• Pros

• "Intuitive layout and visually nice to look at "

• "I enjoy using Palace software and after having used other systems, it is my preferred option. Easy to use and navigate. "

• "Very easy to use, intuitive system and thought through processes. Continually working on creating connections that save time and allow us to function a good rent roll."

• Cons

• "?? Well thsts a good question but .. there is nothing I dislike"

• "Some of the functions aren't as developed as they could be, ie around suppliers & reversing their transactions & also with direct debits "

• "the feature missing is rent due to vacate doesn't show up when you entering the banking. But later on it will say the tenant is overpaid."

Browse Palace Reviews

Michelle from LJ Hooker Realty 2000 Ltd

The way forward with Property Management is Palace

Really good. Great support centre when emailing. Could do with more training and prefer in person training over webinar.

Pros

The banking side of it is so easy and referring back to things to check has been very straight forward and easily assessible. We also like that fact that you can open another tab to work in another area, always useful when needing to double check something and not have to leave the current tab.

Reasons for Choosing Palace

Because our Manurewa branch had Palace Live. Our Pukekohe office were advised to go with Palace Liquid and think it is great. I have used both Live and Liquid but used to Liquid now.

Reasons for Switching to Palace

Our Manurewa branch were using Console but the system crashed and they transferred over to Palace Live. In our Pukekohe branch we used Real NZ but because Manurewa had Palace Live, we found that Palace had more features and intergration with other systems and ahead of the others. However, we decided to go with Palace Liquid 2 years ago when it was first introduced. Also word of mouth. Most Agencies in our area are using Palace.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2021

Thanks so much for the review, Michelle. We do have an online voting section in case there are others that have voted for similar items. We do offer onsite training and online. Most onsite trainings was postponed due to the various Alert Levels. If you would like more information regarding onsite training you can visit our website for more information.

Adele from Credit Control On Call

The Pleasure of Palace

Palace has made the business a lot more streamlined and efficient, which is what we were hoping to achieve.

Pros

It hasn't been the easiest of jobs to transition our last software into Palace, however, the support team has been absolutely amazing in helping when we hit any difficulties. The programme seems to be working very well but we are still in the early stages of learning all there is to know. As previously stated, we can not stress how wonderful the support team is with their efficiency, knowledge and time management.

Cons

The problem with this software is that I have to learn a new programme, always a challenge. I do find that I have switch back and forward in the system on occasions to get what I need, but that may just be another thing that I need to learn

Reasons for Choosing Palace

We did a lot of comparisons with other companies software and also spoke with many people in the industry to see what they used and what they thought of their systems

Reasons for Switching to Palace

It was very labour intensive to achieve what we needed in our business

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2021

Thanks Adele. We appreciate the feedback.

Jenny from Tremains Rentals Ltd

Palace Review

Palace is usually really good. They just have alot of glitches that need to be sorted out in Palace Liquid as at the moment its very frustrating for everyone.

Pros

Loved Live. But then we swapped to Liquid. When working correctly it is easy to use & usually does exactly what I want it to do. If the glitches could get ironed out quickly I would love it.

Cons

Feel quite frustrated with Palace Liquid. Things dont work when they should work. Lots of little glitches in it. Cannot export to excell in liquid. PMs cannot view things they want to view & should be able to view, but to give them access means they have access to a whole lot of other things that we dont want them to have access to. When processing an invoice you cannot attach the invoice then check to ensure you have attached the right one. You have to precheck first then attach. Just takes a bit longer. When you save the invoice it doesnt pull the amount forward so it still looks like it is still a work order. But once you select it & process, then it pulls it all forward as normal. When going to history to view or reverse a transaction & hide it, you have to keep going back in & refreshing it to get back to where you want to be. When you check a key back in, it sometimes still sends out a reminder to the person to bring it back. When I load a property on the last day of the month it should come up when I put the won dates in for the month - as in 01/01/19 to 31/01/19, it should bring the property up. But sometimes it doesnt you have to put 01/01/19 to 01/02/19. When you change a reason you have lost a property, it reverts back to Personal Referral. Even if you just want to change the comments on an inactive property it still changes the reason back to Personal Referral. This makes the Lost Report wrong for out HO reports & we have to lodge a help request.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Hi Jenny - thanks for you post. We are working quickly through some of the issues you've raised.

