Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Accounting is good, makes month end statements a breeze and the reports give me easy access to information whenever I need."

• "We love the overall Family Team like our business is built! Accounting Guest and Housekeeping App Intergrations "

• "The amount of features available is awesome. I’m sure it’s efficient as well once you get started or IF you get started."

• "Really good software, very complete, useful, easy to learn, easy to handle, great system and the best is you can access any where you have internet. "

• Cons

• "Would like the ability to track more than one credit card in a folio. Need work on managing groups."

• "Do not have the function for guests to login and pay on their vacation. We have been promised this function for 2 years"

• "sometimes they update so fast they don't have time to let us know of the new products they are offering!"

• "Like any software--there is a learning curve. But the support staff provides great training and are very responsive."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 59 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Nathan from Finance

Evolving Industry Requires an Evolving Software

I have been using Streamline for the last 7 years so I have been able to really see the software evolve and improve over time. There is no better vacation rental software out there! When we made the switch to Streamline, within a few months we had to let 2 people go because Streamline took their jobs. The system is so robust and efficient when set up correctly that it can do allow you to grow without bringing on any new staff or it can force you to let people go because their job is now being done for them. From a business perspective, it doesn't get any better than that. Streamline is well worth the money.

Pros

Web base software that is always improving. Monthly updates to improve the current system and they release new features which keep them ahead of other softwares in this industry.

StreamTrust (Trust Accounting System) . If you take the time to set up the accounting correctly and the way you need it to be in your system (taxes and fees) This is a powerful accounting system that does everything that you need it to.

Their annual summit! They have a great conference each year that allows you to meet the faces behind the names, and ask questions that you may have. Oh and did I mention they are allows coming out with new features which you can learn and master at the conference.

Cons

I think the biggest struggle for every software company is the customer support. Sometimes it can take a while to get some issues fixed. I will say though that it has gotten better over the years.

Sue from Coastal Getaways of SC

Powerful software that make my job easier!

As a long time client of Streamline, we could not be more pleased with the system and the Streamline staff. The system is very powerful and has so many feature that enhance our vacation rental business. We handle 160 vacation homes, cottages, townhomes, and villas at a year round resort. We are able to manage a large volume of business with minimal staffing (3 employees) due to its efficiency. The customer support is responsive and very knowledgeable. It integrates beautifully to our website and with third party vendors. We would definitely recommend the Streamline to manage your vacation rentals.

Pros

Efficiently manages all aspects of the business both on the rental guest end to the back office reporting. Integrates well with third party vendors. Easy to manage inquiries, quotes, bookings, payments, and guest contact before, during and after their visit. On the back end, it is easy to set up documents, run reports, manage the accounting. Maintenance and housekeeping interface work well for our business. Streamline listens to its users' system enhancement suggestions and implements many of its users ideas.

Cons

Customer support went through growing pains as the company has grown, but is now very responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. Phones calls are answered quickly and work order tickets are address in appropriate time frames.

Jolene from Galena Reservations, Inc.

Don't waste your time or money on anything else! Streamline was the BEST decision I ever made!

Streamline was the BEST decision I ever made! It has saved me a ton of time and a lot of money because I can take care of everything I need to run a successful Property Management Company in one spot. From accounting to housekeeping to maintenance to third party distribution to paying owners & vendors to owner management to front desk to website creation and security...it's ALL there! The best part of Streamline is the Streamline TEAM! They are unique, driven, intelligent, innovative individuals who have their customers as their TOP priority. This software is not your "out of a box" software, it is forever changing with Property Management trends so I'll never feel that I'm outgrowing this software. I will be forever thankful that I found them! After 7 years, I'm even happier then the day I made the decision to go with them! THANK YOU STREAMLINE!!!

Pros

Customer Support is the best I've every seen.
It's for any size company...not just for the big guy.

Cons

There are no Cons to this system!

Suzanne from Paradise In Hawaii Luxury Homes LP

Amazing software built by great team - with exceptional customer service!

Pros

Streamline continues to develop and add great features to its platform. The team works collaboratively with their customers in the development of these new features. The support team is exceptionally responsive. The software has been instrumental in "streamlining" our operation, and supporting our growth path. There are even more features we are planning to implement when our operations is ready to absorb that will create even more efficiencies.

