• Pros

• "Its easy to use for just about any employee. It isnt extremely complex like Yardi. Organizes all my tenants fairly well has a lot of features for quick easy access."

• "Easy to use mobile app and by device. Convenient enough for when you are on the go. Developing more and more each day. "

• "Easy to use and pretty straight forward. Customer service is amazing and you actually get a real live person responding! "

• Cons

• "I can get confused easily when setting things up but after set up easy to operate"

• "Wish there was a report to show historical occupancy rates. It would also be helpful to receive an email when changes do occur."

• "Some reports and functions could be more readily available and ability to better customize your query. "

Browse LandlordTracks Reviews

Jared from Grand Teton Property Managment

Professional, Effective, Resourceful, Low Maintenance Property Management

My business went from startup to professional overnight. It's systems have decreased employee cost in time and compensation. My employees are empowered to do more now. We can do more with less people. The store front for my tenants and landlords has given them confidence in me and my abilities. For all that are involved we are having a great time using it and growing our business!

Pros

The ability to turn my business into a professional, effective, resourceful, and low maintenance company. The admin time is so short. The user interface is incredible. The end consumer loves what they are seeing and it helps to retain my clients. The user guide has made it so easy to understand what I need to do without having to call the help desk and ask questions. The Help desk has been wonderful when I have called a few times during set up, however the user guide has been amazing. I love how I can have multiple income streams managed with the software. Whether short term or long term rentals you can manage both effectively here. The integration of the marketing is awesome. I click publish and it goes to websites that are the most popular where tenants are and I get quick results on tenants. The integrated background check features. This makes it simple and easy to find out information to make an educated decision on potential tenants. The background office and document storage prepares me for my accountant and my attorney in case of mishap or for taxes. The whole system is incredible. I am so glad I chose this software system.

Cons

I haven't found any cons up to this point in using the software.

Reasons for Choosing LandlordTracks

Same reasons I stated above.

VICTORIA from Eagle Ford Apartments

Some things are annoying

Organization of tenants

Pros

Organization is awesome, except for it doesnt really alphabetize anything. I love the ability to be able to accept all types of payments. I do however think that they need to cater better to weekly tenants. A calendar next to each section would help so you can select the dates rather than try to figure them out and make sure the weekly payment is made

Cons

We need to discontinue using Landlord Tracks fix for overpayment credits. It looks good initially, but reports are messed up. So in the future if someone overpays, do this: 1. Accept payment, but apply to 2 different invoices. You may need to create a new invoice for the next time period. Example: Tenant A wants to pay $200 cash, but only owes $180. Invoice 1: Receive $180.00 Invoice 2: Receive $20.00 2. Make sure of the amount owed, especially with credit card payments, prior to receiving payment.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied August 2017

Hi Victoria, We'd love to visit with you about the way you are handling the credits. The way you are doing it doesn't sound correct and is likely why your reports don't give you the numbers you want. The software has a good way of handling the situation you referenced when a tenant over pays the $200, but only owed $180. If done properly the reports will be accurate. The system can automatically issue a credit to the tenant for the $20 to be applied down the road if you want. Give our support team a call at 1-800-769-6373 and we'll show you how to do it. We'll also try to reach you on the phone. Thank you!

Karolyn from Rental Home Solutions Group LLC

Double edge sword

Enough use to of the system to realize that it is not suitable for my business.

Pros

The human beings that answer the phone on the Help Desk. Aaron, Mark & Mark's replacement are excellent to liaise with. Great system if you are just managing your own properties and not using for a property management company.

Cons

The licensing fees are comparative to competitors, however the features & functionality, system "up"time & ease of user adoption and followup from help desk requests are a lot to be desired. 1. I do a lot of work in the system outside of normal business hours. The system seems to always be periodically "down" from approx 9pm CST or at least this is the time frame when I have most issues. Does the system "time out" in the background if so when? as there is no message received stipulating this fact. I have to log in multiple times to clear error messages. 2. Help desk requests that have been escalated, there is rarely any followup by Landlord Tracks to ensure users issue has been resolved. I have had to call back in on all occasions except once. To date there is still an issue outstanding by approx 2 weeks with no followup 3. Online help need massive updating with "use case scenarios" 4. Release notes should be incorporated in the help area of the system, the client should not have to log into social media for this information 5. More regression testing is needed before releasing new versions 6. There is not a clear delineation at the sales pitch to advise that an independent accounting program is strongly advised if you are a managing company 7. As a company I am sure you have been in business for years, but the perception so far seems as though you are a new player in the market

