All Yardi Breeze Reviews

Carol

Eagle Summit Properties LLC Yardi Advocacy

I love being able to quickly post all accounting elements. Again, as one gets comfortable with all the functionality, it is so efficient. I also love how being on the cloud, allows one to share the files with CPAs or Lease Administrators etc. I have hardly had to travel to any professional's offices on most accounting issues pertaining my company.

Pros

The Accounting Software for my company has been crucial. There were many parts with which to get acquainted but with the constant assistance of the Chat Widget it was incredibly incremental and learning was continual. It is like anything else one wants to master. Ten thousand dedicated hours will get you to Breeze through Breeze ;-).

Cons

There were a few glitches. I encountered one with the Receivables where I could not see them and had to manually post unable to use the Future Monthly Charges. The team was diligent in solving the issue. It was a bit intimidating to think that the data would be deleted.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Breeze

I've knows about Yardi for a long time. I was intimidated to use it. It is hard for me to learn watching videos. I am a kinesthetic learner. The Chat widget allowed me to execute the program guided by the associates and my mind captured the functionality with mor efficiency. I don't know how the other programs tutor their members but Yardi has done a great job with this resource. I have truly benefited from it.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Quick Books is not set up for the Real Estate Industry. It is mostly for Inventory. My previous accounting firm did a good job adapting QBO for the Real Estate accounting. The problem is that it ended there. QBO does not provide you with the ability to record Lease Terms. Reminders on Rent Escalations. ETC.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Carol, There are so many kinesthetic, "hands-on" learners like you, and we wanted to accommodate everyone's learning style with our videos, Help Center and chat support. I'm happy to hear that our team was able to walk you through the software when necessary. One of the benefits of chat is that we get to hear about little issues quickly and resolve them. Please keep letting us know about your experience and keep enjoying Breeze! Thanks for the great feedback. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied June 2020

LVPM Review

It is quite a long list, mostly it is about efficiency and reliability which is allowing us to grow and manage the growth without having the usual system problems that go along with that.

Pros

There are three things that stand out, Online Payments with RentCafe is very easy to set up and tenant love it, we have 100% adoption for online payments. The Owner Portal has had much bigger impact that we expected, we several owner who outside the country and in other states, having not a document repository but not having to send tons of emails, the owners can review documents on their schedule and they know where to locate agreements, insurance policies, etc. Lastly, generating monthly could be easier!

Cons

Being a long Yardi Voyager user, not having the ability to export data into Excel for custom reports or special projects is something I would really like to see.

Rent Manager

Reasons for choosing Yardi Breeze

I have a been a Voyager client for many years, when I found Breeze was available and saw the features included, risk was eliminated from the decision.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Paul, It's great that you've been a Yardi user for so many years, and that your owners and tenants are all on board with Breeze. Since you have experience with our Voyager platform, you might be interested in exploring Breeze Premier. It's built on the same system as Breeze but includes more advanced features, such as custom reporting, that you might find of interest. Let me know if you'd like a client support expert to show you around Premier with a quick demo. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied June 2020

Seth

Heartburn inducing - go with something else

We are one of the larger residential pm companies in St. Louis and decided to enter the multi family realm. We use property ware for our single fans.and will continue to do so. I dont complain and I never write reviews but my team and I are defeated by this mess. The main driver for choosing yardi breeze was for the marketing/rent cafe/website element. So far, that seems to be the only redeeming aspect, but that doesn't even work properly. The system doesn't seem to be fully mature or ready and nothing works as it should. I would also say that for the customer service team as well. The main response to issues is "let me follow up with you on that". My team and I have never been so frustrated or defeated by a project or lack of progress with onboarding. We are exhausted. This thing doesn't even post auto-charges correctly! This is a simple property management task. There are too many problems to even name. Luckily, we have finally been assigned a tech([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) who knows what they are.doing,.but that took weeks to get done. Honestly a horrible onboarding experience and I would go with appfolio if I had to do it all over again.

Pros

It looks nice and is fairly intuitive to navigate.

