• Pros

• "This is the worlds best software. I love the fact that it is really step by step for everything "

• "This software is easy to use and set up is a breeze. The customer service is always available to help with any issues when needed."

• "Escapia was very powerful. It could do many things for our business. Also, support was outstanding."

• Cons

• "A few minor glitches occasionally, but they are always on top of it! "

• "Some features are not flexible nor do they work well with the way we have our business structured. They do offer some work arounds but not complete fixes."

• "While recent changes have been nice, it sometimes takes quite a bit of work and time to implement them. Once they are implemented, it takes some time to get used to. "

Browse Escapia Reviews

Bharath (BEN) from Auckland Body Corporate

Best PM Software

Pros

Very easy to understand and cost effective. Each module has a unique ability to help hospitality business.

Cons

The time it takes to learn or understand the software. however the CSR team is good and always supportive

Cathy from Kauai Kahuna Vacation Rentals

Escapia is a powerful professional tool to help you run your businss

A powerful tool for the complete needs of a vacation rental management company, from providing guest quotes, customizing guest arrival experience, to managing accounts.

Pros

The accounting side of this software is strong and a knowledgeable user has powerful tools. Owner statements are transparent and clearly structured. Correspondence is attractive and easy to customize. The various tools available for setting rates/manipulating rates are easy to use. The reservation grid is easy to understand, and the filters and quotes make the reservationists' work easier and more consistent. Integration with Glad Hospitality helps provide a good guest experience without much effort (once the initial setup is complete). The reports are informative and useful. Bank reconciliation tool is an absolute essential. Having used Escapia and other VRM software while working for other companies, when I started my own company, I knew the only software I wanted to use was Escapia.

Cons

Features for automated or scheduled correspondence are weak. There is no "notes" area associated with owners for keeping a record of requests, authorizations, etc. Because it is a powerful system, to develop the skills necessary to fully take advantage of its many useful features means you need to invest some time and effort. That is not really a "con" to me. If you have a good tool, you want to learn to take full advantage of it. However, for a new user, it could seem a little scary. But we found that it's not terribly difficult to learn what you need to learn in order to successfully take advantage of the system as a basic user, and that if you want to stop there, you can and you'll still have a good system. It's worth putting in the work, though, to become a skilled user to take advantage of the full capabilities of the system.

Bethany from Beachside Vacation Rentals

A Big Complicated Software.

Escape has a lot of features, and potentially a lot of power, but it's so complicated that it's easy to miss a step and mess something up badly. Almost nothing about the software is user-friendly or intuitive, everything is convoluted and complicated, and requires many steps and a lot of double-checking. This also applies to EscapiaNET, which is also not as straightforward as one would hope since property information shows up differently on different platforms. I would count this one of the most useful features of Escapia. We have enjoyed being able to integrate with Glad To Have You and use that for guest communication and contracts, and we also push our properties out to other platforms. EscapiaNET is not without flaws and we have had issues even integrating with VRBO (which is also owned by HomeAway so you would think that would be easy), mostly because of the number of complicated, easy-to-forget steps to make sure everything is perfect in Escape. However, to be fair, I don't know if integration through any other property management software would provide better integration. As it does seem like a very challenging thing to do well.

Pros

Escape customer support has done a good job troubleshooting and explaining how things work when I contact them. There are also lots of training resources, self-help articles, explanatory videos, etc, available. I have also heard that the Escape accounting features are useful and thorough. I have not had any experience with the accounting side of Escapia.

Cons

One of the things that have been most frustrating about Escapia is the Owner web feature, which is supposed to provide an owner portal where our property owners can log in and see property details, upcoming reservations, owner documents, etc. Owner web itself is pretty limited, which is fine if that's what you want. One problem is that as of now owners cannot reset their password, and so they always have to contact us if they forget it so that we can change it for them. Another challenge has been that many of our owners own more than one property and that for accounting purposes each of these units has to be set up with different owners. That means that when one of those owners logs into the owner portal they can only see one of their properties unless they set up separate logins for each property, which includes separate email addresses. But then those email addresses will automatically be where their owner statements are sent, so if they want all the owner's statements to go to one email, they will have to forward them. We do not want to make our owners jump through hoops like this. We want their experience to be as simple and streamlined as possible. Escapia also lacks some features (such as automated emails, simpler reports, better filters for sending a guest communication, and the ability to add attachments to that communication) that would make the software more functional. I have also heard from our maintenance and housekeeping teams that Escapia is challenging for them to understand and use as they would like to. Basically, we've ended up using other software and strategies to fill in the gaps and give us the features we want, which is a little disappointing considering the seeming hugeness and complexity of Escapia.

