All Guesty Reviews

Reviewed February 2023

Guesty User Review

Mike

Reviewed September 2023

Guesty has everything we need and more...

Guesty provides everything essential for running an efficient, well-rounded, and professional short-term rental enterprise. Although it may not be the most affordable software out there, its robustness is unparalleled. They collaborate with the top distribution partners and boast a committed customer success team that keeps us updated with best practices and insights into the platform's latest enhancements. Our representative, [sensitive content hidden] Jamero, is delightful to collaborate with and always delivers solutions for our evolving needs. In essence, if you're keen on establishing a thriving short-term rental business, Guesty is an invaluable asset.

PROS

Guesty has one of the most robust platforms for managing and entire short-term rental business whose goal is professionalism and breadth of channel distribution.

CONS

The price. It's far from the cheapest option on the market.

Ease of transition.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

MyVR was sunsetted as a product, and we had to transition to something else.

Tucker

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Guesty is the ONLY software you should use

Having tried three other software solutions (Loodgix, Streamline, MyVR), I can confidently say that the team at Guesty and my account manager [sensitive content hidden] is the ONLY software you need to consider. Their platform is not just user-friendly; it's a hospitality powerhouse. Managing bookings and communicating with guests, accounting, lock management, distribution channel management, Merchant service, automations and more are a breeze. What sets Guesty apart is their unmatched customer service. They are always easy to reach, and their team genuinely cares about their hosts. The level of support and attention they provide is unparalleled. In the world of property management, Guesty is my go-to. I wouldn't think about switching – they've redefined the hosting experience with their hospitality-centric approach. If you want a software partner that truly values its hosts, look no further than Guesty.

PROS

Guesty is easy to use, has the best UI, hundreds of quality of life features most channel managers do not have, almost 0 limitations. The list goes on. I have my own account manager [sensitive content hidden] that we have biweekly meetings scheduled to go over new features, questions, etc.

CONS

There is not one thing I have negative to say. If I ever have an issue, they most likely have an answer or a workaround.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

Guesty is a combination of all these channel managers and more. They take the best from these platforms and make it not only better but way more user friendly.

Thank you, Tucker! Our #1 goal is to help customers manage better and grow with Guesty..

Replied January 2024

Tony

Reviewed April 2024

Worst service ever

I greatly despise this company and would never do business with them, or recommend them to anybody. There are several other options that are way better. I would use anybody, but this company has most of them have all the same features, but most likely have a staff that actually cares about what they are doing. The [sensitive content hidden] of this company Obviously set the tone that the only thing they care about is profits and it shows their whole team. Good luck trying to get something done with them or get good customer service.

PROS

They have many apps that you can integrate with and use for your properties especially if you just do regular vacation rentals.

CONS

The integration process was a nightmare they bought our previous company Kigo, and stopped supporting it and forced us to switch over. We had a catastrophic nightmare integration with Vrbo, which would’ve put us out of business. If we didn’t think fast and change the whole nature of our business, nobody over there cares about anything none of the employees are the least bit concerned with anything. They could care less about you as a client.

Reason for choosing Guesty

We were forced into it due to the nature of losing access to Kigo

Reasons for switching to Guesty

They forced us into it by not providing support for Kigo

Hello Tony, We're genuinely sorry to hear about your experience. Our team is eager to connect with you promptly to address and resolve this situation. Ensuring our users fully benefit from our platform and are completely satisfied is our priority. Kindly provide us with your email, and we'll reach out to resolve this matter swiftly. Thank you, The Guesty Team

Replied April 2024

Elisa

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

PROS

The support we get when we have questions or issues is GREAT. They reply so fast and do their best to help. I also like the design and layout of the platform

CONS

The fact that information changes place - sometimes custom fields are moved for example. Also, when you try to edit more than 2 custom fields at a time, it will not save.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

Company decided to move, lacking of options in myvr

Hi Elisa, we are glad to have been able to make things easier for you. Have a great day!

Replied February 2024

Jj

Reviewed September 2023

Guesty is the gold standard for vacation rental property managers

There is a reason Guesty is one of the most funded PMS companies in the vacation rental industry. They are the trail blazers and gold standard when it comes to property management software. From the amazing hands on support, to the stability of the software, I am so happy we made the decision to use Guesty.

