Browse Prezly Reviews

brian from Nashville Publicity Group

Best software out there!

I only wish I had discovered it sooner!

Pros

So easy to use. After 20+ years using ACT!, making this change was the best decision I ever made!

Cons

There are no con's to using Prezly... Not one.

Reasons for Switching to Prezly

How could I not after seeing all that Prezly had to offer!

Jane from JC Communications

A Great Alternative To Email Blast Systems

The team is supportive and helpful and customer service is top notch.

Pros

I had been sending out press releases for years using Constant Contact and iContact but was introduced to Prezly by a business associate. I think it is a great option to manage all PR contacts on multiple lists, tag them by media type or client, set up newsrooms, add in photography and blast out. You can also track who is opening your releases and pitches.

Cons

Some of the features don’t really work like seeing who is clicking through to a client website or who has opened pitches but I am sure they are working on that.

Reasons for Switching to Prezly

Customer support was horrible and just too many software issues like losing documents you spent hours working on. That NEVER happens with Prezly!

Déborah from Porter Novelli

August 2015

Prezly is the easiest solution to manage press and bloggers data

For now on, I'm only using Prezly as a database (not as a way to send press releases). Why is it so? Because I still miss some functionalities to be able to do so. We're working as a team on different client, and sometimes, I'd like my colleagues to have a look at the list of journalists/bloggers I selected. With Prezly, it is not possible to save a list, make comments and tracked adaptations. I also miss a place to put the unique visitors/month for a blog (not ideal to use the comments sections). Anyway, Prezly is really easy to use! Everything is logical and well designed.

Response from Prezly

Replied August 2015

Thank you for the feedback Déborah. Excellent suggestion for the lists. This is in the pipeline. Soon you'll also be able to see extra info for the outlet domains.

Justin F. from iVaxed

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Prezly is a PR solution from novice to pro.

Pros

Being able to add stories is one thing, but to add video or pictures to your story is a game changer.

Cons

I’m all about organization. That means utilizing categories to help flow is necessary, but categories are not available on the first tier level plan of newsrooms. Instead I have to come up with other ways to make categories within a program that makes them. It adds time to the process.

Reasons for Choosing Prezly

Price and no hassle Sales. Additionally I love the fact that they made their services available to freelancers or those who cannot necessarily afford it the very expensive solutions that are out there. This sets Prezly apart by being able to offer a solution to anyone who needs one. I also love how they highlight those who came up for uses of Prezly outside the original scope. For example, I think utilizing Prezley for a portfolio solution or a intranet platform is brilliant. Thanks for sharing that and kudos to you, Prezly.

Rawad from Arab Image Foundation

Prezly

We are a small non-profit organization that needed to create and maintain communication with different audiences: funders, donors, team, community, media, other institutions, etc. Prezly gave us the opportunity to communicate with all of these audiences using a simple and smart interface.

Pros

The software is in constant update and upgrade, this is important. Ease of creating content. Possibility to create newsrooms in different languages. Mailbox integration. Contact enrichment.

Cons

Not being able to customize the captions of images. Not being able to create columns easily without going back to a developer. Not being able to create permissions for newsrooms (newsrooms accessed through a password only).

Reasons for Choosing Prezly

Customer service, flexibility in plans, a simple interface, multiple newsrooms.

Valentina from CAMRON

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

The software that streamline our work

Using Prezly really streamlines our work. We can send press releases tailored to very selected distribution lists saving us time and helping us being more targeted. Also, we have cut down on email traffic since we switched to Prezly and the software is key to assess who is very much engaged with our news and the content we push out and who isn't!

Pros

Prezly is extremely easy to use and clear. I love being able to have all of our media contacts in one place and to keep them incredibly organised. Also, I appreciate that newsrooms are available so that our clients' latest and past releases can all be easily found and shared with the appropriate journalist, also through Prezly.

Cons

It would be useful to add in the possibility to add WeChat's profiles for the media based in China as this is the main channel used for communication.

Reasons for Switching to Prezly

As a company, we just needed a more streamlined software that was not just a database.

