• Pros

• "The system is easy to use and very well organized in a matter that you will not miss anything you have put in details. Purely awesome tool ! "

• "It really does it all, and does a very good job. It is a well done software, that runs completely online. It integrates everything, and produces great looking reports"

• "Good Value for the money. Lots of reports to generate for Owners. Easy to use/understand."

• Cons

• "As I said before, this is a good software for the cheap price, but there are other softwares that are more robust and easier to use. "

• "It is a work in progress. New features are being added and at times it is hard to keep up with the changes."

• "Overall interface could improve. Appfolio "looks" better but doesn't have as robust of features"

Browse Propertyware Reviews

Todd from GTL Real Estate

Propertyware is the best of the class

Propertyware makes us more efficient and gives us the ability to communicate with our clients far more easily. We run with a smaller staff needed, and provide a much better product as a result.

Pros

Unlike most software in this space, Propertyware is highly customizable, even having an open API available in its top-tier package. This makes the software flexible based upon your individual processes, rather than having to tailor your processes to work within the software, as is the case with Propertyware's competitors.

Cons

Technical support has improved over the years, but it is still not to the level I would like. No one likes calling tech support and getting someone halfway around the planet reading from a script. This is really my only complaint with Propertyware.

Reasons for Choosing Propertyware

Customizability was our number one priority. Being able to tailor the software to our processes rather than the other way around was a necessity. The other available options just don't allow for that. Propertyware does.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi, Todd. Thank you for submitting a review. We appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with our Product Support team as well. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins - Sr. Director, Product Marketing Propertyware

Chris from Turner Properties

Propertyware is great for tech savy users that want a powerful and custom back end solution

It has allowed us to advertise features clients love such as the ease of communication and how informed they will be about all aspects of their property. It's like cruise control for property management.

Pros

The transparency it allows our company to have. With great communication tools such as owner/tenant portals, automatic email alerts on numerous activities on a property, text messaging, email and more. Powerful reporting features allows us to satisfy the demands of large investors as well as a single property owner. Support is excellent from our local sales rep to the phone support center.

Cons

Not a very user friendly and intuitive interface. Slow to roll out new features and upgrades.

Reasons for Choosing Propertyware

The custom fields and alerts were the deciding factor why we chose Propertyware.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi, Chris - Thanks for the positive review! We really appreciate your feedback. Do we have your permission to quote you? Cheers, Casi

Michael from Royal Rose Properties

Propertyware is complex and challenging, but provides nearly comprehensive functionality.

Our property management company, Royal Rose Properties, literally could not function without it.

Pros

Their "custom fields" option allows you to record just about whatever information you want or need onto every (unit/building/portfolio/contact/work order/lease/vendor/etc./etc.). On top of that, the system is robust enough to then allow you to create reports that provide, filter by, sort by, and otherwise use that custom data, which means it's useful for tracking just about everything. Which is HUGE for a big, complex mess like property management. Also, while their support system is occasionally (not always or even often!) slow, they do always follow through, and they're tenacious about getting to the bottom of problems. Also, they do actually pay attention to and actually (occasionally) implement new-feature requests, which is really rare in my experience and alone makes them awesome.

Cons

It looks like it's from 1990...and it *acts* like it's from 1990. Which is to say there are lots of small, annoying inconsistencies in the way things are treated that add up to a significant headache without ever actually making you feel like any one thing is enough to make you switch services. For example, you can right-click on a link to any property, lease, or contact and open it in a new tab -- but you can't do that for Work Orders; for whatever reason, they're called through Javascript instead of through a URL, *despite HAVING a unique URL* that you can easily link to. So why is that one thing alone unable to be right-click opened? For another example, you can set a pop-up message to show up whenever you view a property/contact/etc, and that works just fine IF you get to that page by clicking a link to the page. But if you've already been to that page and you use the Back button to get to it, the software deposits you at whatever point in the page you were at when you left...and the pop-up is still way back up at the top of the page, so you have to scroll all the way up to close it, then scroll all the way back down to where you actually want to read (because it greys out the whole page when the pop-up pops up.)

Teresa from Clark Properties of Raleigh, LLC

Propertyware Review

Propertyware does make our day to day processes go smoothly, it makes it easier on our tenants and owners on paying rents and collecting monthly income through the tenant and owner portals.

Pros

Propertyware is a software with vast capabilities. We have used the majority of these options in our business. We are pleased in general with the software and continue to learn more about the software on a daily basis. We would recommend Propertyware to other real estate property management companies.

Cons

The support team is very helpful, but we have had a few issues that were not resolved in a timely manner. We have had issues with the maintenance application that was updated in February 2019 and we received notification from the support team on May 24, 2019 that the issue had finally been resolved. This issue caused us a lot of frustration and extra work when we feel that the update on the app should not have been done until it had been completely tested and debugged properly. We encourage Propertyware to notify its clients as frequently as possible on upcoming changes and to take into consideration all of their clients before making drastic changes to the software. In the past, we had issues with the check scanner not being compatible with our firm's policy of the collection of funds and move-in procedures. This caused issues for about a month and half before we had to stop using the check scanner through Propertyware.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hello, Teresa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will share your feedback on maintenance with our product team. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Meghan from 1337 Rentals

You won't regret it.

Love it. It has smoothed out our processes and has helped us to integrate time saving technology solutions which we would not have had otherwise. Tenant portals, communication trails, time logs on maintenance requests.

Pros

Customer Service. Constant Improvements. Meets me where I am in support of my business functions. It was the first company to offer certain items that I needed to have the software work for my business. Ease of attaching documentation to the customer accounts.

