• Pros

• "I liked the layout of the website and the functionality"

• "The cost/flexibility of the tool. I can't find any other sofware near the value this provides for the cost for a mom/pop landlord."

• "Ease of use and email notifications were the best part I liked about software."

• Cons

• "Does work with vacation rental but they say it's coming soon. "

• "Not much except would like the software to provide additional capabilities to manage lease in future."

• "Tenant/Landlord forms are not a part of this program. There is nowhere to save your letters (templates) on this program. Forms need to be saved elsewhere ie. Microsoft word. "

Browse TrueRent Reviews

Sally from N/A

June 2016

Most comprehensive property management software for the price

I've tried a ton of property management softwares in the past. This is by far the best one I've used.

Pros

Very affordable. A lot cheaper than the bigger companies like Buildium and Appfolio, and offers a lot more than the smaller companies with similar prices. Very intuitive and easy to use. The financial reports it generates are very helpful. The rent roll feature they offer is great and helps keeps track of who has paid and who hasn't. The QuickPay ACH payment program is really nice. Almost all of my tenants now use it to pay their rent.

Cons

The site works on my iphone and ipad, but it would be great if they offered an app. Their QuickPay ACH payment program is great after you get approved, but the application process was pretty long (about 5 days).

Steven from SAS Holdings, LLC

Great Landlord Tool

I'm able to manage our four rental properties with ease, and have full tenant interactions. Love the flexiblity and ability of our tenants to pay their rent.

Pros

Cons

There are some missing features and sometimes it's a little clunky. The search features leave a bit to be desired as you can only search on standard choices, not on custom pieces.

Cost/value provided.

Danielle from Sharp Homes Realty

Bang for buck

Customer support responses have vastly improved over the last 90 days. The additional changes they are making generally are good but it would be nice to receive an email letting us know when something is coming down the pipeline with a timeline so we are can make changes on our end as necessary.

Pros

Great value for the money, offers quite a few features for an affordable price

Cons

Too many steps to set accounts, features and processes seem to change frequently with no warning (example, we allow 5 days grace period for rent before it is considered late. Until recently we had to set the late fee as due the 4th in order for it to go into effect on the 6th as per our leases. Now it is actually set correctly on the software end. There was no notice to this change which caused some panic on the part of tenants).

Kelvin from Kelvin heeth

Overall

Ok

Pros

Easy to use kept information on properties

Cons

Started charging for small investor sometimes not easy

Michael from FedexExpress

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Truerent, True genius!

Pros

The ease of use. The year end reports, everything from vendors to every day entries. I've tried other programs. This one works best for me.

Cons

Removing , and adding new tenants is a bit tricky.

Dianna from Real Estate

Recommend TrueRent

Ability to keep track to tenant rent. Financials by owner

Pros

Once you understand this program it is pretty easy to use. Also it is easy to set-up Can save your tenant correspondence in tenant file, ie. letters, pictures, etc.

Reasons for Choosing TrueRent

They were more attentive, least expensive and the program does the same as others with the exception of the tenant/landlord forms.

Marilyn from Eclectic Realty

True Rent User Review

Pros

Excellent features and value for the monthly cost !

Cons

Hard to correct a glitch in the system. Hard to contact Customer Service when You need immediate help.

Seemless and easy to use

Love it!

Pros

Innovative and easy to use along with great customer support

Cons

A little pricey but totally worth it given the features

Patricia from Anthony Johnson Realty,Inc.

Customer Service

It keeps everything organized for you.

Pros

When using this software its very user friendly for someone who is not computer savvy.

Cons

It is confusing on how to upload documents and files.

Chip from Sandy Basin Properties

Company review

It does work like advertised. The customer service rep is fantastic at answering questions.

Pros

It keeps me focused on the other things I do for a living other than collecting rent.

Cons

I still haven't learned everything about the software because I haven't done a deep dive into all the features this program offers.

Adel from Horus properties llc

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

the site is great

Pros

Easy to use tenant screening is awesome tenant payment online is great tracking the expenses is good

Cons

need more improvement in the following 1. add a place where you can add your general expenses that's not related to a certain property such as meals, trips, office expenses and so on 2. we are in deep need of mobile APP 3. track your credit card automatically and having the transaction ready to assign it to the property or edit 4. the customer service is very slow responding and having no phone number to call

Don from Centennial Properties

Little Landlord

My business entries are easy and tax reports are immediate. Sometimes I have to hunt-and-peck to get a particular report, but I have learned to use Filters to refine reports. I am just starting to use the Tenant Screening and am wondering why the hell I ever waited. Still getting used to this function but it should prove invaluable.

