All MyRec.com Reviews

Tom

Reviewed October 2017

More than a great software company! There are great people at MyRecDept.com

Having been a MyRecDept.com customer for over 15 years, I have always found the MyRec team to be very responsive to any issues I ever encountered. I really appreciate that now the software is so fully functional that they call us to check in and make sure things are going ok and that we are taking advantage of any new features that they have recently added.

PROS

I really appreciate that MyRecDept.com continuously improves the product, adding new features and streamlining functionality all the time. The MyRecDept.com software gives our organization everything we need for a fraction of the price that we would pay to use some of the more "well known" recreation admin software company's products. Why pay more for fancy bells and whistles that you will never use?

Thanks Tom for the great review- it has been a pleasure serving you.

Replied November 2017

Reviewed July 2023

Customer thoughts after 18 years of using MyRec

Over the years MyRec has evolved from a bare bones inexpensive software package to what I consider to be one of the most user friendly options (on both the management and public sides) on the market and by far the best value for your money.

PROS

1. The MyRec customer service is second to none! There are no endless chat bots to "talk" too; just simply pick up the phone and talk to a real person in the United States. The internal Help Desk can also answers many of the questions quickly.2. Customer feedback is always welcomed and they are very proactive in implementing suggestions which=h has allowed them to keep up with the industry and outpace competitors. 3. They are a small business focused on one thing: being the best Parks & Rec software in the industry. I feel that over the years they have achieved this.

CONS

1. They do not have all the bells and whistles as the software from larger companies. Each year they implement more options and are quickly catching up. 2. For a small to mid size/large department they are perfect. Metropolitan/County sized departments may find limitations.

1. Value for the money2. Ease of use on management side

It has been a pleasure serving your department! Thanks so much for taking the time to review, and for being a loyal customer. We are thrilled the software is growing to meet your needs.

Replied July 2023

Nancy

Reviewed March 2023

"Over 55" Recreation Manager and Farmer Market Manager

I appreciate all the help I have received from customer service. They are amazing!

PROS

There is only one thing I like about myrec, which is the customer support. The customer support is amazing, they are always there to answer and help with problems. I call all the time and have become very friendly with the staff. They always answer the phone and always help me fix whatever problem I'm having.

CONS

I do not like myrec. I keep a little book in my desk called the " I hate MyRec book" and I write down all of the stupid problems I have. Things that should be simple are not. Looking up a name, you can't put in the name , Chin, b/c the Chins will not come up, it starts with A's. Or, I know someone is in the system, put in the name, spelled correctly but it still does not show up. The system insists I put in information I do not have, so I have to make it up, like birthdays, addresses, emails. Why can't I leave it blank. I hate that it always forces me to confirm this stuff but at the same time it won't stop people from making duplicates, which I can't delete of ever merge together, b/c its not simple. In our old system, you would pick a group and click send email, now I have to click nine times to do the same thing! Nine times! The same thing with labels, in the old system, find the group hit labels, this system, you have to dig for it. When looking up information I see a lot I don't need and nothing I want is on the same page. How about the persons name, address, phone, etc. on one page, ( the address is on a different page) with.. the activities they are in and the credits/ balances they owe? While I think the support is amazing, I hate that I have to call constantly for the smallest stuff. I do not defend this company to the public at all. I constantly get negative feedback from the public and I have to turn into the IT person to fix it.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

One person,.. in the office initiated the change. While no system is perfect, Sportsman was way easier to use. One click verses nine to send an email.

We do appreciate the time it took to do this review, but we'd love the opportunity to address your concerns as this is not the norm of the MyRec.com software reviews we are receiving. We also wish you gave client support a better rating seeing that is what you love about the company.

Replied April 2023

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

MyRec makes a one-woman-operation possible!

My overall experience with MyRec.com is just awesome. I am a one-woman-operation and this system allows me to do what I do each day. If I need help, I dial the phone and get immediate assistance and a pleasant interaction.

PROS

I like the ease of registration for recreation programs...soccer, basketball, piano, art-literature, lacrosse, dog obedience, etc. Events - July 4th, parade registration, concert in park...it's all right there to see. Need an email blast to everyone - send it out. Cancelling a class and need to update the cost? Easy-peasy. If I need help, I call and get 100 percent knowledgeable, pleasant, step-by-step help and feel good about learning something new.

