All Yardi Breeze Reviews

Yardi Breeze Review: Yardi Breeze Works Great for Accounting

Danielle

Reviewed January 2022

Yardi Breeze Simplified Property Management

PROS

Before switching to Yardi, I used Excel and QuickBooks to manage all properties and payments. Yardi Breeze has streamlined property management; I easily keep track of tenants and leases, maintenance requests, expenses, and vendors. And the best part is that I can do it all from anywhere! Whether I'm in the office or the field, everything is in one place.

CONS

Yardi is continuously updating to provide the best features to its users. If there is ever something I think could improve, there is a feature to give feedback, and Yardi's engineers take every suggestion into account to continue to deliver the best for the users.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

Yardi Breeze is more straightforward than other alternative software, and the customer support is exceptional! Whenever I have a question, a representative is readily available and knowledgeable. It is one of the critical components for why I chose Yardi Breeze.

Hi Danielle, Thanks for your feedback! There's so much important detail here as well. Please keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

Replied August 2022

Dianna

Seamless Success: Navigating Property Management Bliss with Yardi

The chat function has seen significant improvement, and the customer service reps seem to have upped their game in training over the last two years. Managing renters insurance, leases, photos, and unit information has become a breeze. The user-friendly accounting portion adds the cherry on top. It's truly a great product overall.

PROS

The initial integration was a breeze, and over the past two years, the continuous updates have transformed the platform into an incredibly user-friendly experience. The commitment to enhancing features consistently is commendable, and it's genuinely gratifying to see the product evolve and improve.

CONS

However, my least favorite aspect is the current state of AD HOC reports. Having integrated reports from Yardi Genesis (1996-2010s), I've noticed key functionalities missing in the current AD HOC reports. I believe that once these features are matched and mastered, Yardi Breeze will truly be the best of the best. Looking forward to continued improvements.

The integration would be easier going from a Yardi product to a Yardi Product

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Yardi no longer supported Genesis.

Suzanne

Reviewed March 2024

Worst business experience

Nightmare experience with no good results, still waiting for a refune

PROS

Nothing, from the initial set up full of mistakes, to inflexible accounting, launching properties for rent which should not be for rent, tenants can’t sign in, owners couldn’t find information on their properties—worst business experience

CONS

Everything, this software doesn’t provide one good thing

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Must have been a weak moment, we went back

Andrea

Reviewed April 2023

Small Town Breeze

I saw a huge time saver this past year with taxes and MN CRPs. The time we saved utilizing Yardi's software was astronomical.

PROS

Yardi is a one stop shop for my small town businesses needs. Everything we need to reference regarding a tenant, property or investor is all at our fingertips. No more sifting through paperwork or files!

CONS

We need an all inclusive app for all users. The web based site is not user friendly when I am out in the field.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

I have used both Appfolio and Buildium. The cost savings is huge. Also, the chat feature has come to be my new best friend.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

I bought and merged another property management company with mine at the beginning of 2022. The team I acquired with this acquisition was utilizing Yardi already and had a good grasp on its capabilities. It made sense to allow for their comfort in the transition to my company.

Adam

Accounting, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Yardi Breeze

As an accountant, my overall experience has been pretty uneven. When I'm trying to make a journal entry or reconcile a bank account, I find myself wishing my client was using QuickBooks. But when I'm recording an inter-entity transaction or looking at CAM charges, I'm grateful for Yardi. I just hope there is a unit within Yardi that's focused on developing the accounting side of the Breeze software, because overall it really is not up to par with respect to the rest of the industry.

PROS

Easy to list properties online for potential residents to find. Easy to set up online payment for residents. Customer support has been responsive and helpful. Some nice, innovative features on the property management side of the software.

