All Propertyware Reviews

Jim

Reviewed December 2018

Propertyware is the heart of our office operations

I have used and supported Propertyware in our franchise offices for over 5 years and have seen great progress in the features and services provided. They have adapted the core code to fit our specific needs.

PROS

I provide ongoing support to our franchisees. Propertyware was customized to how we do business and is designed to help our offices automate their processes. There is a very good customer support department but for our company specific questions, they call me. If I can't help them, I have a dedicated support technician I can contact.

CONS

It is a work in progress. New features are being added and at times it is hard to keep up with the changes.

Hi Jim - I was just scanning our reviews and didn't see where anyone responded to you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your positive comments.

Replied April 2019

Todd

Reviewed May 2019

Propertyware is the best of the class

Propertyware makes us more efficient and gives us the ability to communicate with our clients far more easily. We run with a smaller staff needed, and provide a much better product as a result.

PROS

Unlike most software in this space, Propertyware is highly customizable, even having an open API available in its top-tier package. This makes the software flexible based upon your individual processes, rather than having to tailor your processes to work within the software, as is the case with Propertyware's competitors.

CONS

Technical support has improved over the years, but it is still not to the level I would like. No one likes calling tech support and getting someone halfway around the planet reading from a script. This is really my only complaint with Propertyware.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

Customizability was our number one priority. Being able to tailor the software to our processes rather than the other way around was a necessity. The other available options just don't allow for that. Propertyware does.

Hi, Todd. Thank you for submitting a review. We appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with our Product Support team as well. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins - Sr. Director, Product Marketing Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Charla

Reviewed November 2016

Is Propertyware a fit for everyone?

This is my first time using propertyware, and I was not an employee with the company when the decision was made to utilize the software. To my understanding it went something like this: "Oh this one looks good, lets get it" I think Propertyware is very well organized program when used properly, and utilized to its full potential. I also think its a fantastic program for multi family properties, where all units are located at one address. But as our company does all off site management, pre leasing, student housing, HOA's, and residential homes; the software is not quite designed for that. Therefore, I am left to manipulate it to the best of my ability. There are also specific requests from my employers that need to be met, and can be, but with way too many individual edits to be made. It becomes more time consuming than what the job at hand should take. I cannot give much of a review from when the company first began using the software, because I was not with the company at that time, but was told that the transfer of information from Quickbooks to Propertyware was a breeze. This alone can be a game changer if your property consists of 300+ units. All in all, I think Propertyware is a great software, but I do strongly believe there needs to be more training available to potential clients, so they can have a better understanding of how the entire system works. Each tab is a piece of the pie, but explaining that to tenants and owners can be a bit tricky at times.

PROS

The tenant/owner online accessibility is great!! They can view their ledgers and access their accounts at anytime. I also like how mistakes can be corrected, maybe not always easily, but that is solely based on my experience and how the software was presented to me as I joined the company. I enjoy how easily you can search for a lease or owner in the global search bar, and how in the left hand column it lists the recent places you were for easier access. Move ins and Move outs are seamless, granted the correct information is input into the software. The amount of reports that can be ran is endless, and feel as though I could have this software for years and still never have ran each report with all its options/filters. The management tab is designed (ideally) to create owner draws all at once, and for a multifamily property this is fantastic. With each tab, when creating something new, there are important details included. When used properly, it can make your reports a dream!!

CONS

Tenant/Owner ledgers are not very user friendly (in my experience) They reflect very much of an accountants bookkeeping, and not all tenants/owners are "CPAs" so at times it can become difficult to explain debits/credits or income/expenses. On only a few occasions have I had to call customer service and they did not have an answer for me, or a resolution. In their defense, these requests were quite specific and not something that was frequently asked. Sometimes the amount of options for reports can be a bit overkill. Owner draws were started with custom date ranges, and generated individually, which in turn makes it a bit more time consuming for me to create them. In addition, because of the custom date ranges, the owner statements are very time sensitive and if a mistake is made and not corrected with the same dates, it creates confusion for the owners when they review their statements at the end of the year.

Clarisse

Reviewed May 2021

User Friendly

PROS

The reports and how to record anything using this software are very easy.

CONS

Hopefully they have better features for maintenance and text messaging.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

This is famous software also recommended by my friends in the same industry.

Anne

Reviewed July 2023

Propertyware Review

PROS

The maintenance portal is easy to use.

CONS

In the maintenance section - when a tenant places more than one issue in the same request, it would be helpful to be able to break it down as example: WO #935A to allow you to close out individually when completed. Otherwise, you'll need to keep the entire WO open until such time as all work has been completed.