Pros

It is very comprehensive, including about everything a landlord (or his accountant or, god forbid, the IRS). The software keeps getting updated for clarity and ease of use. Updating the structure of Tutorials is one case.

Cons

Some features are not clear to me. For instance, I have never understood the Ledger function.

David from Pines Realty

Great experience with TrueRent.com

TrueRent is the most intuitive software I have found. The customer support is great and collection rent online is quick and easy. Once you use online rent collection you won't understand how you lived without. I also use their credit screening feature which is really good.

Pros

Intuitive, useful features, online rent collection, credit screening

Cons

Does work with vacation rental but they say it's coming soon.

Justin from Shannon St Apartments LLC

Great Customer Support

Overall my experience is positive.

Pros

One of the best features of this product is customer support that is offered. Reply’s are prompt and solutions are to the point. The cost of the product was very affordable for the size of my company and my tenants have no complaints using it on a monthly basis. The software has continued to improve and get easier to use over the years.

Cons

Some of my older tenants have difficulty initially setting up their accounts. There is now an additional fee to have rents deposited into two different bank accounts. Initially I picked this product because it was going to allow tenants the choice to pay through their bank account or by credit card with the additional fees being charged directly to them, but that option didn’t come to fruition exactly as I had hoped.

Kevin from N/A

August 2014

Great for managing my two rental properties. Does everything I need.

I usually don't write reviews but this one is worth it. I bought a foreclosure 2 years ago and haven't really been keeping good records. Tax time is a real hassle for me. Last month I purchased my second investment property, a duplex. I decided getting organized was the only option since tripling my unit count. After a lot of searching, I found True Rent. It's the only truly free site I could find that is easy to use and has a lot of good features. I have gone back and entered my income and expenses for the last year in order to get a complete picture of how much money I'm making. I never thought getting organized could be fun. (It's kind of addicting) What I like: Snapshot which displays my properties one screen along with how they are performing. (show my equity and other financial metrics like LTV, GRM, etc) The ease of entering transactions and how the entry fields auto populate. The reports - At a glance is really cool once you go back and enter a years worth of rents/payments. File storage. (There is no limit on storage which is good.) Support is quick to respond. (I emailed a question to support and they responded within minutes.) Overall the site is great and I have no complaints. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a free option.

Demetrius from Watson and Associates

Great Software Packing A Huge Punch!

Pros

The software was able to accommodate all my property rental documentation needs as well as providing detailed reports and address reports. It was reliable as some software has glitches but not TrueRent! The software also handled my vendors accounts and deposits to the owner with breeze.

Cons

I did not like the way it allows the tenants to log into their own portal and it has to go through their website so that the tenants know all about the service as if to elude they are advertising to my tenants. I think a branded or separate area or page should be available for tenant log ins and should integrate with my website.

Riley from Alexander Construction Inc.

Easy, Powerful, does what I need.

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere with a computer. Ability to keep documents related to transactions attached in the cloud. Fast customer service, makes preparing reports for taxes a cake walk!

Cons

Sometimes they have some bugs, but support has always been fast to repair.

Carolyn from Parker and Associates Realty

TrueRent

I've never had a problem. It has cut down a lot of my time to work on other things.

Pros

Very easy to use. Fast and efficient, true results

Cons

Application for tenants could use some more information.

Nick from Great Water Real Estate

Not satisfied

I have not sold any business problems with true rent it's only created more headaches and hassle we're actually using a backup spreadsheet for redundancy to make sure the number is ensure enter accurate not satisfied of this product looking to change.

Pros

Nothing, no real likes

Cons

Your software is barely a glorified spreadsheet. I have called numerous times to your customer service department with any without any help from anyone. I just like your product thoroughly and I'm looking for something new at this point in time. Between the low functionality of the software in the lack of customer service I have no idea what I'm buying from you.

February 2015

Jason from KW

February 2015

Easy and Free! Very simple and does everything.