Angela from Doctors Without Borders (MSF) Southern Africa

Prezly lightens my load

We are saving time by using Prezly, we are distributing huge files without worries of them bouncing back and we are easily targeting the right audience by using Prezly. We have used Prezly for more more than 3 years now and we are happy with the service as well as the support from the team.

Pros

I use various features on Prezly but of these, the most impactful ones are the media tags, email campaigns and emailer open rate reports. Gone are the days when I would have to pitch to each and every journalist on my contact list via email. Prezly has lightened my load by creating tags that I use to send timely, relevant content to very specific journalists interested in a particular subject rather than spraying and praying the content will be used. Prezly has also helped to send bigger multimedia files at once including videos, audio, photographs, press releases, or graphics without worrying about the size of the file. You cannot do this with emails, hence Prezly has come in handy. To add a cherry on top, Prezly gives reports on how an email campaign was received by the recipients. This helps me follow up with journalists who will have opened the campaign with much confidence and ask if they will publish the content or if they are interested in getting more information or doing interviews.

Cons

I have not personally worked with segments much, so it's one area I would love to try out at some stage. I have also often asked if there is a way Prezly can have an all-in-one package where they also offer media monitoring for the emailers we send out in terms of the actual coverage from media outlets. The reason is that it becomes costly for us to then source out the media monitoring service to another company, but if Prezly can have this service as well that would be appreciated.

Filippo from Eidos

Prezly

Pros

I started use Prezly 5 years ago and since that day, my working life has literally changed! I work on pr and media relations. I use Prezly everyday and it gives me the opportunity of managing contents and relations in a very effective way, saving a lot of time. I really appreciate the continue work in developing the system in order to find always new solutions for improving the platform. I highly recommend it!

Cons

I have to admit that there is nothing i would change or that I don't like . The Prezly team always work to improve the platform and they are always open to listen users feedbacks.

Nissanka from M C Medisoft

Prezly knows what PR is

the current features are fairly effective for successful PR campaigns and the cost is fairly reasonable. The backing of support team too is satisfactory.

Pros

the contacts building feature of Prezly is fairly modern and effective for a PR platform. Plezly have understood the importance of this feature (after all communications are with and for people who are our potential customers) and have given a lot of weight on building a profitable client base. Building relationships with the right contacts eventually leads to broadening the client base through references by existing contacts. Its good that Prezly have identified the importance of this fact. The media management feature too is creatively incorporated to publish and share effective and attractive press releases. Ability to create personalized multimedia pitches and campaigns, news rooms etc. are all features what are expected of a PR platform and Prezly have professionally incorporated them in order to conduct awareness campaigns among our prospective clientele thereby maximize our sales revenue.

Cons

doesn’t see any feature that we dislike, however in time with the help of customer suggestions many additional features will evolve for the benefit of the users.

Ama from PRM-GLOBAL

Prezly Review

Very impressed with the service so far, it has been an essential tool for our company to date.

Pros

Great platform for hosting press materials and very easy to use.

Cons

There is a limited amount of customisation that is currently allowed on the platform, but still it provides great options to tailor a newsroom and publish stories.

Ryan from DeSoto & State Communications, Inc.

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Prezly earns you more media (closes more deals) and keeps your clients happy.

Prezly makes it easy to pitch EVERY DAY. The service is second-to-none and vastly better than the previous product we switched from.

Pros

Prezly is a CRM sales tool for media outreach - I earn more media / close more deals. It is intuitive, the user experience is thought through very well, the campaign reporting function saves me time by showing me which media has engaged with my pitches so I don't waste time following up on the media who haven't, and functions well on mobile devices.

Cons

My team has not encountered any problems in our 2+ years using Prezly. I would like to see Prezly develop a coverage recap tool.

Reasons for Choosing Prezly

I was impressed with Prezly's thoroughness. The product literally addresses every media outreach and contact management need of a PR firm. The price is directly in line with the value it delivers. The customer service is unmatched.

David from PixelShift

Prezly makes my business function

Since we signed up for Prezly, I’ve spent time giving feedback to their product development team and they’ve been great at implementing features, squashing bugs, and making improvements.

