All Eventbrite Reviews

Rachel

Religious Institutions, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Changed the way we do events

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2020

Eventbrite for Beginners

Our goal is to encourage our Facebook audiences to attend more virtual events and provide them with the exact information and details they need, all housed in one concise place and Eventbrite has been the perfect tool for us. The analytics and reporting are very robust, especially for a free plan.

PROS

The setup and ease of use for a first time Eventbrite user/manager was incredibly easy and seamless. The feature that is most useful to us is the Facebook event integration - and the best part - it's free. This way, our social media audiences can register for tickets directly through the Facebook event published on Facebook. It's such a powerful feature and so incredibly easy to setup.

CONS

I wish there was an abilitty to make updates to the address after an event has already been published. With COVID-19, we had to shift from an in-person event to make it a virtual event and because we had to change the address, Eventbrite woudn't allow it. Suggestion - if an address needs to be changed, Eventbrite could automatically send an email to the list of attendees or a calendar notification of the change. The Mailchimp feature is extremely limited and I have trouble understanding what exactly the purpose of it is. I have not doubt that Eventbrite will enhance it in the future with incorporate more robust functions because Eventbrite is really great with continually improving their tools.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

The Facebook integration was seamless and is a very powerful feature, that's also free.

Stephanie

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Good for event promotion and ticketing/applications

I enjoy that Eventbrite lets me "follow" groups whose events I'm interested in, so that I can be notified whenever they post a new event. Eventbrite provides high-definition live streaming of the events and real-time interaction with attendees.

PROS

Eventbrite has made it so simple for me to organize and host an event. All the fundamentals are laid out in a clear fashion, which simplifies management. You can also look back at past events you've made, which can be a wealth of information. One of the features I appreciate best is the ability to administer multiple "organizations" (profiles) from within the same account.

CONS

When it comes time to make the abbreviated URL to promote the event, I always seem to get flustered. There's room for development there, and the ensuing connection might be integrated into the production of the event as a whole, in my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

Organizing, publicizing, and participating in gatherings related to our educational and accelerator initiatives. As a result of how quick and simple it is to complete each step, we are able to get back to our regular work more quickly whenever it comes time to organize another event.

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Don't deal with Eventbrite

Dismal!!! Crappy! Own your problems and fix them!!!!

PROS

NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING! Did I say "NOTHING"?

CONS

Everything!! Lousy customer service who kept pointing the finger at the venue even though I'd never dealt with them.

bulungu

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Good and bad side of Eventbrite

PROS

I like that the tool comes at a fairly good price compared to its alternatives and does a good job in marketing

CONS

The tool works perfectly and i have not encountered any issues

Gikge

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great event planning solution

PROS

I love that the tool can handle planning multiple events with ease even to non technical members.

CONS

The customer support have delays responding at times

Tydie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use for Event Management

Love it, would definitely use it again for event management and recommend it to my colleagues and friends. Easy to manage on the backend.

PROS

I love how easy it was to set up my event and manage all the moving pieces. I could track registration, register folks on my end, and create the registration page to my liking.

CONS

No cons really, just the price. It isn't super expensive, but wish it was cheaper.

Pedro

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

The most modern and friendly user

PROS

The fact that the design is friendly user and helpful and needed to find the right tools to promote your event

CONS

The new pricing on publishing events, used to be free

Mwangi

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Attendee management and event planning

PROS

The tool offers a friendly interface crucial for planning for our regular events

CONS

I have not encountered any problems with the tool to date

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Plan with Eventbrite

PROS

Very comprehensively covered, thoughtfully worked out.

CONS

Of course, when I am informed about nonavailability of place!!

Lena

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Event rite is a fantastic all in one event planning software

Eventbrite allows me to plan, create, manage, ticket, and checkin guests all with ease. I have all of my contacts right at my fingers and can create a fully customizable event. The forms are customized so that I can be sure I receive all the information I need from customers. I am able to share so easily on most any platform and manage everything, from attendees, to the event details, payments and ticketing, and even checkin and registration on the day of the event. It makes it so easy for event to go flawlessly. I highly recommend.

PROS

I really like how easy it is to set up a planned event with full customization. I am able to import contacts from many platforms allowing me to reach a larger audience. It is great for any size event and allows customers to attend the event with minimal interaction with employees. It is easy to share and manage and makes ticketing go very smoothly from start to finish.

CONS

There are some required features that I don’t always need to use but it’s not that inconvenient so I don’t really have any complaints.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

I liked that it was more customizable with much easier features.

Joanna

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Nice Option for Small Nonprofits

My overall experience with Eventbrite was positive. I do believe, though, that the production link access process could be streamlined. Do users have to create a password protected Eventbrite account for a free ticket? Eliminating that step could streamline the process for both attendees and administrators.

