Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "I liked the layout of the website and the functionality"

• "Ease of use and email notifications were the best part I liked about software."

• "Excellent customer support, easy, straightforward, collecting rents online is easy too. It does everything needed to manage my 30 units. "

• "Great value for the money, offers quite a few features for an affordable price"

• Cons

• "Not many cons at all. Only hope to see more features and enhancements. More direct wire rent payment options "

• "Fee structure is too much compared to other options as far as rental payments, marketing, online applications, maintenance requests, etc."

• "Not much except would like the software to provide additional capabilities to manage lease in future."

• "Overall, I think the software was easy to learn. I could use a bit more training to make sure that I am using all available features. "

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 27 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Sally from N/A

June 2016

Most comprehensive property management software for the price

I've tried a ton of property management softwares in the past. This is by far the best one I've used.

Pros

Very affordable. A lot cheaper than the bigger companies like Buildium and Appfolio, and offers a lot more than the smaller companies with similar prices.

Very intuitive and easy to use. The financial reports it generates are very helpful. The rent roll feature they offer is great and helps keeps track of who has paid and who hasn't.

The QuickPay ACH payment program is really nice. Almost all of my tenants now use it to pay their rent.

Cons

The site works on my iphone and ipad, but it would be great if they offered an app. Their QuickPay ACH payment program is great after you get approved, but the application process was pretty long (about 5 days).

Adel from Horus properties llc

the site is great

tenant screening is awesome
tenant payment online is great
tracking the expenses is good

Cons

need more improvement in the following
1. add a place where you can add your general expenses that's not related to a certain property such as meals, trips, office expenses and so on
2. we are in deep need of mobile APP
3. track your credit card automatically and having the transaction ready to assign it to the property or edit
4. the customer service is very slow responding and having no phone number to call

Don from Centennial Properties

Little Landlord

My business entries are easy and tax reports are immediate. Sometimes I have to hunt-and-peck to get a particular report, but I have learned to use Filters to refine reports. I am just starting to use the Tenant Screening and am wondering why the hell I ever waited. Still getting used to this function but it should prove invaluable.

Pros

It is very comprehensive, including about everything a landlord (or his accountant or, god forbid, the IRS).
The software keeps getting updated for clarity and ease of use. Updating the structure of Tutorials is one case.

Cons

Some features are not clear to me. For instance, I have never understood the Ledger function.

David from Pines Realty

Great experience with TrueRent.com

TrueRent is the most intuitive software I have found. The customer support is great and collection rent online is quick and easy. Once you use online rent collection you won't understand how you lived without. I also use their credit screening feature which is really good.

Pros

Intuitive, useful features, online rent collection, credit screening

Cons

Does work with vacation rental but they say it's coming soon.

Kevin from N/A

August 2014

Great for managing my two rental properties. Does everything I need.

I usually don't write reviews but this one is worth it. I bought a foreclosure 2 years ago and haven't really been keeping good records. Tax time is a real hassle for me. Last month I purchased my second investment property, a duplex. I decided getting organized was the only option since tripling my unit count. After a lot of searching, I found True Rent. It's the only truly free site I could find that is easy to use and has a lot of good features. I have gone back and entered my income and expenses for the last year in order to get a complete picture of how much money I'm making. I never thought getting organized could be fun. (It's kind of addicting) What I like: Snapshot which displays my properties one screen along with how they are performing. (show my equity and other financial metrics like LTV, GRM, etc) The ease of entering transactions and how the entry fields auto populate. The reports - At a glance is really cool once you go back and enter a years worth of rents/payments. File storage. (There is no limit on storage which is good.) Support is quick to respond. (I emailed a question to support and they responded within minutes.) Overall the site is great and I have no complaints. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a free option.

Danielle from Sharp Homes Realty

Bang for buck

Customer support responses have vastly improved over the last 90 days. The additional changes they are making generally are good but it would be nice to receive an email letting us know when something is coming down the pipeline with a timeline so we are can make changes on our end as necessary.

Pros

Great value for the money, offers quite a few features for an affordable price

Cons

Too many steps to set accounts, features and processes seem to change frequently with no warning (example, we allow 5 days grace period for rent before it is considered late. Until recently we had to set the late fee as due the 4th in order for it to go into effect on the 6th as per our leases. Now it is actually set correctly on the software end. There was no notice to this change which caused some panic on the part of tenants).

Demetrius from Watson and Associates

Great Software Packing A Huge Punch!

Pros

The software was able to accommodate all my property rental documentation needs as well as providing detailed reports and address reports. It was reliable as some software has glitches but not TrueRent! The software also handled my vendors accounts and deposits to the owner with breeze.

Cons

I did not like the way it allows the tenants to log into their own portal and it has to go through their website so that the tenants know all about the service as if to elude they are advertising to my tenants. I think a branded or separate area or page should be available for tenant log ins and should integrate with my website.

