All Rent Manager Reviews

Jordan

Real Estate, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Rent Manager Review: Make Your Life Simpler With Rent Manager.

Angie

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Customizable & Reliable

We've been able to centralize our data and get so much more information than we could with other software. The support is amazing and you can learn at your own pace with Rent Manager University. We love it!

PROS

I love that I can write my own reports, customize most everything in the system with User Defined Fields, change settings to work for our business, integrate with other software.

CONS

It can be overwhelming when first onboarding as there are so many settings and options so you need to make sure you understand the settings before implementation.

Reason for choosing Rent Manager

The LCS organization is so different from others - they're easily accessible and take the time to learn your business without pressuring you into anything that isn't a good fit.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

We could not integrate other software which was imperative to our business

Replied October 2023

Reviewed October 2023

There's a lot there for the money!

We are learning more and more about the features as we attempt to attend Tech Tuesdays and Thursday trainings.

PROS

Once you understand the creation of tenants, the creation of units, prices, etc. - it becomes very easy to manage rental transactions.

CONS

The program is not always as intuitive as I would like. But, support is VERY helpful in resolving issues.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

My former accountant left the company. I asked how a local mobile home park managed the park and they were using Rent Manager.

Replied October 2023

Bonnie

Reviewed May 2024

Rent Manager going 11 years strong!

Rent manager is amazing from their sales department, to account migration, to implantation, to ongoing support!

PROS

I have been using Rent Manager for over a decade! It has everything I Need in regards to Residential and Commercial Property Management software. I have seen the platforms of other competitors but Rent Manager is still the front runner.

CONS

I am excited for Express to have more things that the regular RM 12 has. Modern and effortless function is what I love

Reason for choosing Rent Manager

Rent Manager Just does it all, so why change!

Lisa

Reviewed June 2023

Rent Manager is a solid product

Satisfied!

PROS

We run properties as separate companies and I like the fact that many companies (owners) can be integrated into one 'location' within Rent Manager.

CONS

It is a very comprehensive program with lots of features, and I know that I have not utilized the full potential of the product. I cannot think of anything I am missing right now, but I also have any experience with other similar software products.

Thanks for your review Lisa! We highly recommend checking out Rent Manager University to learn more about the features available within the software. Your sales representative can also help go over the available features on your account specifically.

Greg

Reviewed February 2023

Management company Lie to

Very poor and regretting signing up very concerned of all the work and all the information that's entered in that there is no way to get it back out as soon as we stop paying we will never see it again.

PROS

We liked everything the sales rep told us as soon as we got the system set up we were only able to do half of what they promised. The phone system isn't proper. We had a problem with If implementation they just counted down until the hours were run out not trained properly. Didn't give an agenda of what we should know each week. Or give options on what we should work on.

CONS

Very poor training and overcharging they round up to the next 100. We lost over a 100 units that landlords did not wish to go to an online portal. And the company is still charging us for the last 7 months. Poor training waiting for everyone to get customer service. If you make a mistake they charge your additional fees To help get it fixed. Scripting for your forms take forever they do not have templates for each state. They do not tell you that each tenant needs their own email not just per unit in order for online systems to function. All of our tenants are month to month it does not work with the software for at least expiration dates everybody needs to be under term leases.

Reason for choosing Rent Manager

Had a friend landlord that was just starting to use the software also. They are running into the same issues. Training is very poor. Didn't even get everything set up in the system.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

Was sold on the idea of efficiency and did I have it to hire 3 extra people to still do the same job.

Hi there, we're sorry your experience with our software was less than 100%. Our management team would like to learn more about your experience with us so we can do better in the future. Please reach out to them via sales@rentmanager.com with a time that works best for you to discuss your account.

Replied February 2023

Reviewed March 2024

Smooth Onboarding

Using Rent Manager for the past few months has helped consolidate our financial tracking into one system. The functionality of it with the use of paylease has helped us track our revenue more efficiently. The tenant portal and service issue modules have also helped us have better communication with our tenants.

PROS

Our transition to Rent Manager was slow due to us taking much longer to submit information, but [sensitive content hidden] kept us engaged and followed-up with any questions we had. What I like about Rent Manager are the features are easy to use and customer service is very helpful.

CONS

There isn't much that rent manager lacks. Overall, it is a robust software that helps us manage our commercial rental properties. Rent Manager also provides many tutorials that make it easy to understand or relearn features.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

The switch was brought on by the delay of the capacity to process and receive funding on a timely basis from tenant deposits. It took us a little longer to setup Pay Lease on Rent Manager as there were requirements that we were not aware of in our onboarding at the time, but we got it up and running after a while.

Replied March 2024

Bobbie

Reviewed December 2023

Rent Manager review!

Great experience I really do like Rent Manager

PROS

The customer service and remote live access

CONS

I had never heard of Rent Manager before coming to Greenbrier and a short cut work sheet would of been nice.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

I switched my job to a new company, and this is what they were using.