Cons

Trying to create custom reports and customizing the dashboards. It does not promote commercial units online. Financial side of software was not an ideal solution. We reverted to Quickbooks which we have used for 20 years. Needs a better mobile solution (which they are working on as of 1/1/20)

Reasons for Choosing Propertyware

It offered solutions that allowed flexibility that other companies didn't prioritize to bring to market, such as allowing different time periods for rentals, such as weekly or quarterly and allowed us to bill on the first, 15th or any other day of the month. I waited several years for these options to come to market. Propertyware was the first to offer it.

Terry from Heilman Properties LLC

Document every promise and they will break them and charge you

The people were nice and courteous but did not resolve my issues and just stopped communicating instead of resolving the issue. I might have kept the product had they not ripped me off on the add on services.

Pros

Online payments, I had a great experience with the help center they helped me with several issues until they were resolved, too bad the rest of the company didn't work this way.

Cons

Having my sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] lie to me and then stop responding. Didn't provide the service as described and charged me anyway. Implementation drug on from 11/15 to 1/30 and turned on live without any testing. The marketing is useless without paying Zillow. The phone app crashed constantly when trying to search. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my sales rep, put in writing that I could cancel a $100/mo add on for doc u sign and maintenance but did not honor it. Extended my contract with the change that could supposedly be deleted. The call center was supposed to do pre-screening and answer the phone for $452.25/mo. Instead they took all forwarded emails and entered them into my leads without talking to the people and sent them back as another lead. When I attempted to work things out to get it working I got stonewalled and the monthly payment continued. Multiple people called when I asked to cancel and said they would take care of the issue and then they stopped responding.

Reasons for Choosing Propertyware

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my sales rep, told me what I wanted to hear.

Naz from Desert Springs Realty

ACH EPay Trigger 5th Day (False Info)

Solution: PW needs to place in their tool a trigger that if Bank does NOT reply within the 5th business day with Funds Transmitted, then Transaction is DECLINED. Currently there is no such trigger. PM BEWARE !!

Pros

This product has the basic typical platform that most PM Tools provide. Input information into a database is alright.

Cons

To All BeWare !! Problem: Out PM Company was seeing that when a Tenant pays rent via the Tenant Portal ACH Payment (EPay Status: Pending, PW Cycle: Approved, Processed, Originated) the Epay Status would go from Settled one day to Returned the next. Heven forbid the PM Company paid their Owners based upon this FALSE information (EPay Status: Settled, PW Cycle: Pending, No Reply from Bank). Property Ware (PW) Process is Tenant submits a payment via Tenant Portal EPay (PM sees in PW Tool: Pending). PW goes through many cycles (PW Cycles: Approved, Processed, Originated, but still the PM sees in PW Tool: Pending). PW states that it can take up to 3 to 5 business days to process the payment (FALSE Info). Within 3-5 business days if PW does not hear back from Bank that Tenant funds are approved, then PW on its own will change the status to Settled (PM see in PW Tool: Settled, PW Cycle: Settled (False Info)). You as the PM Company pay your Owners based upon this PW Status: Settled (False Info). Solution: PW needs to place in their tool a trigger that if Bank does NOT reply within the 5th business day with Funds Transmitted, then Transaction is DECLINED. Currently, there is no such trigger. PM BEWARE !! It would be nice to have a PW Tool that was looking out for the USERs best interest (PM User) vs the Tenant's best interest (False Info).

Charla from Tower Realty

Is Propertyware a fit for everyone?

This is my first time using propertyware, and I was not an employee with the company when the decision was made to utilize the software. To my understanding it went something like this: "Oh this one looks good, lets get it" I think Propertyware is very well organized program when used properly, and utilized to its full potential. I also think its a fantastic program for multi family properties, where all units are located at one address. But as our company does all off site management, pre leasing, student housing, HOA's, and residential homes; the software is not quite designed for that. Therefore, I am left to manipulate it to the best of my ability. There are also specific requests from my employers that need to be met, and can be, but with way too many individual edits to be made. It becomes more time consuming than what the job at hand should take. I cannot give much of a review from when the company first began using the software, because I was not with the company at that time, but was told that the transfer of information from Quickbooks to Propertyware was a breeze. This alone can be a game changer if your property consists of 300+ units. All in all, I think Propertyware is a great software, but I do strongly believe there needs to be more training available to potential clients, so they can have a better understanding of how the entire system works. Each tab is a piece of the pie, but explaining that to tenants and owners can be a bit tricky at times.

Pros

The tenant/owner online accessibility is great!! They can view their ledgers and access their accounts at anytime. I also like how mistakes can be corrected, maybe not always easily, but that is solely based on my experience and how the software was presented to me as I joined the company. I enjoy how easily you can search for a lease or owner in the global search bar, and how in the left hand column it lists the recent places you were for easier access. Move ins and Move outs are seamless, granted the correct information is input into the software. The amount of reports that can be ran is endless, and feel as though I could have this software for years and still never have ran each report with all its options/filters. The management tab is designed (ideally) to create owner draws all at once, and for a multifamily property this is fantastic. With each tab, when creating something new, there are important details included. When used properly, it can make your reports a dream!!

Cons

Tenant/Owner ledgers are not very user friendly (in my experience) They reflect very much of an accountants bookkeeping, and not all tenants/owners are "CPAs" so at times it can become difficult to explain debits/credits or income/expenses. On only a few occasions have I had to call customer service and they did not have an answer for me, or a resolution. In their defense, these requests were quite specific and not something that was frequently asked. Sometimes the amount of options for reports can be a bit overkill. Owner draws were started with custom date ranges, and generated individually, which in turn makes it a bit more time consuming for me to create them. In addition, because of the custom date ranges, the owner statements are very time sensitive and if a mistake is made and not corrected with the same dates, it creates confusion for the owners when they review their statements at the end of the year.

