• Pros

• "The interface looks great. I am able to update different parts of the system and website myself. "

• "Shows property to a good advantage keeping attention"

• "It's pretty, like lipstick on a pig. If you care about your business, don't use Frontsteps!"

• Cons

• "Always wanting more coverage and secure options"

• "From an admin perspective, what I like least is the sluggish processing time for some features. This causes numerous delays for our users; and in some instances requires full software or PC shutdown."

• "As a user only (not admin), would like to be able to edit guest list within my own subgroup. MY guests, not the community's."

Browse FRONTSTEPS Reviews

Websites for associations

Everyone has been very helpful and its been a great experience!

Pros

How easy it is to set up a template and edit the information

Cons

not being to move the modules to where I want them.

Mac from Leland Management

Caliber experience; from a Admin POV

My overall experience is overwhelmingly great! Since I begin working for the company and took over Caliber management; with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team, we have made tremendous strides. I work closest with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and they make the Caliber experience awesome and assist in keeping things from being overwhelming. In a short amount of time, we have transformed the overall user experience for our company, yielding positive results. Kudos to the SUPPORT TEAM (again!!), Development [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and upper management [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

What I enjoy most is the amount of features Caliber possesses. It allows for many options and different processes that allow the user to perform their job. Another aspect I enjoy is the integrated accounting within the Caliber. This feature assists in keeping everything in one place, which increases efficiency.

Cons

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied April 2020

Hi Mac, thank you for all the great feedback! I'll pass along the kind words to our support team. I'll also pass along the feedback about performance, as I know this is something that we are always actively working on.

Jennifer from Honua Kai Condominium Association

Association Website a work in progress

Our page was originally set up through Evercondo who was purchased by Frontsteps. As the manager of the page I do not have the options to update and change much. Although this software is easy to use, it is not efficient to use. My experience with customer service has also been very poor and response time takes way too long. I am hoping that with the transition to Frontsteps there will be many improvements on the development team.

Pros

The overall look and ease of use for users/residents is pretty simple to navigate. Communicating with users/residents is made easy by sending blasts to email and text. The users/residents can also toggle the type of notifications to reduce or increase the number of devices the notifications are sent. Sign up is pretty simple on both ends; the user and the management.

Cons

As the manager of the page there are many areas that need improvement. There is no option for adding recurring items to the calendar which means I have to go in the each week of the calendar and add the same event. The files section is not use friendly either. You are unable to drag items/documents from 1 file to another. The only way to change locations of a document is to download the document from one folder, save it to a location on your computer then upload it to another file. I am not able to update/change or remove information on the landing page, It is only done by the Frontsteps team. There are many shortcomings, too many to leave here, that need work.

Patti from The Valley Home Store

Thank you for always being wonderful!

FrontSteps has been very helpful and timely in resolving support questions.

Pros

The customer support is fantastic! There are features we use daily that allow us to hide information based on user level, it's very helpful.

Cons

We use Association Voice and while some of the features are outdated our organization has not decided on what to upgrade to next.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied March 2020

Hi Patti, thank you for feedback! We will make sure to pass along your positive feedback to our support team.

Mindy from Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I am the secretary of an HOA and use this software to keep record for all of our home owners

Pros

Cons

I am a fan of their help center. I find it hard to find the answers that I am looking for sometimes. I have been handed over the website without any formal training and do find it difficult to navigate the back end of the site at times.

Suzie from Franklin Farm Foundation

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

It's gone downhill since Frontsteps took over.

Pros

Fairly easy to use although there was no training.

Cons

We used to deal with AtHome support and they were very good with their customer support. Issues would be resolved in 24-48 hours. Would also be able to speak with someone at their support desk. Now they don't answer the phone, you leave a message, and/or you submit issue via e-mail and it takes one week before you hear back from them. Our website went down and it took a week for someone to get back to us and it still is down. Ugh!

Sharon from Ashley Crossing HOA

Industry: Executive Office

Poor documentation, training, and support....did I say poor?

Have a totally negative outlook for this company; platform may be great but the company needs some serious help in business tactics ... NOT marketing tactics. I would love to see a list of HOA's, etc that use them and speak with them directly... I am not sure I believe they are a forerunner in the industry; or were they taken over by new people who don't know how to run a company?

Pros

It sounds good and preliminary introduction seems exceptional but transitioning and support are poor as well as communication-try calling or emailing them or Facebook. My gut feeling is that this company took on too much too soon and has internal employment issues that are not being addressed. Marketing the product and money transactions are their forte, the rest sucks. Ever hear of no documentation for a platform ??? Nothing written ... nothing available for download...almost like they embarked on a platform without knowing how to properly administer it. So far not impressed. Three months after contract signing to get in que for transition....unbelievable...not even an email to give you a timeline. You have to hunt them down.