Pros

My company provides media relationship services to several clients, including a large electronics manufacturer. We use Prezly all day, every day. We track coverage, send out press releases (with galleries and embedded videos and downloads), we make pitches, we track addresses and changes to staffing in the media. We would not be able to function as well without Prezly—we’d have to cobble together several other services to get most of the features.

Cons

We’d like to see them add a coverage tracking reporting system, but know they’re working on it as part of their long term goals.

Keith from LJMU

Great platform for PR trainees, students and seasoned professionals alike.

Pros

We were searching for a platform we could work with in order to teach our students how to write press releases in the social media ages. Such was the largely negative response that we received from Prezly's competitors that I funded my own simple app. Then Prezly came along and they recognised that our students could well be customers of the future. Prezly is intuitive, comfortable to use and extremely powerful as a one stop PR shop. Support is excellent. Even when we had a glitch on billing, they restored access at the weekend immediately upon the ticket being raised. I have no hesitation in recommending Prezly to any forward thinking PR agency or indeed trainer like myself.

Cons

At first I felt that the contact building element was not quite as strong as the competition, but then again Prezly is GDPR friendly and it is a case of building your own contacts. Otherwise spamming hundreds of contacts is simply unethical and doesn't work as a tactic anyway. Possibly it could be improved with a press release template wizard and maybe the equivalent for feature/blog writing. What is for sure that the team listens and acts. So I am sure these features will come on board eventually if enough of us request them.

Lydia from Getsafe

Good starter software

Good solution that has all the must-have functions that a PR database needs. Would be great if you could also search for journalists

Pros

easy to use! you can synchronise it with your email account. Nice to have an overview of opening rates and reply rate. Easy to import and export excel sheets with journalist details, easy option to filter and create segments

Cons

Attachments don't look great in emails, it is difficult to insert smaller pictures or logo of company. Also, the analysis ans monitoring of campaigns could be better and illustrated visually

Wim from Whyte Corporate Affairs

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Prezly - an essential feature for media database management

- long-term experience with the software (over 5 years) - happy to see a Belgian startup grow up to an international platform - very user-friendly interface - it's almost self-explicatory - very responsive client service team - you can easily reach out via chat and they really react fast - constant developments and improvements make Prezly's added value increase with each new release

Pros

- great overview of data per contact, easy to update with new info - in general a very user-friendly interface - very responsive client service team

Cons

- lack of personalisation options when sending stories out, however this improved a lot with the new story editor - when merging two contacts, it's not always clear which info will be kept

James from Mura Innovations

Versatile software for modern approach to PR and Link Building

We stumbled across Prezly when searching for a way to execute SEO link building with a PR-style broadcasting model. We needed something that could deal with powerful multimedia, management of contacts and a personal touch. Prezly was everything we needed.

Pros

Prezly is a fantastic bit of kit that takes out all the pains of managing a traditional PR operation. Dealing with hi res images, links, videos, assets and copy has never been so easy, both for the PR team and the influencers on the receiving end of the release. The CRM functionality also means that keeping track of relationships is swift and effective.

Cons

There's not much I dislike. Prezly is still feels like a start up so may not have all the functionality of other PR systems like Cision or Bullhorn but it's also 1/10th of the cost. Not just that but the Prezly team are very receptive to feedback and we've had great responses to our development suggestions.

Steve from Hummingbird Media, Inc.

Essential Tool for PR Professionals

Positive. We couldn't do our work without it.

Pros

The ability to create a customized newsroom with all of your stories in it is a very useful tool for engaging with media, and the ability to customize your database and utilize for campaigns has become part of our everyday processes.

Cons

Additional customization in the story templates would be appreciated so that we could add more content types (i.e. imbedded streaming music, etc.)

Daniella from Sennheiser

Prezly is a communications pro's best friend

Pros

The software is incredibly user friendly and intuitive. The Prezly team is really quick and always available, which was a huge help during my onboarding. The ability to manage and update contacts, develop content and issue press releases all on one platform is great. This is truly an all-in-one, streamlined PR solution.