We use streamline on our mac's, iPads, iPhones, and android devices. The web access is makes working anywhere, anytime (or timezone) fast and easy.

The mobile apps for housekeeping and work orders are used by our team daily and are robust for any size business.

We are early adopters of many of the complex new features of Streamline.

The Streamline Summit is a great opportunity to gain industry knowledge, provide product feedback, and get refresher information.

Cons

Easier to use on a larger screen (iPad) than on a mobile (iPhone) due to screen size and amount of information being presented.

Larry from Resortia LLC

Streamline VRS

They are forward thinking and collaborative - and listen to our needs. Customer service has, in the past, been a bit spotty - partially due to their rapid growth. For the past 8-12 months, customer service has been excellent.

Pros

After extensive research of all of the software platforms in the vacation rental industry, we selected StreamlineVRS as it gave us the most flexibility to publish our websites the way we wanted, and for the integration with all of the OTAs and channel distributors. We have 15 active installations, representing more than 8,000 properties across North America - and you can tell that the Streamline system was developed by people who truly know the vacation rental business.

Cons

Due to the complexity of our onboarding (8,000 properties and 100,000+ photographs), the onboarding process didn't go smoothly and was delayed - but once we were up and running, things work very well.

Shandry from My Rental Advisor

StreamLine VRS

Very Good, I cannot find a better software at this time.

Pros

I like using this software to manage all my vacation rental company properties. It is somewhat intuitive and
somewhat easy to use. I like that they are working to have all the listing sites integrated as well.

Cons

That I can currently at the moment only integrate one listing site as the listing sites do not all manage fees and taxes the same so I cannot have one universal rate to make integration for all sites. I wish that the customer service department was a bit more helpful and useful.

Also a better way to train without having to go to a streamline conference that is a little too pricey

I sometimes have issues with syncing calendars when I have two home combined together using the parent logic. It sometimes does not block perfectly.

I wish I could have a way to customize more for my needs as a company

Michael from Jamaican Treasures

Amazing Depth of Functionality - Great Value

We've looked at numerous solutions in the market and this is the best. It does almost everything you can think of to some degree. The company is led by an amazing man who is passionate about the industry and his solution. You cant go past this solution for a small - medium sized property manager.

Pros

Strong Channel Integration, amazing Depth and Breadth of Functionality, Ease of Use, Good value for money, thriving customer base, software has very few bugs new features are regularly provided (but unannounced!). I am very impressed.

Cons

Support has deteriorated over the last 3 years. Product strategy is unknown to customers but it appear to be focused on Channel Integration / Distribution. It needs to have some balance. The system has some useful reports but in general it is quite difficult to get information out of the system to analyse/summarise for management or operational reporting.

Emily from Premier Property Services

Streamline keeps our Vacation Rental business organized!

Pros

Streamline has a LOT of functions and uses. We don't use all of them, but it seems like every couple of months we are finding something new to implement, and the organization of our business continues to improve. I love the maintenance/ inspection apps especially, as they are so user friendly. The customer service is always on top of responding to replies in a very timely manner, and I'm very pleased with what SL offers.

Cons

With great functionality comes great responsibility. Streamline offers a lot, but there are a lot of frequent glitches and things that only an account rep, from Streamline, can change. This means a lot of back and forth with customer service, which is fine because they are generally quick to respond, but it still creates an unnecessary burden and can be very frustrating at times. The interface isn't as user-friendly as it could be, as well. The house keeping and maintenance apps, though beneficial and easy to use, are crude in design.

Michelle from Midnight Cove II

Last Stop for Reservation Software

My experience with customer service has been exemplary with everyone that I speak with. 99% of the time my issue is resolved in the first phone call. If they can't figure it out, they will submit a ticket and escalate the problem. Response time is normally within 24 hours unless an emergency!

Pros

I love how intuitive the software is all the features that are available. This my 3rd reservation software system I have trained on and I think the last! The company is constantly evolving with the ever changing rental world and keeping us in the loop!

Cons

The reporting area could be improved. One of the things I wish would happen is that the title of the report and the date you ran it would show up. Most reports show up in Excel and must be modified/tailored to my specific needs - this is both good and bad.