CONS

Must confess, I can't get the photos from my phone set up correctly (and quickly) when adding a new program, but I simply call and get awesome support and usually a pleasant or inciteful conversation that propels me.

Reason for choosing MyRec.com

More cost effective and much easier to use.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the software. This feedback validates the efforts we put forward every day to make life easier for our clients. It certainly has been a pleasure serving your department!

Replied April 2024

Alicia

Reviewed March 2022

Littleton feedback

There are a lot of issues with the in house operations; my Program Coordinators prefer RecDesk's software, but the customer service, desire to do better, and flexibility that we get from MyRec are far superior to them. Like I said before it is a glitchy program and is not consistant, but ultimately it does what we need it to do and MyRec does put a lot of effort into making the software better all of the time.

PROS

The community site is easily search able for patrons. The company's openness to development in suggested areas. It does feel like MyRec is trying to consistently improve its operations for the better. The base functions of creating households, registering for programs, and point of sales operations are very easy to learn and use. Cloning of programs and activities is easy and extremely useful and efficient. Dashboard information is great! It would be out of this world if it was customizable. Customer Service and tech help is quick and often knowledgeable to fix issues in one call.

CONS

Overall there is no consistency with options and filters. For example some reports you can get an excel export and some you can't, this is the same for programs (advanced verse standard) and all other modules. The software is very glitchy. The site can shut down with no warning and we have to call in to make sure it is taken care of. We also deal with some odd one off issues that can't be explained, but we usually find some sort of solution. It keeps us on our toes, but wish we could depend on the software more. Things change so fast that it is hard to keep up sometimes. Offer quarterly training would be amazing! Streamline integration with other software. I mentioned earlier the issues with Constant Contact, it would be great if there was an easy integration with financial software like MUNIS. I believe it is possible, but we have not tackled that project yet.

see above

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

We left RecTrac because the 3.1 upgrade was going to be forced and the price increase was not something we could afford. At that time we switched to RecDesk because it met our needs for ease of use in house and for our patrons, ultimately help was almost impossible from them and the excuse we received from the president was that more departments had joined and they had no intention of increasing their work force so the response time was drastically effected with no intention of changing it. We changed to MyRec because we were promised that we would be able to transport all of our data from RecDesk over to MyRec. It was attempted but did not work at all. We are extremely please with the customer service and the company's constant evolution of the software.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review for us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you on your concerns. There are some items that are in fact offered (trainings, munis export, new exports) and urge you to give a call into client services to make sure those are turned on for you or check out the knowledge base for information on any new features.

Replied March 2022

Donn

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

No Software out there is perfect but MyRec keeps trying!!

MyRec has changed our customer experience and provided us more management over our facilities and our revenues. We saw an increase in our Summer reservations and a huge decrease in that traffic in our office. This has allowed our staff to be more active with other projects. As a plus when we have had issues MyRec's customer Service is leaps and bounds above other software I have used. (Active, EZ Facility, RecTrac) I am very happy that I found MyRec so many years ago!

PROS

Their customer service is top notch. Top down they all know their software and can help you find a solution that would make your life simpler. Our clients love online reservations and as a staff we love how easily folks can take care of their reservations, programming, and recreation needs from home. Increased awareness, and less traffic through our offices. Bonus all the way around. The financial reports are also super helpful showing how our income is broken down. Tells the story we need for our assembly.

CONS

There are things that aren't perfectly smooth when trying to make reservations as an admin but it isn't a super pain, just wish it was even easier.

Reason for choosing MyRec.com

The cost, The Service, and it fulfilled all of our needs.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

The costs were through the roof and the customer service was lackluster.

It has been such a pleasure working with you and your team! Thank you.

Replied December 2019

Samantha

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

User Friendly and Support Team is Fantastic!!

The MyRec.com staff is extremely responsive and always a phone call or email away when we need to troubleshoot a problem or ask a question. When we initially set up our software system they did all the leg work for us and took all of our program information and inputted it into the website for us, making it a seamless transition.

PROS

Provides a user friendly interface for our customers. Program registration is very easy to utilize whether setting up for a one time program or advanced activities such as sports or camps. I also love that we can input our registration forms online through the custom forms feature, and cut down on paperwork in the office.

CONS

There are very few things I don't like about this software. The staff is always looking for feedback on how they can improve the software to better serve their clients and their communities.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

We were looking for a software system that was much more user friendly and one in which we could bring our summer camp registration online.