Cons

The one area that could use improvement is the search functionality within the coverage tracker. This is a brand new capability, so I imagine it will be improved soon.

Response from Prezly

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the kind words Daniella!

Michelle from Reymond

Prezly Review

Prezly has made keeping track of our contacts and sending emails with lots of images much more organized. It's great to have a hub for everything.

Pros

Prezly has made storing contacts and sending out emails with many images a breeze. The new updates to the user-experience are fantastic.

Cons

At the moment, when creating a new Prezly story, the old story editor is the default option, forcing out to choose the new story editor afterwards - despite the 'new' story editor being out for months. I think the new editor should be the default option when starting a new story.

Mark from Belfry Theatre

Seamless / Easy to use / A time saver / Well thought out

Pros

I like that I can add all or most of our digital assets to the Story as I create it and that I can continually update it as our productions run.

Cons

There's just two things to note. One change I would make. The ability to design the emails that are sent out as stories. Depending on the release sometimes it's more important to highlight different assets within the Story. Two - Not-for-profit pricing. I know other not-for-profits who have looked at using Prezly but it was too pricey. I was under the understanding that when we signed up there was going to be a not-for-profit rate but I believe we are paying full price.

Bie from Flanders DC

User-friendly system that makes keeping in touch easy peasy

Pros

Prezly is a very user-friendly system. Uploading lists that you have made over the years, making attractive press files, selecting and contacting journalists, the system does it all. It's quick, it's updated regurlarly, the help desk is swift and friendly if ever you need them.

Cons

In the beginning (4 years ago), there were items that didn't feel very fluent. The help desk helped sort this out, and prezly changed those items over the years. I'm happy with this software.

Leila from Milexa Group

Great visual software

The visual press releases are helping us get coverage and the software itself is really easy to use.

Pros

It's so easy to make visual press releases and add images to your email - I work in the interior market and so being able to add images and videos to releases and emails is imperative to help tell the story.

Cons

It's tricky to split test headlines when emailing journalists as you have to separate campaigns. The likes of Buzzstream is much easier for this.

Anja from Flower & feet

Peachy Prezly!

With the newsroom I can now offer a platform for posting news to clients and for consulting/downloading to journalists. Managing media lists across multiple clients and distribution of news in a personalised way goes much faster and looks more professional. I especially appreciate the Prezly team's support and engagement in the PR industry, they really understand the dynamics and are fun to work with!

Pros

What I like most is that Prezly is very user-friendly and intuitive. Also the team is very supportive and open to improvements. Posting on newsroom and distribution is easy, the new log function for online and scanned coverage completes the circle of the PR process. Also the newsroom can be tied into the customer's website, which is a great feature as many companies are lacking this.

Cons

The database imports take some time, especially if you want to do this in a structured way. But once the addresses in their it works peachy!

Richard from Ingredent Communications Ltd

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Prezly is everything you need for your PR business

Prezly has made it super-easy to manage our PR database and to send press releases in a targeted way.

Pros

I love how Prezly has been created by people who really understand the needs of PR professionals. It's features and functionality are just right for our business.

Cons

There are no major negative issues with Prezly, in my opinion. It's really easy to use.

Rumyana from MSL

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

An easy tool for PR professionals

Pros

I like the most that I can easily organize my campaigns and use the data from the reports to track how our content is being perceived by the recipients. We use Prezly to distribute press release all the time and we find it a very time saving instrument.

Cons

I would like to have more option in creating the content - more editing tools and features.

Josh from COC

Prezly Review

Prezly provides everything a PR professional requires from a media campaign distribution standpoint. They have done their research and have identified every tool necessary to promote your brand. The way organizations conduct PR today is so different than what it was even just a few years ago - Prezly is constantly developing features and ideas to reflect that change in the industry. Most importantly, Prezly has one of the best customer services out there as they are quick and genuinely care. I work in North America and there has never been an issue with this Belgium-based company.

Linda from Craft Public Relations

We love using Prezly!