Cons

Accounting is always glitchy. Doesn't autocharge as programmed Doesn't apply late fees as programmed The calendar feature doesn't sync with outlook/gmail Customer service doesn't answer any questions The staff.dowsnt seem like they are well trained, at all. Even the management. Overall,.the software seems like it was rushed to market Takes forever to get any answers on anything or have problems rectified Just a horrible experience

The marketing element.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Seth, I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good onboarding experience. That is not the experience that other clients have had or the standard to which we hold ourselves, so we'll certainly look into and learn from what happened. I'm glad that you now have a customer support expert who is performing to your expectations, but all of your software questions deserve thoughtful answers and clear solutions delivered in a timely manner. I am confident that we can help you through the marketing, calendar and accounting issues as you've described them. A Yardi executive will be reaching out shortly. Thank you for your feedback. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied January 2021

Patrice

Yardi Breeze

We love that our tenants are able to pay online, this is so helpful with ones who are behind.

Pros

The transition to Yardi Breeze was so smooth. We were able to start using right away.

Cons

There were some reports that we were used to using that are not in Breeze. Also, having to add all the CAM Charges was a little hassle.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We decided to switch because how easy the program was. Also, we love that it is cloud based and everything is real time. We love the fact that we can have as many users as we want. Our biggest reason to switch to Breeze was because our tenants would be able to use the tenant portal to pay online.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Patrice, I'm glad to hear that Breeze is working out for you and your tenants. It sounds like you may have questions about a few features. If you'd like to discuss them, I can have a client service expert reach out to you. In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy Breeze! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied May 2020

Jessica

Yardi Breeze Premier is a great starting point

I'm personally on the financial side of the company but have many years in Operations as well. Breeze has been perfect for our growing company. We have been able to efficiently run reports and maintain our properties on a daily basis. Our teams were able to learn the software easily as well.

Pros

Most of us at the company had previously used Yardi Voyager. As our company is still growing, Yardi Breeze Premier was a great point for us to start. There are many similarities to Voyager, so it was very easy to pick up. It had been some time since I had set up a property, but it was extremely easy in Breeze. The Help Center is amazing and videos are extremely helpful as well. Highly recommend!

Cons

There are some items that are not a part of Yardi Breeze that are in Voyager. This did not hinder us from being to complete what we needed, just added a few extra steps. Overall though the cons are extremely minimal.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Breeze

Most of our corporate team was familiar with Yardi and knew it was our best option.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We were not receiving the needed reports or ease of use with the previous product. Most of us had used Yardi products in the past and felt it was our best move going forward.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Jessica, Thanks for your feedback, and thank you for providing so much detail! That's amazing. Please keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

Replied August 2022

Michele

Introduction and decision to use Yardi Breeze for a "out of the box" project

My overall experience was exceptional from the first call with the sales team to our implementation specialist. I would highly recommend Yardi Breeze.

Pros

I found the ability to customize for a project that was not a typical end user for Yardi Breeze. Considering the complexity of our project, our implementation specialist was amazing and made the process a breeze!

Cons

The main downside of the Yardi Breeze was not having the banking integration, but it was my understanding it might become available in future updates.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Breeze

We tried the software for 30 days, the customer service was horrible and the software was not working for what we needed without a lot of work-arounds of which required customer service.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We needed the ability for financial accounting for multi-entities and property management.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Michele, It's great to hear that your experience has been exceptional! It sounds like accounting is an important part of the software for you, so I'm glad it stands up to other accounting programs and eliminates the need for them. Thanks for the feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Cathryn

Breeze Premier Review

We are happy with the software

Pros

Online payments for receiving rent and sending payments

Cons

no open API to integrate other products with Yardi

Reasons for choosing Yardi Breeze

Yardi has the most functions we look for and throughout the past year, Yardi has incorporated lots of our feedbacks and constantly have new features/upgrades

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We are looking for software with online payments options and tenant portals

Karen

YARDI NOT a Breeze

I tried but it's not user friendly.

Pros

Great, if you love accounting features.

