and email and text invoice reminders. Sorry you did not see that feature before you went in and edited the notification preferences on a tenant level.

May 2015

Larry from Barwick Storage

May 2015

Intuitive, Inexpensive, & Outstanding Support

Pros

Easy Storage Solutions is an intuitive, easy-to-use management system that our property implemented with minimal effort and training for our staff. It has changed our business in many, many ways such as reduced delinquencies, better inventory management, and revenue management. Having email and text messaging channels INCLUDED with the software at no additional cost is a huge add that we use regularly. Inquiries for support are almost always opened immediately and responses received within a couple hours.

Cons

There are some small challenges with data fields that we cannot edit such as number of days past due. The software does assume a due date of the 1st of the month, which we do not have so it presents some small barriers to full utilization of the functionality available. There is no user-level access so everyone has access to all information and reports. In facilities staffed like ours, that is a challenge because staff can see all overall financial activity.

Cameron from Progress Storage

Simple and Powerful

This is a software and support business that makes my business possible. Without Easy Storage I could not operate my business while being free to travel and enjoy my life the way I want to.

Pros

I compared various software solutions for self storage. This software was the simplest to set up, simpliest to understand, and cleanest to use. It lacks all the bells and whistles no one will really use but places the important functions right in front where you need them. I love the automation for the storage business.

Cons

The add on call center services save me tons of time. I also use the company for collection efforts.

Diana from Solar Lites Storage

Best thing I ever did. It makes my life so much easier.

I can do thing with this software in minutes that used to take me hours.

Pros

That I get to use it. So much easier than doing it all by hand. They have lots of support when it comes to using the software. Not only do they have a link that takes you to all sorts of questions and answers....but if I can't figure it out, they are so willing to fix it for me.

Cons

When I want to do a promotions....they can't get them by renting online. They have to call to get the promotion manually.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied February 2018

Hey Diana, Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your kind words. We will be rolling out a way to do online promotions in the near future. Great Suggestion!

November 2015

Nikoletta from Pacific RV & Boat Storage

November 2015

Truly the best for small business, love it.

Pros

I checked out about 20 different self-storage software products--it was overwhelming. I just wanted something easy to use for our smaller business (120 spaces), cheap, and that made credit card payments simple. Easy Storage Solutions is it! They have the cheapest flat rate for credit cards; I learned the system just by using it, no complex manuals needed; I get immediate friendly tech support pretty much whenever I call or email; automatic email reminders to customers are great; I can custom make & adjust standard letters; I can do batch payment deposits (larger programs make you close-out each day); and it's all in the cloud so I can access it from anywhere and never have to back up. On top of everything, their low monthly rate pays for itself in easier collections, plus it includes the website, which brought us a bunch of new customers (whatever they tell you to name your website--do it). Seriously, I am so happy with these folks it's ridiculous. Grateful to have found them.

Cons

Not much. They've taken my past suggestions and added them to their list of ongoing improvements. The only thing I'd like to see that I haven't already suggested, is I would arrange the main screens a bit differently; I have some design ideas that I think would make it even easier.

reg from W J STOR &GO

user friendly, great support

easy to organize and control customers

Pros

easy to follow the billing , user friendly, easy for customers to use, fast return of payments good reports

Cons

does not reverse taxes when you credit an account. you cannot call on dates for reports. cannot pick out a number of invoices to pay , if they are not in order.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Replied February 2018

Hey Reg, thank you so much for your review, we appreciate it a ton! most reports have the ability to call back on certain dates, help us know what info you need an we can see if we can figure it out. We also are working on a feature to have the ability to pick out specific invoices to pay. Again thanks for you review we appreciate your feedback!

Don from Linesville Self Storage

Using this software has taken my storage units to a new, higher level!

I can't say enough about this software. It helps me, it helps my customers, it's a win-win all the way around. I don't even take advantage of all the features they have at my disposal, but if I did it would boost my productivity even more. Gotta make some time to get into this some more!

Pros

Customers can use it with ease. It beats having to arrange times for meetings, as customers can see what is open, can take a drive by look, and make their decision. On line payments are a breeze and have boosted my receipts immensely!

Cons

I agree, the map making is a bit difficult, but not insurmountable. Just takes some time and patience.

Ken from Lakeview All Locked Up

Quick to get up and going

It is getting better as it goes, they are always adding new features and working hard to improve any issues. You can always call them and they will fix issue you are having on their end.

Pros

good customer service when you have no idea what you are doing or how to fix payments with customers

Cons

setting up accounts for customers is difficult for them, and hard for customers to figure out how to move out, or move to another storage unit that comes open. So basic navigate is difficult, for customers and we call regularly for help, as we do not see the tiny buttons either to move them out or to make a payment, etc..

Rachelle from Twice the Space

Awesome customer service

I use it daily to manage 2 storage facilities and will soon be adding a third. This software makes it easy to keep everything we need in one place and not have to login to the other facilities separately. I feel like I'm a pretty experienced user with this software.

Pros

The best part is the exceptional customer service they provide if you have questions. With the ability to now have multiple facilities with 1 central login, it makes having more than 1 location a little easier.

Cons

Some of the reports don't provide the information needed. Also the mobile platform could use some adjustments.

Chris from Legacy Rentals

Great, affordable software program for small storage units business owner.

We started out with 10 storage units, but when we expanded to 50, I knew it was time to get some outside help because Excel just wasn't cutting it. The things we love about this software: 1) our customers have their own accounts, so they can look at their information at any time, 2) our customers can pay online (this has been really helpful for our out-of-town customers), and 3) this software does the invoices for me (which saves me hours of work at the end of the month)!! Also, like that we can update from anywhere: our phone, laptops, tablets, anything with an internet connection. We can see easily which units are available or closed, whereas before someone had to check the Excel file at home. This software is a true blessing, and we are glad we switched over!!

Pros

1) online pay 2) makes invoices automatically 3) texts customers payment reminders 4) easy to access

Cons

I'd like to see an option, with a clear easy tab that show what money is being taken in and what money is being taken out each month. That would make my life easier!

Lori from Store All Self Storage Inn

LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!

Ease of: use, transferring of customer's records from a previous software, top notch customer service and portability of being able to access anywhere

Pros

How easy it is to use. We're all about keeping things simple and this product helps us stay true to task!

Cons

There's a couple of features I'd like to see a little more adaptable such as being able to set a few more parameters for some of the reports that allows us to print as well as offering a "to do" list capability for each unit that shows in their record as well as the task management system and which also allows us to print.