Response from HomeAway Software

Replied March 2017

Hi Bethany, We apologize for the delay in response. We are continuously working on new features and enhancements and your Client Solutions Manager will be happy to share those with you. Please contact us at HomeAwaySoftware@homeaway.com and use the title of ¿Related to Capterra¿ if you would like. It sounds like you already take advantage of our training, support, and other resources, but we would love to show you what other tools we have that might be helpful for you and your team. Thank you for your feedback, HomeAway Software

Hayley from Bennington Properties

Best Overall Management Software

It makes the ease of making reservation easy for our staff overall and the guests have less wait time on the phone while making a reservation. The ease of adjusting rents and creating rate rules allows for more revenue at the end of each year without any mistakes.

Pros

So many great things to say it is hard to know where to start. It is so easy to keep track of what is being completed where and by who. Always time stamps with names on holds, reservations, payments, refunds as well as email correspondence. The visual calendar is another added bonus because it gives a great overall picture of each home and dates that are and are not available so filing spots is very easy. The quick quote feature is fabulous as you can pick a home in the drop down menu and apply any filter and discounts that you already have up to any home easily. Web based is a very huge bonus because you are able to view any information on any device no matter where you are. The software also links up to many other sites so linking and sharing homes and rates is as easy as clicking a button and everything feeds right over. The quick search button at the top makes it very easy to find reservations that are valid or cancelled without having to use many steps.

Cons

When adding some new charges they can be hard to track if you are not 100% sure which report that you should be running to find them. Processing revenue can be difficult at some times when guests are in house and reservations crossover between months. This is mostly because if you need to adjust a reservation and revenue has already been processed it can cause some errors with commissions. Just have to be extra aware of what you are doing to not make any mistakes.

Joy from Resort Properties Management

October 2014

Absolutely Over the Top Pleased with Escapia by HomeAway!

I made the decision that Escapia would suit our needs best (in Feb of 2014).The integration is very detailed, but I knew what the end goal was when I had researched Escapia. One determining factor in going with Escapia, was the fact that HomeAway was so active and aggressive in this industry. It only made sense to partner with the Giant and take advantage of all the opportunities it would offer my company. The things that I consider absolute PROS: They have automated all the tedious/time consuming processes such as rate building & yield management that I would spend days and hours on with our old software & now I do in about 30 minutes. I have the option of building my own rules & rate tiers, depending on our need to maximize occupancy & revenue. After my initial rules are built, I do not have to go in and spend 2 hours a day to make sure this is done..Escapia made it simple & it DOES the work for me. My saved time = revenue saved and made because I can now focus on new projects to produce new revenue streams. Escapia also has so many opportunities to partner with multiple booking sites, that I have "new eyes" looking and finding my company every hour of every day. For our marketing platform, I struggle with tracking and integrating between the time we developed a concept ->to putting it on our sites -> to launching the promotion(via any platform) ->to analytics->to eCommerce->to complete tracking. With our old software, it took sometimes a week to set all of that up from start to finish. With Escapia, I do it all at once, Again, so many saved hours and best of all ACCURATE Tracking and Conversion Reports & a websites that do what they are supposed to do: WORK. They have support that answer and listen to the issue and most of the time walk you thru it and find the problem immediately and "teach" you how to address and fix it. That is worth the integration itself. You have to do the work on the front end but after that it is pretty painless & we have more than made back the cost of the software in saved time, revenue, happy guests, our favorite: HAPPY OWNERS. The owner access is simple, easy & our owners are more than pleased with this aspect of Escapia & they have noticed the new and maximized exposure Escapia gives us. I can say without hesitation, I made THE BEST choice for our company and could not be more pleased and my expectations have been blown away by Escapia and what it gives me.

Katie from Tahoe Exclusive Vacation Rentals

Integration for Small Business

Pros

One of the main reasons we chose Escapia was for its easy integration with third parties so we can maximize how we use the software - it hasn't disappointed.