February 2015

Jason from KW

February 2015

Easy and Free! Very simple and does everything.

I had been searching a long time for something like True Rent. I found the site here on Capterra late last year. I have been using the site daily and have had great results. I own apartments and storage units. Yes, it will work with storage units. Plus, according to support, the site is free forever for current users even if they start to charge in the future. This means one less monthly outgoing payment. This was huge for me. If you are considering starting or finding a new property management software site, I recommend doing it now to get locked into a free account. I also really appreciate the fact that customer support really listens to users. This is rare I find. Plus they are constantly adding new features. I hope my recommendation helps others like I was helps here. Jason Real Estate Investor

Ron from April Sound Rentals

Simple and priced right

I have operated a property management company for several years. I also have my own rental properties. I've only used TrueRent a short while, but so far it's been easy to use and allows me to manage all units, both personal and managed units on one site. It has everything I would want from this type of program. Transaction and data entry is easy and can be done from many areas/screens. This will definitely make my accounting easier. The "Snapshot" feature is helpful too, I can finally see where I financially stand. The analytics seem very complete with everything I would possibly need to know for forecasting and decision-making. I can see the possibility of this real time data helping my bottom line. I will continue using this product and will refer to it often during tax time.

Leeann from Six Mile Creek Holdings

Very Organized

Pros

This product is a great way to keep your rent organized. I love how you can enter the tenants into the different buildings and keep track of security, even upload the lease.

Cons

It is a little hard to use the recurring billing as it does not seem to do it all the same each time.

Tanner from Ensorcell Investments

TrueRent Review

Pros

Just as the company's website says, this platform does really allow for time to be saved and profits to be increased. Online rent collection is the best!

Mark from Owner

Simple and Easy to use for Reasonable Price

True Rent is the simpliest property management site I have tried. I have been using it for about 3 months now and truly love it. No accounting degree required.

Pros

Cons

None

Todd from S&E investments

New user

Overall I’m satisfied with this website. I’m looking forward to integration with qb online.

Pros

I’m still getting used to the options available. So far it seems to be enough for my needs.

Cons

No Customer service phone number that is answered.

Charlie from Peninsula Properties

Easy to use and free

I've tried several property management programs/websites. I can honestly say True Rent is the easiest program I have used. Pros: The site is free up to 25 units Easy and Fast Works on both Residential/Commercial. Cons: They don't have tenant screening yet Advertisements (Not a lot though. All I have seen is a small square ad in the righthand bottom portion of the screen so it's out of the way and non-invasive. It's definitely not a problem for me considering I'm not paying a monthly subscription fee.) No CAM option

Response from TrueRent of

Replied August 2014

Thanks for the review. Tenant screening will be available soon.

Haley from Self

July 2014

Super easy to use, informative, and inexpensive!

I own a few duplexes in Southern California. This website fits my needs. I was using another site, but was paying $40 a month for six units, because of their $40 monthly minimum. That's about $6 per unit, which did not include the ACH rent payments from my tenants. True Rent also has a lot of other features that I have yet to use. I will report back with an update once I have used the other features.

September 2014

Chad from Private landlord

September 2014

Easy to setup and free. Support is quick to respond. Could use a better help section.

Pretty solid so far. The site is a little confusing in the beginning but once you go through it a couple of times it's easy. Watching the support videos really helped me when setting up my properties and tenants. (Strongly recommend watching) There is no tenant screening option which is something I need (support said it's coming soon). Overall the site is great especially considering it's free.

Dianna from Real Estate

Recommend TrueRent

Ability to keep track to tenant rent. Financials by owner

Pros

Once you understand this program it is pretty easy to use. Also it is easy to set-up
Can save your tenant correspondence in tenant file, ie. letters, pictures, etc.

Cons

Tenant/Landlord forms are not a part of this program. There is nowhere to save your letters (templates) on this program. Forms need to be saved elsewhere ie. Microsoft word.

David from Landlord

July 2014

Easy to use and less expensive than most others

I use truerent because it's easy and fast. Has ACH payments and I can expect applications online. Overall an excellent value for the price. I manage 11 units so I pay $11/month. Was paying more for another service.

Response from TrueRent of

Replied July 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback today and in the future. Thanks and happy property managing.

Gary from Del Norte LLC

Mostly good

Overall i like the product but the third party payment setup sucks.

Pros

I liked the layout of the website and the functionality

Cons

I was not able to setup the automatic rental payments. I sent in the paperwork two or three times over the courseof a month. Eventually i had to go back to my original company so rent payments could get paid.

January 2016

Adam from AS Properties

January 2016

TrueRent is very easy to use and fits all of my needs. Great customer support too.

I have been using TrueRent for about 2 years. It does everything at a very econimcal price. I have been using the online rent collection and its awesome. Also, I like the fact the ACH payments are free. I strongly recommend.