PROS

- Dedicated account rep (shout out [sensitive content hidden]) and great around the clock support team - Guesty has all the features a professional property manager needs. We have vetted and used countless other solutions and all of them were missing or weak in at least one area. Guesty has everything we need and more. - The Analytics addon is great and gives our business the clarity we have been looking for on a number of metrics from financials to reviews.- Onobarding onto the Guesty from our previous providor was also great. We were able to easily export our existing reservations and move them over.- The mobile app is great as well, our reservations team lives there and is able to answer guest messages from anywhere. - We have not had any calendar syncing issues acrosss multiple platforms and can rely on having up to date calendars as well as integrating with other softwares like Wheelhouse for our pricing or Breezeway for cleans.

CONS

- The Guesty team has already been made aware and is pledging to roll out some updates, but currently we do not have as much control over reservaiton financials as we had with other platform. We are excited for some updates here. - We came into the relationship knowing about it, but for the unsuspecting user, there is an upsell on every turn. I'm not mad about it, Guesty is a venture backed company that needs to show returns, but just be aware there will always be an upsell, even for some things that other platforms may include in the core package.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

There were many reasons but the biggest was customer support. Guesty has dedicated account reps and Hostaway did not at the time of our switch. Having a real person who can help you with the software was essential to our business.

Reviewed August 2023

Great software

Great product and very happy with it

PROS

Great software and works seamless. Our account manager [sensitive content hidden] is very helpful and always acailsbr

CONS

Tech Support is a little slow to resolve queries

Reason for choosing Guesty

Am all Roy d better product

Reasons for switching to Guesty

Tokeets system was glitchy and the api connections where poor

Sonia

Fantastic CRM

The system was easy to learn but does need further development to be 5/5. [sensitive content hidden] however our CRM gets a 10/5 ( I know not possible but it is true) he is amazing.

PROS

The best thing about Guesty is the backup support from [sensitive content hidden] our CRM. He is on the ball and always ready to assist in any way he can.

CONS

Slowness in the development team rectifying issues. They need more staff so things that create more work than necessary are rectified in less time than 3 months!

Reasons for switching to Guesty

Issues with Lodgify capabilities, lack of client support, and system failures.

Kobus

Reviewed March 2024

Good product with added value

PROS

Very easy to use and implement. Good channel manager

CONS

Cumbersome to setup and sometimes difficult to link listings.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

Wanted the savings and ease of use that was suggested

Hi Kobus, we're thrilled to know we've made things more manageable for you. Wishing you a wonderful day ahead! Best, The Guesty Team

Ted

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Great product horrible support

I want to say, I would recommend the product. But because they support is so bad it’s possible you may lose thousands of dollars if something goes wrong

PROS

Guesty is a great product, simplifies guests checking in and checking out and stop double bookings from happening.

CONS

Horrible customer service the products failed and I couldn’t get any bookings on eight of my listings. I lost lots of money and [sensitive content hidden] support was not helpful. They keep saying they would get their developers to look at it, but never did. They don’t have a phone number you can contact you can only make a ticket

Reason for choosing Guesty

I thought it would work while I didn’t realise the support would be Bad

Hello Ted, we're genuinely sorry to hear about your experience. Our team is eager to connect with you promptly to address and resolve this situation. Ensuring our users fully benefit from our platform and are completely satisfied is our priority. Kindly provide us with your email, and we'll reach out to resolve this matter swiftly. - The Guesty Team

ber

Great software

PROS

Couldn't operate my business without them!

CONS

Has minor glitches sometimes. Account manager is always super helpful!

Hi Ber, we're thrilled to know we've made things more manageable for you. Wishing you a wonderful day ahead! Best, The Guesty Team

Jonathan

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Does not work with VRBO integrations - oversold, under delivered software.

The sales agent was a sham. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], their sales agent was knowledgeable but oversold what this software can do with VRBO and existing reservation. Do not believe their software works as well as they describe. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the integration specialist was fantastic. But after integration, the rest of the support team could use some work. They don’t know how to solve problems, rather they just pass the issue back on to your other booking channels. I believe, Guesty is over-priced and immature for integration purposes. It might work if you only use AirBnB, but if that were the case, you don’t need a channel manager software. It might work if you are starting from scratch with multiple channels, but if you are integrating with already existing reservation run, run run away from Guesty.

PROS

The integration with AirBnB is near seamless. But any other channel, be warned, Guesty’s integration software is suspect at best and will likely force several of your pre-paid reservations to to suddenly disappear. It does sync cross-channel calendars, BUT you have to watch as in our case, reservation just start disappearing.

CONS

Once onboarded you are left to the whims of their support team. One support agent will blame VRBO while VRBO blames Guesty, but in the end, you, the property manager/owner will be the one who gets screwed out of thousands of dollars of reservations that just suddenly disappear. And for our case, the $780.00/month is not worth it.