November 2014

Mark from Class Act

November 2014

Propertyware is a good, but it's an expensive and flawed option.

Pros

We are a property management company with 150 doors and have been using Propertyware for over three years. Propertyware will do an excellent job of property management, but there are numerous problems. And it is very expensive.

Cons

They have a lot of great ideas, but they only implement them to about 90%. We are so angry and frustrated with the problems in PW that we have made the difficult and costly decision to cancel service and move to another software platform. Propertyware does have many positives, but you can research those for yourself on their website or in other reviews. You need to know its shortcomings before making a decision: 1. PW is fond of saying something new is coming. Be prepared to wait. We have been waiting three years for them to release an Android app. The iPhone app has been out that long, and is already in version 2. Their tech keeps saying the Android app is coming, but it's still not here. 2. PW launched apps for both Android and iPhone for mobile inspections. I was even a part of the beta development. The beta was a whirlwind of development over two weeks. I was amazed at how quickly the tech department was writing code and updating the software to fix problems and make it better. PW launched the apps immediately after the two-week beta, and then, no more updates! The apps are flawed to the point that they are unstable and unusable in the field. Six months later, PW has done nothing. 3. Mobile from a tenant’s perspective. PW is not compatible with web browsers on mobile phones. More and more applicants want to apply online using their smartphones. Some people have a smartphone but no computer. PW will not accept a payment for an application or for paying rent on a mobile phone. We have complained to tech support, but they have not done anything to address the problem. 4. If you pay extra, PW can host your website. This is necessary to integrate rental listings, ePayments, portals, and online applications. In theory, this would be a good thing. However, the provided templates are awful. I regularly have to explain to people how to find the online application. I have asked PW to redesign the Apply Online tab to make it more visible. No luck in three years of asking. And PW really needs to hire a graphic designer. Not just for the web templates, but also for the graphic interface of the software and the automatically generated print brochures. 5. PW is confusing and poorly laid out overall. The main tabs should be better organized for one thing. There are four tabs for accounting across the top: Money In, Money Out, Banking, and Management. Under each tab are additional functions. You might think that is good, but it's confusing. It takes a significant amount of time to learn where to go to find the information or function that you need for any accounting work. 6. Generally speaking, PW has too many layers. It can take five or six clicks to drill down to the layer that has the information you need. Not only does this slow productivity, but it can be frustrating when you are on the phone with a tenant or owner. You have to pay careful attention to which layer you are on, especially before uploading a file. Place the file in the wrong screen, and it will be difficult to find later. Notes and Documents can be posted at every level. That means you have to open multiple levels to make sure you find the documents you need. 7. The search box is supposed to be universal, meaning that you can search for any information within PW very quickly. Just not vendors. If you need to find vendor information, don’t go to search, and don’t go to Contacts. That would be too easy. You have to go to Money Out, and scroll down the long list of vendors. 8. PW had a brilliant idea for training. They decided to create modules and track how far an individual completed each module. They even have tests at the end of each module to make sure the person understood what they learned. This is great for employers tracking employee training progress. The training is on a basic level in PowerPoint format. I'm not against PowerPoint, but the problem is that PW originally had an amazing and deep selection of videos and recorded webinars that explained PW’s functions clearly and extensively. They even had them grouped into categories. It was awesome! But when they launched the PowerPoint training, they removed the videos. We requested links to the videos, and even asked if the videos were on youtube. PW refused to give us any access to the videos. 9. There are no digital signatures, not even on the applications. So when getting referrals from other landlords who require a signature from the applicant, we must use Docusign as an extra step. The development team at PW is finally beginning to talk about implementing digital signature. However, they have made it clear that you will have to pay extra for that option. 10. Be prepared to pay extra for everything. It costs extra for more than 1 GB of storage for rental agreements and other documentation, inspections, or the upcoming eSignatures. 11. PW has an alert page, which we use regularly like a to-do list. Once again, it's great idea that is poorly executed. The alerts come in randomly instead of by date. We have to look very carefully to make sure we do not miss an important alert because it could have been buried in the long list. We would like to see the option to group the alerts by type or even importance into folders. Right now, it is a hodgepodge of chaos with only tiny symbols to show what type each alert is. And we would like the ability to select multiple alerts to delete at one time, instead of having to delete each one individually. 12. Move out procedure. The move out procedure could be better. It would be nice to have a move out checklist similar to other systems. Also, PW does not allow you to enter a forwarding address without doing the final accounting. We don’t want to refund a deposit until all the expenses and repair bills have come in, yet we can’t enter the forwarding address until the deposit is refunded.

Managing rental properties

Propertyware has worked well overall and the price is right

Pros

It is very easy to use once you get past the initial setup

Cons

I have experienced several incidents where the data became corrupted. It was difficult to explain the issues to support and it took them a bit long to resolve

Mary from HomeRiver Group

Propertyware Product Review

My experience has been positive with Propertyware. As a large client, it is extremely helpful to have a Platinum Support Agent connected to our account that has a relationship with our users. The support team has been extremely responsive in working with our teams and discussions about enhancements to be competitive with our products. Being included on BETA teams and development discussion is an extremely positive experience because they are learning about the industry and taking that knowledge for the product enhancements needed.

Pros

The software is built to grow with your company. With the flexibility of the system's customization, including the reporting, custom views, and custom fields, your company can record, track, and analyze business short term and long term business trends.

Cons

The system experiences glitches at times and can slow down based on usage.