CONS

The accounting side of the software is pretty weak and clunky compared to competitors. There's no way to set up bank feeds, so cash reconciliations are 100% manual. The way banks are paired with GL accounts is convoluted and difficult to set up and understand. You can attach documents to payables and receivables (great!) but not to general journal entries (why not?). There is no way to customize basic financial reports in the way you would in software like QuickBooks. Customer support chat feature doesn't work with my company but other companies' chat features (e.g. Intuit) work just fine. Navigation is clunky - it often takes several clicks to get where you need to go. There is a "Favorites" feature that allows you to create your own list of frequently visited areas in the software, but that in and of itself is pretty clunky and confusing, and I shouldn't have to set up favorites in well-designed software. I've had weird errors here and there that customer service couldn't explain and that were solved using a silly workaround (such as removing a couple of lines from a journal entry and putting them into a separae entry). There is no way to "hard close" your books for a given period, so there is nothing stopping a user from posting transactions into a closed period, so if you're a company that needs to get an audit, don't use Yardi. Overall, the accounting side of this software feels like a beta test - it's pretty good, but it's not quite fully baked.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

It wasn't my call. My predecessor decided that the client would not be able to manage their numerous inter-entity transactions properly in QuickBooks. My opinion is that my predecessor didn't try hard enough, or didn't fully understand what QuickBooks could do. If I had been involved with this client from the beginning, and if I had known more about Yardi's clunky functionality ahead of time, I would have kept them on QuickBooks.

Hi Adam, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comprehensive feedback and hope you continue to enjoy Breeze's marketing, leasing and property management functionality, as well as our customer support. In the meantime, we're constantly making improvements to our platform. That's one reason we came out with Breeze Premier earlier this year. We'll follow up with you directly, but in short, the accounting functionality you identified is missing is in fact available in Breeze Premier. Attachments to journal entries are available in Breeze and Breeze Premier, and auto-matching for bank reconciliations, custom reporting and the ability to hard close your books are available in Breeze Premier. Our customer service experts would be happy to troubleshoot why live chat is not working for you; it's a great, free feature and we want you to be able to take advantage of it. Hope this helps! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied October 2020

Erica

Reviewed April 2020

Great Software!

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been mostly positive. I do find that when there is an issue that someone doesn't understand it take a long time to get a response. I truly believe that if you utilize your users with experience to explore new patches before launching you could head off a lot of issues. The most recent patch has created some issues that we are still trying to get fixed.

PROS

Yardi Breeze has many different functions and makes running our properties and updating our tenants very easy. The platform is easy to use and also easy to access being completely cloud based.

CONS

There are several areas that could use improvements, just small improvements that would make a big diffrence.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

Yardi Breeze was newer and more cost effective, I was also familiar with the Voyager platform.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Customer service and functionality.

Hi Erica, Thank you for your review! I'm glad Breeze has been easy for you to learn and use, but sorry that your experience hasn't been perfectly seamless. We do our best to patch 99% of issues prior to launch, but that's also why we keep a globally based IT staff on hand to help whenever necessary. Please reach out to us via live chat or call your client support team directly if you are still having issues. We want you fully operational as soon as possible. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied May 2020

Raini

Reviewed October 2023

Like it but could improve!

Overall, I give Yardi Breeze a 5/10. Our demo was very misleading. There isn't any type of 1 on 1 training, which after two demos, we were still under the impression that there would be. We feel that there is important information not displayed on tenant profiles. It would have been nice to have some kind of timeline outlined and given to us about where we should be and when we should be there. Right now everything just feels stuck in limbo and we have no idea if we're ahead or behind.

PROS

It seems easy to navigate and I like the live Webinar's. (When they don't get cancelled.)

CONS

During our demo, the salesman kept referring to our "trainers" as trainers when in fact, they are not trainers and instead implementers. Our company was under the impression that we would have legit training for several hours a week and it would be 1 on 1 with an actual person. Our old software was 1/4 the price of Yardi and they provided 12 hours of training a week to get us situated in their software. We feel like we are navigating Yardi alone and are scared to make any changes when we don't have someone telling us they are right or wrong. Also, I've had Webinar's get cancelled and then not scheduled again for two weeks which makes me feel like I'm in a two week stand still and unable to move forward.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

ResMan's Accounting practices did not align with ours.

Stacey

Yardi Breeze for Property Management Company

The customer service team is great, if they don't know the answer right away they will let you and get back to you before the end of the day with an update.

PROS

I like how easy it is to track tenant payments and maintenance requests.

CONS

I like least about Breeze the fact that they are developed for property owners not property managers so I spend extra time off setting expenses that are set in Yardi Breeze to pay out the owner not the management company. This not only creates extra work but adds items on the owners monthly statements that they question.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Cost and I was told that the accounting was better on Yardi Breeze, unfortunately that is not the case.

Danielle

Reviewed May 2020

One stop Software that's simple to use!