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied April 2018

Karolyn, Thank you for your review. We left you a couple voicemails and an email last week to help you resolve your concerns. We take our customer support serious, as you have experienced, and want to do all we can to help you have a great experience. With replicated servers and industry standard fail over policies we are happy to report the servers have been up 100% of the time for 9 years now. In 2017 we had 3 reports of slowness similar to what you have outlined and they turned out to be a problem with the customers Internet provider, and local environment at their home/office. Our support team will be happy to do all we can to help you resolve any slowness issues. We also reviewed your phone logs, emails, and open tickets and we show all your requests were handled within 24hours. We aim to have the best customer service, so, please reach back out to us at 1.800.769.6373 if you have something you need help with. Thank you!

AJ from Genesis Management Company

The Best Property Management Software

This is the only Property Management platform that can micro-manage government subsidized rent payments which includes the government portion rent payment and the tenant portion of rent payment. No other property management software has the capabilities that landlordtracks has.

Pros

After reviewing over ten property management software programs that were cloud-based this program was by far number one because of its ability to manage government subsidized housing. In out mNy years of experience there is no other property management software that has the capabilities as landlordtracks in managing any type of residential government subsidized housing and regular self paying residential tenants. We appreciate and thank its creators. They understand the true intricacies a property management.

Cons

We wish the platform would offer a few more different types of auto-daily notices to the more difficult Tenants that have a history of paying late. Other than that we wouldn't change a thing.

Victoria from Vacant Home Rescue LLC

Landlord tracks, you are so great!

Pros

We love landlord tracks. They are over there and their customer service is the greatest! They make changes when problems or issues arise with our system. This software is affordable and helps us keep track of our tenants every day. We love the dashboard and use it for everything. It organizes us in so many ways

Cons

Locks up sometimes, wish we could chat with other people in the team while using the software. Dashboard reminders are a little weird especially if you want something to show up every single week on the same exact day.

Armand from Genesis Management

Awesome Property Management Software

Pros

I like this software because it tracks every penny owed by the Tenant and it sends them reminders of their accruing late fees for not paying their rent!

Cons

I only wish the system would send out a variety of different collection type emails regarding monies owed to Landlord. By offering different collection templates, would save additional time for small management companies calling on delinquent Tenants. I believe these unique collection Templates of emails sent to the delinquent Tenant will do better for the landlord in collecting their money faster. I have been a Property Manager for over thirty Years and can tell you there are about 10-20% of the Tenants that are continued late payers no matter what. A different management approach is needed for these select few. I hope you can come up with a few unique email templates for these few that would make our life even better.

MaryAnn from Liberty Real Estate Management & Sales LLC

No problems when I need support it is always there

Pros

it is a very easy program to use and Owner statements are easy to read. Customer service is always willing to help

Cons

i would like to be able to print the bills and not show security deposit section when desired. Some owner really get confused.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied November 2017

Thank you for your honest review and feedback! We will submit your response of bills and security deposits as a feature request to our development team!

Yaron from YG Properties, LLC

Good software Great customer service

Pros

I manage approximately 35 apartments and the software is helping me tremendously in tracking all aspects of the Real Estate rental business and running operations smoothly. I'm using the software for nearly two and a half years. During this time I learned to appreciate the customer service support and the level of professionalism that was demonstrate by the talented LandlordTracks team. The software is being improved constantly and they have an open ear for suggestion and feedback from customers.

Marjorie from Knaub & Company, CPAs

This software works fine for property management, but it is NOT an acceptable accounting software.

None - a royal headache.

Pros

I really don't like any part of it. But I'm speaking from an accounting point of view. It may be fine for managing rentals, but it is definitely not accounting software. I guess if there's a pro, it would be that since it's on-line, multiple people have access which is nice.