Reasons for Choosing Propertyware

The customization of Propertyware.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi, Mary - Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! As always, your feedback is appreciated. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Miranda from Irwin Realty Group

Propertyware Review

I enjoy using the Propertyware system. I find it easy to use.

Pros

Propertyware system is easy to use. Being web based, access anywhere

Cons

At first the training was difficult, we found little help in calling customer service. We had a new account Representative reach out to us, she was able to guide us to all the new training Propertyware has to offer. We are now on a better road to fully using all the tools. I know the system was build for the smaller multifamily property and has all the custom features, but this requires us to manually enter all of the information. I wish we had a training like before, come in and set up the system for us when we first started. After 7 years of using the system we are just now setting up all the Marketing settings, we have not even started using the widgets yet. To break it down, 7 years ago we didn't have the training needed to transfer to this system, now I feel we are getting the help we need.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi Miranda - Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really appreciate your feedback. A lot has changed over the last 7 years and our implementation specialists are continuing to standardize processes with the help of customers like you. You can take advantage of the free instructor-led classes and open mic sessions offered by Propertyware University that you can schedule at your leisure by logging into Propertyware then selecting the training link, and choosing Instructor-Led classes from the top left menu. Cheers, Casi

Kathy from Real Estate BCS

Growing with Propertyware

Propertyware has changed a lot over the years, and I like the personal relationships that I have been able to build with the Propertyware team members. Participating in training, RealWorld, and the RoadShow has been helpful to me learning the system and feeling like I am being heard when I have concerns or ideas.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to add custom fields, which I have learned can be invaluable to housing information and pulling into reports. I came from the multifamily industry where Onesite has detailed reporting. Propertyware follows the same professional reporting formats, which my mom and pop owners as well as seasoned investors can follow and appreciate.

Cons

I would like to see improvement to the client text messaging feature and client communication features. I would like to see the conversation housed within the client's personal page, and not a community page. For example, if I am talking to John Smith who leases a house, then I would like to see the text messages and email conversation history within his lease tab. Same with an owner. The way that messages are currently handled is cluttered and difficult to find historicals. Email history is lost.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi, Kathy - Thanks for the positive review and we love hearing from you. You'll be glad to know that we do plan to further enhance text messaging in the future as the new design expands to other modules. We look forward to discussing the next phase in the near future. Cheers, Casi

Cathy from Gau Property Management

Not terribly satisfied.

This software was chosen because they claimed to be the closest to the software I previously used: Tenant Pro. They claimed to be able to migrate a lot of my data for me. They did, but much of it was improperly done and I had to re-do most of it anyway, so the data migration was of little help. It took me nearly 3 months to be up and operational, all the while paying my monthly fees without being able to use it "live". They do have a very good support staff. Unfortunately I have to use them a lot. The program is not intuitive. It does not do many of the automatic functions that Tenant Pro did for me. I cannot get the same basic reports that I used to get from Tenant Pro. It has many bells and whistles that I don't care to use and has many issues that have no solutions so I have to find ways around them. After one year I am learning to use it, but it is a very costly software to do most of the same things I did with Tenant Pro - but not all that I used to do. Not terribly satisfied with this program.

Pros

Extremely helpful, readily available support staff. Moderately priced on line software.

Cons

Have to use the support staff frequently - program not very intuitive. Hard to make changes -if at all - to check splits or entries once check is printed. Little customization can be done to checks for printing. Check number extremely small and this cannot be changed Cannot have vendor account number put on checks. Cannot get an Income Statement with both Year to date and Month to date on same statement. Tenant ledger statements not very helpful - not much information shows on the statement Terminated tenants show up on Accounts Receivable list if they had any balance when they moved out. No way to remove them.

Pam from Real Estate

User Friendly Software

It has made us more organized and has made it easier to track our rental income and expenses. Overall, we have had a great experience

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive and doesn't need a lot of training to get started. I like that the reports are very customizable.

Cons

The look of the pages seem antiquated. I heard that a new cleaner look was coming, so I am excited to see it. I wish the reports would refresh automatically as I sometimes forget to look to see if the report is up to date.

Response from Propertyware

Replied June 2019

Hi, Pam - Thanks for taking the time to provide us a great review. We appreciate you and yes, we have already begun introducing our new design. You can see the great changes in the look, feel and mobile responsiveness on the New View Dashboard, Integrated Text Messaging, and the Owner Portal. The Tenant Portal and the first phase of the Banking module, Money In, are launching later this month. We will continue to work in modules until the transformation is complete. We designed it this way to keep your training and business disruption to a minimum. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing RealPage

Jackie from Professional Property Services

Propertyware for residential management

Overall, this program has a lot to offer. I have learned that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating between the leases, portfolios, contacts etc. Also, the ability to attach documents to leases, property, portfolio, contact and vendor pages makes accessing bills, notes and documents quick and easy. Has eliminated searching through paper files for bills and documents which is a real time saver. The tenant portal makes online payments convenient for our tenants and staff. The owner portal keeps the owners informed of maintenance and expenses in real time.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. Learning the system is relatively easy using the online instructional videos and the help/support tab.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hello, Jackie- Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Would you be willing to do a video testimonial for us also? I look forward to speaking with you soon. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Real Page seems Outdated

RealPage was decent for property management, it was just not as user friendly as I would have liked. It seems like it took more steps then needed to accomplish many of the tasks. It needs to be updated to be more use friendly.