Joanne from New England Vacation Rentals

Love this Software and Company!

Our company switched to the Streamline software 3 years ago. We selected them after an indepth review of at least 10 other vacation software companies. We chose them as we loved their innovative approach and their "can do" attitude. 3 years later --we still feel the same. We believe they have an end to end solution with the most responsive support team in the industry. The lead system has empowered us to be more aggressive and accountable with our guest reservations. Streamline continues to add new features--making it one of the most forward looking companies in the vacation rental industry. Joanne Logie-Managing Partner New England Vacation Rentals

Pros

Love the Lead System and the auto docs.

Rachael from Tamarack Resort

Constant Battle

Pros

We went with this software because our owners wanted to have their listings on sites such as Airbnb, Homeaway, VRBO, etc. The manual entry of maintaining the calendars and pricing on these sites was impossible with over 70 listings & hundreds of bookings a month. We also liked the idea of having the owner, housekeeping, & maintenance apps for ease of use. The system would probably be great for small business's getting started in the industry.

Cons

The con of the system is that it has taken us over a year to get our system built causing us to pay for two software's to run simultaneously. We still don't have a completely operating system.

Our account manager was changed several times, and the one we have isn't able to help with a lot of our issues so we have to wait for him to get answers from other staff members.

We've had several issues that take 2 weeks to months to get solved, and we constantly have to check back to see if they are being attended to.

Don't ever pay for a data transfer, because it will mess up your accounting for the year and Streamline is unable or unwilling to help you fix it.

Having built & operated multiple systems, I can say that the learning curve is steep and the amount functions the system can provide is extensive. However, you will not get access or training on everything you will need in order to customize the system to fit your needs.

We have to ask permission to change any tax, fee, or amenity. This effort takes 2 weeks to get completed.

24 Hour customer service means that you won't get through on the phone to a person with your issues during the hours of 9am to 3pm, and a lot of the time you will not receive a call back that day. The best time to get through to a person is on Saturdays and evenings.

If we weren't so heavily invested in this system we would of moved on to something else by now.

Spencer from Signature Vacation Rentals

The best vacation software I've used

Over the last 14 years I've used four other vacation rental programs, and all of them seemed to be designed by people that had no real idea what Vacation Rental Management entailed. I was an early adopter of Streamline, and I have to say that for the first time ever we finally had a software package with all the tools we needed. Streamline has a lot of powerful tools, that once mastered, can Streamline your daily tasks. After we switched to Streamline we grew our business from 1 office and 4 employees, to 3 offices, in two states, with 13 employees. Thank you Streamline for helping to make this possible with your excellent tools.

Pros

Integration with other sites, email triggers, flexible design allows each individual property to be customized with different settings.

Karen M from Rental Advisor

Vacation Rentals made easier

Streamline has been the best software and has continued to expand it's capabilities. The latest intergrations with major listing sites has created a lot less work for us.

Pros

To manage multiple vacation homes this software has many customizable features. Keeping track of reservations for multiple properties is easy.
Create reports for each home. Easy occupancy reports. Create documents to go out with each reservation.
Account manager assigned to you for any issues.

Cons

Slow to upload mulitiple photos in gallery. There is no quick way to move properties positions in the tape chart. It would be nice to group properties together quickly.

Jordan from Stay Alfred

I've use 5 platforms...and Streamline is the best out there.

Over the last 5 years, Stay Alfred has doubled every year, and we need software that can grow with us. Frustrated after 5 systems failed us, we turned to streamline. If your looking to grow your operation, choosing the right software is critical for success. Streamline made that decision easy. If you want to grow, and not have to hop around various software, make sure they have large clients. When your company gets more sofisticated, you will need in-depth accounting, maintenance, work orders, payments, distribution channel options, and support. I just attended the Streamline Summit. If you don't believe me, just attend. Carlos has built a company culture that cares and striver to be the best, not just take customers money and then turn away.

Pros

Accounting
Software speed
All inclusive
Constant innovation

Cons

UX UI could look more modern

On boarding can be complex because of the amount of flexibility it provides

APIs need more documentation

Lee from Accommodations in Telluride

If you are searching for a Vacation Reservation System, stop looking!