Replied December 2023

Henry

Best of the Best

We are a Commercial Real Estate Property Management Company that has used this this product since 2007. During that time span we have recommended Rent Manager to other property management companies in our area. At present most all of them use Rent Manager.

PROS

Ease of use Easy to train new employees Customer service is best in this field

CONS

Really no complaints We do not use all the functions that the software is capable off but that is our fault. We are satisfied with our level of use.

A live video demonstration presented by John Hemelgarn

Replied May 2024

Carla

Reviewed April 2024

Love Rent Manager

Great support, great features and improving

PROS

How many features it has. How you can adapt it to register all the data you need. How you can keep track of anything you need. I love the UDFs.

CONS

I would love to have more control over fields and their functions

Thank you for your review! We would like to learn more regarding what you would like to do with user defined fields and functions. Please submit a feature request here with more information: https://www.rentmanager.com/submit-a-feature-request/

Replied May 2024

Zipporah

Reviewed May 2024

Rent Manager - a great platform for your business!

Excellence in product and support. I highly recommend this program.

PROS

It's ease of use and the amazing support, makes this one program that will help your business grow and help your employees work within it.

CONS

I wish I had time to learn about all the features which I know would be even more useful!

Thank you for your review! We highly recommend our Weekly Webinars on Thursday to help learn about the features within Rent Manager.

Romelis

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Very User Friendly

I love it! Has a couple tweaks I would recommend but overall a very good product.

PROS

I love that it's easy to navigate, running reports are very easy and customizable.

CONS

No, lease renewal reminders like RealPage.

Thanks for your review! We recommend checking out the expiring leases dashboard title in RM12, as well as some additional notification options within the program. Please reach out to our support team for assistance.

Rajat

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Rent Manager

PROS

The software is loaded with features that simplify the day-to-day that are run by a residential management team. It also has an online library that helps the user script letters by using the pre-existing templates.

CONS

It may seem complicated for a first-time user.

A great fit for us

With Rent Manager we have been able to take technological steps forward that were previously too complicated or clunky. As a result, we have transformed many of our operational systems for increased efficiency, accountability, and effectiveness. We are moving all our properties to the Rent Manager platform, so the transformation and improvement continues.

PROS

Pricing is user-based, so we have added properties and units at no additional cost. Support is great. Customization makes the software very flexible. Database provides powerful reporting tools to peel back reports and review informative details for decision making. Guidance through integration process was great.

CONS

No significantly negative experiences come to mind. There are limitations with any system, but Rent Manager has met or exceeded our expectations in all critical areas.

Reason for choosing Rent Manager

References; full functionality; transparent sales process; full accounting package; scalable at no added cost; available integrations for single -platform functionality; flexibility/customization allowed management of all our asset types, not just multifamily.

Max

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Property Management with Rent Manager

See "Pro" above!

PROS

As a beginner with accounting software and a non-accountant, I took over management of an 80 unit complex that I owned after firing four successive professional management companies. Rent Manager enabled me to return the property to profitability in the first year of my management. It was a great satisfaction to me. Thanks Rent Manager!

CONS

I used Rent Manager for six years as manager, and now as owner keeping an eye on a different property. I can't think of any feature that I don't like, would change, or add.

Reason for choosing Rent Manager

User friendliness and extensive features and capabilities.

Thank you for your review Max and congrats on turning a profit within the first year!

Replied December 2021

Naomi

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Rent Manager is not great

PROS

The ability to create very custom reports was pretty cool.

CONS

Our company switched to the software for 2 years and switched to something else because it was so awful in pretty much every way. This software had a lot of problems. It was unbelievably slow to load data. System went down a lot. Tech support not helpful.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

Business owner was dconvinced it was a better option, it was not and we switched back to Appfolio after a torturous year of using RM.

Hi Naomi, we're sorry your experience with our software was less than 100%. We would like to learn more about your experience with us so we can do better in the future. Please contact us at salesinfo@rentmanager.com with any additional feedback you might have.

Replied September 2022

Amy

Reviewed January 2024

Great Software

I have been in the business for 30 years and have implemented Rent Manager in each of my jobs.

PROS

The integration of all the components of managing a property all in one spot.

CONS

Cam recs are not as simple as they should be.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

Price and simplicity helped me to make the decision to switch.

Replied January 2024

Reviewed June 2023

Definitely consider Rent Manager!

Overall, Rent Manager has certainly enhanced our business and daily operations. We do not regret the decision.

PROS

Rent Manager allows for certain customizations which can make the difference for certain customers. Having flexibility can help with your unique processes or methods.

CONS

I think the rent ledger transactions can be enhanced. It seems like customer feature requests are not taken very seriously or are rarely implemented.

Reasons for switching to Rent Manager

Our previous software was very outdated and difficult to use. We could not continue with it any longer.

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your review. We actively review every feature request submitted and prioritize development on overall customer need, number of requests submitted, and more. If there is ever a feature vital to your business, please reach out to your sales representative as well.

Kasey