Pros

This does most of what you need to property management and works well with affordable properties. It has a good selection of reports and is fairly easy to use. It does a good job of tracking prospects and creating tasks to manage your staff

Cons

Real Page seem a little clunky and not as easy to use if you manage multiple properties from the same office. It felt like we were always jumping in and out of properties and we could not easily move between the properties. Also the accounting portion was not well integrated with the rest of the system

Response from RealPage

Replied November 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for Propertyware. You'll be happy to know we've already begun introducing a unified design to our product to create consistency with other RealPage products, modernize the look and feel and make it mobile responsive for all users. In addition to design, core sections of our accounting workflow are also being improved in early 2019 as well so stay tuned!

March 2010

Alex from Indical Management, LLC

March 2010

Great product with NO customer support

Lukewarm. If they only had customer support, I would say absolutely yes. But be warned they don't value their clients, it least not the ones with 200 units, maybe if you have a couple of thousand?? But, that would be a risk.

Pros

Cons

Customer Support. The above problem is not the worst part. That would be the ePayments!!! For the love of God do not subscribe, as we did, for three nightmarish months. We scrambled trying to fix all of the errors it created, Our work increased ten fold, and we found out that tech support was even worse when it came to ePayments. We've long since canceled the ePayments, but still find problems to fix. It's a nightmare and Propertyware has charged us and admitted the ePayments aren't working. Their customer support is crap, but what they did with the ePayments, makes me regret the day I started using Propertyware. I probably will find someone else to use in the near future. We currently have 200 units with them, so I'm not looking forward to the hassle of transferring. If they only had customer support I would be fine with all the problems.

Response from RealPage

Replied September 2010

Propertyware has recently merged with RealPage and we have increased our ability to respond to Customer services issues. Not only is there a dedicated phone number to reach support, but also you can submit a support ticket online requesting help. Our E-Payments solution has vastly improved since we have enhanced the system powered by RealPage Payments. About Propertyware Located in San Francisco, California, Propertyware pioneered property management solutions for single-family and low density rental units through a full suite of on-demand property management tools that are self-provisioning. More than 2,000 companies in seven countries utilize Propertyware. About RealPage Located in Carrollton, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, RealPage provides Software-as-a-Service products and services to more than 30,000 apartment communities across the United States.

Nina from Business Broker World

I was a bookkeeper and the team lead for dealing with issues on Propertyware.

Pros

The integration into rent, and ledger system. It was easy to pay vendors in bulk and they have an Owner payment system that most companies don't have.

Cons

The timetable to fix community wide issues was Very POOR!!! They would have us submit requests on a Community Board and wait for votes, supposedly the ideas with most votes would be worked on. Trouble is there were SEVERAL complaints about the same issues with 1000's of votes that sat on the system for 2 years!!! Still new people would call, complain and write ideas to no avail. It seemed the tech team or development leaders would choose the easiest tasks to fix and leave the real issues alone. They'd agree to work on a simple font or logo design but ignore the bigger issue of reports or accounting. This was a constant issue and aggravating. I had to run several reports into an Excel and merge them to get the information needed.

Carolina from Huawei Technologies

Property management, marketing and accounting.

I've definitely gotten a scalable solution that helps property managers to maintain the properties with automated and optimized flows work.

Pros

I like social collaboration between property managers, landlords and tenants. Digital marketing functionality is very full of digital marketing. The training process is and implementation can be done in a very short time.

Cons

The downside is that it is not aimed at commercial or large properties. The software can not be installed on computers either, it can only be done through the cloud.

Response from RealPage

Replied March 2018

Hello, Carolina. Thank you for posting your Propertyware review. We do have plans to expand our solution for commercial property management use in the future. Would you be willing to share more information with us about your requirements? I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for being a Propertyware user! Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins Director, Product Marketing

Angela from Deck

Huge learning curve

I've been using the software for at least a year and keep thinking I'll get used to it. I'm coming from other property management software so I'm familiar with the property management software features. It's almost like using an old Microsoft computer before windows. I would prefer a few buttons nice and easy and keep the data sheets in the background for the geeks.

Pros

This software seems to be very robust. Certainly it can do just about anything. It allows you to manage just about anything that rents on a monthly basis. Storage units, shampoo stations, or HOA, you can manage it with this software. I love that the tenants have their own portals and maintenance requests are easy.

Cons

It's NOT user friendly. Every step takes three or four clicks of buttons. The words used are not intuitive either. Need to find a vendor? Go to Money out. Need to send leases? Go to Mail Merge. Moving in a tenant takes manual entry of a number of things including the rent amounts and move in dates. Leases don't auto populate with the number of signers. Each time the number of signers changes it requires a manual change of the each field: date, signature field, and the name fields.

Jim from Property Management Inc.

Propertyware is the heart of our office operations

I have used and supported Propertyware in our franchise offices for over 5 years and have seen great progress in the features and services provided. They have adapted the core code to fit our specific needs.

Pros

I provide ongoing support to our franchisees. Propertyware was customized to how we do business and is designed to help our offices automate their processes. There is a very good customer support department but for our company specific questions, they call me. If I can't help them, I have a dedicated support technician I can contact.

Cons

Response from Propertyware

Replied April 2019

Hi Jim - I was just scanning our reviews and didn't see where anyone responded to you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your positive comments.

Cody from Community Builders

This is a great software if you are just looking for the basics and a low price.

Pros

I like that you can merge forms with leaseholders in the database. Obviously this function makes it a lot easier to send notices to residents who are late on their rent.

Cons

Response from RealPage

Replied March 2018

Hello, Cody. Thank you for your review! We appreciate your response and hope you and your staff are taking advantage of the advanced functions Propertyware has to offer. You can access our expert courses by selecting the "Training" link on the top right of the navigation bar after you login to the system. Our software is so customizable, you may be surprised at the additional options available to help you achieve your business goals. Cheers, Casi Rollins Director of Product Marketing - Propertyware

Julie

Nightmare of a company

Pros

The ability to create our own fields which are available in reporting and views is great. Online bill pay for tenants and ability for tenants to submit their service requests on line is great. Bulk lease renewals are great, along with modifiable mail merge templates.

