Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "The multiple property functions are easy and the lease reminders are helpful."

• "The reporting feature has been a good option when filing my taxes. I am able to download into a spreadsheet and check for errors and omissions."

• "It does keep track of activities on each property. Sending interactive forms to tenants. "

• "Cloud based. Pretty intuitive. Ease or running reports and tracking income/expenses. I like the improvements made to lease tracking. "

• Cons

• "Still has some quirks that i have needed to contact customer support about but overall a good product. "

• "Delays getting rent payments, some times its been up to 1 week Need an app or mobile website thats not just for walk throughs"

• "I have hard time editing Information on the properties after creating the property. "

• "I do not like the section for the lease I want to put in my own lease. "

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 27 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Sarah from Realty Management, CO

Pendo is easy to use, navigate, and resolve issues with!

Easy and central place to organize and administer rental taskers.

Pros

They're incredibly responsive, and otherwise their product is always up and working. I love the extra goodies as well with regards to each property and personalization.

Cons

I think sometimes the way things can be organized on the landing page can be more straightforward, but you learn it fast and I'm content!

Response from Pendo of

Replied October 2017

Sarah, thank you for the awesome review! We couldn't be more pleased to know that you find Pendo easy to use and our team is incredibly responsive. We value each and every one of our users and strive to deliver a product to make your lives easier.

Sarah from Rennie Group

I manage over 100 apartments

Pros

I was so excited that you can send lease agreements out within 5 minutes; it's so easy. You can see what units are expiring in 90 days; you always have a good vision on what's happening in your portfolio.

Cons

If a lease is expiring say Sept 30, 2017 and you have done a new lease starting October 1, 2017 it doesn't recognize that you have a new lease pending.

Response from Pendo of

Replied October 2017

Thanks for the positive review Sarah! So happy to hear that you are excited about how quick and easy it is to send a lease agreement and that Pendo keeps you up to date on what's happening in your portfolio.

Heath from McCormick Insurance

Experience has been great. I can't imagine not using this software.

Pros

Helps keep me organised. Sorts expenses and income for each property. Tax time is much easier. I send files directly to account. I upload leases now. Easy access if I need to refer or send to a bank.

Cons

It can be tricky entering and removing leases/tenants. I do typically have a small issues adding multiple entries and the same time on different properties. I have to do a hard refresh in order to ensure they have been added.

Response from Pendo of

Replied October 2017

Thank you for the glowing review! We're excited to hear that your experience has been great and that Pendo helps keep you organized and makes tax time much easier. Our development team is always working to ensure we deliver the best product to our users, like you, and we appreciate the feedback.

Dean from Soul Property Solutions

Pendo Review

It would be above average compared to other software platforms I've tried. The price is right and therefore I'm willing to put up with some of it's limited functionality.

Pros

I like the fact that it's pretty simplistic to use, but it fairly robust in it's offering.

Cons

There are some limiting functions that we tried to get working (based on the initial sales pitch), that just won't work for us. Specifically, the bank reconciliation function.

Once in a while there is some weird things that happen, but always get sorted out by support in the end.

Response from Pendo of

Replied March 2019

Dean, thanks for the review. We are working on improving functions for Property Managers. Look for updates in the coming months!

Trish from Alder Park

Great value for property managers

Pros

Very easy to use and track applicants, tenants and leases. I use this software daily and it is way easier and much less expensive than the previous software I was using which was super cumbersome and difficult.

Cons

Accounting functions are fine if you have a second book keeping system for tax purposes, but the ability to delete transactions could be problematic if user is not careful.

Response from Pendo of

Replied October 2017

Thank you for the great review - we really appreciate your feedback. Happy to hear that Pendo is easier and less expensive than the previous software you were using!

Jonathan from Letsecure

Great software

Pros

I've used it since my first property (2014), it's easy to use once you get the hang of it. It's also great value. All in all, I am a very happy customer

Cons

It could be fancier, but I am happy. Also, I realised recently that scheduled payments going forward were not accounted for. I had to go in and do this manually, no big deal but it meant that I did not get the tax deduction for a couple of years for those payments.

Andrew from Hamilton Beach Brands Canada

Excellent Resource for Landlords

It's a one-stop shop platform to track tenant transactions and accounting requirements.

Pros

Free
Nice design
Friendly appearance
Captures virtually everything you need to do for record keeping

Cons

some bugs, but that's normal. Nothing else

Response from Pendo of

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review, Andrew.

Nev from Yeah Holdings

Pendo is a useful application for managing multiple properties. Very affordable to use.

Digital leases. Property inspections.

Pros

I have been using the online leases a lot which are relatively easy to use.
The property inspection report function that they recently added is pretty cool.
The software is getting better and better. I will continue to use it.
It is very affordable.

Cons

It's is quite buggy at times. Sometimes hard to navigate for what your trying to do. They are improving the software all the time and it's not considerably better then when I first used them. I'm using it a lot more lately.

Response from Pendo of

Replied October 2017

Nev, thank you so much for taking the time to give Pendo a review. We're pleased to hear you find our condition inspection report pretty cool and our software affordable to use. We are continuously working to make improvements to our software to ensure we create a great experience for our users and appreciate your feedback.