Anita from Real Estate

Shifted with ease from Live to Liquid

Currently I'm changing my business name and I have found them very communicative on getting this organised. My experience with Palace since I started 2013 till now has always been excellent, I can't fault them on the efficiency of speed on their support team , they are really patient and don't leave until they are sure you understand everything . I changed to liquid 24 th February 2021 and love it.

Pros

The dashboard is great everything right there at your finger tips. The inspection app is way more quicker now than having to scroll for the room, you just click on the picture for the room and go from there its a breeze . You can just navigate and process everything faster with Live. I'm positive there's way more I can learn , but I'm happy with the system

Cons

The shift from Live to Liquid was great, I had no issues as far as my information transferring went. Just a glitch with the integration information coming in from others. I probably don't like the invoicing side as much as live , with live you could upload them in the work orders and hit process and then just generate payment, via liquid its a little more technical , I believe practise makes perfect.

Reasons for Choosing Palace

When I was looking at all the companies back in 2013, as much as there were a lot of cheaper products out there , with Palace there was no hidden secret charges , they were straight up with all charges , they were most informative even though there was no guarantee I was going to use Palace, they care about what their customers think and pay attention when there's an issue and try to get it addressed as soon as possible.

Sylvia from Harcourts Rentals

The right Software for you

The overall experience with Palace has been great. The support is awesome. Prompt response and very patient and helpful.

Pros

I find Palace to have everything required to run an efficient property management business . Has great reports for both tenants and owners.

Cons

One thing I would like to see changed is the additional tenants details to be able to click on them to open rather than having to go to the end to edit them. It is frustrating.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2021

Thank you, Sylvia. Your review is greatly appreciated.

Helen from Harcourts Hoverd & Co Ltd

Pros

Cons

Would be good to be able to assign 2 users to one portfolio

Reasons for Switching to Palace

Chose to come back to Palace as we were limited in many aspects for reporting and other tasks

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2021

Thank you very much for your review, Helen. It's greatly appreciated.

Holly from Eves Realty Hamilton

Easy to learn

I have never used another software for property management, although I have used other software in general and this is definitely the easiest to learn.

Pros

The thing I like most about Palace is that if you don't know how to do something, it's not hard to figure it out. If you can't there's always customer support there to help you.

Cons

My biggest pet peeve is when you are in a tenant diary and click back to go to the menu again and it gets stuck in a loop of diary to diary entry and also that all works orders show instead of just the open ones when going in to load an invoice.

Unsure

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2021

Thanks for your feedback Holly. We're continually working to improve what Palace can offer.

Asher from Lets Rent

Useful program with good integration

We find Palace useful but has its limitations in routine inspections, ingoings and vacates and maintenance

Pros

- Integration with mobile devices and other software

Cons

Slow and also crashes. We find that Palace also isnt ideal for doing routine inspections

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thanks Asher, a new version of the app is due out later this month.

Great Property Management Software

Overall a great software providing lots of support to our business. MOM and EOM processes help simplify these key tasks Portfolio stats work well to provide KPIs Owner, Property and Tenancy records provide all the info and reporting needed for PMs to keep on top of their tasks

Pros

Compares well to other PM software with a great interface, all the usual requirements covered within the software and some useful APIs for more specialised plug-ins. When doing our research, Palace covered the most automated processes and met the most requirements for our business.

Cons

Some irritating wee bugs, unfinished features and flawed design released too early. Palace are working to fix these but the timelines can be too amibitious and releases sometimes not quite ready. Seem to be improving. Inspection software flaws created extra work

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks. The mobile inspection app is being refreshed in the next 4 weeks.

Kelly from Eves Realty

Review of Palace

Pros

Relatively easy to navigate around the site

Cons

If something goes wrong waiting for someone to call you from the help desk is super annoying as the nature of our job means we are out and about so having to wait for someone to call can cause huge problems if I have appointments etc

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Hi Kelly. Thanks for posting. We do endeavour to get back within an hour if not sooner. We understand, that as a property manager, you have appointments in and out of the office each day and we do aim to try and reach you at a convenient time.

Jane from Harcourts

You guys are great!

The information is well laid out and easily accessible. When there is an issue, the support team are always friendly and helpful.

