What are Entrata users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Entrata software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love how easily it stores all the information that I need for my residents. It is also very easy to navigate."
  • icon"Very customize-able to fit your property's needs."
  • icon"Attention was definitely paid to the user experience and making things intuitive to learn. Easy report pulling and email sending/tracking."
  • icon"I get lost sometimes on how the software calculates or pulls the numbers. Some times there are errors that are hard to fix with customer service."
  • icon"Everytime an update was made, it messed up some other products that were integrated into entrata."
  • icon"Now that I rely on just Entrata, when something goes wrong it can take sometime to fix."

Browse all Entrata Reviews

• Have you used Entrata and would like to share your experience with others?

Always improving

Pros

Entrata makes the multifamily industry so much easier. They are always updating their software with amazing innovation. The settings and features are endless. They have a full time support team, trainers who do daily webinar trainings, as well as the option to come out on site and train, and they also offer a customer success manager who works with you daily to ensure that your company is succesfull while using Entrata.

Cons

Because of the large amount of setting and feautre options, Entrata can get messy quickly. They also have struggles at times when it comes to large influxes such as rent week or stundent turn as well as when they release one of their updates every two months.

Depends On Your Goals

Overall Entrata attempts to consolidate functions and create a more seamless user interface and navigation, however this has been at the expense of having less powerful software (in relation to competitors). I think Entrata would be best suited for smaller properties.

Pros

Entrata has many small functions that come in handy, such as report styles, package management, and ease of assisting residents with their online ResidentPortal account.

Cons

Unfortunately, I found Entrata to have minor glitches when trying to manage a large volume of properties or units. There have been compatibility issues with various platforms from the resident's perspective, and things like the "leasing workflow" and synchronization with other property management software like Yardi presents many obstacles/inaccuracies, especially with certain formats of Yardi Voyager.

Reasons for choosing Entrata

While I did not handle financials for implementation, Entrata created a suite that would seemingly create a more fluid, clean, and interactive resident experience. While this is the case most of the time, there are (not often) shortcomings.

Lauren

User Friendliness and Market Leaders

It has been a pleasure all around. I love working with Entrata.

Pros

Entrata works hard to stay cutting-edge in the multifamily industry while focusing on the user experience for everyone involved, not just residents!

Cons

There are still some glitches in the system but Entrata works hard to be responsive and resolve those glitches where possible.

Victoria

It wants to be user-friendly but it fails with glitchy software

Ease of management. I can view information pretty easily. The reports are useful. As well as message center's ability to communicate with our large community.

Pros

There's a lot of information available to work with. I can run reports and add notes pretty easily.

Cons

Glitches. I have to put in a support ticket about once a month, which has vastly improved from the once a week in previous years.

Keith

Good operational management tool

i enjoy using the software. it is very useful. we have been noticing a high volume of user related issues on the resident end of the platform. We would like for the help desk to be more responsive to resident issues. often times the resident is directed back to the property level for assistance. we spend various time weekly attempting to troubleshoot resident issues that should be solved on the customer support end to assist the resident

Pros

simplified solution for our daily operational needs

Cons

the software can present challenges in our daily usage at times. some of the issues might be permission based related features also

ownership change

Krissy

Access Entrada on the Go!

I have used Entrata in the multifamily industry.

Pros

The best thing about Entrada that puts it above many other property management softwares available is its accessibility. You can access Entrada on the go- ranging from a laptop, to tablet, to even your smart phone. It is a fantastic tool when you are out of the office, and need to complete tasks away from your desk.

Cons

My biggest critique for Entrata would be to step up on their marketing game. What they have to offer is an incredible service, which I believe many more companies would benefit from. Unfortunately, most of the property managers I know use other software such as Yardi.

Maddie

Entrata - Student Living

Overall, entrata does have some glitches but they are minor. I would definitely choose to use entrata over any other property management program. The benefits and ease of use with entrata cannot be matched.

Pros

I like Entrata mainly because of the dashboard. The dashboard makes it super convenient to see everything that needs to be done and any tasks that are outstanding. Also, the bulk unit assignment board is the greatest thing when you are roommates matching people and assigning apartments.