PROS

The ability to have a corporate website that integrates with this software allows us to update our available units for advertising in one place. It also allows us to also easily collect and retain prospect information in one place. The chat feature is great to contact support when required.

CONS

The feature I am missing most in this software is the ability to pay vendors through the online payments option. It would also be great is this version of Yardi had the ability to be compatible with The Lift System for additional advertising requirements.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

The ability to manage commercial property in the software. The simplicity of the product and it's ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Genesis was no longer available.

Hi Danielle, It's great to hear that Breeze is helping you manage your marketing and leasing activities in one place. I'm also glad you mentioned the need for vendor payment options. We have new vendor management tools available with Breeze Premier, which is built on the same platform as Breeze. I'll have a colleague reach out to show you what it can do. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied June 2020

1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Tough transition, but great overall experience

PROS

The ability to do both property management and accounting makes Yardi Breeze a great choice. We were using Quickbooks before and it just wasn't strong enough on the property management side.

CONS

It took a bit to get used to Yardi, after using Quickbooks for so long. Yardi's accounting functions aren't quite as robust as Quickbooks, but once we got the hang of things, it's been very productive.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Quickbooks just didn't offer the property management options that Yardi does.

Lisa

Reviewed January 2021

Inefficient and Exhausting

The overall experience since day 1 of using this product has been ABSOULTELY TERRIBLE. At this point my team and I are extremely exhausted. We were very hopeful when signing that this would automate some tasks and make the multi-family side of our business much easier to maintain. However, it has been the complete opposite. Processes that were simple in previous software have become much more time consuming and inefficient. I truly believe this is an immature software and should not have been released to the public yet. Steer clear, people. Go with something else.

PROS

Breeze seems to have a nice "look" and is more user friendly to navigate. There are multiple ways to get to certain screens.

CONS

The accounting on this software is not efficient. We've ran into so many issues and nobody seems to have an answer for basic features that this software is lacking. During the sales process, we were ensured this was THE BEST software on the market for Multi-Family managers. However, Breeze does not even allow owner draws to be sent Via EFT over $25,000. We have multiple multi-family properties whose draw is consistently double or triple that amount. Breeze does NOT function in multiple tabs or windows. If we are in the middle of a process but need to go double check a number, we have to exit and start all over once verifying. Breeze also lacks the ability to split late fees or application fees with the properties, which both of the other software's we have used were capable of doing. Receipts posted in a batch do NOT post to tenants ledgers until the batch is posted, meaning we either have to have a ton of batches per day or a tenant who pays in the morning does not get that to show on their ledger until the batch is posted at the end of the day. There is no tenant credit button. If you want to issue tenant credits, you have to enter a negative charge - but the kick is that negative charges do NOT automatically apply. Meaning, each month once charges are posted you have to go search for those negative charges and manually apply them. That's IF your monthly charges post automatically. We've had two consecutive months of our automated tasks not working.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Sales made this seem like a great solution. We have since found the exact opposite.

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your feedback. With the capabilities your business seems to require, perhaps the more advanced Breeze Premier would have been the better solution. I'm going to check in with our sales and services teams to see if we can find a solution to the challenges you outlined. We will do everything in our power to make this right. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied March 2021

Patrice

Reviewed May 2020

Yardi Breeze

We love that our tenants are able to pay online, this is so helpful with ones who are behind.

PROS

The transition to Yardi Breeze was so smooth. We were able to start using right away.

CONS

There were some reports that we were used to using that are not in Breeze. Also, having to add all the CAM Charges was a little hassle.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We decided to switch because how easy the program was. Also, we love that it is cloud based and everything is real time. We love the fact that we can have as many users as we want. Our biggest reason to switch to Breeze was because our tenants would be able to use the tenant portal to pay online.

Hi Patrice, I'm glad to hear that Breeze is working out for you and your tenants. It sounds like you may have questions about a few features. If you'd like to discuss them, I can have a client service expert reach out to you. In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy Breeze! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied May 2020

Reviewed April 2023

Software that's actually a Breeze

PROS

Easy to use and all of the functionality needed to be one of the top

CONS

There is nothing that I really dislike about Breeze.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Better overall functionality with more options and services.

Marty

Best software !