Pros

It is usually pretty easy to use, and all the information is generally easily accessible. The support team are A-1 thank you

Cons

I am not a fan of Citrix, but am aware of palace Liquid and am looking forward to moving to that soon. Would like to have multiple windows open so can refer back and forth instead of having to print a tree each time there is an issue - again i understand this is possible with Liquid and look forward to the new features of the web based system

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Hi Jane, thanks for your review. The web-version is certainly a lot easier to use than the Citrix version and we're in the process of migrating everyone. Look forward to hearing what you think of the new version.

Trish from George Boyes and Co

Palace

It has certainly speed up the rental management and when we make greater use of the Total Tenancy feeds it should make things a lot quicker. Given the choice I would not change from Palace and would recommend it to others - nothing works perfectly and to be fair many problems arise from user issues - lack of willingness to change, not taking up the training offered, poor accounting skills and a tendency to run multiple systems - i.e. excessive paper file system that are simply... not... necessary. But horse to water and that sort of thing:-)

Pros

Quite simple to use - particularly in comparison to other software - ie Console Payouts are straightforward and being able to reload .csv files and reprint remits is great. Being able to reverse and hide transactions leads to much tidier landlord statements Being able to amend comments on transactions through history is extra helpful

Cons

Can be a bit "flighty" - will occasionally drop transactions batches while processing - seems to be an afternoon thing - means you should enter and process a page of a bank statement at a time (still manual) The comments section not clearing after entering a receipt is somewhat painful if you forget to clear it (have asked for this to be considered for a "fix") The arrears reports take time to understand We did have a lot of problems with the phone apps at first - being phone rather than ipad based does present its challenges

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your thorough response Trish.

Helen from Bay Executive Rentals Ltd

Palace customer

Pros

The software program helped me immensely as I am not an accounts person. If I did not know how to do something then I would lodge a ticket and Palace would make contact within that day to sort out any query that I might have.

Cons

It was more my poor accounts background that was at fault rather than Palace.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your review Helen. It is great to hear Palace helped immensely with the accounts. If you would like to up-skill any further feel free to sign up for our free webinars or the workshops that are offered in the offices. The Support site also has lots of documentation if you need any extra information.

Megan from Vertigro Property Management

Life made easier with Palace

Pros

Cons

Not enjoying the inspection report as it duplicates photos and makes it look unprofessional. The email is clunky and not much room for choice of logo, look, colour etc.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback Megan. We're updating the app in the next 4 weeks which will improve the syncing process. The refresh of the email area will also be updated in Q2.

Emma from Harcourts Taupo Rentals

Mostly great

Does actually have great reporting features through Custom Views - but a lot we just didn't know about. Could be our fault through lack of training though.

Pros

Ease of use, relevant features, dependable majority of the time

Cons

We are using the newest version that seems to have many "quirks" still to be discovered. We understood we were "guinea pigs" so have been patient and have no intention of changing at this stage.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thanks Emma, we have made a lot of updates so it's easy to miss some of the new functionality that is being added regularly.

Sheree from ARS Property Management

Great

Everything in place Cost saving not needing to use other programs to do some of the tasks required .. cost of the added program and cost in time

Pros

Covers all needs in Proerty Msnagement this daves time and stress when doing thr job. Good reporting and ability yo run multiple data bases

Cons

?? Well thsts a good question but .. there is nothing I dislike

Response from Realbase Software

Replied June 2019

Thanks for your positive review Sheree, we're happy to hear Palace saves you time and energy with running your property management business.

Bea from Harcourts Whitianga

Bea's opinion.

The thing that really adds to the overall experience of Palace is the assistance from the support team. They are always friendly and helpful even if one is having a senior moment!

Pros

Palace is very easy to use and I find it a very logical system.

Cons

As we are still on Palace Live it is the inability to have many windows open at the same time. I look forward to this changing when we get the go-ahead to change to Liquid!

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thanks Bea, we'll be in touch shortly regarding the changeover.

Christine from Gisborne priperty shop ltd

Palace user friendly software

I like the fact that history is easy to find

Pros

Easy to use and track user errors. The inspection facility is very good

Cons

Does not work in with Maintenance Manager quick enough to suit us for mid month and end of month roll overs

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback Christine. The integration with Maintenance Manager is an area we don't have complete control over since it is a 3rd party plugin. We'll certainly review this to see if we can improve it.