Cons

Everything else! The customer service is horrible. Submit a ticket, and maybe if you are lucky they will contact you weeks later. But then they will tell you that what you are asking for is an enhancement and you should submit it in their knowledge base. Generally...they consider everything an enhancement, even standard things that really ought to take a week at most to implement and test. Tiny adjustments could make huge difference for usability, but it seems like any ideas submitted to the knowledge base go into a black hole...never to be seen again. Even true bugs take over 3 months to fix...I think I am still waiting on one..it's now been 5 months. My background is technical...database development/programmer for 18 years, so maybe my frustration with this company is more than others who are standard users. Regardless, their first line of support is a joke...telling you to reboot your machine etc. I have to go through a number of people to get someone that actually understands what I am saying...and even then...months later, my suggestions never come to fruition. The basics of this software for daily things like keeping track of units, leases, work orders is good. But if you want software where there is a functioning mobile App, or Texting, forget it. They are so far behind the times. Their calendar is a joke...and the sync with Google even more of a joke. Their tasks in the software aren't connected with the calendar, nor with the Work Orders. It's like all the supposed amazing functionality to manage all aspects of your business each live in their own little tunnel. Fabulous...as if tunnel vision of an employee isn't bad enough...now our software works the same way...talk about repeated data entry! Waste of time. I have had 8 account managers in just over 2 years. None seem to care about us as a customer. We upgraded to their new payment structure and have been waiting 7 months (not exaggerating) for this process to complete. They keep asking us for documentation that was already given. They tried to give us a new account rep for this midway....via canned emails welcoming us to our new product. I am so tired of this company that if not for their ability to create our own fields (hence our own workflow)...I would have walked away long ago. My concern of going somewhere else is that will it be any better? And if we cannot create our own fields...how constrained we will be by true canned software. I cannot in good conscience recommend this software. I truly wonder whether Real Page has any intention of keeping Propertyware...or whether they intend to sell it off and focus on their other product....which seems like it might be a better fit for multifamily. But, based on our experience with this company overall...I cannot imagine going through a data conversion only to stay in bed with this horrible excuse for a software as service company.

August 2016

Linnea from Robson Associates, LLC

1.5

August 2016

Didn't work out like planned...

Pros

The portals (owner & tenant - and being able to login to the portals as the owner/tenant to see what they see), ePayments (the flexibility to have recurring or one-time, the tenant can process them or you can process them in the office), rent and late fees post automatically, recurring payables (you can set them up as paid so you don't have to post payments each month), cloning invoices (never seen this feature before and it is a huge time-saver), scheduled reports (you can send as Excel or PDF), the custom fields (you can pretty much add them anywhere), attaching documents (you can upload docs to just about every page).

Cons

Many of the bells and whistles they sold us on don't work for us. We never used the online application (one of the items we were most excited about) because it did not have an electronic signature so the applicant had to fax that page in. They now offer eSignatures but want an additional $1/unit which would basically double our price. The app that comes with the system is very limited and the new maintenance app is another add-on for an additional $1/unit. Maintenance time can be entered on a work order but it is invoiced one entry at a time instead of creating consolidated invoices (so we don't use it). They say the system handles fiscal months that aren't calendar based but your reporting and budgeting options are limited (the budget and any month based reports only pull calendar month data which makes them useless to us). Any reports you customize have to be customized again in order to "update" the template when they make changes to it which is hugely time consuming (the report defaults to the original report settings). Changes they made to the system affected our mail merge templates resulting in broken links and formatting issues (I have had to re-do most templates twice because of this - again a huge time suck). System glitches or issues (like a problem I have right now with a tenant ledger being out of balance) take months to be resolved once you finally get it escalated to development... and they often close the ticket even when the problem is not resolved so you have to call and spend more time trying to convince them that it is not fixed. The prospect area is incredibly "chunky" and not very helpful. I've yet to find a traffic report so we are using excel. The journal entries leave a lot to be desired- no recurring, can't code to a unit, and you have to book them from either the tenant ledger, owner ledger or bank ledger instead of one centralized place.

Nathan from American West Realty & Management

Comprehensive software

I've been using Propertyware for almost three years. It is very robust and they are constantly adding new features like the mobile app, inspections, maintenance manager, and electronic signatures. It has a steep learning curve, particularly if you are new to property management software. However, they do their best to set you up for success with a trainer, online training videos, user manual, and a help forum. If you are still having trouble, you can submit a trouble ticket or call their support line and they will help you solve the problem.

Pros

Very comprehensive features. I like the ability to add customized fields without limitation, which helps me track things important to my company. The reports can also be customized and there are plenty to choose from. The ability to communicate with tenants, owners, and vendors directly through the software is nice. The mobile app is very helpful when away from the office.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't seem to stay up-to-date with data. I often look up a tenant and the software takes a few minutes to update. The tenant and owner ledgers are very, very detailed, which is more than most owners/tenants want. I wish there were a way to simplify the display to avoid confusion.

Jim from Pointe Vista Management, Inc.

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Great back office, terrible resident and onsite manager interface.

Such great potential, but terrible execution. They add modules that do not fully integrate with existing modules. Customer service is great with the accounting sections but don’t ask about Maintenance Plus.

Pros

Great back end accounting, Reports are “semi-customizable’, Dashboards are a nice feature, Ability to add custom fields.