Tim from Snap Schedule

Simple to use - an excellent tool

Fantastic tool. Really quick and easy to use. Makes staying organized with my rental property(ies) SO much easier!

Pros

Easily track expenses and income and tally them for any range of dates.
Ability to categorize expenses and income appropriately, and report on them.

Cons

Can't seem to view entries (for expenses and income) for more than 12 months ago. Other than that it's pretty excellent.

Response from Pendo of

Replied March 2019

Thanks for being an awesome customer, Tim. We are glad Pendo has been a good tool to manage your properties. We have reached out to you regarding how to view entries for past years.

Joan from Stoutenborough Properties

Easier than Quickbooks

Works fine for real estate property management

Pros

Ease of use
Dependability - website has NEVER been down when I need it

Cons

Can't use fields or easily find information on a property, takes some time to hunt

Response from Pendo of

Replied April 2019

Joan, thanks for the review! We will be making changes to our User Interface to allow users to find key features much easier. Stay tuned for updates!

Dan from KHDH Properties, LLC

Found Pendo early on and have helped beta test. Great folks to work with

much easier tracking and reporting of income/expenses

Pros

Cons

CSV import was an original feature that was dropped. That was very helpful to me and I would like to see it come back. Some of the auto repeat features could be more streamlined to make them more helpful.

Response from Pendo of

Replied October 2017

Thank you for the great review Dan, and for being an early adopter / beta tester. So happy to hear that you find the folks here at Pendo great to work with - we like working with you too! Regarding the CSV import and auto repeat features - we will definitely take your feedback into consideration and appreciate you letting us know.

Mark from IT

Pendo Review

it is good accounting managing system. not available in US for transaction and rent pay yet.

Pros

very easy and flexible to use. very quickly to set up. good view on the portfolio

Cons

some repeating bugs resurface over and over again.

Response from Pendo of

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the review, Mark! We are working hard to resolve software bugs.

Cynthia from Real Estate

Lost Without Pendo

The account does our taxes with ease I did not get one phone call this year!

Pros

I am very thankful for the Pendo website. This year when the company did the taxes I did not have to send in any receipts or explain any payments. Everything was done directly from the website. I would be lost without it.

Cons

I do not like the section for the lease I want to put in my own lease.

Response from Pendo of

Replied April 2019

Cynthia, we are so glad to hear that Pendo was instrumental in your tax preparation process. For your comment about using your own lease document, we do offer the ability for Landlords to upload a copy of a scanned lease document. We have sent you instructions on how to do this.

Heaven for satellite landlords

I'm a satellite landlord meaning i live in Europe but my properties are in USA so this software is invaluable to me saving time especially when my taxes are due this is because the software creates a report for the whole year so i can just input the numbers very easily when they are due saving time once again.

Pros

The ease of use of the whole system makes it very efficient and it only takes a few minutes for me to update it on a monthly basis. The bank transaction integration saves a huge amount of manual input.

Cons

Response from Pendo of

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the review!

Great Tool

I am a happy customer who wants a little more

Pros

Keeping track of my properties income and expense. We have three properties with hopes of more. Like the report running ability too.

Cons

It NEEDS a search function to find one-off expenses. Also having the ability to download all attachment/receipts for property at once would be great. I would pay an extra $5/month for these two features

Response from Pendo of

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review, we appreciate the feedback. We have forwarded your feature requests to our Product Team and they will be implemented in the near future!

Ryan from Transportation

Pendo

Its just easy for someone like me with about 10 units and run it off the "side of my desk"

Pros

Great to track expenses for the accountant plus see my ROI
Electronic signatures
Tenant Screening

Cons

Delays getting rent payments, some times its been up to 1 week
Need an app or mobile website thats not just for walk throughs

Response from Pendo of

Replied April 2019

Ryan, thanks for your feedback! We have recently shortened the payment processing time for PendoPay. An app version for our product is not currently in the pipeline but if that changes, an update will go out to our customers.

Danny from Real Estate

Have used Pendo for a few years and it works pretty well. Could use a few more expense catagories.

Pros

Cons

It gets a little buggy once in a while. I have had problems with functionality and log in issues from time to time.

Response from Pendo of

Replied October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and we're happy to hear that our reporting feature makes tax time a little easier. We are always striving to improve our product and to provide the best service and support we can to make our user's lives easier!

mohammad from Information Technology

The issues

Pros

It does keep track of activities on each property.
Sending interactive forms to tenants.

Cons

Response from Pendo of

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the review Mohammad, we will reach out to assist you with the edit feature.

Daniel from Banking

Simple, easy to use and organized way to Landlord

Pros

Easy to use and record payments and expenses specific to each property and tenant. PendoPay is great - except for the couple of outages this past year.

Cons

Reporting functionality is limited. Giving a tenant a report of their payments paid for the year requires creation of a manual invoice.

Response from Pendo of

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your review, Daniel. Improved reporting functionality is coming this year!

Kyle from Brakne Holdings.