Reasons for switching to Propertyware

My other company was bought out by Weichert Realtors - Mark Thomas Properties and I then went to work at Weichert Realtors.

Tristam

Reviewed October 2022

Steer Clear!

They are the most frustrating company I have ever worked with.

PROS

The product is very customizable. But that doesn't help, when you add a custom field to track lockset codes, and once a year they have a "glitch" and erase them all!

CONS

We've been using propertyware for 3 years. The base product is fine. But they glitch constantly. We wanted to switch last year, but my PM's father passed and we were stuck for another year. Here are the main issues: 1. Our company website is constantly down. 2. Work orders "disappear," never to be relocated. 3. Applications "disappear" and you have to have the tenant reapply and eat the application fee. 4. Duplicate checks. It will pay the vender twice on occasion. 5. They indiscriminately don't pay an owner or 2 every month, so I have to go manually check after every reconciliation. 5. Customer service is in India. They have awesome techs, but the techs have no answer for any of the above issues. It's always just chalked up as a glitch.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

Because they were more customizable.

Reasons for switching to Propertyware

Because they couldn't hold pre-paid rent until the following month.

Hi Tristam, We take feedback like this very seriously. One of our representatives will be reaching out to learn more about your experience. - Charlie

Replied October 2022

Deric

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Propertyware Review

PROS

It is customizable to an extent and allows us to have a one-stop shop for our property management division. The customer service is great, so many times they are able to troubleshoot any tech issues on the backend and/or explain how to accomplish a goal we are seeking from the product.

CONS

There are technology issues on the backend at times and we have encountered various backend issues since we started using the product. However, I do see improvements over time so this shows that the Propertyware team is actively working on solutions, which is great!

Reasons for switching to Propertyware

Open API solution to allow integration with Salesforce. AppFolio did not offer an open API at the time.

Mendy

Reviewed July 2023

What I like about Propertyware?

Difficulty to learning the software when it was dropped in my lap overnight due to me letting an employee leave.

PROS

I think 98% of your support staff is wonderful. They are patient, thorough, and always make sure you understand the solution to your questions. They never fail to say "Thank you for using Propertyware." so very important for branding and giving a lasting impression of their sincerity of helping the customer.

CONS

Learning the ins and outs of the software like when do you put a checkmark bin a box and when you do not.

It met our needs for a propertymanagement company with 50 homes

Reasons for switching to Propertyware

to get a more sophisticated software.

Thank you for your review, Mendy! It's great to see how much you appreciate our support team. If you still need guidance on using aspects of Propertyware, please check out Propertyware University if you haven't already. Simply click on the "Training" link in the upper-right corner of your account! Thanks again! Charlie

Replied July 2023

Reviewed November 2018

Real Page seems Outdated

RealPage was decent for property management, it was just not as user friendly as I would have liked. It seems like it took more steps then needed to accomplish many of the tasks. It needs to be updated to be more use friendly.

PROS

This does most of what you need to property management and works well with affordable properties. It has a good selection of reports and is fairly easy to use. It does a good job of tracking prospects and creating tasks to manage your staff

CONS

Real Page seem a little clunky and not as easy to use if you manage multiple properties from the same office. It felt like we were always jumping in and out of properties and we could not easily move between the properties. Also the accounting portion was not well integrated with the rest of the system

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for Propertyware. You'll be happy to know we've already begun introducing a unified design to our product to create consistency with other RealPage products, modernize the look and feel and make it mobile responsive for all users. In addition to design, core sections of our accounting workflow are also being improved in early 2019 as well so stay tuned!

Replied November 2018

Ralph

Reviewed August 2023

Properyware review

Overall, it is acceptable for a real estate rental business.

PROS

Ease of entering payments, reconciliations, bill payment, good variety of mgmt reports

CONS

The accounting does not really coincide with accepted accounting principals, consequently I have to double check accounting entries before preparing tax returns. Support representatives service below par at times also hard to communicate with them sometimes.

Kellie

Reviewed February 2023

A small business glance to Propertyware

This software saves me time, and this is ALWAYS a good thing.

PROS

The accounting aspect is critical and Propertyware nails it. I do wish you didn't need to be an actual accountant or bookkeeper to figure out how to make adjustments. This part is difficult and can take a lot of time to figure it out.

CONS

The Statements need to be more customized. I have several owners that are LLC's that want to see their Reserves broken out on their monthly statements.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

Price. At the time Propertyware was less expensive for the small business owner than Appfolio.

Thanks for your review, Kellie! We agree that saving time is always a good thing. If you haven't already, reach out to our support team with regard to submitting your suggestion for reports as part of our voice of the customer initiative. - Charlie W

Replied February 2023

Chip

Reviewed April 2021

Best software in the Buisness

This software has so much to offer and I'm sure that I'm not even scraping the surface of what it can do.