Cons

The entire mobile app system is completely unusable. No capability to create a work order in the field on your phone or tablet via an app. Maintenece plus is a joke, it doesn’t fully integrate into Propertyware and customer service doesn’t understand it either therefore rendering it useless. To add insult to injury you still cannot create work order out in the field.

Mary Fran from Blue Crown Properties

Propertyware Review

Pros

While this is the only property management solution I have used over the last five years, I do like it. It's fairly user friendly and makes communication with tenants easy. Having information at my fingertips 24/7 is an important part of what we do.

Cons

I think the search functions could be updated to make searching for particular terms easier. Also, I feel the reports section is not intuitive and could be more user friendly. I'd like to see an integrated calendar.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi, Mary Fran - We missed you at the Roadshow this year! Thank you for taking the time to submit this positive review and we appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi

Good product

Great product to help the business

Pros

All the options there are and the ability to do various things

Cons

Freezes at times and you have to restart

Better services

Christine from HomeSmart Premier Property Management

Thank you Propertyware!

Shout out to the Propertyware team for great customer service this week! We needed a past inspection pulled out of the archives and the team jumped on it and got it to us within 24 hours! Saved us a lot of headaches! Thanks!

Pros

All of it's functionality.

Cons

The email tool could use some work. Simple features like email addresses auto-populating would be very helpful. This seems like some 'low-hanging fruit' that could be done but hasn't been. Even better would be a full email server/platform within the system (but no one on the market offers this). Online application process could be a little more robust.

Melanie from Chattanooga Property Management

So much wasted potential

This software has SO much potential to corner the market, but it is clearly not designed by anyone with practical experience in property management. If the designers would consult with real-world users to learn how life works in our industry, and implement accordingly, it could be so much more efficient and productive.

Pros

Integrated accounting; custom-field options; full-service software; built-in credit reporting and ACH functionality

Cons

So many features that not all of them are expertly designed to function logically or flow properly; tech support often is more clueless than we are; report customization is VERY limited (though there are a lot of standard reports available)

Tami from Cutler Real Estate

Helpful but costly

Propertyware is very helpful to be organized, but time consuming to start out.

Pros

Propertyware is really helpful in keeping notes and work orders organized for multiple rental properties. Some of the features are locked until you do a paid subscription, so you can't really know what you are getting until you pay, but overall it is very helpful. You can keep everything you need for your rentals in one place.

Cons

There is a lot of up front information to input for this to be useful. Every piece of information, invoice, work order, document, everything has to put in before this is really useful and effective.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hello, Tami - Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing, RealPage

June 2016

rebecca from provident property management

June 2016

Awful, awful, awful

I negatively recommend this product- meaning I tell people to use anything EXCEPT them. I hate them. We've used them for 5 years. The software is a joke. At this point, we are so entrenched, I am afraid to switch to a new system, which may be just as bad if not worse. I've been asking for 6 months to get credit card processing turned on. Guess what, still not on. The "sales rep" is supposed to be your point of contact, but they tell you to call support. support tells you to call subscriptions. Subscriptions has a voicemail box no one ever checks or returns calls from. I could indeed write a book, like another review said. The answer to every single support case I have ever submitted is "user error" or "we don't know" or "it's never actually worked the way you say it used to work, it has always worked this way" even though I know it used to do something different or I wouldn't have said anything in the first place! I just changed my prepayment account from pay out to escrow. It backdated! So now I have 5 years worth of owners who have wrong balances. And there is " nothing they can do".

Pros

nothing. Not a single thing.

Cons

tenant ledger- can't read, can't see what is paid and what isn't. Owner statements- literally NO ONE can figure them out. we had to create a "how to understand your owner statements" pdf to send to owners with their first statements. I've looked through all the options. The one we use is the most simple. Color scheme- the general color scheme of the entire website is awful. Can't read bills through the "unpaid" watermark that is darker than the actual bill writing.

Tu from Ready Mortgage

Best Product Ever!

Propertyware is an amazing software and I would not use anything else besides this.

Pros

It help us as a whole keep everything organized. It also makes it easy to find the information/data that we need. Additionally, this software makes and keeps payments organized as well.

Cons

There is not anything that I least like about the software but the accounting portion or option of the software is something that we have not yet tested out. Therefore, the accounting part is something that we have not used yet from this software.

Response from Propertyware

Replied June 2019

Hi, Tu - Thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a great review! Would you be willing to do a testimonial for us? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage

Scott from McCrea Property Group, LLC

Easy to use but need to improve commercial focus

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and simple to use. The different areas are easy to identify and give us the ability to use the security features to limit employees access to only the areas of need. We also really like the tenant portal.

Cons

We are a commercial real estate company and there are many features that could/should be added to make Propertyware more usable to our industry. It is very obvious the original focus of the software as been in the residential area. The reporting also needs more flexibility.

Benton from RentVest

Good software with a lot of good features. Lacks innovation and an open API

Pros

Revenue generating features Has everything we need to run our company Good report system Has abilty for tenants/owners to make payments Application screening built in Listing syndication built in Owner draws on a mass scale are pretty easy to do Portals for tenants and owners with communication module

Cons

no open or capable AP The customer portals are archaic in design and sometimes does not work on mobile phones Accounting practices are too complicated Wish it was more open to customization

Tiffany from Rosenbaum Realty Group

Review Property ware

It has been pretty good over all but I would like to have better customer service with people that actually know how to use the product.

Pros

It does not take to long to learn how to use.

Cons

The reports, Customer service reps do not know how to use the product. I know more then they do so they do not know how to fix problems.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi, Tiffany - Thanks for submitting a review. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a great Support experience. I've passed your feedback along to product and support leadership and hope we can address your concerns. Cheers, Casi

LaToya from Ray-Ville Enterprises LLC

Excellent replacement of QuickBooks for a Mgmt Company

Saving time and allowing me to make more money. Creates so much automation that I can now literally make money while I’m sleep as almost everything is handled.

