All MediaHQ Reviews

Stephen

Government Relations, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Sport Ireland - MEdia HQ review

Extremely good so far. Training/ onboarding was exceptional and ongoing support is great!

PROS

List management is very good. helps us keep track of our hundreds of partners, media contacts and internal stakeholders.

CONS

Uploading list to the software was not very easy.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with MediaHQ Stephen. We're glad to hear about our exceptional training and ongoing support and that our list management features have been helpful in keeping track of your contacts. We're sorry to hear that you experiences difficulty uploading lists, a member of our customer success team will be in touch for your feedback on how we can improve this process. We're always here to help if you have any questions or concerns.

Sharon

Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

A must have for PR professionals

Media HQ makes our job easier. We issue a lot of comms, I would say more than the average brand, so it's crucial we're reaching the right audience on the right topics and the analytics are very useful so we can see the open rate and the journalists most likely to cover. There are additional useful features that we really enjoy like the news feed etc.

PROS

MediaHQ's interface and ease of use is its best feature. Compared to other tools in the market it's much more user friendly and more importantly the database is up-to-date. MediaHQ is continuously improving its features also which is great to see.

CONS

Sometimes it can lag whilst waiting on a page to load, but that's more to do with my impatience than a problem with the service itself! UK lists could probably do with some building out overall.

Reason for choosing MediaHQ

Media HQ is the leader for us in terms of media distribution. It's reliable and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to MediaHQ

Meltwater's lists were so out of date that our comms were not landing - Media HQ's deliver rate is a lot higher and more accurate.

Adrienne

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great overall product and user experience

Very good experience - I would be lost without MediaHQ as it takes a whole swathe of potential work off my plate. I don't need to manage media lists, record my press releases or wonder if my release was opened, it's all there in one portal.

PROS

It provides a number of different resources, which I really like - access to media contacts, creation of lists, support writing press releases, post release analytics. It is a key tool in managing good engagement with media as a stakeholder. It is relatively easy to use and when I have a question, the support is excellent.

CONS

Sometimes the database does not have a media contact, even ones that would be well known. I would also like if I could add my own additional contacts when issuing a press release.

Thank you for sharing your review of MediaHQ. We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform to be a valuable resource for managing your media engagement effectively. Regarding your concern about the occasional absence of media contacts in our database and the desire to add your own contacts, we appreciate your feedback. We want to let you know that you can actually add your own contacts to MediaHQ using our "Own Contact" feature. A member of our team will be in touch with more details on how to utilise this feature to enhance your experience with MediaHQ. We're grateful for your support and loyalty to MediaHQ. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, our dedicated support team is here to help you every step of the way.

Cathy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2023

Good pruduct

Have used the product through the years - and features that were included in the MediaHQ when I started using the product 10 years ago are now are separated out and costed individually so it's getting more and more difficult to not feel price gouged. Training is a video and very little else. Useful to have influencers on the list hub too.

PROS

The list hub is a hugely useful resource. The product is really easy to use and scheduling of press releases is a very useful feature. The reporting tool is useful too.

CONS

There was no offer of integrating with an existing business product. Two step authentication is time consuming and not necessary. The list hub can be confusing. Lists can also be out of date - people have left, moved jobs or are not included. Title of people and where they work in large organisations would be useful.

Thank you for being a long-time user of MediaHQ and for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear that you find our product useful and easy to use. We appreciate your feedback on the integration of our product with other business tools, and we will take it into consideration as we continue to develop our offering. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with the list hub, and we will work to ensure that our lists are up-to-date and accurate. Thank you for your continued support of MediaHQ.

Conor

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Media HQ Review

Really good, it doesn't take long to get up to speed with it and is really beneficial for someone who regularly issues press releases

PROS

Range of contacts available, low rate of bouncebacks on emails, being able to schedule times for press releases.

CONS

Not much! There are a few contacts who aren't on it that would be useful to have on it but all is largely positive

Thank you for your insightful review of MediaHQ. We're thrilled to learn that you find our platform valuable for managing your media engagement effectively. We understand the importance of having a comprehensive database of contacts, and we appreciate your feedback regarding any missing contacts. If there are specific contacts you would like to see added to our database, please don't hesitate to contact our MediaHQ research team at research@mediahq.com. They'll be happy to assist you in expanding our contact list to better meet your needs.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

We'd be lost without Media HQ

The customer service is great. I feel like we are valued with regular check-ins from the Media HQ team. I don't feel like a faceless customer, which is a very unique feeling.

PROS

Media HQ makes my job easier. It's easy for us to send press releases and information to Media Contacts. The analytics are incredibly helpful for me in communicating my department's efficacy to our Senior Management Team. It also allows us to tailor our approaches moving forward.

CONS

I wouldn't say I like the price point, but I understand why it needs to be so expensive.

Amy

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

One-stop resource for key PR contacts

PROS

MediaHQ has been an invaluable resource for our team. We've been able to compile PR lists quickly and easily and it gives us a single point for management of our press releases and versioning. The support team have been quick to respond whenever we've had a question. Overall, it has saved us many manhours of time compiling and managing lists and distributing press releases.

CONS

We haven't had any major issues. I would like to take more advantage of the AI features that have been introduced. Possibly a little light on some of the trade titles but the customer service team have been very responsive when I've suggested additions to the database.

Thank you for your review of MediaHQ. We're thrilled to hear that our platform has been an invaluable resource for your team and that our support team has been responsive to your needs. We appreciate your feedback on the AI features and trade titles. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Replied June 2024

CaitrĂ­ona

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Media HQ Review

Very Good - will continue to use regularly Customer support excellent

PROS

Contact search ability List creations for different genres, new stores Ability to schedule

CONS

Images can only be under 1MB to upload - I have to resize images often

Thank you for your valuable feedback on MediaHQ. We're delighted that you're finding our platform beneficial for your media outreach needs. Regarding your concern about image uploads, we'd like to clarify that the 1MB limit only applies to embedding images within press releases for delivery reasons. However, you can include images up to 10MB as attachments in your press releases. We hope this information helps streamline your experience with MediaHQ. Should you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you every step of the way.