I had been searching a long time for something like True Rent. I found the site here on Capterra late last year. I have been using the site daily and have had great results. I own apartments and storage units. Yes, it will work with storage units. Plus, according to support, the site is free forever for current users even if they start to charge in the future. This means one less monthly outgoing payment. This was huge for me. If you are considering starting or finding a new property management software site, I recommend doing it now to get locked into a free account. I also really appreciate the fact that customer support really listens to users. This is rare I find. Plus they are constantly adding new features. I hope my recommendation helps others like I was helps here. Jason Real Estate Investor

Ron from April Sound Rentals

Simple and priced right

I have operated a property management company for several years. I also have my own rental properties. I've only used TrueRent a short while, but so far it's been easy to use and allows me to manage all units, both personal and managed units on one site. It has everything I would want from this type of program. Transaction and data entry is easy and can be done from many areas/screens. This will definitely make my accounting easier. The "Snapshot" feature is helpful too, I can finally see where I financially stand. The analytics seem very complete with everything I would possibly need to know for forecasting and decision-making. I can see the possibility of this real time data helping my bottom line. I will continue using this product and will refer to it often during tax time.

Will from Where The Heart is Properties LLC

Customer support isn't great

I feel like it was good back when it was free. Since I've been starting to pay it feels like it has went down hill. Doesn't calculate mortgage payments for you anymore, tenants don't disappear from transactions, can't erase amounts to change them very easily, and if there is any issue customer service won't respond until it's been at LEAST 2 emails sent minimum.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate Good value for price

Cons

Hard to get assistance from customer support. Doesn't erase tenants in transactions after they have left Can't maneuver rents as needed on occasion

Vincent from The Pawlowski Mastrilli Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

A Really Good, Easy Tool to Manage Rental Properties

Overall good-- however, the only reason that I signed up with Truerent was the assurance that credit cards would be accepted within a couple of months. Now, we are being told that they will not be accepted as a means of collecting rent.

Pros

The ease of use and the ease in completing the database.

Cons

The inability to accept credit card payments from tenants

Leeann from Six Mile Creek Holdings

Very Organized

Pros

This product is a great way to keep your rent organized. I love how you can enter the tenants into the different buildings and keep track of security, even upload the lease.

Cons

It is a little hard to use the recurring billing as it does not seem to do it all the same each time.

Tanner from Ensorcell Investments

TrueRent Review

Pros

Just as the company's website says, this platform does really allow for time to be saved and profits to be increased. Online rent collection is the best!

Cons

Overall, I think the software was easy to learn. I could use a bit more training to make sure that I am using all available features.

Tanya from Kiah Management

Awesome software

Very good

Pros

Some fields were adjusted per my discussion with them. Very receptive to changes

Cons

At first, some things were a little confusing but got them solved

Mark from Owner

Simple and Easy to use for Reasonable Price

True Rent is the simpliest property management site I have tried. I have been using it for about 3 months now and truly love it. No accounting degree required.

Pros

Excellent customer support, easy, straightforward, collecting rents online is easy too. It does everything needed to manage my 30 units.

Cons

None

Charlie from Peninsula Properties

Easy to use and free

I've tried several property management programs/websites. I can honestly say True Rent is the easiest program I have used. Pros: The site is free up to 25 units Easy and Fast Works on both Residential/Commercial. Cons: They don't have tenant screening yet Advertisements (Not a lot though. All I have seen is a small square ad in the righthand bottom portion of the screen so it's out of the way and non-invasive. It's definitely not a problem for me considering I'm not paying a monthly subscription fee.) No CAM option

Response from TrueRent

Replied August 2014

Thanks for the review. Tenant screening will be available soon.

Nyjal from Retail

Greatest

It was great

Pros

How easy it is to use How affordable it is

Cons

Everything was great to be honest The only thing I can think of is sometimes It would be hard to add invoices but that’s fixed nos

Jannette from JMP REALTY INC

TrueRent

Pros

Easy to use. Great reports. Tenants can pay online

Cons

Even though is convenient for me and the tenant the payments take too long to clear.

Chad from Self employed

True Rent

Pros

Easy to use, landlord friendly and the tenants like it as well.

Cons

Nothing, the website is easy to use and self explanatory.

Haley from Self

July 2014

Super easy to use, informative, and inexpensive!