Updated media lists that we all have access to - it's the bread and butter of our industry in PR.

Pros

I love that we're able to build, and maintain, a database of journalists and publications that everyone on the team has access to - that we're also able to update in real time with the ever-changing media landscape.

Cons

I don't really dislike anything about this software to be honest!

Jonathan from ELECTRONEUM

Great solution for PR

Very pleased with the service. I cannot envision us moving to anything else, anytime soon.

Pros

The feature list ticked most, if not all, our requirements. The lower price point compared to other systems made Prezly even more attractive.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything. I'm very happy with Prezly.

Silke from Cortado Holding

Very easy to use, well thought-out solution for newsrooms

I was able to publish press information very easily without having to call on the help of the web team. This meant I was independent of other colleagues. It is really easy to use, and the result is nice.

Pros

In no time at all you can create an attractive newsroom with prezly, manage your journalists' addresses and send out press releases. The software can be operated intuitively. The support reacts to questions as fast as lightning.

Cons

I can't really think of anything negative.

Reasons for Choosing Prezly

It is really easy and comfortable to use.

Ben from Thomas More

Perfect for our needs

Pros

• Insights in open rate and click rate • Very easy to create a press reslease with all sort of integrations like YouTube video's and sociale media posts. • They keep adding new features with frequent updates • They respond very fast if you encouter a problem

Cons

• importing contacts can be complicated, but they are fixing that • In the beginning the software can be overwhelming (but they offer live demo's)

Sissi from greenbean

Easy, Innovative a win-win

It's a great tool both for a brand as well as for the media contacts.

Pros

How easy and appealing it is for a media contact to receive, experience and interact with the story Creating multi-media stories Managing contacts Have a nice newsroom linked to your website Manage all the PR/Influencers relations in one place

Cons

Managing contacts - tags... - is not too easy in particular if you manage global PR.

Míchel from Another Company México

Good platform

It has been pretty nice.

Pros

They constantly improve the platform and they are very kind.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to load some features.

Gerzayn from Alegra

Very powerful and useful tool for your media relations and external comms

I previously used Prezly when I worked at a Comms agency and it let us keep organized a +9k contacts collaborative database. Currently, I'm using it from an inhouse PR & Comms team, and we have been able to connect it with other tools of the digital marketing team in order to contribute to our digital acquisition strategy.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and lets you keep organized and updated your media database as it's on the cloud. Also, it allows connecting to your website and passes SEO value, by personalizing your newsroom link to your domain.

Cons

The monthly fee is a bit high, and since the newsroom is based on a template (very easy to fill out), not much customization is possible.

Rocio from Sennheiser

Industry: Music

Awesome tool for PR!

I can include a lot of contacts whom i can send information the easiest way possible.

Pros

Prezly is very easy to use and allows me to share important information wit media very fast

Cons

i think that some steps for creating the press releases can be skipped

joachim from De Lijn

Love it!

Pros

It does exactly what I need to send press releases. Features are plenty, support is very good, feedback on releases is awesome.

Cons

Contact management (tags, for example) could be faster in a few ways. So far I've only encountered serious downtime once, let's hope it stays that way.

Tine from Media

July 2015

Attractive and easy to use

My colleagues and I started working with Prezly a year ago and we are very pleased with it. Prezly is very easy to use and enables us to create attractive press releases in no time. Even colleagues who are not very tech-savvy quickly learned how to use it and really enjoy working with it. We especially like the clean and easy integration of visuals and video. As a big media company visuals are a major asset to our communication. Another important asset is the possibility to see the mailing reports: who opened our press releases? Who clicked on the releases? We can instantly see how successful or interesting a pitch is.

Agustín from AVC PR Agency

Great tool for PR

Great

Pros

We started using the tool a couple of months ago. It was really a game changer. Easy to use, it centralizes your PR efforts and deliver results.

Cons

Maybe the startup wit the tool. It wasn't that friendly at first

July 2016

Benoît

July 2016

Gianni from AXA Belgium

Prezly is a PR-professional's best friend

Pros

Prezly is an all-in-one, streamlined PR solution. The software is user friendly and intuitive. The team is really always available: anywhere and anytime.