Reviewed June 2024

Easy to use and navigate

It has been great so far. I think that there are features that I have not yet used and I am excited to explore.

PROS

It is user friendly and the support from the MediaHQ team is great- they respond quickly to queries.

CONS

There are features that I have not used and was unaware of. Maybe a guide of everything that MediaHQ can do would be great.

Thank you for your review of MediaHQ. We're glad to hear that you find our platform easy to use and that our support team has been responsive. We appreciate your suggestion for a comprehensive guide on all features. We're excited for you to explore more of what MediaHQ has to offer. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Replied June 2024

Arlen

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Media HQ review

PROS

The ease of access, the contact updating feature, pre-made lists, search and email distribution were all very good

CONS

can sometimes be slow when pressing return to search - only thing I can think of so I'm nitpicking

Thank you for your review of MediaHQ. We're delighted to hear that you appreciate the ease of access, contact updating feature, pre-made lists, and email distribution. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Catherine

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Kilkenny County Council Communications Department Review

Mediahq has taken a considerable amount of work out of the circulation of Press Releases for Kilkenny County Council. Being an organisation with a number of different departments and service areas and our Communications is centralised, this software allows us to manage our media communications in an efficient and structured manner. The Customer Service in Mediahq has been excellent.

PROS

Ease of Use.Current and up to date data.Allows reporting on how Press Releases Perform.

CONS

I would like if the package would provide an overall report on Press Releases performance and maybe categorise into the different departments.

Aoife

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Streamlined media management for busy communications professionals

Overall the service itself is easy to use, manage and maintain. Customer service is excellent and training is provided efficiently and effectively.

PROS

Media HQ reduces the need to build and maintain extensive contact databases on excel spreadsheets and other (potentially confusing) systems. The Media HQ team does that job on your behalf, staying up to date on the comings and goings within the industry, so that you can be assured you're chasing the right journalist for the right story.

CONS

For small and non-profit organisations operating on tight budgets the cost of the service risks becoming prohibitive, and increases on an annual basis. 'Extras', including additional user licenses, come at a fee, and unless an individual or company is making use of the service on a very frequent basis the value-for-money element needs to be questioned.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Media HQ! We're thrilled to hear that our streamlined media management system has helped you stay on top of industry contacts without the hassle of maintaining spreadsheets and other systems. We're glad to hear that you found our customer service and training to be excellent. We believe that providing top-notch support is key to helping our customers get the most out of Media HQ. If you have any other suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team.

Glen

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2023

MediaHQ - An honest review

I like MediaHQ, I think it's a very useful tool overall. When looking for the correct personal it is very helpful and saves so much time than having to do this manually.

PROS

MediaHQ offers plenty of helpful features, but one standout advantage is the media contacts lists. These lists provide a comprehensive and up-to-date database of media professionals and journalists which proves to be a fantastic resource. The ability to search and breakdown these lists into subcategories enhances the usability further. This feature allows you to narrow down your outreach efforts to specific geographic regions for example. ensuring that my message reaches the right audience.Having access to accurate and organised media contact information makes all the difference in our campaigns.

CONS

One aspect that MediaHQ lacks is the absence of media monitoring capabilities. Unlike some competitors that combine media lists with media monitoring functionalities, MediaHQ focuses primarily on providing an extensive database of media contacts and outlets.While MediaHQ's main strength lies in its comprehensive media contacts lists and the ability to categorise them effectively, the absence of media monitoring is a slight limitation as this is what I would like to see.

Donna

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Great service

For contact management and scheduling - it's amazing.

PROS

Media HQ saves so much time by streamlining list management.

CONS

There's nothing I don't like, there's some functions I don't use.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear that MediaHQ has been a great service for you and that you've found our list management tools to be helpful. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue providing you with a valuable tool for your PR needs.

Fiona

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

This product is vital for my company!

Brilliant customer service, easy to use software and a trusted brand

PROS

I love that it's so easy to use and that I can send out a press release that can reach hundreds of journalists and radio/TV producers quickly. It helps with rapid brand awareness.

CONS

The media monitoring at a cheap rate would be a good tag-along feature

Reasons for switching to MediaHQ

It was far too expensive for what we were getting in terms of the service and software

Thank you for your kind review! We're thrilled to hear that MediaHQ has been vital for your company and that you find it easy to use.

Roisin

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Saves time

It definitely saves me time when issuing releases. It's great to have tailored lists. But it's an expensive service for a small company.

PROS

Lists feature make management easy. Scheduling is very handy. Can issue to large volumes quickly. Very responsive out customer service

CONS

Slow to save contacts. Some out of date contacts. Expensive or small PR company. Would be good if you could share a login with a colleague when you are on annual leave.

Sam

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great programme, accessible learning curve

PROS

Very easy to use and to send press release out to hundreds of media contacts simultaneously.

CONS

When trying to send a test email of a drafted press release, I think there should be an alert that comes up to say 'Your test email could not be sent because you have left a field blank.' However, if I have indeed left a field blank (which I have accidentally done a few times), it looks as if the test email has been sent and I'm then left wondering why it hasn't arrived. It's a small gripe!

Thank you for sharing your review of MediaHQ. We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform to be a great program with an accessible learning curve. We appreciate your feedback regarding the process of sending test emails for drafted press releases. Your suggestion for an alert notifying users of blank fields before sending the test email is valuable, and we'll certainly take it into consideration for future improvements to enhance user experience. If you ever have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Jack