Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "The site plan! It makes getting customers set up and in place a breeze! The reservations for our arena storage are no longer a guess!"

• "The customer service is amazing. They always respond immediately with any questions or concerns oh, and I always go the extra mile to help."

• "The price for this software is considerably lower than other Australian based Self Storage software systems. "

• "Easy functionality and and systematic approach to a CRM program."

• Cons

• "Deposit refunds aren't easily done. I can't send receipts."

• "Would like auto emails to be send to customers with Invoice, and when card is declined. "

• "I don't want the tenants to see all of the past charges. Only show previous month or two. I don't want to remind them of the money they are spending."

• "Billing the customers. It is a little hard to figure out, and I keep double billing people! Probably an easy fix on my end though!"

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 53 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Meredith from Stoneridge Storage LLC

I am extremely satisfied with Unittrac, they have gone above and beyond to keep me a happy customer!

Quick, seamless software for the organization and operation of our storage facility business.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional and obviously a high priority to them. The software design is very user friendly for our self storage facility, the features are easy to navigate. As a new owner of our storage facility, I needed a software package that could quickly get my business up and running, Unittrac was everything I was looking for. I began with the free trial and within 24 hours, I had my customer based entered and organized, and had the gist of the system figured out. It's by far the best valued software out there for self storage facilities. I highly recommend! My favorite software feature is the site map builder, and the fact that the storage units show availability in "real time" to the customer via the in house website feature. Using the provided website, my addition media outlets, Facebook and Twitter buttons can be easily found. Customers can apply online, download the rental application, select a unit, make online payments, and receive automated email invoicing following a payment. In a competitive storage market, Unittrac has organized my business and mainstreamed all the information to my customer base.

Cons

I would love to see the ability to enter and track external business and operating expenses, or have a spreadsheet for tax preparation statements with income and expenses balanced. Although there are a variety of financial reports available to run, none include all the true facts and figures of running the business, only the income.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied May 2017

Meredith - we are delighted that you chose Unit Trac and are happy to help you easily manage your facility. Stay tuned for new features rolling out to address your accounting needs. Your questions and comments about the software are always welcomed!

Margot from Arbor View M-106 Self Storage, LLC

Unit Trac is a Great Fit for Our Facility!

It is easy to use for both us and for our customers. My customers are impressed that they can rent up online and have autopay enabled free of charge. I like it because it draws the right customers, those with decent credit, to our facility. Unit Trac automatically records their payments, which is also a time saver I like.

Pros

More customers would rather sign up online than stop in because they are busy. This allows them to sign up on their schedule and get things taken care of before move-in day. So units can be rented up even while I am out of the office or after business hours.

Cons

I have asked for a way to automatically send an email payment reminder to customers that request it. I was told this would be implemented last year. Has it been done and have I just missed seeing it?

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Margot! Online rentals are a great way to have your website on your behalf and customers enjoy how easy it is. The automatic receipt generation is in place - which allows customers to receive an email that payment was received and remind them of their upcoming payment. Our team will reach out because it doesn't look like that is enabled with your account currently - but it's just a click and it will be turned on.

Margot from Arbor View M-106 Self Storage

My Customers Love Unit Trac !

Pros

I started with Unit Trac almost a year ago and am SO glad I did! It's like having a "Personal Assistant" enter the payments for me and send receipts out, I don't have to do a thing. So far, my customers have given very positive feedback about the convenience and I feel more professional, offering my customers more options. Customers feel more in control, being able to access their account through their phone or PC anytime to make payments, print receipts and view their payment history. I am able to get far more customers to set up Auto Pay since they can track the charges themselves (which I really like). One of the rep at Unit Trac and she is super friendly and helpful getting it set up. Five stars all the way!!!

Cons

I can't really think of anything, it is very easy to use. But I am hoping they will come up with a way to send an automated payment reminder email for those customers that don't want to sign up with auto-pay.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied March 2018

We are glad that you starting using Unit Trac Margot! We are equally as happy that your customers love Unit Trac too. Thanks for the feedback on the automated emails. We recognize this feature as something that will make managing the facility even easier - stay tuned.

Jack from Little Kingdom Storage

Awesome system! Unit Trac allows me to run my business with ease. Customer support is exceptional!

It's so easy to run and track my business with this system, it saves me hours and hours every week

Pros

I think it's so good, it's hard to know where to begin...
Setup was a breeze. The user interface it excellent--very intuitive. Web interface made it possible to set up our own, very functional and professional website in a matter of hours. Invoicing and payment processing/recording is easy. Customers (and we) love the customer portal and ability to do automatic billing. We are in a very rural, mountain area with no full-time onsite presence, eSig lease capability makes it easy to onboard new customers without having to be there. Customer support is GREAT!!! We could go on and on... www.littlekingdomstorage.com

Cons

I can't really say there is anything I don't like about it, but here are a couple thoughts...
- It would be great if there was a way to set up a new lease (to be activated at a later date) for a unit whose lease has not ended yet.
- I have a few customers who have multiple units/leases. It would be good to combine onto one invoice. I haven't figured out if that is possible, or how to do it if it is
- Can't wait till you release expense tracking!!