Cons

As addressed in pro's. So far, all con's.

Robert from M&M Property Management LLC

Oversold with no support

Communication is extremely poor, i find myself every week sending emails with no response, i mean NO response. But Friday and Monday i get sales pitch calls to add items so they can make money off my site. How about you make them work first...that guys response. Oh, that is another department.

Pros

There is a central location to work from, however it just really isn't that important when site functionality isn't there. Unfortunate with 10 sites and none running as they should i have no real idea what the finished product entails. I'm not confident in 3 months it will be much better unless i pay an outside source to do it. I guess i don't have any real Pros and that is disappointing to me.

Cons

No where near as promised, nearly everything is a do it yourself. The sales pitch - you will receive the site, we will convert information from the old and have more ability to do more things. Ummm. no... The main site is so bad i'm using my old which is an embarrassment, but it works. The other 9 sites, 4 of which are 100% not working, the other 5 are nothing like the old sites in ability to add and remove things. The site are much harder to use and find myself in need of hiring someone to see if they can actually provide what i need. What irks me the most - signed a contract based upon a promise. You can drop info into the new site, but making that info accessible is a major problem.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your feedback, my team has been in contact to resolve your issues and I believe we are in a better spot now. If not, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Sarah from Pelican Cove

NO SUPPORT

Horrible

Pros

SINCE THEY TOOK OVER FROM ATHOMENET: NOTHING!

Cons

Service and they keep removing access to products or features we had in the past.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2020

Hi Sarah, this is not the experience we want for our customers. I'm going to ask our support manager to reach out to you.

Stay away!

Interface works like some kid's first attempt to write an app that doesn't know anything about an end users experience. Horribly written software!

Pros

Cons

Very amateurish application. Archaic interface that is not intuitive especially for the market it is serving. Difficult find information through nested file system. VERY easy to make mistakes, like double payments when making payments and the accounting system doesn't reflect correct payments.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied April 2019

I'd like to get you connected with our product team, so that they can hear about your experience first hand. They can share some of the upcoming updated with you as well. Please reach out to me directly.

Carol from Howard Smith Co., Realtors

Very good software

Good views and positive comments from sellers and buyers

Pros

Shows property to a good advantage keeping attention

Cons

Always wanting more coverage and secure options

Reasons for Choosing FRONTSTEPS

Benefits

Bibi from Mizner Falls HOA

Great company, great innovation, the employees are always pleasant!

Pros

Very user friendly! Customer Service is always pleasant.

Cons

not applicable. Very happy with the product

Brian from Motorcoach Resort St. Lucie West HOA

The worst Product and Support I have ever experienced

Pros

Nothing. They bought out the company who supplied our Website previously. Although the old product was ancient technology it was powerful and enabled us to communicate with our owners very well.

Cons

The interface is extremely poor. Naming of menu items and submenus make no sense. It is full of bugs. During the conversion process they could not convert our data to populate the new site even though the company they bought had the data. They tried 3 times and failed. I had to do it for them. Their email system currently sends to only 79 of my 300 registered users. Another bug that we have been waiting over 1 /12 weeks for them to fix. Their support is the worst I have ever experienced in the IT world.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied July 2019

Hi Brian, thank you for the feedback. I will pass this back to my team and make sure they are aware of these issues.

Ron from Arkin Consulting Group, LLC

Industry: Medical Devices

FANTASTIC customer service. Exceeded all expectations.

Pros

Customer Service My question was answered within 24hr (much less). Answer provided was short, to the point and very polite. A few days went by and a follow-up email to make certain that I was satisfied (I provided no response). A few more days went by and another follow-up email to request to close-out the ticket. FANTASTIC customer service. Exceeded all expectations. Thank you!

Cons

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied April 2020

Hi Ron, thank you for the positive feedback. I'll pass along word to my support team to keep up the great work.

Kari from New Concepts Management Group

Overall pretty good on the Frontsteps side. Have had some response issues with AHN support.

Pros

I like the format of the websites. Especially like the drag and drop feature for uploading files.

Cons

Feel like it's still in the works. Receive several error messages.

Susan from Riverwoods Community Association

Customer support does not exist for this company

Pros

Looked good in the beginning but as Manager for our community, it has turned out to be terrible.

Cons

Absolutely ZERO customer support - no one ever gets back to you when a support questions is asked

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2019

Hi Susan, I checked in with our support team and they reached out to you recently. I apologize for the delay in our response.