Cons

You advertise this software as a "Full Accounting Suite" which it is not. It is a single entry accounting system that lets your balance sheet be out of balance without any diagnostic warnings. It does not allow you to keep track of credit card balances since you can't enter bills and code them to a credit card. You can't edit bills once they are entered; you can't add a chart of accounts on the fly as you enter things - you have to go all the way out and set up the new account. The "increase decrease" instead of debit and credit is very confusing. This is horrible software from an accounting standpoint.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied November 2017

Hi Marjorie, Thank you for your review. We understand you were asked by one of our customers a few days prior to you submitting this review to help fix some of the problems created from entries entered in the wrong way. It sounds like you haven't been trained or brought up to speed with what they did and how they were doing their entries. The software is geared to work for property managers of both long term and short term rentals and is not meant to allow users to mix both their personal credit card transactions alongside their property management transactions and then account for them in the way this company is wanting it accounted for. With thousands of happy users, we're sure we can help you account for these transactions in the correct way. We have provided Michael and his staff many hours of free training and explained what not to do, but our advice was not followed. We would be happy to help train you as well, please reach out to our support team at 800-769-6373. Thank you!

Catherine from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - Beckman Institute

Easy and Convenient

Pros

It is easy to leave messages for maintenance. It is easy to see what payments are due.

Cons

I can't pay online, though I think that is through the rental company why I cant do it.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied January 2019

Hi catherine, thank you for your review. We'd love for you to pay rent online and the software allows paying of rent using a credit card, or bank account. However, your management company needs to turn on this feature for you, in order for you to use it . Please let them know you would like to pay rent online! We'd be happy to help them set it up for you!

VICTORIA from eagle ford apartments

Really like Landlord tracks over all the rest

total organization of tenants

Pros

Cons

Nothing is ever in alphetical order. When one company rents multiple rooms it doesnt give you the option to just log all of the rooms under one account so you cannot print a statement unless you go to each room individually instead of under the client. Under invoices, it never archives the paid invoices, so you have to hunt through paid and unpaid. When you click status it doesnt organize them in any sort of fashion, just all over the place.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied August 2017

Hi Victoria, There is an option to organize your tenants to display them the way you are referring to. Give our tech support team a call at 1-800-769-6373 and we'll walk you through the various options. Thanks!

Katie from AR National Short Term Housing

LandLord Tracks from an Accounting point of view

This is personally my first experience using a property management software. The customer service team has been absolutely exceptional as far as meeting our companies personal needs/wants to ensure we have the functionality needed to run our business each day. Training's from the customer service team have been most helpful if/when questions should arise. The software itself has been wonderful as far as meeting our organizational needs. From listing each property, photos, and details about each unit.--Definitely a pro when it comes to keeping 200+ properties in order! Excited to learn more about the software and excited to start implementing some of the features that it has to offer, as we grow.

Pros

Organizational Features Dashboard Calendar Payment Center Customer Service Support Being able to access the information it holds from any computer

Cons

It would be neat if the app had all of the functionality that actually logging in the software does. For night and weekend purposes... since we are open and running 24 hours! Looking forward... a (not so necessary) option: If there were a maintenance request, it would be helpful if the tenant could log in to their portal and submit.

Jason from Real Estate

Great piece of Software with great customer support - Need a few things though

Software is great as far as features goes but needs some additional work in the manner that the accounting is handled. Not being able to make adjustments to exist paid invoices or the payments themselves create a bunch of extra work and strong working knowledge of the accounting system and have come across several bugs that have needed fixing after updates. The biggest issue is the screen loading/saving speeds when working on particular pages (tenants, properties, payments, etc) anywhere where you have large indexes of information. I have timed this at 22 seconds for a page to load and another 22 seconds to save changes on the tenants page. This is frustrating and extremely time consuming. I have worked with a a smaller number of items showing on the page but this is only good for the first 10 on the list, then you get into changing pages and its just ridiculous to have to skip 2 or 3 pages to get back to what you were working on when the page refreshed. Fix the speed and some of the accounting associations and this will be a stellar product. Thank you!