If you are searching for a Vacation Reservation System, stop looking! When you sign up for Streamline products, you are not just signing up for vacation rental software, you are joining a family of highly progressive, forward thinking team members AND a large group of innovative property managers. The Streamline team is responsive and takes care of our requests, at times incorporating them into a new software feature. Be prepared for a ride into your future and try to keep up! The results are well worth it!

Pros

When you purchase Streamline, you are purchasing a whole team of people. If you have any issues, you can find the answers. If they don't have an answer, they will work with you to design one! Very functional.

Nicolette from P.R.O.S. Corporate Housing LLC

Streamline is not just their name but the service they provide as well! No other software compares!

Pros

This software effectively streamlines and automates all of my business processes. The flow of task management is smooth, user-friendly, and intuitive. Everything from inquiries, quotes, reservations, accounting and customer service in one system from start to finish. Unlimited capabilities with customizable documents, triggers, and fields. The housekeeping and maintenance app is easy for our vendors to use and allows us to obtain precise, real time information to better serve our guests. Streamline comes with a lot of functionality and extras for a price well below the competitor.

Cons

Due to the large number of features the Streamline dashboards and menus can be overwhelming but the development team is always willing to inactive functions you will not use and they have made a lot of changes to condense and simplify these areas. Users can also be setup with access only to their areas of work which greatly simplifies the dashboards and menus as well.

Tiffany from Real Estate

Horrible Experience - they call it Streamline University for a reason...they expect you to go back to school and get a tech degree ...you are on your own.

Pros

The ability to what I thought grow a small business. More functionality. More options. More buttons.

Cons

What was to take 6 weeks turned easily to 6 months. They expect you to know technical things so if you are not tech savvy or can spend thousands of dollars to hire people to help you, steer clear of this company. They do not have people to support you and will not make you a priority until you break down and throw your hands up. they have a horrible "ticket" system that only serves to fill your inbox and not take care of the situation. In the end you are left to figure things out on your own which is grueling. They expect you to be able to program your system almost completely, no joke. Make sure to clear your schedule and get lots of wine if this is the route you want to go. I was completely happy with my old system however needed a mobile app for owners and guests...however, there is no guest app I have come to find and there also is no app for us to us as the manager. Owners seem to like the app so far. Overpriced for what you get.

Response from The Streamline Staff of

Replied November 2018

Hi Tiffany. Thank you so much for your review. We take our client's feedback very seriously and would like the opportunity to address this. We looked into your experience with us and see you had different account managers assigned to you along your training per your request since no one seemed to be a good fit. We want to make everyone's experience great, so we were happy to accommodate. After your training, we offered you additional training by providing you access to our newly launched Streamline University. We have received nothing but great feedback about the University from our clients, so if there is something about it that you would like for us to look into, please let us know. We will have someone reach out to you in the coming days to see how else we can make your experience with Streamline a more positive one. Streamline Staff

Matt from McCall Property Services, LLC dba McCall Outfitter

The best vacation rental software out there!!

I was the regional manager for another vacation rental management company before going out on my own. I spent months researching software platforms and watching demos and felt that Streamline was the best software available. I have now been a Streamline customer for over two years now and can honestly say that Streamline is the best vacation rental software on the market. They are constantly introducing new features and improving the software. If I ever have an issue their customer service department is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. My account manager has always responded to my requests the same day. Streamline might not be the cheapest out there but I believe you get what you pay for.

Pros

Customer Service and support

Michelle from La Jolla Vacation Rentals CA

Streamline is a fantastic company and their software is far superior than any other I have seen.

Pros

The ease of use for sure. Uploading new properties is so simple and integration with many vendors has made the process so simple and streamlined.
The customer service is extraordinary. Once you sign up for the software, they are there with you all the way. We love our customer service rep! My rep is our go-to person at streamline and she is so helpful always.

LaShonne from RealVoice

Streamline

I love that this system can be used for relaying work orders as well as scheduling, it works as a lead management system, a booking engine, and you can load it with house and unit information as much as you need. The system does it all.

Pros

This system is so easy to use. I have over 14 company that use this system. The booking process is straight forward and the easiest system to train.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the system. You can do everything including lead management.