Cons

If you're not using this think daily or have a person specifically using this software you'll get lost. Help is free up to a point and then they charge. Each service reps has a different way of maneuvering the software so it's even more confusing. They'll undone what the last rep did. Online help doesn't match up to current version so that's no help.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Breeze

Recommendation. They got back to me and followed up.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Karen, I hope we can continue to work with you to iron out some of the issues you're having. It's true that the accounting aspect is important to the software, because it eliminates the need for a separate accounting program. It's also great to hear our support team is still following up with you, and your feedback about the importance of providing consistent, helpful strategies to our users is well taken. Please use the live chat at any time during our service hours: It will always be free and unlimited. We'll continue to support you with anything you need. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Pamela

September 2022

Yardi Breeze is surprisingly easy

I went from Yardi Voyager to Yardi Breeze the transition was fairly simple. I enjoy Yardi Breeze much better because of the help button, the classes, the chat button, and even a zoom (when needed). It is great to have all of that support.

Pros

I like the CHAT button. It is great to be able to reach out to someone when you are stuck.

Cons

Being a new company, it would have been nice to get some training on the advanced things for me. I would like to know how to do the monthly reports and so on. I had some problems finding reports. (What they were called). For example, we need to know how to pull a rent roll, we need a report showing monthly move-in and Move outs, vacancies, etc. I found them but I either had to ask or found them when I was looking for something else.

I switched Jobs

Bob

Exhausting and Expensive

Nightmare that we can't wake up from.

Pros

Reports are excellent and the bookkeeping/accounting side have minimal trouble.

Cons

Breeze is everything but a breeze. It has been hands down the most clumsy, clunky system for property management. Everything is a add-on or needs to be enabled. It has been an uphill battle for those that use the software to manage properties. We are nearly one year with this software and can't get tenants from cradle to grave (guest card to move-in) through the system. Want to screen a tenant need to enable that which requires Yardi staff (who took over a week to get it on). Constantly being told - "do the training modules" which end up being different or you hit some enable snag that only Yardi can fix. Want to electronically sign documents (which you would think it would be baked into a PM program) nope, you have to buy an add-on. Want to communicate with tenants? They have to opt-in to your request instead of opt-out like Buildium or AppFolio. Maintenance staff can't use it and no good app for it. Tenants are either perplexed by the system or it requires tech support to get them enabled.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Bob, I'm sorry that this has been your experience. I've alerted our customer success team who will be looking into why the system isn't functioning as it should for you. If we are unable to find you due to the limited information available in your review, please email me and I will escalate accordingly. In the meantime, thank you for the feedback. I hope our team is able to rectify your concerns. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied December 2021

Linda

Great for keeping track of tenant receiveables and important lease dates

It's been a good product property management wise - what we had been lacking - but it falls short accounting wise. I wish there was a way to set security protocols for certain users to edit transaction in prior "closed" months. We are one owner and don't have to report to multiple clients - so editing past transactions to have clean books is a must. Reclassifying is a total pain.

Pros

Keeping track of lease dates, tenant receivables, security deposits, etc.

Cons

I really wish this was as easy to use accounting wise as QuickBooks. It really lacks a lot as far as editing transactions, playing bills from multiple accounts, etc. We are one owner with multiple properties and entities - we trade monies back and forth and find it very hard to do with Breeze alone - so many journal entries. We have to post to QB at the end of each month to keep correct records.

Cost.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We needed something to help bill tenant's rent monthly, keep track of lease dates, security deposits, etc.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Linda, I'm glad to hear that Breeze's property management system is working well for you. I also appreciate your feedback on accounting. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a client service expert to weigh in on some of your ideas. After learning more about your experience and areas of concern, we may be able to troubleshoot a few items quickly, or else introduce you to Breeze Premier, which has additional accounting functionality that may be of use to you. Thanks again for your thoughtful response. We'll be in touch soon! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied May 2020

Bart

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Software Review

I have had a good overall experience with Yardi Breeze. I admit I do not use every function possible for the software, but the ones have used have been a good experience.

Pros

Yardi Breeze is easy to use. We use it for property management software, tenant portal and reporting. Being able to produce reports as needed is very helpful to present to our investors and business partners.