I own a few duplexes in Southern California. This website fits my needs. I was using another site, but was paying $40 a month for six units, because of their $40 monthly minimum. That's about $6 per unit, which did not include the ACH rent payments from my tenants. True Rent also has a lot of other features that I have yet to use. I will report back with an update once I have used the other features.

September 2014

Chad from Private landlord

September 2014

Easy to setup and free. Support is quick to respond. Could use a better help section.

Pretty solid so far. The site is a little confusing in the beginning but once you go through it a couple of times it's easy. Watching the support videos really helped me when setting up my properties and tenants. (Strongly recommend watching) There is no tenant screening option which is something I need (support said it's coming soon). Overall the site is great especially considering it's free.

David from Landlord

July 2014

Easy to use and less expensive than most others

I use truerent because it's easy and fast. Has ACH payments and I can expect applications online. Overall an excellent value for the price. I manage 11 units so I pay $11/month. Was paying more for another service.

Response from TrueRent

Replied July 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback today and in the future. Thanks and happy property managing.

joel from CAMSF

easy, intuitive, excellent reporting

I manage my open rental property, switched from another before a year or two ago, perfectly happy

Pros

Minimal learning curve, great reports, flexible, scalable

Cons

Actually, nothing. It fills my needs, no problems

Gary from Del Norte LLC

Mostly good

Overall i like the product but the third party payment setup sucks.

Pros

I liked the layout of the website and the functionality

Cons

I was not able to setup the automatic rental payments. I sent in the paperwork two or three times over the courseof a month. Eventually i had to go back to my original company so rent payments could get paid.

Anthony from Legacy West Realty

Great Software!

Pros

Ease of Use! Price! A lot of property management software out there! This is one of the best!

Cons

There is not one I can think of, it's worth to try at least

Karen from Education

Clunky and disfunctional

Pros

The software is user friendly so even a technophobe could work it.

Cons

The functionality is so limited that it isn't really worth using.

January 2016

Adam from AS Properties

January 2016

TrueRent is very easy to use and fits all of my needs. Great customer support too.

I have been using TrueRent for about 2 years. It does everything at a very econimcal price. I have been using the online rent collection and its awesome. Also, I like the fact the ACH payments are free. I strongly recommend.

Eric from Hospital & Health Care

True Rent

Great

Pros

Great product, helps me manage my rental properties

Cons

Sometimes slow since it's cloud based.....

Features, ease of use

Michael from Landscape Company

Review of truerent

I was looking for a program with the provided features of truerent but at a reasonable rate. They have everything thr other programs have at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

The ability to organize my information for each property and track their performance.

Cons

Thus far I dont have any criticism for the software.

Todd from Real estate

Clunky

Pros

Not a very user friendly software. Crashes often and needs more updates.

Cons

Layout- not user friendly Many issues with portals.

May 2015

John from Capital Realty

May 2015

Very good property management software

I have been using the site for several months with good luck. We manage about 50 properties. Customer support is responsive and accommodating.

November 2014

BENARD from KIFICOM COMPUTERS ELDORET-KENYA

November 2014

modifications.

it should be tailored further to capture data through a management company. thank you for good job.

Thomas from TKKLEINJR Properties

My Review

I am taking on managing my properties and needed an easy to use system to be able to track my rental properties.

Pros

I liked the look and the ability to collect rent online.

Cons

Setup was very difficult. I also wanted to be able to track more about each of my properties.

Glenn from Executive Forums Silicon Valley

Easy for First Time Landlords

- full feature portal for first time landlord

Pros

- automatically collects rent - full features - good user interface

Cons

- wouldn’t work with my trust personal bank account

Brandon from Gulf solar

Great zero risk product

Amazing

Pros

Landlords get to use the software for free

Cons

I would say that the ach process for accepting rental payments is a bit complex

Benjamin from HyperTrend

Excellent platform

Pros

The ease of use made for an easy learning curve.

Cons

Lack of features made it difficult to engage in the software

bette from red door realty

Needs more features

Pros

Truerent offers quick time pay to receive rental payments however, the fees can add up between the initial fees and ongoing monthly fees to user and tenants.

Cons

Fee structure is too much compared to other options as far as rental payments, marketing, online applications, maintenance requests, etc.

mark from Legal Services

not the best on the market

Pros

i can add auto late fee in different ways

Cons

too expensive for and dont have an mobile app