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied September 2016

Jason, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. You are able to make adjustments to payments and invoices after they are paid. If you go to "ACCOUNTING-->PAYMENTS" and click on the "Entry Number" link you will be able to adjust the payments, reassign them to a different GL account, etc. The page loading is difficult to narrow down because many people have different environment problems such as internet, routers, slow computers, etc. We were able to load those pages under your account. The tenants page loaded in 4.3 seconds. The Properties pages loaded in 4.57 seconds and the payments page loaded in 4.98 seconds. Each page had 100 records displayed. If it's taking you 20 seconds there is an environment problem we would like to help you out with. Please contact the support team and lets help you out. thanks!

Erin from AR Corporate Accomodations

Happy to have a software such as landlord tracks.

Pros

Cons

There is always something under developed. It takes a long time to load documents or refresh a file. However Aaron handles every task and hiccup fast and professionally.

Carol from Animar Holdings, LLC

Great company with a valuable product

Pros

Technical Support is very receptive to my needs. They listen to and implement my ideas for changes when appropriate.

Erin from AR Corporate Accomodations

Mass Emails

I love the feature of sending mass emails to clients. It makes it much more efficient than outlook as I have to copy and paste each individual client.

Pros

mass emails, convenience

Cons

auto generating sometimes messes up.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied December 2016

Hi Erin, we're glad you like the mass emails! On the auto-generating emails would you mind contacting us at support@landlordtracks.com or 1-800-769-6373 and let us know more detail about your experience when it messes up? We'd like to make sure it works as you expect it to. Thanks, LandlordTracks Support

Fallon from Lion Newark Shopping Center

Great value for what I need done!

Gagneet from Singh Management, LLC

Awesome software! Easy to use and manage rental real estate

Overall, Landlord Tracks is a very easy software for daily management.

Pros

the easiness of entering and maintaining data.

Cons

the look and feel seems old school. A few upgrades would be nice.

Bryan from Utah First Property Management

Very user friendly and their customer support is amazing!

Pros

Love the availability calendar with corporate housing. Makes managing my corporate housing portfolio a breeze. Great customer support!

Jane from MJS Legal Services

Industry: Law Practice

Satisfied customer

I am a satisfied customer

Pros

The support and flexibility. Helps coordinate my files especially invoices

John from Foundation Bank

Foundation Review

We were looking for a system that would initially track rents, send rent notices, issue and monitor work orders, and that could be expanded into a full financial reporting system. We created a must have, needs, and wants list. This system met all of the items on that list except for one or two wants that had question marks on if we could make something work. That list plus the cost led to our decision to select Landlord Tracks over other systems. It was a very good decision.

Pros

Ease of use, completeness, well thought out and developed, excellent customer support.

Cons

We really haven't found anything of significance yet.

david from hfi properties

great

ease of use , mobile use, easy reports for the accountant

Pros

easy to use, and able to use on the go from my phone, easy to enter tenant payments from my phone.

Fallon from Lions

September 2016

Best value for your money!

We were looking for commercial property management software and had tried few but it was either too expensive or not adequate for our commercial unit uses. So, we stumbles on Landlordtracks and gave it a try. There are few things that still needs to be address for our use and the customer service representative, Aaron, was wonderful in helping us address all of issues and concern. The most important to us is that they are there and will answer your calls and address your issues and questions. I would highly recommend for anyone who wants to take their system online and make their work more efficient!

Pros

Ease of use!

Erin from AR National

Mostly Satisfied

There has been ups and downs with the system but overall I am mostly satisfied. There has been issues with invoices and people being invoiced incorrectly that the system automatically sends. Also, I have noticed people on "auto pay" status but there payment doesn't always auto pay. I am satisfied with how well the properties and tenants are organized. Its very efficient when looking for pictures or information on units.

Pros

How efficient it is and well organized it is.

Cons

Its awesome being able to access it from anywhere. However, the app could be a little updated!

October 2015

Robin from 613 Property Management

October 2015

A great experience and would highly recommend

I'm a new property management company owner in Prescott Ontario, Canada. Being new to owning my own business (but with over 25 years experience in the industry) I knew what I was looking for in a software package. LandlordTracks offers so many convenient solutions from keeping tenant records to total bookkeeping for yourself and owners. Banking solution within the system is going to be one of my biggest pluses as it will do CDN money where most others won't. You are assigned an account manager and when you have an issue your support is always that one person, not a handful of who gets you in queue. There is always "cons" with everything. Getting comfortable with the system and learning how to make it work for you, is always, and will always be difficult in the beginning. I look forward to a very long and prosperous relationship with this company.