We are happy to hear you having such a great experience with the software. Thank you so much for your feedback- it has been a pleasure working with East Windsor!

Replied October 2020

Courtney

Great Value

Before MyRec our department was living in the dark ages of carbon copy forms and huge binders alphabetizing participants. MyRec brought us into the 21st century and we haven't looked back.

PROS

MyRec is very easy to use for the administrator and public user. The company consistently makes changes to enhance the experience. The reporting is thorough and accurate. The customer service is stellar. Any issues are very quickly resolved. It's great that customers can log in and see all of their families camps and activities in one spot.

CONS

The only thing I wish was different is the login username requirements for the public side. The #1 call we get from the public is users not being able to log in because they didn't realize that their username isn't necessarily their email address. If they required the username be an email address, this would help with this issue. Otherwise, everything is great.

Reason for choosing MyRec.com

Best value and ease of use. Great financial and enrollment reporting. Very customizable.

We are so happy that you are enjoying the functionality of the software. It has been a pleasure serving you.

Amy Jo

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

MyRec review

from start to finish line the service was outstanding. I felt like MyRec listened to our needs on what we wanted, and they delivered. very friendly and great prices.

PROS

I love the ease of use; customer service is very helpful and knowledgeable.

CONS

when running a distribution summary report, it would be nice to click on the blue highlighted total to find out for example what day a reservation was made so that either an invoice number could be shown, a name or at least a date shown when that takes place. we don't run daily totals, we run biweekly or monthly.

Reason for choosing MyRec.com

dollar value and to be honest, they took the time to explain things and helped us. i felt like a number when working with Rec desk. They actually were mad when they called back to ask why we didnt choose them. i said that their tone right there when we talked was the reason why. very nervy to act like that

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

Active Net was NOT user friendly, and it seemed as though they were leaving the recreation part of their training. they charged additional fees and were not helpful to say the least

Much appreciation for the kind words in your review, thank you. Please call into client services as there may be another report that will give you specifically what you are looking for.

Replied January 2023

Melinda

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed November 2021

Amazing Customer Service

Amazing so far.

PROS

Easy of use, great price, amazing customer service and functionality.

CONS

So far not much, there are some financial reporting we would like to see, and fixes around waitlist notifications, but most everything we need is in MyRec.

Pricing was better.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

Very outdated software, we outgrew it. Not great functionality for what we needed.

We are so happy you are enjoying the software. If there is anything you need please remember you can always call into our client services department, and also can submit a change request if you find we don't have a specific item.

Replied November 2021

Kevin

Reviewed May 2020

MyRec Review

So easy to get to reports needed for presentations, or to have a call with someone to help me navigate to get that report. Any time I've needed help, I have typically been directed to where I need to go with relative ease and patience -- because sometimes I have the same question multiple times or annually!

PROS

By far, the most user friendly software I have used. I have been with other towns and companies and the software has been difficult to navigate, tough on the consumer and often was frustrating. The MyRec software was easy to get setup, easy to navigate and was and is extremely easy for our customers to use and navigate.

CONS

Probably the only thing right now would be the ability to make doing large batch refunds easier. This only popped up because of COVID-19, but the ability to do refunds for an entire class at once vs. doing them individually would be ideal. I have some programs with 60-100 participants and doing individual refunds is time consuming. Other than that, no major complaints.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

For a better user experience

Glad you and your customers are navigating with ease! Thank you so much for the feedback. We do have a batch refund to issue account credits, but it's too advanced to have multiple types of refunds happening on that many invoices at one time. Hopefully this is an isolated situation.

Replied May 2020

susan

Reviewed December 2019

Kingston Recreation Department

Working with My Rec. has been one of the best decisions that I have made in my 20 year tenure here at the Kingston Recreation Department. As mentioned previously, their professionalism, responsiveness, and overall great product make them an organization that I continue to tell other's about as it allows for enhanced efficiencies and productivity for our Department.

PROS

Our department has been using this software for 6 years. The pros are the ease of use, the exceptional customer service, the support of their staff to listen to questions and create/install new ideas based upon the users requests. They listen to their customers and are constantly creating and improving options based upon their customer's needs. The software provides so much data/information for us as department users which is extremely beneficial when budget planning, and showcasing what we do. The end user, our members/account users also continue to let us know how easy it is to use the software and receive information back from us via e-mail blasts and text blasts. The ease to add/change program and facility information is very important as well.