PROS

Being a small nonprofit performing arts organization, Eventbrite's no-fee ticketing option was a great way for our choir offer our virtual production free to our community. We had more views for the production than expected. In fact, attendees included senior living center residents from different countries as well as from several states in the US. I believe using Eventbrite broadened our audience. Another pro was being able to capture names and email addresses of all attendees. I easily exported the contact information for importing to our email distribution app.

CONS

Our organization attracts an older demographic. We had quite a few people contact us at the start of each performance stating they could not figure out how to view our concert. Each instance was an issue with logging into the Eventbrite account. After attempting to assist, I eventually had to send the performance video link directly to the guest via email.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

We chose Eventbrite for the no-fee ticketing option in order to keep our administrative costs as low as possible.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

Due to COVID, our choir was unable to perform live. Moving to virtual, we decided to offer our production free as a gift to our community. To keep costs to a minimum, we chose to use Eventbrite's no-fee option.

Leslie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Amazing Platform for golf tournaments and special events

Overall, I really like hosting events on Eventbrite and I will continue using them for upcoming events. I would recommend Eventbrite for events of all types and sizes.

PROS

The thing I like most about this software is being able to customize ticket types. Depending on which type of ticket an attendee chooses, the organizer can determine which type of questions the person registering must answer. For example, if you choose platinum sponsor, you are asked which shirt size you want. It is the best platform I have used for special events and even offers a check-in feature for the day of your event. There are endless opportunities for customizing your own event. Also, if you have a contract in place with Eventbrite for your events, they will not charge you a ticket fee for free events.

CONS

The thing I like least about this software is the fees. I was expecting a processing fee for credit card sales but there is an additional Eventbrite fee. This was remedied by signing a contract with them. Now all my fees are capped at a specific price and I can now have the attendee absorb the costs.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

Before switching to Eventbrite we were using Excel spreadsheets to organize attendees and having them pay through Paypal. Switching to Eventbrite has save so much time and money.

Aislinn

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2019

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Eventbrite

It's good for anybody that’s organizing an event obviously, the nice thing about Eventbrite is that it's free to use long as you're not charging for the event. There is a fee if you are charging for the event so the fees are 2.5% plus 99 cents transaction fee. So that's a service fee to Eventbrite for using their platform. Again, this is only if you're charging for the ticket, and then if there's a credit card use, then the credit card fee is 3.5% which is quite high, but when you factor in the time to chase attendees for invoice payments it's kind of a no brainer From an implementation perspective, it's super easy to use, you just have to sign up and then build out your event page. The usability is super easy peasy, there are some options that take a little longer to get used to, but overall it's quite easy to use.

PROS

The top feature for Eventbrite is that it's really easy to track events and the attendees that are coming to your events. You can create an event very easily, share it across multiple platforms, there's a direct link to your Facebook business events page from Eventbrite. Making it super easy to get the word out. You can track the events that are sent out and how people found your event so you can get a sense of where people are looking to find out about events and then put your efforts into advertising in those channels later on. You can print name tags which is really awesome, so if you have an event where you want to everyone to wear name tags, rather than getting everybody to write them out when they can show up and you already have them printed. And then finally, there is a huge audience that uses Eventbrite, so you'll find that getting the word out is a lot easier. People will do a search for types of events like yours, find your event, and show up which is great because you had to work very little to get them to come to your event.

CONS

So, some of the requested features; we would like to see more customization in the actual Eventbrite page itself and as well the emails that are sent out to your invitees. So at the moment, I think there's only two templates and you can't really do much to change the look and feel, or the text within it, so it would be great to be able to customize those features a little bit.

Waleed

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Event standard that fails so many accounts

Eventbrite doesn't take into consideration customization of the messages that go out. All in all, you can just incapacitate a few messages, yet not others. So if your occasion is facilitated somewhere else it actually sends your participants a befuddling email that has minimal pertinent data. That email has an essential source of inspiration that guides your occasion participants to download the Eventbrite application. On enlistment Eventbrite consequently checks the crates for participants to be advised of different occasions on their foundation just as news that Eventbrite needs to share. Basically, they market straightforwardly to your participants - except if they uncheck the pre-chosen boxes. It is extremely unlikely of eliminating the Eventbrite marking on enlistment. This is OK for a free stage, yet at any rate offer a paid rendition that considers that. They default to causing clients to enter their email address Multiple times during a short enlistment measure. Also, they should enter their name twice too. Their insightful following is disappointing contrasted with different stages, however hello it's free... so this isn't as large of an arrangement. To wrap things up... Eventbrite install broke our wordpress site. The javascript code meddled with our custom thank you page and leaves participants with a terrible spring up "