Reason for choosing Guesty

We believed the sales agent. Fools be us.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

Res Nexus does not do real-time calendar updates, nor does their software actually sync with any channels. They are as bad at writing software as Guesty.

Hi Jonathan, We are genuinely saddened to hear of your experience with us. We would love to connect with you ASAP to assist in tackling each of your issues one by one. We work hard to make sure all our users are taking full advantage of what we have to offer and are more than satisfied with our platform. Please provide us with your email and we will get in touch to resolve this matter. Kindest Regards, The Guesty Customer Success Team

Replied July 2021

Julia

Reviewed August 2021

Oversold and very disappointed with customer support

My experience with Guesty is not worth it. Not worth the additional time and effort to fix all their stuff ups. Not worth the money it costs for the onboarding. Not worth the money you will loose in the end from technical issues. Not worth the stress and frustration of not getting any customer service. JUST NOT WORTH IT AT ALL REALLY!!! Oh and before you send me a response to this review Guesty - I have had a number of conversations with your management team and still get nowhere. You say you want to tackle each issue but never really get to the bottom of them. You start with the initial contact or message but then nothing. I don't see why this time would be any different. I'm saddened to have to write this review but unfortunately I don't feel heard even after a year with you!!

PROS

The fact that you can see the guests contact details if they type them into an inquiry.

CONS

Once onboarded you were left to your own devises which was very frustrating. At the onboarding they show you what they want to show you, not necessary what you need to know for YOUR business therefore they just don't listen to your needs. You can't call anyone if you encounter issues, the support team blame the other platforms for the problem and says you need to call the platform. They message you back within 24 hours but haven't really looked at your question. You are then palmed off to someone else in the support team and you have to explain yourself again and again. They over charged on a number of bookings and it is still ongoing to try and get the money back. There are so many technical issues/faults with nightly rates and bookings. When you message them they don't give straight answers, and you are then left to clean up the mess ie double bookings, incorrect rates showing. They wipe their hands of the problems and you are left thousands of dollars out of pocket... I could go on for days!!!

Reason for choosing Guesty

This time I am researching all of the channel managers and checking all reviews.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

I made the switch because of a great sales pitch. Also lodgify had it's own set of problems but nothing like Guesty!

Scott

Real Estate, 1 employee

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed September 2019

Guesty does the work of many

The customer service has been very responsive and helpful.

PROS

Guesty has allowed me to fully automated and manage my vacation rentals. I'm a 1 man show and it has allowed me to be able to send messages to my cleaners, outside vendors, and my guests without any work. I also love the integrations and the ability to manage my rentals better.

CONS

They are still growing so some of the software can be buggy. It can be difficult when you need something done asap

Reason for choosing Guesty

Pricing was right for the features it offered. And the website was one of the best designed

Reasons for switching to Guesty

I wasn't able to do automated messages and the software was having issues with syncing properly to other OTA's. This had big costs for me.

Veronique

Reviewed March 2022

Very good product, very good service, unfortunately very expensive

Good, robust software. Very good service. Account Management ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) is available and helpful. Support is always available, we love the Live Chat feature for quick, easy-to-fix questions.

PROS

Unified Inbox, Good Guest Communication Feature, Ability to have Multi-language Automated Messages, Direct Integration with major Channels, Good API, very happy to have a bi-weekly meeting with our Account Manager ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) who is always responsive and helpful when we have questions or need help.

CONS

Very expensive, unfortunately, it is Guesty's biggest downside.

Yordan

Reviewed May 2020

Best software we have seen

Excellent customer support. Never seen anything like it before. Very easy to use. Our key account manager is providing us each type of information we need for our growth and future plans. Especially helpful trough the COVID-19 outbreak.

PROS

It is really user friendly. With great reporting capabilities. 24/7 chat service with agents.

CONS

Expedia/Hotels.com and Google direct integration is really needed. They are working on this now so we are really excited about it.

Reason for choosing Guesty

They had better pricing and also in time they prove to be super adaptive to our needs. We are working in area with clear seasonal activity so this is extremely important for us.

Eddy

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Guesty is a good tool and getting better over time.

Overall the experience is good. We enjoy using it. We do hope that the product will grow over time.

PROS

There is a lot of functionality in the tool. I'm not a huge fan of how the tool is laid out, but it does everything we need it to do. It helps us manage 30 vacation rentals that are booked frequently.

CONS

There are a few too many switches and places that need to be confirmed. Once you know how to do it, its not too bad, but the learning curve of the product is much longer then it should be.

Reasons for switching to Guesty

Guesty purchased MyVR so we had to switch over.

Matt