Cons

One thing I dislike about entrata is that sometimes there are random bugs and glitches. Some things are easily resolved an others take forever to be fixed. I've had multiple problems with entrata saying that two applicants have the same email address (which halts the entire application process) when in fact no one has the same email.

An industry standard in an industry with room to improve

Considerably better than OneSite. There’s improvements I’d like to see, but I could comfortably recommend Entrata.

Pros

Entrata has a best-in-class user interface and works reasonably well with mobile devices. Property management software is not known for either of those things, so I was pleasantly surprised. Entrata has a respectable array of features and exceptionally customizable reporting. Entrata makes it easy to pull virtually any data you would need and format it in a way that would be presentable to owners or investors.

Cons

Entrata would probably be near perfect for a conventional housing property manager. Student housing, however, is a little different. College students can create incredibly complex situations that Entrata doesn’t always easily conform to. Entrata might work the way you’d expect to, but students do not. In a perfect world, there would be more property manager input in the programming stage.

Jessica

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

All in one!

Great, easy to use and set up for your property.

Pros

- Very customize-able to fit your property's needs - Great for student housing where you rent by the bed-space - Prospective residents, current tenants, accounting, website info all in one! - Customer Support a call away and always willing to help

Cons

- Some features are difficult to find or learn how to use - Multiple ways of completing one task, if you call in for help, you may get different instructions

Reasons for switching to Entrata

Better functionality and use for specific needs

Quita

One Stop Shop of Property Management Software

Overall Entrata is a great software and the best that I have used in my 7 years in property management.

Pros

The best part about Entrata is the fact that I do not need any other software. Entrata has everything you need to run your property. From being able to post your available apartments on Craigslist to scanning Invoices and payments. I love not having to have multiple software running at the same time just to do my everyday work.

Cons

Now that I rely on just Entrata, when something goes wrong it can take sometime to fix. This is mainly when it is a small issue that they are unaware of until we have to report it. Sometimes it is fixed rapidly but sometime we are waiting a week or so for the correction.

Rutaba

Seamless CRM for housing

Amazing! Helped so much with resident retention and pre leasing at student housing property

Pros

Easy integrations, able to schedule contacts, can filter through types of interactions, can almost pull any info through reports

Cons

Some bugs didn’t allow me to click to generate reports, online chat was nearly always not functioning correctly

Great experience so far

We've saved a lot of money internally and team has been very supportive!

Pros

I have been using Entrata for over a year now on our apt complexes. The best part is its user friendliness.. especially for leasing staff and residents, it is super easy to follow which reduces our training efforts when new employees join, and also makes it easier for residents to keep in touch via res portal

Cons

The issue is that because it's still new, there are bugs in the system - for example reports not being generated in enough unique combinations of factors.

great software

overall very pleasant experience and great people!

Pros

In the industry, the best software out there. Has its quirks and you need to be detail oriented and patient to set it up but compared to the others, there's no competition. My favorite part are online leasing, the resident portal, and the level of customization and training resources

Cons

Reporting needs to be worked out more, its sometimes not easy to fix an issue or understand why something works the way it does. Setup could also be a bit more intuitive and sometimes the customer support team doesn't have the answers you hope for and you figure it out yourself anyway.

Reasons for switching to Entrata

bad customer service, not a modern product

Dawn

Entrata at Dobler

At first it was pretty horrible. Once the company started having more people involved and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] stepped in as our point person, things started going smoothly.

Pros

I used Entrata software at Dobler for years and was pleased with the change ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was excellent as our point person.) and the accommodation for the company.

Cons

Unless you have an IT person in the company working on Entrata all the time, all updates can be frustrating.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for switching to Entrata

Yardi had lack of support

Alley

Love entrata

I have been using Entrata for over a year now - uploading invoices, processing payments and tracking follow up is very easy.

Pros

System is easy to use and very simple. I love how easy it is to do follow up and track communications!

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to know which report will give you the information you need. Additional training videos would be useful.

company wide switch

Erik

Best Software for Property Lead Management

Top choice for lead management software and wish I could have it back so that I could stop wasting so much time with managing prospects.