Cons

Not enough reporting options for owners - I would like reports that show number of nights rented vs. owner use nights, revenue lost for owner use nights, and reports that put all of this info together in one place. Also, lately the tech support has been hit or miss with response time and ability to answer my questions.

suzanne from Hospitality

Best software out there for Property Managers

WE are very proud to be a part of the Escapia partnership with their software we have experienced tremendous growth year over year. By providing an excellent product we can spend more time on the things that matter.

Pros

Throughout the years our staff has worked with Barefoot, Property Plus and Property Boss. Escapia by far is the best choice for us. We like the grid view and the ease of reporting as well as the high level of support given by the customer service staff and account relations. If you advertise on HomeAway websites like VRBO the integration is seamless and easy. Great group of innovative individuals who are constantly trying to improve the software and stay ahead of the competitors

Cons

Sometimes there are a few too many steps to get things done, but when you provide feedback to the support staff they will work to improve things. We really feel like partners with with Escapia team.

Very Strong System, But Outdated and Clunky

Overall our experience with Escapia (separate from Expedia or Homeowner) has been positive. The support and staff are great, though it feels like we have to call support for just about everything. It gets the job done solidly, but is seriously lacking in efficiency and design.

Pros

The booking engine is strong and it is a well-established software. It never goes down and always performs its core functionalities. It has API connections with every supplier that we need. It also has trust accounting.

Cons

It is old and dated with very few updates in the last four years. The reporting and rate engines are frustrating to use and it has a number of oddities that make training and using difficult. The lack of connection to Airbnb is also a serious issue along with the "Price Consitency" rules from Vrbo.

Alexandra from Mountain Chalet Rentals

Perfect for vacation rental management companies small to large!

I have used Escapia or V12 at several companies for more than 8 years and I think once you learn the basics, it is very easy to become a master user, and I keep finding new features and reports that are really helpful!

Pros

The 3 best features of Escapia are 1. they are always updating and adding new features to be current with trends and needs of property manager. 2. They have absolutely the best support team of any software I have used to date. 3. The seamless integration with VRBO/HomeAway is unmatched with any other program!

Cons

The upfront cost is steep especially given how many other web based programs charge per unit and not a huge upfront commitment. And the aesthetic of the site to me, is not very appealing and seems out of date.

Patricia from Dutch Rentals

Cadillac product

I don't think I even utilized every possible feature. It's a great product, but we just could not afford it.

Pros

Cons

It was just too expensive for us as we are a small vacation rental company.

Bethany from Sanibel Vacations

Love Escapia, excited for their new software

I have loved my experience with Escapia and VRBO! They have wonderful customer service and this software is very easy to use.

Pros

I have so many great things to say about Escapia. My number one is customer support. If you can't figure something out immediately, give them a call and it will be fixed within minutes. We manage 70 vacation rental properties and use Escapia for pictures, descriptions, rates, everything! We recently attended one of their meetings where they announced they will be launching a new, more updated Escapia to combine their other softwares as well. I am very excited!

Cons

Sometimes it will go out for a while, but they do always have it back up and running in a timely manner. There's nothing to say I like the least because they are always willing to fix anything.

Michael from Altamira Vacation Rentals

Great product, full of features

Great customer service. Very robust feature list. I couldn't possibly manage our rental list without a strong piece of software like Escapia.

Pros

Escapia really is a full-service solution. Reservations, housekeeping, trust accounting...it's all in there and works together. I looked at several options before choosing Escapia and none of the others offered as complete a system. Also, they have amazing customer service. Tech support is great. They respond quickly and are very knowledgable.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have isn't about Escapia, but about HomeAway. When HomeAway switched to secure messaging, it made it more difficult to deal with inquiries in Escapia. Also, there are of course some minor changes I'd like them to make to Escapia, but they are constantly improving it.

Gary from Hospitality

We've built our whole company using Escapia. The sales and tech support teams are incredible.

Pros

Easy to use. Good owner statement and reporting features. Grid based inventory. Support questions are immediately addressed.

Cons

We need the ability to send correspondence from multiple email addresses. There should be a separate email address drop down menu box for each office, or for each unit somewhere in the set up. It's an odd feature to be missing, because everything else about every unit and office is customizable (the correspondence documents, the booking modules, the rate plans and the unit setup. It would be so great if each unit could be assigned to a "send from" email address so that confirmations and statements came from that email, or from the reservations agent in charge of managing that property.