Great Property Management Software

I think it keeps perfect track of all things needed in Property Management. It helps tenants and owners clearly understand where things are at and makes the communication between so many different parties (owner, tenant, supplier, ourselves) a whole lot easier and efficient with a software program like this.

Pros

The fact that it covers everything and is regularly updated.

Cons

Takes time getting to understand full use of it.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thank you.

Palace review

Palace makes it easy to track rent payments and keep track of work orders.

Pros

They’re support staff are very friendly and helpful. If your unsure of something they have a lot of FAQ on their website. You can navigate from the owner to the property easily I love that you can upload a CSV file to your banking and it creates the owner payments for you.

Cons

Their updates to software don’t seem to be tested before they release them. It would be easier to be able to call them rather than wait to be called

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thanks for you comments.

Barbara from B & C Property Managment

Easy inspections & reporting

The overall reports of ledgers, income etc are fantastic. Love the web base with my touch screen lap top

Pros

Inspection process changing dates and ease of use from i-pad to system

Cons

Getting use to web based and not closing out all the time or going to another web site and forget to open another page :)

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks Barbara - glad to hear it's working well for you.

Amy from Homes and Properties

Property Managers review of Palace Liquid

Great tool to keep track of communication with tenants, tradespeople and owners - over all very positive.

Pros

Intuitive layout and visually nice to look at

Cons

With the new palace liquid - not all features that were in live are in place as yet and there are still some teething issues that are yet to be sorted out to save time when using .

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thanks Amy - yes, the legacy version had a lot of features that were added over a long period. Not all of these are in the new version yet, however they are not far away.

Bronwyn from Rentals.co

Industry: Investment Management

Happy Camper

Saves so much precious time allowing us to get on with other business.

Pros

How it takes the ease out of keeping out books so tidy.

Cons

Landlords complaining about how they can’t read the statements I’m unsure why as it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to read them but we get lots of complaints.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your comments Bronwyn. There are a number of different statement types to choose from so I'll have someone from our office contact you to perhaps choose a simpler option.

Olivia from Cowdy & Co

Unreliable and terrible customer service

We should have stayed with our previous provider. We were sold this product based on lies. Dishonest company

Pros

Not a lot, it would be good if the email functionality actually worked and we could reply on receiving the replies

Cons

The fact that nothing seems to work correctly and management/director are unwilling to take action in a timely manner. In almost 1 year we have had an issue list of approx 200 points of which maybe 10 have been resolved. There is no communication and countless times we have to chase for an update which we rarely receive. Support is terrible, they keep closing tickets as solved when the issue hasn't been resolved and even then they take ages to do that. They dont read the email trail properly so you end up having to repeat yourself so many times

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Hi Olivia. You joined our company at a time we were transitioning from a legacy to a web-based platform. We have pushed the boundaries in what we¿re trying to achieve - perhaps sometimes a little too far. We are, however, not dishonest nor unwilling to take action. We have taken multiple steps to address shortcomings in some of our processes and they will take time to bear fruit. I hope that, in time, you¿ll see that there has never been any malicious attempt to transition anyone onto our software that we didn¿t believe we could help.

Sarah from Far North Circle Real Estate Limited T/A Ray White Kaitaia

M thoughts

I've only had it live for a couple weeks so I'd rather no respond as yet as I'm still getting used to it

Pros

I'm still getting used to it but some things look easier but definitely need time to play around to get used to it.

Cons

Some things have been made harder - e.g. Key numbers made confidential. When exporting inspections to our mobile app it used show, however, it now takes quite a while to go into each property to get the key numbers. Diary entries, when going into a correspondence and you find that you have done one in error and just closed the page without saving - it automatically saves it, this is pointless and takes up unnecessary room

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review Sarah. There is quite a lot of functionality in Palace and it does take a bit of getting used to. If there are some areas you think could be improved, please submit them through our support centre and they'll be passed on the development team.

Jackie from Tommys

Palace

Overall good experience, I utilise the support team quite a bit & on the most part they guide me with whatever issue I am having & they are always super quick so that helps.

Pros

I like the ease of certain features such as using the reports, invoicing, daily banking

Cons

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks Jackie, I'll pass on your comments to the support team.