Pros

My main exposure to Entreat is ARW (Alliance Resident Works). Oh how I wish we did not make the switch to a different lead management software. I could manage lead and go through follow-ups so much faster than now. It was easy to control and navigate once you got the hold of it and was extremely responsive and fast.

Cons

That the dispute with Yardi forced us to go with another lead management software. I just want you back! Besides that, the only thing that may have been nice is to have auto follow-ups instead of having to do it manually. There's a lot of lazy people and would just wait for the lead to pop up as unresponded later than desired; at least for my team

Eugene

Switched from ResMan!

The system is much more user friendly than our previously used software - it allows for our day-to-day operations to run consistently smooth.

Pros

Dashboard home screen allows us to track important activity + highlights action items. Ability to send leases & other documents directly through the system to be signed.

Cons

Several glitches have come up, many including email issues (BCC recipients not receiving communication, residents unable to respond to email relay, etc.)

Company switched

Ikenna

This software is the simplest thing to use.

A peace of mind. That is it. Nothing else. I promise you it that good!

Pros

The 'just work' feel Many options to get the job done Has an iPad companion app Can make different types of account for the employee Has a resident portal THE BEST PART IS THE PACKAGE SYSTEM!!!! (Its the little things that is great)

Cons

I can't select site wide residents to do a bulk email or text message. With the financial section there is not a function where you can say to stop charging late fees because they are waiting on deferment from the university.

Steve

Great Interface

Overall a really nice product with a few reporting issues.

Pros

User friendly experience. Attention was definitely paid to the user experience and making things intuitive to learn. Easy report pulling and email sending/tracking.

Cons

Conversion reports were not relational. I couldn't take a specific date and get the reporting I needed exclusively from that date range for conversions.

Reasons for switching to Entrata

Company decision to switch.

Great software for managing apartments. The learning curve is great for new staff.

Those in the housing rental industry, usually apartments bigger than 20 - 30 units.

Pros

Leasing dashboard and workflow is great for tracking and following up on leads. Accounting module is very well built out as well, and has plenty of features, with more constantly arriving.

Cons

While the upgrades are great, sometimes the upgrade breaks something in the system, and a feature might not work for a day or two. Customer support seems to have gotten worse as the company has gotten bigger.

Molly

Best in the Biz

We used to use Lease Hawk and Relate 24/7 for our EBlasts and phone call recordings. I love that Entrata has everything in one place. It's so easy to use!

Pros

Easy to use, combining different software concepts into 1. (Mass Emails, Placements, Screening, Etc.)

Cons

I wish you could type in multiple units into a mass Eblast instead of clicking check boxes. I can see how this is easier for some. I wish there was an easier way to review someone's total billing for any status than going into the tab for Scheduled Charges

RealPage

More efficient and modern

G.

Industry: Investment Management

Entrada makes leasing and resident retention a breeze!

Pros

Having a software program that makes connecting to residents and applicants is great for on-site management. You are able to email multiple residents and sort by building, property wide or balance due. It helps save paper for those times when property wide notices need to be distributed, instead of walking door to door.

Cons

I wish there was a way to select the back button and go back to where you left off. For example, if I am sending a letter to apartment 220 and need to go back and select apartment 221, the system takes you back to apartment 100 and then you have to scroll down to where you left off. This becomes time consuming. Especially during lease audits.

Krysanne

I enjoy using Entrata for leasing.

Pros

It makes keeping track of residents and leads easy. It also had a great mail/package system which made sorting packages a lot easier than by paper.

Cons

The updates aren't always helpful, for example, they updated the lead entry form. I now cannot add a note while inputting a new lead's information.

Auntuell

Great platform service for student housing.

An all around useful product in the student housing arena.

Pros

Ease of use and functions, I believe any student housing company in need of a total all around leasing product should use this one.

Cons

a la carte style functions , I think depending on what the company selects will determine the usefulness of this product.

Noelle

Entrata - leasing in the future

Excellent

Pros

The reporting and leasing experience side is phenomenal. It’s leasing reporting is so granular!

Cons

Nothing - maybe that they weren’t created sooner

Reasons for choosing Entrata

Service, technologically advanced

Reasons for switching to Entrata

The archaic system was silly and outdated

Entrata