PROS

Straightforward, rich, clean UI List of attendees administrator is all that we need without abundance, cruft Framework is cloud based subsequently requires no abundance incorporation, administrator past a login, interface Reasonable rates for top of class work process All around known, no erosion or dread produced Marking is custom and adequate to adjust our own and Eventbrite's

CONS

Complex list of attendees sort highlights to give all the more fine need Recognization of VIP registrants Host and client profiles so records can be promoted whenever wanted Limits for not-for-profits and magnanimous associations Reconciliations ideally without Zapier Express related, suggested occasion controls

Jeremy

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2023

The Leader in Event Management

Eventbrite is an outstanding platform for event planning and ticketing. Its user-friendly interface, robust promotional tools, and comprehensive event management features make it a top choice for both organizers and attendees. Despite a few minor drawbacks, Eventbrite remains a go-to platform for streamlining event operations and driving ticket sales. Whether you're hosting a small workshop or a large-scale conference, Eventbrite provides the necessary tools to make your event a success

PROS

One of the standout features of Eventbrite is its user-friendly interface. Navigating the platform is intuitive, whether you are an event organizer or an attendee. The process of setting up an event and managing ticket sales is straightforward, thanks to the well-designed event creation tools and customizable ticketing options. Eventbrite offers a variety of ticket types, including general admission, VIP, early bird, and more, allowing organizers to cater to different audiences and pricing structures.

CONS

While Eventbrite excels in many areas, there are a few areas for improvement. Firstly, the pricing structure, although competitive, may be prohibitive for smaller-scale events or non-profit organizations. Eventbrite charges fees based on a percentage of ticket sales, which can add up significantly. Additionally, some users have reported occasional glitches or technical issues, although these instances appear to be relatively rare.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

Wide adoption and support.

Marc

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2016

Solid Event Hosting Option With a Few Quirks

With a large number of "event applications" out there, Eventbrite has found its way to the top of that list thanks mostly to their easy to use interface and well thought out back-end that not only covers all of an event host's bases but also integrates with other areas of their marketing. Free to anyone who isn't requiring payment for tickets, Eventbrite makes it easy to quickly put together a good looking registration page fast, without the hassle of payment or subscriptions. The paid feature for anyone requiring ticket fees is a little more rigid in how the user can collect it's money which can make it a little tougher to work with depending on how badly you need the revenue from your ticket sales. The payment processing fees are still reasonable, though.

PROS

-Powerful system that provides a large number of great features (creating, promoting, tracking, checking-in, analyzing) for free -Event page creation is quick and easy. If you want something simple, you can be done in minutes. If you want to customize different areas of the design and registration process, you have that ability as well. -Integrations with outside marketing platforms like HubSpot and MailChimp allow the user to connect their other marketing platforms together to create the most powerful event marketing toolset you could ask for. -Relatively good analytics and reporting sections gives you solid insight into how successful your event was and where you can improve moving forward. -The mobile application (Neon) for event hosts makes checking in attendants a breeze by either scanning the printed tickets Eventbrite provides or just finding their name and swiping your finger across it! -Customer support is relatively attentive (I've averaged around 3-5 minutes on hold before speaking to a representative via phone) and the knowledge base they've set up on their website it pretty helpful when it comes to answering some of your intermediate-level questions around customization and platform functionality.

CONS

-The paid feature is a little rigid when it comes to payout structure compared to other options. You normally can't receive payout for your ticket revenue until your event ends, making it a tough option for those looking to promote an event months in advance who need the revenue now. Definitely something to consider. They provide early payout, but depending on how much revenue you're expecting to generate, that may not even be a viable option. -Customizing your registration page with your brand's colors, logos and images can be difficult and require some coding skills. You also won't be able to get rid of the Eventbrite branding so anyone looking for total design control may not like this option.

Marcus

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Automate and Streamline your Events!

PROS

Eventbrite serves as a semi automated planning service that is mostly free to use. It allows you to book events, invite a few or a mass of people via spreadsheet or other import functionality and schedule the timing of when the invites will go out. Furthermore, it can do follow up reminders and keeps track of who opened the invitation, the attendance, and what type of ticket was purchased. Most importantly, it allows you to offer many types of attendance tickets, including a virtual attendance option if you're livestreaming. This is crucial if you're trying to get an accurate headcount of people who will be physically in attendance at your event.

CONS

The multi user interface gets a bit tricky during set up. If you want multiple individuals managing your events, the set up is initially a bit taxing but once its up and working, there isn't an issue. There should just be a click and go functionality for assigning managers and users.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

Eventbrite gives you a lot of customization within its template and offers you a handful of social media outlets to advertise the event in. It also supports Apple wallet.

Cost, ease of use.