Pros

I love how much time this saves me during the Accounting process and no longer having to manually create owner statements. It has been such a blessing as we’ve gotten more doors. It gives us the appearance of a much larger entity and it provides convenience for the tech savvy tenants and owners.

Cons

It is not a full blown accounting system. I can not reconcile the credit cards. As a result we still use QuickBooks but I haven’t quite figured out how to sync it to QuickBooks with no issues.

Response from Propertyware

Replied June 2019

Hi, LaToya - Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage

Mary from APFSDEMM, Inc.

Working efficiently

As it continue to progress the changes have been very helpful and easier to use

Pros

The call center, I do a couple of test calls through the month during the time that I've had the software and they have awesome customer service not only do they same me time but money as where I have more free time to work on another important things that need my attention.

Cons

$19 credit card fee for customers, I had to get another service for this alternative product

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hi, Mary- Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Can we quote you on your Call Center experience? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

September 2016

Shelly from RE/MAX Infinity

September 2016

Set Up Is A Nightmare-No Support

We are setting up one of our property managers. It has been a cluster of epic proportions. We can't get a straight answer to any of our questions on timelines for operations, escalations are a joke, and we feel like we are not very important to them. It seems like the departments don't communicate well with each other and I am beyond frustrated.

Pros

It offers a lot of options IF you can get it up and running

Cons

The initial set up process. If this was easier it would make this experience so much better

Very good software. Tons of features and options. Sometimes cumbersume, but full of great tools!

Pros

All of the features and customization options. We have used Propertyware for over 3 years. It has helped us streamline, analyze, and improve our operations.

Cons

It can be a very cumbersome tool at times. Propertyware can be used by someone with a few properties or a property management company with a thousand properties. Being a smaller company means we use it on a far smaller level than some may.

May 2015

Melissa from PRANDI Property Management, Inc.

May 2015

Software that can do so much

Pros

Everything is right at your finger tips. It's extremely powerful and love the live time instant response. We have set up lots of custom dashboards so we don't have to remember everything. We get reports sent to us automatically too. They are always adding new product.

Cons

Not really anything that I don't like. I would like the product to help with getting comparables easier from our own inventory. Also would like a way to set up showings within our listings for available rentals. I would like photos to be bigger too.

Richard from Mango Properties

Great tool for rental property owners!

Primarily income/expense and tax reporting.

Pros

Comprehensive data model and robust reporting capability.

Cons

There is a bit of complexity because of the robust nature of the product, makes some things harder to do than expected.

Response from Propertyware

Replied June 2019

Hi, Richard - Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. Would you be willing to do a testimonial for us? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director, Product Marketing Realpage

Jasmine from Quasar Property Management & Real Estate

Wonderful and easy

Pros

Easy to use - and you can create custom fields to cater to your company's needs. Uploading images with ease.

Cons

I would like to add the standard markup for vendors to the portfolio verses the vendor themselves. Since management agreements may vary in percentage I would like to customize this field. Right now the only markup area is located in the vendor field.

Maria from Horizon Properties, Inc.

It's okay

I need something easy that will work with QuickBooks and has a double entry type accounting program

Pros

It was the first program we used - it was great at first. They were supposed to help us incorporate QuickBooks into it but that never happened

Cons

That it is not a accounting type program - it goes off line at times that are inconvenient to us because we are in Australia time zone

Amanda from EASY STREET PROPERTY INVESTMENTS

It's an ok way to manage rentals

I prefer appfolio but one of our property managers uses this so we will have to continue.

Pros

I like that it has everything for rentals in one place and helps keep you updated where each rental stands.

Cons

I don't love the formatting or that you can't reply to a notification by email and have it automatically upload in the portal.

Karen from First Texas Property Management

Why Propertyware?

I love that the website and software are linked together. It's great for tenants to pay rent and make maintenance requests through the portal as well as owners ability to view reports and make contributions on line.

Pros

Web based so it can be accessed anywhere. Propertyware listens to it's subscribers and definitely seeks to find ways to improve, enhance it's product as well as keeping current with customer wants and needs. The support staff is prompt, happy to help and quick to resolve issues.

Cons

The software is capable of doing so much it's a bit difficult to figure out where to look or even find out the capabilities. Training is in bits and pieces and rather than a start to finish path.

Response from Propertyware

Replied June 2019

Hi, Karen - Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I hope to see you at RealWorld! Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage

Glenda from real properties, llc

Propertware review

Pros

The Propertyware functionality is somewhat use friendly.

Cons

Lack of training. Slow response to request for help sent to support department.

Response from Propertyware

Replied May 2019

Hello, Glenda - Thank you for taking the tine to submit a review. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Heather from Fred W Ahlemeier Co.

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

The transition was seem less.

Really like this software. Customer service is great! Can answer any questions!

Pros

We were able to up load our info from the old software that we used. They were able to grab all of our tenants and vendors. Made it so easy!

Cons

Sometimes figuring out how to customize your reports can be a Little difficult. Some of the reports look very similar.

Response from Propertyware

Replied April 2019

Hi, Heather - I was just scanning reviews and didn't see where you received a response. Thanks so much for taking the time to write in.

Dan from PGM Real Estate

Not the best but still gets the job done.

Pros

Makes marketing vacant units easy and syndicates to many other sites. Propertyware app is a nice touch for property managers on the go.

Cons

Cannot enhance or flip photos for marketing within the software. The software can also be uncooperative when working on a mac computer.