Karrie from Kihei Sands Rentals, Inc.

Escapia is by far the best software I have ever used!!

I have nothing but positive things to say about Escapia software. It is the best!! They are constantly making it better by doing upgrades and adding features to an already great platform! This software has great functionality and is easy to use. It integrates with our website so our guests can see live availability calendars. The automatic payment processing along with some many other features are huge time savers. The customer support is phananominal! I always get a live person who is knowledgeable and can quickly help me solve what ever challenge I am having! They always follow-up to make sure everything is working correctly and to be sure the resolution is working. I highly recommend Escapia! You will be happy you converted to it! I know we are!!

Pros

Easy of use and Customer Support

Cons

I can'tell think of anything I don't like.

Pamela from Welcome To Telluride Vacation Rentals

Great integrative tool for property managers, it has allowed me to professionalize business systems.

All business information in one place.

Pros

There is a lot to learn at first and there was good training classes. Most beneficial is knowing there is customer support to support you with any issues and you can get that support right away. They are also helpful in customizing to meet our needs. It also becomes intuitive as time goes on. I love how it's integrated with HA/VRBO and Glad as well as other network partners, it makes my life easier.

Cons

Some limitations within correspondence templates. I wish there were ways to make the templates more professional, there are a lot of moving pieces within templates and I haven't found out how to lock in a template design.

Brittany from Gibson Beach Rentals, LLC.

Easy, efficient, and well worth the investment. We have been on for over 4 years now!

Pros

Easy to use, constant updates with details/advanced notice and how-tos, many....MANY reports from which to choose. Great marketing API feeds for listing sites/software to help you succeed in the vacation rental space, color-coded reservation grid for easy filtering and tracking.

Cons

The ability for Homeaway/VRBO brand to match back reservations on source - I pay for a secure software. The last thing I want is my data being stored, shared, and who knows what else by marketing platforms. While the reports are fantastic, sometimes it'd be nice to have the ability to make your own report that didn't cost an arm and a leg for information that's already in the system.

Shawn from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals

Escapia Keeps Getting Better

The Escapia/HomeAway team has a great group of individuals that I believe truly care for the future and well being of our company as well as other property management companies. Escapia offers a great training program for new employees as well as ongoing support and training for existing users. Every facet of the software is being constantly improved. Reservationists enjoy the grid's flexibility and functionality. Housekeepers love the Housekeeping dashboard. The use of automatic payments and contracts have been gamechangers in saving time and improving efficiency. Overall, I'm not sure if you will find a better rental management software and team behind it for the money. We love it.

Pros

Yield managment, training, uservoice, automatic payments

Cons

Still think there's room for improvement on the service order side.

Melissa from Cannon & Gruber

Great investment for this small vacation rental company.

Increased online exposure

Pros

The software is easy to use and has met the needs of our small rental office. We enjoy the self paced online tutorials for training new staff members. We are glad they have streamlined the Glad to Have you product directly into Escapia. They are always working to make the program better & more efficient.

Cons

These are very few but are mainly with the support staff. Recently called in and received 3 different answers on how to fix an accounting issue. When it comes to more complex accounting issues, a possible suggestion would be to send callers to more experienced staff verses having them speak to the "new" person.

Hayley from Bennington Properties LLC

Great Software

Like the new features that are constantly being added to the software, constantly making each function more efficient. Another great things is that it directly feeds into other 3rd party websites so rates are photos are always up to date. The visual planner is perfect for managing many homes all at once with a quick scroll. I definitely recommend Escapia if you are looking for a user friendly easy to use software.

Pros

It is very secure with passwords needing to be changed often and security questions. The new automatic payments tool is a great feature. Very user friendly and make it easy to navigate. Great for managing many homes and never having a double book problem.

Cons

Having to custom build some reports to be run

Karen from Sunset Properties

Rental Software that allows me to grow my business

I have been in the vacation rental industry for over 15 years and have been using Escapia for the last four years. A few of the reasons I am pleased with Escapia are: it is cloud based, extremely user friendly, integrates well with 3rd party channels, has built in auto responder to inquiries & auto sign contract capability, has great maintenance and housekeeping portals, and most importantly fantastic support. Another huge item to me is Escapia continually develops new ways to not only improve the product, but it truly focuses on ways their product can help my business grow. Hands down, best rental software I have ever used!