Carol from Deming LLC dba Eagle Ford Apartments

As a first time user of ANY property management software, I felt like this was a fairly easy entry.

Ability to track invoices/payments, accept credit card payment.

Pros

I appreciate the prompt customer service response, the availability calendar, the ability to accept credit cards through the system.

Cons

Inability to sort Invoices by status. Unable to get Reoccurring Transactions (Tasks) to work. I'm on fiberoptic internet & sometimes the screens are slow to move.

Will from performance property management

Software review

There is no running balance on the account. Categories for each transaction should be included so that a yearly report (missing also) can be generated for income tax purposes. I should be able to download and print a copy of each page for my records.

Cons

no categories, no print feature, no yearly report

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied October 2016

Hi Will, Thank you for the feedback. I see that you are logging in as an "owner". Many of those reports are available on the back end administrators, like Mathews' team. However, are you talking about the "transactions" list that is displayed for you when you log in? If so, adding a running balance to that would be quite easy to do. To get the yearly report all you need to do is change the "start date" of the report to the date you want. For example, the profit and loss report can be viewed yearly and gives a nice summary of each properties income and expenses for the year for your income tax purposes. If you run a report it will open up in your browsers window as a PDF document. The PDF reader you have installed allows you to both download and print the whole report. We'd be happy to help you or discuss this further. We want to take care of you and get a positive review. Please contact us at 1-800-769-6373. My name is Aaron and I'll be happy help you.

Srini from Karanam Investments

Nice product but a very poor customer service

It is a nice product but I do have few questions before signing-up for paid service. I sent an email to customer support few days ago. No reply so far. I also called 1800 number yesterday and left a message. Again no reply so far.

Cons

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied December 2016

Hi Srini thank you for your interest in the software. We are glad to help you. We left you a voice message Wednesday Dec. 7th, as well as an email response to your request for a call on the 7th to help answer your questions, but have not heard back. Please give us a call or respond to the email from the 7th and we'll be happy to help you out. Thanks, Support Team

fran from Halstead

review

its an ok program we would love to have more options of reports statements and having windows stay open when you finish the task and not start all over again

Pros

its easy to navigate and the help button helps a lot

Cons

very limited not so friendly with other programs

Lisa from Golden Girls

Golden Girl Guide

I have taken over recently as a property manager in Golden Bay. I only have a small port folio, which is good. Finding this software great apart from logging deposits, will try again...

Pros

basically simple

Cons

The accounting side, do not think I have added right details

Jon from JHB Real Estate

Good Product

As my real estate enterprise is growing, this has really helped keep the finances straight. Good overall product with good customer support. While I was learning the software, they were very quick to respond. I had vetted 3 or 4 solutions and found this to be the best one.

Pros

Pretty self explanatory and easy to use.

Cons

Wish some features were linked like when entering a bill you can enter a new vendor inside of it instead of going back to vendors, entering, then back to bills.

June 2016

Jane from MJS Legal Services

June 2016

More money less work

As were getting set up refining we have less and less work to do on our billable's tracking work etc.

Pros

I find it very clear and easy to use.

Cons

That's far we haven't found any insurmountable problems

Randy from J. R. McNeal Company, Inc.

I can't use it because it offers no General Ledger functions or ability to make adjusting entries.

Used it for billing

Pros

The tenant billing and communication functions

Cons

The accounting is backwards and non standard. It offers no General Ledger functions or ability to make adjusting entries. Accounting reports offer no customization and are limited.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied April 2018

Hi Randy, Thank you for your feedback. We have made some changes to the Chart of Accounts to allow you more flexibility to do different accounting entries. In the past, we did lock this down and prevented users from being able to directly do the entries in the journals because we found many of them didn't understand accounting well enough to correctly make the adjusting entries. This has been changed recently and the Ledgers will allow you to make the entries you are talking about. Please reach us at the 1.800.769.6373 to have one of our support reps show you how to do this. Thank you!

Shalyn from Arkin Realty Services

Features & Functionality

Although they have some great features, I would like to have a little more flexibility with how things are put in.