Cons

Although chat availability for support is very helpful, I do whish at the beginning of using the software there was a support line you could call for any questions. It would have been helpful during set up.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Bart, It's great to hear Breeze is working for you, as well as your investors and partners. In fact, Breeze did come with 8 hours of free phone support as you got started. That support line should have been made available to you. If you want to check in on that, please reach out via live chat (this is the easiest method) or by email. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Lee

Absolutely love the software!

I was in the midst of adding commercial units into my portfolio, which is what brought me to Yardi Breeze. My overall experience was good.

Pros

As an owner with a portfolio of multi-family and single family units, there are a ton of features I like about this software. If i had to single out a few that were most important to me, I have to call out the ease of use, online support and customization. The system flows quite well going from function to function and is easy on the eyes. After a few hours in it, I was able to navigate fairly easy. The on-boarding agent assigned to me was great. Between her email communications and the online live support team, I got questions answered within minutes and the staff knows the product extremely well with the ability to explain things in a way this non-accountant minded person could understand. Lastly, the ability to customize labels and fields and pull reports from them was an unexpected surprise. I do not think there is anything one could come up with that Yardi Breeze cannot solve for.

Cons

I am one that will always run into something I do not like about a software because I am picky, however, there is nothing I dislike about the software.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Breeze

Initially, the appearance (easy on the eyes) and the tenant portal. What hooked me was the numerous other positives such as customization and flow of the product.

W Michael

Don't Rush to buy Yardi Breeze

On line chat support is usually readily available, but often times they could not address the issue and suggested we send feedback. It became apparent that some of these people are not really very knowledgeable about property management or accounting functions, or exactly how the program works. Very poor staff training. Had I the opportunity to go back in time, I would have stayed with Appfolio. This is our SIXTH PM software over the past 34 years, including RPM, the original YARDI Dos, Yardi for Windows, Promas, Appfolio and now Yardi Breeze. This is the worst, and it is clear was not ready to be brought to market.

Pros

It was about $150 per month less than Appfolio. We are a very small company and It was strictly the cost savings that prompted us to change. Beyond that, truly Appfolio is heads and shoulders over Yardi Breeze.

Cons

Where to begin -- here are just a few things. We were lead to believe that we would be able to pay owner monthly distributions by ACH or E-check. We submitted all the required documentation. When it came time to do our first owner check run, it wasn't happening. We were told we "didn't request this feature, which is nonsense, we did everything as instructed. We had to instead print paper checks, and tell each owner what happened. And now, it appears we will need to do paper checks again for February, because they are still monkeying around getting us this functionality. The owner statements are horrible, and will be the cause of much confusion. They list the opening balance at the top of the statement, and the closing balance at the bottom -- all good. BUT they then list the line items of income and expenses from LATEST to OLDEST, so the running balance is totally worthless, since it never reflects historically what the balance actually was after any particular trans action. The Tenant refundable deposits are co-mingled with the seller's funds, so you must explain to an owner that although it shows $xxxx.00 in their account, $yyyy.oo of that is tenant security and is not the owner's funds. The statement should show the owners funds, and perhaps a separate place on the statement showing current tenant security deposit being held in trust. When printing a check to a vendor, which may cover a number of invoices from a number of different owners or properties, there is no line item detail on the check stub -- just one bulk amount, which makes it impossible for the vendor and the management company to know exactly what part of the check is meant to be applied to which invoice. Oh, and there is no tax module for folks in Arizona or elsewhere if you need to collect and remit SALES tax charged monthly on the rent. We posed questions to Support about how to manage particular functions, and on occasion were told to ask our accountant! We weren't asking accouting questons, we knew what had to be done, but not how to do it on their system. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here for now

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Michael, We realize that it's been a while since you wrote this message, and we've been in contact with your team since then. Your experience references early versions of Breeze. We're happy to report the specific issues you raised have been resolved, and have been for some time. If you would like to see where our software is today, we'd be happy to walk you through it at any time. It is attention to client feedback that has helped make Breeze the platform it is today, with over 2,000 new clients in the last 12 months. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied September 2020