Cons

No negative issues with Prezly to mention, in my opinion.

Micha from Micha Pycke PR

Making your life easier

Prezly has made life a lot easier for me. And more fun! All the tools you need to create and monitor a good press campaign is now centralized in one program. No more working with different excell sheets, mail chimp lists, word documents etc. Everything is really user-friendly and the mailing reports are very helpful. Easy, simple, fun, beautiful.

Pros

Everything above

Cons

Maybe it would be even better to have some more options to personalize your page.

Response from Prezly

Replied June 2016

Thank you for your review Micha. There are extra options to personalize your newsroom. You can create a custom css skins to completely change the look and feel. Enterprise clients can also get custom newsroom layouts that tie in seamlessly with their own website.

Alexandra from WPG Uitgevers België

User friendly PR tool

I've been working with Prezly for over a year now and it's a very user friendly tool, easy to explain to new colleagues or interns. For my team it's helpful to have our contacts stored in one list that all of us can rely on. I especially like the mailing reports to see which journalists are interested and to learn how successfull the pitch is . You can simply add images, video content and links to the online press release. Although for our products (books), we'd like to see the clean and basic layout somewhat more personalised.

Response from Prezly

Replied August 2015

Bedankt Alexandra!

Graeme from Shoosmiths

August 2015

Excellent online tool for any PR professional

We have changed the way we issue and pitch press releases since we started using Prezly. The tool is easy to use, it helps connect up social profiles for your contacts and gives you quick and easy access to view campaign results. To top it off, the support from the team behind Prezly has been nothing short of superb. Any questions are normally answered within minutes using the online chat. Highly recommended to anyone looking to make the jump into the digital PR world.

Jessica from dmg events Middle East, Asia & Africa

Expanding PR opportunities

Quick to set up and easy to use, Prezly is the tool PR pros need to convert their traditional press releases into advanced multimedia news releases. Video content, downloadable image galleries, and social media sharing are vital to effectively engage with our target public nowadays. The email campaign reports and analysis provided by Prezly's platform further help to successfully manage media relations.

August 2015

Miguel from The Comfortable Boxers Co.

August 2015

It's not CRM, it's PRM (Press Release Management)!

Prezly handle press releases beautifully with a wonderful layout and editing options. They're published under a professional template and makes them easily sharable for viewers. More than that, you can distribute these press releases to your press contacts in a beautiful manner as in-line attachments. This is what I call PRM, which open status, easy replies, and excellent contact management.

Karen from Tenneco

The perfect news room!

Rating says it all: Prezly is a very easy and simple tool to use, no complexity, straight forward. In a few clicks my news releases are launched. Uploading language versions goes very fast too. Our newsroom looks very professional. Customer support is top: each question is answered within a few moments. Stop looking, use Prezly!

Thomas from Gaudeamus Muziekweek

August 2015

A usefull and easy to use program

Prezly has made PR life a lot easier for us. All the information you need is now centralized in one program, instead of scattered across various excel sheets, word documents etc. Sending campaigns is a simple task, and with Prezly it's easy to document the different campaigs you've send before. In short, a recommendable program.

Earnest from Harris Management

The Best PR Tool

I have used Prezly for a while now and absolutely love it. I have had numerous people comment on how professional our pr is and our releases thanks to Prezly. It has increased our company's brand image a thousand-fold. Wouldn't use anything else.

Response from Prezly

Replied August 2015

Thanks for your kind words Earnest.

Miguel from Comfortable Club

Fantastic PR Platform

I loved using it for my Kickstarter launch and my comfortableclub.com e-commerce store. It provides a seamless experience for bloggers to pull information from.

June 2015

Francesca from Eidos

June 2015

Amazing

The easiest way to communicate as a press office, finally we can monitorize which journalists read or not our releases. Moreover the customer care is fast and always available! It's great!

bruno from sweetad

Prezly app

Easy to use, it saves a lot of time for you. It is a little bit slow when you try to add a lot of photos.