PROS

Very robust reporting and most detailed accounting system I have come across.

CONS

User friendly inspections would be great to have and eliminate the need for 3rd party providers. Mobile app that is capable of being used would be great. Marketing reports, confirmation of listings being active and detailed analytics would be great to have.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

Familiar with the product and knowing that it can grow with the company. Was very interested to see what new features would be added and knew that the team behind this software was willing to listen to their users.

Reviewed May 2021

Leading the Market

We have been using it for a couple of years now. We love it. The system can scale with us which is really important. Our last system couldnt keep up with our organization and growth. The software is also easy to use.

PROS

I love the fact that the software is customizable. We can pretty much make it what we need it to be. To that effect sometimes can be confusing but this option is much better than anything else currently available for purchase.

CONS

I can't connect it to everything that I need. Lead generation software.

Reasons for switching to Propertyware

Scalability and ease of use. Reporting was a big factor as well.

Brooks

Reviewed October 2020

Inferior Software - Do Not Use

We used Propertyware for 2 years before switching to Appfolio, which is a far superior product. Overall, our experience with Propertyware was terrible and jeopardized our then growth plans.

PROS

Initially, we were happy with Propertyware before it was acquired by Real Page and they stopped investing in it.

CONS

I could write an essay about what we liked least, but to name a few problems: buggy software, clunky to use, outdated interface, too customizable which rendered it ineffective for deploying across an organization.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

At the time, we thought Propertyware was the most innovative product that delivered value and flexibility. It ended up being a poor choice and we are very happy we ended up with Appfolio.

Reviewed November 2021

Propertyware software for a landlord

I have found a great tool to streamline my rent collection, lead generation, and tenant interaction that allows me to grow my business without the worry of having to switch tools down the road once I reach a certain level.

PROS

The overall ability to manage every aspect of my rental business makes Propertyware an essential tool in running my business daily.

CONS

I find it difficult to utilize the expense side of of property management business using Propertyware.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

I liked the ability to customize certain aspects of the software that are unique to my business.

Reviewed October 2021

Southern Classic Management Services, Inc

There is no way possible we could manage the amount of properties we manage without Propertyware, or a comparable product. We are vey happy with Propertyware and see they are always trying to improve on their product. Sometimes improvement, like with Quickbooks, makes life harder. No so with Propertyware. They do the work outside of office hours and it is seamless when launched, no causing the product to run slower.

PROS

We find we use this product in many ways. Just a few ways would be keeping up with leases, reports for our owners, tracking maintenance needs, collection of funds and staying on top of late paying tenants, keeping track of security deposits held, keeping and balancing checking accounts and invoicing tenants . We find most times this product is easy to use and when we have a problem, tech support is very good. We love Propertyware.

CONS

We cannot minimize when sending an email from Propertyware. Sometimes we need to view the tenants summary or ledger to get information to complete the email to the tenant. This causes us to have to either close the email and start over from scratch or open Propertyware in another tab so we can see the tenants information needed to write the email. Having Propertyware open under two tabs can be dangerous when you perform certain tasks. The body of the email you are trying to send does not have spell check. This causes us to have to copy and paste the email to a word processer to spell check it and then copy and paste back to the email if any corrections were made. The subject line of the email has spell check and we do not understand why the body of the email cannot have it as well to stream line the process. We would love to see a way Propertyware could take into consideration the owner owes a commission when paying bills. Presently we have to post management fees, edit the checks produced by entering the word Delete as the check number and then we can pay bills and not use all money in the portfolio, leaving money to be able to pay the commission owed. The next week we have to delete the checks produced, post management fees again, edit the checks again before we can pay bills again. It is a work around but it would be nice not to have to use it.

Reason for choosing Propertyware

It appeared to suit all our needs.

Reasons for switching to Propertyware

It has been a long time ago, 10 years, but if memory serves correctly, Propertyware purchased Tenant Pro and when were presented with a much better product, we got on board.

Linnea

Real Estate

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed August 2016

Didn't work out like planned...

PROS

The portals (owner & tenant - and being able to login to the portals as the owner/tenant to see what they see), ePayments (the flexibility to have recurring or one-time, the tenant can process them or you can process them in the office), rent and late fees post automatically, recurring payables (you can set them up as paid so you don't have to post payments each month), cloning invoices (never seen this feature before and it is a huge time-saver), scheduled reports (you can send as Excel or PDF), the custom fields (you can pretty much add them anywhere), attaching documents (you can upload docs to just about every page).