Denise from L J Hooker Kerikeri

Administrator

Our overall experience with Palace is fantastic. If i have an issue, i log a call and they more or less get back to me straight away, log into my computer, and the problem is solved! This has been wonderful for me as i am a new user.

Pros

Simple to use - that is the best thing about this software.

Cons

Nothing really, once you get to use the software regularly it seems very simple to use.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks Denise, we really appreciate the feedback.

Linda from Housemart

Making great progress

Pros

The software is pretty user friendly. It also integrates with over programs such as Tapi - making processing invoices super efficient.

Cons

When I started using palace liquid there were quite a few bugs, however over the last 6 months it has improved hugely and is working more seamlessly

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback Linda.

Big Tree NZ Ltd's thoughts

So far so good. I haven't use any other similar software before so can't compare.

Pros

The layout of the platform is quite user friendly.

Cons

The camera for inspection in the app hangs a lot.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thank you.

Annie from Real Estate

Accounting function

Pros

Palace support is great! Most support staff are so good for helping you to solve problem.

Cons

Accounting system is not good. No priority for invoice payment. Owner statement is so hard to understand even for Palace support staff. Some entry is so easy to make mistake, such as carpark bond and invoice credit. The owner payment allow the rent refund even with the owner has no enough money in the account.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Hi Annie, we appreciate you review. We are always working to improve the ease of use so I'll pass your comments on.

Erin from Ray White

Very good! Loved how the popped into the office today just to see how we're getting on

Pros

Palace team is very helpful and is quite an easy system to learn!

Cons

There are not enough options for templates i.e. getting tenant details on the owner templates

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks Erin - we do continue to add merge fields into templates for you to use, so please check with our support team if you're unable to find the information you need.

Tony from T And T Property Management

Fantastic software and easy to use

Pros

Very easy to use and as the owner of the company it does everything i need it to right from doing an inspection to the financial side.

Cons

To start off with was all a bit mind blowing on what it could offer and without the right support there from early on was wondering if i would ever figure out how to use it.

Harrison from Tommy's Property Management

Great for small proeprty managmeent agencies

Pros

Easy to use, simple interface. integrates well with API's form other software providers and allows for simple trust account management

Cons

Missing some big corporate features. and the cloud based variant still has some bugs in it that need ironing out.

Sara from Beach Rentals BOP

The best sysytem i have used

No problems, the support staff are SOOO supportive and very good at explaining what i need to do. 10/10!!

Pros

Easy to follow, everything is accessible

Cons

I know there is still much to know and i will one day

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thanks Sara, I'll pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

Margo from Manage My House

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Palace support is 100%

Pros

Fabulous property management software.No need to buy add ons for inspections as all included. Value for money

Cons

It would be great if you could do short term holiday rentals also. Saturday morning support would be good.

June 2015

Tiffany from Managed Limited

June 2015

Always 5 out of 5

I have used Palace for about 5 years now, in various companies. When starting my own property management company there was only one software company I considered and they were the biggest cheerleaders. I find the Palace team to be helpful, willing and always polite. No question is too small and they are only too willing to put you on the right track. It really makes a difference - they get what we do & how important it is!

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks Tiffany. Glad we can continue to help.

March 2016

David from John Crocker and Associates

March 2016

Always innovating and great customer service

This is a very user friendly software which is cloud based and will hopefully soon integrate with accounting software such as Xero. Their support systems are excellent and they are constantly making improvements to the software. Only drawback is that it is not tailored to commercial, only residential. However, If you have a portfolio of purely residential then look no further.

Response from Realbase Software

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review.

Jess from Harcourts Hamill Realty

Palace.. my daily tool at work

Generally it does the trick and if it doesn't the support staff are brilliant

Pros

The support staff are absolutely amazing Generally easy to use / navigate

Cons

Stalls and takes ages to work sometimes Citrix aspect is n't user friendly

Response from Realbase Software

Replied February 2019

Thanks Jess. We are in the process of migrating customers to our web platform which does require Citrix. I'll pass on your details to our accounts team who will be in touch.

Tara from Ian Simpson & Co Property Management

Have had both really good and bad experiences so far

We are happy enough to stick it out at this stage

Pros

Very comprehensive features and very good customization. It is almost suprisingly simple to process some transactions. Trust accounting procedures good.

Cons

Reports can be confusing at times, the support is based in New Zealand which is challenging with time zones at times.