Pros

Ease of use, housekeeping and maintenance portals

Cons

A few minor glitches occasionally, but they are always on top of it!

Crystal from VacationMB

Vacation Management Made Easy!

Pros

This software makes it super easy to manage properties from adding them onto a program to renting the units on a weekly basis. It is very user friendly once you have everything set up. It puts the reservation process, owner management, and accounting into one system to make it easy to manage.

Cons

The training was my least favorite thing about Escapia. It was difficult to get everything set up and going and learning how to manage everything, but the trainers worked with us for hours on the phone to get everything set up correctly. The support staff was always willing to assist.

Emily from Beachwalker Rentals

If we leave Escapia, I quit.

The software is incredible. Support is a-ma-zing. Our Client Solutions Manager is possibly the most responsive person I've met in my whole life. Hands-down, my favorite thing about Escapia is that THEY are never satisfied with where they are. Any question I have or suggestion for improving functionality is taken seriously. I have never worked with any software (in this industry or any other) that is so in tune to what their clients want. I've told our business owner, "If we change software, I quit."

Pros

Escapia is never happy with the status quo. They listen to clients and make sure the software grows with our needs.

Cons

Check in! It's not functional. We go off-book and use a Google Spreadsheet. It has a long way to go.

thomas from Holiday Getaway Inc

Great support & value. Could update some functionalities

The flat rate per property is very fair and much cheaper than other PM softwares that charge a percentage per booking (LiveRez). The system is relatively easy to use but could really benefit users and increase efficiency if they updated some functionalities such as custom filtering for reports (rather than having a set amount of pre-made reports and switching the photo function to drag placement ordering rather than drop-down box number ordering. Escapia is very receptive to new ideas which you can submit through User voice. Their support staff is exceptional.

Pros

Lots of functionalities and seamless integration with crucial partner sites such as homeaway, vrbo, GTHY and point central

Cons

some parts of it could use updating

Gail from Resort Rentals, LLC

I’m not liking the changes Homeaway has made

I have a good account manager that helps me through the changes they make, and that has made my decision to continue to list with them easier. They used to be a lot more “ vacation manager friendly”. I prefer to stay with the subscription model vs the PP, and feel like since they changed I haven’t been getting as good of booking results.

Pros

The reach that Homeaway /Escapia has is undeniably huge. I like that they have established a bridge or portal with my software company, so I only have to enter the listing info once.

Cons

I really dislike the way they have changed their business platform from a marketing platform to a booking platform.

Great software that provides efficient property management

they are well integrated within the hospitality industry and have multiple software options for smaller companies.

Pros

I like the features that it provides and the customer support (rep) that we receive. I like the maintenance app, the housekeeping dashboard, new owner portal, online university and dynamic pricing model that is in process (beta currently).

Cons

At our size, some of the more customizable items that we want are not able to be created. the housekeeping app (shared with maintenance), is not as user friendly as the dashboard, however, the dashboard can be accessed online via a website.

Paula from Gulf2Beach Vacation Rentals & Sales

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The Tool That Let Our Business Grow

It is always uncomfortable to change software but once you go through process it is very rewarding. The biggest hurdle is getting all the info transferred and entered. We took our time and did not try to rush the process and this made it easier on everyone the day we went live.

Pros

We needed a software that would not only book all our reservations but integrate with our accounting. This has been the biggest asset. It does not let anything fall through the cracks.

Cons

Rates are the biggest issue that we have found difficult but support has always been there to assist us.

Brian from Florida Spirit Vacation Homes

Support is great but some changes to program seem rushed and not thought out well.

Escapia is a great retail rental reservation and property management software for vacation rental property managers. The system is always online and support is excellent. The industry is evolving quickly and Escapia tries to stay current.

Pros

The reservations section is very good, distribution partners, and support is great to communicate with. Trust the software and never reporting for reservations.

Cons

Lead management system, service orders, and some accounting reports are very challenging to use and we use outside software for these functions.

Tere from Gore Creek Properties

Escapia has gotten bigger and better over the last 7 years that we have been using the software.

Pros

Ease of use. The reservation grid is simple and reliable, giving you an accurate overview of bookings and availability. The support staff is excellent. Someone always answers the phone and has the solution, it wasn't always like that a few years ago. There are plenty of options with rate rules. Making last minute adjustments is not overly time consuming.

Cons

I love to utilize the booking reports, they are very useful. I wish there were more specific reports.