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied April 2017

Hi Shalyn, Thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to improve things. If you can submit your requests for better flexibility to the support@landlordtracks email, or give us a call at 1-800-769-6373 we would be happy to discuss your ideas for improvement. Thanks, LandlordTracks Support

September 2016

Yaron from Seven Heaven Holdings Inc.

7H Review Sep 2016

Very friendly and knowledgeable customer support. Quick respond to customer, accepting and appreciating customer feedback, constantly working on improving the software.

Richard from Foundation bank

Very pleased

Very professional. Aaron is top quality. Very knowledgeable. Always friendly and supportive

Pros

Ease of use and detail

Cons

Some reports could be better

Stan from None

This site sucks.

Trying to pay my rent and it doesn't work. There is no place to submit my payment. Your wasting my time just because I don't have a 100 character review. Another reason this site sucks.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

It is not user friendly

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied April 2017

Hi Stan, we are sorry to hear you are having trouble paying your rent. It looks like your property manager has not configured your tenant portal permissions properly to allow you to pay the rent online. There are many reasons why a property manager may not have this turned on. Please reach out to your property manager and let them know you'd like to pay your rent online. The software has been serving thousands of tenants paying their rent online and with just a few clicks your property manager can have you up and running. Thank you! LandlordTracks Support Team

Nidia from Property Of Orlando

Oscar night 2017

not able to pay yet!...to many procedures!...I can't believe I have to go through all this to make a payment. Getting frustrated here. Can I please pay the bill!

Response from LandlordTracks

Replied April 2017

Hi Nidia, we are sorry to hear you are having trouble paying your rent. It looks like your property manager has not configured your tenant portal permissions properly to allow you to pay the rent online. The software has been serving thousands of tenants paying their rent online and it sounds like you just need to have your property manager configure your tenant profile for one-click payment. Please reach out to your property manager and let them know you'd like to pay your rent online and request to have one-click payment link turned on. Thank you! LandlordTracks Support Team

Mark from Belmar Homeowners Association

Haven't used yet

Pros

I won't have to make so many trips to the bank or handle payments from so many people. We can better track payments and balancer our accounts, and homeowners will know just where they stand at all times.

September 2016

LaToya from Converting Lifestyles, Inc.

Great Software for Easy Property Management

Makes property management easy, keeping everything in one place. Great personalized support. They called me and answered all my questions and gave me personalized training. That was invaluable.

Debra from Whitewater

Whitewater

Have not had too much difficulty with this program, but not using all of its functions yet. As soon as possible we will start using the book keeping aspect of this software. Thanks

Fernando from Anequim

Issues with some rush hour internet

Rental verification

Pros

Fast, ir works with most documents formats, able to upload heavy photographs, pdf, jpe, fast with good connection

Cons

Not very friendly with some servers, you need at least 8 megabites of internet speed in order to run the program

Mary from B&B Rental Properties of Crookston, LLC

Landlord Tracks review 091316

I like this program for our rental properties information it is easy to use and understand and keep track of property information.

Jean from Easibind Property Management

September 2016

LandLord Tracks has changed my life

i have been using this software for the passed 4 months and i am happy with its functions. I have not managed to use it in its entirety however I will be doing this soon

Nashila from Impact Imperial LP

Landlord Tracks Review

New user I find it easy to use however still learning....need to understand all the features to get value for money.

Ronert from AR National

AR National

Product works great and it is easy to use, accounting still need some twiking but in over all good......

Sonjia from SunTime Property Management

Great customer service!

We have used Landlord Tracks for over a year and love the software and their great, responsive customer service!

Itonya from Conner Can Help

So far so good

I'm still getting used to using it, but I love they have a user guide to help you out. I also love that you can do tenant screening.

Pros

tenant screening, easy to use

Cons

none I ran into yet

Ismael from Houston I.S.D

Basic layout

Pros

The main page on the website. Also like the search property feature. I would like to post a review concerning my landlord but haven't seen that option

Cons

When you log in the page goes from pretty to just a basic database look. I haven't seen a Spanish version or any other language

Bill from Yellowstone Club

Very easy to use and convenient

Pros

This site is very convenient for me personally. My schedule can change from day to day, and my hours fluctuate based on the time of year.