CONS

No cons about the Software, and this is not really a con... but more of a suggestion as a non-technical person, it would be great to have training's/webinars, etc for new functions when they are added, or just a yearly training/webinar to remind us and showcase all that the software can provide. I know that we probably do not use all of the elements as being only a 2 person department it is hard to stay on top of all the new components.

We are so happy the Dept of Kingston and it's customers are enjoying the software. It has been our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for passing on the relevance of what we do to your neighbors- we really appreciate it. As far as training videos- you will find that the help files on your mgmt side are being populated with how to videos within each module. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Replied December 2019

Dan

Wakefield (MA) Recreation

Overall, great. I feel that MyRec is growing at a fast rate and would like to see things slow down. It doesn't need to have every capacity of a RecTrac.

PROS

I have used MyRec for about 10 years. When I took over the Wakefield Recreation job 7 years ago, it wa sa no-brainer to select MyRec for our needs. Rosters are great, reservations are relatively easy. There aren't a ton of bells and whistles. Perfect for smaller departments.

CONS

I feel like there have been TOO many changes. We are a 2 person dept that can't possibly keep up with every change. Some are good, some are bad! Sometimes more is less and seems MyRec is always implementing something new.

Reason for choosing MyRec.com

feedback form similar departments who had also made the switch.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

RecTrac was too much money and too much information. Probably great for a huge municipality with numerous revenue streams but not for smaller Towns.

Thank you so much for your review. We hear you about the rate of updates and appreciate the time you've taken to convey your experience with them. We have a list of intended updates for the year that you can review under Upcoming Changes on your management home page to help you get ahead of what's coming and ask as many questions as you need. We also hope you take advantage of our Live Updates Webinars that happen quarterly. We will be taking the desired rate of updates into account as we proceed in the future so we can all grow together at a pace that allows us to process what's happening.

Alison

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

mixed reviews

Has the bones, I have great difficulty navigating.

PROS

The MyRec software certainly has it's benefits. The registration process for users. reports and scheduling.

CONS

Hard to navigate from one screen to the next. frequently have to click back to a starting point and redo the process completely over, instead of being able to click a link on the page or use a back/return option. Seeking a highlighted option to perhaps get you to where you want to go is at time frustrating. the option of cancelling a program does not exist and refunding registrants is cumbersome. Additionally emailing and entire program require each activity to be addressed separately.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to us. Please contact us regarding your navigation frustrations with specific examples so we may look further into them. We would also like to speak with you regarding program cancellations and what you're looking for beyond activity cancellation. We do encourage refunds to be done by household to preserve the integrity of the transactions and can explain further if you would like. There are also options to email full programs rather than just specific activities that we we would be happy to go over with you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you encounter something you feel could be done more easily in a different way or just if you are wondering how something might be done more efficiently. We appreciate the opportunity to look into suggestions and help guide processes with our knowledge base.

Robert

Reviewed September 2022

MyRec is MyBestFriend at work!

From the first time we used MyRec you could understand the ease of understanding the platform and software. I am no where near a computer wiz and the software allow for anyone (including me) to quickly navigate and understand using the software to your best advantage. One of the best advantages to this software is if you ever get to a point that you are "stuck" one quick call to a MyRec specialist and your troubles are quickly solved and then they put a smile on your face :)

PROS

At first glance you could see the difference in design features and ease of understanding.

CONS

Always working to adjust anything you may dislike.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

After using MyRec it was an easy switch.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We are thrilled that the software is working well for you! It has been a pleasure serving Wiscasset.

Replied September 2022

Natalie

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

MyRec Software - Affordable and Good Features for Recreation

Great people to work with both from the sales side and the customer service side. The software really takes into consideration how a recreational professional would need to use it, not just a generic use. We are very happy we made the swtich!

PROS

It is a very straight-forward software to use on the admin side and user side. It is affordable and they are always taking our feedback on ways to improve features.

CONS

We switched from ActiveNet and found there were some features that MyRec did not have that we liked previously. We have been with them for over 2 years and have been able to talk through how to add features or improve features when possible.

Reason for choosing MyRec.com

Like the look of the admin and user side much better.

Reasons for switching to MyRec.com

Lower rates for customers and our department. Much more user friendly.

We are so happy that the software is living up to your expectations. It has been a pleasure to serve your department, and appreciate you for taking the time to review.

Replied July 2023