Bethany from Beachside Vacation Rentals

Ugly and complicated, but mostly works

Pros

Escapia does do most of what it needs to. Especially from an accounting perspective, Escapia works for managing properties and owners, rates, fees, contracts, etc. Escapia also does integrate (with some flaws...) with a lot of other property softwares and listing sites. Finally, I have had mostly good experiences working with Escapia Support, and Homeaway Integration support when trying to figure out integration issues between Escapia and VRBO and other listing sites.

Cons

The sheer number of times that I had to contact support while using this product bear witness to the fact that it is not easy to use at all. Escapia can do a lot of things, but in order to get it to work you first have to be able to figure it out. There are all kinds of little nooks and crannies all over the software - boxes that have to be checked and extra steps that have to be remembered - if you want it to function. It's also not very pleasant to look at, which isn't a big deal, but also doesn't help. Compared to MyVR's interface Escapia just looks old and ugly. We gave up altogether on setting up an Escapia website, and went with MyVR instead. Overall, Escapia does work for us, and does do what it needs to, but it's not a fun system to use.

Escapia has worked great for our companies needs.

As our business has grown the software has made our day to day work easier and more streamlined. Escapia has been great about adding and updating the product on a regular basis with customers imput.

Pros

We have used Escapia for years and have seen a lot of changes along the way. The software is easy to use and train new employees on.

Cons

Over the years we have found the the customer service to be challenging and the software does not handle long term rentals easily.

Victoria from North Beach Realty

Escapia is very user friendly,

Pros

Escapia is very easy to use. The reports are very detailed and easy to read. The month end processing is a breeze. Adding and deleting properties is a step-by-step processes which makes things easier and leaves less room for error.

Liz from Retreats On 30A

Tremendous support staff, so patient and helpful.

There are so many great capabilities of the system, and we are a very small rental company, so there actually was more than we would have ever needed. We describe it as buying a Bentley when you really needed a Honda.

Pros

There is huge flexibility and capability with Escapia and the reporting functionality is vast. I know that when calling the support line, they are there to help and they do so with the utmost of professionalism and patience.

Jeanie from NW Comfy Cabins

Using Escapia has streamlined our business in a very positive way!

Pros

The customer support is on point, and a huge for us. Love the various reports, OwnerWeb Portal, Software University and "Online Community." Keeps our company ahead of the game.

Cons

Pricing plans/coupon codes a bit confusing but support is amazing and does a pretty good job of making sure you comprehend the logistics and helps make sure they are right in your software.

Kate from Jenkins Rentals

Escapia software user

The staff is great to deal with and is always available for recommendation. The backside of the software is daunting, but once you get use to it easy to maneuver.

Pros

The accounting part is great. Easy to use and offers comprehensible data.

Cons

It's complected to set up properties, especially the rents.

Stefan from TurnKey VR

Escapia Review

Pros

The Grid - easy to navigate the Reports. As I have now used Escapia for six years, and within my 3 companies I have had the pleasure and sometimes hard times with the software. I have seen it go through many versions and add on many functions that we have asked for. The customer service has always been great!

Cons

Reports need to be streamlined

Diane from Mermaid Cottages

escapia is great on many levels and you have some terrific associates. but there are still challeng

on line reservations. home away pm app.

Pros

The support team is great. The reservation system is also great. The marketing is also good. EAsy to use

Cons

Reviews do not transfer over to homeaway and vrbo listing correctly. does not talk to quick books in accounting. Service orders are not the easiest to use. needs work.

LaShonne from RealVoice

Escapia

We are a call center and we service and help different properties with booking reservations. We work with over 12 different systems, and this is a favorite.

Pros

I love the Escapia system is easy to train agents on and easy to use.

Cons

It is hard sometimes for the agents to remember that the last night of stay is the day of check out.

Stacey from Down Home Properties

Escapia Software Review

Escapia makes paying owners, tracking renters and reservations as well as lining up departure cleanings. We have used other property management softwares in the past and Escapia is by far our favorite.

DAVID from Summit Mountain Rentals

Best PM software on the market!

Pros

Easy to use from front desk to maintenance to owner manager team. Dashboard is very helpful to manage reviews and updated booking numbers.

Cons

Pricier than most. There are some reports needed that can be built but at an additional cost. End of year reporting can be confusing for owners.