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied July 2017

We are delighted that Unit Trac has been such a benefit to you and your customers! The time savings is substantial and exactly what the software was designed to do for you - make it easier to manage your facility. Great feedback on the ability to post date a lease and stay tuned for the accounting update coming soon.

Justin from Westside Self Storage

Good value for what you get

Really Good program, but needs more work

Pros

Cons

The Map interface is easy to read but not as detailed as it could be. When hovering on the sitemap there is not enough information that might be able to speed up the process of a larger complex, this also becomes painfully obvious when a customer is waiting in your office and you need to go through multiple screens to find information you need fast. Also, in Australia there is a very large lag when you save or update something from the time you press the buton to the time the browser actually starts to recognise you want to save. I have requested GST tax considerations to be made easier but this is not a function at this time. Other things which would be a massive improvement: 1. There should be a selection so you can email ALL customers at the same time to update them of changes which amy affect ALL customers. At this time other than CSV file there is no easy way to acheive a bulk email. 2. The Send an Email option should be a HTML text editor interface and not just a text field, this way you can change fonts, add H tags or highlight important information in your email.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied May 2019

We appreciate your honest feedback Justin. Our team is working to make updates to the software that will improve usability. Your input is exactly what is needed to make the program better.

David from www.A1StorageHB.co.nz

the truth

unitrac staff are very good communicators and each time ive had an issue they have sorted it very quickly, but more importantly if i ask for them to call me (im in New Zealand) they do so im old school and sometimes you just cant beat a phone call to get something across.

Pros

this software is easy to use but complicated enough in the back ground to provide a awesome simple outcome that takes very little management time

Cons

some functions can not be done on apple ipad

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the feedback Dave! Our team also appreciates your suggestions for feature improvements as we are committed to making Unit Trac - you've had some great suggestions! Our team will follow-up about the functionality on the iPad as everything should work on any device.

Steve from Eastgate MiniWarehouse

Software makes life much easier

Very good. Great response to questions and suggestions. Some suggestions were implemented the next release of software. Software typically up 24 hours a day which is great for night owls.

Pros

Ease of use, access from home or office, tracks payments and vacant units

Cons

Tax time is getting close. Would be nice to be able to pull up a report on credit card charges and charges to Unit Trac as they are tax deductible expenses. Credit card vendor report only shows last 4 months, so guess I need to get in the habit of doing that once a month or so. Fixing this would add value to your customers.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the feedback Steve! Good news - you can pull a report to get the credit card charges for the full year (or any date range that you prefer) in Unit Trac. Our team will reach out to show you how to get the revenue report and find the information that you are looking for.

robert from Fort Knox Climate Storage

Fort Knox Climate Control Storage Review

Excellent! Easy, simple, fast, (except Site Map) and very user friendly ! The Very Best Customer service with the team !!! 10 STAR for them!! Thank You Bob Malle

Pros

Very Easy to learn and use! Saves you time when you are renting a unit and the accounting reports are a big help for my accountant.

Cons

Map Loads very slow!
Edit the map should be able to be done from the Availability screen.
Payment up date and recording could be improved.
Would be nice if it was Quick Books compatible! To allow me to have easier access to a P&L on a daily or weekly schedule with out having to make the sales entry manually.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks Bob! We enjoy working with you and glad to have Fort Knox Climate Storage operating efficiently from since you opened for business. It's been exciting to watch your business lease-up. We will figure out why the map loads slower than normal. Confident our team can resolve that for you.

Drew from COSMO SELF STORAGE

Best Storage Software on the Market

I like Unit-Trac. I have thought about and have almost gone with other Storage Software companies but once I try out there system, I seem to gravitate back to Unit-Trac. They are a great Storage Software system. I like how easy the software is to use and my customers seem to like using the system to make there payments.

Pros

I like Unit Trac because it is Easy to Navigate and very User Friendly.

Cons

Some of the things I do like about it now which I am sure will be greatly improved over time.
Unit Trac is a young Storage Software Company.
1. Statement Generator
2. Bundling Customers when they might have multiple units.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the feedback Drew! I know that you'll enjoy the accounting updates that will be rolling out soon. Thanks for your patience.

Todd from 5M Storage

Great for our small facility

Pros

1. Easy to use, very intuitive.
2. Can be accessed from any device.
3. Very affordable, especially for a smaller facility.
4. Everything needed for a new customer can be entered in one screen. (Customer, Lease, Credit Card, Initial Payment, Recurring Payments, and Customer Portal)

Cons

This is a very simple software package that does about 95 percent of what I would expect. A couple features that I believe are missing at the moment.
1. Automatically email invoices x number of days before the next payment is due as a reminder.
2. Simple way to email a select group of leases/customers.
3. A way to combine invoices for customers that rent multiple units.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback Todd! You'll be happy to know that an accounting update is coming soon and next up - improved communications.