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been a solid 10/10. This platform has truly impressed me in various ways: User-Friendly Interface: Yardi Breeze's interface is incredibly intuitive. Whether I'm a property management veteran or just starting out, it's easy to navigate and use, which has made my work a lot smoother. Productivity Enhancement: The dashboard is a productivity powerhouse. It covers an extensive range of property management tasks, from tenant screening to financial reporting. This comprehensive feature set has allowed me to centralize my operations, saving time and making me more efficient. Automation Excellence: The automation features have been a game-changer. They've minimized manual work and reduced the risk of errors, making my day-to-day tasks more efficient and hassle-free. Customizable Dashboard: The ability to personalize the dashboard to suit my specific needs is a standout feature. I can focus on the tasks and information that matter most to me, which has streamlined my workflow. Outstanding Support: Yardi Breeze's customer support and training resources are top-notch. They've been instrumental in helping me maximize the platform's potential. Scalability and Integration: Yardi Breeze is adaptable, catering to businesses of different sizes. It seamlessly integrates with other systems and services, allowing me to grow my property management operations. In sum, my experience with Yardi Breeze has been nothing short of exceptional. It's made my property management tasks easier, more efficient, and highly productive. A solid 10/10 rating is well-deserved.

PROS

What I appreciate the most is its combination of ease of use and the productivity it offers through its dashboard. The intuitive user interface and clean design make navigating and using the platform a breeze, whether you're new to property management or experienced in the field. It's very user-friendly. Moreover, the platform's comprehensive set of features covers a wide range of property management tasks, from tenant screening to financial reporting. This versatility allows me to centralize and streamline my property management processes, which significantly boosts productivity. The automation features are a game-changer, as they help me reduce manual work and the associated risk of errors. This, in turn, makes my daily tasks more efficient and frees up my time for other important activities. The ability to customize the dashboard is another standout feature. I can tailor it to display the information and tasks that are most relevant to my specific needs, making it highly efficient for my day-to-day work. Yardi Breeze's excellent customer support and training resources ensure that I can make the most of the platform, and the scalability and integration options mean that it can grow with my business. In a nutshell, what I like most about Yardi Breeze is that it provides a professional, user-friendly, and efficient solution for property management, making my job easier and more productive.

CONS

I have no cons. I don't know how to reply to this question.

Lindsey

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Best Software for Commercial Property Management

YARDI is my number one choice and I have used a lot of software

PROS

YARDI is very easy to use and has everything that I need to manage both commercial and residential properties. They were very competitively priced compared to all the other software I looked at but they had many more benefits than others. I love the chat feature for help!

CONS

The tenant rent cafe through residential sometimes has problems setting up new tenants.

Hi Lindsey, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

Replied August 2022

Jocelyn

Reviewed July 2021

Breeze is so much easier to navigate

The staff are all very friendly and helpful and know the system really well. They know the answers to questions almost all the time or will find the answer and get back to me.

PROS

We converted from Gen2 version to Breeze and it's so much easier to use. Navigating the software is user-friendly and makes sense. It's so easy to scan rent payments on my phone for deposit and much quicker. Love that I can attach invoices to my payables so it's easy to look up later.

CONS

The chat feature on the system isn't actually available very often. Most the times when I click on it, it say it's unavailable and then you have to email. It usually takes a day to get an answer back via email.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Yardi wasn't improving Gen2 any longer and the program was hard to use and navigate so we wanted to switch!

Hi Jocelyn, It's great to hear the Gen2 to Breeze upgrade went exactly as planned. We have been switching users over for exactly the reasons you state. The live chat service should be available during most working hours, but in the event that it's not, your question will go to email. I'm not sure if it's just bad timing that you're getting the chat less frequently, but we are actively growing our support team to better accommodate everyone who needs assistance. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied September 2021

10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2019

All-In-One Leasing Solution for Apartment Management

Overall, our team loved using Yardi. It was the software we used from when we first opened and helped us lease the entire community within the span of 12-14 months. Besides the few cons listed above, the pros definitely outweighs it. I'd suggest giving Yardi a shot if you've never used it before.

PROS

Our team loved using Yardi for our lease up which was about 250 units in total. I loved how user-friendly and easy it was when it came to adding in new prospect information and also sending out marketing information to them via the software. It doesn't take very long and saved me a ton of time when it came to outbound marketing. I also loved how it typically doesn't lag out on me when I'm pulling up current and past resident information. I've worked at a property before where residents would get upset, because I wasn't able to provide them with the information they needed fast enough as the system we had would freeze all the time.

CONS

There are quite a few pop-up