Brittany from Gibson Beach Rentals

October 2014

Management Software that makes your life easier!

We switched from Entech to Escapia at the beginning of 2014. We were a bit skeptical at first with the costs and how "awesome" this software was presented to us. After full implementation and using the product for over 10 months now, we couldn't be happier. The time this software has allowed us to focus on other important aspects of our business is huge. This is a one-stop-shop and is perfect for training various users in our office. HomeAway listens to their clients and is constantly providing updates to give back to their customers (at no extra cost). Areas of improvement would entail more precise support documentation and improved support service. When implementing and learning the software, it was a bit difficult as there was so much information, and a lot had been updated in the system since the presentation/documentation had been released. The best part of implementation is having one-on-one time with the team to truly get your feet wet and understand the in's and out's of the software. A current struggle includes the delay in support follow-up, creating a little more headache than originally planned. Regardless, I have no doubt in my mind that HomeAway is working to build this area of their team, too, to provide a well-rounded system. Hands down, this is the best and most economical decision our business could have made. In times when you always feel like you are two steps behind, Escapia proves you wrong with its capabilities and opportunities. We love our Escapia software and HomeAway team!

Ryan from RE/MAX of the Islands

Wonderful experience and able to take our agency to the next level

Pros

Works easily with the major listing sites. Updates are often and the team listens to feedback. Easy for new reservationists to pick up on the system.

Cons

Making rates isn't that easy along with quotes for time periods not set up in advance. Scheduling inspections is not easy either.

David from Summit Mountain Rentals

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The only PM software for me.

Escapia has the tools and support that makes our company successful. It is easy to use and offers the cross organizational reporting needed to track everything from housekeeping to service orders to revenue and beyond.

Pros

Ease of use. Support team. Constant updates.

Cons

Some reporting can be tricky to understand and/or lacking in key components.

Great software, so many options offered

Data

Pros

There are so many tools offered. Feel like I have searched out most offered, but know so much more that can be utilized.

Cons

Extremely date sensitive. Been looking for help from support on a tax issue and have not received a response after numerous requests.

traci from Pensacola Beach Properties

This software makes my job easier

Pros

links with HomeAway/Vrbo. Web based software so i can access using my iphone or ipad. The automatic payment is a great feature also.

Cons

customer support sometimes takes awhile to respond/fix an issue and takes awhile to respond to a question.

Vivian from Tech Travel

Escapapia Review

There have been a few snags here and there, but overall I think the software is great.

Pros

I love the features and ability to do everything I need to with one software. (accounting, Cleaning, Maintenance.

Cons

The LMS still has some kinks to work out.

Ashley from Lakeshore Lodging

Great!

Pros

That it is web based. Switching to a web based property management software has completely reinvented how we all do our jobs! I also really enjoy the ease of use of the reservation grid.

Cons

Owner Portal could use some updating. Our owners always have trouble registering. Also, would really love to be able to have owners easily pay us via credit card.

Nikhil from Paylocity

Great Vacation Rental PMS

Pros

- Rate engine - Mobile web Housekeeping tools - Feedback voting forum for new enhancements - Eventual integration with Airbnb (not there yet) - Automated payment and reminder engine - Owner Portal - Accounting with a lot of features - Guest concierge mobile app - Support is amazing and all in the USA

Cons

- Correspondence could use more automation

Medicore Software In A Sea Of Mediocrity

Pros

Tries very hard to be an all in one solution, direct integration with HomeAway/VRBO, good customer support, the team is clearly working hard on improvements but it's a bit like trying to push a dinosaur up a hill.

Cons

Very disjointed, I often refer to it as frankenstein because it feels like all the modules were poorly connected together. Does not have an open API so integration with other systems is limited. Overall the software is very old and outdated and while improvements are on the horizon, they are coming slowly and in the meanwhile my patience is running out.

Tyrone from Myrtle Beach Vacation Rentals

Best Vacation software

I Love you guys and all that you Do !!!!!

Pros

Cons

The HSKP program or tab is not so user friendly

Kishan from Finest City Vacation Rentals

One of the Best Systems out there

Pros

I loved the accounting system. It was the most powerful accounting system for a vacation rental company. Coming from an accounting background, I found it very efficient.

Cons

I wish the system had a way to change rates for each home for speific dates. The rate rule is good is you know how to use it but it takes to long.