Jim from Henderson mini storage

Small facility review

A small learning curve but now no problem getting to where I need to go in the program.

Pros

I like the ease with which to take payments and view current status of all tenants. It keeps track of monthly income and can be used when auctioning units by utilizing the store function.

Cons

I would like to be able to send all late tenants emails at the same time rather than having to open each account to send the emails one at a time. Seems like this would be an easy fix . The map edit screen seems to be very slow. The unit Box covers up other units so you have to click somewhere else to view the unit you want to select next.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the feedback Jim! Our team will look into the responsiveness of the map. We are working to improve communications. Stay tuned for updates.

Derek from GrayWalt Properties

Great Company

We are able to run multiple facilities from one office. Even looking at adding our Rental Properties on Unit Trac.

Pros

Easy to use. Very affordable. We started with one small 40 unit facility and have grown to over 500 doors. Unit Trac has made the transitions easy and are always their to help!

Cons

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the positive review Derek! It's been great to see your business grow. You are doing great work. We have some updates coming that you will be happy with...thanks for your patience. It's only going to get better from here.

Margot from Arbor View M-106 Self Storage, LLC

I love this software! I had used another online software before, but I am SO GLAD I switched!

Pros

I really like the home page that shows you who is delinquent and how far behind they are. With my old software, I would have to go through my customer list one-by-one, very time-consuming! This software is also very easy to use. The site map was also very easy to set up and is very helpful to see who is renting a particular unit and gives a nice overview of what is available instantly. I like the flexibility to make changes myself when needed. Payments are easy to record and send out receipts. My customers love being able to make payments themselves. I feel much more professional and on top of things with UnitTrac!

Cons

I would like to be able to have automatic reminders sent by email or by text to my habitually late customers or anyone else who would like invoice reminders sent to them.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied June 2017

We are glad that you switched to Unit Trac too! Delighted that Unit Trac has been able to save you time and make you feel professional - and make your customers happy. Thank you for the automated messaging feature request. Our development team is working on that functionality. Stayed tuned.

Amanda from Castleton Self Storage

Unit trac review

Pros

Cons

No problems. It has really helped my business

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the positive review Amanda! We enjoy working with you. Castleton Self Storage operates very efficiently - great work!

Greg from GCR&Associates

Unit trac mini storage software

It makes renting and collecting rent so easy and keeping track of what is happening as well. Taking credit cards with auto deposit and auto filling in what needs to be showing payments. It is effortless.

Pros

The soft ware was easy to use and not only that the person that sold it to me was so kind, understanding and helpful. It does everything I can think you would possibly want it to do.

Cons

Can't think of any bad to tell. Maybe just a little tricky, but not really with the helper) to set up the first lease. Nichole was there and with a smile on her face and so pleasant to help me through until I learned and could do it without her. I had a small business and most people stayed and didn't need much maintenance.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks Greg! We love helping our clients and we know that you are a very busy small business owner (like most of our clients) and need software to be simple and effortless since you have many responsibilities!

Gary from Droessler Mini Storage LLC

Unit Trac

It has been basically a good move. It allows me to do business online anywhere, anytime. Has some improvements to make in order for it to be more functional.

Pros

Allows me to handle my business anytime, anywhere.

Cons

The long learning curve. If it weren't for there GREAT customer service, I would have considered going elsewhere.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the feedback Gary! It is our pleasure to work with you and we are excited to share the updates that are coming out soon.

Angela from Red Deer Store-it Inc

Unit trac is easy to understand and an improvement to our business.

Pros

I like that it adds late fees and makes it easy to email customers with invoices reflecting it. It also makes it easy to see what percentage I am for being full and my good standing customers. It is very easy to navigate.

Cons

I would like to have a reminder feature that would automatically email customers with a rent due reminder. I would like to have a program that would have linked to my gate system but they were installed separately so I understand that is not an option.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied October 2017

Thanks for the input Angela! We are glad that it has been an improvement in your business...that's exactly what Unit Trac was designed to you (and be easy at the same time). Automated emails and gate code integration are on the docket for updated features. Our service team will reach out regarding the customer portal - which allows your customers online access to view receipts, invoices, make payments (and even set-up recurring charges to make it easy on everyone). This should help while the email automation is in development.

Jonathan from 86 Mini Storage

Excellent program!

Pros

We love the automatically billing and automatically producing invoices. There was a very small learning curve, too. It has made managing our rentals so easy!

Cons

I have frequently requested auto-invoicing. I currently have to remind several renters every month that their bill is coming due. Auto-invoicing would be SO SO SO NICE! I'm begging for it!

Also, we would like the ability to add a fee to credit card transactions. I have to manually enter those now and it's a pain.

Response from Unit Trac of

Replied December 2018

The Unit Trac team appreciates your positive review Jonathan - thanks! You've been patient and with your requests and they will be rolled out. We want Unit Trac to be great for you and great for your customers...especially so that you can make getting paid even easier.

Bryan from Wachtel & McAnally Architects / Planners